Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

(edited)
57 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Sorry, it isn't like saying the bitch probably deserved it....after a beating.  Being arrested and charged doesn't mean you're guilty.  In Bethenny's case, we don't know the whole story and Jason has a right to defend himself.  Beth has always been the great exaggerator. 

Just an aside.  I've defended Tinsley's claims of abuse and the violence she suffered numerous times when others have questioned it.

50 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The other thing that was so, I don't know.  Beth is all upset about Jason's arrest, being on Page 6, etc. and she's making all these faces.  Sorry girl, you knew this was going to happen.  It wasn't like it was some kind of shock.  You initiated this. 

Bethenny might be an exaggerator, but the police with some amount of inquiry and investigation felt that there was enough evidence to sustain an arrest. The district attorney felt that there was sufficient evidence to pursue a criminal prosecution. I know people don't like her, but after she made her statement to the police and handed over her copies of the emails and texts, everything that happened to Jason is completely up to the police and the district attorney. They didn't have file charges. They chose to based on evidence they have seen and we have not. I'm not saying that it's the greatest case against him, but they have some credible evidence.

Bethenny can't stand Jason, but I don't think she wanted Jason to be arrested. The cease and desist didn't work. I think she went to the police in hopes that they'd question him and let him know to cut it out. Jules and Michael were constantly calling the police on each other. The police sat them both down separately, told them to cut it out, and to get restraining orders against each other.

Even if she did want him to be arrested, it's possible she was reflecting for a moment about how chaotic Bryn's life had just become. I do think she is sincerely concerned that she might be turning into Bernadette. Finally, if she was being really manipulative, she would have let the family court know as soon as he threatened her in front of witnesses. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Because no one is longing to be a widow for starters? I think there is a pretty big difference between the situations. 

I don't think they are necessarily "offended". I think she can make them feel bad if she is in a better place than they are and they feel like she is pointing it out. It's more about being sympathetic to the plight of others.

They are discussing their status in life.  Excuse me-these are women that sit around all the time and talk about how they don't need men and berate Luann for settling and marrying Tom and profess to worry about her happiness. Bethenny even went so far as to tell Luann her husband is not a good guy.  I think Luann has every right to tell those who wallow in misery she is happy in spite of their wishes to her for the contrary.

Luann gets shit tossed at her and her go to defense is-I am happy.  She is not going after the other women, she is asking for apologies when she gets offended.  She is bargaining for a good room.  Granted just getting married isn't a reason for a good room.  It also isn't a reason for a lengthy continued conversation.

They resent Luann being happy and have this cockamamie notion that Luann is happy because she is married and they are not.  It just isn't the case.  And it is annoying.  Luann is happy because she is happy.  One of the dumber comments last night honeymoon phase okay, Hamptons and Palm Beach are not acceptable conversation.  Half these women own homes in The Hamptons and have been going since the show commenced.  Now it is off limits?  Okay.

I know they want to talk about penises, anal sex, oral sex and assault the hired help and the like but that is pretty limited.  When Luann didn't want to reveal Dorinda got mad at her and insulted her.  Dumb drunk.   

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny might be an exaggerator, but the police with some amount of inquiry and investigation felt that there was enough evidence to sustain an arrest. The district attorney felt that there was sufficient evidence to pursue a criminal prosecution. I know people don't like her, but after she made her statement to the police and handed over her copies of the emails and texts, everything that happened to Jason is completely up to the police and the district attorney. They didn't have file charges. They chose to based on evidence they have seen and we have not. I'm not saying that it's the greatest case against him, but they have some credible evidence.

Bethenny can't stand Jason, but I don't think she wanted Jason to be arrested. The cease and desist didn't work. I think she went to the police in hopes that they'd question him and let him know to cut it out. Jules and Michael were constantly calling the police on each other. The police sat them both down separately, told them to cut it out, and to get restraining orders against each other.

Even if she did want him to be arrested, it's possible she was reflecting for a moment about chaotic Bryn's life had just become. I do think she is sincerely concerned that she might be turning into Bernadette. Finally, if she was being really manipulative, she would have let the family court know as soon as he threatened her in front of witnesses. 

