Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

If there were an attraction between him and Jana, it would have happened then. 

Not necessarily. There are certainly plenty of people who knew each other as friends first before becoming something more down the road. Or maybe there was something there before, and Jim Bob put the kibosh on it, but now he's tired of the Cinder-Jana stories and gave his approval? Or maybe Jana wasn't interested before, but is desperate for escape now? (I hope it's not that.)

Regardless, if it is true I hope it's something she really wants and that it gets her far away from Duggar-land.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jana may also have more realistic standards/ideals at 27 than she did at 20. This guy seems like he'd be good to her, he's not bad looking, and he lives on the other side of the world. SNATCH HIM UP, JANA.

I'd agree with that if they would actually move to Indonesia where Jonathan works at the family fastener business.  However, odds are that if they did marry, Jonathan would get his old job back as Jim Bob's gofer and he and Ben would have to compete over who gets to mow the lawn and who has to clean the toilets.

• Love 4

I think it's possible. Five years ago, none of the Duggars (except maybe Josh... was he in DC then?) were away from home, the scandal hadn't broken and JBoob was much more obsessed with the matching set of 19. So if Jonathan and Jana were interested, but he didn't want to stay in the U.S., I can see Boob stopping that right quick. Flash forward to 2017, there's one daughter in Texas, one in Danger America and the Duggar empire (sadly) has not imploded. The Sr Duggars might be ready to change their minds, especially to save themselves from continuing bad CinderJana publicity. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Interesting.

I don't know if it's true or just speculation. I won't believe anything until it's confirmed by People or one of the other magazines that cater to the Duggars. Then again, they do need something to announce just in time for the new season. 

Probably bull, but I can think of a lot worse things for Jana to do. If she got the chance, she should jump at it. For one thing, she'd be removed from Duggarville a LOT of the time. And by a long distance. I thought she wanted somebody who does manual labor, though. 

I'd like Jana to marry someone who posts this dancing grandma (scroll down):

https://webgram.co/p/BNwGbVXDlKZ

I'm sure this kind of thing means that for sure it's not to be. But we can hope for a day or so anyway. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Probably bull, but I can think of a lot worse things for Jana to do. If she got the chance, she should jump at it. For one thing, she'd be removed from Duggarville a LOT of the time. And by a long distance. I thought she wanted somebody who does manual labor, though. 

I'd like Jana to marry someone who posts this dancing grandma (scroll down):

https://webgram.co/p/BNwGbVXDlKZ

I'm sure this kind of thing means that for sure it's not to be. But we can hope for a day or so anyway. 

Over in the Benessa thread there's a picture of J. Hartono with his mitts on Henry.  Maybe he pried him away from Jana.

• Love 2
(edited)

His LinkedIn says he atteneded PCC from 2011-15, so I'll assume bachelor's. Looks like he was Boob's gofer in the summers of '12 and '13, so he wasn't around them THAT long. And they probably housed him where Ben ended up sleeping a year after Jonathan left. 

eta: The plane is back in Springdale. It was only on the ground in Nashville for a couple of hours. Weird...maybe it's a new Jesus Jail for Smuggar?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I cannot believe that guy put all that stuff on his LinkedIn profile! That is really pathetic and embarrassing, to list all of the chores you did for Mr. Duggar!  Built 15 bunk beds. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, awaken said:

I cannot believe that guy put all that stuff on his LinkedIn profile! That is really pathetic and embarrassing, to list all of the chores you did for Mr. Duggar!  Built 15 bunk beds. 

To be fair, he might just be using it as a placeholder to explain what he was doing during that time, not as an advertisement of what he's capable of. A lot of people keep less than desirable work on their resume because yeah, it was crappy work but at least it shows they were doing something other than sitting around and watching daytime tv in their underwear.

And who knows, an employer might see that and read it as "can put up with a lot of bullshit".

• Love 11
1 hour ago, awaken said:

He also really needs an editor.

Yeah it was JD holding the gun with Jon. Horrible picture.

Jana should ask Jill how well fleeing the country works for a new marriage (and escaping their parents).

