Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/19/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Day of Hot Topics; "View Your Deal" with Jackie Miranne

Tuesday: Kim Kardashian West; David Grann (journalist and author, "Killers of the Flower Moon")

Wednesday: The Political View with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (book, "Climate of Hope"); Eddie Izzard (book, "Believe Me: A Memoir of Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens")

Thursday: The Political View with DNC Chairman Tom Perez; Ice Cube

Friday: Kumail Nanjiani & Emily V. Gordon ("The Big Sick")

• Love 2
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

Watch Kim Kardashian?  I'd rather watch grass grow.  Why do they think she is someone we'd want to see? or hear?

Oh, come on! Grass growing is way more interesting! And more intelligent. Yeah...what exactly is with the guests lately? They run from the ridiculous to the ridiculous! And that shopping stuff? Please! It's NOT QVC and doesn't ABC commercial us to death anyway during the show? Anytime now I see that shit, I check out.

Wow! Jed must have had an extra espresso today because she just WOULD NOT SHUT UP!!!!! And ladies? When you are all talking on top of each other, we can't hear a bloody thing or know who is saying what. What's wrong with their director? Why isn't this being addressed?

I see Alisha Tyler left The Talk.

• Love 3

I have mixed feelings on the View Your Deal segments. I don't mind them on a Hot Topics day because it lightens the mood a bit, even though Whoopi gets on my nerves during the segments. I've never seen anything that interests me, but I can't fault the vendors for the free advertising. It's when they put them on a day where they have guests that bugs me. The guest segments are so quick that they could have used that VYD segment on more time for the guest. 

I really didn't care for today's show. I was a little disappointed that they didn't acknowledge the USS Fitzgerald during their Hot Topics. Also, Sara's dress bugged me. I liked the pink color, but the dress itself was too busy. Also, I was slightly amused that Joy admitted to watching QVC (which I enjoy watching at times, but I didn't think that she was a viewer; I expected her to be more of a 24/7 news watcher). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

Jed must have had an extra espresso today because she just WOULD NOT SHUT UP!!!!!

Practically the first thing out of her mouth was, "Something happens to these people when they go to defend Donald Trump, that all of a sudden they make no sense."

Ahem. We've noticed.

• Love 12

Whoopi was doing a lot of pontificating today, but I did love her shooting down Jeda-nonsense on the Cuba discussion, especially at the very end where she pretty much told her she didn't know what she was talking about.

Whoopi annoys when she does that bored thing looking to the audience when the other four are discussing a topic she doesn't care about.

Why must Jedi-grimace-face shriek her viewpoint across the table?  She's awful.

• Love 9

WHoopi had my head spinning today.   Muslims stepped in and protected a man in London after he mowed down Muslims with his van - and WHoopi says that is "the Christian edict" of forgiveness.   What the bloody hell is she talking about?  Doing the right thing is not the exclusive  property of Christians.  When Muslims act according to principles or morality, they are not acting according to "CHRISTIAN values." 

Then, just a few minutes later, talking about gay marriage and LGBTQ issues,  she spouts the "what would Jesus do" idea, and says that if you're a religious leader, whether Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, you have to look to that. 

Whoopi is using the word "Christian"  to mean a good, moral person,  WHILE TALKING ABOUT MUSLIMS.

• Love 19

Today, Whoopi said something like "Trump is new and is learning on the job, but when Obama was new and inexperienced he wasn't given the same respect as Trump". Is she serious? I have seen absolutely NO respect shown to the new president at all.  How can Whoopi say stuff like this with a straight face and then have the audience clap like trained seals. It is sickening to watch, but somehow I still do. This show is a complete train wreck!

• Love 4

The "view your Deal"  lady was selling makeup while having a seriously over-tanned face.  And- is there really a market for a battery-operated makeup brush? 

And - WHoopi's ankle-length lab coat?  what the hell?

• Love 2
(edited)
59 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

Today, Whoopi said something like "Trump is new and is learning on the job, but when Obama was new and inexperienced he wasn't given the same respect as Trump". Is she serious? I have seen absolutely NO respect shown to the new president at all.  How can Whoopi say stuff like this with a straight face and then have the audience clap like trained seals. It is sickening to watch, but somehow I still do. This show is a complete train wreck!

Hmm I don't remember Obama(or any other president for that matter.)doing and saying incredibly stupid things, and having someone say..."Oh emm gee..he's just a poor little lamb who is new to all this."

And I don't think she was even saying she thought Obama was "inexperienced"

If Mr. Tweetident wants respect, maybe he should have BEEN qualified.

