Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: It Girl, Interrupted

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But Luann didn't say "be discreet like me."  She said women should behave a certain way when she herself doesn't behave that way.  

That's not just disagreeing with with someone's approach or demonstrating a more traditional alternative.  It's the very definition of being a hypocrite.  And the reason that label has stuck with her is because of the magnitude of her hypocrisy. 

This is a woman who has been written up in the paper for getting drunk at a wedding and insisting on singing and groping men who were present and fighting with her husband and falling in a parking lot, etc.  Her catting around is notorious. Nobody is saying she has to be a saint ... she should go for it if that's what she wants.  She doesn't owe anyone an apology or an explanation.   Just don't preach to people they should be something you yourself are famous for NOT being.  It's that simple. 

Memories differ I guess.

I don't understand why I can't be aghast at someone's snatch flash if I got drunk last week and puked in the parking lot and dirty danced all night.

The advice was given while talking about dating no?

I still fail to see these GLARING hypocrisies.

Now if she were to act completely disgusted that  girlfriend or hers smokes meanwhile we know she smokes... I get that but pointing out obvious pitfalls as a woman on the dating scene? Do and don'ts are soooooo very offensive? Insert eye roll here and that would be about it from me. <shrug>

Having embarrassing moments doesn't mean one can't ever speak on the subject ever again.

I really haven't seen Lu constantly whack ANYONE over the head with these said hypocrisies over and over again. I've watched all the seasons and I've yet to see where Lu's crossed from just eye roll annoying to this extreme harpy that vomits judgements all over the other cast members and harasses them to no end. And if she's every throwing out barbs it's usually during some argument she's been dragged into. Just sayin'

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Bethenny was a bitch meeting Tinsley.  If you're too hot shit or above it all to meet the woman don't go to her "welcoming" party then do exactly the opposite.

But she did meet her. She introduced herself upon arrival. I'm not sure what more Tinsley wanted her to do?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

I really haven't seen Lu constantly whack ANYONE over the head with these said hypocrisies over and over again. I've watched all the seasons and I've yet to see where Lu's crossed from just eye roll annoying to this extreme harpy that vomits judgements all over the other cast members and harasses them to no end

That is a different cast member. Not Luann. She is cool. The rest of them are ......uncool.

• Love 4
On 4/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, Trooper York said:

Ramona could cite chapter and verse to support her views and that would not matter. It would be dismissed out of hand. Just look at how she dismissed Aviva as someone who had never worked outside the home.  Aviva was talking about her experiences in producing a Housewife book trying to find common ground. Carole dismissed her out of hand and led a jihad against her from that point forward. Because only her experience is relevant. Only her position is correct.

She is the bore who pontificates about politics at every family gathering. You just have to go to the next room to avoid them. Does Bravo want the viewers to do that? Because going to the next room means changing the channel.

And this is why I can't stand Carole. Since she's come on the show her go to demeanor is dismissive.

The way she handles any criticism, conflict or negative feedback it's all about how she gives zero fucks cause ya know acknowledging someone else's side, position or feelings is unimportant if it means SHE has to admit to any bad behavior.

Apparently she doesn't think she's ever behaved like an asshole. Even during circumstances where it's evident she's a bitch she still trying to tell us it isn't what it is and always falls back on zero fucks when she can't convince us. Just look at  her twitter. Bitch don't own shit.  Nothing is ever wrong. Look how she went after Jules last season as a way to explain her very pitiful mishandling of Jules eating disorder.  Accused JULES of being irresponsible with her own disorder yada yada yada..

This is why I was laughing when Carol immediately started telling Dorinda that no one HAS EVER called her mean..... Ummmmm did you forget last season? And Dorinda's response was even crazier "you don't have a mean bone in your body...."???????  cause wasn't Dorinda mad on Jules behalf regarding how they were treating her and her disorder????

Carol is an ugly person. Point. Blank. Period.

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I don't understand why I can't be aghast at someone's snatch flash if I got drunk last week and puked in the parking lot and dirty danced all night.

... because it would make you a hypocrite? 

LOL I guess my definition of what makes one a hypocrite is different than yours.  The behaviors in question don't have to be identical.  I lump crotch flashes and getting drunk and puking in the parking lot into the same category and think if you are a person who has done one, you really can't throw stones at someone who has done the other.  YMMV

It may have been rude, but Carole saying "I heard two men talking and one of them was Luanne" is easily the funniest thing she's ever said on this show.  I've got a lot of built up tolerance for her because of that one. 

I think it is one of the funniest things ever said on ANY of these shows, Otherkate!!!  I do love a pithy little dig!  If she could come up with more of them, it would do a lot to overcome her ... horrible personality other issues.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Lemons said:

I don't remember her saying all that. I thought she only said "what about the emails?"   

To me, "It will be very interesting to see what comes up with these emails that the FBI" is investigating would seem to refer to the October 28 Comey announcement. Particularly in the context of the timeline of filming. After all, Carole invited Ro and Bethenny to her election night party during the same conversation so it's clearly pretty close to Nov 8. 

