Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: To Liver And Die In Charleston

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The winner of this episode for me was Michael, when he picked up the dog and carried him over his shoulder like a baby and baby-talked to him, "They don't want you here." Cuteness.

Patricia, I'm not sure her age, but she doesn't seem very healthy. She is always sitting down and she doesn't seem to be active at all. She is always hiding her body under a drape and though her mind is sharp, I wonder if she is well or not, physically. She clearly inherited a lot of really nice things. But when she spends money it's on this cheap inflatable crap. She likes to drink a lot, which at her age, is really bad for the mind and body. 

Patricia is 76---obviously she's had some good nips/tucks done, but I think she still looks great! She hides her figure a lot with the caftans but when she does dress in jeans or a cute suit or skirt on her Instagram, she looks very fit. In her book she says she makes a point to stay active by walking, but I'm sure it helps that she's taller and holds her weight better at 5'9. She also had a serious horse riding accident as a child and broke her hip, so she likely gets naturally achey and has to sit for spells. Also, she claims she only has her one martini daily, two drinks if she's entertaining---she refers to a rule that if a lady can't walk down the stairs in heels, she's drunk, and true ladies don't get drunk!

2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I think Shep should settle down with Landon, soon. They both want a family (2 kids for Shep and Landon being 35 or 36 now then that will be the perfect number for her), they clearly are friends and were attracted to each other at one time.

Didn't Shep admit last season that he didn't like Landon's bitchy side? Then he did a wine spit-take and practically fled in horror when she squawked at him "Maybe *I* love you!" And then this season he totally called her out on her "no millionaires, only billionaires" quote she supposedly made to his investor buddies. I think as much as he likes her on a superficial level and would enjoy a drunken romp with her, he is sooooo not into her like that---she's totally in his permanent Friend Zone.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, when people make a comment, it just strikes me a certain way and sticks.  When someone asked Criag why he wanted to buy a house, he said, "Because, I can."  It's odd, but, him saying that, made me think that he really can't.  It's an odd comment to me. Was he trying to say that he had money ready to invest, good credit, available cash, etc.  ?  Whenever someone has to remind me how rich they are......from my experience, they aren't.  

I found an article on the net worth of the cast.  I'll put link on the Southern Charm in The Media thread.  I was shocked.

The "Because I can" comment wasn't in response to the question of why he wanted to buy a house, it was in response to Cameron asking him why he wanted to buy one right away. I don't think it had anything to do with him trying to brag about being rich; he's the poorest of all of them. I think he's just developed a plan of what he wants to do, and a timeline for doing it, and he doesn't want to deviate from that.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, LIMOM said:

The pecker does the picking, ime.(tm Millionaire Matchmaker)

hanging at the country club can be learned.

Was It on that show that a man was in love with the beer cart girl and regretted letting her go?

Patty Stanger needs to be bitch-slapped every hour, on the hour, 24/7.  The pecker doing the picking has led to more divorces than any other marriage philosophy except, perhaps, for every other philosophy about marriage that the terminally single Patty Stanger espouses.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Patty Stanger needs to be bitch-slapped every hour, on the hour, 24/7.  The pecker doing the picking has led to more divorces than any other marriage philosophy except, perhaps, for every other philosophy about marriage that the terminally single Patty Stanger espouses.

It always confused me that Patti Stanger, a self professed [millionaire] matchmaker, can find so many clients "love" and yet is still single herself. Matchmaker my ass.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, fliptopbox said:

It always confused me that Patti Stanger, a self professed [millionaire] matchmaker, can find so many clients "love" and yet is still single herself. Matchmaker my ass.

I'd love to see some honest statistics about how many matches she actually makes and, of those, how many are still together after 5 years.  The fact that she thinks the basis of a long-lasting relationship is a lot of greedy women dressing up like whores to try to be chosen by some marginally wealthy guy's dick suggests that those stats wouldn't be so impressive.

• Love 6

Now I can see why MM is no more....

