Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Fowl Play

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, what do you think that the cast REALLY think of Whitney? Is he really their friend?  Their writer?  (That's how his role is described on the link below.)  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2815522/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

If you actually click on the credit it's where they classify "developed by" credits which he did sell the show and that is why he also gets an EP creditor this show, Savanah and the upcoming NO even though he has nothing to do with those two other than selling the initial concept of this show.

• Love 3
(edited)

You know, the sad thing is that I do think that Shep has a quick wit and charming personality.  It's sad that it won't serve him well in the long run.  I think he says that he's happy and that he doesn't want any other lifestyle.  Maybe, I'm substituting my values onto him.  ??

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

My family hunts upland game and it's extremely common to seed the hunting grounds with hand raised birds.  If they didn't, the would end up taking too many birds from the areas.  From habitat loss and other issues the birds are struggling anyway, and this way it has far less impact on the wild birds.  Additionally, it's not quite the same as when they have animals in a fenced area or they run the groups of animals towards you,.  It's not like the captive raised lions and leopards that are used to humans and seek them out.  The captive raised birds act like wild birds and the better breeders limit contact with them. The dogs have to find them like they find the wild ones and point to them, then flush them out.  There were Pointers, Brittanies, and working spaniels (it might have been a Boykin spaniel or a working Cocker, I don't remember if it was brown or black) at that hunt and they all work differently.  However, the hunt happens just like it does for wild birds.  So yeah, it was seeded but it isn't like canned hunts for large mammals.

Like others have said, I'm surprised that they didn't wear more orange.  I'm assuming they didn't because it was on a private hunting preserve but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is guided on those hunts.  Quail and deer season overlap, and they were at risk from some asshat seeing something brown with a bit of white moving in the distance and taking a shot without making sure of what they saw.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's it.  To me, it looked as if Landon was thinking.....I already am in desperation.  Not sure how quiet she is though. 

Right? OMG THENNNKQUUUYUUYOOOhhhhHNG!!

More like she will live a life of high pitched whiny honking Desperation. ::slow blink::

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I guess I'm overly mean then.  Commenting on reality star appearances happen nearly daily on this site.  And she's being portrayed as some trophy for the jet set of Charleston.  I'm simply saying she's isn't all that and won't age well because her face at her tender age already looks sun damaged.  It looks devoid of moisture.  Windblown.

I am allllll for ripping someone on their looks.  I am pretty sure this site is made for laughing at these people, and if that is wrong I don't want to be right.

I know people have varying opinions on people's looks, but I do not think Landon is attractive at all.  I usually like a unique look, but in this case, I just don't find anyhting about her pretty or good-looking.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

You know, I would think it's normal for a woman to toss on a t-shirt for sleeping after having sex.  But for this scene it was obvious it was because Chelsea didn't want to be naked in bed next to Austen and/or didn't want to be topless for the camera.

I don't understand Kathryn's fascination with a bouffant.

I prefer Mr. G's button down. ;-)

Sorry, but if I was gonna be filmed for TV the morning after in bed. I'd too would slip out of bed and wipe the drool trails off my face, check for sleep in the corners of my eyes, brush the fuzz from my teeth, swig some mouthwash, put on just a tad of mascara, add a slight touch of lip tint, pinch my cheeks, run my fingers through my hair and slurp some water out of the faucet. Then slip back in bed...and look well rested.

Chelsey just did a bit too much. The eyeshadow, eyebrows, liner and mascara were a huge give away.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Ha!  I thought I was the only one who noticed that.  

Also, she was DRUNK AS HELL. I'm saying Rolling Drunk At the Dinter Pourty. Extra screechy

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Yeah, I know it happens, it just bugs.  I don't think she's being portrayed as a trophy; not with the edit she's getting this season.  lol.  

Well, she called herself the "Whole Package." She should expect some push backs...

The hunt real or arranged was as expected,  a carnage... 

Is the show sponsored by the NRA, now?

Once again, they portrayed Craig as being the poor relation with poor taste. He sure is earning his paycheck this year...

