Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/8/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: "The Political View" with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.); "View Your Deal" with hot items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:  Condoleezza Rice, author of "Democracy: Stories from the Long Road to Freedom," talks about politics in "The Political View"; model Ashley Graham discusses her book "A New Model: What Confidence, Beauty and Power Really Look Like."

Wednesday:  Actress Mayim Bialik talks about her book "Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular" and "The Big Bang Theory."

Thursday: Singer Patti LaBelle performs and talks about her album "Bel Hommage"; NFL quarterback Drew Brees appears.

Friday: "Day of Hot Topics" is presented. 

Better line up this week. I love Kirsten Gillibrand and Patti LaBelle is a national treasure. I am interested to hear what Condoleeza Rice has to say and while Ashley Graham and Mayim Bialik aren't favorites, I won't change the channel either. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not sure what a quarterback can add to The View, but, the rest of the guests sound better than usual.  

Drew Brees is not JUST a quarterback!!!  He's a man among men, a treasure!!!

• Love 5

The shit that comes out of Jed's mouth while she says it with a straight face.  Going on about that new healthcare bill covering pre-existing conditions while totally ignoring the wavers states can file. I was peeved nobody else brought up the waver clause during their back and forth.

• Love 11

The more Jed tries justifying Trumpcare, the deeper hole she digs herself into.  Before she makes another disgusting pro-Trumpcare comment, she must  be forced to sit down & read that entire bill starting with the horrifying list of new Pre-Existing conditions giving insurance companies the right to deny insurance to more Americans, than ever before, because of their Un-Insurable conditions, everything from acne, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy, c- sections, heart disease, deafness, respiratory diseases, cancer, brain tumors, domestic violence & rape & so many others. How dare she defend this bill which denies insurance coverage to parents of new born infants, born with congenital deformities/malformations. This bill also will eliminate Medicaid payments to public schools, which have been providing special needs students services ranging from wheelchairs, walkers, eyeglasses, feeding tubes, adaptive learning equipment and much needed treatments with physical, occupational, & speech therapists ; this bill permanently slashes  Medicaid payments to nursing homes caring for ill, elderly patients who lacking other financial resources & without family members to help them financially, will be evicted; allows insurance companies to triple insurance premiums to working Americans aged 50-64 & astronomically raise senior citizens Medicare Advantage premiums, forcing our country's elderly to choose between paying their rent, buying groceries, visiting their doctors, or purchasing their prescription medications.   Before Jed goes on her next rant defending such an awful bill.........she needs to first get her facts straight.

• Love 23

Regarding Sunny and her "cookie" comment: In the words of Rachael Green, "If you keep calling it that, no one is going to want it".

WTF? How does this woman function in the modern world? Also, when you are a woman's show and citing a fucking sentient mustache's advice on dating, you just lost what tiny little smidgen of credibility that you had.

• Love 3

Jediblahblah needs to shut the hell up about Hillary.  I am a hard core Hillary supporter and initially thought she should stop talking about Comey and Russia, because I knew people would excoriate her for it.  So I thought she should let her supporters make that argument.  But guess what?  It fucking happened and she was ASKED about it so she answered - truthfully.  And she also took responsibility for her part of the loss.  So, because it can't be said enough, shut the hell up Jediblahblah!!!!  Don't even get me started on her defense of Trump/Ryan "healthcare" . . .

• Love 24
2 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

The more Jed tries justifying Trumpcare, the deeper hole she digs herself into.  Before she makes another disgusting pro-Trumpcare comment, she must  be forced to sit down & read that entire bill starting with the horrifying list of new Pre-Existing conditions giving insurance companies the right to deny insurance to more Americans, than ever before, because of their Un-Insurable conditions, everything from acne, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy, c- sections, heart disease, deafness, respiratory diseases, cancer, brain tumors, domestic violence & rape & so many others. How dare she defend this bill which denies insurance coverage to parents of new born infants, born with congenital deformities/malformations. This bill also will eliminate Medicaid payments to public schools, which have been providing special needs students services ranging from wheelchairs, walkers, eyeglasses, feeding tubes, adaptive learning equipment and much needed treatments with physical, occupational, & speech therapists ; this bill permanently slashes  Medicaid payments to nursing homes caring for ill, elderly patients who lacking other financial resources & without family members to help them financially, will be evicted; allows insurance companies to triple insurance premiums to working Americans aged 50-64 & astronomically raise senior citizens Medicare Advantage premiums, forcing our country's elderly to choose between paying their rent, buying groceries, visiting their doctors, or purchasing their prescription medications.   Before Jed goes on her next rant defending such an awful bill.........she needs to first get her facts straight.

