Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Wasn't Konstantin her contact with the 12, and the one who did the assignments?    The new handler, and Villanelle certainly make an interesting pair.     I really got a kick out of Julian's mother, and her tottering down the road was funny.         Konstantin returns, that was still a surprise, even if I suspected he wasn't dead.     I hope they don't kill Nico off.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Pretty sure she called the 12's secret number before she tried calling Eve via MI6. They basically told her "wrong number" but then sent a new handler to get her since she was so sloppy by using an unsecure phone line. Odds are she'll kill the new handler eventually. Maybe this time it'll stick since it didn't with Konstantin.

• Love 6

I thought this was an underwhelming episode. Villanelle obviously wasn't going to be imprisoned by the crazy doll dude for any real length of time, and making him a creepy nutjob feels like a cheat so that we don't actually feel bad that she totally manipulated and then killed him. That said, I do like seeing Villanelle wrong-footed--I know I say this all the time, but she's far more interested when things aren't going her way and she's got to get by on her wits and scrap to survive. Not so easy when your face is a little bruised and you don't have fancy clothes, is it? Oh, and it'll be interesting to see her navigate the psycho new handler. Villanelle's definitely going to kill him at some point, but he seems like he could be a worthy foe in the meantime.

Villanelle does have style, I'll give her that--the apple and then the toilet brush (especially the former) were inspired.

Eve's stuff this episode was a big bag of boring. I'm assuming Elena isn't back because the actress had other commitments, but I'm not interested in the new team and not interested in a new second female assassin. Kenny is still fun but other than that, meh. And who doesn't look (even briefly?!) at a car passing them by?! Oh, and it feels like the stuff with Eve's husband is totally retreading last season. It's like last season never happened for them.

Totally not surprised Konstantin is still alive, but I'm happy about it--the show would've really lost something without him. Getting him back in the mix will (hopefully) help.

There are still moments where the show is trying too hard--the pig placenta moisturizer was one of them. On the other hand, when the annoying guy from the team walked in on Kenny and Eve freaking out and they just waited for him to go? THAT was hilarious and felt more like last season. And the "murder on the dance floor" line was inspired.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on the show, but we're a quarter of the way through the season and it feels like it's just spinning its wheels.

ETA: Would it be possible for those who have access to the new episodes on Friday evenings to spoiler-tag their reactions until the rest of us have seen it Sunday? I clicked in the thread earlier and realized there were spoilers and hastily exited.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 7

This episode felt really weird to me! I really just sat there for 40 minutes waiting for Villanelle to kill the creep and pretty much didn't pay real attention to anything else until Konstantin appeared....I might have to do a rewatch....

I'm a total moron as well ... I yelled out "Bill!!" before the Konstantin reveal....why?? lol

• Love 1
10 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Would it be possible for those who have access to the new episodes on Friday evenings to spoiler-tag their reactions until the rest of us have seen it Sunday? I clicked in the thread earlier and realized there were spoilers and hastily exited.

The general spoiler policy on the forum is that once an episode is legally available, it is fair game for discussion without spoiler tags. It sucks for shows like this that have only one discussion thread (rather than separate threads for each episode), but it's something we have to deal with for several shows that make their episodes available on demand, online, or in some other way before the official air date, including Killing Eve (The Act is another single thread show that's currently in the same situation).

• Love 4

It didn't take long for "Dozen, Inc." to change thier minds and send Raymond to pick her up Villanelle. He sure got there quick.

If she didn't come out the house, how long was he going to wait in the car?

Was Julian made to be crazy so we wouldn't feel sorry for his expected death?  

What ws the point of stuffing the brush in his mouth?

So Villanelle is only responsible for the kills we saw on screen last season? And the other kills mentioned at the MI6 meeting in the earlier episodes last season go to the other?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

What ws the point of stuffing the brush in his mouth?

So Villanelle is only responsible for the kills we saw on screen last season? And the other kills mentioned at the MI6 meeting in the earlier episodes last season go to the other?

The toilet brush was another sign to Eve, like the apple. When Villanelle broke into Eve’s house last year, Eve threatened her with a toilet brush in the bathroom before Villanelle subdued her and they had dinner.

I’m actually guessing that the kills mentioned last year were all Villanelle’s, precisely because they were noticeable. The second assassin’s whole point is NOT to be noticed. The team would never know about her if it weren’t for Nadia (and how the hell did SHE know?).

