Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Portia said:

I think people are surprised/outraged that the police chose to enforce the law against an affluent white woman. 

I guess that's possible but until and unless more information comes out I think what's surprising many of us is that she was charged at all over what seems (at this point) to be something many parents/caregivers have had happen to them.  I think it's a "there but for the grace of god, go I" kind of thing.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Portia said:

I think people are surprised/outraged that the police chose to enforce the law against an affluent white woman. 

Perhaps for some. But in my case, I wouldn't be as surprised if the police nabbed Jessa or Michelle for the same crime, and they are also affluent white women. Sometimes other factors besides demographics come into play.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Or she is just fine and believe as her parents' do of her own free will.   She might be exactly as she says she is -- just fine staying with her parents and caring for the other kids.   

Sure we WANT someone to break away.   But they may not want to.   They may have genuine belief in this system and not want to change.    

She very well may be, we have no idea.   I didn't advocate for her to break away, I merely said she's a fool or brainwashed if she thinks she can't.   I think both of those ideas are highly unlikely.

• Love 1

but this seems it wasn't local law enforcement keeping an eye out. It sounds like random stranger driving down the road saw a child wandering alone and called local police. For the persecution theory to work here, it would mean random neighbors/town folks are driving around watching for things to happen so they can call authorities on the duggar clan.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

For the persecution theory to work here, it would mean random neighbors/town folks are driving around watching for things to happen so they can call authorities on the duggar clan.

Yeah I don't think the Duggars live rent-free in the locals' heads like this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

She can spare me the victim act.

You want a private life? Move out, get a private job, instead of living with your parents who never met a camera they didn't like. You didn't have a choice when you were a minor but you have had a choice now for THIRTEEN YEARS. 

6 minutes ago, deaja said:

You want a private life? Move out, get a private job, instead of living with your parents who never met a camera they didn't like. You didn't have a choice when you were a minor but you have had a choice now for THIRTEEN YEARS.

Tell her ! 

(And i don't mean that to be catty, ITA with your post)

Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Josiah and Lauren's decision to leave public social media is looking better and better these days.

I agree with this. They're clearly sincere.

• Love 21

But was it wise for her to say anything at all, like basically admitting guilt, if she has a court date in January?

And didn't she supposedly plead "not guilty?"

Edited by Westiepeach
Wanted to add another thought.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

"I know my last name means that everything we do is open to public criticism and interest." Bitch, please. The media wouldn't give two fucks about your last name if your parents hadn't muscled their way into a reality TV show despite having a whole skull orchard as skeletons in their closet. 

She seems pissed that people jumped to perfectly reasonable conclusions when they heard "child endangerment." Again, all speculation that could have been avoided if she had immediately said what happened when the news broke. Bitch, I know the "poor CinderJana" narrative has likely made you really comfortable in your place in the hierarchy among snarkers, but most of us are well aware that you're as shitty as the rest of that mess you call family. 

4 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

If what Jana says is what actually happened then what is all the stuff about her having to appear in court in January?  Was that faked by someone?

I don't know about this specific citation, but there are certain charges that require you to appear in court no matter how you plead and what the consequences are. This could be one of them. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Again, all speculation that could have been avoided if she had immediately said what happened when the news broke.

Not to defend her but this is hardly news and the only reason anyone is talking about it is because someone went digging for Duggar dirt.  Granted they were probably looking for stuff related to Josh but even so.  That said it's really not the news media she should have a beef with - it's social media.  Major news players don't give a rat's ass about this story, it's a line or two at best before they move on to Josh.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TrixieTrue said:

I was just on instagram and saw this in Jana's stories.  

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 5.56.51 PM.png

This comes off as a lie to me -- like a lie of omission where the facts have been cherry picked to present be best possible narrative.

It also comes off like Jessa's defense of diaper mountain and her housekeeping in general and Jill's defense of her early childcare practices. "It's no big deal. This happens to everyone." They literally do not know ANYONE outside the cult, so they have no way of knowing that no, this doesn't happen to everyone.

All of the neglect and filth of the TTH is normal to them, and people who call them on it are "haters" who are pouncing on them for not being "perfect."

IMO, there's a world of difference between losing sight of a child in a crowded store or zoo (and then frantically seeking help to locate the child), and having a child leave the house and wander 250+ feet to the road. If she was going to take a nap, why didn't she ask an older child to keep an eye on the younger ones? Why wasn't the door locked?

Edited by cmr2014
site and sight are different words.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
29 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

This comes off as a lie to me -- like a lie of omission where the facts have been cherry picked to present be best possible narrative.

It also comes off like Jessa's defense of diaper mountain and her housekeeping in general and Jill's defense of her early childcare practices. "It's no big deal. This happens to everyone." They literally do not know ANYONE outside the cult, so they have no way of knowing that no, this doesn't happen to everyone.

All of the neglect and filth of the TTH is normal to them, and people who call them on it are "haters" who are pouncing on them for not being "perfect."

IMO, there's a world of difference between losing sight of a child in a crowded store or zoo (and then frantically seeking help to locate the child), and having a child leave the house and wander 250+ feet to the road. If she was going to take a nap, why didn't she ask an older child to keep an eye on the younger ones? Why wasn't the door locked?

