Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

CofCinci, I think that is the key.  They are dressed by their sisters, at least Trace Bates dresses himself a lot more, but we know that when the Duggars go places, their sisters pack for them and they have one giant cupboard to dress from.  So much for their own identity (like they ever have that in their ginormous family, I know) and learning a bit of self-dependence.... 

7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They're dressed by their older sisters.  These women-children's only exposure to the real world is Pinterest. 

Which is why they look like Williamsburg in Brooklyn five years ago. 

5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jana's Courting!

Honestly, he's a better catch than the other beta males.

And he's got the ironing board and laundry hamper all raring and ready to go!

• Love 1

I personally think Jana is being very selective when it comes to courting/marriage. She's not going to settle for a man that Jim Bob thinks she should marry, imo, she wants something more. I'm still holding out hope that she can meet Tim Tebow, seems like he'd be great for her. She could leave home and never look back again as he would not be dependent on Jim Bob Duggar to find him a job or home. I also don't think she's going to be like  her sisters who acted like they were 13 and having their first crush when they met their husbands. She's much more practical.

Seriously, if a celebrity showed an interest in one of his daughters, I'm sure Jim Bob would be jumping through hoops trying to make that relationship a reality.

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tim Tebow is taken. A former model or beauty queen type. A pity Flame is married. HE would make Boob's head assplode, despite the fact he's decidedly Christian.

Boob's LEGO head would explode at the very thought of an interracial courtship, no matter how Christian or decent he or she would be. I just don't ever expect Boob to be highly evolved enough to ever allow this.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tim Tebow is taken. A former model or beauty queen type.

I thought I noticed on the Google News page a while ago that Tim T. has split from his latest woman. And he's playing minor league baseball now, so he could hang out with Mr. JV Soccer. Maybe they could discuss something other than the sin of masturbation.

And who knows? At some point Tebow may get tired of breaking up with all these non-major-fundie women and start looking to the fundie world for a wife. I'd look to Jana for that. If she wasn't joined at the hip to Meeechelle and Jizm Bob, that is.

• Love 3

I think the "joined at the hip" thing with Jana and her parents is a deal breaker. 

I'd bet the rent that Tim Tebow wants nothing to do with herp-derp Jim Bob or crazy-eyes MEchelle. A couple of years ago, months before Joshgate broke, in response to Duggar-initiated rumors they were "dating," Tebow's "rep" denied that Tim and Jana had ever met.  The story indicates that the Duggar 'rents essentially media-stalked Tebow by posting on SM about attending an event where Tim's mother Pam spoke. And Famy fueled the "dating" rumor.

Tim himself didn't even touch the situation - he had his rep handle it. That speaks volumes to me about how far he wanted to stay from the JimBob and MEchelle Show. And that was before Joshgate. I'm sure there are plenty of pretty young fundie women who aren't loaded down with a stinkbus full of Duggar baggage, that Tim Tebow can find to court, or date, or whatever it is he does. 

• Love 16

Jana is not going to leave her children.  Last time children were left in the care of her biological parents, a brother molested them and the parents did nothing to stop the preventable subsequent molestations.  She'll court when they're safe. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Who is your favorite J?  Adults only.  I think I like Jana the most out of all of them, or maybe Josiah.  

Ditto.

They seem to still have a spark in them.

It's like they know there's more to the world than Duggardumb.

Or I just feel the most sorry for them.

• Love 1

No idea if Jason or Justin are adults. There really is a Justin?  I know Jana, Jessa, Jill, John David, Josiah, Jinger, Joy Anna are adults.  Joseph too right?  I don't know.  The unmentionable we don't even have to consider.  

• Love 1

There's a handy list on Wikipedia, with birthdates. It says that right now Jason is 13 and Justin is 16. EDITED later to note: @Sew Sumi correctly pointed out I got that backwards - see below, Jason is 16 and Justin is 13. My bad.

There are 9 kids aged 18 or older: Josh (28), Jana and JD (26), Jill (25), Jessa (23), Jinger (22), Joseph (21), Josiah (20), and Joy-Anna (18).

The twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah will turn 18 on December 30. At which time, more of the 19 Duggar "kids" will be legal adults, than will be minor children. 

Edited by Jeeves
Corrections.
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, larfs said:

Joy and the twins Jed and Jeremiah are having the graduation party. TV guide says Jana is planning the party...im just glad it's not Sierra for once.

Ohhh.

Is that the picture we saw of them holding the kind of homemade looking diplomas?

I couldn't read them. Wonder what they called the SOTDRT.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, larfs said:

Joy and the twins Jed and Jeremiah are having the graduation party. TV guide says Jana is planning the party...im just glad it's not Sierra for once.

