Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Eye Of The Beholder / S03.E02: The New Frontier

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The scene with the rats was hysterically bad. They were there all this time and this is the first time that they heard the noise. Worse yet, he sticks his head in to a dark hole in the wall.

I got the impression that the rats were driven further into the building by the zombies who came into the sewers when Nick pushed down that barrier. I didn't think they'd always been there, at least not in those numbers.

8 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Nick's mastered the one or two face smears of walker blood to completely disguise himself so he can go all Dances With Walkers and lived to tell about it on a couple of occasions now, so no it wouldn't surprise me if he really does think that.  

The ease with which they use this trick is ridiculous. Smear it across your forehead and cheeks and that makes you invisible? Are the writers reacting to the criticism some have had for the mothershow that people should use the gore disguise more often? If so, they should at least make it a little more...extensive? It shouldn't be that easy.

8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It is pretty much set up for Strand and Madison to hook up.  Whether that potential relationship would fair much better than Madison and Travis, only time will tell.  It is rather amazing that it has taken this much time for them to finally end the Madison and Travis experiment.  It was a complete bust from the start.  I just think they made a huge mistake by keeping Madison and bumping off Travis.  They probably should have kept Travis and bumped off Madison.

Ooh, then Strand and Travis could hook up? 

• Love 2

This is a show that screams out to be shared with others of a similar snark level.  I stumbled on the "TWO HOUR SEASON PREMIERE!!" by accident, and then yikes, my internet was down.  So I just sat here chortling to myself about Nick's straggly hair and the inevitability of that Desperate Housewife swandiving off the balcony.  Strand!

Sad we had to lose Travis, and I thought it was a shame not one of them stretched out a hand in his direction during their little family reunion hug.  Humph, ingrates.

At last, Noel Fisher reaps a satisfactory conclusion.  Wow, did that guy decide to corner the market for smug psycho roles?

Finally, Madison cracked me up by repeatedly insisting that she's going to take care of everything and the kids just need to follow her lead.  Heeeee.  I laughed like a loon at the part where she maneuvers Nick into a mother-son embrace so he can discover she has a gun.  "Psst, Nick--I scored a piece!"  No?  Just me?

[Sidenote:  did anyone catch Alicia on TD, when Cliff Curtis was praising Kim Dickens?  She focused on the ceiling, then scrutinized the floor.  Her eyes did everything but roll out of her head.  LOL]

I'm glad it's back!

• Love 4

I'm just coming off The Leftovers finale and imagining a universe where Carrie C*** had gotten the Madison role. Nora Durst is everything the writers want Madison to be. 

It is a shame (okay, not for him) that Cliff Curtis got the Avatar role because in a choice between Madison vs. Travis, I definitely would have preferred him as the lead. I also think it would have been an interesting dynamic if Madison died and Travis would go to the ends of the earth to keep her children safe. That would have continued the "blended family," dynamic that now is completely done. And that means a potential Chris return is now firmly dead. 

• Love 3

I realize this is the apocalypse and the pickings are slim, but, all these guys are telling Madison she is remarkable and they want her with them ?! They could have used that mannequin to play Madison's role and it wouldn't have been any different. In fact, all the actors on this show seem to be phoning in their performances. 

Travis final scene could have been so much better. Travis and Alicia just stared at each other- I kept waiting for Travis to say " tell Maddie I'm sorry" or " " tell your mom I love her", but....nada. The scene was confusing too, as it wasn't entirely clear if he had been bitten or shot. 

When the group got separated when that base got overrun you would think they might have yelled something to each other?! Like see ya back at the ranch! In the Z A you never know when and if you will see your family again. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if this season will finally mutter the words "Gaia Theory" yet? Reading TWD comic and watching parts of the show, it is pretty clear Kirkman's cause of the "zombification" of humanity was the Earth itself. It tired of the capitalistic rat race, the destruction of its ecosphere, the loss of tribe of humanity. Basically a Malthusian nightmare endgame. Maybe the Otto character will say it. Survivalist and Eco-Terrorist ideology have a crossing point in my experience back in the 70's and 80's.