In any case, I agree with Patti that at first men/women  choose with their  eyes(hum).

However Her insistence,  that the women change in order to get a man was stupid and cray.

No redheads!

No curls! And so on....

Patricia is cool and seems to be enjoying her late fame.

On the radio, she mentioned that she sent a Halston caftan to the radio host by accident.

besides Whitney's documentary, does the family have a some history with Halston?

3 hours ago, Mojoker said:

I'd love to see some honest statistics about how many matches she actually makes and, of those, how many are still together after 5 years.  The fact that she thinks the basis of a long-lasting relationship is a lot of greedy women dressing up like whores to try to be chosen by some marginally wealthy guy's dick suggests that those stats wouldn't be so impressive.

This is what the men that she marketed to, wanted, imo.

19 hours ago, robroy said:

Not to be ugly but the Ravenel family name isn't all that. He has a drug conviction and many are convinced is dad is an out and out racist.

I actually think Craig is in good shape. I think he is naturally thin and whatever ounce or two of muscle he has probably took effort. TRav looks to be in good shape in person and his main flaw is the start of a gut- but the man is mid fifties. Shep is the one who really seems to be bloating- give up some of the alcohol and whatever recreational substances he enjoys and I think he would look better. Heck- 4 days off booze and his face already looked different.  Lets hope he doesn't start the injectable like Whitney (& I suspect Thomas.)

FWIW- despite their playing the 'no-work' and 'man of leisure' routines Shep and TRav do have business interests they tend. So Craig not really working is a little bitt odd. I have a good friend at the law school and supposedly Craig has come by to visit professors on occasion. He basically treats the show as his living and paid off his student loans- which the friend says are typically 100-150k for the students. But when this gig ends he is going to need a steady source of employment.

And yeah- Noami does seem thirsty in terms of association with an in crowd. Wondering if everyone except them was at Pat's was a pretty big tell. To his credit Craig had no flips to give.

For his age (28), Craig is doing ok, imo, paying his student loans is phenomenal.

As far as Ravenel, I wish he would stop coloring his hair, stop dressing like it is 1985. He looks dated and to make it worst he acts like it is 1957 at best. 

ARe Charlestonian men really behind the times or only this group of men?

The new dude does not bring much so far.

Also, I am not looking forward to next week episode. Those hunting scenes are stomach turning. I hope PETA gets on BRAVO's ass.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Patricia is 76---obviously she's had some good nips/tucks done, but I think she still looks great! She hides her figure a lot with the caftans but when she does dress in jeans or a cute suit or skirt on her Instagram, she looks very fit. In her book she says she makes a point to stay active by walking, but I'm sure it helps that she's taller and holds her weight better at 5'9. She also had a serious horse riding accident as a child and broke her hip, so she likely gets naturally achey and has to sit for spells. Also, she claims she only has her one martini daily, two drinks if she's entertaining---she refers to a rule that if a lady can't walk down the stairs in heels, she's drunk, and true ladies don't get drunk!

Didn't Shep admit last season that he didn't like Landon's bitchy side? Then he did a wine spit-take and practically fled in horror when she squawked at him "Maybe *I* love you!" And then this season he totally called her out on her "no millionaires, only billionaires" quote she supposedly made to his investor buddies. I think as much as he likes her on a superficial level and would enjoy a drunken romp with her, he is sooooo not into her like that---she's totally in his permanent Friend Zone.

FLOVE PATRICIA!

How in the heck would Shep ( a very clever fellow) and Landon (the Village Idiot) ever work out? Just, no.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

However, when she needs something, it comes from her monthly allowance, so she heads to $ stores. Reminds me exactly of Patrica. Living on a pretty large, but fixed, income. Same with Shep and Thomas. If they were independently wealthy and/or worked for real, I think they would be different people. 

