Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I think that's an old picture. They're definitely not flying anywhere, plus they have a private airline. I still think they're locked to the compound. They're doing a church talk next week, I think. That'll be the first time they're out.

• Love 1

I think that's an old picture. They're definitely not flying anywhere, plus they have a private airline. I still think they're locked to the compound. They're doing a church talk next week, I think. That'll be the first time they're out.

what kind of church talk? And which of them is on the bill, do you know? I have easy money on them NOT doing a Q&A session at the end...

It looks like the Duggs are no longer appearing at the conference in Denver next weekend: statement here.

"This latest change comes in light of recent and increased attacks and pressure on the family."

Milking the persecution card to its very last drop I see. Duggars, you are not being attacked, you are being caught out.

• Love 7

They are too obvious. They need  youtube of Jana alone, or with JInger and/or Joy without ma and pa, doing something non religious. Just a vacation together somewhere. Surely it's ok if the three of them are out and about alone having regular fun.

Wonder if they read this.

• Love 1

It looks like the Duggs are no longer appearing at the conference in Denver next weekend: statement here.

Right. Originally, they had just pulled the kids from the "musical enteritainment," but Mere and Pere canceled the day the 911 call hit the news cycle. 

• Love 1

Right. Originally, they had just pulled the kids from the "musical enteritainment," but Mere and Pere canceled the day the 911 call hit the news cycle. 

If this was cancelled, why are Michelle and Jana in an airplane?

Just came from "pickles and hairspray" facebook page. 

There is a pic of Jana and Michelle with Jana posting how much she loves spending time w/her mom, and what a great role model she is.

What a crock.  Let's all say it together, "Damage Control".

Too much, too little, too late.

I saw that. Positively nausea-inducing, isn't it?

"By God's Providence...". WTH does that mean?

Because it's an old picture?

Another reason it's likely old: don't forget that they have their own plane now; they've had it for the past year or thereabouts. Those little planes don have plush leather seats. Jana is the one who stays home with the kids when the parents travel, so this was a larger trip, maybe taking a few kids to the Sacramento ATI conference last year. They could have left Jinger and Jessa home with kids. Or, God forbid, did Jessa need a buddy when she used to fly to DC to take care of her brother's kids? But then, who would fly back with her? Did they really let Jana travel alone to DC? 

(edited)

I saw that. Positively nausea-inducing, isn't it?

"By God's Providence...". WTH does that mean?

Well, I'm sure they don't mean this, but it sounds like, "Whew, we really dodged a bullet on this one, folks. They canceled on their own," doesn't it?

Not the best phrasing, I'm thinking.

Edited because I use "sure" as much as Jill and Jessa use "like."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

You know Michelle wrote that.

Directly from the crazy woman's mouth.  She definitely wrote that.

So glad they've been pulled. Jill&Jessa are still doing talks for Alive.org, though.

Wait just a minute now! In the video, I see girls in swimsuits and the guys in trunks (no shirt).  I didn't see a single modesty swimsuit in the video.  I'm very defrauded right now.  

Seems that there are contemporary Christian groups playing.  They might even dance~~!  Oh boy!  Sinners!

Page that I found interesting.

http://standupforthetruth.com/2015/01/co-founder-newsboys-now-im-atheist/

• Love 1

In that picture of Jana and Michelle, it looks like they're in commercial airline seats - business or first class.

I wonder where they're going? Could Jana be courting and they're off to meet him?

Off to Gothard's headquarters? It is in Oak Brook, IL.

• Love 2
(edited)

Off to Gothard's headquarters? It is in Oak Brook, IL.

I'd say that Mechelle picked up from a stint at JTTH (max age is 30, if you're unmarried), but like I said before, they have their own plane! Flying commercial makes no sense for just two people that JD could fly around. 

eta: I was curious, so I checked the IBLP site for Journey dates. Someone actually keeps the website up to date these days (I think it's Robert Staddon), so the older dates are no longer on the site like they used to be, even at the end of a calendar year. So no positive verification as to whether Jana went to JTTH, but given that the next one is in July, I'd guess that they've already held one. Hmmm.....