As we have speculated about Eve and Villanelle teaming up, I wonder if Carolyn will recruit Villanelle to help her team take down the second assassin. It was notable to me that the new handler from the Twelve said to Villanelle something like “circumstances have changed” when she asked why the Twelve were helping her and that was exactly what Carolyn said to Eve to explain her being brought back into the fold last season.

• Love 8

I can't remember if this was in Episode 1 or Episode 2, but I particularly enjoyed the way they "explained" the casting change for "woman of color on MI6 team." (I'm sure the character and the actress both had a name, but I don't know it.) It's almost like they didn't even try. (Well, no, it's exactly like they didn't even try.) This was the writers' room conversation: "The audience for this show is smart and is going to totally see through any explanation we give--they'll know we just needed to make a casting change--so let's not insult their intelligence by asking them to seriously accept any reason."

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I can't remember if this was in Episode 1 or Episode 2, but I particularly enjoyed the way they "explained" the casting change for "woman of color on MI6 team." (I'm sure the character and the actress both had a name, but I don't know it.)

Kirby Howell-Baptiste is the actress and she's been rather busy. She has a recurring role on The Good Place and also a small part on Barry. And, from imdb I see that she also is in a number of episodes of the new Veronica Mars series. I don't know whether the filming of those shows overlaps w/ that of Killing Eve, but I'm sure it would be tough to fly from LA to London once a week if they did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Kirby Howell-Baptiste is the actress and she's been rather busy. She has a recurring role on The Good Place and also a small part on Barry. And, from imdb I see that she also is in a number of episodes of the new Veronica Mars series. I don't know whether the filming of those shows overlaps w/ that of Killing Eve, but I'm sure it would be tough to fly from LA to London once a week if they did.

I had a feeling that was her. (If I were looking at Season 1 now, I would know that was her, but it's been a while.) And my feeling that it was her reinforced my intuition that the character change was necessitated by a casting change. (And that the writer gave us credit for realizing this, so didn't bother coming up with much of an excuse.)

Edited by Milburn Stone

Random observation: We learned last year that Carolyn lives like a pig in hotel rooms. (It seems like we weren't meant to infer that the unholy mess in there was the result of a night of wild sex with Konstantin.) Yet we saw last night that her house is immaculate. So I guess she only lets her inner slob out when she's on the road.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone help me. Now, I'm confused.  Who killed the woman in the rest room who was persuaded to try the new perfume and then went into anaphylactic shock? 

Villanelle

We've seen Carolyn's home before in Season 1 - that's when Eve discovered who her son was.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Random observation: We learned last year that Carolyn lives like a pig in hotel rooms. (It seems like we weren't meant to infer that the unholy mess in there was the result of a night of wild sex with Konstantin.) Yet we saw last night that her house is immaculate. So I guess she only lets her inner slob out when she's on the road.

I don't know, I could totally see Carolyn having a cleaning person (or several) come in every day to keep her house spotless. I also would not be surprised if one of poor Kenny's chores around the house is "pick up after Mum."

Kenny is going to have a magnificent explosion at Carolyn one day...or end up like creepy doll dude, minus the creepy.

• Love 6

Carolyn: Do you want a cheese puff?
Kenny: Did you bring them with you?
Carolyn: Always.
Kenny: Are they the normal flavor?
Carolyn: Well, there's only one cheese puff flavor.
Kenny. Oh. OK. No thanks

Think Kenny is doing okay considering who his mother is.....

• Love 8

What an odd episode, especially the plot with Villanelle crashing with some random creepy guy with a doll fetish. That being said, I do like when things dont go Villanelles way right away, or she has to improvise to get out of a problem. It was almost like she wandered into a totally different genre for a second, before she found her handler and got back into her dark dramady home. 

The second female assassin sound like an interesting foil to Villanelle and her quirky over the top shenanigans. With her around, and her rough start with her new handler, I feel like we are heading towards Villanelle and Eve teaming up to take her down, maybe even entering into an uneasy alliance with MI6. I mean, Villanelle would probably be just as happy killing for them as she would for these guys, she just wants to kill people and get enough money to buy nice clothes and stuff. She is a woman of simple needs, in her own way.

