Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E23: Lian Yu

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)
9 minutes ago, benteen said:

I had forgotten that Argus controls the island so that makes what Chase did even more unbelievable and stupid.

Chase had Evelyn bribe the ARGUS guards on the island. Except that one guy who refused to abandon his post in the beginning. But he probably wasn't there when Chase and his army set up the explosives. 

I guess every time Chase/Prometheus was MIA from Star City, he was on the island, setting up explosives? No way he covered the island in one trip, even with help.

Edited by insomniadreams88
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol surprise attacks from behind... If that's what they gotta do to stop her.. more power to her.

I mean, Felicity surprise attacked her from in front of her, so I do think it's a case of Black Siren not being THAT good. Which odd with her being Zoom's right hand woman, but I guess they're pretending that never happened, since Black Siren has proved to not be that good in combat, besides using her metacry. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I so love you for doing this. I wanted to know but I just wasn't up to doing it myself, lol.  

I suddenly wonder how many other times William has been kidnapped that Samantha just forgot to mention.  Kid is way too much of an old pro at this.  

Actually, this explains a lot. Myson is so stupid because he's only in kindergarten after missing so much school due to the constant kidnappings.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, Felicity surprise attacked her from in front of her, so I do think it's a case of Black Siren not being THAT good. Which odd with her being Zoom's right hand woman, but I guess they're pretending that never happened, since Black Siren has proved to not be that good in combat, besides using her metacry. 

Not really, she tapped her on the shoulder or something and as soon as she turned around she clocked her . 

But they just showed her going hand2hand with Dinah who is supposedto be Oliver's equal. She obviously got the moves. 

As far as reflexes though? Yeah girl gotta work on that. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not really, she tapped her on the shoulder or something and as soon as she turned around she clocked her . 

But they just showed her going hand2hand with Dinah who is supposedto be Oliver's equal. She obviously got the moves. 

As far as reflexes though? Yeah girl gotta work on that. 

Well, I took a look at the gif of the BS/Felicity scene, and girl stood there while Felicity swung back to hit her. Sadly, BS just kind of stood there like an idiot instead of reacting appropriately. So yeah, she might have decent hand to hand combat skills and she knows how to control her power, but everything else is not good, which is just as important in terms of a fight. So even if she can keep up the fight, her weaknesses are blatantly obvious and anyone can take advantage of the fact that she doesn't pay attention to her surroundings or that she has poor reflexes and reaction time.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I remember him shooting one at Chase? But yes a character called Arrow should probably, you know, use arrows.

Yea, and last episode he just shot one, even though he and MM had a whole fightscene, he just shot one in the end, and the episode before when he had just put the suit back on he didn't shoot any either.. But he did bring the bow... and the 3 episodes before that he was bowless... I dno what they are thinking with this stuff :S

I mean... Even his last action scene on the Island is without a bow.. wtf! lol Should have crossed ppl off the list with a gun in S1

(edited)

It is very difficult to catch fighters off-guard.  If Black Siren was a well-trained fighter, I think that Black Siren would be able to immediately react to sudden movement (out of the corner of her eye) with an instinct to block/cover/move back and her awareness level of someone being behind her would have kicked up a notch when Felicity said Hey Pumpkin.  Felicity isn't a trained fighter, so her punches wouldn't be as quick as a normal fighter either - more easily anticipated - especially with the rustle of her coat.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So even if she can keep up the fight, her weaknesses are blatantly obvious and anyone can take advantage of the fact that she doesn't pay attention to her surroundings or that she has poor reflexes and reaction time.

I can agree with that. But i am both amused and irritated by it. Takes 2 to take her down but 3rd times the charm and it's old now. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought decent fighters were supposed to always be aware of their surroundings. It's not like enemies yell "I'm here! I'm going to hit you!" before doing it.

Plus, surprise attacks don't really speak to her ability to fight, more to her ability to screech them to death.  So...you kinda have to catch her unaware. 

• Love 1

That was a really stupid cliffhanger considering they couldn't have possibly have killed off every single series regular except Oliver.