TRav is independently wealthy. He banked on the family name to a degree but he has had successful real estate/development/construction projects for decades now. When I dealt with his firm 15 years ago they were developing strip malls with long term tenants- typically Piggly Wigglys, a retail anchor or the like. So he had the $ form tenant A to justify financing the job and the outparcels or smaller tenants for additional profit. Even the main store goes away after a decade he would hae paid off original construction and had a piece of land/building to redevelop or sell. And when I said family name I mean his dad being a developer and brother having the first RE firm that really started pushing prices through the roof not the centuries old Ravenel name which is diluted 10 ways til Sunday. So Thomas definitely has more cash flow than inherited $ since his dad also made his own money and I doubt that has been disbursed.

Shep probably did decently but has been pretty smart with his money and opportunities form this show. He timed building and selling that house in a formerly sketchy area of town just right. And that bar is also in the right spot to profit as that area gentrifies.

Pat married and divorced well. She bought that house only a few years ago so she has to have some serious cash at her disposal. And upkeep on that monster has to be brutal. The way TRav acted at her mini dinner party it was as if he was glad to be worthy of her entertainment. But given the general level of respect he does (not) command I think that might have been genuine.

• Love 5

impo, Rav is insecure for some reason.

Which is why he needs affirmation from family and so forth.

I would bet that he did not come to term with his incarceration and his fall from grace(both familial and social)

IN addition like many addicts he feels shame. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mojoker said:

The "Because I can" comment wasn't in response to the question of why he wanted to buy a house, it was in response to Cameron asking him why he wanted to buy one right away. I don't think it had anything to do with him trying to brag about being rich; he's the poorest of all of them. I think he's just developed a plan of what he wants to do, and a timeline for doing it, and he doesn't want to deviate from that.

Maybe so, but, Craig isn't really a "plan" kind of person.  He seems way too laid back to get upset about not being on a schedule.  It seems contrived to me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

How in the heck would Shep ( a very clever fellow) and Landon (the Village Idiot) ever work out? Just, no.

I'm remembering that they were friends from college or something (did not meet on the show). He was interested in her when she came back to Charleston and she said no. Then when she was interested in him, he said no. He criticized her over the Yotme app guys, but I think he did that because he cares for her and wanted her to stop being an idiot. I think there is a connection there, in spite of his love for books. It's the kind of long term relationship/friendship that one day they MIGHT wake up and say let's try and make this work. Shep is a hound dog so I don't understand how all of a sudden he is too good for Landon?

Edited by TheFinalRose
I don't always read what I write before hitting submit. My bad.
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Shep is a hound dog so I don't understand how all of a sudden is he too good for Landon?

Yeah I don't get this either. He may be well-read and have business smarts, etc., but so far Shep has shown ZERO depth in his relationships (if you can even call it that) with women. He cannot handle anything in a relationship except the sex part - no staying over, no lunch, no conversations, no companionship, etc. He may be a wordsmith but that doesn't mean there are only a few women that can be a good match for him. I don't even think he's a good match for most sensible women.

Though I don't think he and Landon would make good romantic partners. I just don't see any sizzle or chemistry there, and not because Landon is apparently too dumb for Shep. Shep has more chemistry with Cameran and friendship is all that will ever be in that relationship. And it's not like Cameran is some vocab wiz either.

17 hours ago, RedHawk said:

The problem is that Shep needs a wife with a brain...

Seriously, Shep is an intelligent man, and he needs a woman who can have actual discussions with him and engage that intellect. He might enjoy Landon in many ways, and they could even connect emotionally and be intimate, but I don't see her as well educated, well read, or intellectually curious enough for him.

I think this is giving way too much credit on what Shep might bring in a relationship, and therefore what he might look for. Sure, he's intelligent and all that. But even if he does end up with an Amal Clooney type, it's not like they will spend the rest of their lives and waking hours discussing the merits of Aristotle's philosophies or the advancements in astrophysics. Eventually, his relationship with whoever will settle down into the routine, basic issues of life - Honey, did you pay the bills yet? Why didn't the bars reach their projections last month? Did you make our son lunch? What do you want me to cook for breakfast? Where do you want to go away for the weekend? Where should the kids go to school, etc.