• Love 3

I think what's getting me the most this season is how old everyone looks and seems.  The group chases off anyone under 50 ( I know Beth is younger than 50) good luck Tinsley.  It's just been sad to watch their ups and downs over the past 9 years seeing where they are now.

I guess Tom was the only man left in he city and when he proposed to Lu the others just let themselves go...back to the plastic surgeon.  I feel bad for their kids.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... because it would make you a hypocrite? 

LOL I guess my definition of what makes one a hypocrite is different than yours.  The behaviors in question don't have to be identical.  I lump crotch flashes and getting drunk and puking in the parking lot into the same category and think if you are a person who has done one, you really can't throw stones at someone who has done the other.  YMMV

I think it is one of the funniest things ever said on ANY of these shows, Otherkate!!!  I do love a pithy little dig! 

Weird world some people live in.

I'm pretty sure Lu didn't go home PROUD of her behavior advertising it as the way to go in similar situations.  People do live their lives and are embarrassed about certain behavior.  Doesn't mean it's hypocritical to side eye, side eye behavior. That's ridiculous.

Also offering up a soundbite of advice on ocassion and handing out scarlet letters are two different things. It's actually pointless to point out how reacting to behavior that most people would react to regardless of one's past is pretty regular behavior when I guess my main aggravation when it comes to the cast piling on Lu is that she's never come after them over their less than saintly behavior the way they've come for her.

Again, at the most she's shared soundbites of disapproval here and there over shit that was pretty scandalous in the first place. The dating advice snippet was far from some huge drawn out big deal. Hell she's even laughed off the snatch flash more than once in the moment when she could have stormed off the way Ramon walked out of the reunion because of Alex's scandalous nudes.. (Oh My) I don't recall Lu ever slut shaming any of them or going on some intense ongoing mission to put some label on any of the wives the way they've done to her.

Half of Lu's "offenses" are imagined and are based on such a minuscule amount of examples over the seasons it's laughable. Most of the more substantial instances of Lu's snark has been in connection with some sort of conflict with one of the other women so of course I don't count that. A girls got to defend herself but everything else. Let's loop "Introduce me as Mrs. DeLesseps..." or "Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes..." I'll grab my pearls. LOL.   If they were to compile a reel of all the footage that "reflect" what all the Lu hate is about it would be such a laugh I'm sure.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm pretty sure Lu didn't go home PROUD of her behavior advertising it as the way to go in similar situations.  People do live their lives and are embarrassed about certain behavior.  Doesn't mean it's hypocritical to side eye, side eye behavior. That's ridiculous.

Also offering up a soundbite of advice on ocassion and handing out scarlet letters are two different things. It's actually pointless to point out how reacting to behavior that most people would react to regardless of one's past is pretty regular behavior when I guess my main aggravation when it comes to the cast piling on Lu is that she's never come after them over their less than saintly behavior the way they've come for her.

Again, at the most she's shared soundbites of disapproval here and there over shit that was pretty scandalous in the first place. The dating advice snippet was far from some huge drawn out big deal. Hell she's even laughed off the snatch flash more than once in the moment when she could have stormed off the way Ramon walked out of the reunion because of Alex's scandalous nudes.. (Oh My) I don't recall Lu ever slut shaming any of them or going on some intense ongoing mission to put some label on any of the wives the way they've done to her.

Half of Lu's "offenses" are imagined and are based on such a minuscule amount of examples over the seasons it's laughable. Most of the more substantial instances of Lu's snark has been in connection with some sort of conflict with one of the other women so of course I don't count that. A girls got to defend herself but everything else. Let's loop "Introduce me as Mrs. DeLesseps..." or "Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes..." I'll grab my pearls. LOL.   If they were to compile a reel of all the footage that "reflect" what all the Lu hate is about it would be such a laugh I'm sure.

LuAnn set herself up for this. None of these women dared write a "Here's how to be elegant and classy" style book. You put on airs of a proper-acting aristocrat (the irony, of course, being that a lot of these aristocrats and noblemen are effed up in a number of different ways); you "write" a book about etiquette--thereby making it seem that you are the arbiter of what is right and correct; you try to tell people how they should behave? I'm not sure why it's surprising that people come for her. It's the same reason why, decades later, people still talk about, oh, I dunno, the foul shit that Prince Charles (hell, the entire royal family) did. If you place yourself in positions of being proper and it comes out that you aren't (that you're shady and backbiting), then folks aren't going to forget the moment(s) you screw up. Whether you believe those moments to be minuscule is not all that important to the ones who found the hypocrisy annoying.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

To me, "It will be very interesting to see what comes up with these emails that the FBI" is investigating would seem to refer to the October 28 Comey announcement. Particularly in the context of the timeline of filming. After all, Carole invited Ro and Bethenny to her election night party during the same conversation so it's clearly pretty close to Nov 8. 

