Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Ok, so I’ve never been to any Disney park, but going with a toddler and a very tiny baby just seems like a nightmare and waste of money. Just going to the state fair with my 2 yr old stressed me out. 😂

We first went when my daughter was 3 and was definitely a much different experience than when we went back at age 10. 🙂 I cannot imagine doing a trip like that with an infant for a variety of reasons. We actually have friends and family members that have gone for a few days with their older kids and left the baby home with a grandparent. But hey everyone is different so if it works for you I don’t begrudge anyone 

• Love 2

My now ex-BIL and his parents go to Disney world 2 times a year.  They bought a time share after my sister married into the family (clue #1 these people were cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs). They have been doing these biannual trips since my oldest niece was 3 months old.  Her little sister is only 14 mos younger, and having 2 babies in diapers was not a deterrent to getting on a plane twice a year.  My sister went along with this insanity for a few years until she became ill and couldn’t travel for a couple of years.  But even that didn’t stop the ex BIL and his parents.  My sister divorced the Disney Dope when the girls were 7 & 8, so she escaped the madness.  The girls are now 13 & 14 and they still go twice a year.  A few years they even went an extra time so the kids “could experience the magic of a Disney Christmas”.  I think the kids were toddlers for one of those trips...neither remember the “magic”.  They both have told my sister they don’t want to go any more, or at least maybe cut back.  But Dopey and his parents, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, guilt those poor kids into going....”we are getting older! What if this is the LAST year we can do this as a family???”

Because of their idiocy, it really skewed my attitude toward Disney World.  We did take my daughter <<once>> when she was 5 for her birthday.  She had a ball and so did my husband and I.  She is 11 now & remembers a lot of the trip.  She was not in diapers, could walk around without a stroller, carry her own little backpack, and ate regular meals vs. baby food or bottles. Why anyone would do a trip like that with toddlers or infants is sheer madness to me.

And for what it’s worth, when I was there, I saw A LOT of over tired, cranky or frightened toddlers being dragged around the parks.  One mom was even screaming at her 3 year old for crying when Winnie the Pooh stopped at their table during a character meal. “Why are you crying?!? You love Pooh!! We spent a fortune to eat here so you could see Pooh!  Take a picture with Pooh!”  I think even Pooh was ready to call the authorities.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

My now ex-BIL and his parents go to Disney world 2 times a year.  They bought a time share after my sister married into the family (clue #1 these people were cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs). They have been doing these biannual trips since my oldest niece was 3 months old.  Her little sister is only 14 mos younger, and having 2 babies in diapers was not a deterrent to getting on a plane twice a year.  My sister went along with this insanity for a few years until she became ill and couldn’t travel for a couple of years.  But even that didn’t stop the ex BIL and his parents.  My sister divorced the Disney Dope when the girls were 7 & 8, so she escaped the madness.  The girls are now 13 & 14 and they still go twice a year.  A few years they even went an extra time so the kids “could experience the magic of a Disney Christmas”.  I think the kids were toddlers for one of those trips...neither remember the “magic”.  They both have told my sister they don’t want to go any more, or at least maybe cut back.  But Dopey and his parents, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, guilt those poor kids into going....”we are getting older! What if this is the LAST year we can do this as a family???”

Because of their idiocy, it really skewed my attitude toward Disney World.  We did take my daughter <<once>> when she was 5 for her birthday.  She had a ball and so did my husband and I.  She is 11 now & remembers a lot of the trip.  She was not in diapers, could walk around without a stroller, carry her own little backpack, and ate regular meals vs. baby food or bottles. Why anyone would do a trip like that with toddlers or infants is sheer madness to me.

And for what it’s worth, when I was there, I saw A LOT of over tired, cranky or frightened toddlers being dragged around the parks.  One mom was even screaming at her 3 year old for crying when Winnie the Pooh stopped at their table during a character meal. “Why are you crying?!? You love Pooh!! We spent a fortune to eat here so you could see Pooh!  Take a picture with Pooh!”  I think even Pooh was ready to call the authorities.

