Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/8/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

That is a brilliant idea. I really hope it's possible to set my dvr to start taping two minutes late. I hate the theme song - it gets stuck in my head!  Don't get me started on Jed prancing out like she's Mick Jagger taking the stage or wecumtodaview wecumtodaview wecumtodaview !!!

If only there was a way to make the volume go down automatically when Jed starts yammering, like how the driving direction thing in the car lowers the radio volume to tell you to turn left ... that would be awesome.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Did Mayim say something wrong or did the sound just go out on my TV?

I would have liked to hear more about her book.   Although Mayium handled it well that interview was uncomfortable.  

I'm not sure what happened, but my sound hiccuped too. 

• Love 2

i have to sadly confess that i never miss the opening and have taken to counting the WTV's just out of sheer meanness hoping she will break her own record and collapse in a coughing fit.

• Love 6
(edited)

Does anyone have Whoopi's exact words when she introduced Drew Brees - something to the effect of "greatest guy on earth"? Shocked Joy a little. I'll say it again. I think Whoopi is terrible at this job. Along with being unable to handle the teleprompter, she cannot introduce guests properly or formulate interview questions. 

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I adore Drew Brees, but it just seemed that Whoopi went overboard in her description.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't know why the need to play their "little games" with celebrities.  Drew Brees has lots to say ... why don't they let him?

Isn't that silly? Other shows do this too and it drives me crazy. I want to see and hear what your guest has to say - not bother with this nonsense.

The Whoopster obviously feels the same way. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, God was my reaction, too. It's going to be as bad as Omarosa, KAC, and whoever that Breitbart editor Jedi (with her own Bannon connections) was chummy with was were. Of course, two of those snuck on the show when Whoopi was out and got away with a lot of their crazy. Whoopi definitely has her warts, but her railroading is exactly what's needed with this kind of guest. Joy lets them get away with too much in the name of politeness when she's moderating.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, pachebo said:

i have to sadly confess that i never miss the opening and have taken to counting the WTV's just out of sheer meanness hoping she will break her own record and collapse in a coughing fit.

I usually record The View and when I play it back, I just fast forward the minute when whoopi says "welcome to the View"!

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't know why the need to play their "little games" with celebrities.  Drew Brees has lots to say ... why don't they let him??

I wouldn't have minded him being on one of these "Guy Day Fridays".

22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is a brilliant idea. I really hope it's possible to set my dvr to start taping two minutes late. I hate the theme song - it gets stuck in my head!  

That theme song gets stuck in my head so bad that I wish they had never gotten one with lyrics. When it gets to the line about the world having gone crazy I think daily about how crazy the show is too .

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6

I'm sure when Barbara and the producers came up with the concept they weren't thinking "let's go crazy!"

I used the "welcome to the View" time to fold laundry yesterday.

• Love 3

I can't believe that clip is 10 1/2 years old.. The co-host is Crystal McCrary Anthony.  Looking up that show date Dec 20, 2006, it does say Hillary Clinton and Kaye Ballard were guests that day. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Thanks for the clip merribreeze.  Never gets old.  Rosie was spot on.  Who is that lady defending Trumpy?

I enjoyed the View so much during that season.  Even Elisabeth was tolerable.

• Love 5

I also loved Hasan being  on the panel. I could tell he was surprised that moms want some time alone. My sweet daughter in law posts the same thing every year her Mother's Day wishes to sleep in, eat with two hands, alone time , audience free bathroom. The  4 year old told her that going to the bathroom by herself was" off the list" . 

Unfortunately it was interrupted by Spicy.   

• Love 5

We didn't get to see Roger Stone today because they interrupted for Spicey's non-press conference.  Did he say anything interesting?  Did they ask him about the FBI raid on the consulting firm associated with him and Manafort yesterday?

• Love 1

Roger Stone is one cagey individual. He didn't want to answer much and talked his way around everything. He also looks like a huckster.

• Love 6

Roger and the new guy - both slimy, oily, bastards. The new guy has hired him and fired him several times throughout the years (publically). All for show.  They are in this together.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

You forgot to add emoji's to your post GHScorpios.  Lol.  

Hee! ?I was typing from my laptop, which doesn't ALLOW me to add emojis! ??But! I'll go back and edit and correct that oversight RIGHT AWAY!!!???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Emojis!
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

We didn't get to see Roger Stone today because they interrupted for Spicey's non-press conference.  Did he say anything interesting?  Did they ask him about the FBI raid on the consulting firm associated with him and Manafort yesterday?

First, I had no idea who Roger Stone is.  I learned that he is the person that gave you guys Trump as President.  There was also a newsworthy moment.  Apparently Trump had tweeted he hadn't spoken to Stone in ages, re some CNN report, and Stone said he spoke to him recently.  He also said he would never reveal anything he spoke to Trump about, because then he would not be in the inner circle.

There was quite the dynamic between Joy and Stone, but especially when he said Al Franken is not funny, never was funny, and Joy harshly told him to shut it.  She said Franken is funny and brilliant.  The Stone said, Franken is a friend of mine, and Joy said, he is my friend.  And I got the sense that Franken is not a friend of Stone.   I don't know about this Stone guy but he seems as much a freak as Trump. 

