Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

Tori was selling her old clothes someplace online, I didn’t pay enough attention to notice the name of the site.  I don’t think she is stylish at all, who would want her old crap?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Tori was selling her old clothes someplace online, I didn’t pay enough attention to notice the name of the site.  I don’t think she is stylish at all, who would want her old crap?

I checked out the stuff she had for sale.. Most of it was baggy, boring and drab.

She had used jeans priced at $90

I know jeans can be pricey but I'd rather spend a few more dollars and buy a new pair than spend $90 on someone else's used pants.

Maybe some people buy her clothes because they think she's a celebrity?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe some people buy her clothes because they think she's a celebrity?

We love it if we're watching a movie or TV show that has been filmed somewhere we've been.  However, we would not really want to buy used clothes, just hoping that someone on a reality show once wore them on the air.  LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Agreed... JMO but Tori is not someone who seems very fashionable, she always looks very casual and rarely wears any bright colors or accessories.

I took a peek at the items she listed and didn't see anything I'd want, very basic jeans, t-shirts, a dark jacket that looked worn, in my opinion her prices were a little high but people were buying so what do i know. lol

• Love 3

I wonder if sometimes she does get depressed thinking about the struggles ahead for her children.  It is not going to be easy for them.  Both her husband and in-laws know this as well, as they lived it.  Again another situation of trying to convince herself with the public posts about how great everything is going, IDK, maybe things are great.   Kids can be mean, I hate to think of her kids getting picked on and bothered like Amy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if sometimes she does get depressed thinking about the struggles ahead for her children.  It is not going to be easy for them.  Both her husband and in-laws know this as well, as they lived it.  Again another situation of trying to convince herself with the public posts about how great everything is going, IDK, maybe things are great.   Kids can be mean, I hate to think of her kids getting picked on and bothered like Amy.

I think Amy was bullied in public school and that's why her kids (Zach in particular attended private school)

IIRC Zach said he wasn't really bullied so I'm thinking that Jackson and lilah will probably attend the same school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/9/2020 at 7:35 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I think Amy was bullied in public school and that's why her kids (Zach in particular attended private school)

IIRC Zach said he wasn't really bullied so I'm thinking that Jackson and lilah will probably attend the same school.

I think it probably helped that Jeremy was in the same grade as he was and was average height; plus Roloff Farms seemed to be a place where all the kids could come and cause havoc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it probably helped that Jeremy was in the same grade as he was and was average height; plus Roloff Farms seemed to be a place where all the kids could come and cause havoc.

Maybe that is why Amy allowed it so Zach would be accepted if kids thought they could basically have an unsupervised blast at his house and farm.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6
On 8/4/2020 at 5:36 PM, Dustbunny said:

Jer and Auj have Bode Bear in a walker 😐

rsz_screenshot_1302.jpg

I'm not sure where this photo was taken, but, the walker is dangerous for multiple reasons, and one is due to the child getting close to dangerous things like steps, sharp objects, and HOT things.  Kelly Rippi had her glass fireplace cover explode due to heat.  She made it clear that she was unaware of how that glass is not meant to contain fire heat.  If a child were near it, it would be very unsafe.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kelly-ripa-apos-fireplace-scare-194702522.html

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

It sounds like Kelly Ripa wasn’t aware that you are supposed to keep the glass doors open when you have a fire going. I wouldn’t bet that Jer and Auj know that.

We had a Valor gas fireplace in our last home,  it was installed by the contractor when the house was built... no glass doors to open just a solid glass sealed unit.

I used it every morning during the colder months just to take the chill out of the room and never had a problem.

One day it exploded with such force it sounded like a nuclear bomb had gone off in our living room, there were big shards of glass stuck into the wood coffee table they were embedded about half an inch deep into the wood and tiny shards of glass stuck into the wall on the other side of the room and basically glass stuck everywhere.. into upholstery etc

I was lucky because my normal morning routine I would put our baby in his little seat next to me while I watched morning news on TV and drank my coffee but he slept in this day and was still in his crib... I wound up with shards of glass all stuck deep in my calves and shins, blood dripping everywhere., thank goodness it blew straight across so the glass shards were all about 2ft high or lower otherwise it would have sprayed my upper body and face.

when it first happened I honestly didn't know what was going on, in fact I thought someone shot a gun through our front window but then I quickly realized that the fireplace blew up.. so I called 911 and hubby at work.

Hubby raced home and by then the ambulance was taking me to hospital, the gas company was there and a representative for Valor Fireplaces arrived about an hour later... the gas company conducted a full investigation and we wound up settling out of court with Valor and I still have little scars all over my calves/shins.

I don't know what would have happened if our baby son had been up because he would have been right at the same level as my legs while sitting in his little seat on floor.... that glass would have torn him up... so scary.

