Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/19/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

And she is so damn condescending to the rest of the panel! Either she knows best because (I was shot at, so I'm the expert on guns; I am black, so how I feel about the n-word is the only way to feel; this new app that picks guys off dating sites is stupid because I have no interest in it). I was soooo irked yesterday when they were discussing that 19th century "wife wanted" ad and she got pissy with Sara(?) about asking her opinion about it. Of course it was a condescending answer that back in the 1800s she wouldn't have been allowed to answer that ad, so she had no opinion about it. Well, guess what, Whoopi, it's ALL make-believe -- similar to acting, maybe? -- because none of us were alive then to answer that ad! It's all silliness and fantasy to project whether we would have been tempted by such a fine young man's personal ad. I really don't see why someone who pats herself on the back for getting awards for basically pretending on screen feels it's so beneath her to pretend (for a paycheck) in real life.

And -- after getting snotty with whoever tried to draw her into the conversation, for trying to draw her into the conversation, she defended herself by saying she was sitting there quietly so as not to ruin the conversation until someone had the nerve to ask her to talk. On a talk show! The nerve! The cheek!

I really think she would be happiest sitting alone on a stage, with no audience, just a camera, and pontificating everything she believes without other people making her life messy. Because she certainly feels that way, that she alone is wise and everyone else is an irritation.

You got it on all points. Good post.

• Love 6

I love Jedi outfit today.  Some times I wonder why it feels like she is only talking to Whoopie? 

I enjoyed the interviews today.  They were both interesting and for the most part not interrupted and allowed to answer questions. 

Some days there is a bell ? on the table.  Does that mean the boxing round is over? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Speaking of the Phoenix area our weather person yesterday said that Phoenix hit 116 degrees yesterday. OMG! I can't even imagine.

A couple of people posted photos of their car's dashboard.  Both showed "exterior temperature" of 121.    Today I didn't go out to pick up dog poop before 10:30am...so I didn't do it!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I really think she would be happiest sitting alone on a stage, with no audience, just a camera, and pontificating everything she believes without other people making her life messy.

It's so irritating to see Whoopi on other shows...where people fall over themselves to fawn* over her and she plays the humility card--every time.  Aw, shucks, lil' old me?   They HAVE to know her in other contexts...parties, events, acting with her--AND they must not watch The View.

*Translation: Kiss up.

• Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

I agree ChicagoCita.  Joy and the Mayor go back a long way, so she may have been kidding, but it still rang insensitive.  As I remember it, her dog and the Mayor's dog got married on the show in a ceremony officiated by Tony Randall.  I realize that sounds insane, but it was a stunt for the show many years ago. 

I'm almost positive it was Barbara perfect dog Cha Cha. BW got all flirty like she was getting married. 

Anyone remember  ? 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm almost positive it was Barbara perfect dog Cha Cha. BW got all flirty like she was getting married. 

Anyone remember  ? 

I'm thinking (partially remembering) it was BaWa's ChaCha that did the nuptials.

33 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Yes, I think Barbara didn't make it a secret that she had a crush on Bloomberg. 

She was living through her dog, i guess.

I remember BW's crush on him. Joy liked to tease her by calling him her boyfriend. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Sigh. Yep BW was all over Bloomberg. Fine I guess. It was when she was all over Castro and especially the kind and gentle Assad (that was handsome too) that sent me over the edge.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8

I'm sure that horrifyingly, offensive television commercial, against Ms. Handel's Democratic opponent, created by a Georgia GOP Super Pac, which aired on the View this past Monday, affected the outcome of that election.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I'm sure that horrifyingly, offensive television commercial, against Ms. Handel's Democratic opponent, created by a Georgia GOP Super Pac, which aired on the View this past Monday, affected the outcome of that election.

