Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E23: Lian Yu

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, popgoesculture said:

I didn't want them to start rolling around on the ground right there because, yes, that'd be super weird, but I think I expected more urgency/relief/investment to it? For me, EBR was selling it more than SA was. Something about the moment just didn't work. 

I was actually more touched by the kiss on the forehead from Felicity to Thea. That read as much more heartfelt and organic to me. 

I agree with the others that said Oliver was surprised by the kiss, but I also think he was in battle mode and it took him partway into the kiss to come out of it.  But the mechanical way he had been acting, so very focused and doing that worried calm thing, melted away with the kiss and we go that little delighted smile when he asked "What was that for?" that bloomed even bigger the more Felicity talked.  By the time he went in for the hug, I was feeling it all very nicely from them both and yeah, he's blinking back tears as he hugs her so while the kiss itself wasn't the best, everything after it was great.  

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

LMAO!

She's just referring to herself and Curits. The line is: "Oh, don't worry, between Curtis and I we have over 500 points of IQ, so ..."

It had to just be hyperbole but I'm going to take it as snark directed at Samantha made with the assumption she could say any high number and Samantha wouldn't know better.    

57 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Welp, sounds like Malcolm really is really most sincerely dead according to JB's FB post. I take him at his word on this one.

Damn.

I'm going to miss JB.  From that it sounds like it wasn't his choice to leave the show, but he understands why he was written out and no hard feelings.  But yeah, that offscreen death leave open possibilities, just not for next year and maybe not after that but at least the door isn't closed.    

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

This is what the mother of the century focuses on when she's been separated from her son for possibly weeks? 

I was just about to ask, was Myson on the battle tugboat for the last three weeks? Was Samantha on the island for the last three weeks? She was pretty calm about being in captivity for three weeks. Three weeks! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I was just about to ask, was Myson on the battle tugboat for the last three weeks? Was Samantha on the island for the last three weeks? She was pretty calm about being in captivity for three weeks. Three weeks! 

I'm not sure how much time was supposed to have passed between the end of 520 and 523.  At least a week for Oliver to recover from his injury but after that, 521-523 could have all happened in a handful of days.  And we don't know WHEN Chase took Myson. He might have just scoped him out and chatted for a bit in 520 and not grabbed him til 522.  

• Love 1

I'd leave the door open for Malcolm. Maybe that's where Eobard and Damien picked him up. A Barrowman is a terrible thing to waste.

Basically: S5 Arrow finale = 1985(?) SNL finale; Oliver Queen = Lorne Michaels; William = John Lovitz.

As certain Internet people might put it: "WERE VIGILANTE?!?"

You know what I wonder? What if Oliver hadn't been able to catch up to Chase for the boat scene? What if something had happened, like Black Siren waking up and screaming and bringing down the temple and trapping the fighters inside or something? What would Chase have done then? Wait with William in the boat? Take him away with him? Go back and free Oliver so he'd get that boat showdown? 

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

You know what I wonder? What if Oliver hadn't been able to catch up to Chase for the boat scene? What if something had happened, like Black Siren waking up and screaming and bringing down the temple and trapping the fighters inside or something? What would Chase have done then? Wait with William in the boat? Take him away with him? Go back and free Oliver so he'd get that boat showdown? 

He would have circled back around or faked a stalled engine. No way he wanted to be stuck with that kid. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Go back and free Oliver so he'd get that boat showdown? 

Yep.  

There was a blessed moment where I wondered if the show really would kill Myson, but those fleeting seconds passed swiftly.  Interesting that while Chase was in the  Temple trying to get Oliver to kill him. Myson was safe in the boat.  Not even tied up.  Just waiting patiently in the cabin.  

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Interesting that while Chase was in the  Temple trying to get Oliver to kill him. Myson was safe in the boat.  Not even tied up.  Just waiting patiently in the cabin.  

Chase probably left him a stash of coloring books. And crayons, of course.

• Love 13

I hope Nyssa gets to join Felicity and Thea for a Bad Dad Club pow wow. Don't get me wrong, I loved getting that Felicity/Thea scene (I guess one emotional scene per season is the best we can get), but Nyssa needs to bring some much needed levity and perspective there. You would be a disappointment to our father. -I was always a disappointment to him. I cheered, I kid you not.

36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yep.  

