Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: It Girl, Interrupted

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

As the snapchat reporter:

Nope, she's very clear on Snap that staff do not do dog clean up.  That is her responsibility.  I figured that that is why some folks have dogs that poop every place.  If you don't clean it up you won't be invested in getting them trained.  Cookie was having a health problem and the silk rug went out to John's fancy cleaners for clean up.  Judging from her cleaning then I can pretty much guarantee that those puppies pee and poop was gone before it hit the floor.  The gates were in a different place while potty training.  So I bet they are trained now. 

Cookie mostly sleeps.  The dogs have been slowly introduced.  They are now often all on her bed together.  I think they still are separated during feeding.  At one point the puppies went to sleep away camp for training and she said that one of the things that they would be working on was teaching the puppies how to be nice to Cookie.  Poor Cookie is like almost 17 years old. 

Yea, she said something similar on Twitter last season. Someone commented on Ramona's dog shitting all over Dorinda's house, and Beth said we didn't see half of how bad it was. That everyone was helping to clean up poor Dorinda's floors/rugs. Someone tweeted back that Beth probably shouldn't be so judgmental, since she had help at her home that probably cleaned up the mess. She said that no one cleaned up after her dog except for her. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, Carole doesn't know this, unless she was with Ramona 24/7.  It's an assumption on Carole's part, IMO.  Carol has a very pompous "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude, and I find that offensive.  I especially hate when people think they know what I know or have experienced, and then try to tell me what they think I don't know!   Carole had to be pretty annoying for Bethenny to have said something about it.  At least with Bethenny she didn't try to engage Carole about the candidates, but instead tried to get her to shut up before she alienated everybody. 

Thank you!  

Carole is above all and makes far too many assumptions about everyone who doesn't think just like her...All she managed to accomplish was to aggravate and alienate other people in the room.

There are lots of people who act like dingbats, Ramona, Sonja and Kelly B, for example, but do we really know what they are aware of and understand about what is going on in the world?  Kelly acts like a raving lunatic yet graduated from Trinity, Columbia and is still working on an MBA.  Being ditzy or eccentric doesn't automatically mean you are an idiot.  Ramona worked hard for many years and has done well for herself pre and post Mario. To assume it's okay for Carole to walk over anyone with her truth because she believes the others are stupid to get it is just an a@@hole attitude and bitchy.  So, she assumes Ramona is uninformed because her sources are fake news websites just because Ramona talks about men too much?!  Ramona is old school and probably doesn't routinely talk politics in public.  

In fact, as many posters have pointed out, Carole is on a reality show herself, posting a@@ photos on Instagram.  She's cashing in up high from her personal peanut gallery and she still thinks she knows everything because some of her buddies work in the journalism field?  I've worked deep in politics for years and I never ASSume that because others have a different political philosophy that it's because they are ditzy, silly or uninformed, that would just mean I was a b@tch.  You know, like the way Carole was behaving and even Bethenny of all people felt the need to tell her to stop.

I could have cared less what any of these ladies thought of the candidates, and now Carole is behaving just like someone she dislikes, a snob, Aviva. 

• Love 14
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, I liked Lu's dress.  It was suitable for an afternoon Mad Hatter Party.  And she did wear a hat.  Sorry Beth, you're just not all that funny....or cool.  And pretty rude.  You may have wore 'color' but you certainly didn't understand the concept.

I laughed out loud (stone cold sober at the time, mind you)  at B's talking head, 'dogs....babies...yeah, just go ahead and kick 'em!'

(I am very easily amused.)

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But wouldn't it surprise you to know that Carole doesn't know this about Ramona after 5 years? I can easily tell you the friends (even semi-friends) that pay any attention to the news or who care and follow politics. It would be shocking to me that after years of traveling together, spending 5 months at a time together both in large groups and in smaller settings (in the first years of the show we saw Ramona and Carole together one on one quite often) that nothing had come up to make Carole aware of Ramona's attention span regarding current events. Small talk in general often gives a person this awareness. I've never seen Ramona in person, met her, or brushed up against her, and I can tell you from my living room outside of Detroit, Mi that Ramona is not paying attention to the news. She has shown zero awareness or concern of matters that don't directly impact her. She didn't remember that she had met the gal at Sonja's before. Last season she couldn't be bothered to remember Avery's friend and acted like she was meeting her for the first time. Avery had to remind Ramona that this gal had been at their home for Spring Break the year before. Ramona's response in her TH was what it always is: "I'm just too busy to keep up with all of this and I meet so many people". I highly doubt part of what keeps her busy is staying riveted to political news. 

People become much more invested in news during presidential electoral cycles. And I would contend that the general populace became much more invested in this particular electoral cycle from primary season on than in, say, Romney vs. Obama. 

So I don't think what Ramona was doing five years ago or in 2014 has much relevance to whether or not she followed this specific contest. 

Five years prior, Carole had been squinting her eyes and wondering aloud if she was part of the one percent while struggling through pretty rudimentary ideas related to an Occupy Movement that had been going on for a while. 

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

She may have been a journalist, but she was no investigative reporter.  If she were, she'd have noticed (as I did) that the poll numbers the employed professional journalists were citing did not match the  "she's winning by a landslide" words coming out of their more informed mouths, especially the closer we got to election day.

Carole's insistence that she "can read between the lines" as a reflection of her vastly superior political knowledge was pretty rich considering she forecasted that "obviously, she wins in a landslide." Guess Carole missed the almost incomprehensibly erroneous polling data when the GOP ran the tables during the '14 midterms. And that the HRC camp's decision to forego any travel to Wisconsin during the general just might not be the most auspicious decision as far as results there. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

People become much more invested in news during presidential electoral cycles. And I would contend that the general populace became much more invested in this particular electoral cycle from primary season on than in, say, Romney vs. Obama. 

