Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

The show's reluctance to do anything finite with the plot is really grating. I've seen more plot progress in sitcoms, which are known for ending each episode exactly where they began.

Edited by NoSpam
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I'm ready for the end of Fred.  I think the new commander Emily has can fill that gap. 

From what I've read, I get the feeling he is play-acting at being a dick, until he determines he can trust Emily, at which point he tells her he's part of the Resistance.  At least I hope so.  The article about him says it's not clear whose side he's on (at first), that he has "regrets" about the way Gilead has turned out, and that the last episode goes to a really interesting place.

ETA, here's a segment from the piece:

Commander Lawrence, played by Bradley Whitford, will enter the picture in Episode 12, and he's about to make a big splash in the world we thought we understood.

"We're not sure where this guy is coming from," executive producer Warren Littlefield teases. "He is an economic architect of Gilead, and yet he has regrets. He's in a complicated marriage, and Emily is assigned to be a Handmaid at his household. He just doesn't play by any of the rules, and so we are whipsawed with his character, wondering, 'Good guy? Bad guy? I'm not sure.' And that plays to a wonderful conclusion in Season 2."

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Love 4

After all that's happened this season, the writers should not have let Serena nor Fred laid eyes on the baby.

There is only so much viewers will take before starting to give up.

There is no victory for the handmaids and it is compounded by the perpetuators always getting their way. There is no balance and it is getting tiresome 

In hindsight, the bomb was another wasted plot that was a manipulative move by the writers. It was so sweet to see that blast only for no one of importance to be really hurt while taking out more handmaids. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LordOfLotion said:

On a side note, there is a white couple with a dark baby and what appears to be a black wife with a white baby, so their casting seems to have been pretty sloppy as well.

handmaid2.jpg

I’m not sure what you mean by sloppy casting? These are photos of commanders/wives with babies born of handmaids. A white couple may have had a black handmaid? Thus a black baby... Or vice versa?

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

After all that's happened this season, the writers should not have let Serena nor Fred laid eyes on the baby.

There is no victory for the handmaids and it is compounded by the perpetuators always getting their way. There is no balance and it is getting tiresome 

In hindsight, the bomb was another wasted plot that was a manipulative move by the writers. It was so sweet to see that blast only for no one of importance to be really hurt while taking out more handmaids. 

In hindsight, the bomb had no real effect to Gilead, no. It brought back Janine and Emily to the main story and it made viewers soften to Serena bringing June as an editor, and it stopped Nick’s transfer, but ultimately it was used as its own reset without real ramifications to the “government”, which is weird. I’d honestly thought it would lead to the supposed Phase 2, but not so far. Just wasted stories everywhere. 

43 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

From what I've read, I get the feeling he is play-acting at being a dick, until he determines he can trust Emily, at which point he tells her he's part of the Resistance.  At least I hope so.  The article about him says it's not clear whose side he's on (at first), that he has "regrets" about the way Gilead has turned out, and that the last episode goes to a really interesting place.

My interpretation of what i’ve read about this character was different, but i much prefer this! 

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Oh crap.  I suppose it could be that Serena changes her mind about keeping June long enough to wean the baby?  That would be quite ridiculous really, and to me, pretty unbelievable.  June could always use a breast pump and the milk be delivered for Serena to use.

I'm ready for the end of Fred.  

Huh. This could very well be it. Fred’s dead, June goes to the Red Center to recover and to await her next placement, when surprise! Serena wants her back, playing up that suddenly she feels guilt for the rape and is on a baby high. So the household staff can stay the same, minus Fred and Eden, but plus the baby. And maybe June gets to go rape-free for a bit? 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I feel like so many of these plot points haven't gone anywhere. I'm starting to feel like the episodes taken individually are okay but have little cohesion when viewed as part of an ongoing narrative. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brn2bwild said:

This would be great....I’m still struggling with evil Bradley Whitford in Get Out! I’d rather have resistance Bradley Whitford!  A girl can dream, can’t she??

• Love 3

I have a prediction that Emily is going to escape this season, possibly with the help of her new commander. It was heavily foreshadowed when June spoke to her in the grocery store about her son.