There was a blessed moment where I wondered if the show really would kill Myson, but those fleeting seconds passed swiftly.  Interesting that while Chase was in the  Temple trying to get Oliver to kill him. Myson was safe in the boat.  Not even tied up.  Just waiting patiently in the cabin.  

It would be extra dumb if he went running around the booby trapped island. Though how badass and funny would it have been to let the kid be capable and take off in the boat after Chase left him there, underestamating him? Then the big bad villain comes to that dock and... Shit. Ah, well, maybe Sara Diggle could have grown up into such a kid, she was cruising on a motor bike, avoiding bullets strapped to daddy's back at the ripe old age of 1.

• Love 7

My first impression having just watched the episode is that it was surprisingly tiresome. Chase is just such a one-dimensional villain and the motivations for his henchman are non-existent. If I had to watch yet another scene of Oliver yelling "Where's my SON?!?" I was honestly going to fast forward. I don't understand why Oliver didn't jump on that boat, throw Chase into the water and then search it. It was obvious that's where William was.

I'm not saying it was bad - it wasn't - I'm just saying I'm glad the crazy omniscient villain who does things because he's crazy and omniscient is gone. Seriously, he was so ill-defined that at the end I half expected him to say, "Finally, your son knows who you are and you've accepted you're not a killer. It's about time you learned the lesson about yourself I've been trying to teach you. Stop blaming yourself for things that aren't your fault. I needed to show you what a real killer was so you can learn that isn't you. You're a hero. Live well, Oliver. Now take me to a medical facility."

• Love 10

Haven't watched the finale yet (though I watched the Olicity kiss, Oliver calling Moira and the last scene with Chase shooting himself and blowing the island; reading the first page, and i think I'm gonna skip it, like I skipped last week episode too. Seriously between them bringing back KC and the latest episodes which I only kind of read about (minus the Olicity bottle episode) i'm really happy I dropped the show earlier this season.

So was there only one small scene with Moira?

It's kind of weird, I sort of care about the show - okay actually I only care about OTA, Lance, and Thea as characters but the shitty story telling for them has brought me to- at the same time I sort of don't care. Whatever, farewell Arrow, you were amazing! when you were well written, you are now but a shadow of your former self. they should have killed Laurel and not brought stupid drama into Olicity love life, maybe I would have stuck around.

• Love 4
(edited)

This cliffhanger is stupid. We know they're not gonna kill off THE ENTIRE SUPPORTING CAST of the show. So why even go there?

Hell, I don't even believe Malcom is dead. He probably went to that boat on the other side of the island and got everyone out in time.

Edited by mrspidey
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

This bugged me too. But not just for logical reasons but the fact that he was acting like he's known William his whole life, hugging and kissing him. It's just not realistic to me? He barely spent any time with him. IDGI. 

They missed the scene where William said, "Who the hell are you and why are you touching me, weirdo."

Oh wait, Oliver is one of those 'friends of his mother' that just kidnapped him.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Anyway, after reading through the board before watching tonight and because I figured I might get kinda bored, I decided that, for fun, I would try to count how many times "My Son" was going to be referenced. It wasn't fun keeping track of it, by the way. The more that kid was referenced as though he was someone other than a crayon-loving plot device, the more I felt a bit frustrated about this episode because I don't know William and I don't care for that child and I certainly don't have any sort of attachment to Oliver's non-existent relationship with him, the actor's inability to emote and make me feel something for him, notwithstanding.

• Oliver saying "My Son" = 13
  • Other people saying "Your Son" = 9 (with one of those being a "Your kid")
  • Oliver saying "William" = 5
  • Other people saying "William" = 6
  • Oliver saying "Your son" to Slade, Slade saying "My son", Oliver saying "Our sons", Samantha saying "My Son", Moira saying "My son" = 1 each

I so love you for doing this. I wanted to know but I just wasn't up to doing it myself, lol.  

16 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

They missed the scene where William said, "Who the hell are you and why are you touching me, weirdo."

Oh wait, Oliver is one of those 'friends of his mother' that just kidnapped him.

I suddenly wonder how many other times William has been kidnapped that Samantha just forgot to mention.  Kid is way too much of an old pro at this.  

• Love 6

Meh. It was definitely better than last year's finale but no better than the others. I don't know why the media hyped it so much, it wasn't that special.