I agree with Whoopi and her "Trained seals"

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 23

Sarah's baby is adorable.  Still wondering if she is pregnant.  

This was a strange show. It really didn't flow.  Kinda like this post LOL.  

ITA about Whoopies bored look.   Was thinking today it's her job. I would gladly switch places and paychecks with her. 

Has she always acted so bored with certain topics?

• Love 1

Man, when Sunny mentioned how the Muslims protected the driver  in London for the police Jediblahblah sure shot her several dirty looks. Go Sunny! Not sure what Jedi was annoyed about.....perhaps that Sunny jumped right in before her, lol.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Hmm I don't remember Obama(or any other president for that matter.)doing and saying incredibly stupid things, and having someone say..."Oh emm gee..he's just a poor little lamb who is new to all this."

And I don't think she was even saying she thought Obama was "inexperienced"

If Mr. Tweetident wants respect, maybe he should have BEEN qualified.

I agree with Whoopi and her "Trained seals"

I never said that Trump even deserves respect, but Whoopi was saying something like Obama never got the respect that Trump is getting. What the hell is she talking about? And how can you agree with something that makes absolutely no sense at all?

• Love 2

Because some people in the media and Jedi trip over themselves with excuses to excuse that fucking idiot that currently runs the country. They set the bar low for his ass. They applaud him for simple shit that any other person would do in the same job and there wouldn't be any praise for it.

I also got Whoopie's Muslim, Christian point. The media and certain segments of the country act like Muslims are heathens and just want to hurt people. She was just pointing out that the man did the moral thing just like any so called Christian would.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Has she always acted so bored with certain topics?

I'm not sure if she did it when she first started appearing on the show.  However, she was doing it when Barbara was still there.  So it's been a long time.  

26 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Whoopi's bored act? It's rude, childish and it's getting real old....fast!

Right along with the valley girl talk, saying "welcome to The View" 10 times before the show, her know it all attitude, treating cohosts like children, etc., etc. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, backformore said:

WHoopi had my head spinning today.   Muslims stepped in and protected a man in London after he mowed down Muslims with his van - and WHoopi says that is "the Christian edict" of forgiveness.   What the bloody hell is she talking about?  Doing the right thing is not the exclusive  property of Christians.  When Muslims act according to principles or morality, they are not acting according to "CHRISTIAN values." 

Then, just a few minutes later, talking about gay marriage and LGBTQ issues,  she spouts the "what would Jesus do" idea, and says that if you're a religious leader, whether Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, you have to look to that. 

Whoopi is using the word "Christian"  to mean a good, moral person,  WHILE TALKING ABOUT MUSLIMS.

I noticed that. I was thinking in my head, "Whoopi, you know you said the person who tried to protect the terrorist from the crowd was someone from the mosque, right...?" I just thought it was funny that detail escaped her even though it had just come out of her mouth a few seconds earlier.

4 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Man, when Sunny mentioned how the Muslims protected the driver  in London for the police Jediblahblah sure shot her several dirty looks. Go Sunny! Not sure what Jedi was annoyed about.....perhaps that Sunny jumped right in before her, lol.

And I noticed this, too. You know how it is with people like Jedilyingliarwholies, Muslims are Undesirable Number 1. She can't stand for anything nice to be said about any Muslim anywhere--for her, they are all evil, subhuman monsters who must be banned, subjugated, destroyed, etc. I'm glad Sunny irritated her by pointing out that Cuba has a point about the U.S.'s own human rights abuses--which have only risen with this administration (who don't even have a concept of the phrase "human rights," apparently). While on the subject of who pissed in Jedi’s cornflakes—a thumbs up to Joy for causing that infuriated look on her face when Joy again called Trump “just like a dictator” for hiring a wedding coordinator who's a friend of his family to work in the Department of HUD.

I notice LGBT topics are the only ones Jedilyingliarwholies will back down on. I guess it’s because on those topics, even Sara will turn on her (GOOD). Sara is right that Trump does not care at all. I'm glad someone mentioned the HIV/AIDS council resigning. Jedilyingliarwholies can save her load of bullshit about him evolving, nobody believes your lies. Whoopi had me laughing when Sunny brought up his campaign promise by saying he was really only talking about Caitlyn Jenner specifically--not transgender people in general. Sounds about right.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Because some people in the media and Jedi trip over themselves with excuses to excuse that fucking idiot that currently runs the country. They set the bar low for his ass. They applaud him for simple shit that any other person would do in the same job and there wouldn't be any praise for it.

What media are you talking about? Fox News? Because  I honestly have never seen CNN, MSNBC or any of the major networks say anything positive about Trump. That recent Harvard University study also supports what I am saying. People can hate the guy all they want, but you need to at least show some objectivity. 