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Wow.  The picture posting was really not a good idea.  At first I thought it could be a different outfit- although similar. 

Took it into photoshop and it is obvious. 

It's one PR misstep after another. The had a 10 year cakewalk, and were never forced to learn how to deal with these things properly. I'm sure the tabloids will have fun catching another obvious lie.

• Love 1

It's one PR misstep after another. The had a 10 year cakewalk, and were never forced to learn how to deal with these things properly. I'm sure the tabloids will have fun catching another obvious lie.

Especially if they were traveling to a Gothard event.  YUCK.  

I realize this family is not so smart - but still.  Didn't they finally get someone to come on board the PR department? (sucker)

I keep wondering if TLC will announce their cancellation today. If they don't, it probably won't happen.  They have done their interviews and such.  

Maybe, TLC is unwilling to give up the cash cow  - no matter how bad they look.  

I know right?? Somebody needs to compile a damn Duggar to English dictionary. 

It means Purposed By God's Providence.  

Don't ever try to figure these people out.  You will end up the crazy one.

• Love 3

Directly from the crazy woman's mouth. She definitely wrote that.

Wait just a minute now! In the video, I see girls in swimsuits and the guys in trunks (no shirt). I didn't see a single modesty swimsuit in the video. I'm very defrauded right now.

Seems that there are contemporary Christian groups playing. They might even dance~~! Oh boy! Sinners!

Page that I found interesting.

http://standupforthetruth.com/2015/01/co-founder-newsboys-now-im-atheist/

Well, Ben and Derrick are a slightly different flavor of Christian from the Duggars. It's possible this is a sign that Jill and Jessa may be pushing the boundaries, just like how we saw their clothing change. Baby steps, but steps all the same.

• Love 1

Jana's comment about Michelle (“Always love my time with her”) sounds so strange!  That's the sort of thing that is more often heard about someone who lives far away.  They're both home all day, so wouldn't Jana's time with Michelle be about eight hours a day?

• Love 10

I know right?? Somebody needs to compile a damn Duggar to English dictionary. 

"By God's providence" is one of those fundy phrases you just take for granted if you grew up in that world like I did. In my circles, it was considered unChristian to say "luckily" or reference luck in any way, and "providentially" or "by God's providence" were used instead. Ugh.

• Love 4

Jana's comment about Michelle (“Always love my time with her”) sounds so strange! That's the sort of thing that is more often heard about someone who lives far away. They're both home all day, so wouldn't Jana's time with Michelle be about eight hours a day?

Michelle has a very strenuous schedule with tanning, gym, concubine duties and corresponding to her 15 prayer partners via email. She doesn't have much interaction with her servant daughter.

Jana's post reminds me of people who post on social media "oh, I love spending time with my (partner)! He/she/ze is the best! Xoxoxo" and you know for a fact that they fight all the time and can't stand each other.

• Love 12

I think the only change Jana might secretly long for would be living on her own, or with a roommate, possibly one of the Bates girls. She has many perks the average 20 something doesn't have. Many mainstream kids are not college or marriage bound at her age. Jana most likely doesn't realize how repressed she is, so her life might feel pretty good.

Jana's comment about Michelle (“Always love my time with her”) sounds so strange!  That's the sort of thing that is more often heard about someone who lives far away.  They're both home all day, so wouldn't Jana's time with Michelle be about eight hours a day?

Except that Michelle isn't really "there" when she's at home. As CofCinci put it, Michelle is busy doing things on her own that don't require her to interact much with her kids. I bet her conversations go like this:

"Jana, you'll be looking after Justin and the kids on down alone today because Jinger and Joy have plans with Jessa and Jill. And Grandma Dugger is taking a day off from laundry jurisdiction to run into town with Amy to get her roots done at the beauty salon. You'll need to delegate and make sure y'all work together so Grandma doesn't get stuck trying to catch up tomorrow. And keep a good eye on Josie's temperature this time and try taking deeeep breaths and count to 19 when you start to panic..."

