Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Fowl Play

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Hey, it's pretty impressive that she's trilingual. She speaks dolphin, English, and cat. Mmmmmmyea have.

It's increasingly obvious to me that Landon is the Sonja Morgan of this cast. She's talking about the hobo camp otherwise known as Vail and whether or not things are Roam (Trovare) worthy. She didn't want to get into business with the yotme.com guys because she hangs with billionaires not millionaires.

I don't think anyone in this cast rates that. Vanderpump Rules has much higher ratings, but the cast is maybe getting between $250,000 and $500,000. Southern Charm's best ratings have been about 1.3 million. Vanderpump Rules worst ratings are around a million viewers and their best were 2.2 million. And the fact that Bravo decided to franchise Southern Charm actually indicates that both the existing cast and the mothership are replaceable and disposable.

You may be right about those figures.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

She seems like she really hates them both

She certainly did when she showed up at that polo match a season or so ago and they weren't fawning all over her as she expects everyone to do.

She came into the house with an air of contempt all around her bad hairdo.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Right? OMG THENNNKQUUUYUUYOOOhhhhHNG!!

More like she will live a life of high pitched whiny honking Desperation. ::slow blink::

I'm wondering why she got divorced from the first guy, how long they were married, etc..  Interesting.  I'll have to investigate that.

• Love 1

There is one thing I have to give Landon credit for and that is the fact that she is not really in to TRav because she knows there will be no escaping his baby mama drama, ever. She would have to live with that till her dying day and she's not gonna have it. She wants to concentrate on having her own kid, not worry about being torn limb from limb by Kathryn. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

There is one thing I have to give Landon credit for and that is the fact that she is not really in to TRav because she knows there will be no escaping his baby mama drama, ever. She would have to live with that till her dying day and she's not gonna have it. She wants to concentrate on having her own kid, not worry about being torn limb from limb by Kathryn. 

Her ex had a kid with Stacey Dash. Imagine having her crazy intruding on your marriage. I get why she wanted to stay far away from Kathryn.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I was referring to the dig made by Shep about Craig, shopping at Dicks and Walmart as opposed to some small specialized and by the look of it expensive shop.

That's a real snob talking.  Money can't buy you class.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:
9 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I was referring to the dig made by Shep about Craig, shopping at Dicks and Walmart as opposed to some small specialized and by the look of it expensive shop.

That's a real snob talking.  Money can't buy you class.

And if he had shown up at the bespoke outfitter shop they were at, they would have made fun of all of his choices-somehow, they'd been more preposterous than Whitney dressed like he was on a fox hunt-and then given a talking head about Really, Craig should not be shopping at such an expensive place and it's all a part of Craig's desire to be Shep and also he should be studying for the bar.

During the scene in the outfitters, I was like, Austen, what are you doing there?!  Don't buy those boots!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

She certainly did when she showed up at that polo match a season or so ago and they weren't fawning all over her as she expects everyone to do.

She came into the house with an air of contempt all around her bad hairdo.

Is it bad that I want to take a pin to her bubble forehead and watch her fitter away like a balloon.

Her son has her big 'ol head.

Edited by Giselle
Added snark
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

No need to bring in "the Trump Administration." Uncalled for. (Naomie & Craig)

If this happened in the show, I sure missed it. I don't know that they would have known about Trump's win because they filmed in the summer and early fall.

• Love 1

Because I work for a nonprofit and have to do my own filing, I use that time to entertain myself by listening to podcasts. I listened to an interview with Naomie and one with Shep today,  and both were pretty good. Naomie said she feels like it's ok for her to get on Craig about his lack of motivation, but isn't ok with other people doing it. She doesn't like Shep treating him like he's a dumbass. The Shep interview happened right before season 4 began airing, and he was flirty, but also honest and upfront. He mentioned what was shown in the preview for next week about him pulling Chelsea out of the door or whatever was it was, but he didn't go into detail. Basically said it wasn't a big deal, he just wanted to kiss her, but now acknowledges that it was a bad move.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Yes. Try as I might, I just can't believe he completed his coursework in law school. He doesn't seem bright; he isn't a hard-worker; he doesn't seem particularly organized, and his exchange with Naomie at dinner made it clear that he is incapable of expressing himself logically in an argument. Also, I don't think I've ever heard a more lame sentence than: "I'm a big rom-com guy." Ew. I'm glad Naomie handed him his ass when he called her ignorant and dumb. Social-climbing creep.