Carole probably had an attitude because those emails were from Anthony Weiner's computer.  Anyone following the news super close (not me) would know that nothing interesting at all were going to come up from these emails (correct) and Carole was scoffing at her.  Ramona tried to act all knowledgeable by mentioning the "emails."  Something that anyone who glances at headlines would know.  If Ramona had mentioned Russia or something else more buried in the news, maybe she would have been more credible.  

Carole is just doing what they all do.  Critiquing and tearing each other apart.  I find it just as entertaining as their more juvenile jabs about boyfriends and hairdos.  

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

No.  I just don't feel the need to spend all day twisting myself into contortions defending Luann or insulting people who disagree with me, that's all.   YMMV, obviously. 

I guess my main aggravation when it comes to the cast piling on Lu is that she's never come after them over their less than saintly behavior the way they've come for her.

13 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

LuAnn set herself up for this. None of these women dared write a "Here's how to be elegant and classy" style book. You put on airs of a proper-acting aristocrat (the irony, of course, being that a lot of these aristocrats and noblemen are effed up in a number of different ways); you "write" a book about etiquette--thereby making it seem that you are the arbiter of what is right and correct; you try to tell people how they should behave? I'm not sure why it's surprising that people come for her. 

Exactly.  

Luann came for the whole damn world with that ridiculous little booklet of hers.  That alone justifies anyone and everyone dragging her when she falls short of her own lofty standards for all eternity, lol.  

Her superior attitude is why her fellow housewives are so devoted to exposing the flaws in her relationship with Tom, I believe.  If she wasn't constantly swanning about advertising how *fabulous* her life is, nobody would care.  But pull that crap around some chicks whose love lives are in the gutter and ... let's just say Luann is bringing every last bit of it on herself.  I got no sympathy for her.  

That's not to say the entire Tom! Cheated! storyline is not as boring as hell and I wish it would just go away, however.  Just because something is completely understandable doesn't make it interesting after umpteen hours devoted to it.   It's not really going to be dragged out through the whole season, is it?  ugh

9 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Ramona tried to act all knowledgeable by mentioning the "emails."  Something that anyone who glances at headlines would know.  

The minute Ramona came out with the thing about emails, I filed her under the heading "ignorant know-nothing who grasps at low hanging fruit to base her opinion on because she has only a cursory knowledge of the issues."   That being said, I don't think I would have been as dismissive to her as Carole was.  Whether justified by her stunning level of knowledge or not, she came across as incredibly pompous and snide.  

It didn't really bother me, though because like you said ...

Carole is just doing what they all do.  Critiquing and tearing each other apart.  I find it just as entertaining as their more juvenile jabs about boyfriends and hairdos.  

If Carole wasn't picking on Ramona for being stupid and everyone wasn't mocking Luann's idyllic life (or Sonja's delusions or Dorinda's commoner boyfriend, etc. etc. ) there wouldn't be much of a show ... 

On a final note, Bethenny could have been a little friendlier to Tinsley.   It was her "welcome party" after all.  A basket of yucky Skinnygirl crap doesn't make up for being a cold fish of a human being.  Yet somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if these two end up friends.  Tinsley seems bullshit-free so far and I can see Beth appreciating that.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nobody is saying she has to be a saint ... she should go for it if that's what she wants.  

I agree. That's been Lu's problem all along.  She acts like someone she's really not. 

"The Countess doesn't drink beer from a bottle."  Aw, c'mon.  Sure ya do, Lu. 

I'm pretty sure she'd think doing keg stands with her niece and Victoria would be a hoot.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But she did meet her. She introduced herself upon arrival. I'm not sure what more Tinsley wanted her to do?

Ask her s question or two, hell even say I brought you a huge ass basket of my crappy products because today is all about you. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Ask her s question or two, hell even say I brought you a huge ass basket of my crappy products because today is all about you. 

Wasn't it Bethenny that felt slighted/insulted by/angry at Kelly not recognizing her at various events before the show even started but she is fine not welcoming a newbie at a party thrown in the newbies honor! Bethenny,  Please get over yourself! LOL

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ryebread said:

I agree. That's been Lu's problem all along.  She acts like someone she's really not. 

"The Countess doesn't drink beer from a bottle."  Aw, c'mon.  Sure ya do, Lu. 

I'm pretty sure she'd think doing keg stands with her niece and Victoria would be a hoot.

Yes to all of the above, except maybe not drinking with Victoria for awhile. She was arrested for drinking and driving a week or so ago. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

No.  I just don't feel the need to spend all day twisting myself into contortions defending Luann or insulting people who disagree with me, that's all.   YMMV, obviously. 

No twisting necessary. I think there's more twisting trying to come up with Lu "offenses" personally.

