Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If they "love" Google Nest so much, why is it still in the box? And I guess she didn't take safety so "seriously" when she would have to pay for it herself.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:52 AM, CouchTater said:

I said the same thing the other day in the Maddie Brown forum (Sister Wives) and got smacked down for questioning it.  I honestly just wanted to know if it was a support issue in some way (I've never been pregnant), and people didn't like it.

I don’t get it either glad there are others.  It’s not a support thing because every pregnant woman this age and older cup their clothes under showing how big they are in both  professional photography as well as snaps.  I don’t understand the naked stomach documentation either, but I’m an old fart.  I was thrilled to be pregnant and wore maternity clothes before I really needed them ( said I was old) but wouldn’t think about exposing a protruding naked belly in the family album.  Maybe they should stencil what month they are on their belly.  We all got here the same way. Did I mention I’m old. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

She stated that she takes 'safety so seriously'....why then was that electrical outlet, well within

Jackson's reach not protected? I'm shaking my head.

Someone mentioned that on her Instagram and she responded that the outlets are protected - outlets are self-closing when not in use.  

• Useful 2

I really don’t see the big deal about the outlets. My youngest is three and I’ve never put outlet covers on. We did put the cabinet locks on some of the kitchen cabinets but by the time kid #2 came along they were taken off because they were a pain in the ass. My kids just never cared about outlets of cupboards. Perhaps Jackson is the same.

• Love 6

Millions of children around the world have survived without monitors, safety caps, cabinet locks, etc.  Should we be careful and keep an eye on our kids? Absolutely!

But most of the toddlers I see at home and out shopping are playing games on and staring at cell phones so the most evident concern is eye strain.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Lots of kids, including myself, have survived without a baby proofed home. But no doubt many did not, as there's a reason why we have these precautions in place. I don't see what the fuss is about getting some cheap outlet covers, cabinet locks, etc. They come in multi packs FFS.  And if she's got it covered, good for her. Baby proofing is so helpful, & of course proper supervision is always needed. But she'll have two now & it's not possible even with one to have all eyes on them every. single. second.- kids are too freakin' quick & it's not worth the risk IMO. They grow out of that stage in a few short years anyway.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

First thing I noticed in the photo.  🙂

I wonder if the hooks were put up when he was still in a crib and now that they’ve put the bed up, they just haven’t moved the hooks yet? 

• Useful 1

Somebody on Instragram left a detailed comment about how hooks above a crib can lead to a bad situation. I hope Tori read it and moved those things immediately. She should have noticed the problem immediately. I get the creeps just looking at a tragedy waiting to happen. 

I looked at the photo again. There's a space between the bed insert and the wall, so Jackson probably can't reach the back wall or the display above it. Still, small children manage to do things that look impossible. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Took a second look.
  • Love 6

I like Jackson's bed.  My son will be 2 this November and I think that bed could work for him.

Tori never went back to work after Jackson right?  So, I guess she at least plans to be a stay at home mom for a few more years with baby #2 on the way.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2019 at 10:00 AM, BradandJanet said:

Somebody on Instragram left a detailed comment about how hooks above a crib can lead to a bad situation. I hope Tori read it and moved those things immediately. She should have noticed the problem immediately. I get the creeps just looking at a tragedy waiting to happen. 

I looked at the photo again. There's a space between the bed insert and the wall, so Jackson probably can't reach the back wall or the display above it. Still, small children manage to do things that look impossible. 

I would freakin' HATE to have to parent my child in accordance with the whims of social media. Really, people. 

• Love 11
On 7/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, funky-rat said:

Kind of like how I dislike the recent increase in use of the term "Kiddo/Kiddos".  They're kids.  I don't get the cutesie stuff.  Similar to a few years ago, when it became a thing to add "dear" before "Daughter/Son/Husband/Wife/etc".  I knew people who would type posts and be all "My DS and my DH went to my DMIL's house while I went shopping with DD".  So many unnecessary "D's".  

I tend to use "kidlets" when referring to really young kids (the under-4 set, say). I have earned my rank as Master Curmudgeon, since I don't especially like kids these days; if I use a term like "kidlets", it truly is a term of affection or endearment since I generally refer to children as "your freakin' brats" or somesuch.

I do agree with that "nails on the chalkboard" feeling over the use of "babe-uh", "Bay" (or however the heck they want to spell this non-word; "Bae"?), and all the foolishness of DH, DYS, DD, and so on (unless you really do mean Dunkin Donut, then we can talk). 

Let's not get me started on social media feeding frenzies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, ginger90 said:

30D77FF8-E7C8-464B-AC2C-AFD5DB1249A6.jpeg

This ol' maman just needs to know - does this mower blow bubbles? 'Cause my son's little lawn mower blew bubbles as he pushed it along ( some 33 years ago). Some of these classic toys are still around, although updated a bit. I do get a kick out of exploring the toy department from time to time, noticing the Golden Oldies that have survived the test of time.

• Love 1

I had to stop following Tori on Instagram because of her constant selling of stuff she claims to love or use. I can see why manufacturers want to get their hands on these reality show people because they have so many followers. But it is just too much, especially in her stories. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, seasons said:

I had to stop following Tori on Instagram because of her constant selling of stuff she claims to love or use. I can see why manufacturers want to get their hands on these reality show people because they have so many followers. But it is just too much, especially in her stories. 

Audrey is far worse.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, seasons said:

It's annoying.  As soon as I see the story is to sell a bunch of crap, I close it.  

• Love 5
On 10/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, LucyEth said:

It's annoying.  As soon as I see the story is to sell a bunch of crap, I close it.  

I "muted" the Instagram stories of just about everyone I follow. Now I see a lot less product endorsements and stupid stuff in general. I really hate Instagram stories.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, ginger90 said:

Zach is pushing the mower on the left. Lawnmower safety 101 clearly not being observed.

896A4DD6-0ACE-4CFB-B4F3-C5D53B99F947.jpeg

The thing that bugged me is....In the video Zach has on a warm looking jacket, jeans and shoes while little Jackson has a t-shirt, diaper and bare feet.

It's October... Put some clothes on that baby...

Especially his legs and feet while cutting the lawn with dad.  🙄

• Love 3

Ugh. Tori's latest Instagram story is a few seconds of jackson and the rest is her selling this dog food she "found". Dog food.

zach's story is all jackson. I actually thought i unfollowed tori because of all the selling. Going to check. 🐕

• Love 1
On 11/15/2019 at 11:39 AM, thebalconyfool said:

Yes, she is. Amy also revealed that Tori and Zach's new baby will be a little person, I'm not sure if that's already been posted here. She has since deleted the video. https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/11/05/little-people-big-world-amy-roloff-reveals-zach-tori-roloff-daughter-little-person/

I hope she had their approval before speaking medically about her grandchild.