Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

He appears that way to me too.  Even if one doesn't want a showmance there is usually flirting to some degree.  When he spoke about a girlfriend I didn't believe him.  It sounded like a cover so he would not be seen as odd for not having one in his life. 

He has a "significant other" to love.... himself. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, backformore said:

Great points!  

... there's manipulation and stirring the pot, and hoping that certain players will butt heads with other players.  

The show "Unreal" exposed how producer manipulations work...

They manipulate it by giving weeks of safety, allowing back in evicted HGs, and all sort of other "tricks" (I forget what they called Jessica's temptation). They use the created devices to direct the show in ways that they want. I think they find "at the gate" certain HGs disposable and they want a long life for others who they think will make the show more interesting. 

And they protect the show by placing in the contract's fine print al these surreptitious  rules. That's why they are "now allowed to talk about production." They know a lot of sneaky sh*t is going on in there and do not want it exposed to viewers. 

• Love 3

I've got last night's BBAD on in the background while I work. I don't think Alex really intends to give Paul her vote. When she was alone speaking to the camera, she asked for AFP votes, and then immediately after that said that she was going to give Paul her vote to win. I wonder if she thinks that Paul is popular with the audience, and therefore if she plays to the audience that she is not bitter and planning to give her vote (and Jason's) to Paul at the end - both directly to the camera and by saying it to Paul's face - then somehow that will make her more popular with the audience and she will get more AFP votes. She's hoping that people who like Paul but can't give him AFP will vote for her instead.

• Love 2

Reading Reality Recaps & they said that the feeds will be off all day tomorrow and Wednesday. I guess that means they want to keep the Veto & Eviction a not so secret. Buh-bye, Alex!!!!! CBS All Access & BB suck. I want my $5 back. LOL!!!

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Reading Reality Recaps & they said that the feeds will be off all day tomorrow and Wednesday. I guess that means they want to keep the Veto & Eviction a not so secret. Buh-bye, Alex!!!!! CBS All Access & BB suck. I want my $5 back. LOL!!!

Yeah they always do that when they do the "surprise" eviction. The feeds will come back after the episode on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

Yeah they always do that when they do the "surprise" eviction. The feeds will come back after the episode on Wednesday. 

No, I think they're gonna be down until after Thursday's eviction west coast time. If I'm not mistaken.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:43 PM, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Alex has her rosary wrapped around her finger as she stares at it. Girl, God can't save you now!

Alex is what in these parts we call a "convenience store Christian" - leaves it on a shelf when it's in the way, but runs down and grabs it when they think it'll get them something they want.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:19 PM, gunderda said:

And just so you're aware....Paul has an extensive vintage playboy memorabilia collection......because.....of course he does.  

And God knows Mom knows not to disturb sonny boy Paul when he's -ah- "organizing his collection ".  Ew.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:55 PM, DakotaLavender said:

AG is a pompous ass. She is smug and full of herself. She would never say this season's casting was a mistake. She puts a spin on everything.

Interjecting some actual reality here: AG is an network executive producer, which pretty much by definition means you will absotively posilutely NEVER EVER hear her admit to a programming mistake.  To do so in Tinseltown would be career suicide, and AG has a very strong self-preservation streak.  You could show definitive scientific evidence that her programming was the leading cause of global warming, and she'd convert next season's BB House into a deep-freeze just to deny, deny, deny....

On 9/9/2017 at 9:53 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly I'd probably rather these people just didn't talk to me lol.

Congratulations; you have just officially entered The Cody Zone....  ;)

On 9/9/2017 at 10:35 PM, Perfect Xero said:

Josh, ironically enough, by voting to evict Kevin instead of Raven, probably left her thinking that Paul was the lone vote to keep her. 

Josh probably solidified THAT misperception all on his own, with his repetitive "I'm so sorry, Raven" comments as she walked out the door.  Hell, it sounded to ME like Josh was apologizing for voting Raven out - and I knew better.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, zorak said:

Christmas:  "I haven't shown my big heart."  Probably because she doesn't have one at all.