That laugh reel would be a site to see. Wish someone would get on that. I'm dying to see what a loop of Lu and all her sinister glory would look like when run together. "Be cool, don't be all uncool...." There wouldn't be enough pearls for the clutching I tell ya..... LOL!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Mozelle said:

LuAnn set herself up for this. None of these women dared write a "Here's how to be elegant and classy" style book. You put on airs of a proper-acting aristocrat (the irony, of course, being that a lot of these aristocrats and noblemen are effed up in a number of different ways); you "write" a book about etiquette--thereby making it seem that you are the arbiter of what is right and correct; you try to tell people how they should behave? I'm not sure why it's surprising that people come for her. It's the same reason why, decades later, people still talk about, oh, I dunno, the foul shit that Prince Charles (hell, the entire royal family) did. If you place yourself in positions of being proper and it comes out that you aren't (that you're shady and backbiting), then folks aren't going to forget the moment(s) you screw up. Whether you believe those moments to be minuscule is not all that important to the ones who found the hypocrisy annoying.

But she herself was good natured about the book saying its her sharing things she's picked up and learned while jet setting around Europe and being the wife of a Count. Everyone else put this huge weight on what her book was supposed to be about and made it bigger than it was. Lu saw that the Countess thing was a thing and ran with it on the show. I saw so much humor behind it. I guess being a member of the fabulous club myself her "airs" never bothered me.

Lu, like most of the housewives saw a niche where she could make a buck and followed through with it. I really don't recall this Lu that ran around day in and day out barking out orders to the cast on how to behave. I really missed all that and I've seen all the seasons. I do recall some conversations where she shared her opinion. And had some choice words on occasion but did she walk around the whole time with a ruler, dictating to the others how one makes a proper cucumber sandwich and forced the women on their knees to check that the length of their skirts reached the floor? I'm so confused.

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I mean who brings a gift basket for a person but doesn't engage with them? At least when presenting the gift? It's so pathetic that it wasn't even about a gift for Tinsley and all about marketing her product.

That alone deserves snark.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

Carole needs to learn the difference between fact, opinion and speculation. 

At least Luann, who is not a serious writer or journalist with 15 years of experience in the field, was able to crank a book out.  Where is that vegan cookbook Carole?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wasn't it Bethenny that felt slighted/insulted by/angry at Kelly not recognizing her at various events before the show even started but she is fine not welcoming a newbie at a party thrown in the newbies honor! Bethenny,  Please get over yourself! LOL

I thought about this too.

I never understood why Beth thought Kelly needed to be all BFF with her cause she spotted her at different events. Or chit chatted at one or two of them? And you know what it always bothered me that Beth made it this heinous crime. Here's an idea maybe she just didn't like you at any of the events she's seen you at and didn't find the need to be fake to your face or fake nicieties. Since when is walking away from an undesirable guest not an option? She was never the host and Kelly was an attendee like Beth was. What obligation did Kelly have to Ki-ki with Beth? I have a feeling Kelly avoided that bitch like the plague on purpose not cause Beth wasn't "worthy" of her attention but because...... well we've seen how Beth gets down in a party situation and lets her unfiltered mouth fire away. I'd scurry away from that bitch too if I ever saw her at a party.

I'm thinking Tinsley got the better end of the deal actually. LOL

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I thought Bethenny's problem was Kelly acted like she didn't know or acknowledge Bethenny once she was on the show, after having already met her several times prior to Kelly joining the show. Plus, it did seem like Kelly came into the show with a chip on her shoulder regarding Bethenny. "I'm up here and you're down here!" At least Kelly was consistently crazy from the beginning...

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I thought Bethenny's problem was Kelly acted like she didn't know or acknowledge Bethenny once she was on the show, after having already met her several times prior to Kelly joining the show. Plus, it did seem like Kelly came into the show with a chip on her shoulder regarding Bethenny. "I'm up here and you're down here!" At least Kelly was consistently crazy from the beginning...

I started watching this show on the second season so I didn't know anyone and one of the first times Beth was on my screen she was in a pool talking with Lu about Kelly who she hadn't interacted with yet on the show and she was already talking shit. I remember thinking ewwwwww this chick got issues and the shit she was complaining about already had me like bitch please. Hate much? And I didn't even know who Kelly was yet.

I remember Kelly pointing out (when it was brought up) that no she didn't know Beth. Meeting and interacting at a few functions doesn't mean we know each other. I've been at a few parties with friends of friends and had small talk with a person or two that I've gone on to see elsewhere doesn't mean I'm gonna claim friendship or even acquaintance-ship ESPECIALLY if I wasn't feeling you or down right didn't like you when I did interact with you. Nah, it's cool. Don't like you, don't need to claim you. Who does that anyway? Ummmm excuse me we've talked a handful of times so of course you should be more interactive with me in this new setting where we will be working together. I demand it! Yeah, No..

Beth is another full of herself person who thinks the world should bow to her and that ain't some recent affliction. I saw that bullshit attitude from the first moment she graced my screen so I had no problem with Kelly's "ugggghhh, you again" reaction to the Beth monster. I wouldn't be eager to acknowledge the thin connection we had to each other either.

Too bad Kelly imploded.

Hoping Tinsley won't be some new attempt at that sort of dynamic with Beth.

So tired of Beth "confused rattling" when trying to pick apart a new cast mate. Like they are this puzzle that Beth is forced against her will to piece together.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes to all of the above, except maybe not drinking with Victoria for awhile. She was arrested for drinking and driving a week or so ago. 

