Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, anamika said:

I will let Benioff explain it to you:

" We hope to avoid the expected. Jon Snow has always been the hero. The one who has always been the savior but it just did not sit right with us for this moment"

Is that a recent quote and are they admitting that they changed a major plot point/character arc/conclusion from the Books?

• Love 2

What would genuinely shock me at this point is if Euron marries Cersei and then kills her, waiting for Daenerys to arrive and he’s the series final villain. I mean, what purpose does he serve really? Since season 6 he’s done practically nothing really, especially now that Yara is free. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Something has to happen with him right? Any other ideas   ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, anamika said:

Bran/3ER and the NK looking at each other. Maybe the 3ER's motives in all this is not exactly innocent?

Bran mentioned he needed Jaime to be alive. Surely not to just take down some wights while one handed? If Bran wants Jaime alive to take down Cersei, why is this important to the 3ER?  To destroy the Iron Throne? To put Jon on the Iron Throne? For the victory of the Starks? Why would the 3ER or someone like Bloodraven in the books want that?

Yo, I think it's literally one of the most obvious things in the world that Bloodraven wants Jon on that throne. He even calls Jon "king" through Mormont's Raven and its clear that he's watching over Jon.

Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen-loyalist after all and a Former Hand of the King. He clearly sees Jon as his pick for that throne. And Bran would too as he's his cousin/brother. 

39 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is that a recent quote and are they admitting that they changed a major plot point/character arc/conclusion from the Books?

From Inside the Episode, they said that they decided that the NK should be killed by Arya 3 years ago (season 6)and Jon was too obvious.  There's no NK in the books so this was their original solution to their original show-only villain.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

From Inside the Episode, they said that they decided that the NK should be killed by Arya 3 years ago (season 6)and Jon was too obvious.  There's no NK in the books so this was their original solution to their original show-only villain.

Thanks for the explanation.  I didn't realize there was no Night King in the books.  how fascinating

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, anamika said:

Again, if Jaime does not kill Cersei then what is behind that strange conversation between Bran and him? Bran made it seem like he needed Jaime alive for some higher purpose rather. I can't see what else it can be other than Cersei at this point...

Or maybe it has to do with Bran himself in some way.

NCW saying that it's like some murder mystery that comes together at the end, may have to do Bran.

Yeah, I think this is where it's going. Bran reveals he was masterminding a lot of plots so things can end up a certain way. But his endgame isn't an endgame that many characters want. 

So maybe Bran wants Dany dead so Jon can become king because Jon won't take on the duty with Dany there. And maybe, he wants Jaime alive so he can kill Cersei but he can die afterwards after that.

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen-loyalist after all and a Former Hand of the King. He clearly sees Jon as his pick for that throne. And Bran would too as he's his cousin/brother. 

If Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen loyalist than why is he not helping Dany on the Iron Throne?  As per the show Bran is dead - he died in that cave. It's just the 3ER now. What that is, I don't know. Is he Bloodraven's consciousness ?

Why did the NK bring an army of thousands of dead wights specifically to kill Bran? Why was Bran so dangerous to the NK? Because the 3ER wants to make Jon king? Why should the NK care about who is king on the Iron Throne?

So many questions. I think NCW's - it's like solving a mystery - is about Bran and not Tyrion. Bran is the puzzle currently, not Tyrion.

I just read this on other forum, and I found it rather funny!

so brans entire character arc was the quest to become wikipedia and the night king just really hated wikipedia?

Edited by anamika
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Wait, I've been away for awhile, did GRRM actually TELL them who he plans to be on the throne?  I thought he got pretty snippy about them not waiting for him to finish his book, and clammed up?

At the end of S3, he sat D&D down (for the weekend at his home, IIRC) and told them everything he planned. He told them the endgame for all the main characters, and the secondary characters he knew.

8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Talking about Euron, what if he has the dragonbinder? It seems farfetched, but I am trying to think outside the box.

Even if she lost the Dothraki and a good part of the Unsullied, Daenerys still has two dragons. After seeing what they did to the AOTD in 8x03, the GC doesn't stand a chance against them.

