Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: The Forever Knot

• Start Topic

Tyler decides to be more optimistic about Butch's recovery; Farrah questions her mom's relationship with her fiance; and Ryan's family finds out that Maci doesn't want Bentley going over to Jen and Larry's house.

Maci is a shrew on top of being a lush. She may tend to her children in a better fashion than Amber and Cate, but that doesn't nullify how she treats those who have been more than happy to support her all these years when she needed them at the drop of a hat. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Mackenzie is a narc. 

She is definitely stirring the pot/kicking the hornets nest. I wonder if that is her natural splitting or if it is producer-led...

• Love 15

Whatever it is, I like it.

Maci said to her friend in the last episode (or the one previous) how Ryan hasn't stepped up and therefore, he doesn't get a say-so. Pretty bold of her to make such a statement. Try telling that to an attorney or a judge, Maci. You will be eating your words. You hold all the cards only because you have been allowed to by a parent who hasn't sought a court-ordered visitation. Mackenzie is now in Ryan's corner. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

• Love 17

Why do doctors need to be finger printed ? What ?

I bet Cate doesn't wash her hands after she changes Nova. Yuck.

Amber has scoliosis  ? That poor massage girl.. Barf. 

Chickens  ?!?!

Is Kim married ? I spy a wedding ring.

And yeah sure, Kim is such an optimist herself.

Ugh Gary,  gross on the sex talk. 

• Love 3

Amber is dong her best Missy Ann impression and Annette is starring as Kizzy. Amber is dragging this confused looking woman around like a pet. Who are Annette's people and why wont they come free her from this ridiculousness?

Amber really needs to question why her only friend is this middle aged woman who probably has kids Amber's age.

• Love 15

Um... yeah I had such a hard time getting through this episode when Matt said "Amber won't leave the bed until she's done work " and then they show us Amber doing work from her bed. And then show us her talking to a producer in bed. So basically Amber does everything in bed. Who isn't surprised.  

Also I wish these people would stop acting like Dr. Panda is a doctor who can help them through their struggles.  

Im not sure how I feel about the Maci Larry Jen Ryan situation. I think some of what Maci says may be true but I also think she may be exaggerating for reasons of wanting Ryan to step up. Also maybe I'm dead of joy or something but watching Maci and Taylor try to exit the escape room and the silly music playing wasn't funny to me. It's things like that where the editors are like editing a different show. 

Farrah and Debra need to stay the hell away from each other. Farrah was okay-still Farrah of course- before the last episode and this one. Her and Debra are toxic to each other. 

• Love 8

When Debra was talking about whatever the fuck and David said: That's not very Christian of you....Farrah had the most genuine laugh/reaction to that.  That was the only 4 seconds I've liked of this girl.

Amber's bestie looked beautiful in her dress. Fuck you, Amber. Let your bestie have her day.  You didn't need to try on dresses, also. 

• Love 18

So many thoughts. 

• So Amber has another medical issue?  
  • I literally spit out my Diet Coke when Matt mentioned having to drag Amber out of bed to get her away from work. My sides hurt from laughing 
  • I am so confused by the dinner between Farrah and Debra with Debra's man 
  • Before the dinner when they were talking to the producer -- who seemed very skeptical of what the guy was spewing -- right before they cut to the next scene, they focused on Debra. I swear she had a conniving look on her face. 
  • Leah was adorable when she told Gary "NOT on the cameras." She is wise. Also, why are they talking about sex at the age of 8 or so? (Not sure of Leah's age) 
  • I am a horrible person but am kind of enjoying seeing this not great side of Amber and Matt's relationship. In fact, when she was trying to shut him down from being upset about her business guy calling (RED FLAG!!! Controlling!) she spoke about moving on and up each year so they can live a great life. I can't remember what word she used instead of great but as she said it, she almost had a smirk. For a split second I let myself think "OH! Maybe they were done with the relationship but were putting on a ruse for the cameras until it all airred." 
  • You guys! Catelynn wasn't sitting down for a few minutes. And went outside. Yay for chickens! 
  • Love 13

I think it's great that they're discussing sex education with the children. The children of TM are likely to become teen parents. It's an endless cycle. Education is key. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Why do doctors need to be finger printed ? What ?

I bet Cate doesn't wash her hands after she changes Nova. Yuck.

Chickens  ?!?!

Is Kim married ? I spy a wedding ring.

And yeah sure, Kim is such an optimist herself.

Ugh Gary,  gross on the sex talk. 

I'm a nurse and I have to do fingerprints every couple of years, it's part of the background check to renew my license.

• Love 2

uggg!!! I'm back to not being able to like posts! It's maddening!!!!

I read somewhere that MTV pays it's audience members because they moved the filming out of town and no one wanted to make the trek. I'm not sure it said how much, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the money to sit there for hours while the cast members are backstage pouting and whining and refusing to come out and do their jobs. Heck, that is the part of the reason disclosed for them bring Briana in on TM2; the cast members not wanting to discuss things on air, like Kail.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

HAHAHA! Mr. Guilfoyle said the same thing about the massage girl. "Can you imagine the kind of girls she's got to rub up on? Hitting those weird patches of hair?"

Maci is a damn idiot if she thought for one minute that Mackenzie was going to keep her shit talking to herself. 

Bentley and Jayde are so damn cute together, though.

• Love 11
(edited)

Maci is a damn idiot if she thought for one minute that Mackenzie was going to keep her shit talking to herself. 

Maci loves to talk shit about people on camera because she doesn't have the balls to say it to anyone's face.

What a ho-hum episode. Maci and Taylor playing that exit game was hella boring. It is like the Z-list version of a Beverly Hills Housewife episode except instead of high-end adventures, we get Maci the lush and Taylor playing a game.