Here it is!

https://goo.gl/images/e7867N

On 9/10/2017 at 3:16 PM, zorak said:

Paul says he might win over Kevin in final 2 but he doesn't want to take him there because Kevin doesn't deserve it. 

This from the guy who lost $450K because he cut someone else at F3 he felt "didn't deserve it"?  Don't count on it.

22 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Dude asked her for a freaking HUG. What in the world was he thinking? She just learned that you are all working against her, and you want a HUG from her?!

Josh reminds me of a friend (we'll call her "Chantay").  Chantay is overall a sweet girl, but every year or so she's given to getting herself into some truly life-wrecking drama of some sort or other (example: getting falling-ass drunk, screwing around on her husband, and having it  turn into an affair).  Now, Chantay doesn't hide hide her mistakes- not well, anyway - and eventually she'll admit her current transgression du jour.  

Here's where the Josh-reminding part of Chantay's behavior enters the picture, though.  Most people in similar situations just own their shit, promise never to do it again, and (hopefully) take proactive steps to try to avoid future reoccurrences.  Chantay doesn't quite do that.  She'll fess up, to be sure - but she'll also come up with some frequently-absurd set of circumstances to try to rationalize some basis of inevitability for her actions.  What's even worse (and this is the Josh Effect entering in), she hates the notion of anybody having any kind of negative perception about her, so she will try to find - and actively push - some way for everybody affected to be OK with it, regardless of their own feelings about the manner.  She tried to get her husband to be ok with her infidelity, and it came razor-close to nuking any chance of reconciliation.  She had already broken it off with the guy on the side, but the breakup went badly - so even afterwards she kept calling him incessantly and badgering him to say he was okay with the way things worked out, to the point he took out restraining orders against her to block ANY attempts at contact - personal, phone, text, SM, etc.

We've seen the same pattern of behavior in Josh all season with Megan / Cody / Jessica / Mark / Alex; that of (a) treating people badly, (b) doing a full-court-press of rationalizations why his behavior wasn't really "bad", and (c ) badgering his victims to agree with him that no, he wasn't really all THAT bad - and not stopping when they didn't agree.  Previously, I had always assumed this was simply Chantay's own personal little neurosis; Josh's behavior, though, has me wondering if a broader syndrome of atypical behavior might not somehow be in action.

21 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Not going to lie... if whoever draws the BB Comics developed a "Revengers" comic book series, I would totally read it.

Not me.  The pink overload of FmfG's Flamingo costume would burn out my retinas in short order.

10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'll always remember her watching the pots and pans torture from the balcony with a smile on her face saying to herself, "I love it."

All summer this show has seemed like a 1940's gangster movie.  Paul is a James Cagney mob boss, a foot shorter than everyone else but ruling through dominance and fear.  Christmas is his devoted gun moll, always seeking to please him, overly thrilled and impressed when he does something cruel. Alex is the dumb cigarette girl with no morals, passed from man to man. Josh is the big lantern jawed thug, ever at Cagney's side ready to do his dirty work but cries if he gets hurt himself ... and Kevin.  Kevin is the lowest of the cast, the skinny weasel, with the constant hair combing, tie straightening nervous tics,  always first to run back to the boss to tattle on everyone else.  He never fully understands the boss's plans but continually, fearfully professes his loyalty to him.  He's usually the first one the boss shoots when it comes time to divvy up the money.

You are perfect.

9 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm holding out a little hope for Alex to vote against Paul. She's nursing her wounds a little right now, and feeling sad. But, let's not forget this is the woman who proudly wears a hat with the word "petty" on it.  Give her a little time, and she may just change her tune in the jury house.  

Sad that Paul losing this season is literally all I have left to hope for, but that's it.