The one good scene was the phone conversation between Moira and Oliver. That made me emotional for real..I miss Moira so much. They were idiots to kill her off! Damn it.

I think Malcolm is going to live unfortunately. I'm so tired of his bs about Thea being his daughter, I wanted her to smack him with something to shut him up.

Talia/Nyssa was pretty great. They should have had more of them together this season, I really liked it.

The rest of the fighting sequences were pretty average and Dinah vs BS was embarrassing. Who choreographed that one?? So bad.

All the Oliver/"my son" stuff was a snooze fest..also that kid got kidnapped by a psychopath, the man he just found out is his father came to his rescue in the GA suit and he doesn't utter a word? Not even a scream? "Help me!"? Meh.

I'm afraid Samantha is dead..damn it. For the rest as I said yesterday it's a good cliffhanger for casual viewers, but for us it's no big deal.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oliver should've tied Chase up with one of those trick arrows. What the heck man?!? Freaking MySon everywhere to. Like really?

The only scene I liked of Oliver and the my son was when Chase brings him out of his crayola filled cubbie and Oliver goes "Oh" all concerned and nocks his arrow. I found that touching a little bit. 

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Meh. It was definitely better than last year's finale but no better than the others. I don't know why the media hyped it so much, it wasn't that special.

All the Oliver/"my son" stuff was a snooze fest..also that kid got kidnapped by a psychopath, the man he just found out is his father came to his rescue in the GA suit and he doesn't utter a word? Not even a scream? "Help me!"? Meh.

I'm afraid Samantha is dead..damn it. For the rest as I said yesterday it's a good cliffhanger for casual viewers, but for us it's no big deal.

I agree, S4 finale was the weakest out of 5 seasons, there was not one emotional moment there ... 

oliver's son is the dumbest person around who doesn't even know when he is being kidnapped half the time. Given his proclivity for kidnapping, one would think he was birthed by Laurel, who was also a queen of being kidnapped back in the day when she mattered to the storyline instead of uber liar Samantha ... 

would have appreciated writers more if they had killed Myson instead of everyone else 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm going to miss JB.  From that it sounds like it wasn't his choice to leave the show, but he understands why he was written out and no hard feelings.  But yeah, that offscreen death leave open possibilities, just not for next year and maybe not after that but at least the door isn't closed.    

Spoiler

MG said it's up to the actor if he wants to come back or something like that..

Can I say that I enjoyed the episode but was underwhelmed by the ending? Maybe I am personally a little sensitive when it comes to explosions and bombs at the moment but I didn't think 'OMG, everyone is dead' but rather 'how could Chase predicted everything to go his way'. I doubt anyone is dead or at least I hope that. We will see.

Anyway, I loved, loved, loved Moira....Can't she come back magically? Pretty please? 

Also, like often mentioned, I don't care about Oliver's son and his dad emotions in the way the show probably wants me to. I care because I hope that children can have a childhood with love and happiness and should not have to go through trauma. That's why I care but not because the show made me want DadOliver. 

I am not that upset about Malcolm, mostly I feel like he overstayed his welcome and they didn't really know what to do with him this season. That being said, I wouldn't have minded him being around 1-2 episodes each season.

The only two things I am curious about is whether Manu will come back next season for the premiere or if the stunt person will once again run around in full costume and how they go about resolving the cliffhanger. I dread it will be a somewhat underwhelming explanation but I still want to see how the people manage to survive a whole island exploding. Maybe the episode will be a flashback episode with present parts thrown in. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I'm afraid Samantha is dead..damn it. 

I understand that fear and to a degree I share it, especially since with a cliffhanger like that someone kind of has to die, but I don't see how the show would address its hero as a single parent who willingly risks his life on nightly basis (and is never home between being mayor/Green Arrow.)  They're already going to run into that problem with Rene if he gets Zoe back so maybe they wouldn't care but he's also not the hero. 

I'm in the Malcolm's not actually dead camp. He survived a pretty much on-screen death, I just can't see him actually dying off-screen.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I understand that fear and to a degree I share it, especially since with a cliffhanger like that someone kind of has to die, but I don't see how the show would address its hero as a single parent who willingly risks his life on nightly basis (and is never home between being mayor/Green Arrow.)  They're already going to run into that problem with Rene if he gets Zoe back so maybe they wouldn't care but he's also not the hero. 