• Love 6

I do think this last episode did a good job at demonstrating how a fake person like that man, who outwardly was a good citizen, could be incredibly narcissistic and controlling. People like that can be a handful, EVEN for a seasoned killer!!!  Some REAL nice women marry guys that like and have to tolerate them for years! lol

I don't buy the toilet bowl message though.  With her injury and weakened state, I can't imagine you would exert effort to do anything other than survive.  Extras would not be a priority, imo.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do think this last episode did a good job at demonstrating how a fake person like that man, who outwardly was a good citizen, could be incredibly narcissistic and controlling. People like that can be a handful, EVEN for a seasoned killer!!!  Some REAL nice women marry guys that like and have to tolerate them for years! lol

I don't buy the toilet bowl message though.  With her injury and weakened state, I can't imagine you would exert effort to do anything other than survive.  Extras would not be a priority, imo.  

A handful? Jesus, he was insane! He was keeping his mother prisoner and he had every intention of doing the same to V. Thank god, she's the ruthless killer she is, anyone else would have been raped and tortured to death.

• Love 10

Here's a good rule of thumb: If you enter someone's house and see a lot of creepy dolls, turn around and run out of the house. Don't think. Don't speak. Just run. If you drop something, leave it. And run. If your friend or family member slips and falls, leave them. And run. Similar to what you should do if you enter a house and are confronted by a ghost.

10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The second female assassin sound like an interesting foil to Villanelle and her quirky over the top shenanigans. With her around, and her rough start with her new handler, I feel like we are heading towards Villanelle and Eve teaming up to take her down, maybe even entering into an uneasy alliance with MI6. I mean, Villanelle would probably be just as happy killing for them as she would for these guys, she just wants to kill people and get enough money to buy nice clothes and stuff. She is a woman of simple needs, in her own way.

There definitely looks like a confrontation be a'coming down the line.

Spoiler

The show's been renewed for a third season. For V. to remain on the show, there will likely need to be some working w/ MI6 or else Eve and the team will just look like incompetents.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

And hey—if she ends up Eve’s co-worker, she would even get someone to watch movies with!

• Love 2
On 4/15/2019 at 8:41 AM, mxc90 said:

Was Julian made to be crazy so we wouldn't feel sorry for his expected death?  

Why would the writers need for us to not feel sorry for him in order to kill him? The previous episode we saw her snap the neck of a child who had just lost both his parents in a car accident. He was nice to her and sympathetic all the way up till he died (and he still died). Even if Julian had been a nice old caring man more likely than not he would have died. Villanelle will kill nice people and not nice people as she has done since we have met her, it's all the same to her...and I don't think the writers are all that concerned about making us feel like the victims deserved it somehow. 

I find it funny that some people are opposed to any type of romance between Eve and Vill because she killed Bill and not because she is a psycho murderer lol. I know her being a psycho murderer is a turn on for Eve but maybe having killed Bill will be a turn on too (in some twisted way in her head). It's just interesting how people think that is a deal breaker, it may be...but maybe not. 

Edited by jvr
  • Love 7

The toilet bowl brush message was for Eve...

Remember Eve comically tried to defend herself against Villanelle with her toilet bowl brush when she broke into Eve's bathroom last season...

This season's hilarious fashion humiliation of Villanelle continues... the hideous clothing stolen from the laundromat and the old lady nightgown borrowed Julian's mother.

Cannot stop saying...

"Want a hottie bottie?"

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, jvr said:

Why would the writers need for us to not feel sorry for him in order to kill him? The previous episode we saw her snap the neck of a child who had just lost both his parents in a car accident. He was nice to her and sympathetic all the way up till he died (and he still died). Even if Julian had been a nice old caring man more likely than not he would have died. Villanelle will kill nice people and not nice people as she has done since we have met her, it's all the same to her...and I don't think the writers are all that concerned about making us feel like the victims deserved it somehow. 

I find it funny that some people are opposed to any type of romance between Eve and Vill because she killed Bill and not because she is a psycho murderer lol. I know her being a psycho murderer is a turn on for Eve but maybe having killed Bill will be a turn on too (in some twisted way in her head). It's just interesting how people think that is a deal breaker, it may be...but maybe not. 