Of course Otto's gang of Millies will have a dark secret. It sounds like at first, Madison and her Kids will be intoxicated by the group's plans, then come to "Jesus" that they can't accept how they do it.

Edited by Folk
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, candall said:

[Sidenote:  did anyone catch Alicia on TD, when Cliff Curtis was praising Kim Dickens?  She focused on the ceiling, then scrutinized the floor.  Her eyes did everything but roll out of her head.  LOL]

I did. How telling was that? I'm trying to remember if Kim was this bad in Deadwood but it was too long ago. I'd have to re watch a few to see.

Agree about Madison treating Nick like he's the second coming. Wasn't this guy a useless, lying, stealing junkie POS? Mummy has a short memory.

• Love 2

After last summer i said to myself i wasnt gonna watch this show anymore and was just gonna watch the walking dead but then i stopped watching the walking dead a few episodes in too so i thought well thats it for that universe. Summer time is slow for shows for me so i decided to watch these two episodes give it a shot with the bar lowered and i dont have to watch the walking dead for this one but man i still donno if i can/want to do it.

I liked the first episode what with all the action and travis killing all the scenes he was in it distracted from all the bad stuff in the episode but the second episode/set up for the season does not make me hopeful that it will improve. I didnt know the actor that plays travis got another job so i was shocked they killed him (not in a good way though what a waste of all they have done with his character and one of the three good main actors they had).

I think nick is a good actor for subtle looks/regular parts but he cant do extreme emotions just like madison (so i can believe they are mother and son ha). Alicia and strand are good actors all around they make me feel in this show but they are like side characters and the guest stars are also good but they get killed off quick.

Maybe ill check out one more seeing as i dont have much new stuff or maybe ill just go back to rewatching stuff i donno but i do know i dont wanna keep watching a show that i have barely any positive things to say about it feels like a giant waste of my time and attention (thank you media!).

I was hoping you guys would convince me to keep going by putting a positive spin on things but i guess its not just me thats finding it hard to do. I hate shitting on a show every week so next episode (if i can) i feel needs to be good for me.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:46 AM, oakville said:

Unfortunately, you have to watch Talking Dead to find out key plot points about the show. I thought it looked like a bite as well. It would make sense that Travis was bit when he was in a pit of Zombies.

It is very clear that Travis was hit by a bullet in the neck.  He was OK when he got in the helicopter, then the shots started, and you can see the bleeding at his neck start.  

What wasn't clear was what happened with the blonde girl piloting the helicopter.  Because that seemed to be shot entirely in the dark.

I much preferred this to the stupid storm that TWD has turned into.  No Neeeeeegan.  No tigers.  No giant inconclusive battles.  No long rambling speeches.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

It is very clear that Travis was hit by a bullet in the neck.  He was OK when he got in the helicopter, then the shots started, and you can see the bleeding at his neck start.  

What wasn't clear was what happened with the blonde girl piloting the helicopter.  Because that seemed to be shot entirely in the dark.

I much preferred this to the stupid storm that TWD has turned into.  No Neeeeeegan.  No tigers.  No giant inconclusive battles.  No long rambling speeches.

In the Talking Dead, it was explained that he had been hit by a bullet that came through the floor, struck him in the  abdomen and exited through his neck (that actually is possible).

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

In the Talking Dead, it was explained that he had been hit by a bullet that came through the floor, struck him in the  abdomen and exited through his neck (that actually is possible).

See i thought he was bitten getting the chopper but was hiding it for some reason (didnt think that fit with his character) but that makes more sense (i dont watch talking dead so thanks). Im glad it wasnt just me so i dont feel dumb but it doesnt make the show better.

• Love 1

The Sunday Cable Ratings are in:

The news was not so good for the season premiere of “Fear the Walking Dead.” The first of two episodes at 9 p.m. tied a series low in adults 18-49 at 1.2, and the second hit new lows in both the 18-49 demographic (1.0) and viewers (2.7 million).

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD             AMC     9:00 PM     3,109     1.2
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD             AMC     10:03 PM     2,698     1.0

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-june-4-2017/

Was anyone else hoping Travis would accidentally take Alicia with him when he took a dive out of the chopper? Just me, okay then.