Again, that doesn't make Jason guilty.  And thank goodness that this is how our legal process works.  Hopefully but not always.  According to reports, she went into that police station with her lawyer and some friends.  I don't know about the friends but I have no doubt she was there with her lawyer.  If she wasn't a C list celebrity with a lawyer, I really don't think she would have been given the time of day.  The same goes for the prosecutors. 

I don't think there's any evidence that Bryn's life had become chaotic.  I do think her pursuing this may cause more harm to her daughter and she should have handled it differently for the sake of her daughter.  She should keep her mouth shut about Bryn's father.  She shouldn't be bringing her now ex boyfriend around at her child's school.  Both of them should be putting their child first.

The only witness that she had was Dennis Shields to my knowledge. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Even if she did want him to be arrested, it's possible she was reflecting for a moment about chaotic Bryn's life had just become. I do think she is sincerely concerned that she might be turning into Bernadette. Finally, if she was being really manipulative, she would have let the family court know as soon as he threatened her in front of witnesses. 

Bethenny went to the police station instead availing herself to family court process. The cops would have told her if she filed a complaint they would be arresting him.  It is the NY State victim/witness rule-something I just learned.  My question is this, since this is going full throttle and Jason won't agree to a permanent restraining barring him from his daughter's school, if the child is compelled to testify by either side-will the other parent give in and either dismiss or take a deal?  Is this going to be like a Wisdom of Solomon situation?  I worry part of what was propelling Jason was maybe stories sweet little Bryn might have been carrying back and forth between mom and dad's.

I don't think Bryn's life was chaotic I think Jason was pestering Bethenny and ever so gently pushing at Jason.  I also think she might have overreacted a bit.  According to Bethenny in last week she and Dennis were over and she cited her divorce (aka Jason)..  Apparently Dennis lost interest in the circus.  I always kind of assumed that Bethenny was the power one in her dating relationships then it dawned on me she is dating people who are more powerful than she.

• Love 8
On 7/5/2017 at 11:06 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

The most awkward part was when Dorinda went on and on and on about how anal sex was wrong and unnatural.  I think she forgot about gay men until she finally muttered "I mean, between a man and a woman, it's just wrong...."

Same here.  I immediately thought about how that might sound to gay men.  And how is anal sex any more "unnatural" than oral sex?  I know anal sex isn't for everyone, but it feels like  a slut shaming thing.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Again, that doesn't make Jason guilty.  And thank goodness that this is how our legal process works.  Hopefully but not always.  According to reports, she went into that police station with her lawyer and some friends.  I don't know about the friends but I have no doubt she was there with her lawyer.  If she wasn't a C list celebrity with a lawyer, I really don't think she would have been given the time of day.  The same goes for the prosecutors. 

I don't think there's any evidence that Bryn's life had become chaotic.  I do think her pursuing this may cause more harm to her daughter and she should have handled it differently for the sake of her daughter.  She should keep her mouth shut about Bryn's father.  She shouldn't be bringing her now ex boyfriend around at her child's school.  Both of them should be putting their child first.

The only witness that she had was Dennis Shields to my knowledge. 

From my understanding, there were some school employees that were also witnesses which is partly why Hoppy is also banned from the school. 

I don't believe in ever advocating for a woman to put up with harassment or abuse from a current or former husband.  It is never in the best interest of the child to witness that. Bethenny grew up seeing her mother get abused so she knows what it is like to witness that as a child. 

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Sure Luanne can act superior and be demeaning and I've had my fill of hearing about the wedding and her marriage happiness but I think the reason, the way, and the amount she is speaking is in reaction to what these ladies have put her through for the past year. The women have done nothing but gossip, snoop, snark, joke, belittle this relationship and she still has her guard up part of it being her vocal enthusiasm over her marriage. Sure they are all sick of hearing about it but they helped create what they are dealing with now.

Bethany and Carol need to stop with their barbs.

All drunk Dorinda had to do was privately tell Luann that while they are happy for her the girls have had their fill and to tone it down a bit. If anyone could get through to her and come from a place of support it should have been her but she screwed it up.

Sonia with her never ending "I fucked Tom first" needs to stop, that she won't aopologize for hurting Luanne is down right hateful.

Ramona needs to stop her digging for dirt.

If the ladies would stop I think Luann would stop.

I don't think Mrs. ,  "I deserved a better room because I'm married,  this is my storyline Im'a sell it hard, and I'm gonna throw an after party for my wedding for all the people who weren't good enough to invite at a cruddy venue with no frills in an attempt at more gifts and to shame the haters" would stop.