Boldface above, I just don't get this and perhaps, it will prevent me from fully appreciating this series.  From what I have read, the premise of the show is this obsession/love affair/sexual attraction or whatever you call it, by Eve with Villianelle. (I do get how Villainelle may feel that way about Eve, because, she's a sociopathic killer, but, not Eve, who seems more reasonable.  Maybe, I'm just not capable of getting that. So, depending on what happens, it might not be a show that I end up following. 

• Love 2

I do like how Villanelle completely misread Julian. She's a predator, one relatively gifted at reading her victims, and yet he had her underestimating him for quite some time. Even with all the red flags. It was an interesting reminder that even in this world of spies and assassins, there are still run-of-the-mill abductors, murderers, and abusers.

Edited by slf
  • Love 14
On 4/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, peacheslatour said:

A handful? Jesus, he was insane! He was keeping his mother prisoner and he had every intention of doing the same to V. Thank god, she's the ruthless killer she is, anyone else would have been raped and tortured to death.

His mother had denentia and was prone to wandering the streets at night. That’s why there were all the locks on the doors and windows. It was to keep her safe rather than as a prisoner. 

Yes he was a creep and was likely going to keep V against her will, but the locks were likely a necessity. 

• Love 4
Just now, Ceindreadh said:

His mother had denentia and was prone to wandering the streets at night. That’s why there were all the locks on the doors and windows. It was to keep her safe rather than as a prisoner. 

Yes he was a creep and was likely going to keep V against her will, but the locks were likely a necessity. 

We only have his word for that and I wouldn't believe that creep if he said water is wet. In fact at one point V even said "Aha, you're faking it!" He hid all the knives probably because his mother tried to kill his scary ass to get the hell out of that torture dungeon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Did anyone's arm hairs stand up when Julian said he would have to tell the pharmacy the sanitary pads were for his "girlfriend."

Nothing is going Villanelle's way so far...she is sicker and in more peril than when she got Julian to first take her in....

Thinking Julian's mom's neck would have been snapped like Gabriel's  but mom isn't totally out of it...her dementia ebbs and flows....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:
1 hour ago, Ceindreadh said:

We only have his word for that and I wouldn't believe that creep if he said water is wet. In fact at one point V even said "Aha, you're faking it!" He hid all the knives probably because his mother tried to kill his scary ass to get the hell out of that torture dungeon.

I think the mother part was true. Depending on how far along the dementia was, she could have been in and out of lucidness. There's nothing unusual about that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

He doesn't need to nail shut and/or keep locked every window in the house to keep his mother safe, if he was already locking her in her room at night.  Also, given he unplugged the phone immediately and took it away when he realized Villanelle was using it, suggests that the locks were less about keeping a dementia patient safe, and more about ensuring a person couldn't leave or call for help if that was what they wanted.    

• Love 10

Based on what Julian's mother started to say to Villanelle (hinting that Julian maybe isn't an entirely good person) I suspect Julian was keeping his mother prisoner and she either started to lose her mind or really did end up developing dementia. I don't think it was either/or, I think it was both. Julian was always a freak.

I feel like the show has Eve kind of doing the same stuff she did last season.

Edited by slf
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, txhorns79 said:

He doesn't need to nail shut and/or keep locked every window in the house to keep his mother safe, if he was already locking her in her room at night.  Also, given he unplugged the phone immediately and took it away when he realized Villanelle was using it, suggests that the locks were less about keeping a dementia patient safe, and more about ensuring a person couldn't leave or call for help if that was what they wanted.    

This. My dad has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The memory care home he lives in does not nail windows shut nor do they take away phones or lock people in their rooms. I think he was going to pull a Norman Bates on his mother and probably stab V to death in the shower. And by the way he acted, she wouldn't have been the first. 

• Love 5

S2.E3: The Hungry Caterpillar

Villanelle's new circumstances are looking bleak; Eve makes a dangerous deal with an old acquaintance; Villanelle is surprised when she is approached by a figure from her past.

Promo:

Clip:

Original air date: 4/21/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

I wondered why she veered into an English accent when she met Julian's mother.

I think she was still aware that Julian was in the house, so to not be suspicious she spoke in english accent. But when the mother told her to be careful, it seemed to me that she went back to her usual russian accent.

I like her new handler. He is not afraid of her at all. He put her in her place. (And I loved, LOVED, the actor in Phoebe's old series Crashing.)

