Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: It Girl, Interrupted

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Dressing up in a bear suit and trying to push a one legged woman down the stairs.

Other than that she's got nothing.

She planned a wedding for dogs. 

1 hour ago, queenjen said:

I think she's enjoying her life with Adam while it lasts. She can go back to writing books when there's no one around to peddle while she sits on the handlebars. 

If they part ways, her friends go back to eating M&Ms, carry-out pizza and freezer burned pigs-in-a-blanket when invited over for cocktails. Sad!

• Love 6

Well ok.  From the other side of the room.  Warning.  I'm going on the soap box.  I've never asked anyone to take their shoes off when coming into my house.  And crap.  What do you do when you have a party of twenty or more?  Do they line them up with a shoe check?  Sorry, I just don't get it.  Maybe it's 'my' circumstances.  You get out of the car in my driveway or the street and you walk on the pavement and walkway to my house.  You wipe your feet on my doormat and enter.  I just don't get it.  I just don't get all the 'fear' because I just don't get what this 'fear' is all about.  I've also never been asked to take off my shoes at another person's house (except for a friend who is Vietnamese and that is their culture).  BTW, I have a neighbor who has a house (ok, it's a 13 square foot mansion that is impeccably decorated) that never asks anyone to take off their shoes. Crap.  If you're worried about your rugs or carpet, do you not serve beverages or finger food out of fear of someone dropping something on the rug?  Ok.  If the weather is bad, I've never had a person come into my home and not remove their boots.  That's totally different.  Generally speaking though, I don't get it and I think it ridiculous.  Just sayin.  And if you have a dog...  Why are paws ok and not shoes?  I'm off the box.

• Love 18

I've had four different friends with the "no shoes" rule. Half of them had light carpeted flooring in their apartments; the other half had original hardwood or laminate flooring. In all cases, I complied because...well, because my name isn't Ramona Singer. To breezy's question, the one girl with hardwood floor had us leave our shoes outside on the porch before entering. In another case (the one with the laminate flooring), she had us deposit our shoes and coats in the bathroom lol, which was right near the apartment entrance. In the two carpeted cases, we had to leave our shoes either in the foyer or right next to the couch upon entering (since the other didn't have a foyer).

That said, in all cases, when I knew I was visiting those particular people, I packed ankle socks. I'm not keen on walking barefoot anywhere except maybe at a pool (although, now that I think on it, I will wear flip flops there). Even in my own home, I wear Birkenstocks that I specifically bought to be my "house shoes."

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

Generally speaking though, I don't get it and I think it ridiculous. 

I'm with you on this one!  My family would think I'm nuts if I asked them to remove their shoes.  That's the least of my worries when I'm having them over for dinner.  Cleaning up crumbs and the occasional spilled glass of tea is a bigger issue for me.  

And speaking of dogs, one of my pet peeves is to be invited to someone's house who has, let's say 3 big dogs, and when you get there they don't put them away.  You walk in and are immediately pawed, slobbered and humped on.  My SIL's dog grabbed a hold of my pants and ripped a hole in them.   I like dogs, but most often times it's the owner that irritates me by not putting the dog(s) away when expecting guests.  For some reason, the people I know who have dogs assume that the rest of us don't mind having their dogs jump all over us. They think it's cute. Surprise!  I do mind!  I don't throw my cat in your lap when you visit my home! My husband's uncle unexpectedly brought his big dog to our house so we put him on the enclosed back porch while we visited.  He went nuts.  He literally chewed & shredded part of our wooden French door.  This when we were in the middle of selling the home.  Ugh!  Rant over.   Did Ramona have to walk through the gate with the dogs in order to get to the living room?  I can't remember if she could go around.  I wouldn't want  to walk through a den of animals to visit my host.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Wait. A woman can't even chill out in her own home? LOL!

I don't mean to laugh (not really anyway), but it's more that this comment reminded me of growing up when my mom would walk into the room on a Saturday morning talking about "alllll the cleaning" that needed to be done, knowing good and well that she kept a clean home Sunday to Sunday. I'm an adult living on my own and you better believe, once I've cleaned up and whatnot, I'm hanging around my home like I don't have a care in the world.