And why haven't we seen any of the other relatives in Canada? I'd love to see Emily's wife. I also wish they'd develop Alma and Brianna a bit.

As visually stunning as the show is, I've been extremely disappointed in the writing.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, LittleRed84 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by sloppy casting? These are photos of commanders/wives with babies born of handmaids. A white couple may have had a black handmaid? Thus a black baby... Or vice versa?

They waited until almost the end of season 2 to show a black commander. It was really bizarre.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

They waited until almost the end of season 2 to show a black commander. It was really bizarre.

There was an older black Commander in the first season as well.  I can't remember which scenes, but it was commented on and noticed then.

So far, Gilead still hasn't addressed racism, and it doesn't seem like they are going to.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

There was an older black Commander in the first season as well.  I can't remember which scenes, but it was commented on and noticed then.

So far, Gilead still hasn't addressed racism, and it doesn't seem like they are going to.

I just watched season one again and I didn't see him! Looks like round 3 for me...

(edited)

(People of color exist in every strata of Gilead society, which ignores how racism has always been a schism throughout America, barring black people especially from finding wealth to pass on to future generations.) They appear only a few times: In the episode-four flashback detailing June and Moira’s partially successful escape from the Red Center, black and Asian Commanders are seen leaving the train that Moira boards to freedom. When June is at a clinic in the same episode, pictures line the walls showing Commanders and their wives cradling the infants that handmaids have given birth to. A few seem to be people of color, but they’re too hazily and briefly focused on to clearly make out the race of everyone pictured. In the finale, a tribunal of Commanders is gathered in order to decide the fate of one of their wayward members. One of the Commanders is black.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/the-handmaids-tale-greatest-failing-is-how-it-handles-race.html

@LordOfLotion

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Umbelina said:

This is probably the "soft reset." 

Nick was married, and now will no longer be married.  Eden was part of the story, but now is no longer part of the story.

Although I supposed it could mean anyone's death as well, including Fred's or Nick's, but since we know what happens to poor Eden and Issac?  Probably them.  The rest of the show goes on.  Still, how can it?  June isn't supposed to remain at the Waterford's after the baby is born, so no matter what, this show is going to change.

Oh crap.  I suppose it could be that Serena changes her mind about keeping June long enough to wean the baby?  That would be quite ridiculous really, and to me, pretty unbelievable.  June could always use a breast pump and the milk be delivered for Serena to use.

I'm ready for the end of Fred.  I think the new commander Emily has can fill that gap. 

Maybe Serena will follow Mrs. Putnam’s lead and testify against Fred, asking for the harshest possible punishment for him while painting herself as a victim of his depravity and abuse, begging for mercy and the chance to raise “her” baby whom he tried to harm at least once? June has already told Aunt Lydia that she’s afraid Fred was a danger to the baby but, by saying any man who would hurt a woman would hurt a child, she left out the fact that Serena is a also a monster. Agreeing to keep June around to nurse the baby is a small price to pay to stay alive and keep the baby. It would also keep our protagonists together for a while and buy some time for another escape plan next season.

• Love 2
(edited)

That could be a doll in the above photo. In The Childen of Men women treated dolls like thier babies, which is as sad at it sounds. Or Serena has had a psychotic break and actually thinks the doll is a baby.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, marinw said:

That could be a doll in the above photo. In The Childen of Men women treated dolls like thier babies, which is as sad at it sounds. Or Serena has had a psychotic break and actually thinks the doll is a baby.

I would seriously derive so much pleasure from seeing Serena crack up and start taking care of a doll like a demented Mrs. Havisham ( only with a baby instead of a wedding dress). Seriously I would laugh so hard.

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, marinw said:

The pictures on the website are from set design, not necessarily actual shots of the scene as it will air. They almost always use dolls during the first run throughs of lines (ie. for lighting purposes, staging, blocking, etc.). While I feel confident that this might actually be a doll, I don't think the doll itself is an actual plot point-it's probably just a stand in for the real baby who is only allowed a limited amount of time for filming. 

We can hope, though!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GraceK said:

I would seriously derive so much pleasure from seeing Serena crack up and start taking care of a doll like a demented Mrs. Havisham ( only with a baby instead of a wedding dress). Seriously I would laugh so hard.

