Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, snowbryneich said:

I'm curious as to why Eden ends up drowned/on the wall? it's been established via June that fertile adulteresses can redeem themselves in this way.  Omar's wife (Heather?) ended up a handmaid because they were harbouring June (arguably a worse crime than adultery) They seem to presume Eden is fertile so Nick had to sleep with her - why hasn't she been made to become a handmaid? More for shock value? 

I’ve been unable to find anything. AFAIK we can only speculate it has to do with the letters or Eden’s “adultery”. Or maybe the Waterfords blame her for June getting away. It’s got to be big to warrant execution, I hope they’re not just doing it for shock value.

8 hours ago, GraceK said:

I really hope Nick snaps soon and gets interesting. I hope that between witnessing his baby daughter being given away to psychopaths, the woman he loves grieving and abused , and his innocent wife murdered that something inside him snaps and he goes apeshit.

He'll probably react by making out with June in the middle of a hallway or sneaking into her room late at night. Like he always does.

Sooooooo, they're bringing June back to the Waterfords. AGAIN. And Nick is there, like nothing happened. I just... can't. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, snowbryneich said:

I'm curious as to why Eden ends up drowned/on the wall? it's been established via June that fertile adulteresses can redeem themselves in this way.  Omar's wife (Heather?) ended up a handmaid because they were harbouring June (arguably a worse crime than adultery) They seem to presume Eden is fertile so Nick had to sleep with her - why hasn't she been made to become a handmaid? More for shock value? 

The only half-way reasonable explanation I can come up with is that she hasn't proven to be fertile, unlike the handmaids. She never got pregnant, so in the eyes of Gilead she might as well be one of those barren women who contribute nothing to the society. But in all honesty, I think it's just a desperate attempt to find some logic where there's none.

Because realistically, Emily should have by all accounts been executed like half a dozen times already, fertile or not. And yet, here she is. It wouldn't even surprise me if she killed her new commander and his wife in their sleep and burned the house down, only to have Aunt Lydia tell her she's a bad girl and assign her to a new posting.

• Love 11
(edited)

In the promo for 2.12, that line that Fred says to Nick, “we always look out for one another”, gives me the impression that maybe Fred is the one who catches Eden and Isaac and maybe that’s why the punishment is so extreme.

Also, regarding Emily’s new placement, I think it’s possible the commander’s wife isn’t just hating on her, but is actually mentally ill. This could be an interesting household, with a maybe regretful commander on top of that. Of course by my saying that, it won’t be or if it is, the interesting parts will be retconned by the next episode or next season.

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

In the promo for 2.12, that line that Fred says to Nick, “we always look out for one another”, gives me the impression that maybe Fred is the one who catches Eden and Isaac and maybe that’s why the punishment is so extreme.

Ooo yes, I didn't think of that. That makes complete sense. 

We know from the promo that Eden runs away. 

We don't know what else she may have done to warrant that kind of death.  What could being drowned that way, with weights, possibly mean?  It's not a witch-style drowning, they didn't use weights.  They just threw them into sewer filled moats or other types of water.  If they drowned, they were innocent, if the swam and lived, they were guilty and burned at the stake.

Gilead loves it's symbolism, so what could be her crime?  Simple adultery got that Wife sent to the nuclear waste gulag.

Maybe Issac and Eden really did plot Nick's capture (very hard to believe) or June being stranded alone?  Endangering a baby would be a huge crime.

Or maybe it's just another good visual.

How in hell does Fred, and for that matter, June, talk themselves out of this?

• Love 1

I cannot with this nonsense. I haven’t even watched the latest episodes & these spoilers are making me utterly meh on the whole thing. I’ll probably hold out for the rest of the season, but won’t rush to watch, & if nothing gets resolved in episode 13, I’ll be out ? 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

If they drowned, they were innocent, if the swam and lived, they were guilty and burned at the stake.

Talk about a catch-22!

12 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Maybe Issac and Eden really did plot Nick's capture (very hard to believe) or June being stranded alone?  Endangering a baby would be a huge crime.

They don't have to have done anything for Fred to pin the crime on them. His word counts a lot more than theirs combined.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Also, regarding Emily’s new placement, I think it’s possible the commander’s wife isn’t just hating on her, but is actually mentally ill. This could be an interesting household, with a maybe regretful commander on top of that. Of course by my saying that, it won’t be or if it is, the interesting parts will be retconned by the next episode or next season.

