Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

The other mystery is why they're so attached to Paul. I mean with Maggie you sort of saw her appeal -- she was a calm, collected presence in an alliance of very unstable people. But Paul is not nice to his "team," he sure as hell isn't there for them emotionally when they're struggling. I've never seen such an unequal input/output equation.

He's a sole vet. Vets in general get followed like lemmings by the new HGs, so when there is only a single returning vet, they have it REALLY easy with the HGs.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Speaking of AFP, I think they should do it differently this year.  Instead of Julie announcing the top 3 and then announcing AFP, she should specifically name who came in second and third, really stretch it out, and BB should give each of them a prize, like, "The third most popular house guest this year and the winner of a $1,000 cash prize is.........Keviiiiiiiin.  The second most poplar house guest and the winner of a $5,000 cash prize is..........Maaaaaaark, and now to the biggie, America's Favorite Player and the winner of $25,000:  Codyyyyyyyyyyy."  And please, please let there be a close-up of Paul, Alex, and Raven as each name is called.

How about this: 

"As the final twist in this season's Big Brother,   the cash prizes for the winners of BB and the winners of AFP have been switched!   SO Paul, as the winner of BB, you get $25,000, and the winner of America's Favorite -  CODY - YOU win the $500,000!"  

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, backformore said:

How about this: 

"As the final twist in this season's Big Brother,   the cash prizes for the winners of BB and the winners of AFP have been switched!   SO Paul, as the winner of BB, you get $25,000, and the winner of America's Favorite -  CODY - YOU win the $500,000!"  

We deserve this twist for all the pain and suffering. Lol

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Apparently, she couldn't have been in the military either. Fuck off, Christmas. You're not the Military Expert here.

I think she liked him, he didn't give her a second glance, you bitter Betty bitch! 

• Love 6

I realize this is awfully premature but I can't help but wonder now if Hurricane Irma, which unfortunately seems to be heading straight for Florida, will end up having an impact on Josh and his remaining time in the house.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My neighbor who watches only the show thinks that everyone is keeping Paul around because they know Paul can't win. I guess maybe I'm gonna have to start giving Paul some credit because he can apparently brainwash people through the TV screen!

My husband only watches the tv show and thinks Paul is very entertaining and quite the player :(  He thinks Raven is quirky/cute.  He thinks Alex is hot and funny :(   He thinks Kevin is a wonderful person, a good upstanding straight shooter. He thinks Christmas is cheerleader cute and perky, loved by all, and soooo cute on that squeaky scooter.  He thinks Jason is a 'good ol boy' and hilarious.  Now, I'd disown him but remember he ONLY watches the edited version on tv.  And he gets upset with me when I try to tell him what they're all 'really' like so I grit my teeth and try to quietly watch along with him.  It's tough.  I think this is what many people are getting out of this show-- just what the editors are showing.  I'd be willing to bet that if my hubby cast a vote for America's Favorite it would go to Kevin.  He has NO clue what they're all really like and like I said, he doesn't want to hear it from me because it ruins his show....

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Again, my dream scenario of Cody winning AFP and Paisley running on stage to hug her dad would be the perfect way to end the season. I will allow my dream to live on until the end of the finale, goddamnit! Or maybe Julie will question the houseguests on what they think is real vs fake, and then show the picture of Cody in military gear holding his daughter. 

I think the casuals have a lot of power when it comes to voting for AFP. 

That would be great! Plus, Jessica has already announced that she was invited to be on B & B, and there's no reason they wouldn't announce that on finale night. So that alone is going to sour some finalists' faces. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, stcroix said:

My husband only watches the tv show and thinks Paul is very entertaining and quite the player :(  He thinks Raven is quirky/cute.  He thinks Alex is hot and funny :(   He thinks Kevin is a wonderful person, a good upstanding straight shooter. He thinks Christmas is cheerleader cute and perky, loved by all, and soooo cute on that squeaky scooter.  He thinks Jason is a 'good ol boy' and hilarious.  Now, I'd disown him but remember he ONLY watches the edited version on tv.  And he gets upset with me when I try to tell him what they're all 'really' like so I grit my teeth and try to quietly watch along with him.  It's tough.  I think this is what many people are getting out of this show-- just what the editors are showing.  I'd be willing to bet that if my hubby cast a vote for America's Favorite it would go to Kevin.  He has NO clue what they're all really like and like I said, he doesn't want to hear it from me because it ruins his show....