• Love 6

A little late on this...on the topic of The Darling Blue-Eyed Anderson Cooper's eye-rolls--oh, the "sexist" eyerolls.  Why did no one mention the "flirtatious" wink given by Miss KellyAnne in the same moments?   She can wink and it's nothing...yet he rolls and it's sexist?   Dish it out?  Take it.  That's the rule.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

A little late on this...on the topic of The Darling Blue-Eyed Anderson Cooper's eye-rolls--oh, the "sexist" eyerolls.  Why did no one mention the "flirtatious" wink given by Miss KellyAnne in the same moments?   She can wink and it's nothing...yet he rolls and it's sexist?   Dish it out?  Take it.  That's the rule.

Yeah, I thought that was really strange too. Not one of them mentioned her little "gotcha" wink, which is probably what he was eye rolling about as well.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, I thought that was really strange too. Not one of them mentioned her little "gotcha" wink, which is probably what he was eye rolling about as well.

Was it really a gotcha wink though?  Very sloppy if so. I thought her mascara hooked her eyelashes for a second but then got them unstuck.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Was it really a gotcha wink though?  Very sloppy if so. I thought her mascara hooked her eyelashes for a second but then got them unstuck.

I didn't take it as a flirtatious wink - her eyes don't always operate as a team. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I didn't take it as a flirtatious wink

I didn't either, LookeyLoo, thus the quotation marks.  It's her "I know better than everyone" wink.   I felt that if Fake News could term My Beloved Gay *Son's eye-roll as sexist, I could return the favor.   Anderson knows that screaming out, "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" is just so overdone.

*Wishful thinking.  Any term will do: boyfriend, brother, best friend, confessor, Pulitzer Prize winner......

• Love 5
On 5/12/2017 at 11:34 AM, merriebreeze said:

Wow! Worth re-watching The bit that really made The Donald mad

Was Hillary really on the show that same day?

I love this clip because it proves the point that Rosie wasn't taking the young woman to task as Donald and his followers made it seem. It was Rosie saying who the fuck is Donald Trump to give this young girl a pass after all his bs. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Was anyone else hoping Rosie would call in ?

I didn't watch on Friday, but just saw a mention on Rosie's Q&A about Joy wanting Rosie to call in?  What prompted that?

• Love 2
(edited)

Roger Stone is REPULSIVE.....he makes my skin crawl. 

Let's start with his appearance: hair plugs, a ton of Botox to the forehead and God knows where else, probably an eye job and, those eyebrows (no man should have brows like that!) major face lift, probably some fillers too, over done fake bake, those hideous way-too-white teeth (his are probably 90% not real anyway) and that's just what bugs me about him PHYSICALLY!!!

The rest of his egregious and disgusting behavior and speech stems from the fact that he not only got POS Trump elected, but remains steadfast in his loyalty to him and that, among his many faults and shocking appearance, is by far, the worst thing this man has ever done.

And kudos to Joy for giving this freak the best daytime television "fuck off" possible. How dare he accuse Al Franken of "not being very funny!!" When was the last time you brought people any hope or laughter.....instead of fear and tears.

Is this gross, sad parade of Republicans, trying desperately to spin everything, going to continue this week? Please stop booking them on the show! They're not going to change anyone's mind and they're a complete waste of time. 

If KAC shows up next week, I'm not watching.

Edited by dinkysquid
  • Love 13
(edited)

(From Ask Rosie) Buddy writes:

Welcome back! Joy Behar really advocated for you on Friday's View. She wanted you to call in. Did you see that?xxx

(RO responds) i did not - i was out on the boat - 
but thanks joy

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

I didn't watch on Friday, but just saw a mention on Rosie's Q&A about Joy wanting Rosie to call in?  What prompted that?

Donald Trump tweeted finally Rosie and I agree on some thing.  Rosie I guess had tweeted that FBI director should be fired.  Not sure when Rosie tweet was. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Donald Trump tweeted finally Rosie and I agree on some thing.  Rosie I guess had tweeted that FBI director should be fired.  Not sure when Rosie tweet was. 

Rosie's tweet Fire Comey was from Dec 2016. 

• Love 2

Also, Joy mentioned the repulsive things Trump has thrown at Rosie for years, and it was obvious that she was pissed off on her friend's behalf. She wanted Rosie to call in to give a rebuttal to the retweet of Rosie's tweet. I love Joy, and her going to bat for one of the many people disparaged by Trump made me like her even more.

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, ChicagoCita said:

Sheesh, the producers need to step in and be grown-ups here. Today there were 12 bellows of "Welcome to The View, y'all" to start the show. The cross-talk was out of control. I am sure that someone is telling Jedidiah to be the gadfly, because she can't possibly believe all the crap she's spewing (and spewing and spewing and spewing without stopping to take a breath). Watching today was exhausting.

I have some memory of how this developed.  WHoopi used to do one "welcome to the view", and then a special one to the rowdy section behind her, who only were extra-rowdy because Whoopi expects it.  It sued to be "welcome to the view, y'all, welcome to the view!"

Then, it seemed as though something happened - maybe audience members were requesting to sit there?  Or complaining that the one section was being seen as "special?"   Whoopi made a quick comment, and then started with the "welcome to the view"  while pointing to each section of the audience.  it seemd like it was 4, 5 6 times, and then it was 10 or 12.   It makes no sense.   How about saying it once to the studio audience, and once to the tv audience?  

• Love 5