Yeah, I was getting mentally ill in a Jane Eyre kind of way from that promo. The spoiler descriptions has said that it's a mysterious household or something, so I am going to cut them some slack until we see how this plays out. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. 

21 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

We don't know what else she may have done to warrant that kind of death.  What could being drowned that way, with weights, possibly mean?  It's not a witch-style drowning, they didn't use weights.  They just threw them into sewer filled moats or other types of water.  If they drowned, they were innocent, if the swam and lived, they were guilty and burned at the stake.

In one of the articles, Miller says that they got the "inspiration" from the witches' drownings. It's possible that they just took the idea of throwing someone into a vat of water as punishment and ran with it and that they're not totally revisiting the whole trial by water thing. 

• Love 3

So by mid-episode 12, the only forward momentum the show will have had this season is: June's baby is born.

Emily and Janine un-colonized.

June still at the Waterfords.

Nick un-wived.

Serena still bitter at her husband but only cares about 'her' baby anyway.

Moira and Luke still sitting around in Canada.

Rita and Lydia, they don't even try to give plot momentum.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, graefin said:

I'm sorry; which promo is this, and where can I watch it? Thanks in advance.

The episode 12 promo. It's under "extras" on Hulu, or you can probably find it on You Tube. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Talk about a catch-22!

They don't have to have done anything for Fred to pin the crime on them. His word counts a lot more than theirs combined.

Yes, that would be logical except the promo has Nick looking for Eden and something that implied she ran away.  I'm assuming Issac is missing as well, but it wasn't in the promo, other than he drowns with her, so it's a good guess they both left, young lovers style.

41 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, I was getting mentally ill in a Jane Eyre kind of way from that promo. The spoiler descriptions has said that it's a mysterious household or something, so I am going to cut them some slack until we see how this plays out. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. 

In one of the articles, Miller says that they got the "inspiration" from the witches' drownings. It's possible that they just took the idea of throwing someone into a vat of water as punishment and ran with it and that they're not totally revisiting the whole trial by water thing. 

That Commander does look interesting.  At least it will be a break from Fred and Serena's dysfunction and into some other kind. 

Honestly Fred should be going down early next season.  I think Serena survives, but only because the actress is so good in this role, I think the writers will keep her on.

Best scenario?  June gets to the cabin next season, WITH the baby.  Serena is sent to Jezebels, she's given the choice between the nuke colonies or that.  She'd ROCK those scenes, and in the book, Jezebel's really gets going after June's escape, starts having "best whore" contests, etc.

• Love 2
Just now, Umbelina said:

Honestly Fred should be going down early next season.  I think Serena survives, but only because the actress is so good in this role, I think the writers will keep her on.

Best scenario?  June gets to the cabin next season, WITH the baby.  Serena is sent to Jezebels, she's given the choice between the nuke colonies or that.  She'd ROCK those scenes, and in the book, Jezebel's really gets going after June's escape, starts having "best whore" contests, etc.

Yvonne has said that she is returning for season 3. We know that Rita is returning because Amanda Bruegel has posted pictures of herself on the set and tagged them as "season3." Now whether Serena Joy is coming back via flashbacks or nightmares, it's hard to say. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, graefin said:

I'm sorry; which promo is this, and where can I watch it? Thanks in advance.

Here’s a link: 

We don’t know definitively that Eden ran away. All we know is Nick looks for her and that she was gone when he woke up that morning. 

• Love 5

If I had to guess what happens in the finale, I'd say something goes down with Fred (perhaps instigated by Nick) that causes him to lose his power. The baby is taken away from them and Serena has a mental breakdown.

Of course, the season ends with a close-up shot of June saying "Fuck this". 

• Love 6
(edited)

The actress who plays the new Commander Lawrence's wife, I know the actress and her name is *righthere* but escapes me. Anyone know who it might be? It is literally driving me crazy. 

ETA: Also I can see where June would be back in the same household. She has a shit ton of damaging info she could blame on Fred and Serena, they have to keep her in check. So they bring her back. But Serena and this whole "did you let her touch my child...." Bitch she BIRTHED that child! What fantasy world are you in, seriously? 

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, jhjhjh said:

So by mid-episode 12, the only forward momentum the show will have had this season is: June's baby is born.

Emily and Janine un-colonized.

June still at the Waterfords.

Nick un-wived.

Serena still bitter at her husband but only cares about 'her' baby anyway.