I only watch the TV show (and read here for additional info, sometimes watch a youtube video linked on this forum)  and I would say your husband only sees the good in people, even people who are despicable.   So, just wondering - does he smoke a little weed before the show?   ;-)

Seriously though -  Paul's manipulation has been pretty clear on the tv show.  he's had several times when he's explaining his strategy to the camera, and bragging about how he has everyone fooled.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I can only imagine what the BB after party is going to be like. I'm betting all former HGs that show up will want to hang out with Cody, Jess, and a few others while Paul, Alex and the rest of the Paul Squad look on wondering why they're being ignored.

I doubt that. People tend to forget very fast and the fans who will actually be there will be star struck and I bet they will show love to every one of them, even Raven who now claim to hate. I bet that Paul will get much love from fans especially if he wins. People forget and it's easier to write angry tweets rathen than be angry to the person you have in front of you. I wrote an angry tweet for Xmas today but I can't tell her the same if I come face to face with her...

• Love 3

Honestly I feel like part of the reason they got a party was because they have so little to show this week on the episodes so they hoped that throwing in a party would give them something.

I stumbled across the Raven auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance tweet and I'm laughing because I forgot that there was this girl when I was in high school who thought she was this awesome singer. In reality, she was pretty crap; even my tone deaf ears could tell that she had no tone or depth or anything special about her singing, but she truly thought she was this new sensation. She'd brag about being able to sing and she got this audition for Canadian Idol. Needless to say, she didn't get very far but she was bragging in class about how she was so close to making it. It just makes me laugh because I totally forgot about this girl until now.

Paul got bothered by Raven screeching in his ear last night during the party. I guess she was trying to ham it up for the party/cameras, but Paul was not in a good mood and his ear started hurting. Meanwhile, a whole bunch of us are cackling in delight. This is exactly what I saw happening when they decided that Matt was some secret comp beast that needed to go over Raven. I truly think they'd gladly sacrifice her if Alex wins DE HOH. 

Paul wants Thursday's HOH, especially if it's DE. He wants Josh to get the next and that leaves Paul good to win 4. Meanwhile, I'm not happy about that because Josh needs to get Paul out for Final 4, damnit! I hope Kevin wins DE HOH, because it's sometimes the most surprising winner for DE HOH, and then Paul wins 5, leaving Christmas to win 4. That would be ideal for me.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TimWil said:

I realize this is awfully premature but I can't help but wonder now if Hurricane Irma, which unfortunately seems to be heading straight for Florida, will end up having an impact on Josh and his remaining time in the house.

I'll live on the Gulf coast South of Tampa . Right now H. Irma can't seem to make up her mind rather she's going up the Gulf coast or the Atlantic coast of Florida . I've started putting my hurricane shutters up, just in case. If the storm goes up the East Coast I think Miami will take quite a hit especially if it's a cat 4 storm.  I don't know if they would say anything to Josh or not,  unless his family took a hit during the storm. But before the storm? I doubt they will say anything to Josh .

ETA: I watch the storm's progress on the Weather Underground hurricane site which has all kinds of predictive maps on it .

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I'll live on the Gulf coast South of Tampa . Right now H. Irma can't seem to make up her mind rather she's going up the Gulf coast or the Atlantic coast of Florida . I've started putting my hurricane shutters up, just in case. If the storm goes up the East Coast I think Miami will take quite a hit especially if it's a cat 4 storm.  I don't know if they would say anything to Josh or not,  unless his family took a hit during the storm. But before the storm? I doubt they will say anything to Josh .

ETA: I watch the storm's progress on the Weather Underground hurricane site which has all kinds of predictive maps on it .

I just moved from Hutchinson Island FL.  I am watching Irma, too.  If it comes up the east coast, I will know I made the right decision because I miss it terribly!  I will keep my fingers crossed it hits there instead of you on the west coast!  I am a bad person.   But hey, it is going to hit one or the other, right? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paul got bothered by Raven screeching in his ear last night during the party. I guess she was trying to ham it up for the party/cameras, but Paul was not in a good mood and his ear started hurting. Meanwhile, a whole bunch of us are cackling in delight. This is exactly what I saw happening when they decided that Matt was some secret comp beast that needed to go over Raven. I truly think they'd gladly sacrifice her if Alex wins DE HOH. 

