Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Sari, Not Sari...

• Start Topic

Austen and Chelsea grow closer as Craig and Naomie visit a therapist; Kathryn hopes she and Thomas can co-parent; Patricia hosts an Indian-themed dinner, where a healer reveals the gang's future, but it's a revelation from Whitney that shocks the most.

I know you can't read people's minds, but while re-watching the last few episodes tonight, Katherine doesn't seem too upset for a woman who doesn't have those two little kids.  She's meeting up with friends, etc. like she's oblivious to what's going on in her life.  I don't get it.  IMO, I think she's cold.  Let's see how she acts in tonight's episode.

• Love 11

Katherine doesn't seem too upset for a woman who doesn't have those two little kids.  

As a very wise TV sage once said, "The challenge of teen parenthood isn't having a baby at 16.  It's having a 2-year-old at 18."

• Love 17
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

As a very wise TV sage once said, "The challenge of teen parenthood isn't having a baby at 16.  It's having a 2-year-old at 18."

She's 25 plenty of women her age have children.

• Love 6

I burst into tears when Austen told about his sister's fall. How utterly devastating. That story was so shocking to hear and gave me such a soft spot for Austen. He seems like a really good guy. His parents are so strong-I can't believe the pain they have gone through. Just so heartbreaking for the whole family. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

And the Award for best Dressed tonight goes to .................. MIchael( the butler).

Speaking of dressed...didn't Whitney's date get the memo that it was Indian night? What was up with the black Opera gloves? 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Speaking of dressed...didn't Whitney's date get the memo that it was Indian night? What was up with the black Opera gloves? 

11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That was Whitneys date ?????  Who is she and where did she come from?  Fixed up by Patricia?  I'm disappointed .. Thought Katherine & Thomas were going to have a conversation tonight.  Nuts.

• Love 4

Can someone explain to me why Naomi shouldn't share her mutual business with Craig but he is entitled to butting into everyone else's? And him trying to explain a quail hunt to Georgette Mosbacher who I'm sure is quite familiar with hunting given the Bush/Republican hierarchy placement and related societal expectations. I'm newer to the show than most but this guy is annoying me to no end. 

And while I understand Shep's point can someone inform him he's in the company of 70 year old women and not in a UGA dorm?

I'm Team Cam all the way this week. I've understand her thoughts seem unsympathetic but I also think she has a more sensitive BS meter than the rest of us.

And as much as I just don't have a handle on Austen he has been the best behaved by far. Aside from Chelsea who I might be crushing on. 

I want Kathryn off TV and in intensive therapy. I really am getting an entirely manipulative vibe from her. 

That said- Thomas should probably focus more on his mother's opinion than fathers...

20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a feeling she charges extra for costume charges. Or there was no box for 'Indian night' so he checked off opera wench on his order.

Is wench a de facto 4 letter word?

• Love 16
(edited)

Shep's line about Kathryn hypnotizing Whitney into giving her the keys to Thomas house was hilarious.

Was part of the final scene at Patricia's cut out? What was Cameran's point? Kathryn called Whitney, not her, so she should follow her own advice and stay out of it.

The your-own-dog caftans are creepy as hell.

Edited to add: I liked Thomas driving Kenzie around Charleston.

Charlotte having already served as the ring bearer at Landon's wedding was LOL.

Very very sad about Austins sister. 

I didn't need to know that much about Austin and Chelsea sexing. Good for them but TMi.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 12

Cameran wishes the best for Kathryn but still thinks she is the worst. Ha. 

I think Kathryn is beautiful and so is Kensie. I love Kathryn's expression in the preview when she sees Cameran with Whitney. 

Daisy makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

The dog caftans are really stupid. Who is their audience?

Man that is so sad about Kyle :(

• Love 7
(edited)

Kathryn's letter....oh boy. Now she's a "good person" who has always loved Thomas and felt deeply for him because he sees himself as not worthy? The unworthy part (sadly) may be true but...who is this redheaded imposter and what has she done with sociopathic lunatic Kathryn??

Yea, sorry. Not buying her Saint Kathryn B.S. Girl is still ice cold. Suddenly she misses her children?? Riiight. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

She's an immature 25 ... more like 15.  

Yes but that is on her, so I still don't understand how the quote about 16 year olds having babies applies to her.