He is the target demographic for that law school. If you scrape up tuition (which is pretty high) they'll find a way. It's basically the law school of upper King St which is now a bar district- the main 'building' is actually shared with the Music Farm which is a bar/concert venue. They (like many other law schools) do have an intensive month long crash session to prep the kids for the Bar. So if someone studied some and then cracked down for prep they should be okay unless they are someone who tests poorly. Supposedly our Bar is not as difficult as some states.

He fits the bill of a lot of people I have seen go there. They want to walk into a room with bravado and swagger but not actually do the grunt work of being  a lawyer. And for the most part they are not well connected enough to get ahead without working. If they were they would have gotten into better schools. Heck one of my friends went there and worked there- and he is just as much of a braggart as Craig was about his investment portfolio. CofC to Charleston School of Law is not an impressive educational progression in my book. Not that bright people haven't gone to each- but it reads more like a social choice than anything.

And on the CofC front- I am not surprised Landon went for Historic Preservation. I'm familiar with that program and unfortunately it tends to either lead nowhere or be a generic degree that a more diligent person can use to make their way. But the program itself does not lead to any particular skills or consistent level of quality/experience among the students.

• Love 6

Something interesting Craig said.  When he almost shot a dog (I do NOT get hunting...not. at. all!), Craig said 'nothing bad happened!'  I think that's his motto.  He can do whatever (I don't mind him as much as some here) and as long as nothing 'bad' happens, everything is ok.

I find Austen strangely adorable most of the time.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Something interesting Craig said.  When he almost shot a dog (I do NOT get hunting...not. at. all!), Craig said 'nothing bad happened!'  I think that's his motto.  He can do whatever (I don't mind him as much as some here) and as long as nothing 'bad' happens, everything is ok.

Agree to all.

If Craig had hit the dog he would have blamed the dog and trainer and he  would have said it was poorly trained.

Does anybody else see the "L" on his forehead. 

I like Austen also. He and Chelsey make a cute couple. Be nice if it's real.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Although, I kinda like Craig, you totally summed it up. He is your average under achiever.

I believe part of this, is due to the fact that he most likely skipped by his good looks.

On the other hand, he also has a kind heart and despite having gone to a mediocre law school a decent intellect, imo.

As far as Naomie, while I agree that she seems smart and more ambitious, she still lives off her parents who are not exactly blue blood themselves...

• Love 1

Craig is such a loser. I'm rewatching Season 2 when he gets fired and starts sleeping til noon. Then he says, "getting fired isn't the end of the world. There is always something else coming up." He then has Cameran take him to McDonald's where she says, "am I paying for this?" and he says, "I forgot my wallet." Cameran says, "again". 

What a LOSER. Shep also always said that Craig would "forget" his wallet at the bars. The guy has no character. He talks to Naomie like shit. He is such a user and social climber. He is with Naomie because her parents have money. I can not stand this guy. 

Elizabeth and JD are good parents and must hate being around Kathryn who is more interested in ripping on Jennifer than talking about Kensie when Elizabeth brought her up. 

In the first three seasons I thought Thomas fit in well with the young cast but lately he is looking older/more tired. I actually feel a little bad for him. I wonder why it is so hard for him to find a decent woman he wants to date?? 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Craig is such a loser. I'm rewatching Season 2 when he gets fired and starts sleeping til noon. Then he says, "getting fired isn't the end of the world. There is always something else coming up." He then has Cameran take him to McDonald's where she says, "am I paying for this?" and he says, "I forgot my wallet." Cameran says, "again". 

What a LOSER. Shep also always said that Craig would "forget" his wallet at the bars. The guy has no character. He talks to Naomie like shit. He is such a user and social climber. He is with Naomie because her parents have money. I can not stand this guy. 

Elizabeth and JD are good parents and must hate being around Kathryn who is more interested in ripping on Jennifer than talking about Kensie when Elizabeth brought her up. 

In the first three seasons I thought Thomas fit in well with the young cast but lately he is looking older/more tired. I actually feel a little bad for him. I wonder why it is so hard for him to find a decent woman he wants to date?? 