What??!!  I shouldn't act surprised because I'm not.  She strikes me as someone who could have an addictive personality.  I hope I'm wrong.  Last season, Lu mentioned that Tom was gaining a wife, children, a dog - all things he'd never had before that come with trials and tribulations.  I wonder how he's adapting so far.

I agree with everyone who said Bethenny should have made more of an effort with Tinsley.  It seemed to me that Bethenny greeted her and then walked away when Tinsley was mid-sentence. She's just rude.  I also thought it was VERY rude of the ones who didn't dress for a Mad Hatter Tea Party.  Sonja was trying to make it nice.

• Love 8

Beth is another full of herself person who thinks the world should bow to her and that ain't some recent affliction. I saw that bullshit attitude from the first moment she graced my screen so I had no problem with Kelly's "ugggghhh, you again" reaction to the Beth monster. I wouldn't be eager to acknowledge the thin connection we had to each other either.

Beth wasn't like that in the earlier seasons. Kelly was being a snobby bitch. Beth wasn't saying they were BFFs, just that they had met before and knew each other. Kelly came gunning onto the show trying to knock Beth off her pedestal and it backfired on her rather badly.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Beth wasn't like that in the earlier seasons. Kelly was being a snobby bitch. Beth wasn't saying they were BFFs, just that they had met before and knew each other. Kelly came gunning onto the show trying to knock Beth off her pedestal and it backfired on her rather badly.

No I get it, it wasn't evident to some in the earlier seasons but her mean streak and self importance hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I set eyes on her. The very first scene I see with Beth in it she's trashing someone already. She came across extremely petty and her whole "authoritive" demeanor while expressing this was just extra heavy handed. Like chill out chick. Place of YES my ass.

I know people like Beth so it makes it easy to spot. Being a Native New Yorker myself.  She's ugly, insensitive, self serving and imposing. Has been since day one of the show. I remember going back to watch the first season (I saw it out of sequence) and it was more of the same grating behavior.

The same way I wasn't a fan of Carole's when she first joined. I thought mmmmmeehhhhh we'll see I guess. I had hopes for her cause overall she seemed to be 'lax and chill so that seemed like a good recipe but from day one Carole's been that above everyone asshole we see with even more certainty today.  For no other reason than she exists oh and she's convinced she's smarter than everyone just cause.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I guess I just see her in the earlier seasons differently. And it doesn't change how Kelly was being rude and condescending to her when they first met.

Apparently they "knew" each other from before. Maybe there was a reason Kelly wasn't the most warm based on past interactions?

The more I think about it the easier it is to believe that their encounters may not have been pleasant. Beth had her own recollection of a not so nice experience with her so it's no secret they didn't exactly hit it off so why the big surprise that Kelly ain't tripping over herself to lick Beths anus? Beth herself was already talking shit about the woman so SHE obviously felt a certain kinda way about Kelly so it was always a bit confusing to understand why Beth expected anything beyond a simple greeting. Beth went into that scenario aggressively. Ready to "take on" Kelly. Always treating shit like some conundrum. Beth knew the deal. Bitch didn't like her.  So no wonder there was a chill?

It was just assumed that Kelly wasn't receptive cause she was being snobbish but if what Beth says is true, they've met at a few parties/gatherings previously then it's just as easy to believe that she rubbed Kelly the wrong way too. Beth made it clear how NOT smooth her interactions went with her and also made it clear how she felt about Kelly so logic should dictate that Beth ain't Kellys favorite person either?

Knowing what we know now about Beth's rather nasty soul (well I've always had a pretty strong inkling) I'm even more convinced that it wasn't all Kelly that was causing the friction between them. Considering how Beth gets down and acts at parties, now that we have footage to view. How grating, unfiltered, loud and rude. Why would I assume Kelly's experience with her was pleasant? And why would I expect Kelly to pretend to like this women?

Beth is a repeater too. Look at how uninterested she is in Tinsley. How uninterested she was with Jules. With Kristin. How she refers to Dorinda. People aren't worth her time.  If she feels upstaged by you she's already set her sites and her rapid fire mouth. She sizes people up and decides whether she's offended by you or not without even understanding a damn thing about anyone. She'll make up awkwardness like with Jules and then use that reasoning to go on the attack or at least be rude. 

The earlier seasons her "underdog" status made her cut throat bull shit endearing to some but her bite had no rhyme or reason. Still doesn't. It's all about what she feels should be the status quo and whether it's being done to her satisfaction.  I'm nervous about Tinsley cause it's looking like she's gonna be some pretty face whipping boy for Beth cause well all know Beth can't stand it when there's someone knew taking attention away from her. Something about Tinsley is gonna get her spidey senses tingling regarding anxieties over sharing Brynn or mommy issues or something else that will bring the story around to Beth and her dysfunction. Some sedge way from her interactions with Tinsley and some other broken part of her past we can visit this season. Anybody from her past been to jail? Mug shot floating around? Will that be Beths trigger to be "relevant" this season?