So imo Cersei is plotting something against the dragons. She might succeed, she might not. There was a ballista on the KL set and a dragon above KL in Bran's vision, so at least one should make it until there. Euron getting dragonbinder or an equivalent of it wouldn't be farfetched to me.

If someone turns to an antagonist, it should be Bronn. . He likes the Lannister brothers, but not sure it's enough. Remember at the Blackwater, he and the Hound were at odds and Bronn was about to shank him. Maybe the Hound will see through Bronn's BS.

5 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Cersei is lying and she is not pregnant at all?

I think she was pregnant, truly, but she was drinking wine again in 8x01. I thought that D&D would change the moment when she miscarries; maybe they didn't, and it will be revealed in a flashback later that she did around 7x07. This is the kind of surprise effect they like to create.

5 hours ago, SeanC said:

It looks like there are some funereal burnings next week.  Be interested to see if Alfie Allen, Iain Glen or Bella Ramsey get that corpse money, which would also conveniently push any of those that do to the four episode count necessary to count for the SAG ensemble nomination roster.

It would be excellent. After the performances the cast regularly offers, they had better get all the awards. Especially Alfie Allen. There were so few dialogues  in 8x03 (I thought parts were missing) and they all conveyed most of what happned just by their facial expressions.

Is it here that someone noticed that Frikidoctor got its episode info through someone in the translating team? If he got those subtitles sheets, it explains how he sometimes swapped dialogues between the characters (like Jon/Dany for the thousand years).

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3

No idea why people don't believe that Jon could kill Dany when this season has been all about setting up Jon vs Dany hell that's all the previews have been about.

If the trial were to happen ( and that's a big if) I see Tyrion being put up for treason for backing Dany over Jon, not really betraying anybody. That being said, Tyrion has had quite a few stare downs not just with Bran but even with a red priestess 

for me to believe that he's just summarily caught and executed. I just think there's a bigger plan for  him than that. Still think theres something to Tyrion and Sansa , way too many hints from not just this season but previous for it not to be a smokescreen.

Also of interest, we know that Varys is on borrowed time as per his convo with mellisandre last year. Interesting to see how he bites it.

• Love 1

I don't think that conflict over the Targaryen claim to the Iron Throne will originate from Dany or Jon.

Jon doesn't want the Iron Throne, and he willingly bent the knee to Dany because he believes in her as a Queen. I find it very difficult to believe that the execution of the Tarlys will count for more with him than the fact that she fought the Army of the Dead with everything she had, taking incredibly heavy losses. She has also risked her life to protect him, when she could have easily let him die, leaving her as the sole Targaryen claimant. I can't see him pressing a claim to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany. 

On Dany's side of things, as I said, she has risked her life to protect Jon in battle. She could have let him die. Nobody would have known that she could have saved him but didn't. She loves him and I'd say that, if he tells her that he doesn't want the Iron Throne and that she has his full support to claim it, she will believe him. Maybe not immediately, but it shouldn't take too much convincing, especially as I can see Jon not wanting to make it known that he is Rhaegar's son.

Given the heavy losses Dany took, she's in a position where Northern support is vital for her to press her claim. This means that the Northern Lords are in a position to negotiate, and can bargain for independence in exchange for their military support for her to claim to remaining Kingdoms. If Davos' proposal of a proposal is taken up, that's one more reason for the Northern Lords to back Dany for the Iron Throne. Jon, as King in the North, can marry Dany as Queen of the Five Kingdoms. It's an outcome that could satisfy a lot of people.

But not Sam.

Sam resents Dany for his father and brother's executions, and has advocated that Jon take the throne ahead of her. If he sees Jon openly supporting Dany's claim and encouraging the Northern Lords to do the same, if he sees the Northern Lords willing to rally behind her, I wouldn't put it past him to throw a spanner into the works by announcing that Jon is the true heir and urging that they crown him instead. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, anamika said:

Again, if Jaime does not kill Cersei then what is behind that strange conversation between Bran and him? Bran made it seem like he needed Jaime alive for some higher purpose rather. I can't see what else it can be other than Cersei at this point...