So I don't think what Ramona was doing five years ago or in 2014 has much relevance to whether or not she followed this specific contest. 

Five years prior, Carole had been squinting her eyes and wondering aloud if she was part of the one percent while struggling through pretty rudimentary ideas related to an Occupy Movement that had been going on for a while. 

Carole's insistence that she "can read between the lines" as a reflection of her vastly superior political knowledge was pretty rich considering she forecasted that "obviously, she wins in a landslide." Guess Carole missed the almost incomprehensibly erroneous polling data when the GOP ran the tables during the '14 midterms. And that the HRC camp's decision to forego any travel to Wisconsin during the general just might not be the most auspicious decision as far as results there. 

But it doesn't have to be just about politics. I know the people in my life who just don't pay attention to the news. To current events. To what is going on in the world in general. You can get a sense of this very quickly if you are paying attention or engaging in any converation. You know, the guy at work who when Ferguson happened said 5 days later "what's Ferguson"? If you are very interested in politics, you know the people around you who are not. Who just don't really pay attention. I am always the first person in my neighborhood to put up my yard signs when an election is coming (fuck you, Homeowners Association and your ridiculous threats). You learn from people through casual conversation "oh, it's just so boring, or I don't really care. I just want it to be over already. I cannot believe that this is so intersting to you, I could really care less". You don't have to know a lot about their views or who they support, but you usually know if they are vested in the process at all. But again, I just find it a spectacular leap for anyone to believe that Ramona keeps up with any of this. That she really knows much of anything. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

We sure did. And that's why I thought it was rude that Beth didn't think it necessary to remove HER shoes when going upstairs to Sonja's. Do as I say but not as I do, and all that.

Sonja didn't ask anyone to remove their shoes as far as I remember.

• Love 8

You know this brings up a point that someone told me about the vintage townhouse in NYC.  The first floor of the house was the public floor.  You had a foyer and a lovely sitting room etc.  So that your personal space was not wet, cold or soiled with boots. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Wasn't Ramona a jobber? I'm sure in the 80s she had to be smart and hardworking to be able to buy from manufacturers and department stores to sell to stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx, but at a certain point it probably got to be fairly routine.

I think she atrophied as she got older and married. It happens. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Nailed it!  Thanks for the chuckle, @Trooper York

Yep!  You'd think she'd also know how to chew with her freaking mouth CLOSED. 

She did it at least twice this ep, it's a weird oral fixation I think she does it for attention, and maybe to get attention to make it look to people like she actually eats. 

I despise Bethenny but the Sandy from Grease reference made me laugh because when she asked Mona "you have chills? Are they multiplying?" It was funny AND THEN it went over Mona's head which made it funnier. But then Bethenny kind of turned around to make sure filming got that and yep I hated her again. It was funny just enjoy the funny and move on. She is so hateful. Always on the make, on a scheme to put something over on someone and have power. She's so damaged. 

People do not take off their shoes for dogs, dogs are not humans they are dogs and need to learn about personal space. Dogs are not priceless hot house orchids they are pack animals and an owners job is to teach them their role in your human pack. You can tell everything about the owner of a horse or pet thru how they anthropomorphize them. Sorry this sounds blunt it's from a trainer perspective. Bethenny also projects her own personality thru her animals ...cookie growling and biting people is somehow cute and ok, the names Biggie and Smalls are gangasta as hell and funny and when you go in their house you will defer to them (take your shoes off bow down and notice them). I see thru you Bethenny! 

Also 99.999999% of this dog adoption (and Careholes ki-en adoption) was for a storyline and see if she could schmooze up to Beth Ostrosky Stern's beloved pet project pun intended, the North Shore Animal League. Probably to attempt to build a bridge to Beth as a future housewife and also to get on Howard's radio show. Neither will ever. Ever. EVER. Happen. Beth is friends with Kelly and knows Bethenny truly is down there, and Howard (who LOVES the RH franchises BTW) sees thru her nastiness also. Nice try Bethenny guess you'll have to go with the Mom reunion storyline as your last gasp for storyline glory. the Sterns are not buying. Howard started from nothing and did it his way. You did not. He can spot a fake. You are a fake. He spots it. 

Bethenny will hate Tinsley for being such a total prep Virginia horsey set tailgating Palm Beach madras old money girl. Also because she's a blonder older money version of Kelly B. Bethenny was boarding school as reform school, not the Preppy Handbook boarder. 

Hate seeing this franchise turn into week ten of the Real World with seven Pucks. They just fight and run their mouths about each other, dreading this season. DO something ladies........ besides fight and scratch. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Here is Kandi's dog, 2D2B323100000578-3263626-image-a-12_1444

Here are Bethenny's pups a little older....bethenny-frankel4.jpg?w=669

No picture of Cookie with the pups though, I wonder if she has accepted them at all?

Wonder who the hiking shoes belong to and who the third leash is attached to

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Listen. I refuse--absolutely, positively refuse!--to believe that Ramona has any insights or interests beyond what brand of curler to use for her bang. This much has been made clear to me after watching her for eight seasons. 

"Curler to use for her bang".  My new all time favorite thing ever posted anywhere. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I'm not on Twitter or Snapchat, and don't follow Bethenny on Instagram, but I would assume Ramona does follow Bethenny on those social media sites.  So, if Bethenny blasted the puppies all over her social media, chances are that Ramona already knew about them, no? 

