Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, kokapetl said:

Jed!’s Internet presence is utterly pathetic, but that Penzo guy’s is worse. I think Jed! basically doesn’t know anyone. Like no actual friends, no real colleagues because he doesn’t have a real job. I think he’s a candidate because no one else thinks it’s worth contesting. 

Yeah I didn't actually look at Penzo's web presence beyond his charity page. 

And yes I suspect you're right about other candidates not thinking the race is worth contesting. I think if the Arkansas Republicans thought they had a good chance of winning back that seat, they would have fielded a more competitive candidate, especially with the buzz the Democratic incumbent has received as being an especially strong first-termer. I suspect their thinking is, "If he wins, good for us! If he doesn't, who gives a shit." LOL

• Love 12
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I wonder what the turnout for a fun run in the freezing cold was. 

i think they had a decent turnout for a local winter-ish run.

the real run was the 8k where you get points in the runBentonville series.

from the finish line pics there were lots of families and kids running the 4k.

I believe the Jed/Jeer age group in the 4k had 10 run/finish

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It looks like Tyler and her perpetually sad sister in the background.  

The two pictures are beyond depressing.  Where are the pitchers of sodas and beer, the pretzels, nachos and pizzas, which are always part of a church group bowling outing in my world?  Or even a family and friends outing?  Jeez, lighten up and live a little.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

The two pictures are beyond depressing.  Where are the pitchers of sodas and beer, the pretzels, nachos and pizzas, which are always part of a church group bowling outing in my world?  Or even a family and friends outing?  Jeez, lighten up and live a little.

Bowling IS lightening up a little for these folks. I mean you have to bend a bit to let go of the ball. BUTTS! NIKE!!!!! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bowling IS lightening up a little for these folks. I mean you have to bend a bit to let go of the ball. BUTTS! NIKE!!!!! 

I very badly want to trick them into watching The Big Lebowski now. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Right?! Even when the Duggars are doing something fun, they manage to make it look boring and miserable.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Right?! Even when the Duggars are doing something fun, they manage to make it look boring and miserable.

You bend all your efforts to squelching the individuality of 19 kids, and that mind prison's going to be evident wherever those kids go. JB and M have created their own personal little gulag. And they're so proud of themselves for it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When I saw this picture I wondered first of all who took it, and second - how far did the photographer have to crawl out onto the actual lanes, hindering other bowlers, to capture it?

Also, nice of the mustard cardigan to make a cameo.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When I saw this picture I wondered first of all who took it, and second - how far did the photographer have to crawl out onto the actual lanes, hindering other bowlers, to capture it?

I'm guessing that's why everyone on the right of Jana is looking bored/sullen (like the two boys leaning against the wall) because they're waiting for this little photoshoot to end, so they can enjoy their game. 

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'm guessing that's why everyone on the right of Jana is looking bored/sullen (like the two boys leaning against the wall) because they're waiting for this little photoshoot to end, so they can enjoy their game. 

Years ago when I went bowling, we never took any pictures. I guess it didn’t actually happen then? 🤣

I wonder if there are any immodest defrauding women there?

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

looks like Justin on the right leaning on the wall.

he must have been the designated chaperone/accountability partner for Jana going bowling.

Laura was again in Waco this past weekend from her instagram pics. so who took the bowling pic?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, trying to be relevant, is she?  Of course no one took pictures back then.  Why?  Nowhere to post them since inter webs not invented.  Well maybe some people took pictures, but, just had to get them  printed and carry around.

• Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Looks like candidate Jed raised a whopping $100 for special Olympics.  Way to go!

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jed-duggar/beaverlakepolarplunge2020

Which means $10 actually goes to Special Olympics.

22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

But Jana and her 13 year old friend are wearing security leggings.

21 hours ago, JoanArc said:

30 year old woman celebrates her 12th birthday at a bowling alley.

Too bad she wasn't born on leap year day.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Ugh, trying to be relevant, is she?  Of course no one took pictures back then.  Why?  Nowhere to post them since inter webs not invented.  Well maybe some people took pictures, but, just had to get them  printed and carry around.

I wouldn’t have shared any of my pictures with millions of strangers even if there had been a way back then.

• Love 6

Definitely the happiest I've ever seen Jana look when interacting with any of her siblings' offspring. It stands to reason that she would be closer to her twin's child though. Gracie is a cutie. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

Definitely the happiest I've ever seen Jana look when interacting with any of her siblings' offspring. It stands to reason that she would be closer to her twin's child though. Gracie is a cutie. 

Yes, that looks like a genuine, heartfelt smile. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Neither Jed nor his opponent had any opposition, so they weren't on the ballot.

I thought the incumbent was a woman and there was a man running for the same seat.  Jed! isn't in a primary?

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I thought the incumbent was a woman and there was a man running for the same seat.  Jed! isn't in a primary?

Neither Jed nor the incumbent had opposition, so neither appeared on the Springdale primary ballot. I saw proof of this yesterday, but wouldn't have a clue how to pull it up. Maybe @Zella can help?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Temperance said:

See also: Arkansas House of Representatives elections, 2020

General election

General election for Arkansas House of Representatives District 89

Incumbent Megan Godfrey and Jed Duggar are running in the general election for Arkansas House of Representatives District 89 on November 3, 2020.

Candidate

Megan Godfrey (D)

Jed Duggar (R)

Incumbents are bolded and underlined.

Democratic primary election

The Democratic primary was canceled.

Republican primary election

The Republican primary was canceled.

https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas_House_of_Representatives_District_89

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, beckie said:

No. I'm not teasing. I really didn't know that. Sorry for showing my stupidity.

You are not stupid! The process is complicated, and slightly different by State and party. My husband and I are trying to wrap our heads around Super Delegates right now. We are utterly confused about a brokered and contested convention. You’d think we’d be smarter than that. Be kind to yourself.  😎

• Love 20
(edited)

Yep, Jed! and Megan are not facing challenges from  within their own party, so neither would have appeared individually on the ballot. They'll face each other in november.

Hard to link on my phone, but voterview on arkansas secretary of state allows people to check their voter registration status. If you know someone's name and birthdate, you can plug in the information to see what comes up. Sample ballots tailored to that precinct are part of what comes up. Not sure if you can still see yesterday's primary ballots, but I'm sure megan and jed!, if included, were just lumped in with all the other unopposed candidates for their party for that area. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I honestly think it would be a lot more difficult to pull a Medic Corps stunt in the US.

Hopefully they just wanted to help.  Neighboring state and all...

It's not like they have real jobs or classes to attend after all.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably. Did either of those boys even attend ALERT?

I think both did at the same time, there was a picture of them possibly after “graduation.”

• Love 2