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am allllll for ripping someone on their looks.  I am pretty sure this site is made for laughing at these people, and if that is wrong I don't want to be right.

I know people have varying opinions on people's looks, but I do not think Landon is attractive at all.  I usually like a unique look, but in this case, I just don't find anyhting about her pretty or good-looking.

Unless squinty and grimacing is pretty. 

No inner beauty to be found either.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, IvyDancer said:

"There is no there there" as they say. Landon can be taken entirely at face value, which is truly sad. And there are so many people in this world, some of whom aren't particularly well-traveled, who can have so much to offer in terms of conversation and entertainment. I'd be curious to find out what she studied in school, college, etc. 

I bet she majored in "cocktail classes"and only "cocktail classes." That's what my friends called them. Those one or two classes outside your studies you took to make interesting conversation at parties. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

I bet she majored in "cocktail classes"and only "cocktail classes." That's what my friends called them. Those one or two classes outside your studies you took to make interesting conversation at parties. 

I read on the Bravo website that she went to University of Charleston and studied Art and Historic Preservation.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Well, she called herself the "Whole Package." She should expect some push backs...

The hunt real or arranged was as expected,  a carnage... 

Is the show sponsored by the NRA, now?

Once again, they portrayed Craig as being the poor relation with poor taste. He sure is earning his paycheck this year...

That is what he's given us. He won't work, lacks effort where it counts.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, bosawks said:

If I were haunting with these drunk nimrods I would be wearing orange from head to toe blasting house music from my iphone.

Damn straight! I wonder if the production staff watched this for inspiration?  A bunch of trigger-happy UpperClass twits go hunting - Monty Python.

Also, a serious question.  Do the cast members have their own make-up artists, or is that part of production's responsibility?  Because someone needs to seriously be fired...Kat looked like her lashes in that opening scene were modeled after Tammy Faye Baker (I miss Tammy Faye, now she was great reality tv and a truly sweet person.)  More times then not the foundation on all of the cast members looks off to me, really chalky and gray.

I want this show to be fun again.  I love Charleston and Savannah, but not the Charleston and Savannah they're showing  Maybe they should focus on the older crowd 40+ and let these young twits go screw their lives up and come back when they have learned a few life lessons. Yeah, I know I sound all "get off my lawn" but the young guns are boring me...  

Maybe TRav and Patricia should hook-up? HA!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Giselle said:

That is what he's given us. He won't work, lacks effort where it counts.

I was referring to the dig made by Shep about Craig, shopping at Dicks and Walmart as opposed to some small specialized and by the look of it expensive shop.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

I read on the Bravo website that she went to University of Charleston and studied Art and Historic Preservation.

Too bad she doesn't utilize it. She just seems so flighty that I'm surprised she hunkered down and got a degree.  It might be why she and Patricia hit it off. A common interest given Patricia's background in art.

I'm not knocking those types of degrees nor areas of education. Not at all, even in calling them "cocktail classes". Those extra classes we took were to round us out as people to know something about subjects that were sometimes outside our areas of interest.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I was referring to the dig made by Shep about Craig, shopping at Dicks and Walmart as opposed to some small specialized and by the look of it expensive shop.

Oh. True.  Still though that's what he has given us. 

Wasn't impressed the boys either at the "be seen and shoot" shop.

You buy what works not what's fashionable.

Edited by Giselle
Typo.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Giselle said:

Katherin's choker looked like one  of those stretchy ones a teenager would buy at Walmart. She probably bought them at the 5 for 1 sale going on at the site where she buys her fake designer bags.

Nice to see JD and his wife are teaching their kids manners and how to address adults. We were raised with "Yes Ma'am" and "No Sir"  and to use Mr, Mrs or Miss So and So and also learned which ones we could address as Miss. First Name. 

I thought the pink pig BBQ silly and only bought to "show" Patricia's "eccentricity".Patricia's Staffordshire dog kaftan was hideous and freaked me out. I find her incredibly fake.