I'm thinking Ramona was aware that Bethenny adopted the two new puppies, and ignored them on purpose, because she was pissed that Bethenny didn't send her a personal puppy announcement.  Ramona had a bit of an attitude with Bethenny about the puppies, and it was evident in her talking head comments about Bethenny only wanting to be friends with someone when she needs something or it is convenient for Bethenny.  (I was wondering if Jill Zarin was watching and when she heard Ramona make those comments, Jill was yelling at her TV "See - I was right about Bethenny - finally, I'm validated!!)

Last year at the Reunion when Sonja revealed Ramona had been the initial RH to agree to do Tipsy Girl, Bethenny said, "this is an interesting development."  Before that Ramona and Bethenny were all shits and giggles over Memorial Day weekend over Ramona dinging Bethenny's, new to her, Bronco.   After the Reunion there seem to be a drop off in the two and their hanging out together.

I can totally see Ramona scrolling past anything that doesn't involve her or the show on another's Instagram or Twitter.  She has to save her resources to spy on Tom. 

According to Carole, Ramona truly tries to include the entire cast in everything, and I think Bethenny comes more from a place of power where she can elect to attend or not invite.  I think that is why Carole expressed her disgust at the continuing conversations over who is not invited. If I were the producers I would prefer Ramona's approach.  My guess is Bethenny has no time for Ramona and her being ticked off at not being invited to the various D'Agostino pre-wedding and wedding parties.  Luann is well within her rights to NOT invite Ramona to anything involving her wedding and I cringe to think what Ramona will do when she sees Tom again either as a married man or on his way down the aisle. 

• Love 6
On 4/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda's hair looks pink in the lavender shirt talking heads.

A lot of them are looking pink in the TH's--I noticed it with Sonja and Ramona too.   Must be the lighting or something.  

On 4/12/2017 at 10:52 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Does Hannah think she comes across well in these appearances?!? 

She's terrible.  So aware of the cameras it's ridiculous.  Don't want to wait 3 months for a Jonathan Adler sofa? Go to fucking Ikea. 

On 4/13/2017 at 7:33 AM, mayvenne said:

Sorry if this has been noted before, but personality wise, I would say Ramona= Vicky (RH of Orange County)......

too in your face to ignore, basically pretty obnoxious and oblivious but with a snippet of humanity and vulnerability and of course- the center of the universe. 

no?

I agree.  They are two of my most detested HW's, but yet I don't want them to leave because they are such train wrecks.  Both are so rude, obnoxious, ignorant and so unaware.  

What the hell is up with Ramona's hair??? Good lord - it's looks atrocious.  She needs a V05 Hot Oil Treatment - STAT! And the neck scarf to hide her "hickey"? lol. Riiight....keep dreaming, Ro.   Mario don't give a fuck.  

Not much else to say.  I like Tinsley so far. Beth continues to be a rude asshole. I mean enough with the Lu has a big head thing already. She's been using that joke for years.  Get some new material. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

What does Dorinda do all day? Or Ramona? Or Lu? Or Sonja? Some of them have occassional opportunities, but I don't think that any of them are doing anything except this show full time. Not even Ramona who use to actually go to work every day. It's always been interesting to me, especially since Dorinda joined the show 3 years ago, that folks always wonder what Carole does, but you rarely hear anyone ask what Dorinda in particular does. 

But Carole's the one who's schtick is to be condescending due to scholarly accolades. She's a cut above the rest cause ya know cause her previous job presents that of a well respected professional with accomplishments etc etc.. and although I am a fan of respecting a persons past accomplishments I'm going to also need something I can see within you currently before you can proceed to behave in any sort of superior manner towards me. Being good at your Very respectable job is commendable but it doesn't acquire you a life long membership to the im automatically better than you club cause I did XYZ and she comes across that way far too often, with far too many people and far too aggressively for my taste. I would love to counter her self appreciation with some accomplishments of my own to shut Bucky McBuckerson up once and for all. I mean it would be awesome if when she throws out her own version of name dropping or profession dropping or whatever someone comes. Like with something simple clever and extraordinary of there own and catches her off guard.. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Normades said:

She said it to a room full of black women who were entrepreneurs in April 2016.  Not sure about video, but it was widely reported.  Mary Pryor of the Huffington Post was there.  Here is a link to one article.  There are others.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/15/bethenny-frankel-black-women/

I'm naturally skeptical of anything that starts off "Bethenny Frankel's reportedly suggestion..." which is essentially saying that someone said she said it and then others took off with it.  I'm not saying that Bethenny can't and doesn't say insensitive things, but the woman's not a moron.  So, for this one, I'll believe it if I see/hear her say it.  Otherwise, I'm more inclined to believe this:  "Frankel denies that she ever made the statements mentioned above. She tweeted to the NY Daily News and People, who reported on the news, calling the entire episode "idiotic" and saying that she doesn't have a single white male employee."

Edited by Mojoker
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm wondering what did Lu, back in the day, truly admonish with this group? Wasn't her biggest offense weighing in on manners? Like basic etiquette? I mean did she ever shame any of the ladies about anything real or was it just a bunch of corrections about elbows on the table and  how to be demure or her advice to not be too foward with men or indoor voice vs. outdoor voice? I've watched this show starting with season 2, (but went back and watched season 1 after so I have seen all the seasons) and I remember a thing about The Countess was her annoying "class" theme that everyone took waaaaayyyy too seriously but I don't remember where Lu every really, truly chastised any of the ladies or shamed them using some wordly, superior, "she who is the almighty knowing in all things lady" schtick.  The only huge conflict she had was with Carole and that had a whole story attached but other than that I don't recall The Countess being anything but eyeroll worthy at times.

During times of conflict, well shit, of course I expect her to be catty. What I remember were conflicts, digs, well placed jabs that had the beneath me vibe (but come on if you gonna go in aren't ya gonna try to make it sting a little??) But all of this was usually in connection with some catty exchange with some other cast member, or building tension, animosity. So what's the big?