Depends totally upon... Paul, and how he plays out the rest of this week.  If Paul thinks Alex is a lost cause Jury-vote-wise and starts Kevin'ing her, he'll guarantee a self-fulfilling prophecy.

7 hours ago, watch2much said:

yes, in some ways it was CrossFit she became addicted to but was able to turn it into a career.  She is really needy.  when I fist saw her I thought she was the most attractive female in the house.  now when she's on the screen I don't even register her looks, just that's she's so vile.

When the season first started, Christmas looked like a total package - beauty, brains, strength and charisma.  Now, to anybody who has seen the unvarnished Xmas, her personality has warped that initial visage such that she'd have a good shot at landing the Pennywise role on the next reprisal of Stephen King's "IT".

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Nope!  [Kwanzaa] is 32 and [Rasputin Lite] is 23, something like that.  No way would this work even if they both wanted it. 

ETA.  He is outta there at lightening speed.  

I'd say, close: Paul is outta there at lightning speed - as soon as he nails Christmas at least once.  Afterwards, we (and social media, probably) will never hear the end of it.

3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I tried this recipe just now, and I ended up with my hand stapled to the wall.

<Applause>

It's really a shame Josh isn't in the house with a sarcastic PTV'er.  Every time he started his shit up, one of us would have him crying in the corner for days with one sentence.

While the reality of being locked up with a houseful of Subgeniuses like this for three months would probably be a pretty close approximation of my own private Idaho, I do have to admit some wandering mental reveries of how much fun it might be to verbally julienne such HGs, and wondering whether or not it would make for good television.  If I were to make it into the House, would y'all watch me?  ;>

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I'd say, close: Paul is outta there at lightning speed - as soon as he nails Christmas at least once.  Afterwards, we (and social media, probably) will never hear the end of it.

And just where does this nailing take place?   I have a hunch that he is not all that experienced so would never attempt to bed an experienced woman.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MV007 said:

I could see a scenario where Josh loses as I don't think anyone really wants to give that buffoon half a million dollars and basically admit they were outsmarted by the biggest dummy in the house.

Josh really isn't the biggest dummy in the house (or the jury house) though. Which is sad lol. But, yes, the players certainly see him that way, likely because they don't want to accept how truly stupid all of them have been all season.

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

It doesn't look like we are going to see jury house footage. 

I think we definitely will in either Wednesday's or Thursday's ep.

54 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why do they continue to torture us with the "remember when" clip show? Start the first part of the HOH to drawl people in for the Finale. 

I think they actually do show the start of part 1 of final HOH in the clip show. I feel like they might even show it throughout the ep so people can't just fast forward to the end to see it. I believe they did that in BB15 at least. But to be fair I never actually watch the clip show eps so I might be talking out of my ass right now.

Edited by peachmangosteen
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

All summer this show has seemed like a 1940's gangster movie.  Paul is a James Cagney mob boss, a foot shorter than everyone else but ruling through dominance and fear.  Christmas is his devoted gun moll, always seeking to please him, overly thrilled and impressed when he does something cruel. Alex is the dumb cigarette girl with no morals, passed from man to man. Josh is the big lantern jawed thug, ever at Cagney's side ready to do his dirty work but cries if he gets hurt himself ... and Kevin.  Kevin is the lowest of the cast, the skinny weasel, with the constant hair combing, tie straightening nervous tics,  always first to run back to the boss to tattle on everyone else.  He never fully understands the boss's plans but continually, fearfully professes his loyalty to him.  He's usually the first one the boss shoots when it comes time to divvy up the money.

Thanks for that @JudyObscure. Your description made my day!  