All of this is exactly why I won’t be taking my daughter until she asks to go. We even have an in to score free tickets, but we’re just not ready for it. Seems way overwhelming for a lot of littles. 

• Love 7

Tori is the one that loves Disney World, you can just tell it is all about her having a good time. She has to know that Jackson will not remember it.  Not sure why anyone would take a 2 month old baby on a flight (lots of germs on planes)  and walk around a crowded  theme park for 6 days, but I guess Tori wanted to enjoy herself.  It was probably all on Matt's dime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I live close by to Disney. I see tired, dragged around young children there all the time. It's wise to wait until the kids can enjoy it too. They can't keep up with an adult's pace. I would think Tori and Zach taking such young children there is more work for them than it really is enjoyment. I know they start to pay at 3 years old....but, really. They can afford it.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Pet peeve: Can a learned grammar expert please tell me when did the phrase " so fun" become correct? Isn't the phrase "so MUCH fun" correct? Thank you.  This has bothered me for some time now. 

Traditionally, “fun” is a noun.  Informally, “so fun” may be acceptable, but that does not make it correct. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Pet peeve: Can a learned grammar expert please tell me when did the phrase " so fun" become correct? Isn't the phrase "so MUCH fun" correct? Thank you.  This has bothered me for some time now. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Traditionally, “fun” is a noun.  Informally, “so fun” may be acceptable, but that does not make it correct. 😁

Just took a screen shot of this from thesaurus.com.  If you just put the word "so" in front of each of these synonyms, it makes "so fun" sound acceptable.  

I have pet peeves about language as well.  It takes everything in the core of my being NOT to correct "I could care less" whenever I see or hear someone use it.  Even so, I've been known to split infinitives on a daily basis.

Capture.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

Right about the time super became the other word to stick in front of things.  Super fun. Super interesting, super exciting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Thank you all for the insight on 'fun'. Another peeve:  "Where are you AT"? Never end a sentence with 'at'. It is preposition. Where are you? is correct.

Sometimes the "are" is left out and it is reduced to "Where you AT"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, LucyEth said:

Tori is the one that loves Disney World, you can just tell it is all about her having a good time. She has to know that Jackson will not remember it.  Not sure why anyone would take a 2 month old baby on a flight (lots of germs on planes)  and walk around a crowded  theme park for 6 days, but I guess Tori wanted to enjoy herself.  It was probably all on Matt's dime.

I'll start off by saying I LIKE Tori and Zach... but some things are just dumb.

Big surprise...BOTH the kids are SICK.. And Lilah is the worst all stuffed up and suffering, fever, cough.. Ridiculous.

I really don't understand the logic behind dragging a toddler and new baby to Disneyland for a WEEK.  🙄

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I really don't understand the logic behind dragging a toddler and new baby to Disneyland for a WEEK.  🙄

Tori likes it, it's about her not kids and Matt probably paid.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Tori likes it, it's about her not kids and Matt probably paid.

It can also be because Tori likes it, wants to share it with her kids, and doesn't have to worry about being practical because Matt's paying.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

It can also be because Tori likes it, wants to share it with her kids, and doesn't have to worry about being practical because Matt's paying.

Or it could be that Zach and Tori paid their own way because they don't spend all their money on essential oils and hiring nannies and assistants.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Or it could be that Zach and Tori paid their own way because they don't spend all their money on essential oils and hiring nannies and assistants. 

Absolutely!  While it wasn't my choice to take my kids to Disney when they were tiny, I don't see anything wrong with those who do.  I'm kinda frugal, though, and only intended on taking my kids to Disney once, so it had to be when they were old enough to remember it, lol.  I live in MD and know people who go a couple of times a year, even with little kids.  It was fine when we went, but ultimately, I didn't find it to be  "magical" or worth the expense and trouble, especially with all the national parks to explore.  I know I'm obviously in the minority.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I know I'm obviously in the minority.

