Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, seasons said:

Jackson is turning 3 this month, i think. I know kids all start talking at different ages, especially boys, so please... but I'm just hoping he talks more off camera.

He seems a little shy.  It could be that having a bunch of guys with cameras and boom mikes in his face could cause him to be quieter.

I had an early talker (son) and one who didn't see the need (daughter).  It all evens out.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, seasons said:

Jackson is turning 3 this month, i think. I know kids all start talking at different ages, especially boys, so please... but I'm just hoping he talks more off camera. Hoping he is starting to put little sentences together, etc. It does seem like z and t seem to talk for him a lot... 

too bad things are so limited with covid 19. he would benefit from preschool. 

Tori posts a lot of videos of Jackson learning his letters and words on a tablet.

He sits there and it asks him "which one is the letter L" and Jackson taps the "L" and the tablet congratulates him and asks the next letter but I never hear him interacting or talking, just a lot of tapping his finger and the tablet doing all the talking while jackson sits there silently.

On the other hand Auj posts videos of Ember sitting with books and reading with her or Jeremy reading with her and in my opinion Ember is a lot more talkative than Jackson, she puts sentences together and is able to communicate with ease.

I don't think I've ever seen Ember with a tablet but Jackson seems to spend a lot of time on his.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Tori posts a lot of videos of Jackson learning his letters and words on a tablet.

He sits there and it asks him "which one is the letter L" and Jackson taps the "L" and the tablet congratulates him and asks the next letter but I never hear him interacting or talking, just a lot of tapping his finger and the tablet doing all the talking while jackson sits there silently.

On the other hand Auj posts videos of Ember sitting with books and reading with her or Jeremy reading with her and in my opinion Ember is a lot more talkative than Jackson, she puts sentences together and is able to communicate with ease.

I don't think I've ever seen Ember with a tablet but Jackson seems to spend a lot of time on his.

That's interesting, he's used to interacting with a tablet and that's more of a sign language than speaking language plus he's shy so that adds to it.

I wonder if they have learning games for the tablet that require verbal response? (I don't have toddlers so I'm not up to date on what's available)

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 2:26 AM, seasons said:

Jackson is turning 3 this month, i think. I know kids all start talking at different ages, especially boys, so please... but I'm just hoping he talks more off camera. Hoping he is starting to put little sentences together, etc. It does seem like z and t seem to talk for him a lot... 

too bad things are so limited with covid 19. he would benefit from preschool. 

Amy taught pre-school and Tori taught kindergarten.  He may have a speech issue, he may have  a hearing issue or he may be super shy.  Maybe little people start talking later?   Our younger son would speak at home around us at 2 but not at the day care center.  He failed a speech evaluation done while there during the day.  I asked them to repeat it at our house with me there and he passed with flying colors.  He started talking at day care  later on. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Spelling
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Amt taught pre-school and Tori taught kindergarten.  He may have a speech issue, he may have  a hearing issue or he may be super shy.  Maybe little people start talking later?   Our younger son would speak at home around us at 2 but not at the day care center.  He failed a speech evaluation done while there during the day.  I asked them to repeat it at our house with me there and he passed with flying colors.  He started talking at day care  later on. 

I agree, i think Jackson is a little shy.

When Tori talks to him he responds and he knows his letters and lots of words.

I think he's absolutely adorable and he's such a nice big brother to Lilah, always cuddling her and playing with her. ❤️

• Love 6
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Amy taught pre-school and Tori taught kindergarten.  He may have a speech issue, he may have  a hearing issue or he may be super shy.  Maybe little people start talking later?   Our younger son would speak at home around us at 2 but not at the day care center.  He failed a speech evaluation done while there during the day.  I asked them to repeat it at our house with me there and he passed with flying colors.  He started talking at day care  later on. 

From Tori's postings, he seems to get regular medical check-ups, so assuming his pediatrician's not a complete moron, his development, including speech, is being monitored.  As you noted, some kids' speech can be situational.  Jackson's clearly pointing and responding, which seem to be good signs that he's hearing and comprehending.  

• Love 4

Cute, but she should encourage him to talk before he gets what he wants. "What does mommy have, jackson?" " what colors do you see? " etc. Not all the time, or course, but as a teacher she should know this stuff. They do too much for him.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

So is this the new "thing"?