So funny, the notion that apparently there is a way we are supposed to be in our own homes so as not to appear lazy. I don't even know what to do with that or what to make of it. I guess we are always supposed to be sitting up straight and doing something industrious? I was slouching around last night while drinking wine and concentrating on my new Kendrick Lamar downloads. Glad I wasn't on TV because no one would have been impressed with my accomplishments. 

• Love 12

Carole is holding tight to she knows more about politics than Ramona.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/carole-radziwill-ramona-singer-argue-over-politics-explained-video  I would think after making her predictions about a landslide Carole might want to back down a bit.  Her comments about the topic of conversation being about who is or who is not invited to something makes sense.  I wonder how many times Ramona is disinvited this year?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I'm not sure I'll be able to hang in this year with the New York crowd. Bethenny has only gotten worse over the years and you'd think Jason was a Freddy Kruger she just happened to have a child with.  Sonja is still so clueless, it's scary. Carole can have many seats with her 'I'm Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer's sister in journalism'.  She has cultivated the image that she's a laid back carefree individual who's not at all to be taken seriously. NOW she wants everyone to do a reversal?

I might show up for the election episode just to experience the schadenfreude (is that a noun or verb?) as these people cry buckets of crocodile tears.

Why would they be crocodile tears?  A lot of people cried very real tears over that election.  I don't know why Carole's feelings, or anyone else's, would be any less real and heartfelt. And I think there's a big difference between being someone who's laid back and carefree and someone who's not to be taken seriously.

• Love 24
22 hours ago, Mojoker said:

I'm naturally skeptical of anything that starts off "Bethenny Frankel's reportedly suggestion..." which is essentially saying that someone said she said it and then others took off with it.  I'm not saying that Bethenny can't and doesn't say insensitive things, but the woman's not a moron.  So, for this one, I'll believe it if I see/hear her say it.  Otherwise, I'm more inclined to believe this:  "Frankel denies that she ever made the statements mentioned above. She tweeted to the NY Daily News and People, who reported on the news, calling the entire episode "idiotic" and saying that she doesn't have a single white male employee." 

She doesn't need one, she's not a black female..... ;) 

• Love 2

Bethenny can hire anybody she wants...not sure why anyone thinks it's their business to criticize her...for the most part she's hired women.  What would be fair game is if she mistreats her employees on this show, then we can trash talk.  I think she had some arrows slung at her in the earlier days of skinny girl.  They were employees, personal assistants, dog walkers and therapists all rolled into one!  Was it her wedding coordinator or skinny girl employee that helped her tinkle on her wedding day?!  See, she and Sonja do have some things in common, but at least Bethenny pays better than Sonja.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I agree with you. And there were many of us who did do that (even those of us in the awful mainstream media) and reported on it. That's part of my confusion with her -- how could any journalist not be interested in talking to the people filling those rooms and hearing what it was that was moving them? It is just incongruous with the innate curiosity that usually drives a serious journalist. I can tell you that there were a lot of people who dismissed those reports and the people in them, but the journalists who did so made my head spin. Many times those of us who did report on those things and spoke to the people there were derided for it by fellow media people, mercilessly. Most of them have realized what a mistake that was, but from the looks of Carole's Twitter, I guess she isn't one of them.

But is Carole still a working Journalist? If so, who does she write for? Who is paying her a salary to work as a Journalist? As I understand it, she said she had been a Journalist for 16 years. Of course she is always going to identify that as her career, as that is what she did. Just like my grandmother still calls herself a Teacher, and weighs in on all issues education related reminding us that she knows more, even though she hasn't taught school in 20 years. It doesn't matter that she no longer teaches, it will always be who she is. 

Carole outed herself as someone with significant political bias years ago. In public, on this show her very first season. She pissed off half the audience when she joked that she wouldn't go on a second date with a guy because he was a Republican. I get that the "new" way of doing things is that journalists aren't necessarily judged and charged with completely hiding their bias. The wave of 24 hour news shows and the blurred line between reporting and analysis has made it easier to ascertain what side someone comes down on. I am old fashioned enough - even though a complete and total partisan - to wish that this wasn't so. When I was getting my degree in Journalism a million years ago, this was a very big deal. If you were going to report on the story, you'd better keep your opinion to yourself. Oh, the good old days. How seriously would someone take Carole reporting on the goings on at a Trump rally, when she has made it clear she thinks the man a buffoon? Would it come across as any more credible than being on a Reality TV show? She is doing what she can to be involved in politics. Getting involved with things like "Get out the Vote" efforts. She is more informed because she is very interested in the topic and therefore more informed in the debate. 