I would normally find that scenario incredibly sad. But in this case I can see how one’s Schadenfreude would be triggered

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Umbelina said:

(People of color exist in every strata of Gilead society, which ignores how racism has always been a schism throughout America, barring black people especially from finding wealth to pass on to future generations.) They appear only a few times: In the episode-four flashback detailing June and Moira’s partially successful escape from the Red Center, black and Asian Commanders are seen leaving the train that Moira boards to freedom. When June is at a clinic in the same episode, pictures line the walls showing Commanders and their wives cradling the infants that handmaids have given birth to. A few seem to be people of color, but they’re too hazily and briefly focused on to clearly make out the race of everyone pictured. In the finale, a tribunal of Commanders is gathered in order to decide the fate of one of their wayward members. One of the Commanders is black.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/the-handmaids-tale-greatest-failing-is-how-it-handles-race.html

@LordOfLotion

I thought the article was a little bit confusing. It makes good points about how the SHOW is handling race. I agree and I wish that the writers had gone further on how race is seen in Gilead, the dynamics, and that they had stayed true to the intentions of the BOOK. Meaning that MY preference was to see a (Show) Gilead that rejects handmaids of color, commanders of color, children of color, but still showing where all of them are now, what happened to them.

The book Margaret Atwood wrote is clear in that Gilead is a white supremacist society, that the Christian fundamentalists were successful, for a period of time, to implement and maintain their idea of a superior race (and gender), but she leaves the fate and the actions of people of color for us to imagine. And that's where the writers disappoint me. I wish they had written Gilead to be like in the book, and then explored what happened with the people of color and where they are, in the second season. 

The article seems to criticize the fact that Atwood failed to include this in her book and I partly disagree with this. She did't write explicitly about the part people of color played but she did point out the horrors of a supremacist society. I think her intention was to emphasize misogyny, which can be a fair criticism.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, alexvillage said:

The book Margaret Atwood wrote is clear in that Gilead is a white supremacist society, that the Christian fundamentalists were successful, for a period of time, to implement and maintain their idea of a superior race (and gender), but she leaves the fate and the actions of people of color for us to imagine.

That's not at all how I remember the book.

Specifically "Children of Ham" (people of color) are sent to crop raising colonies.  Also, it was about the white race dying out completely, according to the fanatics who started Gilead.  Babies were still being born, as noted in the epilogue, in India, and in other more undeveloped nations like Africa.  White people specifically were the ones with fertility issues, probably from more industrialization, more pollution, more use of chemicals that poisoned the air and water, and of course from the nuclear power plant accidents.

I agree with you that "leaving race out of it" was a terrible thing, and that it was an important part of the book.  I do understand especially because when this show started filming it was right after "SO WHITE OSCARS!"  It was a political decision, and also, I doubt they wanted to really show a slave class growing cotton and whatever, and have that be the only option for the black actors.

Still, now with flashbacks and Canada?  I think they could have told a whole story, Atwood's whole story.  We've been discussing this in the Palimpsest, Book vs Show thread forever.  At that time though, they thought this was a one season show.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
(edited)

Does anyone think they've made it too easy to deduce Eden and Isaac are the unlucky ones in the pool? They haven't had an execution in awhile and it makes plot sense someone is going to need to take a fall for the Waterfords crimes and June and Nick's "crimes". I'm sure they're both toast. Still, there's not much mystery to such a big event.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
59 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Does anyone think they've made it too easy to deduce Eden and Nick are the unlucky ones in the pool? They haven't had an execution in awhile and it makes plot sense someone is going to need to take a fall for the Waterfords crimes and June and Nick's "crimes". I'm sure they're both toast. Still, there's not much mystery to such a big event.

It's not Eden and Nick IMO. It's Eden and Isaac.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, NoSpam said:

2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I do think including those clips, brief as they were in the promos, completely spoiled that Eden's a dead woman walking for even the least observant watcher.

