Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I feel for any pregnant woman because once a woman is visibly pregnant her body is a topic of public discussion- even more so than it just on the daily just for being born female. 

Outside of a medical professional or intimate partner, if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all! I am a big fashion junkie and do think the baby bump is being styled nicely these days, but outside of “I like your outfit” or “you look pretty today” I would NEVER comment on how a pregnant woman looks. 

I totally agree. As well as for pregnant women, I believe this is just a good general rule of thumb. Be kind to others. 

• Love 4

All the kids look so happy. 

How great for them to have another LP role model in their lives- especially if they come from a family where everyone else is average height.

Zach does have a natural gift of coaching the little ones.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

All the kids look so happy. 

How great for them to have another LP role model in their lives- especially if they come from a family where everyone else is average height.

Zach does have a natural gift of coaching the little ones.

Whatever else people think about Zach, he truly does seem like he has a good heart.

• Love 11
On 7/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, readheaded said:

I’m sorry, (I don’t know if you even reacting to what I posted) I didn’t mean to contradict you-I agree with you.  I never for a second thought they were facing financial ruin, if for no other reason, I think the Roloffs would help them.  That’s far more of a backstop than a lot of people would have and might give them the comfort to take financial risks that others might not take on. 

No worries.  The weather here the last week or so has been a migraine sufferer's nightmare, and I could have been cranky without even realizing it.

At any rate, these are the numbers I was referencing:

Zach bought the house in 2013 for: $260,000

Zach sold the house for: $419,500

For a profit of: $159,500

A number of sites and magazines were saying he lost $47,000 on the sale of the house, which is incorrect.  He made over $159,000.  He came down $47,000 from his ASKING price - there's a huge difference there.  A loss of $47,000 would mean he accepted $213,000 for the house, not the $419,500 he actually got.

We don't know how mcuh of a down payment he made, and we don't know how much his mortagage payments were over the course of the 5 years he had the house, but it's a safe bet hew owed less than $260,000 on it, so his profit was likely closer to $200,000.

Either way, he made enough to pay the old mortgage off with enough left over to cover the cost of reno on the new house, and still have money left over.  They're not destitute.  😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Happy for Tori but I wish she hadn’t adopted her sister-in-law’s affectation of “girlsie “.  (I had to type that 3 times because spell check kept insisting I wanted to write “girly”...I know, spell check, I know.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sure wish Tori would keep clothes on her child.  Instagram pics of him running around and playing in the yard with no clothes on, she has a picture of a peach strategically placed in the pictures.  Strange!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Sure wish Tori would keep clothes on her child.  Instagram pics of him running around and playing in the yard with no clothes on, she has a picture of a peach strategically placed in the pictures.  Strange!

My grandma used to refer to baby tushies as "peaches."  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's a really nice anniversary comment from Tori.  

Had it been someone else in the family, it would have been accompanied by:  #buyourbook #thighgap #ineedanannyeventhoughjerdoesn'tseemtobebusy

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

What's with that silly babe uh! stuff.  Why do all these people have to put all their personal feelings into a public forum.  Are they trying to convince us or themselves about how they feel.  

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Tori, I'm sure you are a very nice woman.  But, you know you were looking for affirmation with your body image post.  That's a big thing on Instagram.  "I almost didn't post this.  I know so many of you won't like it or understand, etc."  

Followed by lots of comments "you're inspiring, you look wonderful, etc."  A few nasty trolls.  Overwhelming praise.  Please be better than that Tori.

Girlsie? Babe uh? Please stop.  Although again that's a big trend on Instagram.

Edited by beagletime
Forgot something.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

When I hear and see some of the stuff that people call each other, "girlsie" and "babe uh" fall to the level of minor issues for me personally.

Watching Judge Judy and/or People's Court for a week ("he called me a b and a h") will make most people think that "girlsie" and "babe uh" are a-ok.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MissT said:

I don’t even know what “babe uh”means.    Just not my generation I guess.  It sounds and looks stupid.  

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

When I hear and see some of the stuff that people call each other, "girlsie" and "babe uh" fall to the level of minor issues for me personally.

Watching Judge Judy and/or People's Court for a week ("he called me a b and a h") will make most people think that "girlsie" and "babe uh" are a-ok.

"Babe Uh" is definitely annoying, but I have chalked it up to generational differences, and perhaps it means something special to them.  When I was younger, I said stuff that my mom would tell me sounded stupid.  I just rolled my eyes.  Granted, we didn't have Social Media then, but we would still say stupid stuff.