While Konstantin was always worried for his life and his kid's, and he was always aware when around Villanelle: that led me to think maybe he was in The 12 as a spy and that is why he was very protective of not being caught by her, or anyone.

I wonder if the mother wandering around will be a worry to anyone but me. She has dementia, but still...

I think Eve's attraction to Villanelle is about seeing herself capable of being Villanelle also. Remember the first episode of the series, when she asks her husband how he would murder her? She has her method already planned.

And this past episode, the second episode, she tells her husband she couldn't handle the necropsy room, her husband says she isn't entirely heartless. She seems surprised, but I think Eve comes off to everyone as being capable of murder. Maybe Carolyne saw that. She haven't acted on it, but she thinks exactly like a killer.

Maybe that is why stabbing Villanelle scared her so much. To know she can do it.

• Love 5

Again, the voice of Phoebe Waller-Bridge is missed, although this episode was enjoyable. It just doesn't feel the same as last year yet, although I'm hoping as it gets going more, I will be more excited by it again. I'm not re-watching as much as last year yet.

Have we found out yet what was in Nadia's note to Eve?

• Love 2

Konstantin: You think [Villanelle] loves you? Then make her hate you. Hate is something she understands. It's manageable. Look at what happens to the peope she loves. She loves you to death. Look at Anna, Nadia, and look at me.

Villanelle: It's my dad's fiftieth birthday. I want to get him something special. I've been saving up. This [tie] is perfect. Where's it from?
Greg Richardson: Hermès.
Villanelle: No, it's not. It's a fake.

Nico: What's happening?
Eve: I made you breakfast.
Nico: What did you do? Did you murder someone?
Eve: No! I just thought it would be nice.
Nico: Thank you. I'm sorry. This looks delicious. What is it?
Eve: An omelette.
Nico: If you wanted to show your devotion, you could just do the easy thing.
Eve: No, I gotta go to work. Later, I promise.
Nico: I'll just masturbate onto this omelette then, I guess.
Eve: Okay! Love you!

Villanelle: Guess how many semen stains are on the bed? Seven - not including the one on the pillow.

Jemma: We were starting to tease Nico about his imaginary wife.
Nico: She's an astronaut.
Jemma: Like an astronaut Playboy model.
Eve: She sounds better than your actual wife.
Nico: Oh, she is.

Villanelle: Do you think [Nico] likes you too?
Jemma: Dunno. Sometimes, maybe.
Villanelle: Maybe? He just needs a little push. Squirt your perfume in his room so it always smells like you. Flatter him. Make him doubt hs wife.
Jemma: Sounds a bit manipulative.
Villanelle: It is. That's why it works. Or you can do nothing and die alone. Do you have cats?
Jemma: I have a cat, yes.
Villanelle: Yeah, maybe you should just get another one.

Eve: Omigawd, Pythagoras - he's the sexiest.
Nico: I'm more of a Newton man myself. You could run your fingers through that hair all day.

Villanelle: This is a terrible hug.
Konstantin: Then maybe you shouldn't have shot me.
Villanelle: You're not still mad about that? I aimed to make sure I didn't kill you.
Konstantin: No, you didn't. You aimed at my heart.
Villanelle: Yeah, I did. Nice and clean, just like you taught me. I'm sorry.

Konstantin: You know how Raymond gets paid?
Villanelle: Ugly jackets?

Carolyn: I don't normally get angry, Eve. It just makes me sleepy so you'll just have to imagine that I sound rather angry when I saw this - never ever go behind my back again, ever. You are ny no means the only person I work with but you take up a disproportionate amount of my time, and my time is very valuable to me. I have hobbies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Didn't VIllanelle kill someone with poisoned lipstick last season? Or was that perfume? At any rate, it seemed really naive/stupid of Eve to decide to put on that lipstick that she KNEW Villanelle put in her bag.

Villanelle encouraging Jemma to manipulate Nico was shady as hell, but totally Villanelle - especially when she asked Jemma if she has any cats.

Loved Villanelle singing "Listen to Your Heart" (badly) in the car.

Poor Kenny. Everyone he spends time with has become a jerk.

• Love 8
On 4/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, Loandbehold said:

This brings to mind Jack Nicholson's line in Prizzi's Honor, when talking about fellow hitman/woman Anjelica Huston's character he asks, "Do I love her? Do I kill her?" Eve has to figure out the answer to that question for herself.