We speculated forever on who that couple might be, but as soon as they showed Issac and Eden with the strawberries it was like, "Oh, okay! That settles that then..." In the case of this show, which doesn't always make narrative sense, it makes total sense to introduce a new character totally for the sake of proving a point and then eliminating them. Poor Issac. His sole purpose, it seems, is to serve as what is probably a soft plot reset. 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We speculated forever on who that couple might be, but as soon as they showed Issac and Eden with the strawberries it was like, "Oh, okay! That settles that then..." In the case of this show, which doesn't always make narrative sense, it makes total sense to introduce a new character totally for the sake of proving a point and then eliminating them. Poor Issac. His sole purpose, it seems, is to serve as what is probably a soft plot reset. 

Well, that, and the econowife was SO tiny.  I mean, Elizabeth Moss is 5'3" but Eden is very small.  So they are going to drown her and THEN hang her on the wall?

Holy crap, one site has her at 5'7" and the other  most others at 5'3"...I would have guessed 5'1" or so.

Nick is 5'9" same as Serena Joy.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I'm not going to watch this as it airs next season. I binged season 1 and that worked much better for me. I prefer my misery to be all at once so that I can get it over with and move on. This frustration and speculation week after week is dragging me down. (Probably another reason why I like spoilers.)

• Love 7

Here's a spoilery article about episode 11:

https://www.hypable.com/the-handmaids-tale-season-2-episode-11-hints-holly/

The predominant silence of The Handmaid’s Tale season 2, episode 11 is most starkly broken by an interlude with Fred and Serena, who are driven to frightening extremes by June’s latest disappearance. As June battles the elements, the Waterfords battle each other in a war of words almost astonishing in their violence.

Nick’s fate, and Eden’s involvement therein, remain unaddressed in “Holly.” Emily, Jeanine, and the rest of the handmaids are similarly unaddressed.

June’s choices in the episode create a new context for the series’ ideals… and of course, leave us wondering yet again where this little epic will lead.

• Love 5

In one of the filming notes about episode 11, the location is referred to as "the lake house." Now it could be that the big, abandoned mansion that Nick/June/Hannah were at is by a lake (we just don't see it) and that's just what production referred to it as. However, since future episodes say that June "returns to a familiar place", could she perhaps find herself at the little cabin that she and her family hid in earlier? That house was also by a lake. Food for thought.

Another thing...They've said that "motherhood" plays a big role in this season but it seems to me like fire does as well: June burned her Handmaid outfit, Serena Joy burned her matches, June burned the letters from the other Handmaids, Aunt Lydia burned the Handmaid's arm, the Red Center was bombed, etc. I am wondering if some sort of fire will figure into episode 13. In my favorite theory, the Waterfucks' house catches on fire and Nick gets the baby out and smuggles her to Canada with June. 

• Love 2

Yes the fire speculation and recurring imagery is being discussed on other spoiler boards in some detail, largely it appears because black Gilead fire trucks were seen on location (unless they were used in the bombing scene and didn’t make the edit).

(edited)
12 hours ago, NoSpam said:

D'oh! Meant that. Will edit.

I believe I read this on reddit, not here, but if it was here please forgive me. Apparently the actor who plays Nick says he acted very "unheroically" this season. That could mean anything, but if he sets up Eden to be executed to save June and himself it would set up a new arc for season 3 nicely. Having a 15-year-old innocent die for his decisions is a moral line that can't be uncrossed. I think it's equally likely it's Fred and Serena who set them up, though. Or there could have been an Eye assigned to watch Nick, who saw Eden and Isaac kissing and Nick ignoring it. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Just watched the promo for episode 12 and... they get the baby.

June’s rapists and tormentors and torturers and abusers and hell gate keepers get her beautiful baby girl.

And Serena is off and going as the shrieking shew that she is as usual because her empty soul can never be satisfied with June’s constant agony as long as she has to look at her suffering up close and personal. 

I had a feeling they would get the kid, at least for the time being. But even still, after everything this season? 

I don’t know, this show just...it’s losing me. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

Just watched the promo for episode 12 and... they get the baby.

June’s rapists and tormentors and torturers and abusers and hell gate keepers get her beautiful baby girl.

And Serena is off and going as the shrieking shew that she is as usual because her empty soul can never be satisfied with June’s constant agony as long as she has to look at her suffering up close and personal. 