Dang those Hoodoo dolls are expensive. $275-$350!

https://www.doctorwrenfetishdolls.com

When talking with Patricia did Landon spit out "hunting exposition"  not use expedition? I would not want to hear her voice on a regular basis. Nails on a chalkboard is more pleasing.

Whitney looked ridiculous. I think that was his plan or his mother's.

Everybody should wear blaze orange if Craig has a gun. Won't knock him for wearing it. If you noticed all the staff were smartly wearing it around unknown shooters.

Chelsey's camera ready morning after in bed makeup is no more staged than Patricia's props and affectations.

I completely agree with you on every point.  Patricia's caftan was making me cross eyed.  

I looked up the Hoodoo dolls too.  I could use one of those in my life.

Maybe they should make the dogs wear an orange vest!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

My family hunts upland game and it's extremely common to seed the hunting grounds with hand raised birds.  If they didn't, the would end up taking too many birds from the areas.  From habitat loss and other issues the birds are struggling anyway, and this way it has far less impact on the wild birds.  Additionally, it's not quite the same as when they have animals in a fenced area or they run the groups of animals towards you,.  It's not like the captive raised lions and leopards that are used to humans and seek them out.  The captive raised birds act like wild birds and the better breeders limit contact with them. The dogs have to find them like they find the wild ones and point to them, then flush them out.  There were Pointers, Brittanies, and working spaniels (it might have been a Boykin spaniel or a working Cocker, I don't remember if it was brown or black) at that hunt and they all work differently.  However, the hunt happens just like it does for wild birds.  So yeah, it was seeded but it isn't like canned hunts for large mammals.

Like others have said, I'm surprised that they didn't wear more orange.  I'm assuming they didn't because it was on a private hunting preserve but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is guided on those hunts.  Quail and deer season overlap, and they were at risk from some asshat seeing something brown with a bit of white moving in the distance and taking a shot without making sure of what they saw.

May all be true but that place looked like it catered to upscale city dwellers to come down and shoot up like they're rough and tough outdoorsman so they probably make sure they're clients always succeed in shooting up their meals.

Then their catering staff clean up the game and prepare foodie dishes that rich city dwellers like, not real Southern comfort food.  Add all the liquor they want (with a very healthy markup), and that's how they get repeat customers.

The place probably comped all these services to be on the show.  Or at least the show picked up the bill since they based the episode around this hunting lodge.

• Love 3

From the beginning of the season when Shep told Craig he had been ostracized from the group text, and Cameran confirmed the group text was all about making fun of Craig, Naomie should have perhaps gotten a clue Craig does not  like being belittled and humiliated. I am still quite stymied why Naomie puts up with Craig other than she wanted a spot on the reality show.  Naomie seems to put more energy into befriending Shep and Cameran than she does Craig.  She can't possibly watch the episodes and not see that she adds fuel to the Craig roasting. Three episodes running she is not exactly innocent in her interactions with Craig.  It was interesting only because Cameran told Craig that perhaps he tells Naomie what she wants to hear.  I saw it differently-she wants Craig to say what she wants to hear.  No one can expect a civil response, to "do you want to be a fucking lawyer or not?"  

Same with the house purchase and Jennifer and her mother-"he doesn't listen to my opinion," well maybe he listened and didn't agree.  He said she was acting like a child, she said he was acting like a dick.   Then she said asked if he wanted to talk about the weekend events and he said no and she chewed him out for being rude.  What was stranger to me, and I am sure the producers of Southern Charm have found the perfect counselor to tell Naomie she is right about everything, is that she believes that a counselor is some type of referee and points judge.  I would hope a counselor would listen to both sides.  Way too early in their relationship to be going to a counselor. 

