Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

Tori had to get on Zack about his manners when Amy brought over food. She said he gobbles up the food and often she doesn't get to eat because of the baby and Zack eating first. Amy just stood there. She should be ashamed that she raised a son who has little consideration for his wife who is a new mother. I noticed that when they went to Amy's house for Christmas dinner Zack was sitting at the table waiting for what I suspect was for Tori or Amy to fix his plate.  I had  the impression that Tori was pretty irritated with Zack. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Tori had to get on Zack about his manners when Amy brought over food. She said he gobbles up the food and often she doesn't get to eat because of the baby and Zack eating first. Amy just stood there. She should be ashamed that she raised a son who has little consideration for his wife who is a new mother. I noticed that when they went to Amy's house for Christmas dinner Zack was sitting at the table waiting for what I suspect was for Tori or Amy to fix his plate.  I had  the impression that Tori was pretty irritated with Zack. 

Zach's just emulating his father, who I've seen on the show sit down at the table expect to be served while the women-folk prepare the meal.

Edited by readheaded
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm part way through the episode and one major thing I'm noticing is Matt completely disregarding everything Amy says and says she's feeling.  He keeps telling her she's wrong when she describes her feelings.  That's just absolutely wrong.  She feels what she feels.  No wonder she says he doesn't hear her, he doesn't and doesn't even try.  It comes across as only wanting his way and pretty much trying to steam roll her to get it.  

I have to say if faced with that, I'd balk, too.

Zach needs to butt out.  This is between his parents and they need to handle it without Zach being involved.

It was nice near the end to have Matt acknowledge that Amy wasn't ready and he had to accept that.

I think doing the separate family holidays on the show is a separate level of hell for Amy and possibly Matt.  One should be able to put on blinders about how the other side celebrates.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

I have zero problem with taking off a toddler's shirt eating a messy meal.  I did it until my kids got more coordinated and my daughter did the same thing.  Spaghetti especially is horrible trying to get the stains out.  Some kids are worse than others.  He won't have an issue wearing a shirt in a year or two when he can handle eating more neatly.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

No signs or mention of Jeremy and Audrey.  I think the falling out is over the farm.

I've been wondering what might be behind this estrangement but you might have figured it out.

I always thought that Jer wanted the big house and to takeover eventually but I think Matt wanted Zach and his family of little people so they can keep the TLC money rolling in along with all the publicity.

We had the better part of a season with Jer and Auj discussing the farm and living in the big house etc...at that time Zach and Tori were saying they weren't interested..... I think Matt stepped in and decided that it needed to be Zach and Tori.... Wish we could have seen that conversation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I always thought that Jer wanted the big house and to takeover eventually but I think Matt wanted Zach and his family of little people so they can keep the TLC money rolling in along with all the publicity.

We had the better part of a season with Jer and Auj discussing the farm and living in the big house etc...at that time Zach and Tori were saying they weren't interested..... I think Matt stepped in and decided that it needed to be Zach and Tori.... Wish we could have seen that conversation.

I hope thats not true because if it is - Matt's decided who tends the farm and keeping the money and publicity rolling is more important than his twin sons maintaining a decent relationship. What a dad, putting money and fame over family. Have your sons get along or make more money? Matt picks money. 

Now, personally I don't think this is the case in that I don't think there's a rift but more a natural drawing apart. They both now have families. Their friend circles aren't identical and don't overlap as much. They're living much different lives not as "the twins" but as two seperate men, Zach and Jeremy, who don't have a lot in common, and who have wives that don't seem to get along. 

An aside - if Jer and Auj are put out that they're somehow no longer in the running for the farm, they only have themselves to blame. Matt's been obvious in how he wants Jeremy to take over and has even asked him and Jeremy has always been not ready yet.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I hope thats not true because if it is - Matt's decided who tends the farm and keeping the money and publicity rolling is more important than his twin sons maintaining a decent relationship. What a dad, putting money and fame over family. Have your sons get along or make more money? Matt picks money. 

Now, personally I don't think this is the case in that I don't think there's a rift but more a natural drawing apart. They both now have families. Their friend circles aren't identical and don't overlap as much. They're living much different lives not as "the twins" but as two seperate men, Zach and Jeremy, who don't have a lot in common, and who have wives that don't seem to get along. 