Not willing to give on "Girlsie" though, lol.  That is like nails on a chalkboard (no matter who says it, lest someone comment).  "Girlie" is annoying, but not grating.  NOW YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!! (I actually found myself saying something like that that to the neighbor's grandkids, when we lived at our old house - they were playing with a knife on my back porch - when I politely asked them to stop, they started throwing old shingles at my windows).

• Love 2

I may be taking it too far for some, & it's not like they necessarily mean it this way, but I think "girlsie/girlie" sound condescending, so that's why it bothers me. It's not like they're going around saying "boysie". 🙄

• Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I may be taking it too far for some, & it's not like they necessarily mean it this way, but I think "girlsie/girlie" sound condescending, so that's why it bothers me. It's not like they're going around saying "boysie". 🙄

Kind of like how I dislike the recent increase in use of the term "Kiddo/Kiddos".  They're kids.  I don't get the cutesie stuff.  Similar to a few years ago, when it became a thing to add "dear" before "Daughter/Son/Husband/Wife/etc".  I knew people who would type posts and be all "My DS and my DH went to my DMIL's house while I went shopping with DD".  So many unnecessary "D's".  

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Kind of like how I dislike the recent increase in use of the term "Kiddo/Kiddos".  They're kids.  I don't get the cutesie stuff.  Similar to a few years ago, when it became a thing to add "dear" before "Daughter/Son/Husband/Wife/etc".  I knew people who would type posts and be all "My DS and my DH went to my DMIL's house while I went shopping with DD".  So many unnecessary "D's".  

The 'DS, DD" , etc are all just initial speak so it really doesn't bother me. And when it comes to husband it can be "dear" or "damn" depending...

I've used "kiddos" in past affectionately but I see the connotation there as well. In fact, my mother used to use "kiddo", "dear daughter", & "girlie" sarcastic & nastily toward me (she had major issues), so they all don't sit too well in memory.

The "babe uh" must be a new thing. At first I thought it was just Tori's but supposedly it is a thing- a silly thing IMO. Maybe I'm just too lazy but the "uh" at the end doesn't really roll off the tongue. 

16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

See also "littles".  Makes me want to scream.  My daughter is now 12, but some of her friends' moms will use this in every single FB post or text.  "Taking my littles to the beach today!"  "Hosted a pool party and all the littles had popsicles!"  "Littles" was enough to make me want to never talk to you when our kids were 3.  They are now almost teenagers.  Please STOP using this infantile stupid non-word. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

They'll be doing ultrasound measurements just like they did last time.  I think what she's saying is the only ways to definitively state the fetus is a dwarf (formal diagnosis) is by amniocentesis or by examination after birth.  If they go just by ultrasound measurements, then it's a suspected or presumed diagnosis.  

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

I thought Tori had to have a c-section with Jackson because he is a dwarf? So this time, it won't matter if the baby is a dwarf, they will let her try and deliver it vaginally?

Maybe she would have a C-section either way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why do Audrey and Tori act as if they are the only women in the world having a baby.  They both need to get over themselves.  I guess they do this because they consider themselves D list celebrities.  

• Love 7

I am not of this “selfie, if it isn’t on Insta, then it didn’t happen!” generation, so I am kinda surprised by the constant professional photo shoots these folks have. I totally understand commemorating big moments like bdays, births, or graduations.  But my gawd! This Roloff clan is obsessed with documenting not only those events, but every damn day in between!  How many “Oh! You just  caught us by surprise as we went a-stroliin’ across the daisy filled meadow/black sand beach/organic corn fields/ certified free range apple orchard!” How many of these faux ‘candid’ pictures of themselves do these people need? Is it plain old narcissistic behavior? Jeez...Even the evil queen in Snow White looked away from her mirror a few times a day.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

I can’t stand this thing where pregnant women constantly hold/caress their belly..... I don’t have any memory of doing it whilst pregnant..... I did however develop good balance with a bowl of ice cream at times.... 

I said the same thing the other day in the Maddie Brown forum (Sister Wives) and got smacked down for questioning it.  I honestly just wanted to know if it was a support issue in some way (I've never been pregnant), and people didn't like it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:
4 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

I can’t stand this thing where pregnant women constantly hold/caress their belly..... I don’t have any memory of doing it whilst pregnant..... I did however develop good balance with a bowl of ice cream at times.... 

I said the same thing the other day in the Maddie Brown forum (Sister Wives) and got smacked down for questioning it.  I honestly just wanted to know if it was a support issue in some way (I've never been pregnant), and people didn't like it.

I guess it's just there, & it's big, so it gets held. I would caress the belly but not really in front of anyone, just when home & at night, especially while the baby moved; bonding thing I guess.  When I was pregnant with twins I would also sometimes actually hold the belly, but it was heavier so a support thing; I didn't do it for photo ops though.

• Love 4