During all the scenes of Oliver wanting so badly to save William, I didn't care at all. The writers made this Oliver has a secret kid story so bad, that whether the innocent kid lives or dies I don't care. 

I did like the Nyssa and sister scenes and fighting. Bringing in Slade and Malcom to help.

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, bethy said:

Did we ever find out how Chase was 87 million steps ahead of Oliver? 

My canon is that Talia was calling all the shots.  Eta:  Talia might not have been all that fleshed out,  but the look of fury that Lexa/Talia gave Oliver after discovering that he had brought Nyssa was fantastic. 

Did Chase even win really?  His whole goal was to prove that Oliver was some monster,  but he didn't prove that at all.  He succeeded in getting himself dead,  but he did it himself.   If he had to kill himself to kill all of Oliver's friends,  it really doesn't prove that Oliver is a monster.   Or why didn't he shoot Myson in the head,  that might have driven Oliver to kill him right there and then then blow up the island,  then Chase would have won. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll post my review shortly, but in the meantime...

Lines That Made No Sense:

Malcolm (to Thea): "From the moment you were born, all I ever wanted was to protect you."
Malcolm didn't find out that Thea was his daughter until S2, when Thea was 18. So this line made no sense.

Black Siren (to Dinah): "You thought you could replace me? That's cute."
Black Siren was never a part of Team Arrow and she was never Black Canary. So this line made no sense.

Oliver: "I don't believe him. I can't believe him. But either way, Adrian Chase is not getting off this island."
I thought Oliver was not going to kill Chase, no matter what. And he told the ARGUS guard to leave. So is Oliver planning to lock Chase up, so he can starve to death? Or strand him on the island, so he can escape later? So this line made no sense.

My Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary for every time Samantha spoke:

Samantha (after Oliver asks her where's William): "I don't know. We were separated. Oliver, what is going on?"
Me: Duh, your son's father is the Green Arrow. What do you think is going on?

Samantha: "There's something I need to tell you."
Felicity: "Can we save the horribly awkward conversation for when we're off this island?"
Samantha: "No, that's what I need to say. When we get to the airplane, I'm not going to get on it."
Me: Then why are you walking all the way to the plane? Why not say something to Oliver - you know, the person who'll probably get to your son first?

Samantha: "I'm not leaving William behind."
Felicity: "Oliver will bring him back."
Samantha: "I know. But I can't abandon my son."
Me: No, but you can let him play with strange men who you don't identify to him.

Felicity: "You know, for what it's worth, I wasn't in favor of sending William away. Not that I was consulted."
Samantha: "Is that why you two broke up? I'm sorry, I just - I saw that you're not wearing your engagement ring. You know."
Me: First, they broke up because you unreasonably forced Oliver to lie to his fiance. And second, you're so worried and distraught about your son, but yet you still notice that another woman is not wearing an engagement ring? Are we sure that Samantha hasn't been secretly stalking Oliver all these years?

Felicity: "Yeah. No, it was just - it's complicated."
Samantha: "I saw that kiss you gave him. It doesn't seem that complicated to me."
Me: Oh no, you didn't, bitch.

Samantha (after Thea steps on a land mine): "Well, someone needs to do something."
Me: No shit, Sherlock. Also, Captain Obvious.

Samantha (after Malcolm says he's taking Thea's place on the mine): "That's crazy."
Me: Takes one to know one.

Samantha: "Who's going to fly the plane now?"
Me: What do you care? You weren't even going to get on the plane, remember?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 22
36 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

GATV said BS had the best line of the night. What was it? Did I zone out again?

Don't even know cause they overhype her so bad. They have that boner for her so of course everything they say about her is so grand. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

GATV said BS had the best line of the night. What was it? Did I zone out again?

The only line I remember was about Dinah replacing her before Lance hit her. But it didn't make sense because she was never part of the team so more than one of the best it was one of the stupidest lines and also why would a fan of Laurel like hearing about how they replaced E1 Laurel?

• Love 1

Marilyn Vos Savant had been identified with the world's highest IQ at 228. I guess Felicity was figuring she and Curtis could easily top Marilyn's, making 500 a realistic number in her mind. 