An aside - if Jer and Auj are put out that they're somehow no longer in the running for the farm, they only have themselves to blame. Matt's been obvious in how he wants Jeremy to take over and has even asked him and Jeremy has always been not ready yet.

It sounded like Amy thought it would be Jer and looked a little surprised that it was Zach..... Unfortunately we don't know but something must have changed because for the longest time Jer was the heir apparent and would talk about moving into the big house and running the place while Zach always said he didn't want it.

I wish they'd drop the Amy and Matt squabbling storyline and flesh out exactly how or why Zach and Tori changed their minds (if they did)

ln the preview it looks like there's further discussion so maybe we'll get a better idea of what's going on.  👍

• Love 2

I guess there's always the possibility that TLC said "no" to Jer and Auj because they aren't Little people.

Maybe it's like other TLC shows where they've assisted with purchasing houses or helping with that type of thing to keep a series going, apparently they stepped in and helped the Duggar family with their big house and I think they did something similar for the Gosselins on John & Kate plus 8 with the big house they purchased.

I'm kind of suspicious how Zach could suddenly afford to buy the big house without help from TLC.

If that's the case I can see Jer and Auj feeling jealous or pissed off even though they don't want to be on the show.

Hopefully they'll enlighten us in future episodes. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Unfortunately we don't know but something must have changed because for the longest time Jer was the heir apparent and would talk about moving into the big house and running the place while Zach always said he didn't want it.

It might be as simple as "its a storyline for the show". Based on their social media Jeremy doesn't seem to have any falling out with Matt and in fact maintains an office on the farm property, stores his various extra cars there and he and the wife bring the kids over. 

But he's not on the show so you can't really make a story about someone who doesn't want to be filmed so presto majesto suddenly Zach is vaguely interested in the farm for a storyline. 

They really need a better plot than "Matt and Amy argue about the farm again" but so far we've got "For some vague reason Matt hires someone to do Zach's holiday lights and lights them".

3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I guess there's always the possibility that TLC said "no" to Jer and Auj because they aren't Little people.

I actually can't see Matt bowing to the will of TLC over who "gets the farm". I do think Jer and Auj left the show because they wanted more air time for their businesses and got told "you're not little people on a show about little people".

5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

apparently they stepped in and helped the Duggar family with their big house and I think they did something similar for the Gosselins on John & Kate plus 8 with the big house they purchased.

Sure, but the Duggars and the Gosselins were much more financially beholden to TLC. Unless maybe Matt had to sign off on certain things in order to get the funds to buy Amy out (667k last year, and 975k this year is a lot of coin for Matt to throw down) but Matt did seem to get a mortgage for 825k so not sure if TLC has their fingers that deeply in the pie.

It's almost a year later and the big house sits empty so the story doesn't seem to resolve with Zach buying the farm.

• Useful 3
13 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Sure, but the Duggars and the Gosselins were much more financially beholden to TLC. Unless maybe Matt had to sign off on certain things in order to get the funds to buy Amy out (667k last year, and 975k this year is a lot of coin for Matt to throw down) but Matt did seem to get a mortgage for 825k so not sure if TLC has their fingers that deeply in the pie.

It's almost a year later and the big house sits empty so the story doesn't seem to resolve with Zach buying the farm.

I'm not real familiar with the Duggar or Gosselin details because I kind of bailed on both shows right around the time that the big houses became a big part of the story.... Since then I've started to follow the Duggars again but I have zero interest in Kate and whatever she's up to.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt needed an infusion of cash to do the 2ND buy out with Amy.... That's a lot of money to mortgage or borrow the conventual way etc.... I'd love to know how he pulled it off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was nervous as hell watching this.

Instead of just coaching from the sidelines how about putting a pillow on the floor behind Lilah in case Jackson messes up and she falls backwards.

I like Zach and Tori but this kind of stuff drives me nut!

Zach seems to enjoy doing this kind of stupid shit plus i notice that he edited the original video and removed the scariest part at the end

Edited by Dustbunny
pic

Scary video, I thought it was just me.  The way he had his hands near her neck and then pushing her around like a doll or toy made me nervous.  The baby is top heavy with her head being so large.  I thought she was going down at one point.  Zach and Tori keep convincing me they are stupid.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Scary video, I thought it was just me.  The way he had his hands near her neck and then pushing her around like a doll or toy made me nervous.  The baby is top heavy with her head being so large.  I thought she was going down at one point.  Zach and Tori keep convincing me they are stupid.  