The other faux paus were usually minor and described by some as elitist (like how some reacted to her interaction with employees, big whoop) but for the most part when did Lu ever just go all clutching pearls and getting all scarlett letter on a cast mate? (Besides the whole Carole/Adam "scandal" which again had more to it than Lu deciding to be critical of Carole just because).

I'm a big LuAnn fan.  But one of the incidents her detractors cite was in an early season when Ramona was explaining to Lu that she had advised Bethenny to just go out and date a lot--date lots of different men (because this is what Ramona did in her single days)   IIRC Lu got all haughty and naughty about the idea.  I hope I'm recalling the event  correctly that many feel showed a lot of hypocrisy in LuAnn because she indeed, has notches on her bedpost .  ( I hope I'm expressing their argument correctly)

But this is where I see that whole incident differently.  First--just to say that Lu's teen daughter Victoria was there.  And..I believe in Lu's mind  (because Lu does enjoy a good romp)  she may interpret 'dating around' a little more broadly.  So with that mindset I think she was projecting a very sanctimonious view about it for the sake of her young daughter  (which I agree with. I believe it's always a good idea to pretend you're the Virgin Mary to your budding teen until they well, don't believe it anymore)   And-- like I said I think LuAnn probably doesn't think of dating generally as a 'kiss goodnight at the door' activity , which I think is what Ramona meant.  

So it seems somehow ironic or contrary or something.. but if you do assume your dates are going to end up in the sack, then yes--for heavens' sake keep it to one guy --(not counting out-of-the circle run-ins and any out-of-towners of course.)  For Lu I think it's the old-school reputation idea.  No shame in doing it--the shame is allowing yourself to be stupid --stupid enough to get a reputation. 

During that conversation Ramona said LuAnn's husband was "old.".  She said it in front of Victoria too-- and LuAnn reamed her.  Not sure if lLuAnn's put down of Ramona's dating idea came after that or not.  But it was rude and insulting and Lu was pissed. 

I don't think acting 'coy' or keeping your sexual activity on the down-low is hypocritical.  She has a "lady-like" code. Perhaps a lady does not show off her hickeys.  She does not brandish her sex toys. When possible, she takes her indiscretions out of town.  If one has a 'friends with benefits' agreement, you don't speak of this.  If people think you're 'missionary mary' that's even better.  Lu's would likely never deny that her mattress mileage could put the others to shame but it's nobody's business.  One has nothing to do with the other.

I don't see Lu pearl-clutching at Sonja's behaviour (more than anyone else) and I don't hear Bethy screaming at Sonja that she's a slut and a whore.   Putting it all on display is a personal choice and so is keeping it on the down-low.  One is not automatically a  judgement or commentary of the other and I don't see it as hypocritical. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I'm naturally skeptical of anything that starts off "Bethenny Frankel's reported suggestion..." which is essentially saying that someone said she said it and then others took off with it.  I'm not saying that Bethenny can't and doesn't say insensitive things, but the woman's not a moron.  So, for this one, I'll believe it if I see/hear her say it.  Otherwise, I'm more inclined to believe this:  "Frankel denies that she ever made the statements mentioned above. She tweeted to the NY Daily News and People, who reported on the news, calling the entire episode "idiotic" and saying that she doesn't have a single white male employee."

I (unlike Carole) appreciate your point of view and am generally skeptical, however she addressed only one aspect of her comments.  I think she was pretty flippant about the difficulties faced by some of the women in that room and I found her comments to be offensive.  From what I've seen I believe she would do that.  Obviously I have my opinion on this and you have yours.  No problem.  

• Love 5

But this is where I see that whole incident differently.  First--just to say that Lu's teen daughter Victoria was there.  And..I believe in Lu's mind  (because Lu does enjoy a good romp)  she may interpret 'dating around' a little more broadly.  So with that mindset I think she was projecting a very sanctimonious view about it for the sake of her young daughter  (which I agree with. I believe it's always a good idea to pretend you're the Virgin Mary to your budding teen until they well, don't believe it anymore)   And-- like I said I think LuAnn probably doesn't think of dating generally as a 'kiss goodnight at the door' activity , which I think is what Ramona meant.  

Here is the scene you are referencing. In fairness to Ramona, she did state repeatedly to Bethenny about having fun with men without being intimate with them. Of course, Ramona's defensiveness does lead to a bit of verbal diarrhea...

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Normades said:

I (unlike Carole) appreciate your point of view and am generally skeptical, however she addressed only one aspect of her comments.  I think she was pretty flippant about the difficulties faced by some of the women in that room and I found her comments to be offensive.  From what I've seen I believe she would do that.  Obviously I have my opinion on this and you have yours.  No problem.  

To be fair, I don't know what all she addressed. I only cut/pasted on statement I found.

1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Listen. I refuse--absolutely, positively refuse!--to believe that Ramona has any insights or interests beyond what brand of curler to use for her bang. This much has been made clear to me after watching her for eight seasons. 

HAHAHAHA!!!  Isn't that the truth!!!

• Love 8
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I had a lot of thoughts about last night, but, what stands out the most is why Carol can't pronounce the word Kittens. I thought that this problem was something assigned to reality tv stars who might not have made it out of High school, but, maybe, not.  

It's the glottal stop! I think it was discussed in the thread for last week's episode, but it's pretty common in the Northeast. I say 'kittens' just like Carole...same with 'mittens' and any other word with double Ts. In Connecticut, especially, we like to drop our T's: New Britain is "New Bri-in" and Canton is "Can-in."