11 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Can anyone explain Samantha's logic in going to the plane with the others and then staying behind? She would have gotten lost on that island in 2 minutes and then just been wandering around by herself and finding her would have been another problem they had to worry about. 

In the Arrowverse, becoming a parent instantly makes you lose any degree of rational sense when it comes to your children.

See also: Malcolm Merlyn, Oliver Queen, Martin Stein, Moira Queen, et al.

• Love 3

After this episode I'm wondering if they're going to let each and every member of Team Arrow whack Black Siren as a running joke.  

Felicity and Quentin have had turns. Will be hilarious if they let the others whack or punch her in each of her appearances or every second appearance.

I legitimately thought they'd explore Quentin struggling with seeing his baby's evil doppelgänger. Instead he whacks her and shows no remorse lol.

• Love 9
(edited)

Holy Moly, @tv echo, the writers really did Samantha no favors, why even bother with her presence on the island? 

There were a lot of needle scratching moments in this episode for me.

A live reenactment of me watching this episode:

IMG_3071.GIF.074a8ec2aa9a317d6a1eff223ddfc01e.GIF

Hahahah, @Mellowyellow, I think Lance is just D.O.N.E. with his daughters coming back from the dead. He's adopted a whack first, ask questions later policy. He needs an appointment with Dr. Slade Wilson, Therapist. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7

In the BS v BC fight, I thought it was draw. In combat and meta ability, it looked even. BS just got up first, which could be because she landed on a flat or relatively flat surface. BC landed jumbled in a boat.

Quentin taking out BS was the same as Felicity taking out BS. It doesn't speak to ability IMO, it speaks to plot and meta. She was going to be defeated. They wanted to make a statement. I think this one was that there shouldn't be any misconceptions, E1 Laurel isn't coming back and BC has officially been replaced.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, quarks said:

10. I'm....not feeling Evelyn here, guys. I know. The other villains I got - Chase is crazy, Harkness got a better offer, Talia is ticked at Oliver, Black Siren....ok, I'm at a loss for her, too, but that's a separate entry. But Evelyn? How did we get from "You weren't the hero I thought you were!" to "I shall participate in the kidnapping of a child and assume that getting put into a cage is all part of an Evil Plan." Oh, Evelyn. I had hopes for you during the brief moment where you spouted a personality, but I guess I shouldn't have hoped. 

Spoiler Alert: Next season we learn that Evelyn was actually the mastermind behind all of this, not Chase.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Felicity: "You know, for what it's worth, I wasn't in favor of sending William away. Not that I was consulted."
Samantha: "Is that why you two broke up? I'm sorry, I just - I saw that you're not wearing your engagement ring. You know."
Me: First, they broke up because you unreasonably forced Oliver to lie to his fiance. And second, you're so worried and distraught about your son, but yet you still notice that another woman is not wearing an engagement ring? Are we sure that Samantha hasn't been secretly stalking Oliver all these years?

Re-reading that exchange, I realized something else that bugged me about Samantha commenting on Felicity's ringless finger. (Which, BTW, shut up, Samantha.) I guess it could have happened off-screen while they were in cages, but last time Samantha saw her, Felicity was in a wheelchair, so maybe she should have commented on her walking again instead of her relationship status. I get they wanted to bring that up and I guess have someone comment on the kiss (and felt Curtis had done enough commenting on Olicity in 520/522?), but it was just unnecessary. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

In the Arrowverse, becoming a parent instantly makes you lose any degree of rational sense when it comes to your children.

See also: Malcolm Merlyn, Oliver Queen, Martin Stein, Moira Queen, et al.

I'm at the point where I think that's why Felicity wanted a say with Crayola. She knows how super stupid Samantha and Oliver are with the Kid. She's protecting him.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I legitimately thought they'd explore Quentin struggling with seeing his baby's evil doppelgänger. Instead he whacks her and shows no remorse lol.