So is Troy, is that his name the spoon/eye guy trying to be the Governor of this show. And I guess his Dad is the poor man's Herschel.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

The Sunday Cable Ratings are in:

The news was not so good for the season premiere of “Fear the Walking Dead.” The first of two episodes at 9 p.m. tied a series low in adults 18-49 at 1.2, and the second hit new lows in both the 18-49 demographic (1.0) and viewers (2.7 million).

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD             AMC     9:00 PM     3,109     1.2
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD             AMC     10:03 PM     2,698     1.0

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-june-4-2017/

Ut-oh!!

Maybe it was me, but I didn't see any advertising for it in the weeks leading up to it. Normally, I do.

Maybe AMC was REAL happy that Cliff Curtis quit. They can save some money. I hear they were committed to Season 3, but afterwards....

• Love 1

I agree, the clear inference by my watch was that Travis was mortally wounded in the neck during the firefight.  It never occurred to me that he was revealing a previous bite wound.  Based on the simultaneity of the helicopter coming under fire and Travis suddenly experiencing severe hemorrhage from the side of his neck, any other implication for the cause of the wound would have been a very strange storytelling choice (but with these storytellers, perhaps I should not place them above any level of mediocrity).

I presumed with the helicopter severely damaged and Travis assuming that they were going down hard, he thought that removing his dead weight (pun intended) from the bird would give the others a better chance of landing safely; or he was afraid he might die and quickly turn thereby putting everyone else in the copter at risk - a heroic sacrifice either way.  I'm not sure which of those concerns was the character's primary motivation to exit the vehicle.  The hypothetical scenario that would settle that question is if the helicopter had not been damaged by the bullets and could continue on to its nearby destination, would Travis have been willing to hold on until they landed to see if his wounds could be tended, or would he have fallen anyway in order to avoid any potential of becoming a threat to Alicia and the others.  That one we'll never know.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, oakville said:

I would hope that the West Coast would be in better shape than the East Coast due to better weather overall.

This group without Maddie is keeping the hotel running.

I don't know, if the Apocalypse comes I think I'd rather be with a bunch of rednecks in Georgia than southern Cali people...lol  I think it is unrealistic that Maddie and Co. have just figured all this stuff out in the time it took Rick to first meet Morgan FFS.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Was anyone else hoping Travis would accidentally take Alicia with him when he took a dive out of the chopper? Just me, okay then.

So is Troy, is that his name the spoon/eye guy trying to be the Governor of this show. And I guess his Dad is the poor man's Herschel.

Count me in your camp regarding Alicia. I don't think she's any better an actor than most of the others, and her character periodically has just head-scratching lapses in judgment. She does have more potential than most of the characters, but she seldom has gotten close to realizing it.

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Will there be a love triangle Jake-Alicia-Troy? or all of the ranch people will be killed at the end of the season?

I'm sure that, somehow or other, a horde of zombies is going to overrun the ranch.

Spoiler

Ruben Blades is coming back this season, so maybe he causes it so as to rescue his daughter.

Edited by raven
added spoiler tag

Since FTWD is newly returned, as a courtesy to those who aren't following media, I spoiler tagged an item that normally would not be considered a spoiler on PTV.

• Love 2

Sigh.  This show would be so much more watchable if there were characters other than Strand that I found likeable.  I truly don't give a shit about any of them, even though most are decent actors (or at least actors who've performed well elsewhere).  I'm most dumbfounded by the under-utilization of Alycia Debnam-Carey, who absolutely killed it as Lexa on CW's The 100.  I actually find it offensive that they've wasted her talent.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gobi said:

Really?  It sure looked like his abdomen was chewed up in addition to the shot to the neck.  Oh, well, best of luck to Cliff Curtis with his new project.

To those criticizing Kim's acting, that's unfair. She did furrow her brow when told Travis was dead. Hey, she moved her face. It's a start.

• Love 7

Wow, totally forgot this was back, until I found it on my DVR.

Sad that they killed off Travis, who was a bit more interesting than Madison in the parenting demo. Plus he was sincerely kickass while she seems to blunder her way into surviving via luck and someone else helping her out of whatever pickle she's gotten herself into.