And the judgment that she listened to the same mainstream media that Ramona did is as much of an opinion as that Ramona isn't informed. Read her Twitter. She reads and listens to everything. Words from the right as well as from the left. She rages against all media equally. On any given day you could have read her being as frustrated with MSNBC as she was with Fox News. As pissed at Huffington Post as she was with Breitbart. She is actively seeking out NPR and the daily briefings. Does anyone think that Ramona is doing that? Look at who they follow on Twitter and who they are talking about. For Carole it is every conceivable media outlet as well as Politicians. She is paying attention to what all of them are saying. All of them on both sides. Ramona follows a few mainstream media outlets, and the only Politician she seems to be following is Trump. No shame in that at all, just makes it look like she isn't as interested in learning all that she can. That she isn't as interested in being informed in the same way that Carole is. Again, no shame in that at all. I know lots of folks that aren't. They just don't pretend to be as informed or get insulted at the idea that they are not because the reality is they just aren't that interested. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But is Carole still a working Journalist? If so, who does she write for? Who is paying her a salary to work as a Journalist? As I understand it, she said she had been a Journalist for 16 years. Of course she is always going to identify that as her career, as that is what she did. Just like my grandmother still calls herself a Teacher, and weighs in on all issues education related reminding us that she knows more, even though she hasn't taught school in 20 years. It doesn't matter that she no longer teaches, it will always be who she is. 

Carole outed herself as someone with significant political bias years ago. In public, on this show her very first season. She pissed off half the audience when she joked that she wouldn't go on a second date with a guy because he was a Republican. I get that the "new" way of doing things is that journalists aren't necessarily judged and charged with completely hiding their bias. The wave of 24 hour news shows and the blurred line between reporting and analysis has made it easier to ascertain what side someone comes down on. I am old fashioned enough - even though a complete and total partisan - to wish that this wasn't so. When I was getting my degree in Journalism a million years ago, this was a very big deal. If you were going to report on the story, you'd better keep your opinion to yourself. Oh, the good old days. How seriously would someone take Carole reporting on the goings on at a Trump rally, when she has made it clear she thinks the man a buffoon? Would it come across as any more credible than being on a Reality TV show? She is doing what she can to be involved in politics. Getting involved with things like "Get out the Vote" efforts. She is more informed because she is very interested in the topic and therefore more informed in the debate. 

And the judgment that she listened to the same mainstream media that Ramona did is as much of an opinion as that Ramona isn't informed. Read her Twitter. She reads and listens to everything. Words from the right as well as from the left. She rages against all media equally. On any given day you could have read her being as frustrated with MSNBC as she was with Fox News. As pissed at Huffington Post as she was with Breitbart. She is actively seeking out NPR and the daily briefings. Does anyone think that Ramona is doing that? Look at who they follow on Twitter and who they are talking about. For Carole it is every conceivable media outlet as well as Politicians. She is paying attention to what all of them are saying. All of them on both sides. Ramona follows a few mainstream media outlets, and the only Politician she seems to be following is Trump. No shame in that at all, just makes it look like she isn't as interested in learning all that she can. That she isn't as interested in being informed in the same way that Carole is. Again, no shame in that at all. I know lots of folks that aren't. They just don't pretend to be as informed or get insulted at the idea that they are not because the reality is they just aren't that interested. 

It's not whether or not she's a working journalist. What I'm saying is the quality of curiosity is innate in every serious journalist. If people are different than you, you want to know what makes them tick, what's going on there? I'm surprised she's all about shutting it down. Though - I will give her that it's Ramona we're talking about here. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

It's not whether or not she's a working journalist. What I'm saying is the quality of curiosity is innate in every serious journalist. If people are different than you, you want to know what makes them tick, what's going on there? I'm surprised she's all about shutting it down. Though - I will give her that it's Ramona we're talking about here. 