I loved Quentin's reaction. He was completely taken off guard at the beginning and now he resents the crazy woman that used her physical appearance to kidnap him and helps the big bad of the year. Can he have a talk with Oliver and explain to him that a person isn't just her looks?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, benteen said:

Yeah, they truly don't realize this or they just don't care.  But as I've said many, many times before, these writers write their characters to fit their scripts and don't write their scripts to fit their characters.  Although I suppose Oliver has always been this dumb...

No, he hasn't been this dumb.  In this very episode the flashbacks show him using his ruthless cunning, badass skills and knowledge of the island to take out Kovar and his heavily armed goons.  He even shot down a damn helicopter.  Where the fuck has that Oliver been all season?  And can we for Christ's sake have him back in the fall?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I wish Oliver had been the one to say he had regrets not Felicity. Stop making Felicity say apology adjacent things, show!

I took it as her regretting the lost time between them. Oliver screwed up etc etc (trust me I was advocating Felicity setting fire to the loft after 415) but at any point in time if Felicity had said "Let's get back together" he would have jumped. In that sense I was fine with the comment coming from Felicity. She was probably thinking they if they were going to die now they should just have gotten together earlier this year. 

I also took it as meta for the writers ffing up Olicity this season and regretting it. Makes me sleep better at night! 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, jenrising said:

Actually, this explains a lot. Myson is so stupid because he's only in kindergarten after missing so much school due to the constant kidnappings.

I wonder if they count as field trips by this point? Maybe he can get some extra credit each time he gets kidnapped or something.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 7
(edited)

Posted before reading through this thread (so apologies if I repeat comments)...

I loved seeing Slade Wilson, Nyssa al Ghul, and Moira Queen again. I loved some of the "epic" fights (Nyssa/Talia, BS/BC, Team Oliver/Team Chase) and some of the heart-to-heart conversations (Oliver/Thea, Oliver/Felicity, Oliver/Slade, Felicity/Thea). The flashback Oliver/Moira phone conversation is a standout, although I was distracted by the continuity failure of Oliver's beard.

That said, I was disappointed with the finale. Maybe it's because my expectations were too high after reading media tweets yesterday that praised and raved about how great the finale was. Still, it's bad storytelling when the hero's angst over his son left me cold and when I was wishing that Chase was telling the truth when he said that William was dead. And once again, Oliver was made to look stupid. After he jumped on the boat, instead of repeatedly punching Chase and yelling "Where's my son?" - Oliver should've just knocked Chase out, tied him up, and searched for his son on the effin' boat! Just open the cabin door!  If Chase is speeding away from the island on a boat, then odds are, William is on the boat.  Or William - who apparently inherited his father's stupid gene - could've yelled, "I'm in here!" or pounded on the door or - I don't know - opened the door? He wasn't gagged or tied up. 

Maybe I was disappointed because Oliver didn't defeat the Big Bad by outwitting him (like he defeated Slade in Season 2), but instead pretty much was reacting to Chase throughout the episode, like he reacted to Chase's moves throughout the season.

Maybe it's because I hate these types of cliffhangers where a large number of the cast appear to have been killed and you're left waiting to find out who lived and who died. The "everyone is dead" cliffhanger-type ending has been done to death on TV. We know that everyone (or mostly everyone) survives to next season. Otherwise, Arrow will be a show about Oliver and his son and - let's face it - who wants to watch SA acting alongside a child actor who can't act, and who'll probably grow another foot by October? 

Arrow always has a season premiere that starts in real time. So when S6 debuts, one of the following will occur:

1. Likely Scenario - 601 picks up 5 months later with everyone (or mostly everyone) back in Star City and working per usual, and we learn about what happened through exposition and/or flashbacks. This is the better option. They wouldn't need to bring back guest stars, but could explain what happened to them in dialogue. 
OR
2. Possible Scenario - 601 picks up 5 months later with only Oliver and his son in Star City, with Oliver being Mayor and a single dad. He's also given up being the Green Arrow to take care of his son. This scenario would require that Oliver stupidly assumed everyone died on the island, never went back to check for survivors, and just zoomed away in the speed boat with his son. It would also require that the survivors on the island were unable to communicate with anyone and took a few months to figure out how to get off the island.
OR
3. Unlikely Scenario - 601 picks up 5 months later, in a church with Oliver about to get married. He's standing at the front with William next to him, both wearing tuxes. A veiled bride walks down the aisle but when she reaches Oliver and he lifts her veil, she's someone we've never seen before. When the minister asks if anyone has objections, we hear Felicity's voice saying "I object." She, Diggle and the rest of the gang appear at the door in ragged clothing... Sorry! I got carried away thinking of stupid scenarios!