I had a feeling they would get the kid, at least for the time being. But even still, after everything this season? 

I don’t know, this show just...it’s losing me. 

In the same episode where an innocent child is drowned and hanged?

Fuck this show 

• Love 2
(edited)

Photos for Episode 212

Well these photos seem to confirm that it's Eden & Issac that are thrown into the pool. June & Rita look horrified, Serena looks like she has tears in her eyes and is also sort of horrified. I'm assuming that is Eden's Parents and sister that are in between Nick & Rita. 

I wonder if something like this would make Serena again think twice about her place in Gillad? Probably not- she seems not to have much a soul at this point. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

In the same episode where an innocent child is drowned and hanged?

Fuck this show 

I am honestly at a loss about the direction they’re going in, especially for the next to last episode of the season. 

I feel like they have just lost the plot, it’s not making any sense to me.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I am honestly at a loss about the direction they’re going in, especially for the next to last episode of the season. 

I feel like they have just lost the plot, it’s not making any sense to me.

There is very little sublety left. I LOVED season 1 with its subtle references to imprisonment: no television or books, "wings" to keep the Handmaids from being seen, children's meals, etc. Yeah, life can suck and bad things can happen even in the depths of despair there are usually *some* wins here and there. This is playing out more like Les Mis-one miserable thing after another after another. It's like the show writers sat down and said, "Let's think of every terrible cliched thing that can happen to a woman and throw it in the pot!" (Without realizing that some of the *real* horrors come from the small reversals of freedom. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

wonder if something like this would make Serena again think twice about her place in Gillad? Probably not- she seems not to have much a soul at this point. 

Why would she? She has her baby now. Everyone around her could be murdered, be burned, have tongues ripped out, be raped, have genitals removed, be hung on walls, and she could literally step over the corpses with a tra la la, rocking her baby with a song in her heart.

• Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I wonder if that's Eden's father and sister to Rita's left:

THT_212_GK_0035RT-copy_595_Spoiler%20TV%

And Eden's mother as well, crying and hugging the sister:

THT_212_GK_0107RT-copy_595_Spoiler%20TV%

It doesn't look like the other econowives (to June's right) are upset, so those who are showing emotion are probably part of Eden's family. And Nick of course is carrying the same expression he always does.

Oh, and fuck Gilead for making a nursing mother witness an execution. Doesn't that kind of trauma mess with the milk supply? Again, no consideration for the baby's wellbeing.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

There is very little sublety left. I LOVED season 1 with its subtle references to imprisonment: no television or books, "wings" to keep the Handmaids from being seen, children's meals, etc. Yeah, life can suck and bad things can happen even in the depths of despair there are usually *some* wins here and there. This is playing out more like Les Mis-one miserable thing after another after another. It's like the show writers sat down and said, "Let's think of every terrible cliched thing that can happen to a woman and throw it in the pot!" (Without realizing that some of the *real* horrors come from the small reversals of freedom. 

I concur, my thinking is that season one was spectacular because they were able to follow Atwood’s guidelines almost to the letter, this season they’ve been left to their own devices and I just think that these writers, as a whole, are no Atwood.

I also think that because it was such a smash hit they felt like they had to go bigger and bolder with the themes from season one, they just picked, mostly, the wrong ones to focus on.

Even though they still have her blueprint to go by they have come up with some pretty ridiculous ideas and, as you said, the focus on the despair and the torture of women solely is just too much.

Atwood was the queen of nuance, that has pretty much all but vanished from the show as far as I can tell. 

28 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Well these photos seem to confirm that it's Eden & Issac that are thrown into the pool. June & Rita look horrified, Serena looks like she has tears in her eyes and is also sort of horrified. I'm assuming that is Eden's Parents and sister that are in between Nick & Rita. 

I agree, she and Issac probably, because they are stupid kids, act like stupid kids and get caught and they get caught by someone who refuses to cover for them and so off to the bottom of a death pool they go. 

What was the point of bringing Eden on then? 

She could have done a lot more, maybe even have been an undercover agent plant pretending to be a young teen when actually she’s part of the resistance there to help them escape. 

I know that sounds very James Bond but really, a waste of talent and a waste of a character that could’ve really been developed, in my opinion.