Moira and Luke still sitting around in Canada.

Rita and Lydia, they don't even try to give plot momentum.

This show is spinning its wheels the same way that car was in the garage.

The effort to go nowhere fast is obscenely obvious, imo. 

For some reason the directors appear to be quite stubborn and blind about how to grow the show.

They want to keep it so solely focused on Gilead and June’s story but they’ve already done that, that was season one, season two was supposed to be a jump off, it was supposed to grow the material and show us the other side, show as what happened after June’s fateful van ride where the book left off.

If they did not want to do that, then they should not have ended season one the way that they did nor start off season two the way they did either, imo, they should have kept adding new material interwoven with the book’s centralized plot points, not try to have June taken out of Gilead with a neatly successful escape attempt underneath her belt. 

They should’ve shown us more of Gilead from June’s perspective and more information about how that society now works, everything from the Econo families lifestyle to seeing more from the military side of things, more meetings between the regime leaders, showing us different commanders and their households, etc, before they ever then tried to show us the outside world.

But now that we know it’s there, we know who lives on the other side, they can’t keep trying to bog us down with the same old same old, either grow and advance or let it die. 

And frankly I think they’re doing just that with this upcoming episode, for them to kill off Eden, a total waste, and Isaac who could’ve been something more and yet off he goes as well to the brutal Gilead chopping block, what’s the point of investing the time and the energy into a show that doesn’t seem to want to do the same when it comes to plot pacing, development, and concept?

As you said, absolutely nothing has happened with Rita, and they’ve had 13 episodes to have handled her story more than adequately, nothing on Lydia’s background, Moira and Luke are still stuck in neutral without any purpose, no work footage, no daily life footage, just a lot of crying and misery, June has lost her baby and is back living with her captures who have stolen her, Nick is Nick whatever that means, how did someone see it all ending up this way and think that would prove a worthwhile end result for anybody?

Emily is getting a new posting, why not June? Why does she keep having to be cuffed and tied to the Waterford’s? Give her a new platform and potentially a new way to escape, something.

I think the show really has a lot to make up for in season three. 

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

For some reason the directors appear to be quite stubborn and blind about how to grow the show.

An endless paycheck and awards are the reason.

28 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Here’s a link: 

We don’t know definitively that Eden ran away. All we know is Nick looks for her and that she was gone when he woke up that morning. 

Yes, true.  It's that we know what happens to her, and also why would she "be gone" when Nick woke up if she didn't run away.  She would have told him if she'd gone to the market, and really, where else is she allowed to go?

Oh, I did love that they ditched the shiny market of last season for the dark and simple market they go to now, by the way.

20 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

The actress who plays the new Commander Lawrence's wife, I know the actress and her name is *righthere* but escapes me. Anyone know who it might be? It is literally driving me crazy. 

ETA: Also I can see where June would be back in the same household. She has a shit ton of damaging info she could blame on Fred and Serena, they have to keep her in check. So they bring her back. But Serena and this whole "did you let her touch my child...." Bitch she BIRTHED that child! What fantasy world are you in, seriously? 

Good catch on why June is back there, but honestly, step it up guys.  Of course, her being there really is the only chance she could escape WITH Holly at some point, so...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5815156/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

The only "cast" I can see for this one. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

An endless paycheck and awards are the reason.

I just see it as laziness.  

Season two has consisted of them coasting on the goodwill and rampant, widespread approval of season one.

They had every opportunity to go further and get better with season two, building onto what they created in season one, instead they decided not to and crafted a season filled with multiple missed opportunities, and I think it will come back to haunt them, maybe not during awards season but with viewers, definitely. 

• Love 4

There's a car seat between Fred and Serena at the drowning! The same car seat in which he bring the baby to church to see June. Christ on a cracker, is this a twofer? Christening and drowning? Gilead, keeping torture cost effective. 

If this is correct, they have one sick social director, even for them. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

There's a car seat between Fred and Serena at the drowning! The same car seat in which he bring the baby to church to see June. Christ on a cracker, is this a twofer? Christening and drowning? Gilead, keeping torture cost effective. 

Nice catch. The only way it could get any better would be if everyone brings a covered dish for potluck.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Gilead loves it's symbolism, so what could be her crime?  Simple adultery got that Wife sent to the nuclear waste gulag.

Or maybe it's just another good visual.

How in hell does Fred, and for that matter, June, talk themselves out of this?