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Just an aside.  I've defended Tinsley's claims of abuse and the violence she suffered numerous times when others have questioned it.  I've already stated upthread my opinion on Sonja's behavior with one of the chefs:  That was assault.  And if he was a woman and Sonja a man, there would be outrage. 

I've read this entire thread,  literally NO ONE has expressed the opinion that it is okay. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

For me, this was the funniest moment of the episode.  It reminds me when we had our old outside gas grill and the 'starter' didn't work anymore. 

Sorry, it isn't like saying the bitch probably deserved it....after a beating.  Being arrested and charged doesn't mean you're guilty.  In Bethenny's case, we don't know the whole story and Jason has a right to defend himself.  Beth has always been the great exaggerator. 

You are right, his arrest does not mean he is guilty. I believe he did do that, and think if that is what happened, she didn't deserve that, my response was to "there is two sides to every story" which I took to mean, we don't know what she did to him to drive him to act this way. 

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't think Mrs. ,  "I deserved a better room because I'm married,  this is my storyline Im'a sell it hard, and I'm gonna throw an after party for my wedding for all the people who weren't good enough to invite at a cruddy venue with no frills in an attempt at more gifts and to shame the haters" would stop.

I've read this entire thread,  literally NO ONE has expressed the opinion that it is okay. 

I'm not saying that anyone has. My opinion is no different from anyone else.  It was about a comment from a poster in a response to me regarding Beth's situation as compared to someone who is being abused.  Ok.  Someone being physically beaten up.  I think Beth's situation is different.  And I brought up examples to show that I am not unsympathetic about 'abuse' or violence. 

I'm ending this because I try to follow and respect the rules of the forum. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

So he's tried and convicted solely on Beth's word.  IMO, that's not right either.

I didn't say that, I said I believed her.

You hate Bethany, you are entitled to your own opinion. I don't don't hate her, and realize I probably can't convince you to like her, nor feel the need for you to agreee with me. I'm here mainly for the snark. My disagreeing with you is not personal.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I probably would end up like this.

IMG_4631.thumb.JPG.8013feb39cd824e14eded4f5a5534887.JPG

LOL.

And that clothing line is hilariously ridiculous (and $$$ -- a 225.00 apron with pre-mended straps -- for that authentic gypsy bandolier meets Stevie Nicks look the world has been waiting for). 

Also:  I hope the ghost of Frieda Kahlo strikes them dead for using her image.

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

If I walked into a party and she was there, she would be the one I would want to talk to. You just know she would know things. 

Yes -- and she looks like she'd make you laugh unexpectedly - when I hit 69, I will only look like her inside my head (externally, I'll be the wild-haired crazy woman at the party in yoga pants drinking from a Smirnoff's bottle and eating Smartfood popcorn right out of the bag) but at least in my head, I'll be soigne as fuck! : ) 

Now I am bummed that I don't have a signature lipstick. 

MCM  Red!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Are you Jason Hoppy?

I can only speak for myself but I am shocked at reading about school employees and I have followed the case pretty closely.  nd no I am not Jason Hoppy. There has never been a mention as far as I know about the school  being a party.  Similarly we do not know if the TRO was amended so that Jason could pick the child up and drop her off.  It may have had to have been to allow for custodial exchanges.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Really? 

I was attempting to lighten the mood and did not intend to offend you. Your "got a link?" Seemed aggressive. As if any gossip news were credible sources of information. I saw an article, which I cannot find now,  where the police were quoted as calling Bethany a c list celebrity, and saying she over reacted. One of your comments made me think you may of read that too. I would be surprised if any police officer made any official statement saying someone over reacted to something like that. I don't know how credible any of these sources are.

• Love 2

Here is what Hoppy according to Bethenny said to Shields at the school:  http://pagesix.com/2017/01/31/bethennys-ex-thinks-shes-pure-evil/ (Thank you Breezy424)

Just now, Cheetosandchoc said:

I was attempting to lighten the mood and did not intend to offend you. Your "got a link?" Seemed aggressive. As if any gossip news were credible sources of information. I saw an article, which I cannot find now,  where the police were quoted as calling Bethany a c list celebrity, and saying she over reacted. One of your comments made me think you may of read that too. I would be surprised if any police officer made any official statement saying someone over reacted to something like that. I don't know how credible any of these sources are.