Maybe Samantha has parents that can take him? If it was a different show I wouldn't worry because a kid on this type of show seems dumb but those writers don't even seem to realize how a kid that age normally behaves so if they showed not to realize that he has needs that Oliver wouldn't be able to fulfill being the mayor and the GA I wouldn't be surprised. Also if she dies they can create drama with Oliver blaming himself or William blaming Oliver..hard to pass for them..ugh.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Maybe Samantha has parents that can take him? If it was a different show I wouldn't worry because a kid on this type of show seems dumb but those writers don't even seem to realize how a kid that age normally behaves so if they showed not to realize that he has needs that Oliver wouldn't be able to fulfill being the mayor and the GA I wouldn't be surprised. Also if she dies they can create drama with Oliver blaming himself or William blaming Oliver..hard to pass for them..ugh.

But the kid would actually have to act that out then and I don't see that happening.

• Love 4

I'm still a bit thrilled that Deathstroke assumed Oliver would "marry the blonde".

The scene at the end "It's going to be lonely without mum and Felicity" made up for the lack of interaction between Chase and Felicity for me. He knew who Felicity was and how important she was. In a packed finale what was good enough. 

Why are all villains Olicity shippers? Are they trying to say something about us *looks mildly offended*

I actually really like this finale the more I think about it. Will never live up to S3 but it was miles ahead of s4 which is great since 5A was soooooo weak.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Could be that Team Arrow survived by hiding in the Dharma Corporation hatch.

Wasn't it a seaplane?  The wing hydraulics sabotage means it can't fly but there's no reason it can't go kind of like a motorboat is there?  Also, they don't have to disarm all the C-4 on the island, just stuff close enough to blow them up.

I can't believe nobody giffed that first moment. I loved it. As I did the others in the photos and actually plenty more. When I think about it, there really were a lot of moments I thoroughly enjoyed, but they failed to make a cohesive, satisfying whole for me. Too many repeated beats (could have done without the tenth 'now you'll show everyone who you really are, Oliver') and mindless short fights. Although I applaud the director for intercutting the past and present fights to get over with them more quickly.

• Love 6
(edited)
33 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

How many Arrows did Oliver shoot? I found it pretty ridiculous his quiver was still completely full at the end of the episode...

I don't recall, but I don't remember him really shooting all that many.  He mostly seemed to engage in close quarters battles.

For me the ridiculous thing was how absurdly well-informed Chase seemed to be about everything.  "I know your identity!  I know about your son, William!  I know that the shit you took on June 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM weighed exactly 13.75 oz.!"

Also, how exactly was Chase in a position to make Digger a better offer?  Oliver has an in with ARGUS while Chase is a fugitive likely wanted across the globe.  I'm going to go with Digger is kinda stupid.  It's also odd that Chase was able to assemble this army of people in service to his grand scheme to... make life really suck for this one guy. 

I imagine Chase giving orders.  "We're going to kill people in his city.  We're going to kidnap his friends and family.  And I want at least a couple of you standing by ready at a moment's notice to short-sheet his bed!"

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, KirkB said:

If they insist on bringing KC back, I insist on Black Siren showing up only to be knocked out in every appearance. It doesn't have to be Felicity and Quentin either, everyone should get a turn.

That would be hilarious. I'd love to see them build on her "greatest hits"

• Love 16

This thread is consistently entertaining.

Chase, in the finale: You think that's impressive? I'm going to cover this entire island with explosive devices in between attending law school, becoming a DA, researching everything about Oliver, and killing people. Also, I shall do this right under the nose of ARGUS people guarding a prison on the island with a little supply boat on the island. AND THEN I SHALL BLOW UP AN ISLAND BECAUSE I HAVE ATTACHED THE DETONATOR TO MY HEARTBEAT. 

You said it.  The amount of stuff that Chase could do, a guy who as training for what, only 4 years, is staggering and not believable, even for this show.  Like how Cupid learned to be a badass archer who could go toe-to-toe with Oliver in about what, 6 months?

Oliver not knocking out Chase as soon as he shot him with the arrow was enraging.  Like a previous poster said, it's like Oliver WANTED the show to end in a cliffhanger.