Exactly, at one point near the end Jackson let's go of her completely for a second and even Zach's voice changed.. She was starting to topple but Jackson managed to grasp on to her again meanwhile I had a slight heart attack.

She's so top heavy and can't sit on her own at all and Jackson is too young and has his own physical limitations..... Another stupid idea from Zach. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the endless discussions about the baby being in pain are just for the cameras, and they actually take the kid to the doctor instead of dithering around and discussing things.  

I'm wondering if she has reflux.  My son was about 2 months old when he would seem uncomfortable often and spit up all the time.  

• Useful 2
On 10/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, Absolom said:

Teachers who can't do simple the kids and I not me and our kids.

YES. This annoys me so much. She was a teacher!  And I hate how she says “like” every third or fourth word. During the last episode, I mentioned this to my 16 year old. We started counting how many times Tori said “like.”  With 5 minutes we stopped counting around twelve times. Zach is not much better. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Tori posted this, obviously it is all superimposed. Notice how she stuck Lilah in but not Bode.  She probably doesn’t even has a picture of him.  Chris and Caryn absent too!

DD07B7D3-8165-4F76-AE58-7C67CB4BF00D.jpeg

I wonder what's going on with that??

There's been rumors of a rift between the 2 couples and this adds fuel to the fire!

Go Tori, Go! 😀

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I don't understand the posted picture above, the lack of information and context about it.

Tori didn’t explain, but maybe there will not be a new picture this year of the family at pumpkin season, so she made her own?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I would come to a better understanding of the cut and pasted picture that confused me if you, @ginger90, are saying that it also came from the roloffsupdate garbage account. Otherwise, that post still confuses me.

I hate that she is having to deal with this. I know, it goes with the territory, but hopefully it will stop.

The first picture from Roloff updates is from the garbage account.

The second one is on Tori’s actual Instagram account, as a screenshot she took, of the garbage account.

As far as me posting them, they are both screenshots taken by me.

Clear as mud now? 😁

• Love 1

Tori posted this on Instagram along with a pic of her and Lilah.  This sentence stood out to me...We’ve had some pretty rough stuff hit our house the last two months and I struggle with having to attend doctors or medical appointments alone.  Hopefully it means Zach is working full time and not anything else.

0896ABB9-6D18-4744-9C81-DED85AFE2EAF.jpeg

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

We’ve had some pretty rough stuff hit our house the last two months and I struggle with having to attend doctors or medical appointments alone.  Hopefully it means Zach is working full time and not anything else.

Because most places only allow one parent in with a child and adults can't take anyone in with them so Tori is attending her appointments by herself and she's the one taking the kids to medical appointments or ER by herself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Jer said for years that he and Auj weren’t interested in taking on Farm roles for a long time. So, if Zach did what’s the problem? I’ll not read anything into it. The Farm is large enough for them all. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I don't understand what is so difficult to take your children to the doctor YOURSELF? When my two boys were children, my husband was WORKING all day and every day. It was me, who was at home who took our children to any and all appointments they had. How and why is this so difficult to do by yourself? Not finger pointing, but genuinely asking "why?".

• Love 7
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand what is so difficult to take your children to the doctor YOURSELF? When my two boys were children, my husband was WORKING all day and every day. It was me, who was at home who took our children to any and all appointments they had. How and why is this so difficult to do by yourself? Not finger pointing, but genuinely asking "why?".

I’m just guessing she feels it hard dealing with seemingly never ending pandemic and I imagine having two special needs kids  often has her wondering what the doctors will tell her.  For all his apparent cluelessness I’m guessing she feels a comfort with Zach being there because he will have dealt with a lot of their issues and can put her feelings somewhat at ease.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m just guessing she feels it hard dealing with seemingly never ending pandemic and I imagine having two special needs kids  often has her wondering what the doctors will tell her.  For all his apparent cluelessness I’m guessing she feels a comfort with Zach being there because he will have dealt with a lot of their issues and can put her feelings somewhat at ease.

And I don't think she's talking about routine doctor appointments for well baby visits, etc.  She specifically talks about the "pretty rough shit" over the past couple of months.  

As someone said above, many doctors are only allowing one parent for each child patient, so - on top of the understandable fear for the child's welfare - this pandemic is dictating new terms.  "You HAVE to do this alone.  Even if the test results are horrible, you HAVE to hear them alone."