I'm hoping that with those who attended Josh's trial, they had exposure to non-cult members and could see how they would react to such situations. 

• Love 4

we have one grand who is a wandering child. At age 2 he was found wandering down the road by his home. street had only 3 houses close together, neighbor returned him. At 3 1/2 he walked across the street to the neighbors, entered their house and went to the basement to play with their kids' toys. Neighbor returned him. In either case a citation most likely would have been issued had a stranger found him first and alerted police.

i highly doubt there is any alert to the local police to be on the look out for duggar infractions so they can alert CPS. both entities are probably way too busy with other cases for that type of thing

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

It seems to me that these days a lot of people want to be influencers where they make money based on people following their lives but then when the attention is at all negative they complain about not wanting to be in the spotlight. Jana is far from unique in that regard. But I think it is something that comes with making it your money maker.

And also, tell your idiot brothers not to post things like "I support Jana Duggar" if you're trying to downplay the story.

1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

Not to defend her but this is hardly news and the only reason anyone is talking about it is because someone went digging for Duggar dirt.  Granted they were probably looking for stuff related to Josh but even so.  That said it's really not the news media she should have a beef with - it's social media.  Major news players don't give a rat's ass about this story, it's a line or two at best before they move on to Josh.  

She's on social media and uses her name for the followers. And anyone who's the slightest bit famous is going to ping the media's radar when that name shows up in reference to anything even slightly illegal. There is not a single person on earth that, if news about a child endangerment citation came out wouldn't start wondering what was up. And the vast majority of the speculation about Jana has been very kind. Feeling annoyed by it all is perfectly valid, acting like a victim of social media is bullshit.

• Love 17

A Children's Protective Services case and investigation and a law enforcement investigation are two different matters -- even though they may arise out of the same set of circumstances and the evidence and conclusions of each may be referenced in the other.  Even when PS substantiates a case and files a petition before family court for removal of children from a home most of the time there is no corresponding criminal proceeding against the parents related to abuse or neglect allegations.      

Given the insular nature and history the family has with privately and inadequately addressing matters pertaining to the wellbeing of minors it's likely CPS will be watching like a hawk and not hesitate to come in and assess the environment regarding the children whenever they have an opportunity.  It appears they found nothing to substantiate in regards to this incident and closed their investigation.   Evidently the district attorney or prosecutor in the area felt there was reason to file charges and that is what Jana is likely going to address in court next month.      

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

There's no question that major news sources only published this story because of Josh and his trial. There has been, however, no "criticism" from major news sources. This is a story worth discussing only on this board -- and perhaps a tabloid or Reddit blog.

Conflating the "media" with a snark board is a problem of Jana's limited education and exposure to the world. The New York Times isn't interested in this story, The Sun is. These are not equivalent news outlets.

This isn't a news story because of her "last name." It's a news story because of her brother. We'd be discussing it on this forum even if Josh had never been arrested, but major news outlets wouldn't have published if not for her brother.

I think all of these equivocations and misapprehensions by the Duggarlings are just part of the dense fog of denial and delusion they all walk around in. And have been walking around in their whole lives. 

As @Tuxcat mentioned, they desperately need to pivot out of that fog. But right now they may have a world record for size of denial fog, length of fog's persistence and number of people who seem to have no motivation to see an inch beyond it.

I'd think that this Josh situation (again) was the time when multiple people might start looking for the light. But watching Jim Bob appear to double down lately makes me wonder whether anybody actually will, as the trial fades into the past.

For one thing, despite what some have said about Josh, I don't see any sign that any of them has actually moved off the slightest bit from their vast collection of hideous beliefs. And those beliefs are a huge factor driving their isolation, deliberate ignorance, and many delusions, it seems to me. Even now, I wonder if any of them has any real motivation to try the no-doubt terrifying-to-them prospect of really questioning their indoctrination, their "faith" the cult, the family cult and the apparent groupthink inside those. Their bubble is pretty big, as bubbles go, and obviously strong. So their delusions get plenty of reinforcement, and it's still true that all they "know" about what's outside the bubble is that it's all satanic and deadly dangerous and your highway straight to hell.   

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Conflating the "media" with a snark board is a problem of Jana's limited education and exposure to the world. The New York Times isn't interested in this story, The Sun is. These are not equivalent news outlets.

This is it exactly!  The Sun is a very tiny cut above the National Enquirer.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Evidently the district attorney or prosecutor in the area felt there was reason to file charges and that is what Jana is likely going to address in court next month.   

Correct me as I don't know. The officer charged Jana. As with a speeding ticket if you want the charge dropped or reduced, you plead not guilty and go to court. At court, the prosecutor/DA can actually meet with the defendants lawyers and dismiss or file for deferral before it even gets to a judge. My case was like that. I went to court but my lawyer did a little whispering to the DA who did a little whispering back and my case was dismissed. The judge never even heard the case - but I was in court that day. Or of course the judge could dismiss, defer or affirm the charge if it gets that far.

