Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It's a video and he can barely wait for Tori to open the pouch and keeps bumping and nudging Tori as she explains that he absolutely loves this food and can't wait to gobble it up...she also says that Murphy is allergic to poultry so they only feed him the lamb and just 2 pouches a day.

He definitely eats it because we see him eat it on the video.

Oh.  Well, that's what I get for commenting on something so casually without knowing all the facts.   Too quick to snark this morning.  Sorry folks, my bad!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Oh.  Well, that's what I get for commenting on something so casually without knowing all the facts.   Too quick to snark this morning.  Sorry folks, my bad!

Been there, done that and have the t-shirt to prove it... 😂

I agree with others that 2 little pouches doesn't look like much food for a dog Murphy's size but when Tori said that he's allergic to poultry I got the feeling that their veterinarian must be involved.

I'm assuming that the vet did a test to find out he was allergic?.... Or is there some other way she would know that?

I'm no dog expert by any means and maybe I shouldn't assume but it made me feel a little better to think that their vet is aware of what and how much they're feeding him.... He looks healthy, lots of energy and his fur is shiny and full.

• Love 6

Tori said:

Sweet Lilah Bean... Girlsie got herself some new accessories!! 👓
Sweet girl has what’s called strabismus. Basically she’s crossed eyed. 🤗
She’s had it since birth and we’ve always joked that she’s our crossed eyed beauty queen 👑! Turns out... it’s a legit thing.
Lilah’s vision is actually better than 20/20 (not sure how they can tell on an infant?!) but we’re trying glasses to hopefully fix her lazy eye and avoid surgery!!

rsz_screenshot_1956.jpg

glasses.jpg

Edited by Dustbunny
Instagram error message link wouldn't embed
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

(not sure how they can tell on an infant?!)

Tori really doesn’t ask questions? I’m sure she was there, since she posted she’s the one that goes to appointments. 
Did they use light? Have her follow objects? Have her pupils dilated? I wonder about her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Tori really doesn’t ask questions? I’m sure she was there, since she posted she’s the one that goes to appointments. 
Did they use light? Have her follow objects? Have her pupils dilated? I wonder about her.

Honestly I thought it was pretty obvious from the first picture that the kid's eyes seemed a little off.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, justduckey said:

No sign of Jer and/or Auj at Lilah’s party. No post dedicated to her on their Instagram’s either.

Something is up, they are not on good terms.  Tori didn’t do a post or any mention for Ember when it was her birthday.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Matt bought it.  Probably the commentary about Zach maybe buying Amy's share was simply talk for the show.  

But since Jer isn't on the show any more, maybe he was pissed because there was no scene of him with Matt, Amy, and Zach discussing the future of the farm or the purchase thereof.

I have never bought the story that J&A left the show to focus on their family and careers as best-selling authors and MLM scammers.  I think TLC said, "Well, you're not little people, but Zach is, and has two dwarf children to continue the theme of the show, so thanks but good-bye J&A."

I think Jer and Auj left the show of their own accord, and I respect their decision even if I don't care for them personally. It's very much in the producers' best interests to have Zach and Tori living in the farmhouse so they can continue filming there. That's where I suspect the distance between the brothers is coming from, but I could be wrong.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

But since Jer isn't on the show any more, maybe he was pissed because there was no scene of him with Matt, Amy, and Zach discussing the future of the farm or the purchase thereof.

I mean, was there ever any doubt that *Matt's plan* was for Matt to get control of the farm and control it until the very bitter end?

And Jeremy has never been willing to pay the piper on what being Matt's heir would really mean, and it's not just happily moving to the big house and playing like the little boy he still thinks he is and doing whatever he pleases while his wife wrangles the kids. Returning to the farm and taking over pumpkin business dealings means Jeremy showing up t work every morning to.... shut his mouth and do as daddy says because daddy is in charge and Matt's a control freak who will never let Jeremy run anything on his own without excessive input, complaining to the public how Jeremy is slacking, not listening, etc etc etc.... basically Jeremy would be the new Amy. I honestly dont think Jeremy is bright enough to realize that but he is bright enough to realize he's got a cushy deal where he has a nice house and is allowed to piddle away on whatever suits his fancy and returning to the farm to learn from Matt would be a drag in contrast.