I see what you are saying, but don't you think that Carole believes she understands what makes Ramona tick? That she has every reason to believe there is no "there" there?  I would in the same situation after 5 years. At this point, Ramona is like a member of Congress that has been around for 8 years. She has a record we can all clearly see. She is self-indulgent, self-involved, rarely thinks about others, is often more concerned about what room she gets on vacation than about anyone else's comfort, will ship an air conditioning unit to another persons home, even if they don't want it installed,  and would refuse to take off her shoes in another person's home even when asked twice. She will let her dog shit all over the beautiful rugs of a friend and expect others to clean it up. She will humilate someone else's child in the media, leave a dinner party if she doesn't approve of the guest list, and publicly shame a co-worker over her marriage on camera - children of the union be damned. She has never shown any insight or ability to show concern about anything that isn't selfish, contrived, and ridiculous. She does these things because in general she is uninformed about how people behave and has never cared to learn. 

• Love 19

Everything you say about Ramona is absolutely correct and beside the point. Carole doesn't just think that about Ramona. She believes that everyone who is not in lockstep with her is "uninformed." She can not conceive  of intelligent informed people coming to a different conclusion. She touts her tattered credentials from back in the day the way Sonja explains how you should dress when you are visiting a yacht in Monaco with Prince Albert. Both credentials are about as relevant in the present day.

The contempt and condescension dripping from Carole's snout is the same venom that she previously displayed to people who choose to define their own ethnicity in terms she does not agree with, aspiring authors who get help and women who never worked outside the home. She is a snide little snot and really should be replaced on this show. She is just an appendage to a stronger personality. First Heather and now Bethenny. She doesn't bring anything interesting to the table and her credentials as a writer and journalists are as tattered and shopworn as her press pass to ABC news.

We really need some new blood on this franchise. I hope the new girl brings something new. It is our only hope for fun this year.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well said.  (you can tell you have a journalism degree!)  You don't even have to know Ramona and Carole personally.  All that's needed is to have watched the show for the last 5 years to know that Carole knows more about politics than Ramona.  Of course Ramona can't stand the thought that someone knows more than her on anything.  

• Love 13

So Tinsley, you actually want Bethenny to come after you?  C'mon, hun, really?  I mean, seriously, that's like asking to be put in the bull ring with 600 seething bulls & wearing only bright red.  OK, so is Tinsley telling us she's fine & dandy with being ripped to shreds for our entertainment?  Well, she ain't Kells.  That's not saying much, but she sure ain't Kells.  Will it be enjoyable watching her be ripped to shreds?  She's pretty despicable so it might be.

God, Dorinda's daughter is annoying & obnoxious as hell.  Keep her off the show please, producers.

Bethenny acting palsy-walsy with her paid employees makes me cringe -- but it's sooooo Bethenny.  Who else would act palsy-walsy with her -- unless they're paid to or are sucking up to her (Carole, cough, cough)?

Btw, anyone else get a Niles vibe from the borrowed butler?  Maybe this scripted shtick was "borrowed" from The Nanny?  Real original, Satan Andy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Everything you say about Ramona is absolutely correct and beside the point. Carole doesn't just think that about Ramona. She believes that everyone who is not in lockstep with her is "uninformed." She can not conceive  of intelligent informed people coming to a different conclusion. She touts her tattered credentials from back in the day the way Sonja explains how you should dress when you are visiting a yacht in Monaco with Prince Albert. Both credentials are about as relevant in the present day.

The contempt and condescension dripping from Carole's snout is the same venom that she previously displayed to people who choose to define their own ethnicity in terms she does not agree with, aspiring authors who get help and women who never worked outside the home. She is a snide little snot and really should be replaced on this show. She is just an appendage to a stronger personality. First Heather and now Bethenny. She doesn't bring anything interesting to the table and her credentials as a writer and journalists are as tattered and shopworn as her press pass to ABC news.

We really need some new blood on this franchise. I hope the new girl brings something new. It is our only hope for fun this year.