Besides, he may be that intelligent, but it's possible that he has no basic life skills, and whoever he ends up with may not put up with that. I've seen many an intelligent, accomplished men fail at the basic things. And while they enjoy maybe reading books, etc., it doesn't mean that most of them want to talk about what they've read all the time. Sometimes, reading books is their "me" time, and they don't want to be interested in discussing too much of those with someone else. 

And most relationships fail not because one partner cannot cope with the other's intellect, but because one or the other or both fail at the mundane things - he's gotten lazy and fat and unattractive, she doesn't want to be intimate with me anymore, he wants to hang out with his friends more, I'm the only one taking care of the kids, etc. It's not really, "she hasn't kept up with the latest work of Pulitzer Prize winner Adam Johnson."

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe so, but, Craig isn't really a "plan" kind of person.  He seems way too laid back to get upset about not being on a schedule.  It seems contrived to me. 

As I think about it, I think the "Because I can" comment was also a bit of a rebuke of Cameron even questioning his desire to buy something right away. It really isn't her place to question his plans. If she was showing the house to anyone else, would she be sayinng, "Do you really want to do this?  Why jump into things? It's a lot of responsibility, you know. Do you think you're up to it?"  So I can see Craig being a bit annoyed by her question and snapping back. Too many people on this show act like they're Craig's guardian. Most of them have a few too many glass walls in their own houses to be throwing stones at Craig's.

• Love 3

Shep wants a woman smart enough to get and laugh at his jokes, but not charming or witty enough to upstage him. He just needs a wife with a decent liberal arts education either from prep school or college.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Craig---All I can say is STABILIZER on the back of your embroidery fabric and it won't pull like that! (Sorry guys I've taught sewing for 30 years and this made me nuts)

HA! You should tweet that info to him.

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just figured Craig needed to invest before the end of the year for tax purposes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I just figured Craig needed to invest before the end of the year for tax purposes.

They filmed in summer so he had until the end of December. I would be shocked if he had incorporated himself and needed to deal with anything other than personal filing. I think he may be slightly ADD and simply want things done when he finally gets to them. I am a bit like that myself. Supposedly being hyper focused for short spurts is actually a pretty common trait of ADD people.

I thin Cameron questioning him was legitimate. She would collect her fee whether he made a good or poor decision but trying to buy in a hurry in a hot market is rather odd. I know someone from work about 3 pay grades above me who moved from Boston and he was getting boxed out of the areas he was looking last fall. And his purchase price was at least 3 times Craig's judging from the neighborhoods he viewed. It should also be noted he needed to negotiate, have the joint inspected, get insurance (not always easy in hurricane season), and have his financing underwritten. Its not as easy as it once was. And the area is Hurricane, flood and earthquake bait so you can run into problems coming and going. I think the strength of the market and some of our more unique impediments was the reason for Cameron's questioning. 

• Love 1

The mention above of hurricane season reminds me that a hurricane did pass over Charleston in early October last year. Wonder if they were filming at the time or had wrapped. During the storm Cooper Ray was interviewed on CNN or The Weather Channel in a fetching raincoat and hat. He lives in the Battery area lije Thomas and Pat and was out in the high water on his street checking on his little old lady neighbors. 

I'm a bit like Craig in that when I make a decision I want to move on it. Perhaps he felt it best to wrap up a house purchase before he needed to settle down and study for the bar. Also, he may not have wanted several thousand dollars just sitting in his bank account for months while real estate prices marched steadily upward. I have friends who live in Charleston and it's freaking them out how quickly prices are going up, although a couple of them are getting ready to sell investment properties now and are happy with the profit they'll make.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, robroy said:

They filmed in summer so he had until the end of December. I would be shocked if he had incorporated himself and needed to deal with anything other than personal filing. I think he may be slightly ADD and simply want things done when he finally gets to them. I am a bit like that myself. Supposedly being hyper focused for short spurts is actually a pretty common trait of ADD people.

