Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

Meanwhile, the other kids have boots on, looks like the mom does too.

It's not that hard, Tori.

I get the feeling that T and Z aren't real adults, they are just supposed to play them on tv.

Immature and half-assed way to live with two children and possibly more on the horizon. 

• Love 17

Not much common sense. Hope she checked them for ticks, those things are everywhere, so it is important to be covered up in those types of fields.  I remember a while back she put out video about making tuna but she had no can opener.  She was going to try and open the can with a sharp knife.  That would be dangerous and stupid, what the heck was she thinking.  

• Love 10

I used to really shake my head at Zach, but Tori is getting right up there with him. You forgot shoes for both the kids, and stop to buy shoes and only decide to get them for one child?  I mean you couldn’t even triple up on some socks for her?  

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I used to really shake my head at Zach, but Tori is getting right up there with him. You forgot shoes for both the kids, and stop to buy shoes and only decide to get them for one child?  I mean you couldn’t even triple up on some socks for her?  

Agreed. Tori is becoming too much. Is it because that Lilah isn't walking yet? (She isn't, is she?) Even if that's her reasoning, Lilah still needs something on her feet. Omg it's not hard to remember to dress your accordingly. Also, Tori's laugh is so irritating to me. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Agreed. Tori is becoming too much. Is it because that Lilah isn't walking yet? (She isn't, is she?) Even if that's her reasoning, Lilah still needs something on her feet. Omg it's not hard to remember to dress your accordingly. Also, Tori's laugh is so irritating to me. 

Lilah is walking with a standing rolling toy of some sort.  I’m not sure if she’s able to walk unassisted completely for long periods.  I’m not sure of her exact age or whether her dwarfism has influence that milestone since there’s a range, but her feet look dirty so she is probably running around at least some in the field. And why do I feel like this isn’t the first time this has happened?  They should just keep an extra pair of shoes for each kid in the car.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Loving Molly’s curls and low maintenance look. Both she and Tori look snd casual. If the thigh gap Queen had been there she would have been in full makeup with her mouth WIDE OPEN as always. 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Loving Molly’s curls and low maintenance look. Both she and Tori look snd casual. If the thigh gap Queen had been there she would have been in full makeup with her mouth WIDE OPEN as always. 

I don't think the thigh gap queen is posing with Tori anytime soon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, LucyEth said:

Not much common sense. Hope she checked them for ticks, those things are everywhere, so it is important to be covered up in those types of fields.  I remember a while back she put out video about making tuna but she had no can opener.  She was going to try and open the can with a sharp knife.  That would be dangerous and stupid, what the heck was she thinking.  

Wtf? Who doesn’t own a can opener?… I’ve seen a survivalist guy open a can with a large hunting knife and it produced a lot of jagged edges and he knicked his finger…I hope she didn’t do this in front of Jackson because kids try to repeat what they see their parents do.

You’d think she would realize that berry fields are full of bacteria, that’s why they tell you to thoroughly wash the fruit before you eat it but Tori was letting the kids eat the berries right there in the field! 🙄

there’s been numerous outbreaks of E.coli from people eating unwashed berries… in 2011 at the Jaquith Strawberry Farm in Oregon 15 people were sickened and there was 1 death.

May 12, 2021 there was an E.coli 0157 outbreak linked to fresh organic produce in Washington state.

there’s E.coli outbreaks all the time from eating strawberries and other produce straight from the fields.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Whoa. " Happily oblivious" really sums it up. Sadly. T seems especially in denial. Z grew up with these major issues and lives with it so there's that at least. I wish they had put J in preschool or daycare a few hours a week (before covid). The socialization would have been helped most likely, among other things. Like speech. Speech delays can sometimes be seen because the parents anticipate the child's every need and do much of the talking for the child.

Z&T just proudly posted that he's "graduating" pre-school and will start kindergarten in the fall.  Ignorance is bliss!  And Lila Bean's eyes are fine.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He started in February, he turned 4 in May.

C9A2C76D-765F-498E-A1D9-B7CBF76DE15C.jpeg

Oh wow! He sure is cute.

He started preschool during a pandemic? Interesting. I stand corrected!

I hope it is safe. 

I think school will be so great for him in so many ways.

• Love 2
Just now, seasons said:

Oh wow! He sure is cute.

He started preschool during a pandemic? Interesting. I stand corrected!

I hope it is safe. 

I think school will be so great for him in so many ways.