Hopefully, NO..

Beth went into that scenario aggressively. Ready to "take on" Kelly

It was the other way around.

Also, Kelly never made it sound like Beth rubbed her the wrong way, it was just "I'm too busy/fabulous/good to waste time on a peon like you".

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I guess being a member of the fabulous club myself her "airs" never bothered me.

Gee, I guess my invitation to join got lost in the mail or something.  Sad face

1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

I guess I just see her in the earlier seasons differently. And it doesn't change how Kelly was being rude and condescending to her when they first met.

If only we were members of The Fabulous Club ... maybe then we would be able to understand, lol.

3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Beth wasn't saying they were BFFs, just that they had met before and knew each other. Kelly came gunning onto the show trying to knock Beth off her pedestal and it backfired on her rather badly.

Indeed it did.  She never really lived it down, either.  She just managed to overshadow her initial bullshit by going completely crazy in subsequent seasons so that became what she was known for instead of being a stuck up snob.  

I was expecting Tinsley to pick up where Kelly left off in her first season but she seems to not be that way (at least so far). Maybe Bethenny was expecting the same thing and that is why she was a tad chilly when they first met.  

• Love 4

If only we were members of The Fabulous Club ... maybe then we would be able to understand, lol.

Well, you know, we're down here, while the Fabulous Club is up there.

Though truth be told, much like when Kelly referred to Beth that way, it probably had to do more with the difference in height than anything else.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I think what's getting me the most this season is how old everyone looks and seems.  The group chases off anyone under 50 ( I know Beth is younger than 50) good luck Tinsley.  It's just been sad to watch their ups and downs over the past 9 years seeing where they are now.

Yeah this is why I knew she'd be cold towards Tinsley, but also because B already sounded threatened by the catty way they described her when sitting with Ramona.

B can't stand anyone that threatens her Queen B status and Tinsley is the real thing: an OG real RHONY and the real Serena van der Woodsen. 

When I see B now, I think of the Grim Reaper.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2017 at 6:16 AM, TheNewJanBrady said:

Guess I'm the only Asian here--it's normal in Asian cultures to take shoes off at the door. Keeps the floors cleaner. Plus I live in NYC and am walking all day, on sidewalks and roads where feces (human and animal), garbage, etc. has definitely touched down. No way I'm walking on that all day and then walking those shoes around my clean house. (I don't ask guests to take theirs off.)

Unrelated: Interview with Carole today that touches on the show a bit:

http://nymag.com/strategist/article/7-products-carole-radziwill-loves.html?mid=facebook_vulture

I want to see the $200 linen white tshirt she's talking about in the article.  I love a white tshirt but getting the right one is not easy.  Not that I am paying for this $200 shirt, I just want to see what makes it special.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I want to see the $200 linen white tshirt she's talking about in the article.  I love a white tshirt but getting the right one is not easy.  Not that I am paying for this $200 shirt, I just want to see what makes it special.

OMG this article: Carole is a conceited twit as usual  "I promise you, I don’t look like any 53-year-old I know." Yeah, she looks worse than many I know.

Actually there are women (Eileen Davidson for one ) who are your age or older and look better.

And this : " And when people on social media say, “Stop with the Botox!” it makes me laugh because I do less than most 30-year-olds I know. Well, I still do Botox a little bit. I mean, everyone does, but that’s it."

Really Carole? Your over filled cheeks tell a different story.

ETA: we all saw what a horror show Carole looked like in the harsh light of day at Bethenny's b-day last season. She looked like the cryptkeeper 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

It was the other way around.

Also, Kelly never made it sound like Beth rubbed her the wrong way, it was just "I'm too busy/fabulous/good to waste time on a peon like you".

Sound about how I respond when I can't be bothered with a negative harpy who has an issue with people embracing their fabulousness.

I know how it feels to have those kinda haters. <shrug>

:-)

So nobody remembers Beth's extra rude scene bashing this chick before they had their on air interaction?

Hhhmmmmm.

Fascinating.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Carole needs to learn the difference between fact, opinion and speculation. 

At least Luann, who is not a serious writer or journalist with 15 years of experience in the field, was able to crank a book out.  Where is that vegan cookbook Carole?

But...Carole has written two books...

7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

But she herself was good natured about the book saying its her sharing things she's picked up and learned while jet setting around Europe and being the wife of a Count. Everyone else put this huge weight on what her book was supposed to be about and made it bigger than it was. Lu saw that the Countess thing was a thing and ran with it on the show. I saw so much humor behind it. I guess being a member of the fabulous club myself her "airs" never bothered me.

Lu, like most of the housewives saw a niche where she could make a buck and followed through with it. I really don't recall this Lu that ran around day in and day out barking out orders to the cast on how to behave. I really missed all that and I've seen all the seasons. I do recall some conversations where she shared her opinion. And had some choice words on occasion but did she walk around the whole time with a ruler, dictating to the others how one makes a proper cucumber sandwich and forced the women on their knees to check that the length of their skirts reached the floor? I'm so confused.