That "ad" infuriated me, especially since Colbert exposed it for how those remarks by Obama were from his audio book from YEARS ago-the one titled Dreams From My Father.???on the day of the election or maybe the night before.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

And she is so damn condescending to the rest of the panel! She knows best about everything (I was shot at, so I'm the expert on guns; I am black, so how I feel about the n-word is the only way to feel; this new app that picks guys off dating sites is stupid because I have no interest in it). I was soooo irked yesterday when they were discussing that 19th century "wife wanted" ad and she got pissy with Sara(?)  about asking her opinion about it. Of course it was a condescending answer that back in the 1800s she wouldn't have been allowed to answer that ad, so she had no opinion about it. Well, guess what, Whoopi, it's ALL make-believe -- similar to acting, maybe? -- because none of us were alive then to answer that ad! It's all silliness and fantasy to project whether we would have been tempted by such a fine young man's personal ad. I really don't see why someone who pats herself on the back for getting awards for basically pretending on screen feels it's so beneath her to pretend (for a paycheck) in real life.

And -- after getting snotty with whoever tried to draw her into the conversation, for trying to draw her into the conversation, she defended herself by saying she was sitting there quietly so as not to ruin the conversation until someone had the nerve to ask her to talk. On a talk show! The nerve! The cheek!

I really think she would be happiest sitting alone on a stage, with no audience, just a camera, and pontificating everything she believes without other people making her life messy. Because she certainly feels that way, that she alone is wise and everyone else is an irritation.

I completely agree with this whole post. 

No, it was Sunny. The one Whoopi loves to be condescending too. Yes,  she looks down on all of them, but Sunny seems to bug her the most. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm really curious as to whether Jedidiah is really as much an oppositional personality as she is on the show, or if she's being told to act that way.

Because I am so ready to throw something at my TV and her Trumpsplaining every offensive thing they talk about. She ALONE understands that he didn't really mean he doesn't want poor people in the Cabinet when he said "I don't want poor people in the Cabinet." She ALONE knows he means he wants SUCCESSFUL people in the Cabinet, and he didn't mean people without money when he said "poor people."

And then she tried to sell it by comparing "successful" people with Whoopi Goldberg and how Trump wouldn't want struggling actors, he'd want successes like Whoopi.

I just want to slap her on days like this. And I remember how she said just a few days ago how people turn into idiots when they try to defend Trump on TV.

And then after everyone shoots her line of thinking down, she it a few more times, and nods and agrees with everything that Whoopi says. 

• Love 7

In the opening credits did you ever notice that (except for Jed) they all look into the camera to connect with the audience?  Even Whoopi?  As for Jed, she makes no eye contact but does this "I'm so sexy" little shimmy.  Gag.

• Love 5

Did they ever mention the name of the teacher that Whoopie and Joy shared? It would have been nice to know his name, what he taught, etc. I think he even had a mike but they cut him off, so he couldn't even get a word in.

I'm amazed that Sara wore 6" or 7" heels. I can't imagine being pregnant and wobbling around on those things. I can't imagine being non-pregnant and wobbling around on them either, but then, I'm old.

• Love 4

Whoopie doesn't bother me much, I actually like her most of the time.  Jed is exhausting and I appreciate Whoopie's ability to shut her up.  

Eddie Izzard is one of my very favorite people on the planet.  If you are not familiar with his humor seek his stand up online.  He is brilliant and hysterical.  He is fluent in French and German. 

I adore Sara and Joy.  Sunny is okay.  

• Love 6

I swear, if Trump gave a speech and said the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth,  Jed would find a way to turn around what he said, add some words, and say that what he MEANT was something perfectly reasonable, he just worded it poorly.

She is the definition of a "Trump Apologist". 

• Love 20
(edited)

About 6 minutes into the show, When they were talking about Trump wanting to only hire rich people,  Jed said, as she pointed at Sunny "I think YOU had a valid point."  

Sunny puts down her coffee cup, and says, " I DID?" with a sarcastic smirk. 