I thin Cameron questioning him was legitimate. She would collect her fee whether he made a good or poor decision but trying to buy in a hurry in a hot market is rather odd. I know someone from work about 3 pay grades above me who moved from Boston and he was getting boxed out of the areas he was looking last fall. And his purchase price was at least 3 times Craig's judging from the neighborhoods he viewed. It should also be noted he needed to negotiate, have the joint inspected, get insurance (not always easy in hurricane season), and have his financing underwritten. Its not as easy as it once was. And the area is Hurricane, flood and earthquake bait so you can run into problems coming and going. I think the strength of the market and some of our more unique impediments was the reason for Cameron's questioning. 

I think  they are well into the fall as Jennifer's baby was not even born until September.  Shep's birthday is the end of September.  Thomas mentioned he was late putting up his Christmas tree  (December 19th) as production requires season neutral scenes.  The next episode (the hunting adventure) was filmed around October 31, 2016.   I have no clue how long it takes to open and close an escrow in South Carolina. To me, it sounds as if Craig was almost prudent in setting a deadline to purchase if he was in fact trying to buy by the end of the year for tax advantages. 

I run hot and cold with Cameran, I really don't think it is any of her business to ask Shep about his sex romps with Kathryn.  http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-4/blogs/southern-charm-after-show-shep-and-cameran-on-yoga-being-late-and  She comes off as a bit intrusive at times.  Personally, I don't think it is any of her business why Craig wants to buy and when.  I also didn't like her poo-pooing the small commission.  Or discussing his purchase with Naomie, they are not married. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I didn't realize their filming window was so long. I thought they started in mid September and wrapped up about six weeks later.

Cameron and her voodoo doll and Shep's reaction to the male (anatomically correct!) voodoo doll are just hilarious. I've watch the scene about three times now and it cracks me up every time.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

The mention above of hurricane season reminds me that a hurricane did pass over Charleston in early October last year. Wonder if they were filming at the time or had wrapped. During the storm Cooper Ray was interviewed on CNN or The Weather Channel in a fetching raincoat and hat. He lives in the Battery area lije Thomas and Pat and was out in the high water on his street checking on his little old lady neighbors. 

Hurricane Matthew was in October. I'm in Eastern NC, and it caused terrible flooding in my area. Fortunately, we were OK. I read Hilton Head was really affected, and I saw the effects in Myrtle Beach(a theater was damaged). Charleston must've gotten temporary floodwaters at least. 

I don't post much, but I enjoy reading the comments here. We went to Charleston over twenty years ago, and it is really a lovely area. It's funny what money can do to people. I have a family member who inherited a lot of money, but they definitely don't live the socialite lifestyle. They definitely don't flaunt their money. Hunting is their biggest pastime. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

She's the Village Idiot.

Perhaps, however it is not like she is the only one here.

9 hours ago, RedHawk said:

So at Jen Snowden's sip and see, was the man who took the case of wine from Cameran Jen's partner, and father of baby Ascher, Lee?

Here is the lucky baby daddy

IMG_0176.PNG

• Love 1
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I also didn't like her poo-pooing the small commission. 

Cameran's attitude seemed absurd.  Craig didn't waste too much of her time looking for houses and he bought one.  Yeah, he was late to that one appointment, but I've a realtor friend who just last week got chucked by a client right on the day they were about to go in contract on a place because his hipster fake Buddhism kicked in and he decided he didn't want to have that many keys in his life.  THAT is time wasting to complain about.  Plus, Craig has expressed a desire to get a rental property portfolio going, which is really his speed because he can even hire a management company for the properties and not have to do much work.  Cameran will have the chance for many more commissions down the line.  She's got to know this; I think she just likes being catty to distract from the big lack of anything going on with her.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think  they are well into the fall as Jennifer's baby was not even born until September.  Shep's birthday is the end of September.  Thomas mentioned he was late putting up his Christmas tree  (December 19th) as production requires season neutral scenes.  The next episode (the hunting adventure) was filmed around October 31, 2016.  