• Love 2

That Jonathan looks like a boy, vs. a man.  Ben looks like a boy.  Jeremy looks like a man.  I can't imagine Jana wanting a boy even though with some good luck he will grow into a man.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That Jonathan looks like a boy, vs. a man.  Ben looks like a boy.  Jeremy looks like a man.  I can't imagine Jana wanting a boy even though with some good luck he will grow into a man.

Agree.  Not someone I can see Jana with.

• Love 3

I can see Jana with Tim Tebow.  Even though he is dumb as a box of rocks, is supposedly still a virgin, he has enough sense to stay away from the Duggars.

• Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Agree.  Not someone I can see Jana with.

Me neither. Jonathan gives me shades of Lawson Bates. He seems to love himself and the camera a little too much and I don't see Jana going for a guy like that. They've known each other for so long, if a romance was going to blossom it would've happened by now. Unless Jana truly is that desperate and is at the point where she's willing to settle for anything.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jonathan may look like an overgrown boy, but Jana looks like an overgrown teenage girl. I think they match pretty well. The whole Sarah Paine marriage may have really shook Jana, so she's being more realistic now. 

Do you mean Tabitha?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Me neither. Jonathan gives me shades of Lawson Bates. He seems to love himself and the camera a little too much and I don't see Jana going for a guy like that. They've known each other for so long, if a romance was going to blossom it would've happened by now. Unless Jana truly is that desperate and is at the point where she's willing to settle for anything.

At this point, I'm not sure that would be a bad idea. Unless she actually gets away from both her family and her family's embedded-in-her-brain ideas, things on the marriage front are likely only to get worse for her. Plus, now, she's looking down the barrel of being the only eligible sister/aunt/mom-aged person in the  whole compound. Her life at home looks danged bleak. And out in the marriage world, you've got people like Tabby's husband. Yikes. 

That said, I'm sure it's bull. Somebody probably saw the semi-matching photos of Jana holding grumpy Henry and Jonathan holding grumpy Henry and decided that it meant something that they could spread rumors about. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

So, I've never watched the Duggars, I do like reading up on them in this forum and reading everyone's posts.

So, in their belief system are the children supposed to live with their parents until they're married?  Because I would love to see the twins get an apartment of their own.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Do you mean Tabitha?

Yes! Thank you. The one who married the Sex Offender Anal Rapist.

52 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

So, I've never watched the Duggars, I do like reading up on them in this forum and reading everyone's posts.

So, in their belief system are the children supposed to live with their parents until they're married?  Because I would love to see the twins get an apartment of their own.

Yes. Children are supposed to live at home under their father's spiritual umbrella  of protection until they marry. Then girls fall under their husband, and boys get their own umbrella. 

People marry for different reasons, and there's nothing wrong with marrying for love, companionship, convenience, money, etc. as long as they're all honest about it. Jana could do worse.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, McManda said:

To be fair, he might just be using it as a placeholder to explain what he was doing during that time, not as an advertisement of what he's capable of. A lot of people keep less than desirable work on their resume because yeah, it was crappy work but at least it shows they were doing something other than sitting around and watching daytime tv in their underwear.

And who knows, an employer might see that and read it as "can put up with a lot of bullshit".

He was in school during that time. He lists his time at PCC from 2011-15. It's pretty clear from the start and end dates that this was a summer job over the course of two summers. He's been working in the family business in Indonesia since his graduation, so I don't think he gets back to the States much anymore, although the Hartonos appear to love them some Gothard conferences. They do seem to be quite well off. 

If true, Jana would REALLY be getting herself away from the TTH, since I doubt Jonathan needs Boob's money or TV show.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I wouldn't care if Jana wanted to get married or not, but that seems to be her only escape from living with her parents under the Gothard faith.  Maybe she likes it there, I guess we will never know unless she tells us.

I would love for her to get her own apartment and start living her life for herself.  Make friends, take classes, not have to worry about babysitting one of her siblings or one of her nieces/nephews.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I wouldn't care if Jana wanted to get married or not, but that seems to be her only escape from living with her parents under the Gothard faith.  Maybe she likes it there, I guess we will never know unless she tells us.

I would love for her to get her own apartment and start living her life for herself.  Make friends, take classes, not have to worry about babysitting one of her siblings or one of her nieces/nephews.