7 hours ago, house864 said:

@house864 - I agree with you on almost everything. Yes, in the early seasons the show had more of a genuine feeling, these were real people, not wanting-to-be-actors who were casted, but regular contestants who tried to win big. It seemed like there was a chance for an everyday person to win. And then it turned, but it wasn't just BB, a lot of shows became hyper slick. Although, I would not call this hyper slick, just slicker. I do miss the food comps and a lot of the old rules, before all the "expect the unexpected, we are making up new rules as we go" attitudes from the creators.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

While the reality of being locked up with a houseful of Subgeniuses like this for three months would probably be a pretty close approximation of my own private Idaho, I do have to admit some wandering mental reveries of how much fun it might be to verbally julienne such HGs, and wondering whether or not it would make for good television.  If I were to make it into the House, would y'all watch me?  ;>

Fuck yes. You're insightful and witty and all your takedowns of the other houseguests would be bulleted lists.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

And just where does this nailing take place?   I have a hunch that he is not all that experienced so would never attempt to bed an experienced woman.  

Whatever Motel 6 happens to be within five minutes walking distance of the bar where Paul gets National Secretary's Day blind-ass drunk enough to consent.  Between the walk, registration, getting to the room, etc. - shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, tops.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Whatever Motel 6 happens to be within five minutes walking distance of the bar where Paul gets National Secretary's Day blind-ass drunk enough to consent.  Between the walk, registration, getting to the room, etc. - shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, tops.

Ohhhhhhh, good one!  High five. 

37 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Alex is what in these parts we call a "convenience store Christian" - leaves it on a shelf when it's in the way, but runs down and grabs it when they think it'll get them something they want.

I have been looking for a brief way to say what often takes a paragraph!  Love this. 

• Love 5

I have to be fair to Paul here -- although he's encouraged some of Christmas's worst traits and used her personality to further his agenda in the house, he's done NOTHING to suggest he's romantically interested in her. Or sexually interested. That's all Christmas's projection and the fact that she's so possessive of him that now he often is stuck with her for long periods of time. But he hasn't led her on nor has he promised her anything outside the house. In fact Paul seems totally asexual. He engages in locker room talk but that's it. 

ETA: I think Xmas's escalating hostility and abuse towards Josh is partly due to the fact that she sees Josh as this cock-blocking pest that she has to tolerate because she can't win competitions on her own. I think she thinks that if it weren't for Josh her and Paul would be snuggling in the HoH room and living happily ever after. Of course Paul is throwing comps and Xmas can't win most comps and therefore Josh is holding their alliance together by winning so much but she doesn't see it that way. She's very entitled and right now she thinks she's entitled to Paul, a trip back to Big Brother, America's Favorite, and who knows what else.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I have to be fair to Paul here -- although he's encouraged some of Christmas's worst traits and used her personality to further his agenda in the house, he's done NOTHING to suggest he's romantically interested in her. Or sexually interested. That's all Christmas's projection and the fact that she's so possessive of him that now he often is stuck with her for long periods of time. But he hasn't led her on nor has he promised her anything outside the house. In fact Paul seems totally asexual. He engages in locker room talk but that's it. 

We discussed Paul's asexuality a page or so back.  It is glaring.  

• Love 2

The Jury House folks only get to see footage from the HOH competitions, correct? Or other random comps that may pop up?

I've always thought it would be oh-so-fun, and could have a big impact on how people vote, if the jurors were allowed to see some extra non-comp footage.

For example, obviously there would not be enough time in the jury house to watch every single day of live feeds or BBAD episodes, but it would be great if each juror had a chance to choose to see footage from one random day.  If Mark wanted to see footage from the live feeds right after he was evicted, he could request it or request the BBAD episode that aired.  If Raven wanted to see footage from, say, Day 35 in the house, she could request it.  If Jason wants to see footage from the day right before he was evicted, he could ask for that one day, or that one BBAD episode.

I would just love for them to be able to see some of the real stuff going on in the house that they seemed to have been unaware of, see some of the lies and crap people spewed, and see who was actually on their side and not stabbing them in the back.   And I would really love to see how that footage would sway the votes!