I LOVE Sunny for that.  She is polite, but it's clear the disdain she has for Jed.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Whoopie doesn't bother me much, I actually like her most of the time.  Jed is exhausting and I appreciate Whoopie's ability to shut her up.  

Eddie Izzard is one of my very favorite people on the planet.  If you are not familiar with his humor seek his stand up online.  He is brilliant and hysterical.  He is fluent in French and German. 

I adore Sara and Joy.  Sunny is okay.  

Eddie is one of my favorite people too!! I have a good friend who I went and stayed at her place  4 hours away to watch her stressed doggie so she could go see him in concert. ( brilliant). I've been giving her Izzard alerts all week so she can catch him.   We both agree he is genius. 

I would have liked to hear the teachers connection to the ladies. As they have never mentioned going to school in the same area. Odd. 

Jed is just getting ridiculous trying to defend Trump  it would be laughable If it didn't piss me off.  

Edited by athousandclowns
Not making sense
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, backformore said:

About 6 minutes into the show, When they were talking about Trump wanting to only hire rich people,  Jed said, as she pointed at Sunny "I think YOU had a valid point."  

Sunny puts down her coffee cup, and says, " I DID?" with a sarcastic smirk. 

I LOVE Sunny for that.  She is polite, but it's clear the disdain she has for Jed.

Thanks!  I had forgotten that.   I loved her for that, too. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Eddie is one of my favorite people too!! I have a good friend who I went and stayed at her place  4 hours away to watch her stressed doggie so she could go see hiin in concert. ( brilliant). I've been giving her Izzard alerts all week so she can catch him   We both agree he is genius. 

I would have liked to hear the teachers connection to the ladies. As they have never mentioned going to school in same area. Odd. 

Jed is just getting ridiculous trying to defend Trump  it would be laughable If it didn't piss me off  

I went on youtube today and cleaned my entire house and did laundry listening to Eddie.   It made a job I hate enjoyable.  I own all of his CDS but who has a DVD player anymore?  I know I have one somewhere but where, no clue.  His stuff on religion is particularly great.  

After 6 minute of going through how ridiculous the notion of Noah's Arc is, the conclusion......when the flood was over, the animals who got off the boat were the lions and tigers plus one squirrel who hid in a biscuit tin.  LMAO!  The others were all eaten of course.   This may be a "you have to be there" situation.  

• Love 3

I am pretty sure I heard Joy say something like "he wants to say something" about the teacher just as they went to break. Obviously they had him miked to be able to talk and I am sure he probably had a few nice words to say about the ladies and that would have been a nice note.  But no, they have to give time to other fluff stuff.  Frustrating.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2017 at 6:35 PM, ChicagoCita said:

And she is so damn condescending to the rest of the panel! She knows best about everything (I was shot at, so I'm the expert on guns; I am black, so how I feel about the n-word is the only way to feel; this new app that picks guys off dating sites is stupid because I have no interest in it). I was soooo irked yesterday when they were discussing that 19th century "wife wanted" ad and she got pissy with Sara(?) about asking her opinion about it. Of course it was a condescending answer that back in the 1800s she wouldn't have been allowed to answer that ad, so she had no opinion about it. Well, guess what, Whoopi, it's ALL make-believe -- similar to acting, maybe? -- because none of us were alive then to answer that ad! It's all silliness and fantasy to project whether we would have been tempted by such a fine young man's personal ad. I really don't see why someone who pats herself on the back for getting awards for basically pretending on screen feels it's so beneath her to pretend (for a paycheck) in real life.

And despite all that, Whoopi is not the co-host that makes me actually turn off the show.

• Love 2

I recall Whoopi mentioning once that she and Joy shared a teacher (at different times of course) and how Joy made it and she dropped out.  She also mentioned his name today; too bad he didn't get to speak as he was all miked and ready to go.  