Lastly, yes Naomie, you are the one bringing the Kathryn/Thomas vibe to the group with your desperate attempts to keep getting invites.  I don't think she would be invited out with the group if it were not for Craig.  They use her to get more ammunition against Craig because their storylines are lacking or one directional.   Craig certainly has his faults but Naomie is not blameless in their relationship woes.  It will only get worse if Craig choses a field of law that doesn't comport with Naomie's standards of what type of law Craig should be pursuing. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Preach on! They should have worn "Landon" Viper Boots to that hunting camp, because regardless of her looks (and yeah she is fugly inside and out IMO,) she is mean as a snake.  With her, I truly believe that blood will tell. Kat has been right about that all along.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Sorry, but if I was gonna be filmed for TV the morning after in bed. I'd too would slip out of bed and wipe the drool trails off my face, check for sleep in the corner of my eyes, brush the fuzz from my teeth, swig some mouthwash, put on just a tad of mascara, add a slight touch of lip tint, pinch my cheeks, run my fingers through my hair and slurp some water out of the faucet. Then slip back in bed...and look well rested.

Chelsey just did a bit too much. The eyeshadow, eyebrows, liner and mascara were a huge give away.

True, good point. And I'm sure production tells them what time they'll come in to film, etc. They just won't barge into their room - if that's even their room - and start the cameras rolling.

As much as the morning-after scene is staged as hell, and maybe the hookup didn't even happen as well, that scene was hella funny to me if only for Austen's various expressions of "WTF" after Chelsea said she just wanted to keep hooking up after he just professed his puppy love for her. It's a nice payback to him after his "your walk of shame isn't that long, huh?! " earlier this season. Production surely has this show scripted but they do have a sense of humor.

• Love 2

I am ready for more drunken antics, or more JD and his wife, less Landon and her airheadness.. I really wish this show would get back to being fun and entertaining, this episode was just missing something. 

Totally agree about Chelsea's morning after makeup, atleast pretend better, no need for a full on face if you want us to even pretend to believe y'all spent the night together.

• Love 1

Landon, here we go: I finally figured out what bugs me so much about her. She acts all giggly and I think she thinks it makes her appear youthful and fun. It just makes her look immature. When she asked the butler for a drink it really jumped out at me that she is in her mid-30's trying to come off coquettish and it doesn't work at all. I actually thought at the hunting dinner she looked great but the giggly school girl thing just kills any mojo she might have.

Sorry Craig supporters. At this point I think he is just a straight up entitled asshole. All the Gizmo interactions in the world aren't going to cover that up.

Kathryn, girl get thee to a Sephora beauty consultant stat. If I had her looks I would not be looking like such a clown with all the tragically applied makeup. 

Chelsea and Austen......snoooze........

Shep, 7 days without a drink, wow, you really showed us what a non alcoholic you are. Not.

• Love 9

I would like to know why Craig's sewing machine/office desk is set up slap dab in the middle of that tiny living room of theirs. You would think that house would have at least a second  bedroom where he can set up an office. There aren't many houses that have just one bedroom.  If it is a one bedroom house, then who the hell is he to turn up his nose about what he wants in his real estate "portfolio". That house he viewed with Cam that he got all uppity about was a lot nicer and more spacious than what he's living in now.  I know it's a nit picky observation but it still bugs the crap outta me every time I see that cramped little space. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Way too early in their relationship to be going to a counselor

It's never too early, especially if you are always having differences. Many couples make the mistake of waiting until the damage is irreparable to seek counseling. Helped me a great deal, saved me from marrying someone I shouldn't have. I don't think Craig and Naomie are going to get married, their relationship seems tense and contrived for TV, at best.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

From the beginning of the season when Shep told Craig he had been ostracized from the group text, and Cameran confirmed the group text was all about making fun of Craig, Naomie should have perhaps gotten a clue Craig does not  like being belittled and humiliated. I am still quite stymied why Naomie puts up with Craig other than she wanted a spot on the reality show.  Naomie seems to put more energy into befriending Shep and Cameran than she does Craig.  She can't possibly watch the episodes and not see that she adds fuel to the Craig roasting. Three episodes running she is not exactly innocent in her interactions with Craig.  It was interesting only because Cameran told Craig that perhaps he tells Naomie what she wants to hear.  I saw it differently-she wants Craig to say what she wants to hear.  No one can expect a civil response, to "do you want to be a fucking lawyer or not?"  