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/27/530337213/in-a-presidents-first-100-days-the-news-is-rarely-good

Edited by mrbean5411
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, cinsays said:

Watch Kim Kardashian?  I'd rather watch grass grow.  Why do they think she is someone we'd want to see? or hear?

She must be selling something!

• Love 2

Weird question here -- during the discussion about whether or not women find men attractive who resemble their fathers, did anyone hear a child say "Mommy" very loudly several times? Because it sure as heck is on my recorded version, and it's freaking me out. I thought it was a kid on the street the first time, and ran out to see if a child was running around alone at night. When I rewound, it came through again.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

^ That is creepy.

You go, eagle eyed posters, who called it!  Sarah is pregnant.

I thought she said her first baby was going to be a "one and done?" Not that I care. She has said how stressful it was taking care of him, and didn't feel she had support, so she's adding another bebe? Whatever floats your boat, Sarah.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because Gina is not the same as going to be! STOOPID autocorrect!?
  • Love 3

You guys are really good. You guys called it.  Sarah's pregnant and she looks so happy.  The ladies seemed to be relaxed and happy today.  I just have one question, what the hell happened to Kim Kardashian's nose?  She used to be so beautiful once upon a time.  What a shame!

• Love 2
(edited)
On June 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM, A.J. said:

I'm not sure if she did it when she first started appearing on the show.  However, she was doing it when Barbara was still there.  So it's been a long time.  

Right along with the valley girl talk, saying "welcome to The View" 10 times before the show, her know it all attitude, treating cohosts like children, etc., etc. 

Oh my gosh in the beginning she was awful! Rolling her eyes at anything pop culture. If she was on the couch she would slide / slump down with her leg stretched out. Every damn time Stoney would come from back stage she was eating something . 

She yawned non stop. I think she was still doing her early morning radio show. She was a mess. 

Laughing because auto correct made they into Stoney 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Weird question here -- during the discussion about whether or not women find men attractive who resemble their fathers, did anyone hear a child say "Mommy" very loudly several times? Because it sure as heck is on my recorded version, and it's freaking me out. I thought it was a kid on the street the first time, and ran out to see if a child was running around alone at night. When I rewound, it came through again.

That is weird!  I didn't hear it but I am speculating that it was bored Whoopi.

• Love 1

Good for Sara. I had no idea, but I don't pay attention when they're walking out. I thought for sure the big announcement was going to be somebody leaving. That's what they said with both Raven's and Candace's big announcements that "changed View history!!1!"

• Love 2
On 6/19/2017 at 6:11 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

The presence of Kim Kartrashian in the lineup makes me want to boycott the whole week on principle. 

I watch online and the video player can't be fast-forwarded, so yeah. Fist salute!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

I had never heard Kim K's voice before so I wa appalled at how she sounded.  So nasal and the "you knows" every other word.  Maybe she could use some of that money for voice lessons.  I FF'd through most of her.

I did enjoy the author of the Osage book.  A friend of mine heard him speak about the book and said he was very good.   I found him really engaging - obviously enthusiastic about his story.  Wish he had had her 20+ minutes and she had gotten his 5 minutes....

Did they say Robert Deniro is back tomorrow?  I find him a dreadfully low-key guest - getting him to talk is like pulling teeth...

I'm happy for Sara also, but I don't think they aren't going to be Irish twins.  It's my understanding the second one has to come less than a year later.  I am much more interested in Joy's new dog - she loves them as much as I do...

Me too!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Good for Sara. I had no idea, but I don't pay attention when they're walking out. I thought for sure the big announcement was going to be somebody leaving. That's what they said with both Raven's and Candace's big announcements that "changed View history!!1!"

Oh, I forgot the announcer teased a history changing announcement. When she said that I immediately thought Whoopi was going to say she's leaving. So it is Sarah's kid?  What is history changing about that?  There have been several pregnant hosts. 

I made lunch while Kim was on. Blech.  Figures she'd get 2 segments while the very interesting Osage writer was rushed. 

• Love 3
(edited)

David Grann also wrote The Lost City of Z, abt duplicating a trip down the Amazon of a previous explorer who disappeared.  It's now a movie.  The book was great so I want to see the film. His new book abt the Osage was profiled on Sunday Morning and sounds incredibly racist and sad. He is a very  good writer though.  Wonder if Joy suggested him as a guest.

I watched Kim K cuz I was bored and don't usually watch anything Kardashian. Her vocal fry was painful, as was her "tan."   She's pushing a new makeup line. My adult son was passing by the tv and commented on how many times she said definitely. She was nice abt Caitlyn though.  I guess I'm good for my Kardashian fix for another 10 years.