Incidentally, before the finale aired, WM said in an interview: "Specifically, in respect to our original Team Green Arrow, both Felicity and Dig will play crucial pieces, as well as Slade Wilson — those are the three that are going to have a lot to do with how to get in and out of this situation and how we finally put Chase where he belongs." (May 9, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)  Clearly, and as usual, WM lied oversold.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I also took it as meta for the writers ffing up Olicity this season and regretting it. Makes me sleep better at night! 

I accept your head canon and adopt it as my own. ?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

After this episode I'm wondering if they're going to let each and every member of Team Arrow whack Black Siren as a running joke.  

They could all take a number and start a queue.

7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Incidentally, before the finale aired, WM said in an interview: "Specifically, in respect to our original Team Green Arrow, both Felicity and Dig will play crucial pieces, as well as Slade Wilson — those are the three that are going to have a lot to do with how to get in and out of this situation and how we finally put Chase where he belongs." (May 9, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)  Clearly, and as usual, WM lied oversold.

Yeah, I'd like to know exactly what finale WM was talking about. 

• Love 8

I will have to watch this on ON-DEMAND. We had some serious weather issues last night and the channel showing Arrow decided to keep interrupting at all the best parts. I missed the beginning and the ending. I did see Chase shot himself but not went on before that.

It bugs me when the channels do that. All the important stuff was given in the first 30 seconds of the break. After that it was nine minutes of repeating and repeating the same info. They could have run a crawler across the bottom if they wanted to keep repeating. Besides, by the time the show started all the bad weather was almost 100 miles away almost out if the channel's viewing area. We didn't need to be told 20 times in the nine minutes that there was bad weather around us. It wasn't there but a hundred miles away. Guess the weather man wanted his 15 minutes of TV time, showing him tip tap on his laptop

• Love 1

Myson is at least 10 years old and has seen his mother and others drive cars. Why did he not drive the boat away? I know I could drive a boat at that age and the best part was that I most likely wasn't going to hit anything.

The only thing I can come up with was that he was either drugged or Chase scared the heck out of him telling him if he, Myson, did anything he would kill his mother.

Thought it was funny Myson didn't say anything, does that him just an extra?

Have to admit the kid doesn't bother me at all just wish this story had never happened.

I think that Felicity telling Sam that the IQs were 500 was telling us, the audience, that she was going to save them all like she does every 23rd episode.

58 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I loved Quentin's reaction. He was completely taken off guard at the beginning and now he resents the crazy woman that used her physical appearance to kidnap him and helps the big bad of the year. Can he have a talk with Oliver and explain to him that a person isn't just her looks?  

Yes! This is what I've been saying when she first showed up in SC. Someone should have been outraged by her manipulating them and using her likeness to their dead friend against them. It's horrible and no one touched on it. But if it was postponed in order for Lance to pull the trigger so to speak, I'm perfectly fine with it.

• Love 2

Really, I liked the finale all right, even if it wasn't nearly as epic as the show seemed to think it was. It had enough that I don't feel pissed off or annoyed, but it didn't have enough that I'm blown away by amazing action or emotions or anything.

The Good:

Slade Wilson! A non crazy Slade Wilson! I really loved their island friendship, and was really disappointed by how things ended with them (especially as his crazy was never explained all that well), so I was thrilled to see him back to his pre-crazy self, giving advice and calling Oliver "Kid" and being awesome.