Because, he is barking the wrong shallow tree?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That's true. I think if TRav didn't come with the baggage of Kathryn, Landon would be more all over him. I don't know what her level of attraction is to him, but whatever it is, it is not enough to outweigh being haunted by Kathryn for the rest of her life. And I think that's smart of Landon t realize that. Just look at what she's done/doing to Jennifer, the nannies, and all other women that allegedly hooked up with Thomas when they're not together. I'm now starting to pity that poor new blonde GF - Kathryn is probably shooting laser eye daggers at her now looking at their IG pics as we speak. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

<snip>

Couldn't agree more.  Cheapskate Craig of S1&2 is why I could never warm to the guy.  He seemed like such a work-averse poser.  I know a few people who consistently "forget" their wallets and it's never an accident.

I have a feeling that "nothing bad happened" is a phrase that Craig's had to say a lot during his lifetime!

• Love 6

Am I remembering this wrong or at the beginning of the episode, didn't Landon FaceTime Austen? At least I think it was Landon. It may be just me but I only ever want to FaceTime with children and animals. It's weird to me that grown adults living 5 minutes away from each other, who see each other frequently, feel the need to FaceTime unless it's for someone to critique a potential outfit for a date, benefit, wedding, etc. Anyway this incident is part of why I buy the Landon is into Austen thing. She certainly is working hard...on bagging a man. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

Why is everyone talking about Landon when I can't stop staring at Whitney's face and trying to figure out if he's had a facelift, or what? Something is different.

He's not wearing his hair in that pasty looking boy band style anymore. I wouldn't put it past him to get some kind of rejuvenation under the radar. His forehead looks botoxy. Still nothing will help Whitney, not even a facelift. He was born with it and will die with it. 

He just creeps me out. Always has.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Am I remembering this wrong or at the beginning of the episode, didn't Landon FaceTime Austen? At least I think it was Landon. It may be just me but I only ever want to FaceTime with children and animals. It's weird to me that grown adults living 5 minutes away from each other, who see each other frequently, feel the need to FaceTime unless it's for someone to critique a potential outfit for a date, benefit, wedding, etc. Anyway this incident is part of why I buy the Landon is into Austen thing. She certainly is working hard...on bagging a man. 

I am guessing production asked them to do that, instead of just a phone call. More "drama" for us to watch. LOL

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Ha!

I'm rewatching Season 1 on Tivo. Even then Craig's boss was getting on him about being late. He also didn't show up for JD last season.  It demonstrates his lack of respect for other people. And we're not even adding in his procrastination.

I stopped doing as much with one friend and eventually dropped her because of her constant lateness. I just started ordering after 15 minutes and eating and if she came in while I was eating my meal or dessert, too bad, when I was done I was out the door.  Her time was important but apparently mine wasn't. With another family friend, when our families  dined together we would tell them an hour earlier than the reservation that was made or we would go ahead and order or just leave after 20 minutes. It was disrespectful of them to make everybody wait and it got old. They always talked about going to an amusement park together with us.... um, no. We would go with other families, just not theirs.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

That's true. I think if TRav didn't come with the baggage of Kathryn, Landon would be more all over him. I don't know what her level of attraction is to him, but whatever it is, it is not enough to outweigh being haunted by Kathryn for the rest of her life. And I think that's smart of Landon t realize that. Just look at what she's done/doing to Jennifer, the nannies, and all other women that allegedly hooked up with Thomas when they're not together. I'm now starting to pity that poor new blonde GF - Kathryn is probably shooting laser eye daggers at her now looking at their IG pics as we speak. 

Maybe the best thing to do if someone really truly wants him is to marry him and have a passle of kids. The first two kids become part of the many in the family unit. Besides, those two kids will as they get older figure out which parent is the responsible one and the one they can count on.

And when Katherine starts crap nip it in the bud, get legal with her quickly if you have to. No let it pass nor second chances.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Wavesofblue said:

Because I work for a nonprofit and have to do my own filing, I use that time to entertain myself by listening to podcasts. I listened to an interview with Naomie and one with Shep today,  and both were pretty good. Naomie said she feels like it's ok for her to get on Craig about his lack of motivation, but isn't ok with other people doing it. She doesn't like Shep treating him like he's a dumbass. The Shep interview happened right before season 4 began airing, and he was flirty, but also honest and upfront. He mentioned what was shown in the preview for next week about him pulling Chelsea out of the door or whatever was it was, but he didn't go into detail. Basically said it wasn't a big deal, he just wanted to kiss her, but now acknowledges that it was a bad move.