It looks like the finale was shot one week before Christmas, at the old Gentry restaurant - based off the cast IGs. So they filmed for 4 months - Sept-Dec. That's longer than I thought this show films

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, LIMOM said:

He would be better of with Kathryn, imo.

That's a little like saying he'd be better off getting stabbed by a bayonet rather than shot by an Uzi.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

It looks like the finale was shot one week before Christmas, at the old Gentry restaurant - based off the cast IGs. So they filmed for 4 months - Sept-Dec. That's longer than I thought this show films

Maybe it took 4 months to get enough interesting footage...

Even though I say that I'm enjoying the season so far, especially after seeing Pat's dinner party.

• Love 4

God I wish Naomi would dump Craig. He is just dragging her down. You could really see the contempt he has for her. He believes deep in his soul that she's the lucky one. It's not an equal relationship. I wish people would sit her down and show her who he really is. She could do so much better.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

God I wish Naomi would dump Craig. He is just dragging her down. You could really see the contempt he has for her. He believes deep in his soul that she's the lucky one. It's not an equal relationship. I wish people would sit her down and show her who he really is. She could do so much better.

Not to be argumentative but perhaps Naomie is a wee bit difficult.  She seems to enjoy her time with Craig travelling and having him service her charities.  Having said that Naomie is in Paris and no sign of Craig. 

So it may very well be they split the sheets.  I doubt Naomie without Craig would return to the show.  Naomie seems to want to hang with Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules.  She is young maybe making a commitment at 24 years old was too young.

• Love 3

OMG, anyone who would "hang" with Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules is too stupid for words. I've only watched two of those shows and was so disgusted and brain dead, I've never watched another one. I know a lot of young people now and NONE of them act like those childish morons on Vanderpump Rules. I cannot imagine how the parents of those people feel watching their children behave like that on television for millions of people to see. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I agree. The way he has spoken to her is despicable and I want to slap the fucking piss out of him for that. And all because she didn't want to wait for his primping ass? It's not like he couldn't get to the party on his own. He's a jackass and rude as fuck.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Not to be argumentative but perhaps Naomie is a wee bit difficult.  She seems to enjoy her time with Craig travelling and having him service her charities.  Having said that Naomie is in Paris and no sign of Craig. 

So it may very well be they split the sheets.  I doubt Naomie without Craig would return to the show.  Naomie seems to want to hang with Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules.  She is young maybe making a commitment at 24 years old was too young.

And Craig isn't? 

One might find with another man Naomi might not seem so difficult. She is dealing with a little boy who wants to be on a permanent high school summer vacation and wants more than he is willing to work for.

If I had to deal with someone like that whom I loved I might seem bit difficult also on occasion. I'm lucky Mr.G  is a far cry from Craig.

I snorted when he whined about privacy, he seems to like the easy Bravo paychecks.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Mmmmm the martini glasses we've seen her drink from are pretty big. Her one drink may equal two standard size martinis or more.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Has anyone seen/bought Patricia's new book on southern hospitality?

No, still haven't seen it in the bookstore nor in the library.

I've checked out Vanderpump's book some the recipes I've tried are good. I've been told my Shepard's Pie is better.

I wish RHoNJ Kathy Wakile and Asa Soltan Rahmidi from Shahs would have put out different books than they did. Their food always looked good. 

The best recipe I've tried from a Bravo show was RHoOC Shannon Beador's goat cheese potatoes and roasted beef. She had it on her blog for a while then took it down.

• Love 2

These celebrity cookbooks must have recipes vetted by real chefs?

Or they just borrow recipes from elsewhere, make modifications, give it names that fit the theme of the show.

Bet these reality stars, if they have any money, are dining out a lot, not actually cooking.

• Love 1

Craig stands in the house he lives in, owned by Naomi's parents, planning on having dinner on the deck on the water, owned by Naomi's parents, talking about how lucky Naomi should feel to have him.  Yeah, Craigie.  She'd be nothing without you.

• Love 6