I'm really starting to think someone saw both Eden and Isaac kissing, and Nick's non-reaction. Maybe this was communicated to the Waterfords and they found some distorted way to pin June's disappearance on them...maybe build a case for adultery and escape and child endangerment. If they took any supplies you could tack on theft. Perhaps that's too many sins for the colonies or handmaid-hood? Or maybe Isaac betrayed the Waterfords in some way and implicates Eden. 

Not totally sure of this but I think some witch trials actually did include weights being tied to the victim? I seem to remember it was a measure to make SURE God *really* saved an innocent person and the witch wasn't using her magic to float...although if I was a witch sentenced to drowning I would immediately look for anti-drowning charms. Maybe grow gills like Harry Potter did oh god I tied Harry Potter to handmaid's tale please kill me

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

I'd rather drown than be burned at the stake.

However castle moats were often used for the "test" so think open sewers, people had little potty seats that hung out the windows over the moats.

5 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Nice catch. The only way it could get any better would be if everyone brings a covered dish for potluck.

Like the old public hangings. People used to bring the whole family and food stalls would set up. Good quality community entertainment! *yech*

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

Just watched the promo for episode 12 and... they get the baby.

June’s rapists and tormentors and torturers and abusers and hell gate keepers get her beautiful baby girl.

And Serena is off and going as the shrieking shew that she is as usual because her empty soul can never be satisfied with June’s constant agony as long as she has to look at her suffering up close and personal. 

I had a feeling they would get the kid, at least for the time being. But even still, after everything this season? 

I don’t know, this show just...it’s losing me. 

I said in another thread, I don't think I can watch at all, anymore. So Serena won't let Fred touch the baby. She has no right to, either! She isn't hers! I just can't. That baby girl belongs to June and Nick.

18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I wonder if that's Eden's father and sister to Rita's left:

THT_212_GK_0035RT-copy_595_Spoiler%20TV%

And Eden's mother as well, crying and hugging the sister:

THT_212_GK_0107RT-copy_595_Spoiler%20TV%

It doesn't look like the other econowives (to June's right) are upset, so those who are showing emotion are probably part of Eden's family. And Nick of course is carrying the same expression he always does.

Oh, and fuck Gilead for making a nursing mother witness an execution. Doesn't that kind of trauma mess with the milk supply? Again, no consideration for the baby's wellbeing.

I guess this is where Nick is shocked by the swift and brutal justice handed out. If what Umbelina said above, is right about Eden running off with Isaac, then I guess he tells someone, and they're found and executed. 

The point of Eden was to crush a heavily pregnant woman's hopes, and Nick's, as well, and to show added cruelty from the people who don't deserve to have that baby. Just a few episodes later, they get to horrify us once again, with her murder. Yet another terrifying way they will get rid of both men and women, in this little hellish world.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Umbelina said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5815156/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

The only "cast" I can see for this one. 

Ooh, Danielle Harris is listed. She was in the Halloween movies, and I haven't really seen her in anything else since.

From the promo photos, it looks like the christening happens in a church. Handmaids are sitting in pews, and Lydia has a hand on June's back or arm. June looks like she's ready to grab her baby, and make a run for it.

Edited by Anela
14 minutes ago, Anela said:

I said in another thread, I don't think I can watch at all, anymore. So Serena won't let Fred touch the baby. She has no right to, either! She isn't hers! I just can't. That baby girl belongs to June and Nick.

I guess this is where Nick is shocked by the swift and brutal justice handed out. If what Umbelina said above, is right about Eden running off with Isaac, then I guess he tells someone, and they're found and executed. 

The point of Eden was to crush a heavily pregnant woman's hopes, and Nick's, as well, and to show added cruelty from the people who don't deserve to have that baby. Just a few episodes later, they get to horrify us once again, with her murder. Yet another terrifying way they will get rid of both men and women, in this little hellish world.

I REALLY don't think Nick would do that, ever.

I would be shocked.

I'm betting Fred pins his idiocy on them, but they might just be caught in bed together someplace.  Who knows? 

It's even possible Issac somehow did have something to do with Nick being captured at the Lake House, but I find that pretty unbelievable.

We shall see. 

• Love 3

In a podcast, Miller said that Serena Joy was shot in the hip, not in the ovary or uterus. He didn't think that people would interpret that as proof of her infertility. He seemed surprise that people's minds went there. He said that he just wanted her shot in a place that was "serious but not life threatening." She could still possibly get pregnant. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Anela said:

As more and more spoilers come out, I am not holding out hope that the next two episodes are going to give me anything to look forward to for season three.