Yes that sounds great to us.  Not sure it would sound all that great to Jana.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

People marry for different reasons, and there's nothing wrong with marrying for love, companionship, convenience, money, etc. as long as they're all honest about it. Jana could do worse.

Unfortunately, Jana has very few options if she wants to get away from her family and her role as primary caregiver to all her mother's minor children.  Her motivations, whatever they are, are hers alone but the fact is; its marriage or nothing for her. She doesn't have a choice; her only option is to get married for whatever reason and her father has the final say as to who she can marry.  As far as I'm concerned, the Duggar girls are little more than chattel sold to the highest bidder.  Not slaves, perhaps, but  similar to indentured servants.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Unfortunately, Jana has very few options if she wants to get away from her family and her role as primary caregiver to all her mother's minor children.  Her motivations, whatever they are, are hers alone but the fact is; its marriage or nothing for her. She doesn't have a choice; her only option is to get married for whatever reason and her father has the final say as to who she can marry.  As far as I'm concerned, the Duggar girls are little more than chattel sold to the highest bidder.  Not slaves, perhaps, but  similar to indentured servants.

The only difference between them and indentured servants is that indentured servitude has a contracted ending. If you make it through your 10 years you get to leave, pass go, and collect $200. At that point, you're probably poor but your soul is your own.For the Duggar girls, I'm gonna call it slavery. 

• Love 6

Re: Janna and marriage, one reason I think she does not want to get married is because the Duggars are all about marriage and pregnancies.  If she wanted to get married she would have been married...I do not see Jim Bob preventing it from happening.

• Love 2

I agree they are all about marriage and pregnancies. But someone MUST do housework, cook, look after the littles, and the useless adult males. Michelle and Boob are not going to do it.  I'm not as knowledgeable as others here, but I was under the impression fundies/culties hang on to a SAHD. I could also be pulling that non fact out of my ear. 

• Love 3

Jana says she wants to get married. I think she has a combo of anxiety, unrealistic expectations, a teeny circle of prospective men, and brainwashing/obedience that if she's 'good/holy' enough, Mr. Perfect will drop on her doorstep. Also, if she doesn't follow all the rules, and actually tries to seek a guy for herself, she's being disobedient and sending herself straight to hell. Jana is in a tough spot, but she needs to reassess her entire line of thinking if she wants to be married. The Gothard rules aren't working for her end goal.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jana says she wants to get married. I think she has a combo of anxiety, unrealistic expectations, a teeny circle of prospective men, and brainwashing/obedience that if she's 'good/holy' enough, Mr. Perfect will drop on her doorstep. Also, if she doesn't follow all the rules, and actually tries to seek a guy for herself, she's being disobedient and sending herself straight to hell. Jana is in a tough spot, but she needs to reassess her entire line of thinking if she wants to be married. The Gothard rules aren't working for her end goal.

Agree 100%. The Gothard dating pool sucks, and if Jana waits for Daddy to find her a Prince Charming she'll be eligible for AARP by the time she gets married. If she wants a handy guy with his own business she needs to get herself a job at Lowe's or Home Depot. That place is crawling with contractors, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, etc, and Jana would genuinely enjoy the work since she's so into DIY. She's never going to find anyone sitting in the tinker toy prison.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Agree 100%. The Gothard dating pool sucks, and if Jana waits for Daddy to find her a Prince Charming she'll be eligible for AARP by the time she gets married. If she wants a handy guy with his own business she needs to get herself a job at Lowe's or Home Depot. That place is crawling with contractors, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, etc, and Jana would genuinely enjoy the work since she's so into DIY. She's never going to find anyone sitting in the tinker toy prison.

You're right! I think the anxiety stems from being in the spotlight and scrutinized, being brainwashed into thinking Mr Perfect exists AND all men are lurking to rape her, never being able to normally socialize, etc.

• Love 3

She probably is looking at Josh and her three brothers-in-law and decided not to get married because the four of them are considered to be great husband material. Yes, I was able to type this without laughing or gagging. *sarcasm*

Within the horribly restrictive bounds of a Duggar daughter's life, maybe Jana has quite a bit of autonomy and freedom. She sees Jill and Jessa saddled down by endless children and useless husbands, and probably assumes that if she gets married it'll be to some irritating disappointment who creates a lot of work for her, and then there are the 19 children she'll perhaps want to raise properly. Maybe she realises that that's a task beyond most mortals, and doesn't want to become a neglectful baby machine like her mother. She might not want a TV family either.