I did notice that the camera showed the audience when she was walking out,  so I bet that she asked not to have a body shot.  Her hair looked flat and oily too,  and her real hair was sticking out from the extensions.  Artifice is strong in this one.  

Edited by Tosia
Tv is opium of the masses.
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

His new book abt the Osage was profiled on Sunday Morning and sounds incredibly racist and sad.

Just to be clear, the book isn't racist, it's about racism, and yes the story is incredibly sad.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I am much more interested in Joy's new dog - she loves them as much as I do...

Count me in on that. Personally, I would be more interested in someone adopting a shelter animal.

But that's just me.

• Love 6
On June 19, 2017 at 11:06 PM, ChicagoCita said:

I heard it too. I was watching it on YouTube and it freaked me out as well. Several people in the comment section also mentioned hearing it. 

• Love 1

Joy’s delusional ideal of bernie sanders would be cute if it wasn’t obnoxious. bernie’s message was so clear, he lost the nomination by 4 million votes.

Hey Joy, these seats were deeply red for decades, usually won by republicans by 20+ points and the Dems lost within 2-5 points. What were you expecting exactly. And guess what, Hillary did go into coal country and tell them that their jobs were not the future and what she wanted to do to move them in that direction and there was a big brouhaha about it. 

Selective memory loss is not cute either.

Please tell me what is so charismatic about trump and that Handel woman? ::crickets::

I like how they all say Dems need a better message but can’t come up with that supposed better message themselves. What is it? It is so easy to point out what you think is wrong but you can never provide any specific solutions. Sit down.

The problem with democrats like Joy is that they want their candidate to be every thing they want(charming, funny, glorious speaker, “likable”, etc) and get caught up in purity tests, meanwhile republicans get in line and just vote. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I heard it too. I was watching it on YouTube and it freaked me out as well. Several people in the comment section also mentioned hearing it. 

Thanks. I'm glad it wasn't just me or my DVR. (I believe in the paranormal.) Crazy stuff!

I thought Joy was incredibly rude when they were talking to Bloomberg abpout how he said he would pay the $15 million to honour the commitment to the Peace Accord, if the government didn't.  She said, that's a drop in the bucket to you, and he said, it's real money. 

I found that whole discussion about Hillary and the Democrats tiresome. 

• Love 7

I was surprised at Joy's comment. Seemed very tone-deaf. And he's right, $15 million is real money. (I would loathe anyone who said it isn't.) I think she should have thanked him, because whether it's .00001% of someone's net worth, or everything in their portfolio, it's an incredibly generous thing to donate.

I don't know anything about Bloomberg's politics, but he seemed like a rational, intelligent person. I was impressed.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bannana said:

thought Joy was incredibly rude when they were talking to Bloomberg abpout how he said he would pay the $15 million to honour the commitment to the Peace Accord, if the government didn't.  She said, that's a drop in the bucket to you, and he said, it's real money. 

While I understand Joy's frustration with things for a private citizen like Bloomberg to offer up $15 million dollars to honor a commitment that Trump won't I say we should welcome it.

• Love 6

OMG!    It's the WHOOPI SHOW!     I tuned on (DVR) and Whoopi's so damned LOUD.  Interrupting everyone (here's the thing) with all of her righteous declarations.  This was in the first five minutes.  Soon they were all talking over each other and being LOUD.  I turned it off.  I'll come back when it's not so hot here in the Phoenix area.

• Love 1

I deleted Tuesday and today's show without watching after reading posts describing them here. I'm getting to the point where it feels like it's a chore to watch the show again. While I love Joy sometimes her behavior has worried me in regards to her health. It's like she's not "there" as much she used to be. It's hard for me to describe in words but she's different then she was even a few years ago.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

OMG!    It's the WHOOPI SHOW!     I tuned on (DVR) and Whoopi's so damned LOUD.  Interrupting everyone (here's the thing) with all of her righteous declarations.  This was in the first five minutes.  Soon they were all talking over each other and being LOUD.  I turned it off.  I'll come back when it's not so hot here in the Phoenix area.

And when she's not handing down pronouncements she is completely disengaged, so that Sunny has to draw her out by directly asking her her opinion.  Of course that always leads to a pronouncement and end of discussion.

• Love 8

I like Joy, but her Bernie blinders were on today. I was actually glad that Whoopi shouted them all down today because I had no interest in hearing that load of bullshit about Hillary not having a message. 

Michael Bloomberg was a good interview. I missed the Izzard interview, but that was probably for the best.

• Love 11