Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: It Girl, Interrupted

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I truly believe that Beth is not a happy person. She thought wealth would make her happy but she's got it now and it doesn't.  That must be a horrible feeling because most of us think, "If I could just hit the lottery, I'd be happy."  What happens when you make your money, even through something you love doing, and you find out that you still aren't happy?  

This is probably why she's in therapy. And the crusty vagina comment, isn't Beth in her late 40's now? Time doesn't stand still, Beth.  Shut up, you're not 25 anymore.  

Tinsley will never be an "IT" girl again. Get over yourself.  Her nose job is distracting me. She is bordering Michael Jackson territory with that too small for her face skinny nose.   I had the displeasure of seeing Tins, her sister and mother on Dr. Phil a few years ago, her mom and sister were trying to talk her in to going back to her husband, but Tins said no way, she found the love of her life. Ha, and then got arrested for stalking so it seems!  Dr. Phil was trying to get the mother to stay out of Tins life. Her mother is a real high society bitch. I'm sure alllll the ladies know who she is. 

I have always loved Dorinda's short haircut but the cotton candy color she's sporting now has got to go. 

If Ramona is dating so much, as is pointed out all the time, why can't she find a committed relationship? We all know deep down that's what she wants. Oh, yeah, this is Ramona we're talking about. I'm sure men have one date with here and then run for the hills!

Beth and Dennis- I read an article recently where Beth said she still see's Dennis but things have cooled off, she is enjoying her space, doesn't want to rush things. Which to me means Dennis is getting to know the real Beth and wants his space. I remember she and Carole sitting on her bed last season and Beth saying Dennis is so in love, wants to get married right away, blah,blah. I have a feeling this relationship is going to run it's course soon. 

• Love 16

Loved lulu's hat. That shit was Kentucky Derby chic.

What is it with Haus Ho's and their ability to read an invitation and coordinate an outfit for that function?

I will enjoy watching Scare-hole take it in the neck this season - THAT is what you get when you walk about wearing your politics on your shoulder. I would have loved to have seen her ask the psychic about the election.

Tinsley is a Cali 4 to look at, Her PSR* drops to a 2 when she opens her mouth.

Someone needs to get the Ramonster an Adam and Eve catalog - and a supply of Energizer batteries. What an insufferable idiot she has turned into. Her hypersexual drive is past the point of being cringe worthy, It's past the point of being pathetic - it would be sad, if it wasn't so funny

Beffy is a nasty, vile, hateful POS. Her set of "flying monkeys" are just as fucking nasty as she is. Beffy probably knows what a crusty vagina is, she treated Jason to an ass full of it? She in an insanely damaged shell of a woman.

* tip of the hat to N&A

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This is probably why she's in therapy. And the crusty vagina comment, isn't Beth in her late 40's now? Time doesn't stand still, Beth.  Shut up, you're not 25 anymore.  

Tinsley will never be an "IT" girl again. Get over yourself.  Her nose job is distracting me. She is bordering Michael Jackson territory with that too small for her face skinny nose.   I had the displeasure of seeing Tins, her sister and mother on Dr. Phil a few years ago, her mom and sister were trying to talk her in to going back to her husband, but Tins said no way, she found the love of her life. Ha, and then got arrested for stalking so it seems!  Dr. Phil was trying to get the mother to stay out of Tins life. Her mother is a real high society bitch. I'm sure alllll the ladies know who she is. 

I have always loved Dorinda's short haircut but the cotton candy color she's sporting now has got to go. 

If Ramona is dating so much, as is pointed out all the time, why can't she find a committed relationship? We all know deep down that's what she wants. Oh, yeah, this is Ramona we're talking about. I'm sure men have one date with here and then run for the hills!

Beth and Dennis- I read an article recently where Beth said she still see's Dennis but things have cooled off, she is enjoying her space, doesn't want to rush things. Which to me means Dennis is getting to know the real Beth and wants his space. I remember she and Carole sitting on her bed last season and Beth saying Dennis is so in love, wants to get married right away, blah,blah. I have a feeling this relationship is going to run it's course soon. 

Amen to all!

And yeah, Beth keeps getting her bikini photos on Daily Mail again and she seems to be always strutting on the beach with everyone but Dennis.  And every time they'd walk in NYC, there'd be photos of them together on Daily Mail. Haven't seen a pic of them in a long time. I think this "not rushing" is Beth's way of trying to save face.  