I wonder how long we will have with this "new" group of survivalists/supremacists/anti-society folks. I also think it's funny that Madison thinks she's going to go all Rick and Co. on Alexandria West and take it over with just her two kids.

Glad that Strand is still with us (so far anyway) and that returning character spoiler posted above. I'll stick it out for now.

I'm glad to find other people are finding this show as wretched as I do.  Alicia and Strand are the only interesting characters.

I was a little irritated to hear Madison talk about how they were going to stay and "take over the place" if they had to.  It was such a Rick thing to say, and while it's clear Madison has always been the Rick of this series, there are only three of them, and they don't have the fighters that Rick had.  

It's amazing to me that I can enjoy TWD so much while this show is just a big steaming pile of garbage.  You might ask well why watch it then?  Well, my girlfriend wants to watch it.  I don't think she enjoys it really, she just wants the shared experience.

I have said in the past I'd like to see them just kill off the entire cast and start from scratch.  Well, there are now only three of the original cast left, plus Strand.  Someone noted that they got rid of the "mixed" family members.  Kind of ironic since they've put such a Spanish spin on the show up until now.  I'm sure Cliff Curtis will be happier on Avatar.  

• Love 2

Ok - was I creeped out by:

• The zombies?  By now, of course not.
  • The rats?  Hardly - I just figured they were running from the zombies who got in the sewers after Nick knocked down the protective barricade.  Although I find it hard to believe a dozen or so infected wouldn't have already nudged over a barricade Nick tipped by his lonesome....
  • The melon-eye-baller action with the spoon?  Actually, I was mentally giving props to whatever demented SOB came up with the concept.

No, the only thing that creeped me out THIS episode was (envelope, please) Nick hugging Mommy Dearest - then slowly sliding his hand down Mommy's back, until he ran into... a gun...?

Dunno about yall - but as I was watching that bit, right up until the grip of the pistol was revealed I was channelling Ed Rooney hardcore:

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/5/2017 at 9:50 AM, SimoneS said:

The writing on the show is pretty terrible, but unless they have completely lost the plot, they were pretty much shouting that those people are white supremacists by their attitudes towards the Mexicans and Travis.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, william0102 said:

They were racists, how is this even a discussion?

-Visibly unhinged brother was killing black and brown people for "scientific" reasons.

-The white people could volunteer if they "wanted to help", everyone darker than tan had no choice.

-They wrote numbers on Travis and everyone's hand to identify them. (that sounds familiar prison/concentration camps, etc.)

-When VUBro talked to Madison and Alicia, he assumed Travis was the friend in Mexico with the place they stayed at- nowhere in his mind did he think that it was possible for Madison to be with a brown man.

-Then when he found out Travis was Maori, he automatically assumed Travis was from New Zealand, once again never considering that Travis could be from the U.S.

-Travis literally used his heritage to save Chris since they had never had "one of his kind" to experiment on.

-VUBro verbally attacking Travis about how he could protect and provide for Madison and Alicia better than him, implying that because he was white he was automatically better than Travis for any white woman.

-Then PapaBigot felt he had to ask Madison if Madison thought Travis would highjack transport (sounds familar?)

They are white supremacists, it has nothing to do with them being preppers. And the one brother who was somewhat decent is going to snap. I would bet that either he thinks the same deep down as his family, but because he's 'educated' he hides it to be morally superior to his family in the rest of the world's eyes; or, he snaps when Alicia rejects him somehow.

Everything you say is true - if the "they" both of you cite is applied to Troy and his TroyBoys.  That does not mean it is indicative of the entire rest of the camp, however.  In fact, the writing - as told through the characters of brother Jake and father (is it Russell or Jeremiah?  iMDb seems confused) - tells quite a different story:

• Early in his youth, Troy demonstrated behavior antisocial enough for his family to have to pull him from the public school system and "homeschool" him - which in Troy's case apparently meant leaving him free to roam around the family's ranch land at will.
  • The original purpose behind the visit to the military base had absolutely nothing to do with border patrols or ambushes on Mexicans crossing the border.  As Jake so vehemently stated to Troy in their conversation before leaving the base, the original mission on which Dad sent them was to simply go to the base, harvest whatever fuel they could find, and return home in a few days.  The border antics of Troy and his "volunteers" were purely extracurricular, and done out of sight of the rest of the scavenging party.  I believe it was Troy's boy Blake (he who got pulled through the rat wall) who said "but everybody knows", but I don't know if I would accept his words to his captives as gospel.
  • Troy is a significant disruptive influence within the prepper camp.  This is explicitly stated as a specific reason why Dad sends Troy on the scavenging missions - to remove Troy from the rest of the group.  I would expect this, if nothing else, carries a distinct implication that Troy's extremist views were not shared by the majority of the camp.