I mean who brings a gift basket for a person but doesn't engage with them? At least when presenting the gift? It's so pathetic that it wasn't even about a gift for Tinsley and all about marketing her product.

That alone deserves snark.

Oh, I'm fabulous, too...and without the need to put on airs ;) I still think that LuAnn is annoying. "Be cool. Don't be all...uncool" is LuAnn's motto now that it serves her. I find that annoying.

I mean, we're essentially going in circles about her. I think she puts on airs. You keep asking about what happened in episodes and I'm fairly certain I've talked about not only the things I've found annoying about her on air but have made references to the other women discussing her contradictory behavior behind-the-scenes. I'll jump off this merry-go-round now. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, anonymiss said:

Yeah this is why I knew she'd be cold towards Tinsley, but also because B already sounded threatened by the catty way they described her when sitting with Ramona.

B can't stand anyone that threatens her Queen B status and Tinsley is the real thing: an OG real RHONY and the real Serena van der Woodsen. 

When I see B now, I think of the Grim Reaper.

B can be a lot of things but I seriously doubt she is worried about Tinsley AT ALL!

• Love 2

I've never been a fan of people who can't seem to navigate the confident and unbothered. The pretense at zero fucks when in reality they are just trying to mimic the truly unbothered. I look at it like this. You don't like it shift venue or join me cause in my world there's room for anyone who wants to join. But then you have the one's who have to make such a big deal about all the details. Get petty, side eye everything, get bothered that another woman has the audacity to consider herself beautiful, fabulous, in a league of her own. I never find the need to challenge anyone like this because I don't need to. I'm not worried about being out shined. Have at it mama, you can be in your league all you want cause I know I'm in mine. More power to you.

This is NOT how Beth operates. How dare Kelly think she's so special. How dare she think she's too busy, important, cool to give HER the time of day. Sweetheart, how dare nothing.  Yes, people can determine whether or not you make the cut for their attention or time or energy. The whole gripe sounded like Beth's sour grapes over Kelly giving zero fucks about who Beth is. Why is Beth right and Kelly wrong? Seems to me we have a situation where Beth thought her fabulousness shouldn't have been denied by Kelly and instead Kelly asserted her own and wasn't impressed by Beth. We've all seen Beth at this point so I'm not even surprised Beth was getting the brush off. That's what you do with pestering flies. I mean it's not like Beth has the best finesse. I'd be zigzagging away with a look of horror on my face too. Raised by wolves that one.

I've seen Beth as a bully from day one.

I've dealt with bullies. I've also dealt with women who have so many of their own insecurities they deem it A OK to rag on women who hold themselves in high regard. I get there's a balance. I get some can be more irritating and obnoxious than others and I get that there's a line between appreciating oneself and allowing it to seep into lowering others in return but I'm inclined to believe there was always conflict between those two so it was never gonna be some clean slate, let's be cool fresh start sorta thing with them.  I always saw it as oil and water from the get between two grown ass women and nothing more.

Beth's already starting on this road with Tinsley as well. Was it Beth that made the comment about how she can't believe how Tinsley was ever a socialite? There she goes, trying to determine someone else's worth according to whatever she feels is legit. It's such a high school mentality with her. I'm dreading where it may go with Tinsley but I am curious to see what the approach will be with. Whether it's gonna be based in jealously over her attractiveness or if it's gonna be about her likeability among the group (if that becomes the case). I'm expecting there to be serious conflict with Beth of course cause, well, a pretty girl, taking attention away from Beth??? That hasn't deemed it necessary to impress the royal highness? Or hasn't accepted her as the best thing since sliced bread right outta the gate? That right there is enough for Beth to start her engines.

LOL.

• Love 6

I think that Bethenny is definitely going to go after Tinsley with tooth and claw.  She is much younger and prettier and she has to belittle and marginalize her in the same way she did to Kristen and Jules. What Tinsley needs to do is find an ally. Specificity not Sonja.

Her best bet is to cozy up with Dorinda. Luann would be good too but she has her own problems and will be too busy defending herself to have any ammunition available to help her out. Sonja and Ramona are too self involved and not worth bothering with. If Tinsley kisses up to Doriinda she will have a fierce advocate  who is not afraid of Bethenny. They are choosing up teams the way they  always do and she needs to set up her team if  she  is going to survive. Hopefully she is smarter than Kristen and stronger than Jules.. If she doesn't do it she will be another one year wonder.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Oh, I'm fabulous, too...and without the need to put on airs ;) I still think that LuAnn is annoying. "Be cool. Don't be all...uncool" is LuAnn's motto now that it serves her. I find that annoying.

I mean, we're essentially going in circles about her. I think she puts on airs. You keep asking about what happened in episodes and I'm fairly certain I've talked about not only the things I've found annoying about her on air, but I've made references to the other women discussing her contradictory behavior behind-the-scenes. I'll jump off this merry-go-round now. 