I wonder if there is some Sierra drama?...

21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Boob's LEGO head would explode at the very thought of an interracial courtship, no matter how Christian or decent he or she would be. I just don't ever expect Boob to be highly evolved enough to ever allow this.

Agreed that a Duggar kid with  a black spouse seems highly unlikely. Interracial marriage is still extremely rare in small town Southern Christian circles, and a shocking number of folks still think it's unbiblical.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Jana is not going to leave her children.  Last time children were left in the care of her biological parents, a brother molested them and the parents did nothing to stop the preventable subsequent molestations.  She'll court when they're safe. 

Jason turns 18 in 2018, Jackson turns 18 in 2022, and Josie turns 18 in 2027. Jana turns 37 in 2027. 

• Love 1

I think Jana's quiet.   I've noticed all the Duggar girls get louder and more talkative when they're courting.  She seems nice, but I'm not sure she's any less a Duggar than the rest of them. 

I honestly don't why any Duggar wants to get married even to "escape" TTH especially after seeing the others do it. If you're a girl, there's about 20 years of pregnancy and babies to be had before hopefully it all stops and that's sort of if everything goes right.  If you're a boy you get to provide for lots of children, without making much money. And probably more reasons then that, including you still deal with the family on a regular basis. 

We assume Jana wants to court and her parents won't let her.  The courtship and weddings of the Duggar girls earn some of the best ratings of the show.  I would imagine that the parents are happy to have Jinger's courtship drawing in viewers.  After Jinger has been married a while and even if they marry Joy off, they will probably want  Jana to get married since so many would be excited to see her get married and watch the show. 

For a while they've been enjoying Jana's help with the younger kids and all the chores, but those younger kids keep getting older.  I think if Jana had someone fundie enough she wanted to court they would say yes. All the son-in-laws seem to come to them (the Duggars) and so it's not JB and Michelle for the most part actively seek out  son-in-laws. (Ben and his family met Jessa at church, Derrick contacted Boob as a prayer partner, and Jeremy was introduced to Jinger through Ben and Jessa). 

The only reason I can see them really wanting her to wait is for storyline purposes. It's Jinger's moment now.  Next year or two Jinger will be old news and someone else will need to be courting although it may be Josiah again. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

Not all homeschooling is the same, some forms are far superior than others, better also in some instances than traditional public school so you can't generalize there.  However it has occurred to me that the Gothard style ATI homeschooling program lacks many basics such as Shakespeare for instance and the classic story of Romeo and Juliette.  So you have adult Duggars, Jana, Jill, Jessa, John David, Josiah, Jinger, Joy Anna all of whom have never read the story and would have no idea what someone was talking about if they referenced Shakespeare.  JB and Michelle would know the story - but their kids would be like - what are they talking about?  Reading Romeo and Juliette - the girls may lose pieces of their hearts!  Especially in that story when the lovers go against their parents wishes instead of obeying the headship's approval for their chosen mate.  I guess the ATI homeschooling crowd has to put Shakespeare in the heap of books to burn and to keep your children away from.  Along with most science books and so many others.  It's just hard to imagine the adult Duggars having so little of what is considered common knowledge.  With their education limited to such a small sphere of what is acceptable to learn it would make traditional college seem like a foreign world where they would not understand many of the topics that would be covered.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I would think that "Romeo and Juliet" would be enthusiastically endorsed by controlling parents. The kids disobey mom and dad and (spoiler alert!) wind up dead. Cautionary tale to the max. 

Right out of Mama Kim's mouth...

• Love 5

Was it ever stated why Josiah and Marjorie ended their courtship? I think most of us are speculating that it happened because of Joshgate. I'm really wondering what would have happened with those two if that hadn't happened. I still can't imagine one of the Duggar boys married at 18 but Ben was only 19 when he married Jessa.

• Love 1
On 11.9.2016 at 3:06 PM, Jeeves said:

I'd bet the rent that Tim Tebow wants nothing to do with herp-derp Jim Bob or crazy-eyes MEchelle.

Whenever I see Tim Tebow, I think  he doesn't want to have anything to do with vagina .

On 12.9.2016 at 2:37 PM, Defrauder said:

Reading Romeo and Juliette - the girls may lose pieces of their hearts!  Especially in that story when the lovers go against their parents wishes instead of obeying the headship's approval for their chosen mate. 

But they're both dead in the end so that should make it ok

• Love 2

From Joy Anna's public birthday letter to Michelle:

I don't think I can express in words how thankful I am for you!!

First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!!

I know that a lot of women wouldn't go though the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life, but you see children from God's perspective, as a blessing! Even though you knew it wasn't going to be easy, you surrendered it to God & trusted that He would get you through! And for that, He has blessed you!