Or maybe it has to do with Bran himself in some way.

NCW saying that it's like some murder mystery that comes together at the end, may have to do Bran.

I always have always believed that Jaime will kill Cersei. Now I that believe the leak that Jon will kill Dany, I believe that Jaime killing Cersei is even more likely. They aren't going to have Jon kill two queens and the prediction about Cersei has been slowly unfolding over the seasons. Even NCW conceded in one of his many interviews that there will be another meeting between the both of them.

It would have been interesting for Bran and red priestess Melisandre to meet before she walked off into the snow and died.

In the books, she sees Bloodraven in the flames and thinks of him as the Great Other - the enemy of the Lord of Light. Of course Mel has a tendency to interpret everything wrongly.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Great_Other

8 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I'm also wondering about all the religions, it would seem that they should probably wrap those up in some ways.

This is interesting but I don't know if the show will deal with this in any meaningful way. Currently the Lord of Light is winning as the most useful God. Mel basically tells Arya to go kill the Night King. Meanwhile the Old Gods are stuck with Bran and his idiotic riddles - here Arya, I gave you this dagger a season ago for this purpose, but I am not going to tell you.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, WindyNights said:

The Night King may be a show-only villain, but the Long Night/Others is in the books, if I recall correctly. It’s a rather large thing to change or “subvert”, precisely because there is so much mythology and prophecy wrapped up in Winter and the Others and the Starks/Jon/Dany. Also, as others have said, it’s funny how the show had no problem showing multiple Jon/NK stare-downs and NORTH OF THE WALL shenanigans only to pivot at some point in a season 6 brainstorming session. Of course you’re subverting the expected, you spent a ton of narrative space, over years, getting all the money shots of Jon v. NK. I’m sure it’s great having a subversive idea, but season 6 is not the time to think about that. When it comes to fruition at the end of years of build up in the middle of a self-imposed shortened final season, it might not play the same way you intended.

The story construction has always been the poorest part of these latter seasons and post-mortem interviews like these really don’t fill me with confidence. This adaptation sometimes comes off less like an adaptation and more like a vanity project at times.

For these final two seasons I have found myself watching for moments as opposed to episodes or even seasons because I don’t think choices like these are served well at all by what’s presented onscreen.

Edited by Solace247
Season 6 not 3.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Oscirus said:

No idea why people don't believe that Jon could kill Dany when this season has been all about setting up Jon vs Dany hell that's all the previews have been about.

Simple - love him or hate him, Jon is a hero (arguably THE hero).  Dany might be more ambitious and ruthless but she is also a hero (ended slavery, saved Jon, etc) and again arguably THE hero.  She actively helped save the world even though most of the North wanted her dead. 

They're not going to have Jon murder another hero.  So does that mean in the span of three episodes she's going to go from savior to villain?  Only if she declares her intention to burn down KL and everyone in it and goes around executing any advisors who try to dissuade her.  As mentioned above, Jon has not shown any indication he wants to rule so I can't see him suddenly deciding he wants the Iron Throne and goes around eliminating his competition. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, anamika said:

I will let Benioff explain it to you:

" We hope to avoid the expected. Jon Snow has always been the hero. The one who has always been the savior but it just did not sit right with us for this moment"

We will build up this character with this whole AOTD story and several prophecies and all that and in the end use Arya because it's unexpected and felt right to us.

As for why the characters come up with their terrible plans like the one that wipes out Dany's entire Dothraki cavalry?

Benioff:

"We thought it important  that whatever the plan was that it should not just work out. Because that would be kinda dull"

The more I think about episode 3, the more I realize how terribly written it was. No surprise, nothing. I recall feeling more sad at Karsi's death in Hardhome than Lyanna and even Theon and Jorah - because it was so cliche and expected at this point. I think we were more blood thirsty than the show and expected more characters to die.

Jaime fighting off hundreds of wights with one hand while the Dothraki are slaughtered. What a joke.  Like what is even the point of Bran?