I feel badly for all parents of dependent children dealing with all the pandemic restrictions . . . school closures, social distancing requirements, etc.  To have an ill child on top of everything else must be horrible.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Plus, if it’s not just a routine well-visit, Zach may know of questions to ask due to his own experience with dwarfism and its complications that Tori might not know to ask.  

Sometimes, too we parents of kids with medical conditions need a little extra support.  I always took my boys to their well visits and for run-of-the-mill sick visits, but my father always came to my sons’ Remicade infusions, bringing donuts and games and lots of love.  It was one of the kindest things he’s ever done for me and I’ll never forget it.  I could have taken my sons by myself, but it was such a comfort to have him there.  

• Love 12

Do the stars of TLC shows ever meet?  Dr. Jen Arnold would seem to be a good person for Zack and Tori to meet.  Jen is a woman with darfism who has had many health challenges and still built a career and family.  Tori seems extra concened about having a daughter with dwarfism.  Jen Arnold would be a good role model from outside the family for Lilah.   Not that  Amy couldn't be a role model.   It doesn't hurt to have many.   

I wonder if Zack and Tory have taken their children to see the medical experts the Klein children visit.  It would make an interesting episode and I'm sure TLC could help foot the bill.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 10/25/2020 at 12:47 PM, beagletime said:

Do the stars of TLC shows ever meet?  Dr. Jen Arnold would seem to be a good person for Zack and Tori to meet.  Jen is a woman with darfism who has had many health challenges and still built a career and family.  Tori seems extra concened about having a daughter with dwarfism.  Jen Arnold would be a good role model from outside the family for Lilah.   Not that  Amy couldn't be a role model.   It doesn't hurt to have many.   

I wonder if Zack and Tory have taken their children to see the medical experts the Klein children visit.  It would make an interesting episode and I'm sure TLC could help foot the bill.  

They're all familiar with each other,

The Arnold/Klein family have Matts step stools and they've referred to the Rollof's in the past and the same for the Johnstons.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2020 at 9:20 AM, AZChristian said:

And I don't think she's talking about routine doctor appointments for well baby visits, etc.  She specifically talks about the "pretty rough shit" over the past couple of months.  

As someone said above, many doctors are only allowing one parent for each child patient, so - on top of the understandable fear for the child's welfare - this pandemic is dictating new terms.  "You HAVE to do this alone.  Even if the test results are horrible, you HAVE to hear them alone."

I feel badly for all parents of dependent children dealing with all the pandemic restrictions . . . school closures, social distancing requirements, etc.  To have an ill child on top of everything else must be horrible.

Seems like provisions would be made for the other parent to attend via technology.

• Useful 3

We've never owned a really large dog like Murphy and I'm wondering if they are feeding him enough?

Tori is promoting another product, dog food and she says Murphy gets 2 of these a day as his food,

She goes on about how excited he is and how much he likes this food because he gobbles it up like crazy... we have two small dogs and if we only fed them twice a day I'm sure they'd be excited and gobble up anything in the bowl.

rsz_screenshot_1953.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Murphy looks fine to me. A great many people make the mistake of overfeeding their pets, especially working breeds that aren't working, just lying around the house all day looking decorative. Also, remember that they are hawking a product. They may well feed one of those pouches along with whatever else they give the dog.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

Also, remember that they are hawking a product. They may well feed one of those pouches along with whatever else they give the dog.

I agree.  For all we know, they don't even feed Murphy any of those pouches and give him a different food altogether!  I never believe any of these paid endorsement deals.  And it always makes me side-eye the company, too.  I would actually go out of my way not to buy a brand that chooses to pay TLC personalities to peddle their merch.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I agree.  For all we know, they don't even feed Murphy any of those pouches and give him a different food altogether!  I never believe any of these paid endorsement deals.  And it always makes me side-eye the company, too.  I would actually go out of my way not to buy a brand that chooses to pay TLC personalities to peddle their merch.

It's a video and he can barely wait for Tori to open the pouch and keeps bumping and nudging Tori as she explains that he absolutely loves this food and can't wait to gobble it up...she also says that Murphy is allergic to poultry so they only feed him the lamb and just 2 pouches a day.

He definitely eats it because we see him eat it on the video.

• Love 6