Thank you for being consistent over the years in reminding me to do what is right, to honor God, and to be respectful to others;

Look Joy-Anna - your mother loved every minute of being pregnant first of all and if she's telling you what a martyr she was don't believe it.  By the way your sentence about knowing that a lot of women wouldn't go through the 'pain of pregnancy just to have another burden to take care of' was a put down to women who plan their families in other ways than your mother does and is not being respectful to others.  And one more thing - you weren't a burden for her to take care of she passed you off to a buddy after you were weaned.  

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 23
39 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

From Joy Anna's public birthday letter to Michelle:

I don't think I can express in words how thankful I am for you!!

First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!!

I know that a lot of women wouldn't go though the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life, but you see children from God's perspective, as a blessing! Even though you knew it wasn't going to be easy, you surrendered it to God & trusted that He would get you through! And for that, He has blessed you!

Thank you for being consistent over the years in reminding me to do what is right, to honor God, and to be respectful to others;

Duggar-to-English translation: Fuck you, internet and haters. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. Also, IAmTheGenerationThatWillAbolishAbortion.com (tshirts on sale now). Jana didn't raise me. Fuck you. Put my parents on TV more. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Aja said:

Duggar-to-English translation: Fuck you, internet and haters. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. Also, IAmTheGenerationThatWillAbolishAbortion.com (tshirts on sale now). Jana didn't raise me. Fuck you. Put my parents on TV more. 

I like your version better. Think of the ratings if Nancy hired you to write the Counting On scripts.

• Love 5

Joy is going to help Jana raise the kids. That's her ambition. Those 'kids' are outnumbered by adults and most of them don't need their butts wiped anymore. They brought in a tutor (single female) under the pretense that she will teach them how to print their diploma. Are Joy and Jana planning on raising the marrieds children now? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Aja said:

Yeah Joy is apparently a real bitch.  Her whole tone is about how HER mother went through the 'pain of pregnancy' because she is SO wonderful and didn't think her children were burdens unlike OTHER women.   Oh please, women don't avoid pregnancy because it's 'painful' or view children as 'burdens'.   Many women have consciences and don't want to shove 14 kids in 2 bedrooms without enough beds or proper supervision while forcing their young children to raise their other children.  Joy doesn't realize her mother is no saint and that most OTHER women are much better women than she is.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Defrauder said:

Yeah Joy is apparently a real bitch.  Her whole tone is about how HER mother went through the 'pain of pregnancy' because she is SO wonderful and didn't think her children were burdens unlike OTHER women.   Oh please, women don't avoid pregnancy because it's 'painful' or view children as 'burdens'.   Many women have consciences and don't want to shove 14 kids in 2 bedrooms without enough beds or proper supervision while forcing their young children to raise their other children.  Joy doesn't realize her mother is no saint and that most OTHER women are much better women than she is.

I know a lot of heathen women and I can't remember a single time, in my entire forty-one years, that one of them has ever told me that their decision to not have another child is based on not wanting to go through pregnancy and end up with another one of those stupid burdens. Gee, it's almost as if Boob and Michelle have given their children a completely warped, sick, twisted view of everyone who isn't them.

How about women who CAN'T have any more children because of, let's say for example, preeclampsia (MICHELLE) and rather than put their lives at risk and potentially leave their existing children motherless (MICHELLE), they are grateful for what God gave them (MICHELLE.) Is that like with Cathy's cancer? God only listens to Baptists?

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Aja said:

I know a lot of heathen women and I can't remember a single time, in my entire forty-one years, that one of them has ever told me that their decision to not have another child is based on not wanting to go through pregnancy and end up with another one of those stupid burdens. Gee, it's almost as if Boob and Michelle have given their children a completely warped, sick, twisted view of everyone who isn't them.

How about women who CAN'T have any more children because of, let's say for example, preeclampsia (MICHELLE) and rather than put their lives at risk and potentially leave their existing children motherless (MICHELLE), they are grateful for what God gave them (MICHELLE.) Is that like with Cathy's cancer? God only listens to Baptists?

There are so many reasons women decide to have more children or decide not to have more children.  Sometimes women love the size of their family so much with one or two or three kids that they feel it's best for the entire family - they're all well cared for, happy, supervised, time for each of them, beds for all, quality parenting, financially responsible.  I also can't remember a time when any one of the mothers I've known in my life  avoided having more children because of 'the pain of pregnancy' or seeing their children 'as burdens'.  Obviously Michelle is the one who is putting out the myth that OTHER women  are avoiding children for these reasons.  Makes her look so saintly.  

• Love 4