I mean, book readers think about this. This threat that has been build up from the first chapter, first scene of the show - and the deaths are Theon and Jorah.

This episode cheapened everything. It cheapened the set up of the White Walkers, Jon's destiny, his parentage that they started using as angst for Dany, because why wouldn't they do that?

I wish D&D luck on their next project. I never thought they were that good to begin with and if this episode is anything to go by, they will will need it.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Wouter said:

In A Dance with Dragons, there is this deliberately ambiguous line where Tyrion thinks that he misses his wife (the context does not make it very clear whether Tysha or Sansa is meant). I've always suspected it is Sansa he misses, and the way the show is going seems to make this more likely.

I don't know what's going to happen with Tyrion/Sansa, but there's definitely something going on. The only storyline they have apart from Dany drama in S8 is each other. It seems to me that the whole point of that 8x03 subplot was to get Sansa and Tyrion to a place where they would have that capital-m Moment in the crypts.  There were a thousand ways to write the crypts sequence--and Tyrion didn't even strictly need to be down there in the first place--and that's the way they picked: a whole minute of Sansa and Tyrion gazing into each other's eyes, holding hands, and Tyrion kissing Sansa's hand. 

None of the BTS videos or cast interviews said anything about Tyrion and Sansa's little moment in the crypts, even though it's one of the most dramatic scenes of the episode. That may mean that it's too spoilery to talk about, and I find that very interesting. We'll see if there's any follow up in 8x04, or whether the characters just act as if it never happened. To be fair, Theon and Sansa had a sweet moment in 8x02, and that certainly didn't last, either. 

On another note, it looks like there's going to be a big, drunken "We didn't die!" party in 8x04: there's a shot of Dany in a red outfit raising her cup and being cheered by a hall full of rowdy Northerners at night. (Lord Royce is one of the people leaping to his feet to cheer Dany, notably.) Interestingly, the chairs next to her at the head table (which in previous episodes were occupied by Jon and Sansa) are empty.

The content warnings for 8x04 are already out and they're pretty tame--no strong sexual content, no nudity--but that doesn't necessarily mean no sex. Arya/Gendry? (There was a shot of them kissing.) Jaime/Brienne? Jon/Dany makeup sex?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, anamika said:

If Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen loyalist than why is he not helping Dany on the Iron Throne?  As per the show Bran is dead - he died in that cave. It's just the 3ER now. What that is, I don't know. Is he Bloodraven's consciousness ?

Why did the NK bring an army of thousands of dead wights specifically to kill Bran? Why was Bran so dangerous to the NK? Because the 3ER wants to make Jon king? Why should the NK care about who is king on the Iron Throne?

So many questions. I think NCW's - it's like solving a mystery - is about Bran and not Tyrion. Bran is the puzzle currently, not Tyrion.

I just read this on other forum, and I found it rather funny!

Bloodraven was a Targaryen loyalist before he was sent to the Wall and eventually became the 3ER. It’s not clear that the 3ER in the tree cave on the show was Bloodraven. They don’t ever mention it.

So it seems that the 3ER is a different entity from the person who inherits the knowledge, apparently, at least in show canon. That being the case, I don’t think Bran-as-3ER would be a Targaryen loyalist just because his predecessor was once. 

As for why the 3ER would care who is on the Iron Throne, that is a great question and maybe the big mystery.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, glowbug said:

I feel like Arya killing the Night King should have been set up better. I actually like the idea of her killing him and how she did it with the slight of hand, but there wasn’t enough foreshadowing before this episode. Plus, I feel like Jon should have played a bigger role in taking down the Night King. The majority of his storyline has been about the White Walker threat, and there needed to be some payoff for those staredowns with the Night King. There’s also the whole PTWP/Azor Ahai stuff. If it ends up not meaning anything (as in they never mention it again when the title of the book series is literally named after the prophecy of the PTWP) that would be bad writing. 