17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

In Atl. I think Kandi and Kenya are the only ones that have pets, the OC. has Tamra, Kelly and Meghan with dogs and as far as NJ, I haven't watched in a couple of years but Teresa Guidice has dogs but I do not know if anyone else on there does.

The Dubrows had dogs, but they haven't been on the show in a while...

• Love 6

That opening scene was so awkward with Bethenny, Carole and Ramona.  It showed, to me at least, that Ramona doesn't socialize with the ladies over the breaks.  Ramona came off more bat shit crazy than ever in that scene, and episode.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, seasick said:

I'm a big LuAnn fan.  But one of the incidents her detractors cite was in an early season when Ramona was explaining to Lu that she had advised Bethenny to just go out and date a lot--date lots of different men (because this is what Ramona did in her single days)   IIRC Lu got all haughty and naughty about the idea.  I hope I'm recalling the event  correctly that many feel showed a lot of hypocrisy in LuAnn because she indeed, has notches on her bedpost .  ( I hope I'm expressing their argument correctly)

So it seems somehow ironic or contrary or something.. but if you do assume your dates are going to end up in the sack, then yes--for heavens' sake keep it to one guy --(not counting out-of-the circle run-ins and any out-of-towners of course.)  For Lu I think it's the old-school reputation idea.  No shame in doing it--the shame is allowing yourself to be stupid --stupid enough to get a reputation. 

During that conversation Ramona said LuAnn's husband was "old.".  She said it in front of Victoria too-- and LuAnn reamed her.  Not sure if lLuAnn's put down of Ramona's dating idea came after that or not.  But it was rude and insulting and Lu was pissed. 

I don't think acting 'coy' or keeping your sexual activity on the down-low is hypocritical.  She has a "lady-like" code. Perhaps a lady does not show off her hickeys.  She does not brandish her sex toys. When possible, she takes her indiscretions out of town.  If one has a 'friends with benefits' agreement, you don't speak of this.  If people think you're 'missionary mary' that's even better.  Lu's would likely never deny that her mattress mileage could put the others to shame but it's nobody's business.  One has nothing to do with the other.

I don't see Lu pearl-clutching at Sonja's behaviour (more than anyone else) and I don't hear Bethy screaming at Sonja that she's a slut and a whore.   Putting it all on display is a personal choice and so is keeping it on the down-low.  One is not automatically a  judgement or commentary of the other and I don't see it as hypocritical. 

Actually what start the disagreement between Luann and Ramona was Ramona had this very detailed plan as you set forth for Bethenny's dating life  and Luann suggested for the allowance of spontaneity.  Then Ramona made the age cracks about The Count.  Spiraling downhill ever since.

• Love 6

I remember Lu interfering in a possible Bethenny-Jill make-up, too.  Lu was right in there, Lu-handling Jill and physically moving her away from any possible discussion with Bethenny. That was a stand out moment for me back then.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Alison said:

It's the glottal stop! I think it was discussed in the thread for last week's episode, but it's pretty common in the Northeast. I say 'kittens' just like Carole...same with 'mittens' and any other word with double Ts. In Connecticut, especially, we like to drop our T's: New Britain is "New Bri-in" and Canton is "Can-in."

OMG.!  I didn't see it.  I wonder why I never heard of this before.  I've only visited NY a handful of times, but, I have quite a few friends in NC, who grew up in the Northeast and I've never heard it from them either.  Anyway, I'm so sorry if my comment was offensive.  I certainly had no idea it was a regional accent thing.  Please accept my apology. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

In retrospect, after hearing Bethenny's complaints about scuff marks on the floors of her old house, maybe her no shoe rule is just a prophylactic measure.  One thing about Bethenny is she seems to be very careful with her stuff.  Very organized very aware. 

Sonja on the other hand seems to be of the mind "I have people to do that". 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Alison said:

To my utter chagrin, I've picked up some Maryland/D.C. (though not Baltimore) regional accent lol. I joke, of course, but as someone who grew up in Los Angeles and has now lived on the East Coast for 20+ years, I know that a shift in accent is inevitable. All of this is to say that I didn't realize how bothersome Carole's pronunciation of "kitten" was until a few seasons ago when people started calling it out. It made me realize that I do pronounce the word similarly. Or, when it's cold out and I speak of needing to button my jacket, I say "Let me buh-in my jacket right quick."

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I saw Sonja wipe/blow her nose while in the kitchen while all of the food was getting plated.  Yuck!  She didn't turn around and wash her hands either.  That's a big pet peeve of mine.   I was in a buffet-style restaurant one time and saw one of the servers standing near the buffet just honking away into a tissue.  I just about lost my lunch right there.  I couldn't eat anymore after that.   I was too grossed out. 

O, yes, that was revolting!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I believe that Carole thinks she knows more than anybody else about the electionYeah, she has more political connections and is in the know, but it is so very rude to engage someone about politics and then tell them why you think they're wrong. 

The point isn't whether Ramona is smart or not (I do believe she has the business smarts to have made it this far, even though her appearances on camera say otherwise), it's about Carole showing some class by trying to have a civil conversation without going straight into condescending mode.  We all read the same news stories the past year, and we all came up with our own view on said stories.  That doesn't make me right and you wrong, and vice versa.   Carole should've kept her yap shut during parties, unless she was with a group of like-minded folks.   I'm not among the elite society, but this average Joe is smart enough to know that if I started talking to someone about the election, I'd start off with something like "Wow!  This is a crazy campaign season."  Then I'd let them say something, and I'd know right away which side of the aisle they were on.  It's called reading the room (or person), then either shutting your own yap, or proceeding with the conversation without offending the other person.

Might I offer up to Carole what I had to write on every history test I took in 9th grade (41 years ago, and I still remember it): Tact:  A keen discernment of what to do or say when dealing with others without giving offense. 