I know lots of people think she just attaches herself to folks with strong personalities and let's them do the thinking and talking for her. Said about Heather and later with Beth. Sounds like Beth wishes she would shut up and she won't, so not sure how that theory holds much water. My guess is that Beth probably agrees with Carole but is afraid of pissing off folks who buy her stuff, which I get. She more than likely doesn't want any involvement in this particular topic but it doesn't look much like Carole cares. Maybe folks will be relieved to find she has a mind of her own, but I doubt it because people don't like the fact that she is speaking it on this particular topic. Better that she goes against Beth about something with really important like worrying about Tom and Lu. Going against Beth there would maybe get her accolades.  On political matters that she actually cares about, not so much. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

Thanks, Carole, for bringing up those crusty/dusty/musty/fusty press creds from 20 years ago.  Super impressed with you, hun.  Now wake me up before I go, go . . . to sleep.  And this comment is about as new & fresh as Carole's ancient press creds & Bethenny's stale one-liners.  Altho, I have to admit Bethenny always gives me a giggle with her comments on the Upper East Side women.

• Love 5

Sorry, Moaner, not buying the hickey story you told Carole.  Moaner didn't take the scarf off to show Carole the alleged hickey cuz there was no hickey.  Nobody is giving Moaner hickeys.  Just the thought . . . brrrrr.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So funny, the notion that apparently there is a way we are supposed to be in our own homes so as not to appear lazy. I don't even know what to do with that or what to make of it. I guess we are always supposed to be sitting up straight and doing something industrious? I was slouching around last night while drinking wine and concentrating on my new Kendrick Lamar downloads. Glad I wasn't on TV because no one would have been impressed with my accomplishments. 

Favorite post in this  whole Damn thread! ? 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I see what you are saying, but don't you think that Carole believes she understands what makes Ramona tick? That she has every reason to believe there is no "there" there?  I would in the same situation after 5 years. At this point, Ramona is like a member of Congress that has been around for 8 years. She has a record we can all clearly see. She is self-indulgent, self-involved, rarely thinks about others, is often more concerned about what room she gets on vacation than about anyone else's comfort, will ship an air conditioning unit to another persons home, even if they don't want it installed,  and would refuse to take off her shoes in another person's home even when asked twice. She will let her dog shit all over the beautiful rugs of a friend and expect others to clean it up. She will humilate someone else's child in the media, leave a dinner party if she doesn't approve of the guest list, and publicly shame a co-worker over her marriage on camera - children of the union be damned. She has never shown any insight or ability to show concern about anything that isn't selfish, contrived, and ridiculous. She does these things because in general she is uninformed about how people behave and has never cared to learn. 

Probably, but why bother engaging her at all? Just to tell her she doesn't know anything? 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, lunastartron said:

As long as we're talking about what's really offensive, I'd say the implication that a woman of color's choices regarding self-identification somehow legitimize racism dressed up as humor would be at the top of that list ... 

But Carole explicitly stated that the political expertise she gleaned from a news career that ended over a decade ago (when the electoral landscape was vastly different) and her ability to "read between the lines" meant her perspective was more informed - and thus more valuable/worthy of an audience - than that of others. 

Either she was indeed myopic and poorly sourced because of her NY cultural insularity or she had clarity and astuteness regarding what was actually happening across the country with respect to the election. Those premises are mutually exclusive. 

it would have made more sense to have carole visit Trump strongholds like Staten Island. I recall a few years ago that Carole wasn't sure if she was part of the 1% when the Occupy Wall Street movement was strong. Why is she so clueless?

If she as well informed as she say she is why didn't she realize why people were voting for Trump ?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Probably, but why bother engaging her at all? Just to tell her she doesn't know anything? 

Well look. If Carole does not engage with people that she thinks know less then her super journalist cub reporter smarts.......she could only talk to the person she sees in the mirror.......and who would want to look at that surgically mutilated mug. Yikes!

• Love 1
On 4/14/2017 at 5:26 PM, ChitChat said:

I get the feeling that's what Carole did.  She said she read different publications, but I don't see her reading much in-depth info about Trump.  Of course I wasn't with her 24/7, so I am just assuming this based on what she has said on the show.   She called him a buffoon right off the bat.   Her mind was made up. IMO, she hated him, and even if she did read something positive about him, she wouldn't have admitted it.  I can see that much just from what she's already said.  So she can stand there and preach to other people how well-informed she is, but a shit load of good that did because in the end, even the so-called experts/informed folks got it wrong. 

I wonder if Dorinda's boyfriend will be on much this season.  He caused a little too much drama.  I like it better with just Dorinda interacting with the ladies.