I completely agree with this and I keep thinking how differently this might have played if they’d set it up properly. All we needed was a scene in ep 2 with Jon and Arya where Jon comes to understand what she has become, they talk about how the NK could possibly be killed and his worry that he won’t be able to do it, and maybe just have an implication that they have a backup plan between the two of them. Then we’ve connected Arya and Jon back together more strongly, Arya has the info she needs to make this play, and it’s more of a shared fulfillment of the prophecy/both their arcs while still giving Arya the ultimate hero moment. It would’ve made so much more sense. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Bloodraven was a Targaryen loyalist before he was sent to the Wall and eventually became the 3ER. It’s not clear that the 3ER in the tree cave on the show was Bloodraven. They don’t ever mention it.

So it seems that the 3ER is a different entity from the person who inherits the knowledge, apparently, at least in show canon. That being the case, I don’t think Bran-as-3ER would be a Targaryen loyalist just because his predecessor was once. 

As for why the 3ER would care who is on the Iron Throne, that is a great question and maybe the big mystery.

I would also like to know "Why Bran?".   What are the rules...what's required to become a 3ER, e.g. lineage, unique skills, geography, etc.

• Love 1

I found a leak on FF from nine months ago. It sounds credible to me given the leak about Jon killing Dany. The person claimed to have a friend who worked on the production crew. People dismissed it immediately because it sounded ridiculous at time, but he got the bit about Viserion right even though he was wrong about Jon killing him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nikma said:

Dany killing Varys and destroying KL could ruin her relationship with Jon. 

I really don't think Jon cares about Varys. Burning KL might be the reason, although I have no idea why Dany wouldn't just burn the Red Keep to get at Cersei instead of burning the streets. We'll see soon enough.

In other news, I don't remember if this has been posted before but Blind Gossip (a website usually focused on celebrities) has 2 spoilers from a mysterious source who worked on the show.

This was the first one posted last week

Pay attention. One face will change everything.

Newest one from yesterday :

This male/female pairing will result in a little surprise.

The website assumes it's about a baby, which is fair, especially because of the wording ("little" surprise). Many options there, from most likely to somewhat likely I'd say : Jon-Dany, Gendry-Arya, Jaime-Brienne, possibly Tyrion-Sansa (long shot).

But my mind jumped straight to our latest spoiler and I guess the surprise could simply be Jon killing Dany. 

I will say I regards to Friki and the Tyrion betrayal, based on the BTS interview he got the people in Kings Landing right.  Everyone he said was at the dragon pit,is ( Also Tyrion/Peter isn’t wearing a hand pin)

He said Jon and Dany weren’t there and kit and Emilia filmed their interviews elsewhere. Maybe it means nothing and is a coincidence, but who knows.

I also find it hard believe, they’d have Jon kill Dany in front of a bunch of extras, it seems like it would be a more intimate scene, then with a bunch of people.

On the "Jon kneels to Cersei", (aside from the fact it could just be a random shot that wasn't actually filmed), I did wonder if it might be Arya wearing Jon's face. Cersei might believe Jon is too honourable to try to assassinate her, but Arya certainly isn't. If Arya's wearing Jon's face that would suggest he was dead, although there was that occasion when Jaquen wore Arya's face, so it might not necessarily be the case.

8 hours ago, anamika said:

If Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen loyalist than why is he not helping Dany on the Iron Throne?

Maybe he favours the male line (Jon/Aegon) over the female (Danny)? Traditionally, only males could sit on the Iron Throne, after all.

25 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I found a leak on FF from nine months ago. It sounds credible to me given the leak about Jon killing Dany. The person claimed to have a friend who worked on the production crew. People dismissed it immediately because it sounded ridiculous at time, but he got the bit about Viserion right even though he was wrong about Jon killing him. 

Interesting they originally thought Dany and Jon live, and then came back and said they didn’t. Wonder what made them think they originally live.(the production people)

26 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

In other news, I don't remember if this has been posted before but Blind Gossip (a website usually focused on celebrities) has 2 spoilers from a mysterious source who worked on the show.