Jed is conservative, but she is playing the role she was hired to do and sometimes it makes her seem all over the place because it doesn't come together.  Star said she was hired to be the diva (this is not a huge stretch for her,) but nonetheless, that was her role.  Jennie McCarthy has said her role was to be funny and light and not talk about serious topics.  Elisabeth was trained to be the attack conservative blonde Fauxbot wannabe.  Joy is the comic and therefore has to shoehorn those jokes in at sometimes inappropriate times.  I wonder if she still has the same comedy writer.  (Love Joy BTW).  I guess Sara is the sweet, lovable mommie (which is her personality and I love it).  I guess Whoopi is the stah.  Sunny is the legal mind. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Jed is conservative, but she is playing the role she was hired to do and sometimes it makes her seem all over the place because it doesn't come together.  Star said she was hired to be the diva (this is not a huge stretch for her,) but nonetheless, that was her role.  Jennie McCarthy has said her role was to be funny and light and not talk about serious topics.  Elisabeth was trained to be the attack conservative blonde Fauxbot wannabe.  Joy is the comic and therefore has to shoehorn those jokes in at sometimes inappropriate times.  I wonder if she still has the same comedy writer.  (Love Joy BTW).  I guess Sara is the sweet, lovable mommie (which is her personality and I love it).  I guess Whoopi is the stah.  Sunny is the legal mind. 

Yes - it's like they are actors, hired to play roles.

The show was better when it was just women being genuine, and not having to play 2-dimensional characters, but giving their opinions on topics they cared about.

• Love 7

I've officially lost patience with Jedidiah. I mean, I'm at the "mute when the camera goes to her" phase. Five minutes into the show:

1. When 73 million people say they hate the opposing party, "they don't mean that."
  2. "I'm a libertarian." Last week, "I'm a conservative." Before that, "I'm an independent."
  3. "I support climate change, but I don't like the Paris Accord because it wasn't working."

It's like watching Fox News. Reality isn't real to her. She cannot be off this show soon enough.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I've officially lost patience with Jedidiah. I mean, I'm at the "mute when the camera goes to her" phase. Five minutes into the show:

1. When 73 million people say they hate the opposing party, "they don't mean that."
  2. "I'm a libertarian." Last week, "I'm a conservative." Before that, "I'm an independent."
  3. "I support climate change, but I don't like the Paris Accord because it wasn't working."

It's like watching Fox News. Reality isn't real to her. She cannot be off this show soon enough.

She was super annoying again today.  What did she mean about the Paris Accord, that the US shouldn't give money to other nations?  I didn't think that was the way it worked.

I cannot stand her.

However, the show seemed lighter again, with no Whoopi pontificating.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

She was super annoying again today.  What did she mean about the Paris Accord, that the US shouldn't give money to other nations?  I didn't think that was the way it worked.

I cannot stand her.

I don't want to get in trouble with the mods on here, but, I absolutely love the way that Sunny questioned the other side's beliefs,  that is different from her own, especially, when they claim to be the moral party.  Sunny is pro-life, but is against legislating her beliefs. I loved how she referenced Tim Kaine was Pro-life as well and very conservative in his beliefs, but, does not want to impose it on others.   I am also glad that the movie stah was not there to derail the conversation with her lectures...

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Right?!? And what the hell does she mean the Paris Accord wasn't working? That's something Fox and Friends probably told her. So we should just go back to letting industries pollute the planet and worsen global warming any way they want because...why?

The other thing that annoyed me is that suddenly Jedi is an LGBTQ ally (I guess because she liked watching Will and Grace), but she supports the rights of right-wing nuts to discriminate against them. Yeah, okay.

• Love 15
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Right?!? And what the hell does she mean the Paris Accord wasn't working? That's something Fox and Friends probably told her. So we should just go back to letting industries pollute the planet and worsen global warming any way they want because...why?

The other thing that annoyed me is that suddenly Jedi is an LGBTQ ally (I guess because she liked watching Will and Grace), but she supports the rights of right-wing nuts to discriminate against them. Yeah, okay.

