Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If you got hold of one and could hold off JB and M and the siblings at gunpoint or something, you could possibly CBT them out of it in a year or so. But unfortunately nobody's going to be able to do that. It's unbelievably depressing. And no one who is within a hundred miles of being either a good or a sane person would do this to their children. JB and M are terrible terrible people and they've kept everyone who isn't sucking up to them far enough away or intimidated enough so that nobody else will try to rescue the kids apparently. They oughta be locked up. Truly. 

This is why I don't believe in homeschool, except in very rare cases of a severely handicapped child who is physically incapable of leaving a hospital bed.

I believe in public schools and accredited private schools, but not homeschools.  There have been way too many cases of abuse and neglect of homeschooled kids and too many cases of children not being taught much of anything.  This should not be allowed.  Government has a responsibility to protect and educate children in America.  Most of the problems in the Duggar family could be solved if the children were required to attend an accredited school.  

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, ariel said:

I was thinking, if Jana were to break free, I'm sure she could get a good paying job being a nanny for a wealthy family.  She would be respected & probably get a nice room or suite all to her own. 

And there's the added bonus of her being such a prude she won't try to steal the husband!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The thing is, nobody ever really got a chance to work up to going out and seeking work from strangers or whatever. They didn't get to do that in little ways that kids can do, like in a school class or with relatives, so now that they'd have to do it in adult ways that's about a thousand steps too far for them.

They were and are constantly preached to about how the whole world is out to get them, and they were kept as much as possible from having any experiences that could help counteract those messages, so they're all frozen with fear plus they just have very very entrenched no-I-can't-do-that habits.

If you got hold of one and could hold off JB and M and the siblings at gunpoint or something, you could possibly CBT them out of it in a year or so. But unfortunately nobody's going to be able to do that. It's unbelievably depressing. And no one who is within a hundred miles of being either a good or a sane person would do this to their children. JB and M are terrible terrible people and they've kept everyone who isn't sucking up to them far enough away or intimidated enough so that nobody else will try to rescue the kids apparently. They oughta be locked up. Truly. 

Churchie, re: your edit. Have you been partying on Vicodin with Tiger? :D

• Love 5

I hope Jana finds the most spectacular groom. One who is independently wealthy, great looking, not acceptable to JB, but he knows that this guy will bring great ratings (people love Jana). Oh what will JB do!? He will sign off on the match because the show is a ministry and the ministry needs vi$wers! No diluting the experience with one of his dull sons for an add on wedding. I would watch that season. Also the Nurie and Josiah or non-sinner twin season <both kinda geeky creepy imo. 

Those are my demands if they are not met then nothing will happen because I don't have any real power. But it feels good to puppet master those lives just like JB. 

It's these photos that drive me nuts. Every kid in the house bundled up to go with Jana. I just picture Jill tapping Jana on the shoulder, 'take care of that.' grrr. 

• Love 8
(edited)

It looks like there were some other older girls.  The girl in the black jacket and the girl in green look like they are at least in their teens or maybe even twenties. I think we seen the one in the black jacket before, but I don't really remember. At least Jana had some help today. 

Edited by Temperance

The point lately seems to be, look our family goes outside! This one and the picturee of Josie with a worm (a phallic symbol, btw Duggars) , although that was taken inside.  The worm one was posted the day of the wedding. I guess that was supposed to make people think the wedding couldn't be that day, Josie was digging in the dirt, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The worm one was posted the day of the wedding. I guess that was supposed to make people think the wedding couldn't be that day, Josie was digging in the dirt, lol.

It wouldn't surprise me if Josie was digging in the dirt the day of the wedding.  Feral kitten has to play.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 1:25 PM, ariel said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Josie was digging in the dirt the day of the wedding.  Feral kitten has to play.

Well if faced with another boring-ass wedding, I would play in the dirt too.  I don't blame Josie for that.   If I couldn't smuggle a book in my purse or flip through the Bible or prayer books nearby to stave off boredom, I would join her outside to dig up worms too.

• Love 4
(edited)

This is totally fantasy, but I would love for Jana to hook up with Dawn Frenche"s "Vicar of Dibley".  It would open her up to the good & fun side of Christianity.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, EAG46 said:

Well if faced with another boring-ass wedding, I would play in the dirt too.  I don't blame Josie for that.   If I couldn't smuggle a book in my purse or flip through the Bible or prayer books nearby to stave off boredom, I would join her outside to dig up worms too.