I like John. He creates havoc on the show with Ramona.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it's sad if we live in a world where there's no shame involved in someone -- anyone -- remaining willfully ignorant.  I do hope the political talk won't dominate the show.  I watch this show, and shows like it, to relax and get a break from the many stresses of the real world.  When they started busting out the political talk on this episode, I felt myself immediately start clenching up, both physically and mentally.  Makes me worry that the coming season of Ladies of London will be dominated by Brexit.  If the political stuff continues, I'll just bust out the box set of GIRLS and re-watch that from the beginning. Bravo, don't drive me to DVDs!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I think it's sad if we live in a world where there's no shame involved in someone -- anyone -- remaining willfully ignorant.  I do hope the political talk won't dominate the show.  I watch this show, and shows like it, to relax and get a break from the many stresses of the real world.  When they started busting out the political talk on this episode, I felt myself immediately start clenching up, both physically and mentally.  Makes me worry that the coming season of Ladies of London will be dominated by Brexit.  If the political stuff continues, I'll just bust out the box set of GIRLS and re-watch that from the beginning. Bravo, don't drive me to DVDs!

Fortunately (?) none of them even pretends to be intellectual or politically aware (knowing the royal family does not count).

• Love 6

Can someone do me a favor?

I don't do the tweeter but I do want to know who Scare-hole is picking to win the Stanley Cup, the NBA crown and the Kentucky Derby.

If I bet against her, I can make scads of cash.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Fortunately (?) none of them even pretends to be intellectual or politically aware (knowing the royal family does not count).

Hopefully that's the case.  But I imagine it's going to affect all of them.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Makes me worry that the coming season of Ladies of London will be dominated by Brexit.  

We can ask B. She's spending the weekend in London eating caviar on belongs. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

OMG! I can't even picture who would be the "brain" on that topic!  I *think* that brain cell for brain cell Caroline Fleming is the smartest in reality.  Juliet I-am-from-Chicago Angus would probably think that she knows the most somehow.

• Love 1

She more than likely doesn't want any involvement in this particular topic but it doesn't look much like Carole cares. Maybe folks will be relieved to find she has a mind of her own, but I doubt it because people don't like the fact that she is speaking it on this particular topic.

It's not so much the topic, but the attitude that she presents said topic with.   I liken it to many other issues that a person might bring up with someone else.  If I start a conversation with someone and they look bored or uninterested, I change the subject.  I don't stand there and continue to beat them over the head with why they should care about whatever it is I'm talking about.  As I said before, it's about reading the person in front of you.  I know which of my friends won't care that my cat did something funny, so I don't force them to listen to my stupid cat story.   I don't like it when friends with young children stand there and repeat -in baby talk -what their little munchkin did that morning.  I smile and say how cute, then I excuse myself and politely walk away (this has happened in an office setting, so I can get away with saying I have to get back to work.) It's all about tact, whether you're the listener or the talker.

For someone who can read between the lines, she sure can't read the person standing in front of her. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9

So far, I don't dislike Tinsley. She's a younger, less vulgar version of Sonja. Trying on furs for invites to parties she'll no longer be invited to? Girl! She better look at her roommate and take heed in what holding on to a former rarefied life looks like.

I wasn't feeling bitchy butler. I can't stand when the bit players try too hard for a golden apple. Besides, if he talks shit about Ramona, he'll talk shit about all of them. You KNOW he has stories about Lady Morgan.

Hahahaha at Bethenny calling Carole out on being a know-it-all. Self-awareness must've been taking a nap when she said that. However! While politically I'm in formation with Carole, she really was doing the most with Ramona. Ramona would make most people go from 0-100, but she was tame during the political talk.  I get being passionate about shit, it happens to the best of us, but Carole did need to simmer down.

• Love 6

I remember watching trib called quest preform at the Grammys and feeling inspired and completely aww struck!  Talking to people who I thought I understood and they had such a complete different reaction to it. It's crazy. 

Ramona and Carole will never be on the same page. Big problem in this country!  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Ramona and Carole will never be on the same page. Big problem in this country!

True, but it's all about mutual respect for each other and not assuming someone is stupid because they disagree with you.  IMO, the problem is worse because of 24/7 news and social media.   I wish Carole only the best, but she really needed to heed Bethenny's advice (not something I would normally say), before she alienates all of her non-agreeing friends!   