Well, a year of preschool doesn't seemed to advanced his speech much...  I hope this is being addressed - by someone - and not just laughed off, as usual, by Z&T who indeed seem to do most of his talking for him on the show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Well, a year of preschool doesn't seemed to advanced his speech much...  I hope this is being addressed - by someone - and not just laughed off, as usual, by Z&T who indeed seem to do most of his talking for him on the show.

You do realize all the show scenes you are seeing are before his attendance at preschool, right?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

You do realize all the show scenes you are seeing are before his attendance at preschool, right?

I do, indeed, thank you for that, but Z&T - not unlike Amy - are prolific posters on social media, which is in real time.

• Love 4
On 6/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, all4mom2 said:

The really sad about this is Tori was a kindergarten teacher in her previous career and Amy worked in a preschool and yet, Jackson's delays seem to be laughed off and something to almost be ignored. 

• Love 1

I wonder why Matt, who loves Jackson  and spends so much time with Jackson as the best grand dad ever doesn't say boo about this? Sure seems like a time for Matt to step up and give a shit if Amy, Zach, and Tory are blatantly ignoring an obvious deficit in Jackson's speech that is so obvious the viewing public has it diagnosed. I mean, if we know Jackson is suffering and needs intervention for his speech, why isn't Matt making darn sure that Jackson gets that help he desperately needs?

*Personally I don't think the kid is delayed, I compare him to Will on the Little Couple at the same age and Jackson is head and shoulders above Will at that age. I just took a look at Tori's instagram and there's a cute video of Jackson reciting a bible quote. I just find it hilarious that while Amy's job as a preschool teacher is usually derided as "Amy did nothing to contribute" when there's fingers to point for Jackson's massive delays, its very import to note that Amy worked as a preschool teacher and therefore is an expert on speech delays while Matt who spends soooooo much time with Jackson and is sooooo devoted to Jackson never is on the hook for not noticing what some see as obvious delays. 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I wonder why Matt, who loves Jackson  and spends so much time with Jackson as the best grand dad ever doesn't say boo about this? Sure seems like a time for Matt to step up and give a shit if Amy, Zach, and Tory are blatantly ignoring an obvious deficit in Jackson's speech that is so obvious the viewing public has it diagnosed. I mean, if we know Jackson is suffering and needs intervention for his speech, why isn't Matt making darn sure that Jackson gets that help he desperately needs?

*Personally I don't think the kid is delayed, I compare him to Will on the Little Couple at the same age and Jackson is head and shoulders above Will at that age. I just took a look at Tori's instagram and there's a cute video of Jackson reciting a bible quote. I just find it hilarious that while Amy's job as a preschool teacher is usually derided as "Amy did nothing to contribute" when there's fingers to point for Jackson's massive delays, its very import to note that Amy worked as a preschool teacher and therefore is an expert on speech delays while Matt who spends soooooo much time with Jackson and is sooooo devoted to Jackson never is on the hook for not noticing what some see as obvious delays. 

All roads lead to Matt!

I wouldn't use Will Klein as a comparison.  Not only is English not his first language, he clearly has delays and has been in speech therapy since, I think, his adoption, so I would hope Jackson would be more advanced.  I personally also believe he may suffer from Willi-Prader syndrome, but if so, that hasn't been shared on the show.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3

I think comparing Jackson to a child with actual speech delays is appropriate to make the point. I mean, the bitch point is that Jackson *has obvious delays that are being ignored*, isn't it? 

Why shouldn't Matt be included in the shame circle of "we're ignoring Jackson's obvious delays" when he is cited as spending so much time with Jackson and yet is not insisting on testing or therepy? 

By the way, Jackson - as shown on the show - does see a doctor regularly and pediatricians do screen for speech delays.  Prescreening for kindergarten also looks for it. My suspicion is that Jackson falls within the normal parameters. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yet Matt is not chided for neglecting the boy, while Amy, Tory, and Zach are - see the difference?

I mean, its apparently not ok for Amy, Tory and Zach to not think Jackson has speech delays. They are cited for ignoring the problem and denying Jackson help. But Matt is not even though he is doing the same as they are - nothing. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 4
(edited)
52 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yet Matt is not chided for neglecting the boy, while Amy, Tory, and Zach are - see the difference?

I mean, its apparently not ok for Amy, Tory and Zach to not think Jackson has speech delays. They are cited for ignoring the problem and denying Jackson help. But Matt is not even though he is doing the same as they are - nothing. 