My own personal impressions of Troy's character development to date are such I expect his character's exposition to evolve in something resembling the following manner:

• The antisocial behavior which led to his expulsion/extraction from the public school system was at least partly racial in nature.
  • Being left to wander in virtual isolation on the ranch for long periods of time, the resultant lack of socialization led Troy's antisocial tendencies to morph into a sociopathic mindset - one in which he (and other whites like him) were the only "true" humans, and all others were considered subhuman.
  • As part of this evolution, I fully expect his initial forays into sociopathy on the ranch involved the torture and killing of animals - the documentation of which he began recording in his "journal of observations".
  • Upon learning he was to be tabbed for this scavenger run (and possibly over the course of other such runs), Troy recruited his cadre of TroyBoy "volunteers" from other similarly disturbed elements in the camp; such racist personalities tend to sink to the same level in any social construct.
  • Once away from the camp and his father's watchful eye, Troy took full advantage of his freedom out in the world to evolve his sociopathy into Mengele-ish dysgenics experiments upon those he considered "subhuman".

Was a portion of the camp racist?  Almost certainly - that's true of any kind of social structure, in any context.  Troy had to have some pool of like-minded individuals from which to assemble his death squad, after all.  This doesn't necessarily mean the entire camp was founded on racist idealism, though; Dad's need to keep Troy outside the camp on scavenger runs to reduce friction within the camp would seem to indicate the opposite.

Edited by Nashville
Dad confusion
  • Love 9

My biggest complaint about this show is how the characters will do and say the most STUPID, DUMB, IDIOTIC, ASSINE......ETC. THINGS and I can not list them here because it would take too long. I know it's a TV show and yes, we are supposed to "suspend our belief" but come on! It leads me to think, what the hell are these writers getting paid for? To crank out ridiculous situations and have these characters react in ways that no one would NOT IN A MILLION YEARS?!!! 

It's a zombie apocalypse....not a plague that made everybody suddenly stupid....or did it?

I think Kim used up all her emoting on that indigestion scene. So don't look for anymore in future.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Nashville said:
  • The melon-eye-baller action with the spoon?  Actually, I was mentally giving props to whatever demented SOB came up with the concept.

That actually comes from the comics.

Spoiler

Michonne in the comics escapes from the governor after he had repeatedly raped her, and gets the advantage on him. She nails his pecker to the floor and then melon balls his eye with a spoon. In TWD the governor wears an eye patch because Michonne gives it to him with the aquarium glass, but the origin is a melon balling. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bongo Fury said:

That actually comes from the comics.

Reveal hidden contents

Michonne in the comics escapes from the governor after he had repeatedly raped her, and gets the advantage on him. She nails his pecker to the floor and then melon balls his eye with a spoon. In TWD the governor wears an eye patch because Michonne gives it to him with the aquarium glass, but the origin is a melon balling. 

Oh, THAT demented SOB.  :D

• LOL 1
On 6/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, william0102 said:

They were racists, how is this even a discussion?

-Then PapaBigot felt he had to ask Madison if Madison thought Travis would highjack transport (sounds familar?)

Ok, I missed this one on my first read-through - but now that I've noticed it, I really have to ask.  At this point in the story line:

1. Dad's son and goddaughter (the chopper pilot) had radioed in that they would be landing in 20 minutes - which has come and passed, with no sign of the chopper. 
  2. Dad has just met Madison and Nick.  He has never met Travis or Alicia, and knows absolutely nothing about them until hearing they were also passengers in the chopper.