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, Carole doesn't know this, unless she was with Ramona 24/7.  It's an assumption on Carole's part, IMO.  Carol has a very pompous "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude, and I find that offensive.  I especially hate when people think they know what I know or have experienced, and then try to tell me what they think I don't know!   Carole had to be pretty annoying for Bethenny to have said something about it.  At least with Bethenny she didn't try to engage Carole about the candidates, but instead tried to get her to shut up before she alienated everybody. 

3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Thank you!  

Carole is above all and makes far too many assumptions about everyone who doesn't think just like her...All she managed to accomplish was to aggravate and alienate other people in the room.

There are lots of people who act like dingbats, Ramona, Sonja and Kelly B, for example, but do we really know what they are aware of and understand about what is going on in the world?  Kelly acts like a raving lunatic yet graduated from Trinity, Columbia and is still working on an MBA.  Being ditzy or eccentric doesn't automatically mean you are an idiot.  Ramona worked hard for many years and has done well for herself pre and post Mario. To assume it's okay for Carole to walk over anyone with her truth because she believes the others are stupid to get it is just an a@@hole attitude and bitchy.  So, she assumes Ramona is uninformed because her sources are fake news websites just because Ramona talks about men too much?!  Ramona is old school and probably doesn't routinely talk politics in public.  

In fact, as many posters have pointed out, Carole is on a reality show herself, posting a@@ photos on Instagram.  She's cashing in up high from her personal peanut gallery and she still thinks she knows everything because some of her buddies work in the journalism field?  I've worked deep in politics for years and I never ASSume that because others have a different political philosophy that it's because they are ditzy, silly or uninformed, that would just mean I was a b@tch.  You know, like the way Carole was behaving and even Bethenny of all people felt the need to tell her to stop.

I could have cared less what any of these ladies thought of the candidates, and now Carole is behaving just like someone she dislikes, a snob, Aviva. 

2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I agree with all of these posts.  

Unless Carole has been with all these ladies 24/7, she has no idea who knows what about the election/politics and to what degree.  I was more invested in this election than almost any other I can recall and read a lot of articles and materials, from all sides, but there were still people I refused to get into political debates with.   Mainly because they weren't interested in discussing the election or politics so much as they were interested in telling me how I should vote, how wrong I am, how I should be smarter, etc.  Kind of like Carole is doing.  

I don't know Ramona personally.  She seems like an absolute nut, always has, but maybe more especially since Avery went to college and she and Mario split.  However, she was/is a business owner and has to have something going in order to run a business and to do so successfully.  So I'm not going to say she's dumb.  And I'm not going to assume that Carole is smarter because on RHONY she doesn't act as loony.  (Go follow her Twitter feed if you want to see Carole acting like a loon.)   I'm also not going to make an assumption on someone based on who they choose to vote for.  That's a lot of what went wrong pre and post election - - people thought they needed to share who they were voting for, expected everyone else to do the same and then took it personally if people weren't voting as they were.  Ridiculous.

Carole was reading the same news stories (fake or otherwise) the rest of us were.  The same MSM she insinuates she has an inside track to is the same MSM that told us absolutely who would win the election and hand their asses handed to them on election night.  So she can just settle down with her know it all attitude. 

Frankly I could not care less who each of the ladies voted for.  That's their business and it should stay that way. 

Also want to say that I work with many highly intelligent people.  People who have multiple degrees, people who are frighteningly book smart.  And yet some of them don't have a lick of common sense in their bodies.  So again, who's to say who is "smart" and who is not?  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

But Carole's the one who's schtick is to be condescending due to scholarly accolades. She's a cut above the rest cause ya know cause her previous job presents that of a well respected professional with accomplishments etc etc.. and although I am a fan of respecting a persons past accomplishments I'm going to also need something I can see within you currently before you can proceed to behave in any sort of superior manner towards me. Being good at your Very respectable job is commendable but it doesn't acquire you a life long membership to the im automatically better than you club cause I did XYZ and she comes across that way far too often, with far too many people and far too aggressively for my taste. I would love to counter her self appreciation with some accomplishments of my own to shut Bucky McBuckerson up once and for all. I mean it would be awesome if when she throws out her own version of name dropping or profession dropping or whatever someone comes. Like with something simple clever and extraordinary of there own and catches her off guard.. 

What do scholarly accolades have to do with the fact that Carole gets called out more than the rest of them for not doing much of anything? There are several posts this week already where she is called lazy. More last week and many more last season. It is an honest question - why is that? You could compare her to any number of these chicks, but the easiest and most obvious comparison would be Dorinda. Maybe I've missed them all, but I don't recall anyone calling Dorinda lazy or driftless. They are roughly the same age, both had very successful careers, both are widowed, and both don't seem to have anything that we can see that would take up a lot of their time. This is Dorinda's 3rd season. By her 3rd season, Carole had released a book since being on the show. I will grant you not a very good book, or a successful one, but she did accomplish something. Can someone please point me in the direction of what Dorinda has done in 3 seasons? Hey, I don't mean to hammer Dorinda. I like her fine, although she is looney as hell and IMO the most judgmental about others and what she believes to be right and wrong (don't walk into a restaurant without me, and don't say "fuck" in Europe). Dorinda is very smart, extremely accomplished in her prior career, yet she does absolutely nothing and as far as I have been able to ascertain from her time on the show, and unless I've missed it, hasn't talked about wanting or needing to do anything except travel up to the Berkshires. Which is just fine by me. I just don't understand why the same folks who think Carole is lazy don't feel that way about Dorinda. 