Same with the house purchase and Jennifer and her mother-"he doesn't listen to my opinion," well maybe he listened and didn't agree.  He said she was acting like a child, she said he was acting like a dick.   Then she said asked if he wanted to talk about the weekend events and he said no and she chewed him out for being rude.  What was stranger to me, and I am sure the producers of Southern Charm have found the perfect counselor to tell Naomie she is right about everything, is that she believes that a counselor is some type of referee and points judge.  I would hope a counselor would listen to both sides.  Way too early in their relationship to be going to a counselor. 

Lastly, yes Naomie, you are the one bringing the Kathryn/Thomas vibe to the group with your desperate attempts to keep getting invites.  I don't think she would be invited out with the group if it were not for Craig.  They use her to get more ammunition against Craig because their storylines are lacking or one directional.   Craig certainly has his faults but Naomie is not blameless in their relationship woes.  It will only get worse if Craig choses a field of law that doesn't comport with Naomie's standards of what type of law Craig should be pursuing. 

I think you could substitute both of their names in every sentence and it would still ring true. They both are not blameless.

They both have contempt for each other, don't listen to each other and hurt each other.  nor do they provide a united front. A counselor isn't going to help. I  think Craig will selectively listen to the counselor. I don't think he will put in the effort for any length of time nor make meaningful changes and I  think eventually Naomie will get a clue that he has done this about everything and with everybody and move on.  Its' always because of everybody else. His apologies and excuses always come with a "but".  It doesn't matter if it is her,  his parents, his friends, his employers, or even himself. He doesn't take true responsibility.

He has probably dangled an idea in front of her of who he wants to be and what he wants to accomplish yet she hasn't seen any effort nor tangible proof.  "Do you want to be a fucking lawyer or not ?" was her saying "Shit or get of the pot!" in frustration. Craig said he did it for her, finishing and passing the bar. So great you finished a goal to get everybody off your back but  you still are living like it's summer vacation. He  still hasn't  made any significant changes to expect any thing different from Naomie. 

Craig puts himself in the position of being humiliated and belittled. First off he put himself on National TV for the easy paycheck and we are shown that he slacked off taking the bar and came up with excuse after excuse, he slacked off with JD and didn't bother putting in the effort to learn the business. He has an excuse for everything.

Change yourself Craig, Make changes and maybe everybody will see you differently and your ego won't feel so belittled and humiliated. Even if they don't see you differently, but I think they would, you will have true inner pride and can stand proud and not need their approval.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I would like to know why Craig's sewing machine/office desk is set up slap dab in the middle of that tiny living room of theirs. You would think that house would have at least a second  bedroom where he can set up an office. There aren't many houses that have just one bedroom.  If it is a one bedroom house, then who the hell is he to turn up his nose about what he wants in his real estate "portfolio". That house he viewed with Cam that he got all uppity about was a lot nicer and more spacious than what he's living in now.  I know it's a nit picky observation but it still bugs the crap outta me every time I see that cramped little space. 

Agreed.

Craig is a false braggart with champagne tastes on a beer budget coupled with no ambition nor means.

He is the type that loves being on the yacht, knows what he wants in a yacht, would like to have a yacht will say" I could have this if I really wanted it" but.... he can't because he won't work for it and everybody knows it.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Too bad she doesn't utilize it. She just seems so flighty that I'm surprised she hunkered down and got a degree.  It might be why she and Patricia hit it off. A common interest given Patricia's background in art.

I'm not knocking those types of degrees nor areas of education. Not at all, even in calling them "cocktail classes". Those extra classes we took were to round us out as people to know something about subjects that were sometimes outside our areas of interest.