I also wonder if Jeremy and Auj are annoyed that Matt pretty openly disregards their golden children in favor of Jackson. I am curious if that will change when Bode gets older but right now, its very clear who Matt's favorite grandchild is. 

I can see Jeremy being annoyed that his apparent "I called dibs, dammit!" is being disregarded but to throw Matt a bone, he pretty much did everything but beg his golden son to work on the farm and Jeremy was all "no no no I am on a mission from God".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Not sure what it is supposed to mean adding bean after her name, maybe suppose to make her seem cute?

I'd go with it sounds cute, Most childhood nicknames don't have deep meaning. I was "Punky" and "Stuffy". My poor twin cousins were Peanut and Porkie. Porkie ironically was the thin one, and my parents explanation on "Punky" was "dunno, it was just fun to say".

• Love 1

Silly is okay.  We have a family joke that everyone's middle name is "Marie."  Our grandkids even called us "Papa Marie" and "Grammy Marie."  The dog was "Summer Marie."  To this day, if I'm jokingly showing displeasure, I look at my husband with a fake mad face and say, "Dennis Marie . . . you forgot to put a new roll on the toilet paper holder!!!!"

So I'm okay with "Bean."  

• LOL 5

Regarding Zach and Jeremy.... those of us that watched the show from The beginning know this:  Matt intended Jeremy to work on the farm for life.  He didn’t give a fig what the other 3 kids did.   Amy forgot she had four kids.  She only ever mentioned the twins and then I think she considered Zach a spare.  
What happened?  Well, the Golden Boy grew up believing he was golden so he decided to go do photography because Matt was too controlling and had too many expectations for Jeremys life.  Zach had to work for everything in life.  He quietly did the work he was expected to do on the farm even though he knew he had no chance of ever getting said farm- and even though it wasn’t his favorite work to do.

it’s the ant and the grasshopper and I think Zach met Tori and is an ant.  Jeremy met a grasshopper and is one himself. 

• Love 1

I like Tori and I think she's a nice person but the constant over the top gushing adoration of Zach is beginning to feel fake to me.

Almost every single day she posts stuff like... "I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with this amazing, incredible, awesome, handsome, wonderful man and I get to call him my husband, I mean really I'm amazed that out of all the women on the planet I'm the one who gets to be his wife, I'm so incredibly thankful and totally blown away that he's mine!!!!!" and on and on... all this over the top gushing makes me wonder who she's trying to convince.

I've been married for a long time and I'm absolutely head over heels in love with hubby and he feels the same about me, we're each others best friend and couldn't be any closer but I wouldn't dream of gushing about him every day... I don't need to, everyone who knows us knows that we're happily married and deeply in love, we respect each other and we're always there for each other.

Auj does the same thing with Jer.... And when her singular gushing isn't enough she has dozens of family members and friends join in, make video messages saying what an awesome person he is and how Auj is the luckiest woman on the planet to be his wife and give birth to his children.

Amy does the same thing with Chris...

I don't understand what the motive is and why they go so overboard... Is it to show what a devoted godly person they are?... Any ideas?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I agree with you about Tori, is she trying to convince herself?  I used to like her but she has become very annoying in my opinion.  She basically does the same thing with her kids.  I know every parent loves their child, but she gushes over them constantly too, maybe because they are little people and could have problems down the line IDK.  I think Amy’s gushing and carrying on like a teenager comes from her being so thrilled she landed another man after her marriage broke up.

I am surprised Amy’s card didn’t say “Have yourself an Amy’s Little Chris—tams”.  BUY FUDGE!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Over compensating.  It's just like my neighbor who was forever telling me she and her husband are more in love now than ever.  Be careful telling that to the next door neighbor who has heard him yell stop being a nutcase.  I also have a front row seat to the battle of the fig tree.  I know who is winning that one.  

