Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: To Liver And Die In Charleston

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Gam2 said:

OMG, anyone who would "hang" with Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules is too stupid for words. I've only watched two of those shows and was so disgusted and brain dead, I've never watched another one. I know a lot of young people now and NONE of them act like those childish morons on Vanderpump Rules. I cannot imagine how the parents of those people feel watching their children behave like that on television for millions of people to see. 

She probably thinks it will help her in her quest to be a reality star.  I am not sure how I feel about Naomi yet.  

I work around this age group and a bit younger managing a venue with concerts/parties etc.  You would be shocked how these 'lil angels' act without their parents or other adults around.  So while I think the VP Rules kids may be a bit more over the top (their job depends on it), it isn't too far off base from what I see almost daily.  If these kids are in the Greek system?  Even worse.  So entitled, rude, dismissive, and many other adjectives.  There is a reason they have been banned from anywhere they have had parties in town.  For example, they had a party at an art museum and their insurance had to cover over 10K worth of damage.  Another house had their date party at a club in town and a girl dropped trou on the dance floor and peed.  One special little snowflake sorority gal wanted to be our marketing intern.  Was convinced the job was hers before the interview.  We looked at her social media and told her the interview was canceled after seeing how she was speaking negatively about our bookstore, you know, the place she was going to have to help market.  Few weeks later I see her at an event and when my staff asked her to please move off the stairs so others could pass we were told to fuck off.   These are just small samples.  The kids I have the best luck with and are never disrespectful are the 1st generation college students or international students.  This is why I cannot watch VP Rules (like you I have watched once).  I spend way too much time around this age group and don't need to watch it on tv.  

• Love 4

And this is why I worry so much about the future of the world my grandchildren are going to have to grow up in, although they are nothing like these snowflakes!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

And this is why I worry so much about the future of the world my grandchildren are going to have to grow up in, although they are nothing like these snowflakes!

Luckily there will be SOME normal kids growing up to be normal adults!  I go home every night either laughing or shaking my head.  Between the vomit, pants wetting/pooping (or peeing on other patrons like the poor girl at the ATrak concert had to deal with, EW!), passing out, people getting in my face or putting hands on me, punching out concert coordinators, it sure is crazy.  Or the groups that stick a camera phone in your face to record all conversations it FEELS like things are getting worse.  My husband works at another concert venue and a few weeks ago during a show that was primarily millennials someone dropped their pants and had a bowel movement on the floor and then just kept on partying.  OY!

Luckily we haven't seen much of this on tv YET!  If I wasn't a witness to this jazz I wouldn't believe it.  Their parents must be so proud.  Frankly I COULD picture some of these characters on either VP Rules or SC acting this way.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I have to believe that most of this behavior is drug or alcohol fueled. At least I hope so because otherwise-WE'RE IN A WORLD OF HURT!

Yes it is.  I am crossing my fingers they grow out of it.  

7 hours ago, Christi said:

I never noticed that Pat was missing her upper lip...surprised she used that pic?

As she is a proponent of natural beauty, I was not surprised. She promotes the "work with what you got approach."

Plus, fake bees stung lips are a pretty new beauty standard. 

Fun book and I love that she credit Michael for the recipe. She truly is a class act.

I did not realize that she was in her late seventies, great personality.

• Love 3

The difference between Craig and the rest of us is that he´s having bad days and saying immature and stupid stuff - on camera - . He´s still my favorite.

I´m so over seeing Landon. Whyyyy would anyone put her on tv? The women of this show are always 7-9ish, even 10s sometimes, but she´s a steadfast 4, at best. Horrible, horrible.

• Love 7

Did anyone hear Landon? Thomas commented that she looked like a million bucks, and Landon laughs and says "back when a million bucks was worth something." Ugh. Yep, I'll say it again! she definitely made that obnoxious billionaire comment.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, zenme said:

Did anyone hear Landon? Thomas commented that she looked like a million bucks, and Landon laughs and says "back when a million bucks was worth something." Ugh. Yep, I'll say it again! she definitely made that obnoxious billionaire comment.