On a different subject, do all of the ladies live within close proximity to each other in NYC, or are they scattered about?  I'm just curious as to who is considered to be in the more swanky area. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

True, but it's all about mutual respect for each other and not assuming someone is stupid because they disagree with you.  IMO, the problem is worse because of 24/7 news and social media.   I wish Carole only the best, but she really needed to heed Bethenny's advice (not something I would normally say), before she alienates all of her non-agreeing friends!   

On a different subject, do all of the ladies live within close proximity to each other in NYC, or are they scattered about?  I'm just curious as to who is considered to be in the more swanky area. 

Bethenny and Carole live in what are presently the most aspirational neighborhoods for real estate. They are considerably removed from the others - probably like 20 minutes in a taxi on a good day, up to 40 minutes or an hour in bottlenecks.

Carole occupies a shoebox but the West Village is quiet, clean, residential, and picturesque. There are boutiques and cafes as well as an occasional bar or two but the commerce doesn't overwhelm. Her real estate value has undoubtedly skyrocketed since she initially bought the property.

Bethenny lives in SoHo, which is far busier than WV in terms of shopping. The sidewalk situation is thus less convenient due to the high volume of pedestrian traffic but it's trendy, polished, and still relatively sanitized as far as urbanity goes. There are galleries and designer shops everywhere so it's basically the archetypal fantasy of the city.

Ramona, Dorinda, and Lu all basically live on the UES, which is the classical neighborhood for old money. But they all live east of the choicest streets. The area is good for kids, though, and where most of the best private schools in Manhattan are located. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

But we are talking about Ramona, and no assumptions are necessary, even from most of us who have never met her. Imagine how dumb you would think she is if you spent any actual time with her. 

I will say I was disappointed in that Carole didn't try to talk about any actual issues, but of course she couldn't because Ramona didn't want to engage. Fair enough. No need to force her if she isn't interested, and Carole didn't. But if she wanted to, Carole could have proven in about 5 minutes that Ramona isn't as informed on the actual issues in the same manner that Carole is. Or Ramona could have proven that she knows all about the issues. Ask her whether or not she prefers the Trump or Ryan Medicare plan. Is she concerned that a Border Adjusted Tax is just another name for a VAT? What does she think should be done about Planned Parenthood? These are all things Carole cares deeply about and Tweets her feelings about. Maybe Ramona is very well informed, but if Carole wanted to know, she could have asked. That is what I do with people I know don't actually do anything except read FB or scan the headlines. But I am kind of a bitch and I don't think that Carole is. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13
On April 14, 2017 at 0:34 PM, psychoticstate said:

Exactly.  Carole has claimed to be a writer but we see her doing very little of that.   She was so offended by Aviva suggesting that she used a ghostwriter (as any writer would be) but hasn't done much to dissuade anyone from that viewpoint. 

I suppose it doesn't help to be friends with or on a show with somebody as manic as Bethenny, who seems to be involved in hustling if she's breathing.  

It's all opinion, of course, but to me, Carole comes off lazy.  Totally lazy.  She looks unmotivated to do much of anything.  The most passionate I've really seen her is running over people with her political opinions.

Legitimate question -- does Dorinda work?  Has she ever?  

She cleaned, decorated and tried to make things nice in the Bershires. 

• Love 3

I will say I was disappointed in that Carole didn't try to talk about any actual issues, but of course she couldn't because Ramona didn't want to engage.

But Ramona did respond, saying something about the emails.  Carole kind of shut her down with that "you've got to be kidding me" attitude.  If Carole is going to bring up the subject, then she should at least counter the other person's argument without the condescension.  That was my take on it the whole thing.  YMMV.

Thanks, lunastartron, for the info about NYC.  I like to watch the real estate shows about NYC, so I have a general idea of how the city is laid out, but it's nice to have people in the know explain it the way you did.  Seems like in seasons past, some of the ladies looked down on those who didn't live on the UES.  It was as if they had to travel all day to get anywhere outside of their little area if going to visit another housewife.  It seemed to be such an effort! 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I know lots of people think she just attaches herself to folks with strong personalities and let's them do the thinking and talking for her. Said about Heather and later with Beth. Sounds like Beth wishes she would shut up and she won't, so not sure how that theory holds much water. My guess is that Beth probably agrees with Carole but is afraid of pissing off folks who buy her stuff, which I get. She more than likely doesn't want any involvement in this particular topic but it doesn't look much like Carole cares. Maybe folks will be relieved to find she has a mind of her own, but I doubt it because people don't like the fact that she is speaking it on this particular topic. Better that she goes against Beth about something with really important like worrying about Tom and Lu. Going against Beth there would maybe get her accolades.  On political matters that she actually cares about, not so much. 