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG.!  I didn't see it.  I wonder why I never heard of this before.  I've only visited NY a handful of times, but, I have quite a few friends in NC, who grew up in the Northeast and I've never heard it from them either.  Anyway, I'm so sorry if my comment was offensive.  I certainly had no idea it was a regional accent thing.  Please accept my apology. 

Carole grew up less than 10 miles from my house, in a similar time frame (Suffern to Monsey).  That's not where she's getting the dropped double t's.  

Also want to say that I work with many highly intelligent people.  People who have multiple degrees, people who are frighteningly book smart.  And yet some of them don't have a lick of common sense in their bodies.  So again, who's to say who is "smart" and who is not?

Ain't that the truth!  There's a reason people talk about "book smart" and "street smart."

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

What do scholarly accolades have to do with the fact that Carole gets called out more than the rest of them for not doing much of anything? There are several posts this week already where she is called lazy. More last week and many more last season. It is an honest question - why is that? You could compare her to any number of these chicks, but the easiest and most obvious comparison would be Dorinda. Maybe I've missed them all, but I don't recall anyone calling Dorinda lazy or driftless. They are roughly the same age, both had very successful careers, both are widowed, and both don't seem to have anything that we can see that would take up a lot of their time. This is Dorinda's 3rd season. By her 3rd season, Carole had released a book since being on the show. I will grant you not a very good book, or a successful one, but she did accomplish something. Can someone please point me in the direction of what Dorinda has done in 3 seasons? Hey, I don't mean to hammer Dorinda. I like her fine, although she is looney as hell and IMO the most judgmental about others and what she believes to be right and wrong (don't walk into a restaurant without me, and don't say "fuck" in Europe). Dorinda is very smart, extremely accomplished in her prior career, yet she does absolutely nothing and as far as I have been able to ascertain from her time on the show, and unless I've missed it, hasn't talked about wanting or needing to do anything except travel up to the Berkshires. Which is just fine by me. I just don't understand why the same folks who think Carole is lazy don't feel that way about Dorinda. 

I don't know if it's the "scholarly accolades".....but the others don't make a pretense of working (well, except Sonja but that's a whole other subject!). 

When Carole came on the show she called herself a "writer", talked about the new book she was writing (which did get published), the essays she was writing (never appeared), the pilot she was writing for the second book (disappeared into nothingness).  I seem to recall she also claimed to be doing other work, though it's a vague memory.  More recently it was the vegan cookbook, for which we saw very little work on the show and nothing happened.  And on the show we saw her miss multiple deadlines for her publisher, enough that she pulled the next book/essays contract.

Carole also made a big deal about the lunch interviews she did for some magazine, which in reality weren't that many or that long, and which were mostly with her own personal (though well known) friends.   I'll agree she needed to do some initial research and needed to write down and condense the interviews, but still.....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mojoker said:

I'm naturally skeptical of anything that starts off "Bethenny Frankel's reportedly suggestion..." which is essentially saying that someone said she said it and then others took off with it.  I'm not saying that Bethenny can't and doesn't say insensitive things, but the woman's not a moron.  So, for this one, I'll believe it if I see/hear her say it.  Otherwise, I'm more inclined to believe this:  "Frankel denies that she ever made the statements mentioned above. She tweeted to the NY Daily News and People, who reported on the news, calling the entire episode "idiotic" and saying that she doesn't have a single white male employee."

I doubt four different women  -- Mary Pryor, Mary Lidey,  Elen Choi and Naomi Hirabayashi -- are all lying about what they  experienced at the event:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-pryor/bethenny-frankel-gives-lesson-not-women_b_9673088.html?utm_hp_ref=bethenny-frankel

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

I doubt four different women  -- Mary Pryor, Mary Lidey,  Elen Choi and Naomi Hirabayashi -- are all lying about what they  experienced at the event:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-pryor/bethenny-frankel-gives-lesson-not-women_b_9673088.html?utm_hp_ref=bethenny-frankel

I don't know any of those women, so I have no reason to believe them any more or any less than Bethenny Frankel. But this piece did add a small clarification.  Previous reports made it sound like Bethenny simply advised black women to hire a white man to rep their companies.  In this series of tweets, it seems as though what actually happened was that someone asked the question, "Should I do whatever it takes to succeed, like hiring a white man to rep my company?"  In that circumstance, I can absolutely imagine Bethenny saying, "Yes, do anything and everything it takes to succeed and, once you've succeeded, you can make your own rules."  That's a scenario I can imagine happening.

• Love 4

I just don't understand why the same folks who think Carole is lazy don't feel that way about Dorinda. 

I'm not saying that any or all who think Carole is lazy, but give Dorinda a pass, are doing so because Dorinda has a child and Carole doesn't. But as a childfree woman, I've come across those assumptions here and there in the real world - if you have kids, you're naturally very busy and don't have time for much else, and there's no question about how you're spending your time. When you don't have kids, people are more curious as to how you spend your time ;-)

One of my favorite books is Straight Man by Richard Russo. The main character has written one novel and can't get around to writing another one. He's completely stymied. It wouldn't surprise me if Carole feels similarly - she wrote a popular, well-received memoir, then a disappointing book, and now...doesn't seem to be working on anything. I think a lot of writers and musicians worry deep-down that they're one-trick ponies.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, film noire said:

You hush, now. 

(Frankel*screeching) YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS TO SPEAK!

I mean, it's not like we saw Bethenny making racially charged remarks like "She needs a tuna roll" and "it's like she's ESL" to and about Jules last season. Or questioning her ethnic and religious legitimacy as a Jew. 