I had to shut it off last night because of her constant screeching.  It was really bad.  Like worse than hillbilly Raven (which I don't think we've heard/seen since Matt left).  But if it tortures them, then I'm glad. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think it'd kill him the most to lose to Alex/Christmas/Raven simply becasue they're women.

Because they cast unstable people and they're afraid alcohol will make them go truly nuts.

Paul is so sad.

Paul is a saddo. Correct! :)

11 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

My mom is currently also south of Tampa, in Sarasota, and my dad's flying back down on Thursday to be with her. I'm trying to convince them to just fly Mom back up to Canada just in case, since they're privileged enough to have another place to get away, but I think they're worried about closing their store and the house, especially without my dad there.

I do think that they might let Josh know once the hurricane hits, if it has affected his family. But I agree that they probably will wait until this weekend, which will definitely suck for him.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

I was just looking at Raven's gofundme page. Someone gave $5 for her, her family and also her relatives that died on the Titanic. Another gave $5 for her inverted spine and rough kneecap syndrome. Too funny!!!

there's also a separate account to raise money for waterproof mascara.  goal is $5.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Cutty said:

I have friends and co-workers who only watch the episodes. I wanna pull my hair out when talking to them about the show. They all love Jason and think he's a great guy. I'd bet money he wins AFP.

I know production gets involved, & if they didn't get overly-involved in this, I'd be stunned. Jason & his rape jokes have made TMZ twice. We still have several days to go, so there's no telling what else that dumbass will say (I know Alex technically said the 2nd one). However, I truly doubt that anyone associated with the show want AFP to be someone who has been in the media more than once for rape jokes, so I'm saying that production would step in & not let that happen no matter what. 

I'd be fine with Cody winning, because that would immediately tell all of the other houseguests what they can expect when they get out of the house, & we can see their faces the moment they realize how much we hate them, but I'm pulling for Mark. He really is a good guy, the best guy this season, so I'm voting him. As long as he's top 3, though, I'm good.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I am actually hoping Paul wins out of spite. They all blew their own chances to win when they rode his coat tails to the end, 

But not Cody! He put Paul up at the first opportunity, it's not his fault production meddled with that. I'm voting for Cody and I hope everyone else does too 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Christmas Paul and josh all planning to torment Kevin today.

Why? I guess they find it fun.

Horrible people.  

ETA.  Paul will not partake but will cheer the other 2 on. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

It is despicable to torture anyone, of course.  Their MO has been to shun the one who is going.  What is their point in torturing Kevin, especially since he is not even next on the list after Jason?  

• Love 2

The ironic thing is the more they torment Kevin the more likely he tries to hurt Paul's game out of sheer spite once in jury. Paul is playing the most strategic game, but also the meanest.

it is like Paul  is the rooster surrounded by a bunch of hens. And what do chickens do, they find one chicken who is different and just peck peck at it. Poor Kevin. He Is the one not like the others so they peck peck peck.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4

I have little sympathy for Kevin. He has participated in similar actions. This has become standard operating procedure for the house target so none of them should be surprised by it or hurt by it. Kevin might have been one of the ones who has been least asshole worthy but he brought back private info from Cody and participated in the Cody doesn't have a daughter BS.  God knows he has not stood up and said that the targeting and the tormenting is wrong.

I had sympathy for Cody, Jessica, Mark and Elena because they did not participate in the BS and were viciously targeted. Mark was active in speaking out against it. The rest of them made the bed that they are laying in so when it comes back and bites them in the ass it is all on them.

• Love 19

I've been thinking about it, and a Raven win would please me most.  It would be a slap in the face to Production.  It would piss off Paul and his minions.  And if Raven wins, she becomes high profile enough that her family's scamming will make national news.  Yes, she'd get $500K, but she and her family are probably going to blow through that within a year.  And the meltdowns over their scamming blowing up will be fun to watch.

6 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I have little sympathy for Kevin. He has participated in similar actions. This has become standard operating procedure for the house target so none of them should be surprised by it or hurt by it. Kevin might have been one of the ones who has been least asshole worthy but he brought back private info from Cody and participated in the Cody doesn't have a daughter BS.  God knows he has not stood up and said that the targeting and the tormenting is wrong.