• Love 2

I really hope Nick snaps soon and gets interesting. I hope that between witnessing his baby daughter being given away to psychopaths, the woman he loves grieving and abused , and his innocent wife murdered that something inside him snaps and he goes apeshit.

• Love 8
Just now, GraceK said:

I really hope Nick snaps soon and gets interesting. I hope that between witnessing his baby daughter being given away to psychopaths, the woman he loves grieving and abused , and his innocent wife murdered that something inside him snaps and he goes apeshit.

I need June to tell him what they did to her finally, that would definitely send him off the deep end. 

8 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Why would she? She has her baby now. Everyone around her could be murdered, be burned, have tongues ripped out, be raped, have genitals removed, be hung on walls, and she could literally step over the corpses with a tra la la, rocking her baby with a song in her heart.

With a springy pep in her step as she pushes the pram down a blood soaked street.

9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

And Nick of course is carrying the same expression he always does.

Quick, someone pass him a note his baby bride is dying...seriously, that actor has one setting. 

It’s clear that he never gave a rat’s ass much about her but maybe some distress could’ve been achieved?

10 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Oh, and fuck Gilead for making a nursing mother witness an execution. Doesn't that kind of trauma mess with the milk supply? Again, no consideration for the baby's wellbeing

Considering it’s Gilead it’s a wonder they don’t have her chained up in the center with a milking machine attached to her chest. 

• Love 2

So, from the promo alone.

Eden runs away (I'm assuming with Issac.)

Nick is fine.

Serena has the baby and won't let Fred touch the baby.

June is right back in Fred and Serena's house.

1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Nick is fine.

Progress! 

All that’s left to do is show Luke and Moira and the other girl sitting around a table staring at each other as Canada does “insert possible action here”. 

I think the only thing I have to look forward to are the Emily scenes, hopefully those are decent.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Please! I need this! And i need it not to be wrapped up in him making out with a June, which seems like the only time we get anything else from him.

That Nick is the only face of stoicism in that photo of everyone witnessing Eden’s fate makes me want to scream. I want to totally blame Max Minghella, but he’s not even trying so it makes me think he’s being directed to do this. Even the “strongest” of men show *something*. 

At this point, my last hopes for this show reside in Ep 13. 

• Love 4

Honestly, what is WITH the plethora of spoilers on this show?

The previews give away seriously important things willy nilly.

Those getting to preview the episodes, I'm assuming to review them, and blithely telling and posting entire plot lines, something I honestly don't remember with a drama before.  Usually reviewers are very careful about not spilling their guts. 

It makes me wonder if they are just handing it out to anyone with a blog, or if that many reviewers have simply turned on this show and so aren't following any rules, OR lastly, if the Hulu people aren't asking for any rules to be followed.

I mean really, WTF?  I like spoilers but this is curious to me.

In the promo Emily’s new posting looks like a total shitball. 

The wife was horrendous, talking about Em like she was nothing but tainted garbage, human toxic waste. 

I am going to hope against hope that Emily managed to smuggle out some of those special pills from the colony.

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Nick is fine.

Sooo Nick looks fine? I never thought he was shot. But... what happened?

And I thought June wasn’t going to the Waterford’s after the birth? Maybe they don’t know what to do with her? How will they explain why they didn’t call over the troops for the birth circus?

17 minutes ago, LittleRed84 said:

Sooo Nick looks fine? I never thought he was shot. But... what happened?

And I thought June wasn’t going to the Waterford’s after the birth? Maybe they don’t know what to do with her? How will they explain why they didn’t call over the troops for the birth circus?

I'm sure that these will be given some sort of explanation, but I am a little concerned that they'll wind up being dropped plot points like some of the other things that have happened and then merrily moved on from with little more than a passing reference. 

• Love 1

I'm curious as to why Eden ends up drowned/on the wall? it's been established via June that fertile adulteresses can redeem themselves in this way.  Omar's wife (Heather?) ended up a handmaid because they were harbouring June (arguably a worse crime than adultery) They seem to presume Eden is fertile so Nick had to sleep with her - why hasn't she been made to become a handmaid? More for shock value? 

• Love 4