I think Tori finally realized she has a house full of children and all but one of them may eventually become adults.  It has to be tiring doing almost all the work herself and she may be doing the posts as pep talks to herself to keep going.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I agree with you about Tori, is she trying to convince herself?  I used to like her but she has become very annoying in my opinion.  She basically does the same thing with her kids.  I know every parent loves their child, but she gushes over them constantly too, maybe because they are little people and could have problems down the line IDK.  I think Amy’s gushing and carrying on like a teenager comes from her being so thrilled she landed another man after her marriage broke up.

I am surprised Amy’s card didn’t say “Have yourself an Amy’s Little Chris—tams”.  BUY FUDGE!

Yes exactly, she does the same thing with the kids.

They're cute kids and I'm sure she loves them dearly but the gushing is soooooo over the top that it's starting to make me a little worried about her emotional well being.

She goes on and on and says stuff like "it's killing me *Thud* and I can't believe I get to be her/his mom, I mean seriously how did I get the honor of having him/her as my child?!?!??"

On top of being so silly and gushy the way she expresses herself starts to sound a bit odd like she's trying to convince herself that she's so happy and doesn't have a care in the world.... But in reality she's a young woman who carries the bulk of the responsibility for the family.... She has a dwarf husband, 2 dwarf children and all 3 have health issues and will need surgery and other medical intervention.... That's a lot to deal with.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

To add to what @Joan of Argh said, do any of their husbands do the same (even to a lesser degree)? It’s just so one-sided and over the top.

No they don't, Jer will say something on their anniversary or Auj's birthday but he doesn't gush about her and certainly not on a daily basis and Zach does it even less than Jer.

On their anniversary Zach said that he loved her etc. but it was one sentence... Short, sweet and to the point... No gushing.... But it sounded sincere because it wasn't over the top gushing.

Too much gushing sounds fake to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't understand what the motive is and why they go so overboard... Is it to show what a devoted godly person they are?... Any ideas?

To be honest, yes, I think whatever their brand of Christianity is, there's a very strong streak of "A woman must please her man and praise her man" in all of them.

And yes, telling that the men folk aren't required to reciprocate. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is it a social media thing?  I don't participate in any of it myself but it's hard to avoid online sometimes and from what I can gather, isn't Instagram the place to gush & brag about your wonderful, fabulous life and twitter the place to bitch & complain and get in fights with people? 

And I think the perfect, magical Instagram Life is cranked up by 100 when it's from a 'tv personality' or whatever we would categorize Tori as because she makes money off of content and the more content she cranks out, the more money she can make.  And the more likes she gets and the more followers she gets, more monetary opportunities come her way.  So it's all nonsense gibberish about magical rainbows and unicorns instead of lazy husbands and dirty diapers.  I see this with even some of the people in my real life.  Girlfriends or co-workers who post things on Instagram and post posed, rehearsed photos that aren't even remotely realistic to their real life.

Which is why I hate social media. The end.  lol. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I've never understood the "post a personal, intimate letter to your spouse" on your social media.  Don't you live in the same household? Can't you just say it to them, out loud, in person?   Look at meeeeeee.....

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Quof said:

I've never understood the "post a personal, intimate letter to your spouse" on your social media.  Don't you live in the same household? Can't you just say it to them, out loud, in person?   Look at meeeeeee.....

I suffer a severe case of secondhand embarrassment from those especially.  

200w.gif.518bc88d0eb8cc6b60efdf8f18cfee3e.gif

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, Quof said:

Exactly! 

To me it just comes across as such a self serving attention whore thing to do and the fact that it's typically religious people doing it makes it even more confusing because where's the humility?

I'd be embarrassed to go on and on about hubby for everyone to see and he'd be embarrassed to be on the receiving end of it.

I've watched LPBW since the very beginning and I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode more than once but I've never watched Zach and Tori's wedding because I was so embarrassed and turned off by the way Jer and Auj went, on and on and ON at their wedding that I couldn't stand the thought of seeing another couple carry on like that ever again. 🙄

• Love 2
18 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

To be honest, yes, I think whatever their brand of Christianity is, there's a very strong streak of "A woman must please her man and praise her man" in all of them.

Amy certainly didn’t subscribe to that idea while married to Matt!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1