The fellow hitman/woman was played by Kathleen Turner.  Sorry for the nitpick, but I couldn't let it pass, Prizzi's Honor is one of my favorite movies.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The fellow hitman/woman was played by Kathleen Turner.  Sorry for the nitpick, but I couldn't let it pass, Prizzi's Honor is one of my favorite movies.

You're right. My bad. Thanks for the correction. I still got the movie correct, so am giving myself half-points. 

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jodie Comer interview on Ellen:

Wow, I'd forgotten what a dreadful interviewer Ellen DeGeneres is.  Apart from anything, it was so apparent that she knew nothing about the actor or the show.

• Love 5

I got bored halfway through last season and now I am bored still.  I need this to pick up really soon.  At this point I am hoping the husband tries to do something to Eve!  Of course they have to ruin her marriage to make her obsession with V more acceptable.  You would think she would provide a little more security for her husband knowing a nut job is obsessed with her. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Didn't VIllanelle kill someone with poisoned lipstick last season? Or was that perfume? At any rate, it seemed really naive/stupid of Eve to decide to put on that lipstick that she KNEW Villanelle put in her bag. 

I don't know, the last time Villanelle sent Eve stuff she got some bangin' clothes and makeup out of it. That's what made the scene so delightful--Villanelle knew Eve would put the lipstick on because she put the dress on and there were no traps last time.

Villanelle killed someone (actually two someones) with poisoned perfume.

Overall, I thought this episode was miles better than last episode, and maybe even stronger than the premiere, though the show definitely still misses Phoebe Waller-Bridge--it's just not the same without her, there's something a little off. But there was more to build on this episode. Konstantin and Villanelle being reunited is the one truly GOOD reset the show has done (love that Konstantin brought back the music from last season!); in many ways, they are each other's best screen partners, and I like their twisted father/daughter relationship. And the idea of them being free agents and quasi on the run is interesting to me, especially if it involves Villanelle hanging out with Konstantin's daughter again--though I also thought that last scene with Carolyn MASSIVELY foreshadowed either that Konstantin and Villanelle will eventually join forces with MI-6 *or* that Eve will go rogue and join them. The "pick a side and stick to it" was just so obviously anvilicious.

More broadly, I'm wondering if the Twelve decided to re-employ Villanelle (however briefly) because they feared her going to MI-6, and/or suspected that Konstantin was alive and in MI-6 custody. I'm also wondering whether either of the two new teammates is a leak. It seems highly coincidental that right after the team figured out about the Ghost (I guess that is what we are calling the new assassin), the Twelve suddenly know about her too.

I AM getting a kick out of the Romeo and Juliet setup the show is using for Eve and Villanelle, especially since Konstantin actually does have affection for, if not both, at least Villanelle--so at least some of his warnings must be BS. But with that said, I also hope the super fan fiction-y "they almost come face to face" stuff is dialed back in the next few episodes (Villanelle seeing Eve out the car window last week, the purse drop (beyond ridiculous) and door this week). Not only is it way too over the top, the show is actually cheapening the value of the next actual Eve/Villanelle face-to-face meeting. You need to let the tension build. Going to the "they almost see each other" well too many times deflates the tension, it doesn't build it.

The Niko stuff is killing me. Do this season's writers live in an alternate universe where the Niko stuff wasn't, by far, the worst part of the show last season? We are replaying literally exactly the same beats as last season. I am beyond uninterested with any and everything to do with Niko, and am worried that they are going to make him a cheater to let Eve off the hook to some degree. This episode got way more interesting the moment we ditched Niko. The show would probably achieve the same effect from doing the same.

Carolyn wins all the Worst Mother of the Year awards. Poor, poor Kenny.

Eve’s weird school girl crush is ruining this show.

But Eve's school girl crush has always been the premise and engine of the show. 😉

Have we found out yet what was in Nadia's note to Eve?

I believe it was the name of the guy who the Ghost murdered while pretending to be his pedicurist.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

... it seemed really naive/stupid of Eve to decide to put on that lipstick that she KNEW Villanelle put in her bag. 

I actually thought Eve was going to find a tracking device in the lipstick.  But did her handler put a tracker on Eve outside of the school/college?

Is the blood drip in the Killing Eve graphic going down different letters this season or did it always do that?  I always thought it only went down the letter V. 

• Love 1