This was the first one posted last week

Newest one from yesterday :

The website assumes it's about a baby, which is fair, especially because of the wording ("little" surprise). Many options there, from most likely to somewhat likely I'd say : Jon-Dany, Gendry-Arya, Jaime-Brienne, possibly Tyrion-Sansa (long shot).

But my mind jumped straight to our latest spoiler and I guess the surprise could simply be Jon killing Dany. 

Those quotes are so vague that they could mean anything, though. It's about as specific as a horoscope.

20 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

I will say I regards to Friki and the Tyrion betrayal, based on the BTS interview he got the people in Kings Landing right.  

No, Friki's source was wrong. His source specifically said Joe Dempsie didn't film anything for 8x06, and Joe Dempsie did a BTS interview in Italica in a full costume we haven't seen yet with his hair cut short for Gendry. His source also said that Edmure wasn't at the DP, and not only was Tobias Menzies spotted with the rest of the cast at Stansted returning from Seville, we now know that Tobias Menzies is back for S8.

Friki's trial info makes no sense in light of what I've seen so far in the first three episodes. A lot can happen in the back three, but right now, I'm not seeing it.

Everyone he said was at the dragon pit,is (Also Tyrion/Peter isn’t wearing a hand pin)

Peter looks like he filmed his interview elsewhere, and in S8, he wears his hand pin over that long black tunic, which he wasn't wearing for the interview. And if Peter's interview is from Italica--and it's hard to tell, since most of the Italica interviews were shot with various backdrops--it disproves Friki, since his costume and hair don't match Friki's source's description.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, anamika said:

If Bloodraven is a hardcore Targaryen loyalist than why is he not helping Dany on the Iron Throne?  

Because the petty squabbles over the throne don't matter when there's a bigger threat looming over everyone. When Jon tries to leave the NW and he is returned by Pyp and the others, Jeor Mormont asks him if he believes that Robb's war is more important than theirs. When dead men come walking, does it matter who sits the Iron Throne?

And when Bran arrives in the cave, Bloodraven tells him that at last he has come, but the hour is late. He is focused on the threat that's growing larger, not on someone's claim to the throne. 

I think he's aware of what's going on with her and I think her dream of the Trident in the first book and her fever dream of waking the dragons might have come from him.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Those quotes are so vague that they could mean anything, though. It's about as specific as a horoscope.

No, Friki's source was wrong. His source specifically said Joe Dempsie didn't film anything for 8x06, and Joe Dempsie did a BTS interview in Italica in a full costume we haven't seen yet with his hair cut short for Gendry. His source also said that Edmure wasn't at the DP, and not only was Tobias Menzies spotted with the rest of the cast at Stansted returning from Seville, we now know that Tobias Menzies is back for S8.

Friki's trial info makes no sense in light of what I've seen so far in the first three episodes. A lot can happen in the back three, but right now, I'm not seeing it.

Peter looks like he filmed his interview elsewhere, and in S8, he wears his hand pin over that long black tunic, which he wasn't wearing for the interview. And if Peter's interview is from Italica--and it's hard to tell, since most of the Italica interviews were shot with various backdrops--it disproves Friki, since his costume and hair don't match Friki's source's description.

Ahhh ok, I thought that was BSB that said Joe wasn’t there. Getting the 2 confused.

interesting he is still holding onto his Tyrion leak. If he didn’t  lose his source, after the hoopla with HBO, he should very well know the ending by now.

43 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Well, this leaker was definitely right about Viserion shooting blue flames from his neck. That's a pretty specific detail.

Having the Mountain behead Missandei would be horrifying. Do not want.

Jon stabbing Dany sounds quite horrifying as well. That is not how I imagined this happening. Why can't the extras get better details? SACK UP, PEOPLE. COME ON.

• LOL 5

Here is another leak from FF that was posted yesterday. I think it could be credible so I am posting it. Basically Bran ends up ruling Westeros which sounds a crazy as it did when some people here claimed that would happen.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I would also like to know "Why Bran?".   What are the rules...what's required to become a 3ER, e.g. lineage, unique skills, geography, etc.