I think the point being made in that post was that Amy and Tori both purport to be educators and thus should be more attuned to such things as speech delays versus a pumpkin-growing grandfather.  As for Zach, I don't think anyone expects him to be astute about much of anything!  As for Jackson's doctor, a friend of mine had a child who still wasn't speaking at the age of 3.  However, at each doctor's visit and to anyone who would listen, the mother insisted the child talked up a storm at home and was just shy in certain circumstances.  I can only assume the doctor took the mom's word for it since no speech therapy was ever prescribed. 

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I think the point being made in that post was that Amy and Tori both purport to be educators and thus should be more attuned to such things as speech delays versus a pumpkin-growing grandfather. 

And thats why I am amazed that when its time to point fingers, Amy's two years as a preschool teacher assistant is a SUPER qualification for her to screen and identify speech defects, but when its noted as something she did to support the family, she's derided as "doing nothing" or "babysitting". Likewise Tory, who worked for two years as a kindergarten teacher where she was also derided as "a babysitter" and her educational levels were questioned. Help me out - do schools and doctors normally take the part time preschool teacher assistant's word on a diagnosis? And funny how Tory is lauded as an educator when there's fault to find. 

Pumpkin growing grandfather is routinely cited as having a "special connection" to Jackson. Funny how when a bit of responsibility is required he's just a dumbass farmer who can't be expected to notice obvious speech delays. Funny how Matt is always an awesome granddad except when it might actually matter for an adult to step in and do something to help a struggling child. Then, goodness, poor clever Matt who is so awesome at everything including loving his grandson, can't possibly be expected to notice the obvious speech issue that even fans notice. 

18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

As for Jackson's doctor, a friend of mine had a child who still wasn't speaking at the age of 3.  However, at each doctor's visit and to anyone who would listen, the mother insisted the child talked up a storm at home and was just shy in certain circumstances. 

Maybe that was actually the case? As for Jackson, now we're dismissing the fact that he does receive medical care, and was likely screened for preschool AND kindergarten for delays? The doctors don't catch it, the parents and grandparents (except for Matt cause Matt gets a pass when its something that actually matters) don't catch it, but fans do?  For what its worth, I do compare him to other children other than Will Klein, and he doesn't seem behind. And yes, kindergarten screening will check for delays and if he needs speech therepy, he'll get an IEP. He'll likely have an IEP regardless because of his dwarfism. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Maybe that was actually the case?

Actually, no.  Turns out the child ended up being diagnosed with autism, but only years after critical early intervention opportunities were missed due to the mother's denial and/or attempt to save face by concealing the speech delay.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

"Pre-school teacher assistant"? If Amy was a pre-school TA, she changed diapers, cleaned up vomit and passed out the snacks. This has been my experience with pre-school teacher aides. They do not function as instructors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yes and thats how Amy's work is dismissed when we're playing the "Amy never did anything to help financially" but when Jackson might have a speech delay she is 'an educator who should know how to identify a speech issue'.

I'm just having a hard time with deeming her more responsible than say, Matt, for noticing a speech delay when her work as an 'educator' is routinely dismissed like this. But it lets Matt off the hook and still be Jackson's super supportive granddad since Matt who spends so much time with Jackson and shares a very special bond can't possibly notice a speech delay or do anything about it since he's just a pumpkin farmer and not an educator.

My real point I suppose is that if you're (the greater you're) are going to dismiss Amy's work as being a babysitter, then she's no more on the hook for Jackson's supposed speech delay than Matt, since being a preschool teaching assistant for a couple years is normally not considered a professional qualification... unless it makes Amy look bad. Then  she's 'an educator'.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

"Pre-school teacher assistant"? If Amy was a pre-school TA, she changed diapers, cleaned up vomit and passed out the snacks. This has been my experience with pre-school teacher aides. They do not function as instructors.

That hasn't been my experience at Jackson's age level nor is it what Amy was shown doing during an episode.  The assistants at my grandkids' preschools lead small groups, read with children, helped them with songs and pageants, supervised outdoor playtime and indoor artwork, etc.   By three they were out of diapers or well on their way out of diapers and any child vomiting would be promptly sent home.  At three the kids either bring and get their own snacks or part of learning is assisting with serving and cleaning up snacks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jackson's speech may be delayed a bit, but the words he does use are used and pronounced correctly. Plus he does have other handicaps from his dwarfism, and who knows how much extra energy he must expend doing the things that are easy for other kids?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I do compare him to other children other than Will Klein, and he doesn't seem behind. And yes, kindergarten screening will check for delays and if he needs speech therepy, he'll get an IEP.

I have a 4 y.o. grandchild who can speak in sentences with a vocabulary that is appropriate to her age level.  I can converse with her without "subtitles." 