13 hours ago, oakville said:

it would have made more sense to have carole visit Trump strongholds like Staten Island. I recall a few years ago that Carole wasn't sure if she was part of the 1% when the Occupy Wall Street movement was strong. Why is she so clueless?

If she as well informed as she say she is why didn't she realize why people were voting for Trump ?

Andy tweeted and deleted in October that all the NY housewives were supporting Hillary. So maybe Carole had a bigger impact on Ramona than we think.  :)

But really I think Carole was pushing the narrative because she knew the HW's leanings and wanted it aired because she understood that many people in this country supported Trump, and she wanted it discussed on the show to present "her" side. She wasn't ignorant, lazy, or elitist about this bc Carole was involved in the election. Just as people want to assume that Ramona reads, they have to give Carole the benefit of the doubt that she looked into why people supported Trump.  IMO Bethenny and Ramona, the until-now loyal sidekick, wanted no part in discussing the election on air bc it would hurt their ever-loving brand.  IMO Carole's frustration was due to the fact that her cuddly bitch sessions with Bethenny couldn't be continued on air due to SKG protection. And I think Ramona played along because she didn't want to anger Bethenny. Carole always supported Bethenny, and now Bethenny wasn't going to support her.

FWIW I think Carole plays the naif/clueless on camera - I think she of all people reads about issues incessantly once they interest her - like the election. IMO she would have at least tried to understand why people were voting for someone she didn't like. On twitter she has always been horrible, petty, and immature regardless of the topic. But at least she is real. I prefer her putting it all out there, garnering a lot of "haters" and losing fans than fake Bethenny and Ramona, who are coming across as if they may have been supporting Donald Trump when the whole time they were voting for Hillary Clinton. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But we are talking about Ramona, and no assumptions are necessary, even from most of us who have never met her. Imagine how dumb you would think she is if you spent any actual time with her. 

I will say I was disappointed in that Carole didn't try to talk about any actual issues, but of course she couldn't because Ramona didn't want to engage. Fair enough. No need to force her if she isn't interested, and Carole didn't. But if she wanted to, Carole could have proven in about 5 minutes that Ramona isn't as informed on the actual issues in the same manner that Carole is. Or Ramona could have proven that she knows all about the issues. Ask her whether or not she prefers the Trump or Ryan Medicare plan. Is she concerned that a Border Adjusted Tax is just another name for a VAT? What does she think should be done about Planned Parenthood? These are all things Carole cares deeply about and Tweets her feelings about. Maybe Ramona is very well informed, but if Carole wanted to know, she could have asked. That is what I do with people I know don't actually do anything except read FB or scan the headlines. But I am kind of a bitch and I don't think that Carole is. 

Do you really want to see actual policy debates on the real housewives shows?  I watch Bravo to escape reality, and I sure as heck don't give a damn what any of these ladies think about politics, or what luxury car gets the best gas mileage or which grocery store carries the finest organic goji berry supplements in Manhattan.  Aviva was annoying enough with her preachy anti Diet Coke, you will die if you drink that, persona, in one of her first appearances on this show.  It's about as much fun as a wet blanket.  There's a time and a place but in the last decade or so, social decorum has gone the way of the Dodo bird because of social media and lack of boundaries day to day.

I don't give a flying fig if Carole is more in tune than Ramona on the election.  She brought it up at least twice now and Bethenny and Ramona told her to drop it.  What's next, a debate on religion?  Should the next episode be a debate on the best affordable health care design?  Bravo and HGTV keeps me sane after reading and watching the news the majority of the time. 

We all know that Carole thinks highly of herself and now she's proving it once and for all, that she's a sanctimonious b@tch to seal the deal.  Yes, we know, Carole smart, Ramona dumb.  

• Love 7