So, my question: how on earth do you associate a racist undertone to Dad's question about Travis when Dad has no idea what race Travis is?  Assuming race was the overriding single most important issue in Daddy's life, even - lacking any other information, wouldn't the common societal default assumption be that Travis' race was the same as Madison's, his significant other?

MY interpretation of Dad's question was this: something has happened to the chopper, and the options are limited - either it redirected, or it crashed.  I suspect Dad is more than halfway hoping the chopper was hijacked, simply because his son's and goddaughter's chances of surviving that are significantly greater than their odds of surviving a crash.

• Love 3
  • Nick is a terrible character and makes terrible choices. They could have shot him, his mother, and sister outside the ranch when he was pointing the pistol at one if the sons. 
  • Kim sux 
  • So the sewer rats somehow made it into the hvac duct, and the hvac duct somehow was large enough zombie to be crawling in. 
  • The only thing that's inside a Sheetrock wall is wood/ metal studs and insulation. These types of interior walls aren't big enough for someone to hide inside.  Think of the interior walls in your house. Zombies couldn't be hiding those either. 
  • Those barbed wire fences around the ranch don't seem to strong lol. I've seem plenty of ranches will pipe/tube steel fencing. If somehow a herd comes, they are doomed. They make such a big deal w " open up the gate". I'd just, climb through the barbed wire or just cut the wire. Lol 
  • Did nick ever even ask about Travis? 
  • Both white and Hispanics where thrown in the same detention room at the base. Nick and a couple of other white peeps where in there w Travis. 
  • Oh and Kim isn't hot...why does the show try to make her to be everyone's object of desire 
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

So, my question: how on earth do you associate a racist undertone to Dad's question about Travis when Dad has no idea what race Travis is?  Assuming race was the overriding single most important issue in Daddy's life, even - lacking any other information, wouldn't the common societal default assumption be that Travis' race was the same as Madison's, his significant other?

MY interpretation of Dad's question was this: something has happened to the chopper, and the options are limited - either it redirected, or it crashed.  I suspect Dad is more than halfway hoping the chopper was hijacked, simply because his son's and goddaughter's chances of surviving that are significantly greater than their odds of surviving a crash.

I associated a racist tone because he spoke to his white supremacist son before he made his little trek to the fence to feel out Madison.

Then there was the way he phrased it "hijack", why that? Why would Travis redirect or steal the helicopter it if he was meeting up with Maddie at the ranch? If you hijack something you are stealing it. Where would Travis take it to if PapaBigot is thinking Travis is meeting up with Madison?

No. PapaBigot is assuming Travis stole the helicopter, but he doesn't want to upset Madison, cuz I'm sure CrazypantsSon filled him in already on how Madison refused to leave without Travis. Who knows why he thinks Travis stole it, there's any number of reasons, and I really don't care since the dude is a white supremacist. Do I think the entire community is? Nope, and I never said I did. My comments were specific to the family.

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw elsewhere that there was tension between Cliff Curtis and the producer on TD. I only watched the beginning, maybe Cliff didn't want off the show and was fired. The show is substantially less diverse than TWD so this continues that trend.

Edited by SimoneS

He's going to be in the Avatar sequels, so he may just be completely over this.  Because I don't always pay attention to stuff like this, I had no idea until I saw the news that there are four!!! sequels in that franchise planned.  Good for him, though.

Storywise, I can wish they had kept him and killed off Madison because it would have been more interesting to see him stuck as the protector for her kids after he couldn't protect his own and at least Curtis can somewhat emote and has more than one facial expression.  Crazy hulk Travis could have been entertaining had they continued that direction.  But I'm fully embracing the terribleness that this show is as one hour each weekend to snark to my heart's content, so whatever.

• Love 1

Do any of the writers or producers ever come to this site and read what people really think of the show? They would quickly learn that the people who actually watch the show have strong feelings about the writing. I have watched since the first season simply because there isn't much else worth watching on in that time slot. I love zombie shows and have watched the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This episode just completely turned me off to Madison. She should have died not Travis. I am sure the producer wants a strong female character but Madison is not that person. She is being played in a very dull barf inducing manner. Nick is growing on me. He has made strides since episode one season one unlike Madison. He is the survivor. Madison wants to be something she isn't qualified to be.