The big difference between the two of them is that Patricia used her education. She worked at galleries, volunteered for arts charities, and started an art acquisition business. Landon came on this show with a degree she largely didn't use and experience planning events that she rarely calls on. She worked for Brent Bolthouse, but we've only seen Landon plan a handful of events: Cooper's fashion show, Shep's birthday, and the Polo day. We've seen her create a pop up shop and abandon her interior design aspirations, create her anemic travel blog/website/coffee table book, and spitball her strange bourbon lounge. Landon doesn't want to work and she doesn't like being alone either. Patricia worked and hung out in the circles that had the type of men she wanted to marry. Landon doesn't want to do half that shit. Landon hopes she'll meet her perfect lazy independently wealthy dude while she's dicking around drinking cocktails on a beach and paddle-boarding.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I am going to guess is has to do with lighting.  They have to fit a camera crew and others in the room during filming.  Also, according to St. Naomie Craig was truly doing his thesis at the time but the producers requested he do other more interesting things for filming.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lunastartron said:

So last year, didn't the Dolphin screech that Kathryn had done all of her work on her back?

And now we're treated to Old Pat literally advising her on how to trick like some Rob Zombie reboot of "it's your one chance, Fancy, don't let me down."

Bwah! Gold.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The big difference between the two of them is that Patricia used her education. She worked at galleries, volunteered for arts charities, and started an art acquisition business. Landon came on this show with a degree she largely didn't use and experience planning events that she rarely calls on. She worked for Brent Bolthouse, but we've only seen Landon plan a handful of events: Cooper's fashion show, Shep's birthday, and the Polo day. We've seen her create a pop up shop and abandon her interior design aspirations, create her anemic travel blog/website/coffee table book, and spitball her strange bourbon lounge. Landon doesn't want to work and she doesn't like being alone either. Patricia worked and hung out in the circles that had the type of men she wanted to marry. Landon doesn't want to do half that shit. Landon hopes she'll meet her perfect lazy independently wealthy dude while she's dicking around drinking cocktails on a beach and paddle-boarding.

Thumbs up! I'll sign on to that!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Agreed.

Craig is a false braggart with champagne tastes on a beer budget coupled with no ambition nor means.

He is the type that loves being on the yacht, knows what he wants in a yacht, would like to have a yacht will say" I could have this if I really wanted it" but.... he can't because he won't work for it and everybody knows it.

I bet Craig has a "vision board" hidden in a closet somewhere, and keeps wondering why "The Secret" isn't working for him....

• Love 10
(edited)

I think Landon is annoying for sure but I do think she is pretty. And her skin isn't *that* bad! She grew up in the South, and lived near water a lot. Of course she has lots of freckles and sun damage but it doesn't look excessive to me. Kathryn is sun damaged too. I don't mind some of Landon's giggling and flirty behavior at all. Who cares? I prefer laughing people (although she IS excessive) to some of the stiff, overly serious people I know near me. That to me is the worst. But yes, Landon is shallow, fake, materialistic with an overly high regard for herself-that is what makes her unattractive. Not her looks.

Here is my shallow observation: I know Jen should be off limits due to her son but her eyebrows do really bother me. They are almost non-existent and end in the middle of her face. She would be 10x prettier with regular eyebrows.

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 2
(edited)

Someone mentioned the sudden grey head of JD.  Honestly, I never notice JD's looks (except those cute bow ties).  Idk, I think It's his attitude (always jokey & teasing Craigie) that brings a welcome presence to the show.  Speaking of men with dyed hair, there's Whitney, whose hair morphs between looking too shoe-polish black or an oddly fake coppery color.  And I can't take my eyes off Thom-ass's hair.  WTF color is his hair anyway?

OK, I kinda liked the flirting going on between Chelsea & Austen in the last ep.  I thought they seemed like a believably cute couple.  Eh, who am I kidding?  I just loved that Horseteeth got so hot & bothered when they got together & Chelsea rejected him for someone younger.  Oh, go drink yourself into oblivion, Horseteeth.  You & your alcoholism are not cute or adorable or charming, Horseteeth.  That ship has sailed.

Not only did that wake-up scene look fake as hell, it seemed so uncomfortable.  I figured both of 'em were gonna race to put their clothes on & flee out the door.  Wow, those 2 make a boring couple with zero chemistry.

Who said, "Don't come too soon, Austen", as Austen & Chelsea were leaving together?  Jeez, that squicked me out.  Was that Whitney pulling his dumbass bro routine again, in his endless attempt to hide the gay in him?  