I had sympathy for Cody, Jessica, Mark and Elena because they did not participate in the BS and were viciously targeted. Mark was active in speaking out against it. The rest of them made the bed that they are laying in so when it comes back and bites them in the ass it is all on them.

Plus, Kevin got all riled up when Josh asked him to swear on his kids.  From what we saw before feeds cut, it didn't look like Josh actually said anything insulting, just asked Kevin to swear on them.  

Kevin?  I don't think it's unreasonable to tell people not to bring your kids into the game.  But don't get all riled up about that when you did pretty much the same thing to Cody.  Fuck you, Kevin.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, missyb said:

Interesting read. Dick's view on this season:

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-19-eveldick-weighs-in-mob-mentality/

Also, at this point in the game, when Kevin should be able to see some writing on the wall, how can he remain silent.  What is he waiting for ? I would be throwing snipes left and right.

Dick's interesting because he obviously can be quite articulate when he wants to be. Which makes his season even more egregious in retrospect. I loved his "I was an asshole directly to people's face" bit as if that's some badge of honor to wear. Dick's no better than Paul. They're both awful people. But his overall points were valid (about it being ridiculous to give Paul advantages on TOP of the huge advantage of being the sole returning vet). 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Some people, including myself and apparently Kevin, would definitely find that insulting.

Kevin swore on his kids when he told Matt he didn't vote him out like five minutes earlier though. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, green said:

I have to say it really disturbs me to see the term "casual viewers" like they are inferior to other people because they don't spend hours online following this show.

I haven't seen this at all. But casual fans are certainly different than feed watchers. The way the two groups see the show is almost apples and oranges in how different it is.

11 hours ago, Cutty said:

I have friends and co-workers who only watch the episodes. I wanna pull my hair out when talking to them about the show. They all love Jason and think he's a great guy. I'd bet money he wins AFP.

I could have easily seen Jason winning AFP a few weeks ago. I think Production was really trying to sell him. But, as @nkotb pointed out, now that his rape comments have made TMZ I don't know if Production would like him winning. I could still see it happening though or at least see him making top 3.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

Seriously though -  Paul's manipulation has been pretty clear on the tv show.  he's had several times when he's explaining his strategy to the camera, and bragging about how he has everyone fooled.  

It is, and that's probably why some casuals still like him. The show doesn't show any of his nastiness, they just show him as the guy running things and people like that.

15 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

This.

3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Some people, including myself and apparently Kevin, would definitely find that insulting.

But Kevin started swearing on his kids of his own volition.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It is despicable to torture anyone, of course.  Their MO has been to shun the one who is going.  What is their point in torturing Kevin, especially since he is not even next on the list after Jason?  

but Alex thinks he's going this week.  She's not in on the Jason eviction plan....yet.

19 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I have little sympathy for Kevin. He has participated in similar actions.

Kevin has never participated in anything like what they do.  Not even remotely.  Has he talked crap behind someone's back? Of course - everyone has done that.  But he has NEVER openly shunned a person or ripped them down to make them feel less like Alex, Josh, Paul and Christmas do on a constant basis.  And it may be for a jury vote.. it may not be... but he's actually talked to every single person that was on their way out the door. 

• Love 12

The reason I feel bad for Kevin is they are all focusing their anger and hate on him. And they are planning a new assault today. Not to mention being treated like a leper.

and he literally has no one to talk to. Even Jason has cut him off to a great extent.

kevin, much to Paul's dismay, talked to Cody, Elena and mark during the shunning. Josh also spoke with Mark a lot.

kevin isn't innocent to be sure but the house's new sport is to just kick someone when they are down over and over.

since he is the only one left not in the in crowd they feel justified in tormenting him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

My mom is currently also south of Tampa, in Sarasota, and my dad's flying back down on Thursday to be with her. I'm trying to convince them to just fly Mom back up to Canada just in case, since they're privileged enough to have another place to get away, but I think they're worried about closing their store and the house, especially without my dad there.

I do think that they might let Josh know once the hurricane hits, if it has affected his family. But I agree that they probably will wait until this weekend, which will definitely suck for him.

I'm up in Pasco County. I have plans now up in the air for camping and Night of Joy at Disney. 

6 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

kevin isn't innocent to be sure but the house's new sport is to just kick someone when they are down over and over.