As a Canadian, I am not completely clear on what was in either Trump bill, so watching today was confusing, but thank you  @honeydo7 for laying this out.  The part that I think they should have really jumped on was Jed's fallback, which is we cannot pay for health care, there is no pot of gold.  No, but there is all the money it is costing to support Trump, his families, and their properties for his frequent travel.  Also, there is the  money he wants to spend on the wall. 

Jed even said she didn't like this bill, but then she defended it.  She does that with most things Trump.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

The shit that comes out of Jed's mouth while she says it with a straight face.  Going on about that new healthcare bill covering pre-existing conditions while totally ignoring the wavers states can file. I was peeved nobody else brought up the waver clause during their back and forth.

She must really think we're stupid.  Or else she is.  Does she really think they weren't celebrating just kicking 24 million people off of medical benefits?

Did they say a single thing about the French election?  I missed the first few minutes.

• Love 5

I know why Jed likes the health non-care bill.   It abrogates federal responsibility so the fed govt can hold up their hands and say, "Hey, not our problem.  Talk to your state legislature."  Isn't that the Libertarian dream?  Passing the buck downward?

• Love 10

Sheesh, the producers need to step in and be grown-ups here. Today there were 12 bellows of "Welcome to The View, y'all" to start the show. The cross-talk was out of control. I am sure that someone is telling Jedidiah to be the gadfly, because she can't possibly believe all the crap she's spewing (and spewing and spewing and spewing without stopping to take a breath). Watching today was exhausting.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Sheesh, the producers need to step in and be grown-ups here. Today there were 12 bellows of "Welcome to The View, y'all" to start the show.

This!  I was beginning to wonder if there was even going to be a show today or if she was going to just keep bellowing.

• Love 9

Whoopi does so many things that annoy me:

- the welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view 

- the walking onstage to steal some of the stuff they're hawking.

- the constant eating 

- the "take a little time to enjoy the view YOU COME UPON"

- the valley girl voice

Etc.

Really, don't the producers see it. Is everyone so scared of the EGOT superstar? 

• Love 15

The above things about Whoopi annoy me as well. But, it's more of an ugggh... She really pisses me off with her attitude that she gets the last words, and that is the law. When it her turn to talk it's always like, "Well, here's what the real deal is" Or, "Here's what's really going on"  Her joining The View made me not a fan anymore. But, I still love a lot of her movies. You can't doubt her talent, and worldwide influence. But, on this show, she's a complete asshole. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Celia, I wish I could like your post 1,000 times. How many times are Republicans and some Democrats going to flog Hillary Clinton? Leave her alone. She's suffered enough. Jed was despicable today with Senator Gillibrand and also with her defense of the Republican health care monstrosity.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 22
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kenz said:

Celia, I wish I could like your post 1,000 times. How many times are Republicans and some Democrats going to flog Hillary Clinton? Leave her alone. She's suffered enough. Jed was despicable today with Senator Gillibrand and also with her defense of the Republican health care monstrosity.

She is all for that horrific health plan because it does not affect her at all.  I am sure that she has a great insurance courtesy of her job at ABC. It is the rest of us in the real world who has to worry about how this will affect us and our loved ones.  As soon as, she started to praise the plan, I changed the channel.  It was too much for me on a Monday morning. 

Jed's hatred of Hillary is very chilling and the Senator handled her with poise and grace.  I don't know if I would have been able to contain myself and not scream fuck off at her. Jed was like a dog with a bone with her incessant questions. I don't know what these people want more  from Hillary. I don't think that death  would be enough for them to leave her alone..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20

I wasn't sure what Jed was saying - her outfit was too distracting.

I like this current panel for the most part.  I can put up with Whoopie & Jed.  I think of some of the past panelists & am very grateful for this bunch. 

• Love 5
(edited)

So glad I decided not to watch yesterday. I wasn't in the mood to listen to Jed blather on and on, and it sounds like yesterday was worse than usual.  I'm starting to hate her more than I hated Elisabeth, and since my hate for Elisabeth made me stop watching The View, my hate for Jed is likely to do the same.  She is just so awful, and worse one day she is hating on Trump and the next praising him.  Her flip flopping makes my head explode!

FWIW, I'm not watching today either, but will likely tune in tomorrrow to see Mayim Bialik. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 5

Condoleezza Rice was alright. Her comments on Putin/Russian interference were bullshit and she gave the usual Republican spiel that Trump is just a funny joke instead of a real danger.

Jedi trying and trying to defend this healthcare bill just exposes how repulsive she is. I'm glad Sunny came at her about how Trump apparently has the money for tax cuts on the rich--maybe he could get rid of those to help cover pre-existing conditions? Or all the other ways he's pouring money down the drain, but helping the sick, elderly, and poor is where he draws the line.