It's embarrassing how Chase outthought Oliver at every, single turn.  About the only thing Chase got wrong was that Oliver wouldn't kill him at the end.  He didn't even care that Oliver had beaten him in a fight.  Otherwise, he outclassed and outthought (not exactly difficult) Oliver at EVERY SINGLE TURN this entire season.

• Love 6

To give credit where it's due, in that shining moment Oliver didn't buy Chase's story about killing William. That seemed to be the one thing that surprised Chase.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, benteen said:

Oliver not knocking out Chase as soon as he shot him with the arrow was enraging.  Like a previous poster said, it's like Oliver WANTED the show to end in a cliffhanger.

If Chase had a dead man's switch wouldn't knocking him out have blown up the island as well? At the very least Oliver should've tied him up. Chase could've still had a cyanide tablet hidden in a fake tooth or some other crazy shit that would've had the same result with Oliver being more proactive.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It had to just be hyperbole but I'm going to take it as snark directed at Samantha made with the assumption she could say any high number and Samantha wouldn't know better.    

Honestly, I personally can't make excuses for that shitty line. That was on the writers for making Felicity say it, so that made Oliver's line three episodes about Felicity's math always being right as, well, wrong. I assume they meant over 300, because that would make more sense, but for some reason, 500 sounded cooler to them? 

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I get why they wrote him off, but still, he should still get his money back on that shit redemption ending. I wish he would have at least mentioned failing Tommy so that's why he worked hard at being a better father for Thea. Also maybe more than a two minute death scene and its aftermath, and then forgetting that it ever happened. 

• Love 1

I'm surprised more people here didn't like this ep. I thought it was really, really good. Usually when the writers try to please everyone they fail miserably but they managed to strike a nice mix of action and one-on-one convos. I didn't even mind the William stuff. I still think he's a walking plot device but Amell emoted so damn much that I kind of cared. 

Maybe I'm just relieved that it didn't end with a flash forward, which I was dreading. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm surprised more people here didn't like this ep. I thought it was really, really good. Usually when the writers try to please everyone they fail miserably but they managed to strike a nice mix of action and one-on-one convos. I didn't even mind the William stuff. I still think he's a walking plot device but Amell emoted so damn much that I kind of cared. 

Maybe I'm just relieved that it didn't end with a flash forward, which I was dreading. 

It's not the episode I had a problem with. Standalone it was fine: Oliver shouting MY SON every two minutes notwithstanding. It's that it's a culmination of a season with a badly-drawn villain and his poorly-motivated henchmen. Chase is ridiculous and not in a good comic book way. And this episode just demonstrated everything that was wrong with him.

• Love 4

I judge an episode on whether I can watch it over and over. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the s2 finale. I have no desire to rewatch this episode though. But then I feel that way about most of this season. I don't even want to catch up on the episodes I've missed.

IDK. It just missed the mark for me. I agree there was a mix of good action and some nice character moments but it really did sometimes feel like a checklist had been made and they were buzzing through them very quickly. It came across a bit disjointed for that reason. It's weird. I do think if this had been a two hour finale, it would've landed better.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Chase had a dead man's switch wouldn't knocking him out have blown up the island as well? At the very least Oliver should've tied him up. Chase could've still had a cyanide tablet hidden in a fake tooth or some other crazy shit that would've had the same result with Oliver being more proactive.

Yeah, I expected Oliver to tie him up. It's badly edited/filmed/written because it made Oliver look dumb but, they were more concerned about the OMG Cliffhanger!

Flash did you same thing during their finale

Spoiler

with Cisco/Savitar during the finale, had Gypsy just lying kn yje ground while Savitar monologued about killing Cisco, it was so dumb and obvious that the only reason was so Caitlin would shake off Killer Frost and save Cisco

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, I expected Oliver to tie him up. It's badly edited/filmed/written because it made Oliver look dumb but, they were more concerned about the OMG Cliffhanger!

Flash did you same thing during their finale

Hide contents

with Cisco/Savitar during the finale, had Gypsy just lying kn yje ground while Savitar monologued about killing Cisco, it was so dumb and obvious that the only reason was so Caitlin would shake off Killer Frost and save Cisco

Well, we know they get a lot of mileage out of repeatedly making Oliver do dumb things. I don't think they realize how much they're hurting their character in the process. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I judge an episode on whether I can watch it over and over. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the s2 finale. I have no desire to rewatch this episode though. But then I feel that way about most of this season. I don't even want to catch up on the episodes I've missed.