Right now, she's got a lot of cleaning and childcare, but likely not much supervision. I don't see either Boob or Mechelle running a finger over the mantelpiece to check for dust. The children are getting more and more independent, and perhaps she can delegate to them a bit. Then she's got spare time for her Pinterest projects and reading that book about Prince Charming. So she doesn't get to sit at the big table with the marrieds, but she's got what resembles a decent life (considering her options).

I hope Jana is starting to get this time to relax and do her own thing, anyway. 

• Love 17

Jana seemed truly sad that she wasn't married yet in her talking-head clip.  She just turned 27 in January, which isn't that old really.  The average age for women marrying for the first time in the U.S. is 27.  In Canada, it's 29.1.  In the U.K., it's 30.  In Ireland, it's 31.6.  In Sweden, it's 33.3.  In France, it's 30.8.  The average age for men is even higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_age_at_first_marriage

She would realize this if her awareness of the world had not be stunted by homeschooling.  

• Love 5
Just now, Mollie said:

Jana seemed truly sad that she wasn't married yet in her talking-head clip.  She just turned 27 in January, which isn't that old really.  The average age for women marrying for the first time in the U.S. is 27.  In Canada, it's 29.1.  In the U.K., it's 30.  In Ireland, it's 31.6.  In Sweden, it's 33.3.  In France, it's 30.8.  The average age for men is even higher.

She would realize this if her awareness of the world had not be stunted by homeschooling.  

Sadly, in the little bubble, they just see those stats as sinful heathen women who have abandoned God by not marrying really young. Gothardites especially still teach that women shouldn't have jobs, income, anything that allows them to not be totally dependent on their husbands. Delaying marriage to go to school, work or not have children is sin.  They only thjnk that's prevented a marriage from being forced on Jana is Michelle needed her to run the household.

• Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Has anyone heard anything more about the storefront that was purchased in Jana's name?  Is that just another one of JB's dealings, or does it really belong to Jana?

Most likely one of JB's dealings. The general consensus on the boards is there's no way Jana has enough cash or even access to that kind of cash to purchase a 100k building outright. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Has anyone heard anything more about the storefront that was purchased in Jana's name?  Is that just another one of JB's dealings, or does it really belong to Jana?

Oh, silly you...nothing will ever belong to Jana.....not even her infinity scarves.

• Love 5

I think Jonathan could be a legitimate courtship

1. Jana must be getting desperate

2. Jonathan seems like he is super impressed with Duggars and their fame.  (must be a requirement)

3. It is possible that they were friendly and some affection grew...

I'm hoping that they really like each other and Jana gets a decent life. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

But for most of the women living in the countries you named above have emotionally satisfying peer relationships (a best friend), they are allowed to have hobbies of their choosing, a home of their own (to run as the see fit) and they are allowed to acknowledge and satisfy their need for partnered sex (if they have one) BEFORE they are married. For Jana being unmarried at 27 means the lack of a peer group, little freedom, no home of your own, and NO sexy times (or physical affection at all). If she is sad I don't blame her. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think Jonathan could be a legitimate courtship

1. Jana must be getting desperate

2. Jonathan seems like he is super impressed with Duggars and their fame.  (must be a requirement)

3. It is possible that they were friendly and some affection grew...

I'm hoping that they really like each other and Jana gets a decent life. 

It's all FAKE! It's so obvious!!!! All the sources that say this is true are bullshit. This rumor literally comes from 1 pic lol

• Love 6

I seriously doubt that the Jonna rumors are true.  No matter how adoring Jonathan is (to the Duggar machine) and how completely drowned in Kook-aid he is, Jim Bob would never allow Jana to marry someone who is not WASPy.  That would not fly with the "perfect" Duggar brand...super non-ethnic and overly manscaped (with the exception of Derelicte...someone please send this man a subscription to the Dollar Shave Club and a gift card for Cost Cutters!).  

If the rumors do turn out to be true, I will eat an entire pan of Tater Tot Casserole myself.  

• Love 5