"Josie, you're in charge of picking up aaall the dirty clothes in mama and daddy's room, and don't forget to pull off all the sheets off our big bed this time. That includes the bottom sheet that tucks under the mattress because that one is really dirty!"

"Okaaay, daddy and I are off to spend some precious time together at our favorite yogurt shop and miniature golf course and then some special one on one "ministry" at the Double Tree Inn. Be good for Jana and we'll see you tomorrow at lunch!" *wink*

• Love 7

Wouldn't this be more "unfortunately" than "luckily?"

Seems that way to me. It sounds as if they included the phrase meaning to say something about how God is always providentially leading those wonderful Duggars, but they accidentally wrote what they were really thinking but would never admit -- "Wow, thank goodness those Duggars volunteered to withdraw. We don't need to make their problems our problems!"        

Kind of a fundie Freudian slip.

• Love 8

Except that Michelle isn't really "there" when she's at home. As CofCinci put it, Michelle is busy doing things on her own that don't require her to interact much with her kids. I bet her conversations go like this:

"Jana, you'll be looking after Justin and the kids on down alone today because Jinger and Joy have plans with Jessa and Jill. And Grandma Dugger is taking a day off from laundry jurisdiction to run into town with Amy to get her roots done at the beauty salon. You'll need to delegate and make sure y'all work together so Grandma doesn't get stuck trying to catch up tomorrow. And keep a good eye on Josie's temperature this time and try taking deeeep breaths and count to 19 when you start to panic..."

"Josie, you're in charge of picking up aaall the dirty clothes in mama and daddy's room, and don't forget to pull off all the sheets off our big bed this time. That includes the bottom sheet that tucks under the mattress because that one is really dirty!"

"Okaaay, daddy and I are off to spend some precious time together at our favorite yogurt shop and miniature golf course and then some special one on one "ministry" at the Double Tree Inn. Be good for Jana and we'll see you tomorrow at lunch!" *wink*

I doubt she says any of that -- just wafts out the door and expects it to happen. Now if it doesn't happen, then she'd have something to say.

• Love 2

It's funny because the expression "It's providential" has always suggested God has intervened to give a blessing. Is it simply not used that way with fundies or do they use it both ways. I understand it can mean either except when one thinks God is good all the time, then one ordinarily looks for providence to intervene for the good. 

• Love 1

I doubt she says any of that -- just wafts out the door and expects it to happen. Now if it doesn't happen, then she'd have something to say.

Yeah, I get that. I just meant that the kind of time spent around the kids or conversations she has with them are of the logistical variety, not meaningful whatsoever.

• Love 5

The Fundies I grew up with didn't use "providential" much - that was a little Calvinistic for their tastes. It was "Praise the Lord" every third sentence though.

• Love 2

The Fundies I grew up with didn't use "providential" much - that was a little Calvinistic for their tastes. It was "Praise the Lord" every third sentence though.

I guess that was what I was thinking -- Wesleyan rather than Calvinist here so language has its differences. But I thought of providential as relating to God's intervention for the good just as Praise the Lord suggests. But the references above seemed to suggest providential as particularly related to God's intervening to punish. 

Jana's comment about Michelle (“Always love my time with her”) sounds so strange! That's the sort of thing that is more often heard about someone who lives far away. They're both home all day, so wouldn't Jana's time with Michelle be about eight hours a day?

From what I've seen of Michelle in the show, it would seem that even when she's physically present and talking to someone, mentally she's almost a third party to what's coming out of her own mouth. I seriously think she's emotionally detached most of the time as a coping mechanism, her incredibly poor memory/recall could be due to this too.