That information is contained in this link.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I can only speak for myself but I am shocked at reading about school employees and I have followed the case pretty closely.  nd no I am not Jason Hoppy. There has never been a mention as far as I know about the school  being a party.  Similarly we do not know if the TRO was amended so that Jason could pick the child up and drop her off.  It may have had to have been to allow for custodial exchanges.

I was not the person who mentioned employees as witnesses if that is what you are referring to. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I was not the person who mentioned employees as witnesses if that is what you are referring to. 

No I was responding the conversation where you asked if the OP was Jason Hoppy.  Just letting you know I was surprised as well by the assertion about the school and witnesses.  On a high note I found the article you mentioned.  :-D

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wasn't the problem that there wasn't an igniter?  She had turned the gas on but had to manually light it.  Lord knows how long the gas was on before she lit that match.  I have a similar (functionality, not scale sadly) fireplace and am always chicken to light it.  I've settled on light a piece of newspaper and then turn the gas on.  (For the 2 days in Texas that it's cold enough for a fire anyway...FWPs...)

Are you telling us that...

Luann was gaslighting the fireplace???

(It was kinda funny to read about LITERALLY lighting gas, amidst the Beth/Jason gaslighting discussion)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 15
(edited)
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't have a problem with Carole supporting or believing Bethenny but her, Carole, calling someone she has never met names on national TV is wrong IMO. And, once again, she has Bethenny's blessing in talking about Jason/the divorce/Bryn, which is tantamount to Bethenny talking about it on the show which is a way to gaslight Jason, which is just as bad as sending 160-170 emails over the course of several months, one act triggered the other act IMO. Both Jason and Bethenny are playing a dangerous game.

I don't have a prob with Bethenny doing the Jason-bashing, but Carole?  Seems really cagey to me.  Is Carole merely being a supportive palsy-walsy to Bethenny?  I don't believe that for a second, knowing just how manipulative Bethenny is.  Nah, it's Bethenny who's behind all of Carole's Jason-bashing.  Yup, Bethenny must be seething with such anger cuz here she's got the platform to publicly unload & dump all over Jason, but she can't.  That's where Carole comes in.  She's using Carole & Carole is happily letting herself be used by her.  Yech, I don't like any of it.  It's icky as hell to watch & gives me the creeps.

Still, I have no complaints about Bethenny this season.  For one thing there hasn't been much of her -- uh, YAY on that.  And she hasn't really done an overload of Skinny Girl plugs, or even Jason-bashing.  Now, while I think she's justified in her angst over Jason, I just don't wanna hear or see her whining & crying.  It's tiresome.  Glad we're not seeing much of that.

Idk, when these broads talk about bj's, I kinda wanna hurl.  Don't get me wrong.  I think it's great that older women are out & about & still enjoying sex.  But the thought of Moaner & bj's?  Ew.  But here's the thing I was I thinking . . . is it possible Moaner ain't givin' nobody bj's & she's just ALL talk -- cuz she's insecure about turning 60 & afraid nobody wants her anymore?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Were all the ladies, save Luann, raised in a barn?  I mean, we know that Bethenny was raised by wolves but good grief . . . don't they realize they can chew with their mouths closed?  it's disgusting watching them have a meal, chewing with their mouths open and talking with their mouths full of food.   Of course this is also a group that thinks discussion of anal sex and the size of John's organ is appropriate for the dinner table.  Yuck.  (Although Dorinda's comment that anal sex was unacceptable behavior made me laugh)

Otherwise, this has been pretty boring.  It's the same old same old every single week.   

In last week's episode, at my five-minute mark, at the Bronx lunch, when Beth is reminding the women that they weren't in the room when Ramona began ranting at her in the Berkshires (for having sex on a waterbed), they cut to Lu who agrees, "No, we weren't." Lu then does something that is one of my biggest pet peeves: instead of using her tongue, with her mouth closed, to dislodge some food from her bottom left side teeth, she pulls the left side of her mouth/lips back, in a kind of grimace, to loosen the food.  Very un-countess/un-Mrs. D'Agostino-like. But I suppose she was just eating crackers.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

What's funny is that Luann is one of ten kids. It makes me think she did have humble beginnings. 