Nyssa being a badass and kicking her sisters ass! My love for Nyssa is never ending, and I really like how her character has developed. Plus, Katrina Law is so compelling (and beautiful) that I could watch her just wander around being snarky and I would watch it. Can we get more Slade and Nyssa next season? I'm not saying make them regulars, but could we at least have them be reoccurring allies, now that Nyssa is firmly in anti-hero status, and Slade isn't crazy anymore?

Olicity kiss! Short but sweet, and the two of them are going to talk after all of this! Such cuties.

I liked the fight scenes, everyone kicked a lot of ass, which was nice to see.

Captain Boomerang returns! And Crixus gets to punch to punch out Asher one last time! With Mira as back up! God bless whatever casting director on this show is a huge Spartacus fan.

Stephens emoting almost made me give a shit about William. Almost.

Oh my GOD I miss Moira! That phone call just about killed me. Now that's a parent/child relationship I totally buy.

Dolphs character was hardly complex or dynamic, but he did bring a really strong presence to the show, and I'm alright with him coming back in the current timeline. Especially if that means Oliver and Anatoly team up again, and they make up.

The Bad:

Show, stop trying to make William try to happen. Its not going to happen. I just don't care at all about Oliver's relationship with this kid who we don't know, who he doesn't know, and is basically just a walking plot device. All I know about him is that he's a pretty stupid kid who existed to break up my beloved Olicity through stupid contrivances.

Speaking of Spawn, how damn useless is this kid? Was he drugged or threatened or something in the boat, because he didn't seem like he was, he just seemed like he was sitting their chilling on the boat, not contributing anything. The kid is like 10, freaking do something, or react to something, or act like an actual person, not a doll.

Does anyone actually think the whole freaking cast except for Oliver is dead now? Come on, we all know they're all fine.

Shut up Samantha. I wish Felicity just told her "Our engagement fell apart because of your dumbass rules about your kid." Alright I know it was more complicated than that, but still.

The flashbacks are finally over, which is good, but it also retcons a lot of what we knew about Oliver's issues going back from the first season, and that's bad.

Is that seriously how Malcolm is going out? Seriously? Because, as much as I've been annoyed with his presence over the years, the character deserves better than an offscreen death. He has been with the franchise since the first season, and has had a huge impact on this show and the rest of the franchise, and he has earned a bigger death.

Stop making stupid jokes, Curtis. Shit is clearly going down.

So, I guess I'm not really unhappy with the finale, but I'm not thrilled with it. I will probably watch it again to see more of how I feel. If nothing else, I am at least excited to see where we go from here, which is better than some of the other finales. As long as Spawn is gone. Because, seriously, forget that kid.    

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Does anyone actually think the whole freaking cast except for Oliver is dead now? Come on, we all know they're all fine.

This is why I loved that cliffhanger LMAO

• Love 5
(edited)

Way back in Season 1 Oliver threw a flechette into the medial artery(?) in the arm of the Dodger so that he couldn't trigger the bomb on Felicity's neck why didn't he do that to Chase? In other words couldn't move his arm.

Thought the skeletal remains of Constantine/ Dolph was a great way to go to the fb. Also liked that they finally got the burn on his back and the wound. The only problem with that was when we saw him in the mirror in the Pilot those wounds were completely healed so didn't work for me.

I figure that Talia set all the bombs and took care of everything because of  revenge for her father. She wasn't expecting Nyssa. The number of bombs was ridiculous. I just think if they were to show Lian Yu in present times we would see a barren island. If they showed it 5-6 months from now the vegetation would all be growing back. 

Chase just isn't that smart so the bazillion steps ahead never crossed my mind other than the writers were writing for plot and nothing else.

Are they going to have the Arrow Babysitting Group take care of all the kids next year?

Edited by BunsenBurner
Clarification
  • Love 2
(edited)

I know that's it's a comic book show so a reliance on tropes is baked in but I think the rushed paced really hindered their ability to develop them beyond setup. It's like MG and WM went on TV Tropes and fell in a timesink clicking links and then ran out of time to finish writing the episode. (Happens to the best of us, guys.)

I think Dead Man's switches are usually connected to heartbeats or brainwaves these days. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Finally able to watch the episode as a whole. Idk.

