Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Well, they've already moved on; the rumor mill is focused on Joy now. We shall see about either of them now that it is clear that there is going to be another season of this. But I doubt anything is going to come of this; the article is almost 6 months old. 

Given the announcement I posted in the media thread earlier from TLC, I'd say it was very recently renewed. Ten days ago, they promised Jinger's wedding after "two episodes." As of today, they're just promising a "glimpse." There is going to be another season of this. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I wonder how that plan (on that T-shirt on the flatbed Jboy) is going to work exactly. Somebody should ask him.

I don't want to start a political discussion in this thread, but it probably starts with getting the orange Cheeto elected President.

whether or not John is courting anyone

There's a John?  Oh wait, you mean JD.  Never mind.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 4

Joy is courting, apparently. Much too young. It's strange, for years, I felt achingly sorry for her, she always had bags under her eyes and red eyes at that. Now, suddenly, I'm going off her. She's turning into smuggette or something, I don't know. She's not had the chance to be who she wants to be - a sporty tomboy, not given to childrearing - but she seems completely devoid of any ambition to BE something.

• Love 3

I really wonder if Joy was being "encouraged" to court for the sake of keeping the show going? I wouldn't put it past Jim Bob, anything to keep the money train flowing.

Now I'm wondering if there would be the same level of interest in weddings if it were one of the boys getting married. I guess since Josh was the first, they probably had decent ratings for their wedding special. Though I don't remember if Josh and Anna had 1000 people at their wedding down in Florida. I guess it would depend on the bride, if she were willing to put herself on tv through all the wedding details the way Anna did.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Joy is courting, apparently. Much too young. It's strange, for years, I felt achingly sorry for her, first she's the youngest Josh victim, she always had bags under her eyes and red eyes at that. Now, suddenly, I'm going off her. She's turning into smuggette or something, I don't know. She's not had the chance to be who she wants to be - a sporty tomboy, not given to childrearing - but she seems completely devoid of any ambition to BE something.

But ambition is bad, you see.  It gives children ideas above their station.  Raising your children to do better than you or want more is raising children who think they are better than you.  Can't have that.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I really wonder if Joy was being "encouraged" to court for the sake of keeping the show going? I wouldn't put it past Jim Bob, anything to keep the money train flowing.

Now I'm wondering if there would be the same level of interest in weddings if it were one of the boys getting married. I guess since Josh was the first, they probably had decent ratings for their wedding special. Though I don't remember if Josh and Anna had 1000 people at their wedding down in Florida. I guess it would depend on the bride, if she were willing to put herself on tv through all the wedding details the way Anna did.

I would think that Josiah and Marjorie were very much encouraged to announce their courtship in the literal form of a next-season teaser -- just like something you'd hear as a teaser on a scripted show. It nauseated me. So I'd be very surprised if the kids are not being pushed toward courtships, toward specific dates for courting and marrying and so on. .... Why, for example, did Jinge and Jer set their wedding date just in time to sort of hide it from the public while allowing just enough editing time to air it (or, heaven forbid, as a teaser for next season -- although I guess heaven isn't forbidding this?) as a season finale? Every damn thing in their lives is engineered to be an episode in a damn TeeVee show. Or a teaser for one.

It's disgusting. But, worse, to me, is its inevitable effect on these kids and young people. First, their lives were completely warped out of their natural shape by fucking Gothardism coupled with the neuroticism and incompetence of their crap parents -- Lazy nutso mom turn your very young daughters into house slaves, anyone? .... Then, with TEEVEE, they're repeatedly, constantly coached to ensure that everything they do or say is TeeVee-ready and TeeVee acceptable and even TeeVee scheduled. The effect of that on a bunch of impressionable kids has got to be absolutely horrendous. And it's evilly irresponsible on the part of parents, supposed adults, to do this to their children. And these assholes had to have 19 children to do it to.