Or lick them. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Oh yay. How sad she can't just get up, leave the house and go by herself for a walk. I can picture her now on that damn intercom announcing her plans and these hangeroners all show up. I would be insane!!

I'd be insane if that many people had to follow me around whenever I tried to get out of the house!   I can't imagine the lack of privacy and alone time she must have to deal with! 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, awaken said:

I'd be insane if that many people had to follow me around whenever I tried to get out of the house!   I can't imagine the lack of privacy and alone time she must have to deal with! 

I think it reflects her value.  It's possible they've been letting Jana think only a few stray weirdos have expressed interest in her.   She needs a whole posse to keep interested men away.  Can't lose the most valuable/hardest working slave.  Can't let her get a peak at real life. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

No, Jana runs a daycare for the other PARENTS in the TTH.

That's her punishment for not marrying one of the suitors Jim Bob brought her way.  Let's face it:  even if she does marry, her only job in life will be taking care of kids.

• Love 2

...until they're old enough to cook, clean, and dress their younger siblings. Look at who she learned from. 

Jill and Jessa are halfway there, already using Jenni and Hannie as babysitters and likely maids. Hannie might even be making some simple recipes that don't call for mashed potatoes or rice.

• Love 2

Jill & Jessa don't have to worry about cooking for their families.  They eat out a lot via the gift cards their fans shower upon them.  DONATE - god forbid the Dugger girls or their spouses have to cook dinner & clean up afterwards. 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ariel said:

Jill & Jessa don't have to worry about cooking for their families.  They eat out a lot via the gift cards their fans shower upon them.  DONATE - god forbid the Dugger girls or their spouses have to cook dinner & clean up afterwards. 

We've talked about this before, and I just don't get it. These girls were "trained up" (not raised) to be "help meets," but none of them can cook. Jessa showed some vague interest in learning to cook early on in her marriage but, hey, she's a mom now, and mom's don't cook, right?

They don't cook, or clean, or sew, or anything traditionally associated with home making skills. Don't their other fundie "friends" do these things? Didn't any of them ever wonder why they weren't taught the things that they were supposed to know? Didn't any of these guys ever show any surprise, or any sort of push back when he discovered that his bride-to-be couldn't actually DO anything, and didn't actually KNOW anything?

Edited by cmr2014
I know verb tenses
  • Love 12
(edited)

I can't imagine there would be too much privacy for anyone in that house. 

Unshared opinion but I really think Jana will be the next Duggar girl to get married.  I was reading People and there was barely a box about Joe and Kendra. Most people don't know who they are and probably aren't too interested. Two or three Duggar boy courtships (which will be like two years later) after the novelty is worn off seeing a boy court; it'll be Jana's turn. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Portia said:

People would go NUTS over a  Jana courtship. Even I would, I'm afraid. 

Well, that depends... you haven't seen the putative guy yet.  What if he's dreadful?

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Well, that depends... you haven't seen the putative guy yet.  What if he's dreadful?

Then we'll go nuts in a different way? ;-)

• Love 10

Bringing this from another thread: It was speculated that Michelle was "tomato staking" Jana--not allowing her to be apart from her so she could watch over her because of some transgression. Does anyone know what she supposedly did? And why does Michelle hate her? (Apparently I missed this on the forum)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

Bringing this from another thread: It was speculated that Michelle was "tomato staking" Jana--not allowing her to be apart from her so she could watch over her because of some transgression. Does anyone know what she supposedly did? And why does Michelle hate her? (Apparently I missed this on the forum)

I'm going with - Jana was a pretty little girl who pulled the focus from Michelle. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AUgirl said:

Not sure about "hate," but Jana was apparently a handful as a child--a strong personality like Jessa. Michelle and Jim Bob were able to break her, plus the responsibility of being the oldest sister and primary caretaker to all her siblings finished the job. I've never been convinced that JB/M are deliberately holding Jana back from getting married...I think that Jana had a courtship go wrong, likely because JB didn't approve, and she hasn't been interested in anyone JB has offered up since.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think that Jana had a courtship go wrong, likely because JB didn't approve, and she hasn't been interested in anyone JB has offered up since.