For that reason, I was always very conscious of the language delays from the Klein children and Jackson, as well.  As a matter of fact, I was supportive of the Klein's show apparently not being picked up for another season from TLC (for whatever reason) as I thought the pressure of filming with whatever "artificial" situations arise with a production crew and cameras in the kids' faces on an ongoing basis may have caused some lapse in the children's language development. 

I emphasize that I am NOT an expert in this field and am only sharing my impressions as a viewer who becomes a bit tense watching the little kids seemingly struggle with verbal communication. 

I'd be interested in an expert's opinion regarding whether filming a reality TV show might cause (overtly or covertly) hesitation in verbal communication for children with special needs because of the specific requirements of producing a "show".  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just watched an interview with Zach and Tori… they were asked if Amy’s wedding will be televised and they basically said yes and what a great day it will be having all the family together… they also said that they’ve never met any of Chris’s family so they’re looking forward to meeting them and getting t know Amy’s new family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, LucyEth said:

The tuna I buy has the tabs, but then again, I am a tuna snob, only solid white albacore, the photo of Tori and Molly was nice to see, Molly's husband looks like he could still be in high school, but handsome none the less

• Love 4

In fairness I have seen some vicious comments about how we don't see the dog because Tory is a shitty pet owner who dumped the dog because he's not exactly like Sully. And that's one of the kinder versions. Kind of like how if she's not documenting every doctor appointment publically she's a shitty mom who never takes her kids to the doctor and completely ignores their health concerns. I can see it getting old. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Tori chooses to live her life very publicly.  You get what you get!  It's pretty obvious that she expected another Sully (the canine version of a mini-me) and was disappointed that she didn't get the same dog.  Don't buy a giant puppy and then complain about it.  For a mother of two, she's quite immature, IMO.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

In fairness I have seen some vicious comments about how we don't see the dog because Tory is a shitty pet owner who dumped the dog because he's not exactly like Sully. And that's one of the kinder versions. Kind of like how if she's not documenting every doctor appointment publically she's a shitty mom who never takes her kids to the doctor and completely ignores their health concerns. I can see it getting old. 

Oh sure, I can see it getting old, but when you make your life public, and earn your living that way, it comes with the territory. I’m fine with her addressing it by putting up a picture of Murphy and an update, but to whine that people post mean things about her family makes me roll my eyes. Do I think it’s right? No, it sucks. Some people suck, so you block/ignore them but don’t ask for sympathy for negative (even erroneous) comments on the internet when it is absolutely your choice to make your life public. (Obviously some things are beyond the pale, but it doesn’t sound like the comments she’s reacting to are that.)

• Love 6

I ran a day care center many years ago and I find nothing slow or delayed about Jackson's speech.  Like many kids his age, there are certain combinations of letters he may have trouble pronouncing.  "L" "S" and "th" combinations are difficult for many little ones.  I saw this many times.  I also saw that having problems with some of those letters did not mean the child was slow or delayed in learning.  Many of the same kids with so called speech problems were accepted into the gifted program for high level intelligence.  

Tori is probably confused by the nastiness of comments about children on the internet.  Yes, she opened her life up and she is fair game to any comments, but it's hard to fathom anyone being overly cruel to children.  I remember the ridiculous comments on Will Klein about him wearing diapers.  That was going way over the top, and Tori probably can't understand anyone taking shots at little kids, if she read the asshole comments about little Will Klein.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's not his pronunciation; it's that he barely speaks at all and, when prompted, only in one or two word sentences.  That's not the norm for a four-year-old.  Pointing out facts and expressing concern is not "being cruel."

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's not his pronunciation; it's that he barely speaks at all and, when prompted, only in one or two word sentences.  That's not the norm for a four-year-old.  Pointing out facts and expressing concern is not "being cruel."

I disagree completely with the idea Jackson doesn't talk enough.  I have two  grandsons with me every day, one is 6 years old and the other one is 4 years old.  One talks all the time and the other one is quieter.  Again, they are both normal intelligent kids that read books to me, play the violin, piano and actually write music.  One is a quiet thinker, but he extremely bright.  The other one is all boy, plays on a hockey team, plays soccer and makes up great jokes.  He has his quiet moments too,  but  definitely they both have their own little personalities.  Their parents also differ in personalities.  One is more of an introvert and the other more outgoing.  Both are lawyers, but one is in the courtroom and the other prefers paperwork.   Quiet kids can be great deep thinkers.  What we see on these shows doesn't define these kids in anyway.

• Love 7