The show is going to need to do a lot of reworking and reevaluating if they are to have a chance, I think. 

The show has just gone so heavy-handed and overboard with the torture and torment and misery and despair and bleakness of it all, it’s just like anything, a dab will do ya, but they are not dabbing they are slathering us with hardship and heartache at every single turn and the very few little glimpses of light are so often then immediately blacked out by horrific scenes and images like a pregnant women being raped or two stupid kids making a mistake that will actually cost them their lives by being drowned alive.

Where is the break, show? Where is our relief?

We, the viewers, are the ones drowning now, I feel like. 

12 minutes ago, GraceK said:

The only winner here is Serena, who has her baby at last. FU show seriously. 

I remember when I saw the Israeli promo for episode 10 and I had such a sick feeling that Serena was going to end up with the baby, and for the show to go ahead and go that way, to pick that path of so called least resistance, giving that beast her blood baby after everything. 

When they had other options, they had other avenues, this was not the one to take after all the other past episode, in my opinion.

She was the last character that needed any kind of reward at the end of this very troubled season. 

I just feel like giving her Holly was a huge error in judgement. 

To me it reads as one gut punch too many. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I would be shocked.

I'm betting Fred pins his idiocy on them, but they might just be caught in bed together someplace.  Who knows? 

It's even possible Issac somehow did have something to do with Nick being captured at the Lake House, but I find that pretty unbelievable.

We shall see. 

People have predicted that he would throw her under a bus, to protect himself and June. I was thinking he couldn't find her, and that he'd say so, not deliberately hurt her. But the quote was that he sees how swift and brutal punishment can be there. I don't know what happened this episode. One of my friends said, "Well, that was an ordeal." Nope, not today. Not watching. 

• Love 1

I think it's a brilliant move IF June escapes next season.  It's the only possible way June could take Holly with her.

By "escape" I don't really even mean all the way to Canada, she may only make it to that cabin in Maine, anything could happen. 

But, putting June with Holly after all, instead of sending her away immediately?  Seems like they will want her to escape Boston soon.  After the reviews and comments this show is getting, I think they will have to do something and soon.

Emily and Janine can hold down the fort in Boston, and keep this being also a story about Handmaidens, but they better start telling the story of Gilead.

I'm also disappointed the are killing our only on-screen econowife.  Hopefully they will bring in more, because that's another thing the book was understandably vague about, and I do want to know more.  An econwife of a soldier who deserts and joins the resistance would be great, especially if his superiors don't know he's deserted.

Soon.

3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

In a podcast, Miller said that Serena Joy was shot in the hip, not in the ovary or uterus. He didn't think that people would interpret that as proof of her infertility. He seemed surprise that people's minds went there. He said that he just wanted her shot in a place that was "serious but not life threatening." She could still possibly get pregnant. 

...really dude? 

See, comments like that to me? His “Eureka” is showing.

The man is sometimes so clueless it hurts me.

He’s the one writing and directing this stuff but yet one of the easiest conclusions to come to totally skipped his mind and he never thought anyone would presume that was the case?

He’s the one who has painted Serena as so baby hungry, of course people think it would make sense for her to have been rendered infertile due to a gunshot to her pelvic region. 

• Love 12
Just now, Anela said:

People have predicted that he would throw her under a bus, to protect himself and June. I was thinking he couldn't find her, and that he'd say so, not deliberately hurt her. But the quote was that he sees how swift and brutal punishment can be there. I don't know what happened this episode. One of my friends said, "Well, that was an ordeal." Nope, not today. Not watching. 

It just doesn't seem like Nick is the one in trouble though, or that Nick would harm a child, given the events leading to this.

Fred is far more likely and far more desperate for a scapegoat.

1 minute ago, lavenderblue said:

Here's the cast list for the next episode; the other link takes me to the page for a 2016 movie.

Thanks.  No Mrs Lawrence listed.

• Love 1

I’m wondering if Rita might be behind it.

Eden already annoys her a good bit, but Issac is a little thug asshole, the way he treats Rita is obviously mean and cruel, demeaning, who knows if he might even have tried attacking her, she did mention as much to June. 

Perhaps Rita reports them, thinking they will just get punished and sent away, not realizing what their punishment will actually be. 