34 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

he dog caftans are really stupid. Who is their audience?

I could name more than a handful of people I know! Not me I don't have pets but I am ordering the pj's for a friend when she starts selling them.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Kathryn's letter....oh boy. Now she's a "good person" who has always loved Thomas and felt deeply for him because he sees himself as not worthy? The unworthy part (sadly) may be true but...who is this redheaded imposter and what has she done with sociopathic lunatic Kathryn??

Yea, sorry. Not buying her Saint Kathryn B.S. Girl is still ice cold. Suddenly she misses her children?? Riiight. 

I agree with everything you say.  I don't feel sorry for Katherine.  I don't trust her.  Why is she reaching out to everyone and putting them on the spot?   The only people I feel sorry for are the two adorable kids and Thomas, who has to put up with her for the rest of his life.  She is a heartless wacko and will NEVER leave him alone.

• Love 9

Kathryn reached out to the father of her children.  What's wrong with that?

Kathryn reached out to Whitney.  What's wrong with that?  My problem with Cam is she says this is between Kathryn and TRav but Kathryn did reach out to TRav.  Cam made an assumption that she didn't or at least, that was my impression. 

I'm with Shep and Craig on this.  At that point Kathryn was 'sober' and she should be given a chance.  Heck, Whitney lied about 'his' relationship with Kathryn.  He's been no angel in the Kathryn saga.

Naomi and Craig have to stop with the name calling. 

• Love 15

Interesting to see that the psychic's prediction for Cameron's maternal status was right on the money timewise---she's due to deliver that baby near the end of '17 indeed! Maybe that was just conveniently predictable though; she seemed somewhat intent on evading Landon's question about a clear romantic interest within that group. And why was Craig's other original question cut off((it was shown in the S4 trailers)) about someone being in the group who didn't belong there, or something?? It just seemed odd that his question was completely edited out of the entire episode.

I don't blame Cameron one bit for being leery of Kathryn desperately trying to worm her way back into the group's good graces. It's creepy and almost pathological---girl seriously can't handle the idea of not being a major player on this show anymore. And I get that Craig and Shep just want to be peacemakers and all, but the girl is a mentally unstable drug addict deadbeat mom; what reason at all does she need to be hanging out with Whitney other than to beg for more screentime and party invites/drugs? She doesn't even act like she's concerned about having her kids back in her life or being a good mother to them; she's more worried about missing out on hanging/filming with the rest of the cast. 

• Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

And why was Craig's other original question cut off((it was shown in the S4 trailers)) about someone being in the group who didn't belong there, or something?? It just seemed odd that his question was completely edited out of the entire episode.

That's right, in the previews we saw that he asked if anyone there had "bad intentions" toward the group or something like that. Wonder why that got cut. 

1 hour ago, robroy said:

And while I understand Shep's point can someone inform him he's in the company of 70 year old women and not in a UGA dorm?

Georgette thanked the men for being gentlemen but Shep was no gentleman with that mouth. Yes, Shep, in your opinion people were being idiots, but you can leave the f-word out and still make your point, once, no need to repeat it vehemently. The seer was right in that he is not marriage material at this time. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

Kathyrn, please give up your dreams on becoming a model.  At 25, your actually pushing it age wise to really make it in modeling.  And it's probably not the best job for someone in rehab too.  Is that the only thing she has going for her in terms of job prospects?  She is a college graduate, no?

Naomi is a wet blanket to me.  Maybe it's her unhappiness about Craig, but she doesn't seem much better in terms of maturity level either.  

Austin's story is heartwrenching.  I can't even imagine losing a child, much less losing a child through a freak accident.  I'm sure they will always think "If we had only not gone to the cliff that day..."  Just awful.

• Love 6

It's amazing how most of these 'characters' can't seem to help themselves with using foul (sorry, I can't come up with a better word) language.  It's obvious they don't have children or work in an environment where you have to watch your mouth.  It's not that hard and it was requested that they use some decorum.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That was Whitneys date ?????  Who is she and where did she come from?  Fixed up by Patricia?  I'm disappointed .. Thought Katherine & Thomas were going to have a conversation tonight.  Nuts.

Charleston School of Acting and Modeling

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

That's right, in the previews we saw that he asked if anyone there had "bad intentions" toward the group or something like that. Wonder why that got cut. 