Ramona is probably the only one of these ladies I can't stand or find something likeable about. Some I like more than others, some I only like a little bit.

Luann does not hide her somewhat humble beginnings.

Her father owned a cement company.

in my neck of the wood, it is promotional t-shirt worthy.

• Love 6

Wasn't the problem that there wasn't an igniter?  She had turned the gas on but had to manually light it.  Lord knows how long the gas was on before she lit that match

The igniter on the 2 gas log fireplaces I've had was located on the gas line near the logs.  I'm surprised she didn't look closer for it.  Maybe that fireplace was set up differently, but the ones we've owned had a control switch (on/off) and the igniter switch next to each other.   You have to get close to it, and it's a little scary lighting it up the first time of the season, but I've never had to throw a match on it, and I never had a flame like that upon startup.   I think she did it wrong.   I'm guessing that she's always had "the help" (sarcasm) to take care of these menial tasks.  ;) 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Why not look within the Bravo family-Eileen is only three years younger and she has implants and looks years younger and better than Ramona-  170418_3504204_Just_Because_You_re_Obnox

I know, but Eileen is drop dead gorgeous. Ramona was attractive in her day, before the Stepford treatments.

• Love 7
(edited)

OMG...okay. I watched the stuff with Carol and Dorinda discussing Jason and his charges.  You know, I like them, but,  I really wish they would can it and stop using the show as a way to manipulate Bethenny's ex-husband's issues.  Regardless of what really happened, Jason has not been found guilty of a crime. (I know Bethenny is a liar, but, I prefer to let the justice system determine if he has done something illegal.  I tend to think that it's Bethenny who is unstable and not Jason.  But, that's just me and what I've seen for the last 7 years.)

Do I think that Bethenny is using the show to POISON THE JURY POOL? A HELL YES on that one.  She thinks that by getting her girlfriends to smear him enough, maybe, he'll be too afraid to have a trial, since it's on national tv of how guilty he is.  Okay, maybe, some potential jurors don't watch RHONYC  Let's hope.  But, I do think it sets up a great basis for a Motion for the defense. I have my own theory of why Bethenny is so angry that she can't let it go, but, I'll take that to another thread.  I do wish that the show would zip it up, until Jason's case is resolved.  Wouldn't it be ironic if this ends up hurting her and not him?

Have we seen the real Tinsley?  I don't know about her.  I just get the feeling that she's not really there.  Hard to explain.  Maybe, she's not that deep and I'm overthinking it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Ramona of all the condescending conniving bitches on the planet was offended and thought Luann was trying to be superior?  This is a woman almost to the moment Luann announced until she walked down the aisle tried to thwart the relationship. 

Yes, and let's not forget that while LuAnn was going through her divorce from the Count, Ramona took every opportunity to rub her wonderful 20 year marriage in Lu's face.  Look where that got her.   I feel she sees it all as a game and she is losing. 

On Sonja's assault on the waiter, everyone seems to agree that it was horrible, but I've seen comments stating they hoped he was well paid.  That doesn't really sit well with me.  The man was grabbed and assaulted, but if he was well paid it's okay?  I don't think anyone was being malicious, but it seems that when it's a female assaulting a male, there is not much sympathy for the male.  If some sleazy man grabbed a young lady and did that, would people say they hoped she was well paid as if that makes it better?  That poor guy was potentially exposed to health issues and if it were me, I would be much more skittish next time I was serving people.  Not cool at all.

• Love 13

I think Luann just wants the ladies to respect her marriage and that is not going to happen.  Most of the instances when she brings it up I think just wants them to agree with her and acknowledge her happiness.   My issue is that she needs to pick and choose how hard she wants to push it and gauge the room better on when she needs to drop it.  Lunch with Sonja who made out of pocket comments, totally appropriate for going to the mat and taking a stand.  Making a big deal about how the ladies should have given her the best room at the chalet, ridiculous.  

These women are not ever going to be your chorus of well-wishers given the lengths that they went to expose the issues in your relationship prior to the wedding.  I understand her basking in her happiness and it is within her right but why harp on it amongst a group of people who have made their feelings about your marriage clear?  It reveals more about Luann’s insecurity of her marriage.   If you are truly happy then it wouldn’t matter what others think and you wouldn’t be so focused on shutting down the naysayers.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

No I was responding the conversation where you asked if the OP was Jason Hoppy.  Just letting you know I was surprised as well by the assertion about the school and witnesses.  On a high note I found the article you mentioned.  :-D

Ah, okay I misunderstood. Have not posted in Housewives for a while.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Luann does not hide her somewhat humble beginnings.