I hope things get better. There is only one direction for the show to go and that is up since right now they are lower than whale s***.

• Love 2

Regarding the ratings for these first two episodes, I thought it might be of interest as to what the Live + Same Day numbers were for the other #1 show AMC had on the schedule in the weeks following The Walking Dead finale:

April 10-16 BETTER CALL SAUL – P 0.7 1815
April 17-23 BETTER CALL SAUL 0.5  1464
May 8-14  BETTER CALL SAUL  0.6 1757
May 15-21 BETTER CALL SAUL  0.6 1716

Fear The Walking Dead's ratings -- while nothing to write home about -- don't look all that bad...

I find myself wondering sometimes, when watching the show, whether the producers and writers have a bet going on how long a show can stay on the air with ZERO likeable characters...

Although to be honest, I do like Strand.

• Love 1
On 6/4/2017 at 10:14 PM, SimoneS said:

Now they are making their home in this white supremacist compound.

13 hours ago, william0102 said:

Do I think the entire community is? Nope, and I never said I did. My comments were specific to the family.

Put it down to miscommunication, then.  The statement which kicked off the whole subsequent "white supremacist" conversation immediately preceding your post (quoted above) referenced the compound at large - not just the Otto family - and I thought that's the conversation to which you were replying.  My mistake.

On 6/8/2017 at 2:15 PM, OhTheHumanity said:

I find myself wondering sometimes, when watching the show, whether the producers and writers have a bet going on how long a show can stay on the air with ZERO likeable characters...

Although to be honest, I do like Strand.

I'd be perfectly fine with them killing off the rest of the family members and starting fresh with just Strand.

• Love 5
(edited)

So, no sign of Ofelia ?  Maybe she was the one shooting at the helicopter -- that would be hilarious if she killed Travis.
Whoever was shooting at that helo was a really good shot -- because that was pretty heavy calibre weaponry they were using.

Sorry, but Madison is no Rick -- she is off her meds if she thinks that she, Nick, and Alicia will take over this camp.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

I'd be perfectly fine with them killing off the rest of the family members and starting fresh with just Strand.

I would keep Alicia & Ophelia.& Strand.

• Love 3

Sheesh, what a way to kill off Travis.  A few bullets and the character is permanently erased from the series.  Cliff Curtis probably enjoyed filming that scene, knowing he's gone from FtWD for good.

Oh, and that balcony scene with the lady was so predictable.  She couldn't get the door open to kill herself, so Strand basically assisted her in suicide.  I knew she was going to take a dive after that long-winded speech.

I don't know how or why, but AMC must be doing something right if they keep renewing the series before a new season even starts.  I'm surprised the ratings are still holding.

On 6/8/2017 at 3:43 AM, william0102 said:

Then there was the way he phrased it "hijack", why that? Why would Travis redirect or steal the helicopter it if he was meeting up with Maddie at the ranch?

He actually says "diverted the Huey" and Madison replies "you mean hijacked".   He then says he has to ask because he has people on the copter and Madison says she put a spoon in the other son's eye (implying she understands).   He may have been thinking that Travis would force the chopper pilot, at gunpoint, somewhere else in order to attack the compound somehow.  Travis did have a shotgun and the two families didn't meet under the best of circumstances, which Troy would have told him.    So I think the show dropped the question in there as a way of bringing up who he is - a racist megalomaniac (almost certainly, he did raise Troy) or something else.  

I would keep Alicia & Ophelia.& Strand.

I like Nick as a character (not necessarily as a person) except when they go all magical junkie with him.   I read somewhere that the showrunners told Cliff Curtis they were going to kill him off so I don't think it was due to his Avatar commitments, which is a shame, because he's a better actor than Kim Dickens.  Never watched anything else that she's been in, and though I appreciate the show wants a female lead, she started off OK in the role but has gotten worse.

There are parts of the show I enjoy and these episode weren't terrible and had some decent action.  I just feel that they do retread ground, which is too bad; there are  different directions it could have taken.

Does anyone remember who took Ophelia last year?  On The Talking Dead they said something about someone from the compound but it was all mumbled (par for the course) and I couldn't hear them.