• Love 4

Christmas would be the best for paul to take to final two. He can say "hey the only 2 hoh she won i gave her" she wouldn't have a leg to stand on pun intended. Not to mention how awesome the look on her face would be as he downs her to the jury

• Love 10

Christmas was talking about her stuff launching while she's in the house and unable to do damage control if people don't like it:  She said that hopefully people aren't like "Whoa that's a fucking, crazy bitch.  Why would we want to get her stuff?"  You got that right!

• Love 20
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

The Jury House folks only get to see footage from the HOH competitions, correct? Or other random comps that may pop up?

I've always thought it would be oh-so-fun, and could have a big impact on how people vote, if the jurors were allowed to see some extra non-comp footage.

Can't precisely state upon what it's based, but my impression is the DVD new evictees bring in with them is pretty much the same as the broadcast show - but minus the DR sessions, and in-House discussions involving less than the entire House.  Primary reason being that allowing Jurors to see DRs and non-public in-House conversations might lead to the same sort of "insider info" issue which torpedoed Danielle's game in BB3.

• Love 2

Paul is telling Christmas he's not hell bent on winning.  Really? I wish Alex could hear him say that right now because it contradicts what he told her yesterday for why she had to go.

Christmas to Paul:  "You're very impressive."  Gag.

Paul on being in the house so long between last season and this season: "I still love it.  I would do it again."  No.  Just no.

• Love 13

I watched Alex's hula hoop venting session from last night. And in all honesty I don't think she wants Paul to win as she thinks he didn't really do much. She's going to vote for him because she knows that's what his "fans" want and she doesn't want to disappoint them. 

Thats just the impression I got cuz she kept being like don't worry I'm still going to vote for him. Like she just wants to make sure his fans know so she doesn't get hate. 

Maybe I was reading the scene wrong. But that's just the impression I got. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Cutty said:

The fact that she doesn't have a car and Paul comes from money is irrelevant. This is a gameshow not a charity.

I don't disagree with that, but at the same time, I do see where Alex is coming from.  She believed that her final 3 with Paul and Jason was real.  She believed that her AMF alliance with Paul was real.  Whether or not she should have trusted Paul as much as she did is debatable, but it doesn't change the fact that she thought he was being genuine with her.  So I can certainly see how it would be hard to swallow that he doesn't want to take her off the block and save them both (even though unbeknownst to her, Paul wasn't going to be targeted this week if she came down).  Him telling her that if he takes her off and they make it to the end isn't good enough for him because he will lose to her seems to contradict everything Paul has said to her from her perspective.  If he was straight up with her about why he's leaving her on the block, she could tell herself that Paul was just using her to get further in the game so all his talk about going to the end with her was a lie.  But he's still trying to play it as he did mean everything he said to her, which is bullshit.  If I were in her shoes I would pick apart everything he said to me, too.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I didn't see this but apparently Alex went on a late-night rant about Paul.

49 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I told you.

She is NOT voting for Paul

20 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I watched Alex's hula hoop venting session from last night. And in all honesty I don't think she wants Paul to win as she thinks he didn't really do much. She's going to vote for him because she knows that's what his "fans" want and she doesn't want to disappoint them. 

Thats just the impression I got cuz she kept being like don't worry I'm still going to vote for him. Like she just wants to make sure his fans know so she doesn't get hate. 

Maybe I was reading the scene wrong. But that's just the impression I got. 

There was a bit more to Alex's rant than what we see in the above clip.  She was rambling for longer than that (I posted about just a little bit of it here earlier -- not a clip, but just summing up what she said, after my post about the Unicorn Milkshake Party).   That clip above is just some of it.

At one point in her rant she did say she would vote for Paul and try to get Jason to vote for him too, but it didn't sound like she was doing it because she is "Team Paul," obviously.  I think she is doing it reluctantly, because she feels she has to (and she wants to try to sway Paul's fans to give her AFP), and she wants to make it seem like she is not bitter and can see past what Paul did to vote for the best player, even if it's Paul.  Whether or not she actually does vote for Paul is yet to be determined and might depend on who is next to Paul in F2.