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Google Jana Duggar. Her headline has been on US Weekly, People but also Fox, NBC and many affiliates. 

How far is this "parallel road" from the Duggar house and/or the warehouse? How close is the warehouse from the main house? We don't know the age of the child but I do still wonder if Anna is involved somehow. Perhaps she told Jana "hey M down for her nap"  - go check in an hour? Which would be irresponsible of course but a plausible theory. Maybe the child ran down the road looking for mama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Let me break down the legal process as I think it relates to Jana:

1.  Kid slips out (cops are told if you HEAR of anything about this family and kids, let us know ASAP by CPS).  

2.   Jana is cited.   It's like a traffic ticket (and yes some speeding tickets you still have to go to court).   She has X number of days to either plead guilty or request a trial date.

3.  She enters a not guilty plea and gets a trial date.   AS SHE SHOULD.   You never plead guilty without 1) a lawyer standing RIGHT THERE WITH YOU and a SIGNED plea deal.   Which doesn't usually happen by the first date.

4.   Court sets a trial date on the initial plea.

5.   IN THE MEANTIME, Jana gets with her lawyer.   Lawyer then gets with the DA who discuss a plea agreement.   I'm thinking probation, some classes and then after a time of no more trouble the slate is wiped clean.   

6.   Plea agreement signed.   

7.   trial date in January remains because you still have to have a hearing on the plea.   it has to be on the record that the defendant understands the terms of the agreement and what can happen if they do not follow the terms.

So there is still a trial date, even though it looks like she took a plea.  

Thanks so much for this. I believe this is a good description of how the case started and how it will proceed.  She wasn't arrested; she was given a citation (ticket) by a cop. No prosecutor decided if the ticket should be issued; an officer did it. Now the case is making its way through the court. I saw documents online that indicate that Travis Story or one of his associates has entered an appearance as Jana's lawyer, and there's a court date (trial) set for I think next month.

It's quite likely that a plea deal will be, or has been, worked out that will be put on the record in court on the date now set for trial. Given her clean record she'll probably be given some deal that will, if she complies with the conditions and stays out of legal trouble, result in the case being dismissed with no conviction on her record at all after X months. The local DA's office may require some special sorts of conditions when it's a child endangerment case but still I don't think she'll come out of this with a conviction when it's all said and done.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Perhaps for some. But in my case, I wouldn't be as surprised if the police nabbed Jessa or Michelle for the same crime, and they are also affluent white women. Sometimes other factors besides demographics come into play.

America looks no longer what it did; however, i'm gonna say demograpichs  may be in play OR NOT.  jmo

When I was 31 I certainly wasn't BABYSITTING.. Even my nieces and nephews.  OK maybe for a few hours, but HUNNY GET A LIFE.  and as I have recently found out .. LIFE IS SHORT.  

Edited by Boston
wrong word
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I guess I don’t understand what you don’t get? A police officer felt like Jana’s conduct fell within the conduct prohibited by a criminal statute so she was charged with violating that statute. The fact that someone from Teen Mom might not have been charged for similar conduct is irrelevant. A lot of people who break the law never get charged, but that doesn’t mean we can’t charge anyone.

I was pulled over on my way to work one very early morning when it was still dark. The cop said he thought I was driving a bit erratically (it was dark and rainy) and spoke to me through my window. I gave him my drivers license and registration, and he asked what was in the driver door pocket. I said I didn’t know, as it was my dad’s car (true). I think it was candy, lol. Anyway, the cop was very sweet to me and let me go with no warning, no ticket, no consequences whatsoever.  When I got to work, a couple guys said they saw me pulled over and wondered what had happened. When I told them, they were pissed because they had also been pulled over in the area , but treated quite differently, spoken to with hostility, and ticketed. I am a middle aged white woman, so I have a feeling that explains the difference . Anyway, just because one person gets away with something doesn’t mean another will. Unfair? Yes, but this is the world we live in. It all depends on the cop - they all make their own judgments about situations they encounter. Another cop may have let Jana go with only a warning. This one didn’t.

6 hours ago, Portia said:

For sure! Imagine if the cop had brought the child home, and he found a poor, somewhat grungy young man in charge who said he had fallen asleep. Odds are that he would be charged for putting that child at risk. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Zella said:

"I know my last name means that everything we do is open to public criticism and interest." Bitch, please. The media wouldn't give two fucks about your last name if your parents hadn't muscled their way into a reality TV show despite having a whole skull orchard as skeletons in their closet. 

Exactly! And there is no way Jana actually wrote this. And Jana, if you truly preferred a private life, you wouldn’t be hawking random products on SM, nor would you have public SM accounts sharing details of your life with millions of strangers. Private people share with family and friends only. Just like Jinger claiming she prefers a “private life” are complete BS, so are Jana’s claims. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, deaja said:

I don’t know if anyone else remembers the reality show about the Osbourne family (Ozzy!), but their oldest daughter completely noped out of it, so the show featured the 2 younger kids only. Jana could have done the same after she hit adulthood, but as you said, she hasn’t done so in 13 years, and has in fact become MORE public in recent years than she was as a minor.

• Love 19