When these shows finally end -- and they will end -- the Duggs will be, one and all including the new generations, utterly warped into what dumb-ass Jessa swore they weren't: a TeeVee Family. The bottom will quickly drop out of the only structure they really know any more -- the TeeVee structure. Several years down the line, if you look at them, they're most likely to be like some of those lottery winners. Who win the big one, think it's the best thing ever, and then, a while later in life, find that their lives have been completely ripped apart by it.

That's the post-TeeVee Duggars. And the longer the damn show goes on, the worse it's going to be for them. What the hell is going to happen to the next uneducated generation? The longer their stupid young parents can imagine that they'll get along in the world on TLC checks without any real education or real contact with real people and the real world, the harder it's going to be for those helpless kids to ever catch up to where other kids are.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

the longer the damn show goes on, the worse it's going to be for them. What the hell is going to happen to the next uneducated generation?

Whatever it is, we won't see it on TV anyway. Thank goodness.

Edited to add: I'm sure that none of the Duggars will starve to death after their careers as TV reality stars end. Some may land on their feet and do better than just eking out a living. TBH, they can't be worse off than kids from heaven knows how many past and present "ordinary" ATI/Quiverfull families. Families who have never had, and will never have, anything like the perks and income and comforts that the Duggars have enjoyed thanks to TLC. If I have any sympathy to spare, it's for those people, not the Duggars. And anyway, TLC and the Duggars aren't just joined at the hip. I think they're welded. They'll probably be airing the VSE for Josie's wedding in 2027.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
On 9/30/2016 at 3:48 PM, Churchhoney said:

you

On 11/2/2016 at 9:43 AM, lulu69 said:

Yes, had a Jahn's in NY next to a roller skating rink. Apparently Jahn's was a chain. I believe the sundae was called the 'Kitchen Sink'. Good times.

I grew up close to that roller rink--Levittown  Roller Rink.  Back  in the days it was THE place to go in our neck of suburban Long Island.  Jahn's was right next door and was a favorite place for after skating and birthdays (free sundae on your bitthday).  The giant sundae was called the Kitchen Sink.  Never had it, but did see it carried out several times.

The roller rink and Jahn's are long since gone.  The building is now home to a Texas Roadhouse,  nail salon, a Moe's Southwest among others.

On 9/30/2016 at 3:48 PM, Churchhoney said:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like JD made the groomsman cut, but Joe was an usher. I had no idea that Jeremy had forged friendships with any of the kidults at the compound. 

They probably needed JD there to keep an eye on Jana and Joy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Whatever it is, we won't see it on TV anyway. Thank goodness.

Edited to add: I'm sure that none of the Duggars will starve to death after their careers as TV reality stars end. Some may land on their feet and do better than just eking out a living. TBH, they can't be worse off than kids from heaven knows how many past and present "ordinary" ATI/Quiverfull families. Families who have never had, and will never have, anything like the perks and income and comforts that the Duggars have enjoyed thanks to TLC. If I have any sympathy to spare, it's for those people, not the Duggars. And anyway, TLC and the Duggars aren't just joined at the hip. I think they're welded. They'll probably be airing the VSE for Josie's wedding in 2027.

Yeah, I agree. But they'll have very high expectations -- which their parents have set them up for! So, whatever the degree of falling is, I expect they'll feel it heavily!

It's not the change in standard of living that really annoys me, though, and I don't feel any sorrier for them there than I do for lots of other people. It's the completely disastrous set of values and habits they've been given by the combination of Gothardism and the reality-tv lifestyle. To combine those as the influences you put on a kid is just criminal, to me. And then to have this go on to the point that the Duggarlings are handing the same unrealities to their own kids. It's not fair to warp kids in those ways. (not that lots of kids don't get warped by their parents, of course. But I feel sorry for all kids to whom that happens extravagantly, Duggars included)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

They probably needed JD there to keep an eye on Jana and Joy.

Nah, Jana was a bridesmaid for Michael Bates, but no Duggar boys attended Brandon. Jana and Joy can act as each other's accountability buddies, besides, other than Valerie, the wedding party consisted of their sisters. I don't think Anna was an attendant; her dress, the little I can see of it, is too close in color to Valerie's. There can't be two reds when all the other colors were so different. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

How could Joe manage to find some dress shoes but his father and Smuggar could not? 