Personally, I find Shep, Whitney and to a lesser degree Cameran's constant attempts at motivating Craig anything but.  They just like to criticize Craig.  The day he bought the house, there should have been a much larger congratulations to both he and Cameran, instead it was sort of played down because Princess Naomie nose was out of joint.  I think Shep finds himself to be a far better friend than he truly is.  Craig makes the comparison the two of them are in different worlds. He also uses the example  JV squad isn't hammered by the Varsity squad.  If you are friends you are supportive.  As to Naomie, you can't expect others to treat your loves one well if you don't.

Naomie's methods are not motivational.  I don't know why she wants to be in a relationship with someone she finds so much fault with.  I am not certain if this radio silence with Naomie and Craig the past few weeks is because they are no longer together and they have watched the episodes and decided it isn't working or it is a way not to comment on their behavior week to week.  Naomie is having a nice European holiday and who knows where Craig is-if he got all his paperwork in, he should be sworn in Monday. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Naomi's methods are not motivational.  I don't know why she wants to be in a relationship with someone she finds so much fault with.  I am not certain if this radio silence with Naomie and Craig the past few weeks is because they are no longer together and they have watched the episodes and decided it isn't working or it is a way not to comment on their behavior week to week.  Naomie is having a nice European holiday and who knows where Craig is-if he got all his paperwork in, he should be sworn in Monday. 

She likes to be on TV. I doubt that she would have a spot without Craig.

What is the story about her dad?

I keep on hearing not so nice rumors.

Craig is the Dorit/Gatsby of the show.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Naomie is having a nice European holiday and who knows where Craig is-if he got all his paperwork in, he should be sworn in Monday. 

He's currently in Charleston. It looked like he filmed a bit with Shep (and Austen) for his new reality show in Kiawah, and he also went with the guys for Elizabeth's birthday a couple of nights ago at the Gentry restaurant. It does look like he's hanging out with the boys more, so who knows? 

I do hope they're still together. Their relationship isn't perfect - whose relationship is, anyway - and it looks to me their conflicts are just the typical conflicts in any regular relationship. It's just amplified because they're on TV. It's nice to see a stable, exclusive relationship in which two people genuinely care about each other in a show that promotes debauchery as a way of life.

• Love 2

Ah, so next week we get the deets on Horseteeth's rapey moves?  Sounds real smooth.  Yup, keep drinkin', Horseteeth, keep drinking.

Wow, Patrish's joint is my total fantasy.  But in my fantasy I might have a hot pool boy serve me the drinks, but maybe not.  I kinda like Michael's efficiency & coolness & impecably good manners.  He never gets snippy with Patrish & always swiftly gets her those drinks.  Ah, sounds nice.  

Now if only Whitney could find the right girl, then Patrish's life would be just perfect, right?  Who could that girl be?  Where is she?  Oh Snowflake . . .

• Love 4
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

He's currently in Charleston. It looked like he filmed a bit with Shep (and Austen) for his new reality show in Kiawah, and he also went with the guys for Elizabeth's birthday a couple of nights ago at the Gentry restaurant. It does look like he's hanging out with the boys more, so who knows? 

I do hope they're still together. Their relationship isn't perfect - whose relationship is, anyway - and it looks to me their conflicts are just the typical conflicts in any regular relationship. It's just amplified because they're on TV. It's nice to see a stable, exclusive relationship in which two people genuinely care about each other in a show that promotes debauchery as a way of life.

We got that with JD and Elizabeth. I wish we would see more of them.

• Love 2

I'm not sure Craig & Naomi care about each other. She cares about access to minor fame and he cares about access to the benefits of her family money. Plus she does afford him some rtespectability. 

I think the others see them as coworkers not friends. Naomi said as much in an interview recently- that Shep is hard on Craig because there was no underlying friendship before the show.

• Love 4

Wow, Patrish's joint is my total fantasy.  But in my fantasy I might have a hot pool boy serve me the drinks, but maybe not.  I kinda like Michael's efficiency & coolness & impecably good manners.  He never gets snippy with Patrish & always swiftly gets her those drinks.  Ah, sounds nice.  

According to Patricia's book, Michael was a highly sought-after butler in the ritzy area of Connecticut that she lived in before moving to Charleston. She snapped him up as soon as his former client passed away, apparently beating out other rich women who wanted to employ him. When Patricia wanted to move south, they hit the road together exploring different southern towns until she settled on Charleston.  I think they are very loyal to each other.

• Love 14

Forgot to ask this: did Craig really buy that house without Naomie's knowledge? That's the way it played out on camera. I'm not convinced she didn't know and they were faking the storyline.