Georgette thanked the men for being gentlemen but Shep was no gentleman with that mouth. Yes, Shep, in your opinion people were being idiots, but you can leave the f-word out and still make your point, once, no need to repeat it vehemently. The seer was right in that he is not marriage material at this time. 

Oh Georgette was being sarcastic thanking them lol. Her mouth was puckered up & she looked pissed.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Kathyrn, please give up your dreams on becoming a model.  At 25, your actually pushing it age wise to really make it in modeling.  And it's probably not the best job for someone in rehab too.  Is that the only thing she has going for her in terms of job prospects?  She is a college graduate, no?

Naomi is a wet blanket to me.  Maybe it's her unhappiness about Craig, but she doesn't seem much better in terms of maturity level either.  

Austin's story is heartwrenching.  I can't even imagine losing a child, much less losing a child through a freak accident.  I'm sure they will always think "If we had only not gone to the cliff that day..."  Just awful.

Forgot to mention how human and likably vulnerable Austen became this episode---that was a brutal piece of info he shared, but it was brave of him to share it, nevertheless. The guy has definitely grown on me more with every episode. Lord knows he seems far more likable now than the verbal abuser known as Craig.

Kathryn really needs to ditch her sadly stale modeling dreams and refocus all those energies on Kensie---that's a gorgeous little girl who definitely has far more future modeling potential than her delusional mother. Kathryn might want to consider a far more viable career for herself when her time on this show ends, which will likely be sooner than later for her given how little she's appeared this season and how over her most of the cast truly is.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, diva2themax said:

Oh Georgette was being sarcastic thanking them lol. Her mouth was puckered up & she looked pissed.

I do find it funny that she's offended by their talk, but rationalized what The Donald has said.

“Quite frankly," Mosbacher said, “Some of the things Donald has said, no question are uncomfortable, but to be honest, I've heard those things at dinner parties in New York City many times by other people, and while they're offensive to some degree, the hypocrisy of it! Believe me, it's not something I haven't heard before."

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Cameran wishes the best for Kathryn but still thinks she is the worst. Ha. 

I think Kathryn is beautiful and so is Kensie. I love Kathryn's expression in the preview when she sees Cameran with Whitney. 

Daisy makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

The dog caftans are really stupid. Who is their audience?

Man that is so sad about Kyle :(

They are God awful. Looks like something you would see on a Walmart clearance rack. And she wants $200-300 for those hideous things!

Old Patty used to look so much more elegant. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, diva2themax said:

I thought it was sarcasm. She said it after Shep threw out his f-bomb. He didn't seem that drunk (which would also have been rude at an event hosted by women his grandmother's age) so despite his vocabulary, I guess he just lacks manners. 

I hope Kathryn will NOT focus on Kensie having some modeling career. I would applaud Thomas if he said "no" to that. IMO getting children into modeling is not good for their self-esteem in the long run. Plus, we know Kathryn would only be doing it to try to create some career for herself as well. What a stage mother she would be!

• Love 6

Wow, I just can't stand the slang and cussing at a dinner party with parents/grandparents present and they are also hosts of the event! So disrespectful.

My mom is in her 70's now and  has been divorced for almost 40 years, I as her daughter am always included in invites to both her and my circle of friends we grew up with to weddings, baby showers, graduations ect.

I just cannot fathom showing up at one of these events and acting the way these people do.

• Love 10
(edited)

Uh, I can think of a question to ask that lady about Whitney:  Will he ever find the man of his dreams?  His "date" was making really weird unexplained faces, but was allowed to say nothing -- can we assume by the edit monkeys?  Wait, was this the same annoying beard-chick he's been shlepping around all this season?  So why would Kathryn be calling Whitney, of all people, when she was screaming in his face not so long ago?  Does she wanna offer to be his beard when this chick tires of it?

Good thing they avoided talking politics cuz Georgette is a staunch hard right-winger & I'd just as soon not hear any of her political opinions.

Eh, you're still a jackass, Horseteeth.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Heck, Whitney lied about 'his' relationship with Kathryn. 

According to Kathryn. They showed the first season in the ramp up to this season and Whitney's story has always been consistent and matches up with the conversations at the time, Kathryn has changed her story multiple times over the last four seasons and some of it is verifiably inaccurate.