Her father owned a cement company.

in my neck of the wood, it is promotional t-shirt worthy.

thank you. I never knew what he did. Luann can be annoying and sometimes bitchy, but I like her and think she is a very interesting person. People are complicated.

• Love 6

Add me to the list of people appalled that tonguing an unwitting male was being encouraged by Beth and Carole and the general discussions about sizing and how people are in bed. Isn't this type of "locker room" behavior something that Carole and Dorinda cried about when it comes to Trump?  Why is it okay for them?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

When my good girlfriend went through a bad breakup and even worse custody trial, I didn't doubt her side for a second. She's my friend. I didn't feel the need to get the guy's side or get to know him.  There are some things that cannot be disputed - the amount of emails/texts, the fact that he was CCing her current boyfriend, the content of those communications, and his verbal attack at the child's school. So Carole may have seen enough to form her own opinion.

Yes, but if you were on TV, would you sit on your tattered LeTigre sofa and coyly rattle off her ex-husband's crimes to her, as if she'd never heard them before?  Like the two of you hadn't been taking about it for months?

"What is the ex up to? (innocently examines fingernails) Do you want to talk about it? Or not? Is there more...like, a barrage of emails and nasty texts?"  Hmmmmm? Do you want to share with the audience?  And then do a talking head and say, "I know Beth likes to keep it private but I've witnessed some behavior that is beyond bizarre."  Way to keep it private, Radzi.  Oh, but wait, you have instructions and permission to keep bringing it up. 

Carole was doing this little act for screen time, to trash Jason and do Beth a solid.  Maybe Jason deserves it.  Maybe he is a true and total dick.  But what Carole keeps doing is nothing short of dick moves. 

At any rate, generally when you have a closer friendship, you feel like you know your friend. So why not believe them?

Of course I would take my best friend's word...unless my friend was a drama Queen who had a habit of exaggerating everything.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG...okay. I watched the stuff with Carol and Dorinda discussing Jason and his charges.  You know, I like them, but,  I really wish they would can it and stop using the show as a way to manipulate Bethenny's ex-husband's issues.  Regardless of what really happened, Jason has not been found guilty of a crime. (I know Bethenny is a liar, but, I prefer to let the justice system determine if he has done something illegal.  I tend to think that it's Bethenny who is unstable and not Jason.  But, that's just me and what I've seen for the last 7 years.)

Do I think that Bethenny is using the show to POISON THE JURY POOL? A HELL YES on that one.  She thinks that by getting her girlfriends to smear him enough, maybe, he'll be too afraid to have a trial, since it's on national tv of how guilty he is.  Okay, maybe, some potential jurors don't watch RHONYC  Let's hope.  But, I do think it sets up a great basis for a Motion for the defense. I have my own theory of why Bethenny is so angry that she can't let it go, but, I'll take that to another thread.  I do wish that the show would zip it up, until Jason's case is resolved.  Wouldn't it be ironic if this ends up hurting her and not him?

Have we seen the real Tinsley?  I don't know about her.  I just get the feeling that she's not really there.  Hard to explain.  Maybe, she's not that deep and I'm overthinking it.  

Would they let folks who were fans of the show be on the Jury? 

As far as Beth poisoning the jury pool, all that Carole told us has been reported in the media. I hardly think that any jury would be shocked to find that those close to Bethenny think that Jason is wrong. 

And with regard to it being discussed on the show, why shouldn't it be in whatever context it can be? This is Bethenny's actual life, and she is on a reality TV show. We all expected for Ramona to not refuse to make the fact that she was going through a bad divorce part of the show. Just because she didn't want initially to talk about it, just not acknowledging that it is going on is fake. Every single viewer of this show (or most of them) are very well aware of the fact that Jason was arrested for sending those messages and going to the school. Carole told us nothing we didn't already know. And because it cannot be said enough, Jason is well aware of Bethenny and the fact that she has somewhat of a voice through this show. He has seen her, or Carole allude to other things for a few seasons. If he is so out of control that he sent all of those message, even despite a C&D telling him to cut it out, the man is escalating badly. If he didn't think that it would ever be addressed on the show, despite the fact that it was happening during filming, he is even dumber than I think. And he cannot be dumber than I think. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes, and let's not forget that while LuAnn was going through her divorce from the Count, Ramona took every opportunity to rub her wonderful 20 year marriage in Lu's face.  Look where that got her.   I feel she sees it all as a game and she is losing. 