I really think Jim Bob is so impressed with himself that he believes he never has to try. .... Less sure about Josh, but I have often thought that, for his whole life, his primary characteristic has been smugness. So maybe he figures he doesn't have to try either. ..........I don't think that it's because either of them is uninterested in image. I fear they think their images can't be improved on. Seems crazy. But I don't know how else to account for it.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I really think Jim Bob is so impressed with himself that he believes he never has to try. .... Less sure about Josh, but I have often thought that, for his whole life, his primary characteristic has been smugness. So maybe he figures he doesn't have to try either. ..........I don't think that it's because either of them is uninterested in image. I fear they think their images can't be improved on. Seems crazy. But I don't know how else to account for it.

But as I noted yesterday when the Smuggar pics first surfaced, Smuggar has no excuses. He had a cushy job in DC where he had to be in a suit almost daily. I'm sure he owns dress shoes; he wouldn't have dared worn those velcro sneakers to a semi-formal dinner in the District. I guess Jinger doesn't rate, since he doesn't have to suck up to her like he had to suck up to incumbent politicians and those running for office for whom he went on the stump circuit. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But as I noted yesterday when the Smuggar pics first surfaced, Smuggar has no excuses. He had a cushy job in DC where he had to be in a suit almost daily. I'm sure he owns dress shoes; he wouldn't have dared worn those velcro sneakers to a semi-formal dinner in the District. I guess Jinger doesn't rate, since he doesn't have to suck up to her like he had to suck up to incumbent politicians and those running for office for whom he went on the stump circuit. 

Bingo. Smuts is perfectly capable of sucking up. But when it comes to respecting people. Naa.

Edited by Churchhoney
I meant "Smugs" but I think I like "Smuts" just as well
  • Love 3

I don't think Smugs was in sneakers. From a side shot of him walking, the shoes looked like black loafers with some kind of soft sole, and a decorative flap or something at the throat. They looked comfy and broken in and not particularly dressy, but not sneakers.

Joe's footwear (that is Joe above, right?) = brown loafers. Not exactly "dress shoes." I think that JB was shown also in loafers. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

I was wondering if the lack of nice shoes on Jim Bob, at least,  was a passive aggressive F*** you to Jeremy,  given the pretty obvious tension between them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Josh felt the same way about Jeremy. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I was wondering if the lack of nice shoes on Jim Bob, at least,  was a passive aggressive F*** you to Jeremy,  given the pretty obvious tension between them.

It's telling that Smugs and Jeremy are basically the same age, but Jeremy became friends with younger brother JD, close enough to make him one of his attendants. Granted, Smuggar was in Jesus Jail for a couple months after Jeremy was formally permitted to start talking to Jinger, but there was still plenty of time before and after for them to become friends. After all, Smuggar had been "forvigen" by both Jesus and his family for the molestation sins, and forgiven again when he returned from Jesus Jail, as evidenced by his acceptance back into the cult by Boob and Mechelle. 

One does have to wonder what JD really thinks of Smuggar. He certainly seemed at least disappointed with him in Counting On talking heads. But I wonder if it goes even deeper than that; do they even have a relationship anymore? I ask because it seems that Smuggar is "working" with younger brothers rather than JD and Joe. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Zella said:

Could be, but I've seen JB in all sorts of "event" photos, including black-tie dinners attended by high fundie and political mucky-mucks. And, as I recall it although I may be recalling it wrong, he pretty much always seems to be wearing some kind of broken-down, faded-black-verging-on-charcoal looking shoes -- often ones that look like very well broken in athletic shoes. So I think it's more likely that he just wears crummy-looking shoes to everybody's events, no matter what.

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wow. I forgot that Josh is still in his mid20s.

Wonder if he's forgotten too, by now. I would think his life may seem pretty long to him currently -- both the past he's been through and the future that stretches out ahead. I can't imagine he's anything close to happy. Or has anything close to a vision for how his life may go from here.