The scene with Amber at the dress shop occurred in January. That is the time when she had that hair color.

Dr. Drew making an appearance and MTV then ends the scene by throwing in their PSA right before the commercial about addiction. Whatever MTV.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

What did Larry mean when he said he couldn't make decisions for Ryan, but he can for Bentley?  Um, no you can't....unless I'm missing what he's talking about.  And I'm sorry, but there's seriously something wrong with Ryan - the way he's holding and studying his phone in that scene - it looks like he's mentally challenged.  

• Love 24
(edited)

Catelynn to Nova: "What noise does mama make?"

Nova: "oink"

Okay, she didn't say that, but I hoped. It would have been more appropriate for Nova to make a snoring sound.

8 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

What did Larry mean when he said he couldn't make decisions for Ryan, but he can for Bentley?  Um, no you can't....unless I'm missing what he's talking about.  And I'm sorry, but there's seriously something wrong with Ryan - the way he's holding and studying his phone in that scene - it looks like he's mentally challenged.  

My thought was he meant he can speak for Ryan on his behalf with regards to Bentley.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

My thought was he meant he can speak for Ryan on his behalf with regards to Bentley.

Oh, ok.  But he really can't.  Not legally, at least.  And it seems like Maci is drawing more of a line between parents and grandparents as Bentley gets older.  I don't see where Larry thinks he has any say in the matter.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think it's great that they're discussing sex education with the children. The children of TM are likely to become teen parents. It's an endless cycle. Education is key. 

I agree.  In our circle, parents talk to kids very early and keep talking until the kids cover their ears and yell, "I can't hear you".  Bowls of condoms are in the bathroom, boys and girls are encouraged to get birth control with no questions from the parents.  I must say, it has deterred our kids of sex until 18.

56 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Because his parents did everything for him.  I like Ryan and I hope he is growing up and will take on Maci.  I have noticed he is going gray.  I think Maci is afraid HE WILL WANT 50/50 CUSTODY AND IT FREAKS HER OUT.  That's why she is getting all crazy now.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I like Ryan and I hope he is growing up and will take on Maci.  I have noticed he is going gray.  I think Maci is afraid HE WILL WANT 50/50 CUSTODY AND IT FREAKS HER OUT.  That's why she is getting all crazy now.

50/50 custody?  This is a guy who said his best case scenario was getting Bentley one more day, and alternating weekends.  That's it!  And that was only because Mackenzie asked him.  With the cameras rolling.  And btw, what's stopping him?  He's the father and has legal rights re: custody.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Oh, ok.  But he really can't.  Not legally, at least.  And it seems like Maci is drawing more of a line between agents and grandparents as Bentley gets older.  I don't see where Larry thinks he has any say in the matter.  

I think it is more about Larry pursuing more time with Bentley via Ryan. Ryan relies on his parents to do his talking and requesting time with Bentley. With Maci wanting Ryan to contact her re Bentley, Larry will just ask Ryan to ask for visitation time with Bentley.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think it is more about Larry pursuing more time with Bentley via Ryan. Ryan relies on his parents to do his talking and requesting time with Bentley. With Maci wanting Ryan to contact her re Bentley, Larry will just ask Ryan to ask for visitation time with Bentley.

Right, but we've seen how this plays out: Ryan does nothing, even with his parents pushing him to do more and ask for more.  This is a losing battle for Larry.

• Love 6

Man, fuck this show. I honestly stopped the show and deleted it after the umpteenth berating by Farrah. I dont have time for this anymore. Its a waste of every ones times. I love seeing the kids grow up but that's it. I can't with this show anymore. Life is too short. I finally reached the breaking point.

• Love 7

When Amber said "Excuse. You"  to Matt I thought she was going to get up and start beating the shit out of him, a la Gary years ago.   

Best line:  "She's fat and lazy and can't move."  "That's not very Christian."  

• Love 16
(edited)

My 10 year old son walking into the dinner scene with David: "who's the drunk Santa?"

The look on the producer's face while he was talking was like, uh, better keep the cameras rolling at all times-for evidence and shit.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Mischievious said:

Also, why are they talking about sex at the age of 8 or so? (Not sure of Leah's age) 

She lives in Indiana and is the child of a teen mother.  I'm from Indiana.  Trust me, girls blossom *early* 'round those parts.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Um... yeah I had such a hard time getting through this episode when Matt said "Amber won't leave the bed until she's done work " and then they show us Amber doing work from her bed. And then show us her talking to a producer in bed. So basically Amber does everything in bed. Who isn't surprised.  

That statement is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard that chucklefuck say and he's said a lot of ridiculous things.  Why would she not work in the toy shrine / office they were in last episode?  Gawd. These two.   

That "friend" with Amber looked like she would PAY to be anywhere else.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 15

Amber needs to listen to everything she is saying that is warning her against marrying Matt. 

Creepy Doctor needs to 'get Farrah onboard' to make sure the cameras are around.

Why was Ryan so fixated on that phone during the conversation. What was he doing with it?

• Love 8

Larry's temper is frightening. Wasn't it just last year he refused to speak to him son and damn near forbid Jenn from talking to him as well? Take note, Mackenzie.  

Debra's man is creepy as fuck...almost as creepy as Matt. Loved when Amber asked the producer why Matt was so eager to married.  Hmmm, your $$$ maybe????

Four proposals?  Really?

• Love 21
3 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

She lives in Indiana and is the child of a teen mother.  I'm from Indiana.  Trust me, girls blossom *early* 'round those parts.

Yeah, my cousin grew up in the same town as Leah and her mom put her on birth control at 12 years old.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Anyone get the Maci beer count?

No, but I'm pretty sure she said she needed 14 after doing a "fun" activity with her husband. 

Edited by Booger666
Typo
  • Love 9