I have been very open about how Lu irritates me.  THE LAST thing I would say about Lu is she is cool.  She looks like she tries too hard and is a major opportunist.  Her entire 1st season was showing how in demand she was for parties, call me Mrs. De Lesseps, the Countess doesn't drink from a bottle, etc.  All while the rest of the cast knew the REAL Lu.  The one who gets drunk at a wedding, grabs someone's balls, falls in the parking lot while being berated by her husband.  The hypocrisy of who she was (Lu) vs who she was acting to be on camera (Mrs. De Lesseps) irritated those that knew her on the cast.  Had she stuck with the real Lu I think people would have a different perception.  We all know the real Lu is a pirate seeking player!  

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

So...you were Bethanny in this situation? I'm confused.

Actually I'm me. As great as that is. ;-)

Someone who wouldn't let the Beths, the Lus, the Kellys dampen any situation.

Maybe Carole tho cause her Bucky bucks just bugs. Now that's someone who throws around a whole lotta I'm up here you're down there vomit. But even with her. One well placed line would suffice, a wave and a twirl ala Countess/Kenya and onto to more fabulous things. Cause really should one really be that bothered by someone else living life? I personally wouldn't have allowed certain things to drag on as they have over the seasons.  Zero fucks and all that jazz dahhhling.  LOL.

• Love 1

Kelly giving zero fucks about who Beth is

Given how much Kelly went after Beth, I'd say she gave quite a few fucks about who Beth was...

Actually I'm me. As great as that is. ;-)

If you say so.

• Love 5

How do we know that Carole wrote those two books? As you know the word on the street is that she had a lot of help. We didn't know if that was true in her first season but as we have seen her "attempts" at working and her relationship with her editor and trying to put together a cookbook that Carole is just as good a writer as Sonja is a toaster oven designer.

Carole only got on this show because of her scabrous friendship with Satan Andy and her tenuous attachment to the Kennedys. She should go back to that.

In fact I wish that Uncle Teddy was still alive so he could drive her home.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Trooper York said:

How do we know that Carole wrote those two books? As you know the word on the street is that she had a lot of help. We didn't know if that was true in her first season but as we have seen her "attempts" at working and her relationship with her editor and trying to put together a cookbook that Carole is just as good a writer as Sonja is a toaster oven designer.

Carole only got on this show because of her scabrous friendship with Satan Andy and her tenuous attachment to the Kennedys. She should go back to that.

In fact I wish that Uncle Teddy was still alive so he could drive her home.

I bow to your eloquence. 

Wasn't Aviva the only source with her "word on the street"? And then she name checked an editor friend of Carole's, acting as though she'd heard from him that he had done more than provide feedback? Aviva? The same woman who lists two industry ghost writers in the acknowledgement of her book but went on to say that she actually wrote the book herself? 

Heh. Credible source that Aviva is.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I think that Bethenny is definitely going to go after Tinsley with tooth and claw.  She is much younger and prettier and she has to belittle and marginalize her in the same way she did to Kristen and Jules. What Tinsley needs to do is find an ally. Specificity not Sonja.

Her best bet is to cozy up with Dorinda. Luann would be good too but she has her own problems and will be too busy defending herself to have any ammunition available to help her out. Sonja and Ramona are too self involved and not worth bothering with. If Tinsley kisses up to Doriinda she will have a fierce advocate  who is not afraid of Bethenny. They are choosing up teams the way they  always do and she needs to set up her team if  she  is going to survive. Hopefully she is smarter than Kristen and stronger than Jules.. If she doesn't do it she will be another one year wonder.

Marginalize. Perfect description.

Beth suffers from ugly girl syndrome.

From the first season it was written all over her face (pun intended) :-)

You can tell by the way she automatically has a chip on her shoulder with pretty women.

Kelly, Jules, Kristen

And Lu??

Boy that's why she goes so ballistic. Not only is Lu gorgeous she is fabulllloussss.

She doesn't like it when it's rubbed in that ugly mug of hers that other women are way more attractive than her and with Lu it just drips off of her effortlessly. That's what truly sends Beth over the edge.

I've seen things like that first hand. Pretty sad up close. Being fabulous really does comes with a price........

Haters.

They ain't just a myth. I know that from experience.

LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Yes, but she hasn't written the book she said she was writing in season 7 and continuing into season 8. All she had to do was write an introduction to the book, all Adam (who has always seemed like a prize she won and flaunts rather than a real boyfriend who is an equal) had to do was compile a list of vegetables for his "sexy salads". If she is so well respected then getting a publisher shouldn't have been a problem, do publishers really care if the authors are dating or broken up which is a reason she cited for it not panning out (although she never got through one immature vegan boy meets junk food girl sentence for the intro). Was it a romance novel or a cook book? I was skeptical at first over the ghostwriter rumors now I believe them wholeheartedly. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

Oh. I thought the comparison was that "even LuAnn has managed to publish a book"? In which case, Carole has published two, so I wasn't following how that made Carole a slouch when put up against LuAnn's one book.