Until then we  had no idea that Valor fireplaces could explode.... they said it was a freak accident etc. and offered us a new unit because the new models had blowout doors on the bottom so if the pressure builds up it has an escape route instead of blowing out the glass.... we said NO THANKS and switched to a regular fireplace instead of the sealed unit.

Ever since that morning I haven't been a big fan of gas fireplaces... when we built our current home we put in several fireplaces and they're all wood burning.

5 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

We had a Valor gas fireplace in our last home,  it was installed by the contractor when the house was built... no glass doors to open just a solid glass sealed unit.

I used it every morning during the colder months just to take the chill out of the room and never had a problem.

One day it exploded with such force it sounded like a nuclear bomb had gone off in our living room, there were big shards of glass stuck into the wood coffee table they were embedded about half an inch deep into the wood and tiny shards of glass stuck into the wall on the other side of the room and basically glass stuck everywhere.. into upholstery etc

I was lucky because my normal morning routine I would put our baby in his little seat next to me while I watched morning news on TV and drank my coffee but he slept in this day and was still in his crib... I wound up with shards of glass all stuck deep in my calves and shins, blood dripping everywhere., thank goodness it blew straight across so the glass shards were all about 2ft high or lower otherwise it would have sprayed my upper body and face.

when it first happened I honestly didn't know what was going on, in fact I thought someone shot a gun through our front window but then I quickly realized that the fireplace blew up.. so I called 911 and hubby at work.

Hubby raced home and by then the ambulance was taking me to hospital, the gas company was there and a representative for Valor Fireplaces arrived about an hour later... the gas company conducted a full investigation and we wound up settling out of court with Valor and I still have little scars all over my calves/shins.

I don't know what would have happened if our baby son had been up because he would have been right at the same level as my legs while sitting in his little seat on floor.... that glass would have torn him up... so scary.

Until then we  had no idea that Valor fireplaces could explode.... they said it was a freak accident etc. and offered us a new unit because the new models had blowout doors on the bottom so if the pressure builds up it has an escape route instead of blowing out the glass.... we said NO THANKS and switched to a regular fireplace instead of the sealed unit.

Ever since that morning I haven't been a big fan of gas fireplaces... when we built our current home we put in several fireplaces and they're all wood burning.

Wow!.... Sorry to hear of your injuries and thank goodness your baby wasn't in the room.

I watched a YouTube video of a man describing the exact same thing happening with his sealed unit type gas fireplace, he had pics and they were horrendous, the shards of glass were everywhere.. He'd been standing directly in front of it and had just stepped away or he would have had injuries like yours.. His exploded with such force that the metal frame was all bent outwards!

I hope Jer and Auj are aware of keeping the doors to theirs open when having a fire. 🔥 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wow!.... Sorry to hear of your injuries and thank goodness your baby wasn't in the room.

I watched a YouTube video of a man describing the exact same thing happening with his sealed unit type gas fireplace, he had pics and they were horrendous, the shards of glass were everywhere.. He'd been standing directly in front of it and had just stepped away or he would have had injuries like yours.. His exploded with such force that the metal frame was all bent outwards!

I hope Jer and Auj are aware of keeping the doors to theirs open when having a fire. 🔥 

Thanks Joan! ❤️

I've also watched that man's youtube video because it's exactly what happened to me, he says how he couldn't think straight at first because he didn't know what had happened and I think he mentions how his ears were ringing,,I couldn't hear properly after ours exploded, just a loud ringing in my ears, took a while to go away.

anyways back on subject.. looks like the new season starts on Sept 29

I can't wait to see if there's any new decisions regarding the farm house and Amy's (never gonna happen) wedding

Will Chris wake-up and realize what he's done? 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I admit that I don’t know much about the market in Oregon, but $850 for use of the venue seems fair. The pictures will likely be really pretty if you’re into that rustic rural look- I’ve seen Tori take nice photos.

I think a lot of couples would prefer a small ceremony than just eloping and waiting for however long we have to wait until more traditional size receptions are safe again. 

• Love 3

Is it just for a ceremony? What about a reception with food and drinks.  If Amy is involved and doing the catering, run in the other direction.  I would imagine, Zach and Tori have to cut Matt and Amy in on the profits.  Gotta love these people finding ways not get a regular 9 to 5 job.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Is it just for a ceremony? What about a reception with food and drinks.  If Amy is involved and doing the catering, run in the other direction.  

Regarding the bolding . . . if Amy is doing the catering, $850 is way too much.  LOL.

Seriously, $850 isn't bad for just the venue.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Is it just for a ceremony? What about a reception with food and drinks.  If Amy is involved and doing the catering, run in the other direction.  I would imagine, Zach and Tori have to cut Matt and Amy in on the profits.  Gotta love these people finding ways not get a regular 9 to 5 job.  

Just for the venue for two hours. Would likely be for someone who wanted to have a ceremony and cake/photos afterwards, and not a full reception. 25 ppl max. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

The venues I have been to (I don't think anyone does a church/fellowship hall wedding anymore??)