Hey, Patrish, if Snowflake is such a great "package", why aren't you pushing her in Whitney's direction, eh?  After all, he hasn't found the right "girl" yet, right?  And Snowflake is the whole package.  Perfect match.  I'd say Snowflake is desperate enough at this point to play a beard if the dough is right.  The whole package?  Still chuckling over that one.  Thanks, Snowflake -- you are bringing some giggles this season.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Craig and Naomi are just making drama up for more screen time right?  Naomi seems to have a good head on her shoulders but isn't officially in the cast, so that makes me think they've contrived this drama so she can be on the show more.  Otherwise, not only should they be going to therapy (I guess) but Craig should really be in therapy.

You know, if Shep just wants to party, let him party, it will be a shorter but probably more fun life.

I didn't realize JD had gone gray, I thought he looked a little different, but I couldn't pin point why.  JD is basically the married, responsible version of Shep and TRav.

Landon, what the heck?  First Patricia tells her she'd be lucky to have Thomas (huh?), then she drunkedly flirts all over Austen.  She's not looking older you guys, she's looking younger.  A lot younger and no 25 year old is going to marry her at 35.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Someone mentioned the sudden grey head of JD.  Honestly, I never notice JD's looks.  It's his attitude (always jokey & teasing Craigie) that I think brings a welcome presence to the show.  Speaking of men with dyed hair, there's Whitney, whose hair morphs between looking too shoe-polish black or an oddly fake coppery color.  And I can't take my eyes off Thom-ass's hair.  WTF color is his hair anyway?

OK, I kinda liked the flirting going on between Chelsea & Austen in the last ep.  I thought they seemed like a believable cute couple.  Eh, who am I kidding?  I just loved that Horseteeth got so hot & bothered when they got together & Chelsea rejected him for someone younger.  Eh, go drink go yourself into oblivion, Horseteeth.  You & your alcoholism are not cute or adorable or charming, Horseteeth.  That ship has sailed.

Not only did that wake-up scene look fake as hell, it seemed so uncomfortable.  I figured both of 'em were gonna race to put their clothes on & flee out the door.  Wow, those 2 make a boring couple with zero chemistry.

Who said, "Don't come too soon, Austen", as Austen & Chelsea were leaving together?  Jeez, that squicked me out.  Was that Whitney pulling his dumbass bro routine again, in his endless attempt to hide the gay in him?  

Hey, Patrish, if Snowflake is such a great "package", why aren't you pushing her in Whitney's direction, eh?  After all, he hasn't found the right "girl" yet, right?  And Snowflake is the whole package.  Perfect match.  I'd say Snowflake is desperate enough at this point to play a beard if the dough is right.  The whole package?  Still chuckling over that one.  Thanks, Snowflake -- you are bringing some giggles this season.

It's exactly who you think it was--completely totally heterosexual rock'n'roll dude Whitney.

• Love 7

I bet Craig has a "vision board" hidden in a closet somewhere, and keeps wondering why "The Secret" isn't working for him....

Well, the thing is basic frat-boy, no-connections Craig is living the elevated lifestyle that he wants, including access to the houses and dinner tables of super wealthy folks like Patricia and TRav and the fancy cars of Naomi's parents ... he gets it gratis through the show. So the Secret is working for him, whether he admits it or not. But I don't think that's what he really wants. He wants to have been born wealthy, with parents and relatives that have all the toys at his disposal, but he is never the one responsible for cleaning the yacht, or hiring the butler, or making sure the plantation's termite problem is abated. 

I too HATE that Craig's sewing machine is set up in that tiny living room. Don't they have one of the bedrooms functioning as a closet?  It could be just a two-bedroom house. 

• Love 3

I really loved this episode. Kathryn seemed completely bored and playing lip service to the godparents. She was also very made-up for a casual conversation. She seems like she really hates them both. The shooting day seemed really fun, and I loved the difference in everyone's getups. Whitney looked hysterical. So did Craig with a white t and a way too large orange vest. Plus, he almost shot a dog which everyone was too quick to yell at him about. 