• Love 15

Whoopi's nonsense about getting unused insurance money back clearly shows she doesn't get that the healthy are paying for the sick (which in theory should reduce premiums).  This puts her in the camp (not surprisingly) of those who care only about their own needs, to hell with everyone else.

• Love 19

Whoopi's nonsense about getting unused insurance money back clearly shows she doesn't get that the healthy are paying for the sick (which in theory should reduce premiums).  This puts her in the camp (not surprisingly) of those who care only about their own needs, to hell with everyone else.

I know. She sounds so dumb when she says stuff like this. Also the phone bill taxes.

• Love 12
Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

I know. She sounds so dumb when she says stuff like this. Also the phone bill taxes.

Whoopie is uninformed about a lot of things, this is the same woman who once spouted that  it was not rape rape.

• Love 12
(edited)

Whoopi will always be out for herself.  She might consider herself one of "us" but make no mistake she is part of the 1%.  If something benefits her she is all for it. She might not publicly say it but I'm sure she will be thrilled with that tax break Trump wants to give her.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoopi does so many things that annoy me:

- the welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view welcome to the view 

- the walking onstage to steal some of the stuff they're hawking.

- the constant eating 

- the "take a little time to enjoy the view YOU COME UPON"

- the valley girl voice

Etc.

Really, don't the producers see it. Is everyone so scared of the EGOT superstar? 

@Blissfool, I would like to add to this excellent list:

• her constantly in some way or other dissing Sunny; today she took credit for Sunny saying she can only be responsible for her own actions, as if Whoopi taught her this--isn't Sunny in her forties?
  • looking at the audience and rolling her eyes.
  • messing up whilst reading the teleprompter but then implying it's the producer's fault.
  • saying "I'm sorry, but" as her intro to disagreeing with someone or to shutting them down.  She's not sorry.
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Someone really ought to sit Whoopi down and explain how insurance works. She's said this before, and people clap in the audience like it's a good idea. I suppose if her house doesn't burn down this year, she thinks it would be good to get her homeowner's premium back as a bonus. She's really doing a disservice by repeating this kind of dumb reasoning.

• Love 16
On 5/8/2017 at 11:14 AM, bannana said:

Jed even said she didn't like this bill, but then she defended it.  She does that with most things Trump.

Maybe when Omarosa gets married to the Cadillac preacher she won't have time for Trump.  Jedidiah...please wait in the wings.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

She's really doing a disservice by repeating this kind of dumb reasoning.

You're being too kind in describing this as dumb reasoning. I'd call it downright IGNORANCE. And not in the 'ignorance is bliss' context, either. How or why Joy or Sunny didn't explain to her how insurance works, is beyond me. Maybe she thinks because I haven't been in a car accident in the past 25 years, my car insurance should refund all the premiums I've paid?

• Love 13

Joy really looks good in blue.   The past two days she really look radiant and like she lost a little weight. 

Wanda always makes me laugh.  So needed some humor right now. 

• Love 4

So now Whoopi is a gamer?

Also it's rare these days she introduces any topic without either laughing cause she feels it's below her, or using her Valley Girl voice because she feels it's below her.

• Love 4

I think Mayim Bialik was a little stunned  by all the political questions.  I know I was.  She even said something about "what happened to 'what's it like to work with Jim Parsons?'"

• Love 5

This topic has had several posts removed for off-topic, political tangents.  Please remember to limit your commentary to the show and do not use the show as a springboard to launch into your political opinions.  Further off-topic political posts will result in warnings.

As a reminder, please see the mod note here.

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie's "welcome to The View" horse shit is totally out of control. Stop it!!!!

THAT...and Jedidiah's LOOK-AT-ME-ME-ME prancing when she walks onstage has forced me to delay taping of "The View."  Sadly, I'll miss the first two exciting minutes.

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sunny didn't explain to her how insurance works, is beyond me.

Here's the deal: she will NOT listen--She Knows All.

• Love 7

Did Mayim say something wrong or did the sound just go out on my TV?

I would have liked to hear more about her book.   Although Mayium handled it well that interview was uncomfortable.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What the hell was Jedidiah wearing today?  Red and orange diagonal strips and blue and yellow straight stripes?  Garish, if you ask me.

I wanted to comment on Jedidiah's hilarious costume when she walked out today* but then I saw Sunny's.  My decision?  No comment.

*Today was the last day I'll actually see them walk out or hear the incessant "Welcome to the View."  I set my DVR for TWO MINUTES LATE!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

*Today was the last day I'll actually see them walk out or hear the incessant "Welcome to the View."  I set my DVR for TWO MINUTES LATE!

Genius!

• Love 5