Or maybe she is just trying to target Isaac and doesn’t realize that Eden will be considered a co-conspirator instead of his captive. 

I actually like that idea because it would actively involve Rita in the storyline for longer than two seconds to bring someone some heated milk.

Rita can do a lot more than fetch milk or chop veggies, show

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Either 1) he's completely full of shit, or 2) the show needed a female showrunner from the start, and it's finally becoming excruciatingly apparent.

I used to find this show so terrifying and important-seeming, dwarfing everything else on television, and now I'm just hitting the FF button hard. The show has turned out to be a one-trick pony and the trick is now played out. 

Oh well. At least season 2 of Harlots starts up in a few weeks. (And that show is created and produced by women.) For those who didn't check out season 1, it should be available via Hulu, as will S2.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is this in a promo somewhere?  I

(edited)
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I would be shocked.

We shall see. 

Agreed. The same way so many looked to Eden as being behind something sinister and she only turned out to be an innocent kid, I don’t see Nick being behind anything sinister either. I feel like with the promo of Nick looking for Eden and her disappearing  and Fred’s line about “looking out for one another”, I can see him black vanning Eden and Isaac before Nick even being awake. And it’s only when they’re at the gathering at the pool that he understands what actually happened and what Waterford was referring to. 

I’ve never felt June would escape this season, but i do think it possible the season could end on some kind of hopeful cliffhanger. Not about escape, but maybe an opening to the rebellion and the future of things actually changing. 

I used to be an avid “The Walking Dead” watcher, I especially enjoyed some of its original characters and storylines, as the show is based off a comic book series. Then a showrunner came on and since his reign, he has ignored every bit of criticism, insulted his audience for not appreciating his genius, ignored the ratings dropping by half, just to stick with his own perspective, his own narrative, and force characters, including those original ones, into comic book storylines that worked terribly onscreen. So when i see all this criticism and the idea that Miller MUST change and realize that a bigger story must be told, I completely agree but am wary, as clearly I’ve seen other creators/showrunners that enthusiastically destroyed a successful show and good characters just because they couldn’t get outside their own heads and egos. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Anela said:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/979771/The-Handmaids-Tale-season-2-spoilers-Serena-Joy-Yvonne-Strahovski-Offred-Elisabeth-Moss

Someone predicting that there will be a big fire, and the baby is smuggled out. I don't know if that could happen, though. I can't picture Serena letting her out of her sight.

They don't use it as foreshadowing in that article but I've been suspicious that a fire is where this is going since Ep 10 where the scene after June being raped was of Nick staring at the house and flicking his lighter over and over

Pure speculation on my part but I wonder would Eden turn herself in for her adultery? She seems like a true believer and that she could believe maybe confessing would be a way for her and Isaac to be together

Edited by maggiegil
  • Love 2

It would be a nice touch for the show to have Nick, who has often been mindnumbingly blank other than the two times he's declared his love for June, burning up over Commander Fred parading around his baby daughter as some kind of trophy to the point that he burns it all down to get her and June out of there.  If he's saving up a big show of emotion, this would be the time for it.

Because otherwise?  These spoilers are just making me weary.   The real world is getting bad enough that I'm not sure I'm in this for the long haul anymore either if it's going to be an endless loop of cruelty and misery porn without any kind of point or forward momentum.  Look, I've found Serena's arc probably more fascinating than most.  I'm more than willing to watch her work through her culpability in her self-inflicted torment because the actress is just that good.  But what I'm not willing to do, show, is watch her be rewarded for two seasons of fuckery just for another go round of torturing June some more.  Her blissfully playing house with a stolen child for a season is a big no from me.

So burn it all down.  Do some world building.  Do something to give me some reason to want to come back for season 3.

• Love 12

I wonder what god awful religious BS name Serena Joy and Fred will give the June's baby?? 

....not that I won't be referring to her as Holly forever and always....

I am seriously considering that Isaac thought he'd do Eden a solid and get rid of June.....hence why Nick was not injured or killed and she was left, alone, heavily pregnant??  Plausible if not super stupid plan given they both end up feeding the fish....

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

I feel as though the show has set up that Serena will either end up in the colonies, or be threatened with being sent there.

Wherever she's sent, I'm sure it will last about as long as June's escape, Emily's Colony stay, Fred's hospital visit, Charangela's sickness, etc. They'll prob wrap it up in one episode.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I knew it!

• Love 3