I agree.  I also don't believe that Jill and Jinger were respectively, Derick's and Jeremy's first choice.  

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I agree.  I also don't believe that Jill and Jinger were respectively, Derick's and Jeremy's first choice.  

Oooh, interesting. Are you thinking Jana was their first choice and she turned them down? Jeremy/Jinger is the couple that baffles me the most, because she honestly doesn't seem like the type he would go for.

Jana admitted that she wants to marry and is finding it hard to wait. I think the problem is the kind of guy she wants isn't the kind of guy who's going to submit to a 50 page questionnaire and hand over his balls to Boob prior to the wedding. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oooh, interesting. Are you thinking Jana was their first choice and she turned them down? Jeremy/Jinger is the couple that baffles me the most, because she honestly doesn't seem like the type he would go for.

It's a known fact that Ben was heads over heels for Jessa.  However, I have a hard time believing that a guy who wanted to marry a Duggar girl, would choose fugly Jill and immature Jinger over sweet, gorgeous Jana.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  That is why I believe JB steered Derick and Jeremy in another direction.   

• Love 6
On 6/2/2014 at 11:14 AM, Bella said:

SAHM = Stay-at-home mom.

By extension SAHD = Stay-at-home dad, though I doubt that will be very relevant in this forum. ;-)

SAHD in this forum stands for Stay-at-home-daughter like Jana.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Jeremy ever had eyes for Jana. The story has always been he was introduced to Jinger by Jessa and fell pretty head over heels during the missionary trip.

But in the very beginning it was said that Derick would seek counsel from Jim Bob as a "father figure" well before he met any of the girls.  Derick inquired about meeting Jana, but Jim Bob introduced him to Jill because she "has a heart for being a missionary."

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 9

Churchie, how on Earth do you find this stuff? I checked out the Botkin sister website and noticed both girls had major nose jobs at some point. Apparently they're not entirely on board with putting their fates in God's hands, lol.

Unfortunately this is the sort of backwards thinking that's keeping Jana chained to the TTH. She'd increase her chances of meeting Mr. Right if she got out once in a while to take some classes or worked a few days a week at a part time job. 

• Love 2

Wow, watching the shopping expedition and whoever mentioned them leaving Jana out was right on the mark. Jinger the fashionista is not there they miss her so much, meanwhile, Jana who knows how to throw a classic ensemble together isn't even mentioned. At all. Unless, they were referring to her when they said they would leave the kids with 'mom' and walked away from the toddler on the floor. 

If there is a reality gawd, he better find an amazing groom and distract JB with shiny things so it can go through. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

As in this little gem. --- 

This reminds me that Ben has his speaking engagement this weekend with Jasmine's father, the abhorrent Voddie Baucham, and other former VF luminaries. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jana admitted that she wants to marry and is finding it hard to wait. I think the problem is the kind of guy she wants isn't the kind of guy who's going to submit to a 50 page questionnaire and hand over his balls to Boob prior to the wedding. 

Hard to wait, Jana?? Now I'm rooting for her to elope. Or just run away with someone, sans Jim Boob's blessing.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't believe this.  For many reasons, mainly there's no proof. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, LilJen said:

Hard to wait, Jana?? Now I'm rooting for her to elope. Or just run away with someone, sans Jim Boob's blessing.

JD needs to fly Jana to a nanny job. A nice progressive and  educated Christian family who happens to have all sorts of contacts with single Christian men. This family has interceded on Jana's behalf by asking JB to let her work for them as she would be such a gift from gawd. The single men this family  knows are all from Europe with deep roots making them unable to ever relocate. One is a tulip farmer and one, in Switzerland has herds of animals to supply cheesmakers. 

Edited by sometimesy
I want to clarify, this is just fantasy
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, sometimesy said:

JD needs to fly Jana to a nanny job. A nice progressive and  educated Christian family who happens to have all sorts of contacts with single Christian men. This family has interceded on Jana's behalf by asking JB to let her work for them as she would be such a gift from gawd. The single men this family  knows are all from Europe with deep roots making them unable to ever relocate. One is a tulip farmer and one, in Switzerland has herds of animals to supply cheesmakers. 

Oh, man! We need a new thread for Duggar Fan-fic! Or Duggar Very Special Episodes.

Jana goes on Rumspringa.

Anna makes Josh pay.