• Love 3

I kinda surprised Joe wasn't a groomsmen.  Both Jessa and Jinger used to gush over Joe in his graduation episode.  They never seemed that close to JD.

Edited by flyingdi
Cause her name isn't Jeddah.
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I kinda surprised Joe wasn't a groomsmen.  Both Jessa and Jinger used to gush over Joe in his graduation episode.  They never seemed that close to JD.

I think Jinger was "encouraged" to throw JD a bone. Being a groomsman is a more high profile gig than usher. I'm sure Boob wanted JD on full display for the single ladies in attendance. 

• Love 8

Jeremy could have gotten close to John David was if JD semi-regularly shuttled Jeremy and/or Jinger on the private plane.  

I was also surprised that JD was so central in the picture lineup.  He got to be next to Jeremy in the pictures and not BFF Ben or any of Jeremy's real friends.  Ridiculous if it really was Jim Bob putting JD on full fundie display.            

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How could Joe manage to find some dress shoes but his father and Smuggar could not? 

Joseph didn't try too hard though. Those aren't "dress shoes" IMO; they're just shoes that aren't sneakers. My dad used to wear shoes like that for everyday wear back in the 90's. Add their worn state and lack of polish, I'm amazed anyone would think shoes like that would in any way be appropriate for a wedding. And then there's the whole brown shoes with black trousers issue (and wtf, did he tuck the hems into his shoes?) but I guess that's a matter of preference. But it's like the Duggars have no concept of how to dress with any sense of class. They copy whatever they see on Pinterest (the bow ties, suspenders, polka dot shirts etc) but have no clue about basic things like polished shoes, properly hemmed trousers, not wearing white to weddings unless you're the bride (I'm looking at you Mullet), not matching brown and black, wearing darker suits during fall and winter and so on. I'm feeling a bit like a snob right now, but I'm from thorougly working class origins and yet there's not a single person in my family who would show up to a wedding in unpolished shoes.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Could be, but I've seen JB in all sorts of "event" photos, including black-tie dinners attended by high fundie and political mucky-mucks. And, as I recall it although I may be recalling it wrong, he pretty much always seems to be wearing some kind of broken-down, faded-black-verging-on-charcoal looking shoes -- often ones that look like very well broken in athletic shoes. So I think it's more likely that he just wears crummy-looking shoes to everybody's events, no matter what.

Ah so it might just be his inherent cheapness. That makes sense. I'd never noticed his shoes before. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ah so it might just be his inherent cheapness. That makes sense. I'd never noticed his shoes before. 

Most of the adult shoes I have seen in thrift shops don't look so great.  They probably buy any halfway decent pair they see, knowing they will fit somebody. But even halfway decent shoes look used.

• Love 5
On 11/6/2016 at 7:38 AM, MunichNark said:

Joy is courting, apparently. Much too young. It's strange, for years, I felt achingly sorry for her, she always had bags under her eyes and red eyes at that. Now, suddenly, I'm going off her. She's turning into smuggette or something, I don't know. She's not had the chance to be who she wants to be - a sporty tomboy, not given to childrearing - but she seems completely devoid of any ambition to BE something.

Any clue who she is being courted by?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Any clue who she is being courted by?

I'm not sure we actually know she's courting. It's a rumor -- which sounds plausible and gained currency recently. I guess it's based on several things, although at one point one of the supposed bases was that Texas heart necklace she was wearing -- but I think now that's supposed to be an attendant gift from Jinge?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Most of the adult shoes I have seen in thrift shops don't look so great.  They probably buy any halfway decent pair they see, knowing they will fit somebody. But even halfway decent shoes look used.

I don't know. Some stores around here wouldn't put out the shoes I see JB wear. He's wearing those cheap, wanna be ortho shoes. Comfy to wear at first, but falls apart later. I wouldn't be surprised if they were pleather rather than leather, which is why they are not polished.  

What is wrong with having a good pair of shoes to wear for special occasions, and then just tramp around in tennis shoes or whatever is comfortable? Yes, more money going out in the front, but they'll last longer and look good so if you have to, you can always hand me down. (I'm talking Duggars here, for those who are about to speak up regarding hand-me-down shoes.