We live closer to Anaheim, so when we "do Disney," it's at the original Disneyland.  I find it less exhausting than Disney World (one trip there was enough for me).

As we are now retired, we have more freedom to travel, but less money.  If I'm going back to anywhere we've already been, I'm on the next cruise ship to Alaska!!!  (6 trips down, 1 more already booked, and 1 in the "probable" box for next year)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was recently in south FL and get how nice it is and how you might want to vaca there in the winter months, however, with an infant and toddler, I would be alarmed with the germs as others have stated upthread.  The airport and planes were full of coughing people and with this being flu season.......not worth the risks, imo, for children.  NC has had more than too many deaths from the flu. I know many people personally, who have had it this season.  But, I have been called a germophobe by more than a few people, though, I only scored 49% germophobe on a recent quiz.  lol 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

. . . with an infant and toddler, I would be alarmed with the germs as others have stated upthread.  

I (at 73) am more likely to avoid crowded places BECAUSE of infants and young children.  Any parent of a young children has to face their kids coming home from school with germs they picked up from another kid, and then the rest of the family gets sick.

My last trip to the Grand Canyon on the train, there was a nice young family sitting in front of my friend and me.  Their 4-year-old kept hanging over the seat into our space . . . with snot running down from his nose to his lip.  My friend and I BOTH got nasty colds at the same time, and we both point to that kid as the source of contagion.

And I wear a mask on flights now (have done so for years) because I was tired of getting sick right after deplaning.  I also swab down the area around my seat with a Clorox wipe as soon as I board.  Haven't gotten sick (knock on wood) since starting that, and when I'm swabbing, there always seems to be a flight attendant who approaches me and says, "You're the smartest person on the plane."

Yep.  I guess I'm a germaphobe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It's funny, I thought of a mask, but, decided not to. I saw some people with them on though.  It was just before the Corono virus outbreak. I definitely would wear one if flying now.  And, I forgot my wipes for the wipe down of the tray table. But, I did wash my hands A LOT the entire trip and used sanitizer. I got a sinus infection, but, I don't think that's something that I caught. 

• Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, readheaded said:

As they say, don’t yuck someone’s yum. I had an uncle who criticized my frequent Disney trips because “once you’ve seen it why go again?” I pointed out that Disney is constantly changing, you can’t see everything in one trip, and he went to the same beach every year for 30 years. 

I have to laugh when people say adults are too old to enjoy the parks and kids are too young. It’s really for everyone. 

Well, it was.  These days I’m priced out, sadly. 😕

• Love 2

My daughter in law ( and her many siblings)  are Disney crazy so I took her my son and 2 little ones on their first trip as a family to honor my late husband.  I’m not a Disney person at all and firmly believe that Temple Grandin was instrumental in gate/ line design layout.   The daily pace was brutal making it to a Breakfast reservation in the park at 7:30.  I’m actually amazed how much the then 3 1/2 year old remembers  from the trip even naming a ride he couldn’t go on as his favorite. In my case I’m hoping he always remembers the trip gram took them on.  I’d rather indulge with a beach a pool and drinks with umbrellas fetched for me.  They get lots of trips and have built in babysitters so I can see why they went and will go many more times.  Didn’t they take him as a infant then to Catalina? I remember scratching my head about that. 

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's funny, I thought of a mask, but, decided not to. I saw some people with them on though.  It was just before the Corono virus outbreak. I definitely would wear one if flying now.  And, I forgot my wipes for the wipe down of the tray table. But, I did wash my hands A LOT the entire trip and used sanitizer. I got a sinus infection, but, I don't think that's something that I caught. 