I think you're reading too much into it. Seemed to my wife and me that it was just a joke between friends. Besides, her line really means that she looks better than anyone else at that moment, not that she is (or considers herself to be) richer than anyone else.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2017 at 11:13 AM, Nancypants said:

I will totally read her book

You really should: it's every bit as hilarious and as intelligently witty as she is. She shares her life history, tips on beauty/etiquette/fashion/decorating/hostessing, various favorite recipes of hers, what she's reading or recommended literature, etc. There are pictures and musings of her filming SC and whatnot in there too. Plus, she's included some of her favorite infamous lines and catchphrases in there as well and you'll recognize them all if you've paid close attention to her onscreen appearances over the past few seasons.

My only complaint? I wish the pics were in color!! I would've loved to have seen a spread of her whole house and various included cast pics printed on full-page glossy pages in the middle((like most celebrity bios/books)), but I guess her people opted for the cheaper/quicker printing option.

I'm slightly bummed that out of the cast that just Shep got offered a spinoff from this show because I think a show starring Patricia offering snippets of her glam life((parties, butler incidents and travels included)) and offering her own fabulous tips and pointers to others would be highly entertaining!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sun-Bun said:

I think a show starring Patricia offering snippets of her glam life((parties, butler incidents and travels included)) and offering her own fabulous tips and pointers to others would be highly entertaining!

I agree, I'd much rather watch that than watching Shep whore his way around the country.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I agree, I'd much rather watch that than watching Shep whore his way around the country.

Yeah. I can't even watch Shep whore his way around the country. Seriously. I won't bring myself to watch even one episode.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

You really should: it's every bit as hilarious and as intelligently witty as she is. She shares her life history, tips on beauty/etiquette/fashion/decorating/hostessing, various favorite recipes of hers, what she's reading or recommended literature, etc. There are pictures and musings of her filming SC and whatnot in there too. Plus, she's included some of her favorite infamous lines and catchphrases in there as well and you'll recognize them all if you've paid close attention to her onscreen appearances over the past few seasons.

My only complaint? I wish the pics were in color!! I would've loved to have seen a spread of her whole house and various included cast pics printed on full-page glossy pages in the middle((like most celebrity bios/books)), but I guess her people opted for the cheaper/quicker printing option.

I'm slightly bummed that out of the cast that just Shep got offered a spinoff from this show because I think a show starring Patricia offering snippets of her glam life((parties, butler incidents and travels included)) and offering her own fabulous tips and pointers to others would be highly entertaining!

I'd call Patrica's show 'Southern Class'. I'd give it a look see. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'd be bored watching him whore his way around the county.

Maybe they'll surprise us by watching him fail more than succeed....

• Love 2

Is it just me?  I honestly don't find Shep that "cerebral."  I think he thinks of himself that way and likes to throw things around to appear that way but I guess I'm just not that impressed.

Both he and Austen are mighty high on themselves and I think if I was a single 30-something, I would be so not interested in either one of them.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2017 at 5:24 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Bravo should have bought a clue when Isle of Palms wanted nothing to do with Shep filming a show there.

Apparently, Sullivan's Island has also prohibited filming of the show, so we don't see that place in SC, even though it's one of the prettiest ones.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2017 at 7:25 PM, dosodog said:

I did a quick perusal of "people who are always late" and there are interesting theories out there.

All of my daughter's skating coaches were late. And, if the competition was Saturday at 10am, I knew the routine would be changing on Friday. My MBA, CPA, brain was always exploding. But they were incredible coaches, so I plastered a smile on my face and made nice.

Last post on this episode, I promise. If someone arranged a dinner party to set me up with Trav, I'd slap them so hard, they'd spin before they hit the ground. Not even Thomas' money could buy 12 people in Charleston willing to convict me of assault and battery.