But that's been their mo for weeks now and Kevin knows this. He never cared before because he never saw them coming for him. 

I hate seeing the way they are treating Kevin, but I don't feel much sympathy for him. As someone else said, he (and the rest of them) made his bed so now he can lie in it. Also, I still haven't forgiven Kevin for the shit he did to Ramses. Kevin is so two-faced.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I think it's fair to think that Kevin has been plenty douchey himself and still feel bad for him to get outright tortured by these animals. 

Christmas is one of the most fascinating psychological studies that this show has ever had. Alex is clearly just a terrible person, but Christmas presents herself so well so much of the time that it is fascinating to see her reach some shocking levels of poor taste with her behavior. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

It's a plot for Alex. Make it look like Kev's going which he's playing along with like the obedient soldier.

I have no sympathy for him, he's doing what Paul tells him to do, still while on the block. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

True, but Kevin has sworn on his kids before, so I guess Josh assumed that he'd do it again. Still insulting, but it's not like Kevin hasn't done it before.

I still feel sympathy for Kevin because he's been severely isolated in the last two weeks. Now, it's to the point where it's uncomfortable to watch Kevin on the feeds because everyone's treating him like crap. Jason has shunned him and talks shit behind his back, Alex openly talks shit about him, Josh doesn't really talk to Kevin, and Christmas/Paul yell and belittle Kevin. Mark got a little lucky in his last week where people still hung out with him to talk personal, even if it wasn't game, although Mark still got isolated quite a bit, even when Elena and Cody were in the house. No matter who it is, nobody should be isolated like that in a house where you don't have anyone else. It reminds me of previous seasons where that happened frequently. I remember BB16 when Donny, Zach, and Nicole, in particular, were isolated and treated badly during their last weeks. This season has had that happen to multiple people, all because Paul wanted blindsides left and right. 

Jess/Cody chose to isolate themselves, but even Cody came out to socialize when he was alone and people actually talked to him in between the major fights. Mark accepted his fate in his last week and got to hang out with people. Kevin has zero allies and nobody is choosing to talk to him. If he makes it past DE, which he probably will because Paul seems to want Alex and Raven gone more than Kevin, he'll be stuck alone once more for another few days until the Monday eviction. And if he makes it to F4, he'll continue to be alone until the final eviction. 

I may not like Kevin and I think he's done some shady things that kind of warrant people being sketched out by him, but I hate to see someone have nobody else in the house who talks to him. I can imagine how much it sucks and Kevin's felt it for at least a couple of weeks now, but moreso this week. If this was happening to Raven, even I'd feel bad. If it was happening to Paul...heh, that would never happen to Paul, so never mind. If it happened to Alex, I'd feel less sympathy, but still some. 

In positive personal news, my dad's flying my mom home on Friday so hopefully, if flights aren't cancelled, she'll be in Canada when Hurricane Irma hits. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so this week is going to stay positive.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think it's fair to think that Kevin has been plenty douchey himself and still feel bad for him to get outright tortured by these animals. 

Christmas is one of the most fascinating psychological studies that this show has ever had. Alex is clearly just a terrible person, but Christmas presents herself so well so much of the time that it is fascinating to see her reach some shocking levels of poor taste with her behavior. 

Christmas actually reminds me of a lot of abusive personalities -- they can be charming and sweet 90% of the time and then become a totally abusive asshole. The problem with people like Christmas is that many outsiders who haven't seen the "other side" will not entertain the idea that such a nice charming person can also be abusive and vile. I have seen this many times in relationships, where the abuser is the socially outgoing, charming one.

• Love 15

The fact that Kevin has willingly isolated himself just because master Paul said so has completely destroyed any respect I had for him . "Just stay in your bedroom and read The Bible !" And he did . He is just so pathetic I can't stand it .

BTW - I am privately messaging people who respond to the hurricane information. I live in South Sarasota county on the Gulf coast. I'm not worried............yet, but we have plans in place in case it does come this way .

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Christmas actually reminds me of a lot of abusive personalities -- they can be charming and sweet 90% of the time and then become a totally abusive asshole. The problem with people like Christmas is that many outsiders who haven't seen the "other side" will not entertain the idea that such a nice charming person can also be abusive and vile. I have seen this many times in relationships, where the abuser is the socially outgoing, charming one.

Yeah, you're probably right that she just falls in that sort of abusive personality type.