There is no way Craig could spend the amount of time necessary looking at houses, getting financing in order and doing inspections without Naomi noticing. And Cameron sure as heck wouldn't keep it on the DL.

39 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

It's Craig's money. He doesn't have to check with the girlfriend on how he spends his Bravo money. Altho it would have been courteous to do so. 

I don't think it's about the money, but the process itself. The process of buying a house is very complicated and too consuming to hide from a girlfriend, especially someone you're living together with, with all the time spent and the paperwork to deal with. 

41 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I don't think it's about the money, but the process itself. The process of buying a house is very complicated and too consuming to hide from a girlfriend, especially someone you're living together with, with all the time spent and the paperwork to deal with. 

I just see it as  another example of how dismissive he is towards "Child". It is about money and trust.  They are living together, that is a commitment, is he already meeting his half of financial responsibilities, living expenses, personal expenses? Is he working now or not? If he continues to slack off, if money gets tight, her quality of life is also affected. 

If he treats her that way now it wont change if they are married. He is dismissive of everybody. No amount of counseling will help Craig because of his selective hearing. He has so many red flags. Naomie would be smart to walk away.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2017 at 7:06 PM, Nancypants said:

Landon comes off as just so pitifully Dumb and desperate. And Dolphiny.. it worstens each ep. I CANT with this idiot.

I watched a very bad Adam Sandler movie tonight and that signature character sound he makes with the nasally laugh sounded just like Landon.  Annoying as hell. 

• Love 1

Patricia isn't pushing Landon towards Whitney bc Landon isn't good enough for him (in HER opinion).

Patricia would cut a bitch at the opportunity to snag Ravenall but she is MUCH too old for him (in HIS opinion).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

It's Craig's money. He doesn't have to check with the girlfriend on how he spends his Bravo money. Altho it would have been courteous to do so. 

But if he is driving her (or her family's) cars and living in her (or her family's) house then he should expect the person(s) to want knowledge of how he is spending the money they freed up for him. I he were in a separate apartment would agree. But he is playing house so he should realize the expectations. 

• Love 4

I think in a previous episode, Landon mentioned having issues with her ex and his ex and their kid. Like everyone else, I think she has zero interest in Thomas.

Cameron tearing up in the preview at the idea of her husband as a father was very sweet.

Are JD and Elizabeth at a different house than in past seasons? Kathryn should call them daily for life advice.

Drunk Shep is annoying. It's his life and he can do whatever he wants but I think he is very smart and could offer the world more than just partying and running a couple bars. Obviously, he has no obligation to do this but I feel like he has some wasted talents. 

• Love 8
On May 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Sage47 said:

Felony, flirtatious, and foolish don't look good on 54, even if there are a few million along with it. Add heavy baby-mama drama and even Landon hesitates. Thomas should be looking for a divorced woman around 45-55 who has kids finishing high school or off in college. He's got his heirs so doesn't need to look for a 30-year-old who will want 2 babies from his old sperm. 

• Love 9

^^

either that or hook up with a woman who is not interested in having her own children.

In any case, good luck finding the rare bird who would like to deal with this situation...

• Love 4
(edited)

It seems to me that Naomi would have to want tv fame REALLY bad to put up with Craig, if that were her only focus.  I mean, some things are just too painful.  And I think that putting up with Craig might not be worth it.  She likely had hope that their relationship would inspire him to get motivated and become more adult like.  There are actually 40 year-old men like that.  lol  I'm serious.  But, Craig chose to be wit her.  At some point, he must have felt that they have a future together and have strong feelings.  I think it might be difficult for that to work if there is a lot of dysfunction and lack of respect for the other.  

I'm not sure of the timing and when this was filmed, but, taking the Bar is super stressful.  The months preceding the Bar exam we ONLY studied, attended prep class, eat, slept, that's it.  We did this 7 days a week, from 7:00 a.m.-midnight....everyday.  I'm not sure if Craig was doing that or not.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Felony, flirtatious, and foolish don't look good on 54, even if there are a few million along with it. Add heavy baby-mama drama and even Landon hesitates. Thomas should be looking for a divorced woman around 45-55 who has kids finishing high school or off in college. He's got his heirs so doesn't need to look for a 30-year-old who will want 2 babies from his old sperm. 

Also, his head looks like Easter Island carving.

Yess to all of this!

• Love 4