MEchelle goes 'round the bend. DimBulb dates. 

• Love 3

Yes, good old Jana. She's managed to keep her mouth shut except for mandatory TLC THs, stay off social media, and not (yet) get hooked up with some Bible-beating religious nut who wrote passing answers to her father's insane fifty-page questionnaire. She's also physically attractive, photogenic, and telegenic, with a naturally sweet expression.

She's the perfect screen onto which people can project their own fantasies. 

Jana's also spent time at Gothard HQ and is the physical type that Bill GotHard goes for. There hasn't been a reliable peep that she's disagreed with her parents or lost her temper with her younger siblings or shown any sign of wanting to change her life from its current state.

IMO, it's not at all impossible that Jana's as big a koolaid drinker as Jill, but with a less obnoxious personality and probably a stronger psyche. 

I recall how when Jill got engaged to a guy with a real college degree, there was a lot of discussion where people projected onto Derick their ideals and predicted he would broaden Jill's world, etc. - and we know what really happened. 

As for me, I now assume all Duggars aged 18 or over, married or single, are completely onboard with the beliefs (religious and political) espoused by Jim Bob and MEchelle. JB and MEchelle have thoroughly indoctrinated all their kids, and the level of comfort provided by the TLC money has kept the kids from questioning anything their parents or their parents' designated leaders (Gothard et al) tell them. 

I'm sure some things will happen in the future, that will displease JB and MEchelle. I'm not sure what those things will be. Truth is usually stranger than fiction anyway.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yes, good old Jana. She's managed to keep her mouth shut except for mandatory TLC THs, stay off social media, and not (yet) get hooked up with some Bible-beating religious nut who wrote passing answers to her father's insane fifty-page questionnaire. She's also physically attractive, photogenic, and telegenic, with a naturally sweet expression.

She's the perfect screen onto which people can project their own fantasies. 

Jana's also spent time at Gothard HQ and is the physical type that Bill GotHard goes for. There hasn't been a reliable peep that she's disagreed with her parents or lost her temper with her younger siblings or shown any sign of wanting to change her life from its current state.

IMO, it's not at all impossible that Jana's as big a koolaid drinker as Jill, but with a less obnoxious personality and probably a stronger psyche. 

I recall how when Jill got engaged to a guy with a real college degree, there was a lot of discussion where people projected onto Derick their ideals and predicted he would broaden Jill's world, etc. - and we know what really happened. 

As for me, I now assume all Duggars aged 18 or over, married or single, are completely onboard with the beliefs (religious and political) espoused by Jim Bob and MEchelle. JB and MEchelle have thoroughly indoctrinated all their kids, and the level of comfort provided by the TLC money has kept the kids from questioning anything their parents or their parents' designated leaders (Gothard et al) tell them. 

I'm sure some things will happen in the future, that will displease JB and MEchelle. I'm not sure what those things will be. Truth is usually stranger than fiction anyway.

There's a few of things that Jana has said that opened the door for a little doubt. One was about not being able to "forgive someone" and another was a vague answer to a TLC producer when being filmed at the Ark Encounter or other creationist museum place a couple of years back. I can't remember what she said, but she did not come off as a staunch believer. Joy also threatened her younger siblings with Jana when they weren't behaving. And the there's the fact that she was tomato staked, Jessa does not like her and she's not married. And Journey/Gothard; maybe a foot encounter got her thinking.

Maybe, just maybe Jana has a seed of doubt in her and she is patiently waiting for the best exit opportunity possible.

• Love 2
(edited)

If Jana's reading this (Hi, get a haircut!), now is the best exit opportunity. While there's still enough public interest that her idiot parents would have to be nice about it, and she could threaten that she'd spill their secrets if she had to. Eventually everyone will stop caring, and there won't be as many people willing to offer a helping hand, or listen to what she has to say, and while we talk about how great it would be if she got a nanny job for a nice Christian family, in reality a nice Christian family would probably prefer someone who'd been properly educated, done some first aid courses, and followed their own brand of Christianity.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, Catfin said:

Oh, man! We need a new thread for Duggar Fan-fic! Or Duggar Very Special Episodes.

Jana goes on Rumspringa.

Anna makes Josh pay.

MEchelle goes 'round the bend. DimBulb dates. 

It exists. "19 Parodies and Counting: The Goofy Thread"

• Love 2