I ALWAYS get sinus infections during or right after trips. So in September I went on a trip with my germaphobe friend, she showed me how to wipe everything down and i used hand sanitizer like mofo. I can't remember if I got sick after that trip....if i did it was maybe a tiny cold but i'm thinking I didn't.   BUT in December I took another trip to Florida/Univeral studios where I got a nasty nasty sinus infection the year prior (i'm blaming the hand rails at the parks) so I did the same, wiped down everything and used hand sanitizer like crazy.  DIDN'T GET SICK!!!  First times in probably 3-4 years that i didn't get a nasty sinus cold from vacation.

I also inhale some oils right before the flight that are suppose to help with preventing illness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

(i'm blaming the hand rails at the parks) 

Funny that you mention that, I have a cousin that's a germ freak and whenever she goes to Disney or amusement parks she takes a pair of the cheap white cotton gloves, wears them for the day and throws them away as she leave the park.

She removes them to eat then washes her hands and puts them back on.

She also does wipe downs etc in general when she's out and about, I used to think she was kind of ridiculous but she rarely gets sick, meanwhile I regularly have sniffles or cough 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Funny that you mention that, I have a cousin that's a germ freak and whenever she goes to Disney or amusement parks she takes a pair of the cheap white cotton gloves, wears them for the day and throws them away as she leave the park.

She removes them to eat then washes her hands and puts them back on.

She also does wipe downs etc in general when she's out and about, I used to think she was kind of ridiculous but she rarely gets sick, meanwhile I regularly have sniffles or cough 🤔

See that's funny because I feel like my germaphobe friend gets sick fairly often - or maybe it's just her kids but normally I maybe get 2 colds a year. *Knock on wood* I think I'm going on since June without a cold.

But when I get one... dang.... they are BRUTAL. 

I also started taking a vitamin a 2-3 months ago that promotes energy and immune support so I'm currently attributing my good heath to that as everyone else around me as been getting or been around the flu. 

On 2/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, floridamom said:

Thank you all for the insight on 'fun'. Another peeve:  "Where are you AT"? Never end a sentence with 'at'. It is preposition. Where are you? is correct.

Two of my pet peeves "I had went" and  "we are pregnant" that implies the man is pregnant as well. There are others too, but these two really really annoy me.

Edited by Jenny8
  • Love 8

Jackson is very photogenic.  I could see him doing some print modeling for kids clothes, toys, whatever.  The modeling world is a lot more inclusive now.  Sometimes I'm amazed at how far our society has come.  And yet we still have so far to go.  Sigh.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Is it just me or does Jackson's hair look a little red, lol?

it looks very red in that picture....

I'm wondering if the red was turned up on the color filter or something because all the red in that pic seems a bit too bright/vibrant.

I've never noticed Jacksons being that red before.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, seasons said:

Interesting what was said about not being able to do life without Caryn. Wonder if amy helps out as much with her own grandchildren, if that factors into her #secondact.

I found that comment interesting too, the kids seem to really like Caryn. I also noticed the past two or three times Matt posted on Instagram, Amy posted shortly afterwards.

• Love 2
On 3/15/2020 at 11:52 PM, seasons said:

Interesting what was said about not being able to do life without Caryn. Wonder if amy helps out as much with her own grandchildren, if that factors into her #secondact.

Jer and Auj also fawn over Caryn... They seem to genuinely like her and enjoy her company.

They all seem very comfortable around Caryn and Matt as a couple... more so than secondact Amy and Chris.

JMO 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jer and Auj also fawn over Caryn... They seem to genuinely like her and enjoy her company.

They all seem very comfortable around Caryn and Matt as a couple... more so than secondact Amy and Chris.

JMO 

I'm not surprised given that they're all faker than a $3 bill. Schmoozers like each other because of all the ego stroking give one another.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Gosh, those are beautiful children.💕

Tori is so not a preachy douche like J&A are. 

I thought her comment about dressing Lilah in Jackson's old clothes may have been a "burn" comment to Audrey.  I seriously doubt Bodie is wearing any of Ember's old sleepers, even the not pink and frilly ones.