I guess the Duggars are back on social media. This was linked in an article I was reading. Jana threw a tea party, it is said to be recent. There's  couple of pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/posts/669035256563460

Jana and Michelle (I think Michelle could have written the caption, but I'm mean like that)

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/667775153356137/?type=1&theater

• Love 2

Oh that's nice, they're letting Jana use social media now -- but only on the family account. Cute how all (ok, both) of "her" posts have been about how happy and carefree and untroubled the family is, and how much they're enjoying their time together without the cameras around. Sorry, not buying it. But I hope the littles got to have fun creating this photo opportunity.

But I hope the littles got to have fun creating this photo opportunity.

You're right, of course. For some reason I was naive enough to think "oh, how nice. Maybe J'chelle will actually pay some attention to her children now."

• Love 1
(edited)

I of course have to wonder when the photos of the tea party with Jana were taken.  Just because they posted them recently, does not mean they were taken in the same time period - as we know from the plane photo. 

Jana is definitely the new 'sweet' voice of the Duggars. In their minds, she is the only one that can save them.  Everyone loves Jana.

When I think of what most people her age are doing or have done, it makes me even more sad for her. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

XXXXXX XXXXXX. [copied from FB but removed the name... Because I want to protect the innocent...] "Beautiful women in that picture! I love scrolling through the comments and not finding one single negative comment. "

Like · Reply · 226 · June 11 at 10:17pm

I noticed that as well. Well, that IS amazing. Our mods must be watching out for the Duggars too!!!

Bless her heart.

Jana is so teeny tiny in that one pic, I had to "look" at it for a minute to see her. She is so so pretty to me. (Not snark).

But since I started with snark, I may as well end that way... Jackson must still be waiting for his turn with the toothbrush. And Josie has just not turned the corner to cuteness yet.

I looked at the picture and it must have been the wrong one, because all I saw was a slew of little kids.  I thought high tea would be someplace special for Jana, not some nonsense for the kiddies.  I'm not going to take Jana with me the next time I go for tea with the Queen if she doesn't straighten up.

• Love 1
(edited)

The FB pics looked to me like Jana was trying to have some sort of "teachable moment": it looks like they're eating actual food from actual plates using actual utensils. Except the kid next to Jana, who's preparing to tackle her salad with her hands.

And honestly, I wish they'd quit asking Michelle what to say when they post something. "Oh, what fun times we have!" Really, are you serious? They DID look cute, and Josie wasn't apparently running the length of the table in bare feet. These are good things - but it was DINNER. Let's not stretch it, ok? Fun, to those kids, would be a food fight. Using a fork at dinner probably doesn't qualify as "FUN!" They either need to STOP letting Michelle write the published verbiage, or fire the person who is trying to SOUND just like Michelle when they post.

You know those infomercials where the old ladies look at their wonderhose (YOU KNOW, that are going to cure vericose veins, achy legs, sore muscles, bone spurs, arthritis, bursitis, conjunctivitis, athletes foot, corns, bunions, planters warts, ingrown toenails, nail fungus, crows feet and indigestion) and have that look of wonder and happiness on their faces? Or the people getting in their tub-with-a-door, how they look SO HAPPY to be taking a bath...

Maybe the Duggars need an infomercial.

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 2

This now qualifies as exciting?  Sitting down and having a meal but with super-neat-special hats and real cutlery?  This is what happens when they can't post anything religious!  I foresee lots of "fun" activities starring Jana and the kids that are still cute.  No one wants to see the teen Duggar boys or JD so it is going to be heaps of wholesome, family-oriented, see-we-aren't-hypocrites posts with lots of leg humpers drooling over them.  

One comment was a lady who really wanted to have "just one conversation" with Michelle about her "godly mom wisdom".  How can people look at J'Chelle and Boob and thinks "they might have covered up their sons crimes to prevent him from facing legal consequences for molesting his sisters before going on reality TV but I can't think of better role models for Christian parenting".  WTF? 

• Love 8