IDK. It just missed the mark for me. I agree there was a mix of good action and some nice character moments but it really did sometimes feel like a checklist had been made and they were buzzing through them very quickly. It came across a bit disjointed for that reason. It's weird. I do think if this had been a two hour finale, it would've landed better.

I feel in the same way. They tried to do too much in too little time and everything felt too rushed. The phone call with Moira was the only emotional moment for me.

I loved the season 2 finale with OTA in the center of everything that was happening and Felicity having a key role. In this one Felictiy did barely anything and I don't even remember if Dig did something significant. Also in that episode they had a few people that weren't around the whole season like Nyssa, Sara, Lyla and the league but it was the right amount of people. This time there were so many people and if half of them died on that island I couldn't care less. 

• Love 11

I have watched that kiss like a gazillion times! 

Felicity: When it comes to the two of us I regret enough as it is

Me shouting at the Arrow Writers: So you snivelling bastards finally realised you screwed up by keeping my OTP apart all season!!!!!!!

• Love 2

That was pretty dumb.   I appreciated the Olicity, the Felicity/Thea scene (finally, geeze), Moira (of course) and that the whole episode took place during daylight (!) (was that a first?).  The present day island scenes were quite beautifully shot, I'll give them that.  I ff all the BS stuff except I did rewind her getting clocked by Lance.  I just don't care about most of these people anymore thanks to the terrible, terrible writing.

5 hours ago, SleepDeprived said:

Anyway, who exactly planted all those C4s on the island?

Seriously.  The graphics department went way, way overboard.  The shot of the island on Felicity's tablet was lit up like a Christmas tree, there were way too many bombs to be at all believable.  Oliver lived on that island for a couple of years and even he didn't manage to see every inch of it and I'm supposed to believe that Chase planted C4 in every nook and cranny under the, apparently not very, watchful eyes of ARGUS?  It's typical bad Arrow writing, as in, they never put logic to anything, just what looks cool at that moment.  They are still so, so bad at this writing thing.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

I don't recall, but I don't remember him really shooting all that many.  He mostly seemed to engage in close quarters battles.

That's my point... At this point his bow is just for decoration.. It's getting a bit stupid now. IMO

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

They always make the less skilled fighters take her down..they really love her. *sarcasm*

Lol surprise attacks from behind... If that's what they gotta do to stop her.. more power to her.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

Blowing up an entire island, especially a large one like Lian Yu, should cause some natural catastrophes, right? Did Chase just tsunami China?

I admit that I was wondering something along this line.  Wouldn't some nation's satellites pick up a massive explosion on an island?

Did Chase inherit his father's money or something?  Just trying to figure out how he accomplished all of this. I had forgotten that Argus controls the island so that makes what Chase did even more unbelievable and stupid.

35 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Well, we know they get a lot of mileage out of repeatedly making Oliver do dumb things. I don't think they realize how much they're hurting their character in the process. 

Yeah, they truly don't realize this or they just don't care.  But as I've said many, many times before, these writers write their characters to fit their scripts and don't write their scripts to fit their characters.  Although I suppose Oliver has always been this dumb...

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol surprise attacks from behind... If that's what they gotta do to stop her.. more power to her.

I thought decent fighters were supposed to always be aware of their surroundings. It's not like enemies yell "I'm here! I'm going to hit you!" before doing it.

• Love 15
(edited)
34 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

That's my point... At this point his bow is just for decoration.. It's getting a bit stupid now. IMO

I remember him shooting one at Chase? But yes a character called Arrow should probably, you know, use arrows.

51 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Yes, they really went overboard with it this season to make Chase work and he just seemed too stupid to live almost the whole season. I also don't think they realize that by making Oliver so dumb they are treating the audience like they are dumb too. 

I actually though the final boat scene was overwrought and didn't buy the parental hysteria. Also, Chase had him for at least a week so presumably he has both looked and talked to him? Ok, he was scared and irrational but I don't feel that's how's he's acted previously in those situations.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I resent the writers trying to emotionally manipulate me with a character they don't even write dialogue for. 

I wish Myson had been Mypuppy. John Wick made it work!

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3