I’m a little fuzzy on details but if I recall correctly it has something to do with Bran being a both green seer and a skin changer which are traits that runs in the blood of a rare few of the First Men. Those traits seem to be required to become a 3ER.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I have big doubts About the Tyrion-Trial so far, but Peter Dinklage's interview doesn't disprove anything, because even if it was done in Seville, we don't know after which scene it was filmed.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Here is another leak from FF that was posted yesterday. I think it could be credible so I am posting it. Basically Bran ends up ruling Westeros which sounds a crazy as it did when some people here claim that would happen.

Ugh. I hope this is billshit. I hate the idea that

Spoiler

Dany goes nuclear on KL, that Jon kills her and that he then goes back to the Nights Watch. 

Edited by MarySNJ
Wasn’t sure about spoiler tags
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Ugh. I hope this is billshit. I hate the idea that Dany goes nuclear on KL and Jon kills her. And why would Jon go back to the Night’s Watch if there’s no threat from the North? 

Because he just wants to get away from the world, I'm assuming. He had to kill the woman he loves to save the world.

I'm just glad I never shipped Jaime/Brienne if these leaks are true. Jaime was a waste of a character.

35 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Well, this leaker was definitely right about Viserion shooting blue flames from his neck. That's a pretty specific detail. 

It is. And it is the reason why I'm giving this leak some attention.

Also interesting is the spoiler that Euron kills Rhaegal, because Pilou Asbaek said that Euron is going to do something that not many characters managed to do.

However, the leaker also said Arya is useless, which is not true. He says Jon kills Viseryon, which is not true either (though to be fair, given the ridiculous scene of Jon simply shouting at Viseryon, I can see why people would think so, if they don't know the CGI). Still, it's not what happened and he might have further misinformation.  

2 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Because he just wants to get away from the world, I'm assuming. He had to kill the woman he loves to save the world. 

There won't be a Night's Watch anymore. They are all dead. And what are they going to watch with the Undead being dead for good anyway? John leaving the continent I could believe. But going to a nonexistant Night Watch?

• Love 6

IF these leaks are true:

I HATE that Missandei is captured and executed. Not just because I like her, but for one of the only two Black characters to die, especially like that because will set off an ugly outcry on social media and elsewhere about race/ethnicity.

I could see how Varys being publicly executed could be the scene that shocked the extras. 

I wouldn't be surprised about Jaime betraying Dany. I always thought it was ridiculous how Dany allowed herself to be persuaded to let him run loose instead of locking him up. However, I am surprised that he doesn't kill Cersei, instead he throttles off to die with her.

What exactly is the Night Watch watching with no wall?

Hey, at least Bronn finally gets his riches and power. Ha!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Here is another leak from FF that was posted yesterday. I think it could be credible so I am posting it. Basically Bran ends up ruling Westeros which sounds a crazy as it did when some people here claim that would happen.

Parts of this sound credible (I could see them having Dany go Mad Queen after Cersei kills Missandei and her remaining advisors betray her), and parts sound ludicrous (Jon kills Dany and takes the black - that would be a horrible culmination of his arc). And why would anyone want creepy Bran as King? 

I hope it's not true, because this would be major character regression for almost everyone.

• Love 5

So Cersei and Euron and Varys between them manage to kill one of of Danys Dragons, and best friend, and She’s the bad one? Are you serious? So basically Dany is painted as the villain for being stronger than her enemies who betrayed her and tried to kill her and murdered an innocent woman just because she managed to defeat them and didn’t show mercy? I see. That’s fucking retarded. Of course saint Jon Snow has to kill her 🙄 if the series ends like this that’s a joke. 

• Love 4

There is so much about that leak I hate. Not even including the Jon/dany mess.

jaime ends up right back under Cersei ass. Ughh hate that. 