I somehow missed the fact that TRav's parents were divorced when he was 10. 

Team Naomie. Craig telling her not to treat him like a piece of shit at the dinner party after denying how he acted towards her at the Sip and See was revolting. Also, after the dinner party breakup and he is reiterating his same point for the millionth time to Patricia who looks like she is about to butt in to tell him to shut the fuck up in a polite hostess way Naomi calmly asks him to drop it and he says everyone os screaming, which they weren't and wanders away muttering idiots. He is awful.

I was team Cam in the convo with Craig and Shep. Yes, she has been in the same room with Kathryn but they have never been more than passing acquaintances. The longest conversations they have ever had were show setups about fake looking for houses and Kathryn calling her to ask her to film, I mean have tea with her last season. Kathryn probably talked more to Chelsea in that producer driven hai4cut scene Cam over four seasons. 

• Love 10

Whatever happened to the scene where Landon told Chelsea to grow up?

Georgette, while still recognizable, thanks to her signature red hair is looking old.

forgot all about her...

I am glad that there were no political discussions at the dinner. I would hate to know where they all  stand.

Thomas is truly damaged. 54 years old and still trying to please his father....

on the positive, longevity runs in his family so he has plenty of time to heal...

Katherine working her steps, why not?

Who would be petty enough to refuse the kindness of forgiving an addict's idiotic acts?

As far as modeling, she could do some catalog work, imo.

Craig and Naomi annoy me as a couple. Sorry, but some relationships are not meant to be.

So much work, so quick? Negative. it is a waste of energy...

surely, Patricia realizes that Whitney is gay as the day is long...

I laughed out loud when she asks the seer if she would be still alive when Whitney will have a kid.

cant help it but like the Lady....

Those caftans are a bit tacky but I would purchase some as gag gifts. I don't know if 300 is reasonable for such a novelty item.

She should lose  the beading and charge $99, Imo.

• Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn is reaching out to the CAST. She could care less about these people being her friends, she wants airtime. That's the only reason she's suddenly being contrite and sorry for her batshit craziness.

Meh, if her going thru the steps on my TV can help someone copes with his/her recovery, I am all for this process being on tv.

Why are the women so against her?

There is a hint of jealousy there, imo.

Her recent  Snapchat show was quite something, lol.

I hope she keeps safe...

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5

Kathryn is reaching out to the CAST. She could care less about these people being her friends, she wants airtime. That's the only reason she's suddenly being contrite and sorry for her batshit craziness.

Yes, and I'd argue that's the same reason Cam & Landon are so opposed to her reaching out.  They want the same airtime, and a Kathryn return threatens that.

When someone is working a 12 step program and wants to make amends, you let them.  It doesn't mean that you have to be BFFs and hang out after.  It means that you let them speak their peace, wish them well, and move on.  It's healing for both parties.  

Cameran getting all upset about Kathryn reaching out to Whitney had nothing to do with the children and everything to do her position on the show.  I agreed with Craig & Shep.

• Love 14

The reverse could also be true.  Kathryn has been a driving force on the show and having her back could increase screen time for Craig & Shep, but I'm cynical and I don't think any of them have any other interests at heart other than their own.  

On the plus side it seems Craig & Shep have the same go to when people act out of accord to their expectations "fucking idiots", "fucking stupid", sigh it was so nice to see them have something in common again..........

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Meh, if her going thru the steps on my TV can help someone copes with his/her recovery, I am all for this process being on tv.

Why are the women so against her?

There is a hint of jealousy there, imo.

Her recent  Snapchat show was quite something, lol.

I hope she keeps safe...

Why are the women so against Kathryn?? Is this a joke question??

They know all about her poor character and volatile personality disorder-isn't that enough?? 

A bit of jealousy? Of what exactly? I was rewatching Season Two and Landon was very nice to Kathryn initially and very much on her side. Kathryn turned on her-like she always does. 

Why would Cameran ever be jealous of Kathryn? That is laughable! 

Kathryn is ONLY reaching out to Thomas, JD, Elizabeth, etc to remain on Southern Charm/TV! That is IT. I know her type. She is a master manipulator. Did you not see her ice cold treatment of Jennifer? Kathryn cares only about Kathryn. 

• Love 18