Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, Prower said:

The ending of season 1 was dumb. That is all.

I thought so too. I binged over the weekend, had the last episode left but really no desire to watch it and when I did, total let down.  The characters are very hard to like and they annoy so much its hard to be entertained by them, though there are some moments. Bill I liked but he didn't last long and Kenny and Elena. Sandra Oh is very good but I don't like her character or Villianelle. I thought this show would be right up my alley but I was bored and just kept thinking can't stand any of these people.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Grumpymonkey said:

I thought so too. I binged over the weekend, had the last episode left but really no desire to watch it and when I did, total let down.  The characters are very hard to like and they annoy so much its hard to be entertained by them, though there are some moments. Bill I liked but he didn't last long and Kenny and Elena. Sandra Oh is very good but I don't like her character or Villianelle. I thought this show would be right up my alley but I was bored and just kept thinking can't stand any of these people.

I also don't think they sufficiently established that Eve had gone that far off the deep end. Yes, she was obsessed with Villianelle to some extend, but going to her apartment alone and then that "I love you, I hate you" stuff, I kinda wanted to vomit a bit. Villianelle killed a good friend of Eve's. I don't think anybody would get over that who isn't a psychopath themselves and Eve doesn't seem like one. She just has some kind of obsessive personality disorder.

Had the friend-killing not happened, maybe I could have bought the whole thing, but this way it seemed like too much of a stretch.

Edited by Prower
  • Love 1

Season two wasn't that great either. Imo they should have been done with V after season one. I get it, everybody loves the actress and she does great work, but the character just isn't that interesting. I would have loved to follow Eve chasing somebody else.

would have been way nicer if V would have died from her wound instead of just walking it off... well at least it was a clean stab with a small blade an she got stiches and antibbiotics. Not like one Arya Stark who got a big ass knife to the gut, got it twisted around, jumped into sewer water an was completely fine without any antibiotics, no infection whhatsoever. (yes I'm still bitter abbout that one))

At least at the end of the season it became clear why MI6 would use an assasine when they have many other capable assets around. Plausible denyabbility. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out before the last episode.

But in the last episode, Eve is very, very dumb again. I could have seen that one coming. She should have too. Good thing in this show everybody always magically survives getting shot or stabbed, as long as they are main characters.

• Love 1

Season two was a chore to get through. For me Eve came across as a complete idiot/jerk most of the time. I don't understand her obsession at all. It bothers me that after Villianelle killed Bill that she still has this fascination with her. It doesn't make sense. Never should have killed Bill if they were trying to sell this  "connection."  Villianelle is a psychopath that has entertaining lines at times, but at the end of the day, I want her in jail or dead. I can't stand her character. I think its probably unpopular but I also felt bad for Eve's husband too. It doesn't come across onscreen that she loves him, not the way he loves her and then she's mad when he leaves? I don't get that and felt bad for the guy. Also didn't like Hugo or Jess and didn't think they added anything to the show. I missed Elena. Kenny I still enjoyed even though I thought Eve treated him like crap. I wish I liked this show more but so much of it bothers me.

Edited by Grumpymonkey
  • Love 3