Exactly, I also wanted to mention that God gave man, stewardship over the Animals and the earth.  So, killing Animals indiscriminately and polluting the earth for material gain is evil and evil in God's sight.  Money is the root of all evil...Yes, I am a liberal and I read the Bible...We are not all amoral heathens..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Well...she did work at FOX before she landed the gig here. I don't watch that network, so only remember last season, how they'd introduce her as blah blah show on FOX whenever she guest hosted here. Which was a LOT. Was she booted from there or did she leave on her own?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Money is the root of all evil...

Not money, the love of money, one of my pet peeves, it's

'For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.' 

Timothy 6:10

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

And another thing!  When they were talking about Pence, which was an interesting convo, Jed said that Pence did not support gay conversion therapy.  Which is technically true, but he did support funding to change sexual behaviour, which is what was implied.  And when Sunny said he blocked Syrian refugees from settling in his State, Jedi-xenophobe practically leapt across the table to say she would not have allowed the refugees in either. 

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

So we should just go back to letting industries pollute the planet and worsen global warming any way they want because...why?

In a word?  Jobs. You know, the ones Trump promised to coal miners. 

I was only half paying attention today. Who was it who said she feared Pence more than Trump?  Sunny or Sarah?  I'm with her.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

In a word?  Jobs. You know, the ones Trump promised to coal miners.

Ah, yes, those sweet, sweet coal mining jobs. Life was so much better when the coal industries could just blow a hole in a mountain while miners risked their lives on a daily basis.

I wish I knew what the program was, but there was recently a documentary on PBS about a former coal mining town that wanted to establish wind farms instead of opening another mine. To paraphrase one of the interviewees: "If coal mining is so great, why are we so poor?"

• Love 9

Joy and I have so much in common.  The singing concert goer is why I stopped going to some concerts/ venues. People can be so rude even singing loudly to the point I would like to say,  good we know you memorized the words but I did not pay $$$ to hear you.  I almost only go to comedy concerts  now. Not to say that asshats don't get a few under the belt and shout out demands for routines. 

That couple are adorable and movie seems like it would be good. 

Has motor mouth described herself as an independent,  a conservative and libertarian now?  

The show is  so much better/ relaxed with Joy at the helm. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

The show is so much better/ relaxed with Joy at the helm. 

From your mouth ...

I still miss Joy's shows on HLN and Current. She always moderated her panelists really well.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Absolutely!     Everyone was laughing and seemed to be enjoying themselves without Whoopi yelling and squashing the conversations.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was only half paying attention today. Who was it who said she feared Pence more than Trump?  Sunny or Sarah?  I'm with her.

I think Joy was just reading the prompter. The whole audience clapped in agreement that Pence was more dangerous. I hate that they always bring up the conversion therapy thing, but never the HIV/AIDS outbreak. I mean, yeah, wanting to shoot people up with electricity because of your religion is sick, but it's not the only thing on his record that is disgusting.

Joy talking about being at a concert and Sunny talking about her wedding were both funny. I wish they’d nix the fluff topics about the Kardashians, Beyonce, etc., and let these kind of genuine conversations happen in the second half of the show all the time.

Huge props for Sunny bringing up the fact that the right poses as the family values/Christian party despite so much of what they do being the antithesis of Christian. Jedi was tripping over herself trying to shut it down. She is just so out of tune with the rest of the panel. She's unbearable when they're talking politics, and she's cringeworthy and so try-hard when they're talking about everyday things like weddings. I don't think it's an act. I think she's just an asshole.

• Love 15

I applaud Jed for calling out Sunny on her views of the Republican Party. It bothers Sunny because  they do not want to take care of the environment and they want to take away women's rights and they are not protecting the LGBT community. Horray for Jed when she tells Sunny that she is seeing their policies from a lens that is different than how they see their policies. Just because Sunny interprets it in that way does not mean she is right. 

• Love 1