It seems that Landon is not interested in Thomas, and he doesn't seem that into her either. Austen and Chelsea are about to be spiltszo. It's funny how clearly she played him and he realization of it. Priceless. Maybe she is holding out for Shep!

Shep was very funny and sweet this episode. For all his womanzing that everyone talks about, he never seems to hook up. Otherwise, just a cute, fun episode. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

, he almost shot a dog which everyone was too quick to yell at him about. 

I don't think you can be too quick to yell at someone for almost shooting a dog.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I honestly don't know how any man would find her attractive.  She's not that cute.  I mean, she really isn't.  The voice is grating.  Her skin is terrible and she already has the look of someone who has been in the sun too much.  She won't age well.

And her entire existence is based on where she has traveled on apparently her daddy's money.  "In Aspen, there's a saying..."  Or in response to TRav's "I like that jacket" comment, "I got it in LA!"  It's great she so well traveled but you would think she'd be able to impart some interesting insights on what she's absorbed or it would mature her in some way.  The only thing she feels compelled to do is basically name drop her locations and talk about something superficial.

I don't think Landon has any input in that travel website.  She probably has the other girl do all the work because she doesn't have a clue.  She travels to all these places, eats and drinks and then pretends to have input I'm thinking.  Like when she went to n.y., she was totally clueless while the guy was interviewing her.  It was embarrassing.  She was unprepared and made a fool out of herself.  She is dilusional in many ways and will probably be a boring wife who giggles all the time.  Doesn't Miss Patricia see this?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Does anyone have any idea what everyone gets paid on this show?

Well, if Bethenny of N.Y. Housewives and NeNe of Atlanta were getting 1 million per season, and the other lessers getting between $500,000 to $700,000, I imagine this show probably would start around $400,000 depending on their importance.   I read this last year somewhere.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2017 at 5:05 PM, Giselle said:

You forgot Flipper vocalizations.

Hey, it's pretty impressive that she's trilingual. She speaks dolphin, English, and cat. Mmmmmmyea.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:08 PM, Gem 10 said:

I don't think Landon has any input in that travel website.  She probably has the other girl do all the work because she doesn't have a clue.  She travels to all these places, eats and drinks and then pretends to have input I'm thinking.  Like when she went to n.y., she was totally clueless while the guy was interviewing her.  It was embarrassing.  She was unprepared and made a fool out of herself.  She is dilusional in many ways and will probably be a boring wife who giggles all the time.  Doesn't Miss Patricia see this?

It's increasingly obvious to me that Landon is the Sonja Morgan of this cast. She's talking about the hobo camp otherwise known as Vail and whether or not things are Roam (Trovare) worthy. She didn't want to get into business with the yotme.com guys because she hangs with billionaires not millionaires.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, Gem 10 said:

Well, if Bethenny of N.Y. Housewives and NeNe of Atlanta were getting 1 million per season, and the other lessers getting between $500,000 to $700,000, I imagine this show probably would start around $400,000 depending on their importance.   I read this last year somewhere.

I don't think anyone in this cast rates that. Vanderpump Rules has much higher ratings, but the cast is maybe getting between $250,000 and $500,000. Southern Charm's best ratings have been about 1.3 million. Vanderpump Rules worst ratings are around a million viewers and their best were 2.2 million. And the fact that Bravo decided to franchise Southern Charm actually indicates that both the existing cast and the mothership are replaceable and disposable.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

My personal opinion is Patricia hates Kathyrn more than she likes Landon.  So if TRav and Landon gets together, she would enjoy watching the implosion.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

Agreed.

Yes. Try as I might, I just can't believe he completed his coursework in law school. He doesn't seem bright; he isn't a hard-worker; he doesn't seem particularly organized, and his exchange with Naomie at dinner made it clear that he is incapable of expressing himself logically in an argument. Also, I don't think I've ever heard a more lame sentence than: "I'm a big rom-com guy." Ew. I'm glad Naomie handed him his ass when he called her ignorant and dumb. Social-climbing creep.

• Love 8