So, really, who are these people of color to question a wealthy white woman? 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I'm not saying that any or all who think Carole is lazy, but give Dorinda a pass, are doing so because Dorinda has a child and Carole doesn't. But as a childfree woman, I've come across those assumptions here and there in the real world - if you have kids, you're naturally very busy and don't have time for much else, and there's no question about how you're spending your time. When you don't have kids, people are more curious as to how you spend your time ;-)

One of my favorite books is Straight Man by Richard Russo. The main character has written one novel and can't get around to writing another one. He's completely stymied. It wouldn't surprise me if Carole feels similarly - she wrote a popular, well-received memoir, then a disappointing book, and now...doesn't seem to be working on anything. I think a lot of writers and musicians worry deep-down that they're one-trick ponies.

Isn't Dorinda's "child" an adult in her 20s?  It's not like Dorinda is busy putting together school lunches and running the kid to ballet lessons.

• Love 8

Yes, but her daughter had been living with her up until recently. It seemed like she'd been close to her stepdad and wasn't doing well after he passed. Even though she's a legal adult, I'm sure Dorinda was spending time with her and offering support.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

So, really, who are these people of color to question a wealthy white woman? 

Well, remember she said she's loud like black women, so I'm sure she can totally relate to their experiences.  

You see, that was one of the statements she made, which was heard by more than one person.  Of course, it would be said she was kidding, like in the situations with Jules.  Personally I see who she is and I don't like it. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I've wondered about this so much, and I have often thought it might have to do with Carole not having a child. Although as others have said, Dorinda's daughter is 23 or 24, and even though she lives at home, I wouldn't think she takes much of Dorinda's time (my daughter, the same age and still living at home certainly doesn't keep me from working and doing voluneteer stuff). Maybe it is because we have seen Carole start things that go nowhere, while we've seen Dorinda start nothing? We haven't seen Dorinda fail at the stuff she said she wanted to accomplish, or state any dreams or desires, so therefore she looks less lazy than someone who does have goals and doesn't achieve them? I am not artistic or lucky enough to possess any real talent, but my guess is that most books that get started go unpublished. That most songs that get written go unrecorded. Most people that want to write have never had two books published, and it must be frustrating if there isn't another book in you. If that is what you do and you aren't able to concentrate, or focus, or see it through because you are a writer and that means you are supposed to write. It's not good enough that you already wrote something, you have to keep writing something or you don't have the right to call yourself this thing that you really want to call yourself. Its sad really. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

I don't know if it's the "scholarly accolades".....but the others don't make a pretense of working (well, except Sonja but that's a whole other subject!). 

When Carole came on the show she called herself a "writer", talked about the new book she was writing (which did get published), the essays she was writing (never appeared), the pilot she was writing for the second book (disappeared into nothingness).  I seem to recall she also claimed to be doing other work, though it's a vague memory.  More recently it was the vegan cookbook, for which we saw very little work on the show and nothing happened.  And on the show we saw her miss multiple deadlines for her publisher, enough that she pulled the next book/essays contract.

Carole also made a big deal about the lunch interviews she did for some magazine, which in reality weren't that many or that long, and which were mostly with her own personal (though well known) friends.   I'll agree she needed to do some initial research and needed to write down and condense the interviews, but still.....

Exactly.  Carole has claimed to be a writer but we see her doing very little of that.   She was so offended by Aviva suggesting that she used a ghostwriter (as any writer would be) but hasn't done much to dissuade anyone from that viewpoint. 

I suppose it doesn't help to be friends with or on a show with somebody as manic as Bethenny, who seems to be involved in hustling if she's breathing.  

It's all opinion, of course, but to me, Carole comes off lazy.  Totally lazy.  She looks unmotivated to do much of anything.  The most passionate I've really seen her is running over people with her political opinions.

Legitimate question -- does Dorinda work?  Has she ever?  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Tinsley reminds me of a cross between Nicole Brown Simpson and Rachel Zoe.

That's actually a really scarily spot-on comparison. 

6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Does Bethenny know how ridiculous and insulting she is with appropriating her pets' names?

Really? I can understand some who think it's ridiculous. But how is in insulting? She can't name her dogs after rappers she likes? 

6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, I would totally miss Ramona.  But seriously Bethenny told her 1.5 twitter followers, her 1.2 Instagram followers and who knows on Snapchat.  What she didn't do was text her bestie Ramona.

See, this is what I was thinking. I said to myself, "She probably posted it on Facebook" (or wherever). I often do that with certain things, instead of texting people individually. Ramona was making mountains out of holemills. As per usual. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Thank you!  

Just want to this, that Carole is only minimizing Ramona's intelligence as it relates to politics because Ramona made comments that were suggestive about Clinton, who Carole is obviously a major supporter of. If Ramona had said something disparaging about Trump, I think Carole wouldn't have questioned her knowledge, she would have jumped right on the train of insults with Ramona. If this is setting the tone for what we're going to get from Carole this season, oh many she's going to annoy the hell out of me, lol.

Sonja is delusional and I don't think her obsession with Tom and Luann is more concern for Luann than it is about feeling slighted by the whole thing so now she wants to be outing Tom...and claiming Dorinda isn't a good friend for introducing them. But I guess Sonja is a good friend for telling Luann to her face that she'll always be there for her while behind her back talking shit about her and her relationship, lol.

I think Luann prefers to be blissfully unaware because the more she knows, the more she has to pretend and it's probably too much work for her. It's her life and she can do what she wants. These women know that whatever they tell her about Tom won't break up their relationship so why they keep reaching to find information is beyond me. If Tom is as horrible as you say, Luann's relationship will crash and burn without any help from you. 

Is it even considered a gift anymore when Bethenny shows up someplace with a basket in tow of all of her SkinnyGirl products? I'll give it to her though, Bethenny knows how to work in product placement well...helps that she's in the alcohol beverage industry because they're such common courtesy gifts wherever you go. 

• Love 1