Callous, cold and cruel -- those were the things I thought about Ramona the first tIme I saw her, which was during her "we're a perfect trifecta, my husband, daughter and me, and you're divorced and not even sh|t" lunch with Lu. 

I understand that Lu's previous behavior was smug and snide but gawd, the woman was in pain. And like Dor just said on her Sirius show, when death ends a marriage you can deify the lost spouse; when divorce ends it, you have to deal with the bastid a long, long time.

I can't say Ramona had it coming but I will say any pity I have for her as a cuckolded, abandoned older woman has definite limits. And is really really limited.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And with regard to it being discussed on the show, why shouldn't it be in whatever context it can be? This is Bethenny's actual life, and she is on a reality TV show. We all expected for Ramona to not refuse to make the fact that she was going through a bad divorce part of the show. Just because she didn't want initially to talk about it, just not acknowledging that it is going on is fake. Every single viewer of this show (or most of them) are very well aware of the fact that Jason was arrested for sending those messages and going to the school. Carole told us nothing we didn't already know. And because it cannot be said enough, Jason is well aware of Bethenny and the fact that she has somewhat of a voice through this show. He has seen her, or Carole allude to other things for a few seasons. If he is so out of control that he sent all of those message, even despite a C&D telling him to cut it out, the man is escalating badly. If he didn't think that it would ever be addressed on the show, despite the fact that it was happening during filming, he is even dumber than I think. And he cannot be dumber than I think. 

I don't think the issue is that is is being brought up, but the way it is being brought up.  B thru Carole is controlling the narrative.  It's not organic.  Ramona didn't seem to have that kind of control when her issues were discussed, but in my opinion B exerts all kinds of control with how her divorce/issues with ex and her dating life are portrayed.  Plus a young child is involved which further complicates the issue.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The other thing that was so, I don't know.  Beth is all upset about Jason's arrest, being on Page 6, etc. and she's making all these faces.  Sorry girl, you knew this was going to happen.  It wasn't like it was some kind of shock.  You initiated this. 

She is upset it wasn't on page 1!!

Maybe if there was some product placement that would have happened??? Like Jason wearing a Skinny Girl cap or something?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Normades said:

I don't think the issue is that is is being brought up, but the way it is being brought up.  B thru Carole is controlling the narrative.  It's not organic.  Ramona didn't seem to have that kind of control when her issues were discussed, but in my opinion B exerts all kinds of control with how her divorce/issues with ex and her dating life are portrayed.  Plus a young child is involved which further complicates the issue.

Beth is smart and stupid at the same time.

She is in danger to turn into Kelly Rutherford if she does not quit her crap.

• Love 6

Bethanny can't win. If she refuses to talk about her life it's "Oh she shouldn't be on a reality show if she's not going to share everything" and when she does share it's "Oh that should never come up." GAHHHHH

Jason was arrested and charged. That's a fact. She didn't make it up. I'm shocked at the "Well she shouldn't have reported him" line of thinking. So she should just let this man harass and stalk her? Yeah, NO.

I was a waitress for 45 years. If ANYONE  had grabbed me and tried to french kiss me they would have gotten a tray in the groin. And deserved it. That was ASSAULT and it wasn't funny, or cute, in the least.

No more down and dirty sex talk please. I almost fell of the couch when the subject turned to "anal" Not something anyone should be talking about or sharing except with their partner. Gag. I'm 59 and I love sex (although, sadly I' have no boyfriend now) but I don't discuss my sex life with ANYONE! Well except my BFF. And NOT on tv! 

Ramona is the WORST. She's why servers spit in drinks! (And honestly in 45 years I NEVER saw anyone do that) 

• Love 13

This is somewhat off topic, but I noticed when they were clearing the breakfast dishes that everyone's plates were clean, except for Carole's, which had a full plate of eggs, blueberries, etc, that seemed relatively untouched. So does Carole take the food just to appear to be eating with no intention of eating? If she doesn't plan on eating, why not leave the eggs, blueberries etc. so that those who want to eat can have more? Or, were the eggs so bad that she took one bite and said, Nah! And Dorinda just picked up Carole's plate to throw it all away without blinking as if its the norm. 