I've seen people do this with their dogs but never their children. 😮

*sigh*

I've not ever seen someone do this with a child before, but I think it's a great idea.  A real difference from the kid screaming until Mom drops everything to get him what he wants.  Children do need to learn that life requires patience and obedience.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've not ever seen someone do this with a child before, but I think it's a great idea.  A real difference from the kid screaming until Mom drops everything to get him what he wants.  Children do need to learn that life requires patience and obedience.

I believe this is the homemade version of the classic "Stanford Marshmallow Challenge" that's been around for almost 50 years.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Exactly.  Someone started it up again as social media thing during the pandemic.  It's been on a couple of TV shows with lots of parents posting the videos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I actually meant to post my question in the Jer & Auj thread, I forgot which thread I was in.

I thought it was cute with Tori and Jackson and Ember was cute but Auj bugged me because she always seems a bit loud and obnoxious.  🙄

I guess it really bugged me because I've seen a bunch of them on IG where the parents seem like they’re trying to one up each other, one mom told her child to sit on her hands and "not move one inch" and when she came back she was boasting how her kid did exactly what mommy said, another little boy was told to put his hands on his head and the mom took great delight in pointing out how obedient her son was, I felt sorry for the little guy because she was gone for longer than the other videos, he was whimpering and I felt like I was watching him being punished. 😞

It just seemed like some people are turning it into a competition and of course it all has to be filmed for sharing on social media...  I guess I'll just avoid them.... *shrug*

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The elastic on that thing looks downright painful. 

I agree plus it looks ridiculous, either put a bonnet on her head or leave her head bare but please no more HUGE bows with elastic digging into her skull.  👎

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I agree plus it looks ridiculous, either put a bonnet on her head or leave her head bare but please no more HUGE bows with elastic digging into her skull.  👎

Plus I think it just draws more attention to the size of her head.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

False eyelashes are in fashion for pumping breast milk and feeding and infant first thing the morning.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.51.40 PM.png

Those are probably eyelash extensions, so they are semi-permanent. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Adiba said:

The worry-wart in me is having anxiety about Jackson holding that firework and being too close to them in general.

I watched the video of it and was worried throughout... That thing was blazing and shooting sparks everywhere in between each explosion and it was really shooting them out with a lot of force.

I was kind of shocked that they let Jackson hold it with bare hands and sort of rested it against his tummy, he's only 3 yrs old.

Maybe I'm just a worry wart but I don't like fireworks around toddlers.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, Adiba said:

The worry-wart in me is having anxiety about Jackson holding that firework and being too close to them in general.

Same here. Toddlers and fireworks? Not such a cute photo opportunity imo.

And in the picture of the four of them, you can really see the condition of his legs. I wonder if there is even a small chance that as he grows they might recover somewhat? Were Zach's legs that curved?

Edited by seasons
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Adiba said:

Me, too.  When I was a kid, my cousin literally ran into me with a lit sparkler, which stabbed me just above my left top rib. I can't stand the smell of sparklers!  Needless to say, my kids never got sparklers on 4th of July.

• Love 5
(edited)

To think that a parent placed young children near fireworks.......OMG.  Don't get me started. It's beyond infuriating for any parent who has an ounce of sense. You don't have to go far to find cautionary stories about fireworks and children.  Here's one I saw a few days ago.  This was an at home fireworks display at a family reunion that killed a three year old that was 40 feet away.  There are many stories of kids and adults loosing limbs, vision, hearing, etc.  

https://www.wral.com/father-remembers-3-year-old-son-struck-in-head-killed-by-fireworks-display/19175081/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, seasons said:

Astonishingly poor judgment. Photographed and posted.

It hurts my heart that a parent, especially one that is so adamant about their devotion to the family,  displays this degree of disregard for their child.  He may likely say it was a small, innocent firework, but, it doesn't matter.  There's little control over the preparation, packaging, etc. over those things. There should be zero tolerance.  I'm not sure I'll watch next season.  He and Tori need to be checked.  I don't think a visit from CPS would be inappropriate. 

Anyone see the large dog around lately?

• Love 3

Tori just went on a snotty rant on Instagram telling people to mind their own business and stop sending them messages about Jackson's legs and their social distancing practices.  Referred to people as "Karens" and said she is not responsible for teaching anyone anything. She said she realizes she is a public figure, well if she realizes that then she has to take what comes with it.  What a bitch! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7