Jon starts out miserable and ends miserable, hate that too.

people are already joking about bran not doing ish. So if he ends up on the throne,... Social media will have a field day.

even if the leaks are mostly legit, there is gotta be something missing. I feel like the GA and critics would have more to hate than like.

i am very curious about what scene the person in production saw, that made them originally think Jon AND dany live.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, stagmania said:

Parts of this sound credible (I could see them having Dany go Mad Queen after Cersei kills Missandei and her remaining advisors betray her), and parts sound ludicrous (Jon kills Dany and takes the black - that would be a horrible culmination of his arc). And why would anyone want creepy Bran as King? 

I hope it's not true, because this would be major character regression for almost everyone.

Exactly. I want a bittersweet ending, damn it. Jon killing Dany and sentenced to the (nonexistent) NW sound like a tragedy to me and a terrible ending for Jon and for Dany.

But my fear is that D&D are more interested in subverting expectations then they are in a satisfying conclusion for two previously heroic characters. 

And Bran? WTF would he take the (non-existent) throne? He’s already said he’s not Bran anymore. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

However, the leaker also said Arya is useless, which is not true. He says Jon kills Viseryon, which is not true either (though to be fair, given the ridiculous scene of Jon simply shouting at Viseryon, I can see why people would think so, if they don't know the CGI). Still, it's not what happened and he might have further misinformation.

There won't be a Night's Watch anymore. They are all dead. And what are they going to watch with the Undead being dead for good anyway? John leaving the continent I could believe. But going to a nonexistant Night Watch?

In his responses to people's questions/comments, the poster said that "Arya is useless" was his inserted opinion not part of the leak. 

I think that this person was on production crew which is why he thought that Jon might have killed Viserion, but he did say that "he thinks." The description of Viserion is too specific to be a guess. It has to be insider information.

Just now, GraceK said:

This leak sounds like sour grapes to me. And where’s Greyworm in all this? It reeks of bullshit.

In a separate post, he said that Grey Worm blames Dany for Missandei being captured and killed.

19 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Yes, that leak is obviously not true because there is zero reason for the Night’s Watch to exist now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

When dead men come walking, does it matter who sits the Iron Throne?

Apparently on the show it does, because they dispatched off the WWs pretty quick and are back to squabbling over the throne.

And lol those leaks sound stupid but also so typically D&D that I can believe it to be true. Jaime betrays the North and gets lots of Dany's people killed and Tyrion tries to save Jaime and Cersei and it's Dany who is the bad guy for wanting to get Tyrion executed. Typical.

But why is Jon taking the black when the NK and his army was demolished in one episode and there is no wall?

Also Bran is King of a great council and Sansa rules the North? Wat?

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3

The whole Dany goes nuts and Jon has to kill her is such nonsense. All of a sudden, girlfriend is going to go cray-cray? Really?

Why would Jaime and Tyrion EVER want to save the sister who sent someone after them to murder them?

Throw her in the black cells, let her have the babe, cut off her head. Seriously, Jaime and Tyrion are the biggest idiots ever if they decide that Cersei should be saved after all the crap she has done and how she was going to have them eliminated.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

There is a way for Arya to kill or at least get close to Cersei and The Mountain.

She can kill Qyburn and take his face. Then she can inject The Mountain with something that would kill him or make him go bezerk on Cersei. Or Arya posing as Qyburn could get close enough to Cersei to kill her

Just now, SimoneS said:

In a separate post, he said that Grey Worm blames Dany for Missandei being captured and killed.

Bullshit. I’m not gonna get hysterical yet. Dany dies has been around for 10 years, and after her bad ass performance on Sunday, and Jon’s lack of NK killing, it appears the misogyny trolls have gone apeshit.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, anamika said:

And lol those leaks sound stupid but also so typically D&D that I can believe it to be true. Jaime betrays the North and gets lots of Dany's people killed and Tyrion tries to save Jaime and Cersei and it's Dany who is the bad guy for wanting to get Tyrion executed?

It does sound like the Tyrion's "divided loyalties" that we have heard about. As long as Jaime and Tyrion believes that Cersei is pregnant, they will go to hilt to save her.

I am not blaming D&D though. This is Martin's story and his ending. He has every right to end his story how he wants. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1