And thinking back to Dorinda's dinner party, we had Carole seen only eating green beans one at a time. Everyone else eats except Carole. 

• Love 4

Maybe Bethanny has furry boots and a hat on in the house because she was cold? If I'm cold I'll wear anything to get WARM. And really, there's no skin on her bones to keep her warm.

If I made the big bucks she did off SG I'd have that logo everywhere also! That's a great form of advertising. I have a ton of branded stuff in my office from companies. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Bethanny can't win. If she refuses to talk about her life it's "Oh she shouldn't be on a reality show if she's not going to share everything" and when she does share it's "Oh that should never come up." GAHHHHH

Jason was arrested and charged. That's a fact. She didn't make it up. I'm shocked at the "Well she shouldn't have reported him" line of thinking. So she should just let this man harass and stalk her? Yeah, NO.

I was a waitress for 45 years. If ANYONE  had grabbed me and tried to french kiss me they would have gotten a tray in the groin. And deserved it. That was ASSAULT and it wasn't funny, or cute, in the least.

No more down and dirty sex talk please. I almost fell of the couch when the subject turned to "anal" Not something anyone should be talking about or sharing except with their partner. Gag. I'm 59 and I love sex (although, sadly I' have no boyfriend now) but I don't discuss my sex life with ANYONE! Well except my BFF. And NOT on tv! 

Ramona is the WORST. She's why servers spit in drinks! (And honestly in 45 years I NEVER saw anyone do that) 

There is a little irony with the Jason getting arrested for harassment and Bethenny directing Sonja to force her mouth and tongue  on a stranger.  Unwanted contact is unwanted contact. 

I agree about the sex talk and Tinsley is indicating on social media she went for Tinsley Mortimer to Tinsley Mortified of her frank talk. 

• Love 13
(edited)
22 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I don't understand the "she shouldn't have reported him" mindset.  He sounds like he's gone off the deepend.

That said, I think Bethenny's can't win status is because she tends to make everything about her and her victimhood.  Her awful childhood that resulted in an eating disorder (which didn't prevent her from busting on Jules).  Gee sorry "It" girl about your embarrassing mugshot from an abusing relationship, but look up on Google because I AM A VICTIM.  She seems to crave sympathy for her dysfunction with little empathy for others.  And of course, she can dish out the worst insults and then be mortally wounded by the slightest criticism.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is a little irony with the Jason getting arrested for harassment and Bethenny directing Sonja to force her mouth and tongue  on a stranger.  Unwanted contact is unwanted contact. 

Bethenny did not direct Sonja to force her mouth on anyone, Sonja chose to go that route, I was expecting Sonja to go and "flirt" and mention it to the guy first, or you know, get consent.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

So does Carole take the food just to appear to be eating with no intention of eating?

I think Carole eats.  Maybe it's just one green bean at a time.  Chewed exactly 100 times.  With her mouth wide open.

2 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

These women are not ever going to be your chorus of well-wishers given the lengths that they went to expose the issues in your relationship prior to the wedding.  I understand her basking in her happiness and it is within her right but why harp on it amongst a group of people who have made their feelings about your marriage clear?  It reveals more about Luann’s insecurity of her marriage.   If you are truly happy then it wouldn’t matter what others think and you wouldn’t be so focused on shutting down the naysayers.

Bingo.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Bethenny did not direct Sonja to force her mouth on anyone, Sonja chose to go that route, I was expecting Sonja to go and "flirt" and mention it to the guy first, or you know, get consent.  

It was with Bethenny's urging and encouragement which in of itself is obnoxious.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

It was with Bethenny's urging and encouragement which in of itself is obnoxious.

LOL!  It was Truth or Dare.  That's kind of how the game is played, that's the Dare part.  There was nothing that Bethenny said that was about forcing yourself on anyone.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

LOL!  It was Truth or Dare.  That's kind of how the game is played, that's the Dare part.  There was nothing that Bethenny said that was about forcing yourself on anyone.  

The lengths people go to justify behavior of over 40 somethings.

• Love 7