Over on the Duggar board we see those kinds of weddings all the time. But I think they are much more popular in the south compared to the Pacific Northwest. Again I’ve never been to Oregon but I think the barn/rustic style is very popular there. 

And with Covid-19 restrictions I think smaller more intimate parties may be the norm for a while. 

With the land they have I think it’s a good idea. 

On 8/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it seems she's all about the way things look.... aesthetics, but, not the basics and core of the matter like health and safety.  There are FIVE safety concerns regarding their children just based on their media postings.  It's outrageous. 

Isn't that what life is all about, what looks good on the 'gram?

• Love 1

I wonder if lilah konked her head or if she had a procedure?

Someone immediately pointed out the absence of masks and social distancing and Tori was a little snippy and thanked the person for their concern and then a sunami of tori fantards attacked like a pack of wolves because how dare someone question her decisions. 🙄

• Love 1
On 8/15/2020 at 9:39 AM, ginger90 said:

Thanks for the link @Scarlett45 .

I see they’re charging for chairs (which are stated to be included in the list 🤷🏼‍♀️) and tables:

759B310E-996E-4DDC-B180-6A6E857AFFC8.jpeg

FCE61D24-25E5-49ED-8997-9548B3B1D3D6.jpeg

a couple of years ago at our son's wedding the church pews were not included in price, it was extra as was some of the vintage tables used for display. 

bless her heart, that baby looks just like Amy Roloff 😕

• Love 4

Lilah is cute as a button and a sweet little baby but I can't help but feel some anguish knowing the challenges etc in her future.... Same goes for Jackson, he's a cute Lil guy and has a great personality, very witty and quick but he'll no doubt have surgeries and other problems to deal with on top of everything else that life throws at you.

I feel conflicted about the idea of having children when you know there's a very good chance that they'll most likely have a life of special needs and medical procedures in their future. 

I guess Zach must feel like it's worth it considering he's been down that path himself.

Tori always seems more worried about it than Zach.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think he assumes it’s the mom’s responsibility to worry about it/have to deal with the issues. I’m sure Zack worries about it but in more of an abstract way not, something that he’s going to be responsible for dealing with. That seems to be how it was with Matt and Amy, and I think Zach is  mirroring that with Tori. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, MargeGunderson said:

I think he assumes it’s the mom’s responsibility to worry about it/have to deal with the issues. I’m sure Zack worries about it but in more of an abstract way not, something that he’s going to be responsible for dealing with. That seems to be how it was with Matt and Amy, and I think Zach is  mirroring that with Tori. 

I do also think Matt & Amy’s different perspectives are rooted not only in gender and parenting roles but lived experiences related to their dwarfism. Amy has had relatively few medical complications related to her dwarfism while Matt had a “large” number. Matt’s lived experiences gave him a “well I survived”, coming from the social milieu they came from Amy knows she was fortunate (medically) and was more prone to worry. 

As an average height person Tori hasn’t lived this experience and is thus more unsure about what the future holds. (As any one could be, no one has a crystal ball). Zach has and felt having biological children was important to him and he could guide the kids through it. It’s similar but different to a white parent having children of color and being terrified of the prejudice and discrimination they may face, while their parent of color may be like “well this is just life”.

I follow this author and speaker Keah Brown who talks about how she didn’t have anyone in her life to help her navigate life as disabled person (because she’s the only person in her family with a disability), like Zach Lilah & Jackson will have their dad and grandparents, compared to Amy & Matt who grew up in an average height family. 

**Amending to add Matt has an dwarf brother, but a peer sibling isn’t the same as an elder in the family who has wisdom about a situation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Just from looking at the previews, when your child is in pain, then go to the doctor, don't sit there whining on camera and saying your child should go to the ER.    Just go, and don't sit there dithering about it.   I'm hoping the filming was a separate time from the actual ER visit.  

• Love 5

Tori needs to buy headbands with a soft wide band.

Maddie on Sister Wives has a baby girl and she puts the wide bands with bows on her baby Evie and they're actually quite flattering especially for a baby like Lilah with a large head and very little hair.

The wide bands don't dig into the skin like the skinny elastic bands and they look so much better.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Tori needs to buy headbands with a soft wide band.

Maddie on Sister Wives has a baby girl and she puts the wide bands with bows on her baby Evie and they're actually quite flattering especially for a baby like Lilah with a large head and very little hair.

The wide bands don't dig into the skin like the skinny elastic bands and they look so much better.

I'm in total agreement Joan, here's Evie in her adorable bow headband looking cute as a button.

Lilah would look so much better with this type of headband and it wouldn't dig into her skull.

evie1.jpg

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I'm in total agreement Joan, here's Evie in her adorable bow headband looking cute as a button.

Lilah would look so much better with this type of headband and it wouldn't dig into her skull.

evie1.jpg

Looks like a baby picture of Kody Brown with a hair bow.

• LOL 7