• Love 4
On 11/7/2016 at 4:44 PM, BitterApple said:

I think Jinger was "encouraged" to throw JD a bone. Being a groomsman is a more high profile gig than usher. I'm sure Boob wanted JD on full display for the single ladies in attendance. 

I'll bet you're right. But I think he would have done better to post JD's curriculum vitae on some walls and maybe in little frames on the tables to showcase his earning abilities (if he were actually allowed to use them, of course). Because I don't think JD shows well. He's more useful (maybe a lot more) than others in this bunch. But he's not ornamental.

23 hours ago, Catlyn said:

I don't know. Some stores around here wouldn't put out the shoes I see JB wear. He's wearing those cheap, wanna be ortho shoes. Comfy to wear at first, but falls apart later. I wouldn't be surprised if they were pleather rather than leather, which is why they are not polished.  

What is wrong with having a good pair of shoes to wear for special occasions, and then just tramp around in tennis shoes or whatever is comfortable? Yes, more money going out in the front, but they'll last longer and look good so if you have to, you can always hand me down. (I'm talking Duggars here, for those who are about to speak up regarding hand-me-down shoes.

You're asking for the use of common sense. ;-)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
On 11/7/2016 at 4:44 PM, BitterApple said:

If he is courting, then it's been going on a while. They are going to more secretive in the early stages to avoid another Josiah/Marjorie. But I agree with you Bitterapple they want him to be high profile since his is the next courtship to lure in viewers. 

I wonder if he really wants to marry or if JB thinks it's time due to plotline purposes. (meaning they need a new courtship, the number of single dudes is increasing, and he is the best position and makes the most sense to get married next. ) 

• Love 3
On 11/7/2016 at 1:35 PM, Jeeves said:

I don't think Smugs was in sneakers. From a side shot of him walking, the shoes looked like black loafers with some kind of soft sole, and a decorative flap or something at the throat. They looked comfy and broken in and not particularly dressy, but not sneakers.

Thank you- i couldn't figure out why everyone was saying he was wearing sneakers.  They looked like black loafers to me.  And loafers count as dress shoes in the Midwest.  At least, where I live, they do.

On 11/7/2016 at 2:52 PM, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Could those hillbillies sound any more dumb when they speak? Nope. 

I honestly don't understand what anyone in that article is talking about.  

• Love 1
On 11/6/2016 at 8:38 AM, MunichNark said:

I think that, the more girls that marry out, the faster the younger ones will follow. Why would they want to stay? To be the next head housedaughter in charge? What a crappy job. I don't think the younger ones are as "Dutiful" as the older ones, probably as numbers grew, they were allowed to grow increasingly feral. Without their big sisters to care for them, they are going to want out. Also, they will want to be back "in" with the older girls, and to do that they will need to be married with babies. Back in the Duggar's Girls Club.

But Jana, sweet Jana.... I really think sometimes that she won't leave til the last kid is out. She's more devoted to them than their mother. She probably loves them, and doesn't want to leave them there with just Boob and Michelle. Perhaps JoshGate also made her reluctant to leave the kids on their own; she may fell the need to protect them. Poor Jana.

• Love 5

As the eldest girl in the family, Jana saw her mother being used like a human pez dispenser the longest. She's probably repulsed by the very idea of being joyfully available for any man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jana waited until her early to mid 30's to marry, knowing that at around 35yrs old a woman's fertility begins to plummet. This way she can have the more typical 2-3 kids and she would still be following 'god's plan' for her.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

As the eldest girl in the family, Jana saw her mother being used like a human pez dispenser the longest. She's probably repulsed by the very idea of being joyfully available for any man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jana waited until her early to mid 30's to marry, knowing that at around 35yrs old a woman's fertility begins to plummet. This way she can have the more typical 2-3 kids and she would still be following 'god's plan' for her.

I agree, and I hope that she really is waiting on purpose. But as dutiful daughter, I think the timeline suits her also because she wouldn't be ditching any of the kids too too young.

• Love 4