I don't know what the reviewers were saying about OTA being front and center. I didn't see that. 

It was nice to see Oliver interact with Slade again and Nyssa was fantastic, would have liked to see her with Felicity and Quentin. 

Malcolm's death was super anticlimactic, but it got rid of him and I got a nice Felicity and Thea scene with a Noah mention out of it. Win.

BS telling a calm bunch of hostages to calm down was funny. Stupid line. So I guess BS doesn't care about Quention afterall and there's no lingering feelings for OQ. Villain. 

I cringed everytime Crayola was brought up. I understood Olivers desperation but I'm so annoyed that I'm supposed to care about this Kid. 

I loved seeing Moira and that scene was nicely acted but Oliver really didn't look like S1 Oliver. Honestly nothing about the character did for me. It took me out of the scene. I also think we should have seen JS back this season, we didn't get enough insight into Olivers relationship with Robert. It's not as bad of a failing as Crayola and Oliver, but it was a miss for me. 

I'm watching Unthinkable (much better finale IMO) now and I'm tried of the kill-no-kill thing. Just stop. The whole time Oliver was telling Chase he wouldn't kill him and be that monster, I just kept thinking if a madman had my child I wouldn't hesitate to kill him. 

Overall it was alright. 

• Love 7

So I suppose we are supposed to think that everyone died?  Except for the fact that if everyone died, there would be no show.  They could have at least had a voiceover of someone shouting "she's dead" so we think that one person won't make it and then spend the summer wondering who.  I'm assuming everyone made it into one of Argus' underground bunkers.

Not looking forward to the horrific Katie Cassidy and next season.  Why would they want to bring her back?  She adds no value to the show.

I am hoping that the sensational Katrina  Law sticks around.  As do Slade and Talia.  The guy who plays Asher from Spartacus can die, and so can Evelyn Sharp.

During the flashback, just before Oliver shot the arrow to light the pyre that got him saved, he put on a wig of long hair.  Why?  Was this to make it look like he'd been stuck on the island for five years?  Wouldn't this wig have noticed right away when he was checked out at a hospital upon his return to Star(ling) City?

Moira Dearden Queen!  I really miss Susannah Thompson.  Fantastic character, great actress.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

In the BS v BC fight, I thought it was draw. In combat and meta ability, it looked even. BS just got up first, which could be because she landed on a flat or relatively flat surface. BC landed jumbled in a boat.

Yeah, they seemed to be evenly matched in terms of skill but at the end of the Canary Cry-off, BC was catapulted through a wall of bricks while BS got thrown back into an empty room. That's what allowed BS to gain the upper hand before Quentin knocked her out. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Slade Wilson! A non crazy Slade Wilson! I really loved their island friendship, and was really disappointed by how things ended with them (especially as his crazy was never explained all that well)

Dolphs character was hardly complex or dynamic, but he did bring a really strong presence to the show, and I'm alright with him coming back in the current timeline. Especially if that means Oliver and Anatoly team up again, and they make up.

It was the effects of the Mirikuru(sp?) that made Slade crazy. And like he told Oliver, it was all out of his system.

Not sure Kovar can come back from a broken/snapped neck. I think he's dead dead. That was his skeletal remains we saw on Lian Yu, I believe.

I wish Team Arrow had also gotten Katana to return to help.

Samantha and HERSON are just wastes of space. And I never considered her a good person-I mean how good could she be, willing to fuck Oliver, knowing he had a girlfriend (were she and Laurel friends?)? Or did she just not care/thought her wuv would change his cheatin' ways??

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was the effects of the Mirikuru(sp?) that made Slade crazy. And like he told Oliver, it was all out of his system.

Yeah but what about that mid season 3 episode? He got cured in the season 2 finale and that's how Oliver defeated him.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Some nice gifs from the Oohlo review...

5-25-siren.gif

I could watch this one over and over until the cows come home.  Words cannot express just how much I loathe Katie Cassidy and Laurel/Black Siren.  So satisfying to watch Quentin take her out.

• Love 10