Alex was not just ranting about Paul.  She lit into Josh too, and she even got in a dig or two at Elena -- who is not even in the house. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Spencer has no issues with how Paul is playing the game:

I'm tired of the Paul bashers. He's played a fantastic game and stomped on the feelings of your favs. Tough shit. This is Big Brother.

Who is Spencer? And why do I have to find a surprise "get over the election snowflake" in my peanut butter? I mean, escapist TV show?

• Love 8

I'm not even sure who is bashing Paul's actual game play?   I think most people agree that he has been a mastermind, controlling everything, and he is very close to getting to final 2 again.  He plays very well, is very cunning and smart, and plays in a very underhanded, calculated, dirty way.  Does that mean we have to like him or his tactics?  No.  Does that mean we have to want him to win?  No.  Do we have to want anyone in that house to win at all?  No.   We might just be watching because it's a fun show to watch in the summer, and it's a habit after many years.

I don't have a favorite, in that there is no one in the house right now that I care about winning.  I wouldn't care if any of them left the house tomorrow.  Every time Josh seems like he is going to show some promise, he regresses.  So, I am not rooting for anyone at this point, and I guess I can be thankful to Paul for helping to get Alex out because she needs to go.

Bashing should not be a problem here.  Paul bashes people left and right, so surely he can take some bashing from whoever is bashing him.  I think he expects to be bashed.  He has been through this game before.  He is not trying to be a nice guy to avoid getting bashed.  He is doing things that he knows will make a lot of people dislike him and he doesn't care.  So, bashing comes with the territory.  As he says all the time, he "never cared."

• Love 8

Alex hates Paul but is still using his stupid phrases like counterfeit. STFU! You got played by Paul. At least, she's not totally delusional that Paul had played her and that she's as stupid as everyone else. LOL!!!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Alex hates Paul but is still using his stupid phrases like counterfeit. STFU! You got played by Paul. At least, she's not totally delusional that Paul had played her and that she's as stupid as everyone else. LOL!!!

Jason used the term "counterfeit" a lot after his eviction, too.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, watch2much said:

yes, in some ways it was CrossFit she became addicted to but was able to turn it into a career.  She is really needy.  when I fist saw her I thought she was the most attractive female in the house.  now when she's on the screen I don't even register her looks, just that's she's so vile.

Same here.  When the show first started I thought Christmas and Raven were the two most attractive women in the house.  My opinion of Raven changed pretty quickly but it took me some time to not find Christmas attractive.

13 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

All very interesting.  My love > hate for the game has been very similar to yours and your wife's.  I too despised Boogie and started seeing the producer manipulation at about that time.

See I always felt that season six was the first season were producer manipulation played a part.  Mainly because I always found it weird that someone from the Friendship would win HOH one week and then someone from the Sovereign Six would win it the next week.

8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The show even had its own Dunkleman! Some co-host with Julie who was never heard from again. And Dr. Drew was a regular! So bizarre. 

If any season needed Dr. Drew to come back it is this season.  I never saw the first season, what did Dr. Drew actually do on it?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

yeah, I see it.  They lie in bed together, whispering and touching. That looks somewhat sexual/romantic.  

BUT - Paul is talking about the game, and asking for a back rub.   Christmas is rubbing and caressing him, stroking his hair.    She's looking at him, while he's looking  at the ceiling, or turned the other way.  

3 hours ago, zorak said:

Paul is telling Christmas he's not hell bent on winning.  Really? I wish Alex could hear him say that right now because it contradicts what he told her yesterday for why she had to go.

He  is lying, he wants to win more than he wants anything in the world. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Between the walk, registration, getting to the room, etc. - shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, tops.

I assume you're including the "nailing" and the "Who's your boy?" in that 15 minutes. 

• Love 5