• Love 7

And yeah, Beth keeps getting her bikini photos on Daily Mail again and she seems to be always strutting on the beach with everyone but Dennis.

He's been flashed in her Snapchat.  He and Bryn both are getting the feet only edit.  I do hear them both but not see them.  So RHONY was filmedlast fall and he's been around in the last couple months.  But not as often nor seen as before.  I'm sure the whole thing with Hoppy has him stepping back.

• Love 3

Based off of her (weak) tagline and her talking points this week, I'm thinking Tinsley might fall into the same trap Jules did. I don't need to be reminded every scene that she's been arrested and has a mugshot. Not as grating yet as Jules turning literally everything into a reminder of her being both Jewish and Asian, but still.

I also find the way she's being introduced a little contrived and also repetitive. We just had Sonja boarding a divorcee who was in housing transition. I'd much rather be introduced to Tinsley from inside her own actual life, even if it meant shipping the crew off to another state to film her in whatever house it is she's moving from. I need to know how she decorates, and if she has anything insane (and kinda amazing) like Kelly's life-size horse statue in her living room! I always find New Housewife intros really awkward and flat when it's inviting the new cast member over, or to an event, or at a boring ass lunch. Put us at Tinsley's house with Sonja coming over. 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Normades said:

Are we really to believe that Carole is astounded that Tinsley was considered a socialite?  She hung out with Kennedys and Radizwills.  I guess those super sleuthing, holier than thou brain cells were misfiring on that little comment.  Also, I may (or may not) agree with what happened with the election, but I really hate when one side just refuses to even listen to the other.  To me, that says I feel so shaky in my convictions that I cannot even hear a differing point of view.  The whole issue of shutting out differing views is what has given us a very divided nation.  I have my views, but I will always listen to someone else's take.  You can learn a lot that way!

Yeah, that was stupid. It didn't take much to be a socialite. HELLO! That's the whole thing about the socialite scene. All you needed were connections, the ability to be seen. Money. Being at all the right places at the right times and viola. Socialite. Why she acting like she doesn't understand the recipe? Sure, sure back in the day it was a more tight knit crowd and harder to gain access, more of the "elite" but we are talking about the Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian definition of the word socialite this last two decades Carole. Bitch buy a clue, or better yet bitch bye...

37 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Someone needs to get the Ramonster an Adam and Eve catalog - and a supply of Energizer batteries. What an insufferable idiot she has turned into. Her hypersexual drive is past the point of being cringe worthy, It's past the point of being pathetic - it would be sad, if it wasn't so funny

* tip of the hat to N&A

It's passed the point of being believable...

• Love 6

There have been many delusional housewives. 

Kelly "I am up here and you are down there."

Dana "Look at my $25,000 sunglasses."

Brandi "I am a great mother and my tampon has nothing to do with it."

But Ramona is in a league of her own. To think any sentient being would want to hook up with this walking advertisement for involuntary commitment is beyond belief. Watching her with Sonja is sort of confusing because if I close my eyes I think that I am watching "Betty and Joan" and they are reenacting "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane."

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Their revenge is leaving legos and half chewed Nylabones for you to step on, late at night.

I never agree with Ramona, but I do have a hard time with someone asking me to remove their shoes when they have dogs they walk outdoors in their homes.  I doubt the dog is disinfected after going outdoors.  I realize the ground is filled with germs, but don't eat off the floor and vacuum and mop regularly. 

Bethenny should a get off her butt and greet her guests, have her dogs in crates during the filming or at least until the seating of the guests.  Having her guests walk through an area where two puppies are pooping and peeing and negotiating dog fences and gates is just rude and pretty disgusting.  At the very least pick the dogs up when a guest is negotiating poop alley.

I don't think of dogs or babies as being resilient, but the lack of some outcry from the puppy led me to believe there was no puppy harmed during the Ramona walk.  It can hurt just as much if a puppy gets stepped on by a bare foot. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Well I even managed to spell akward wrong, so kadooz to me. No sense in me making a mountain out of a molehill.

Ramona makes me just laugh at all of her wonderful ignorance.

Excuse me @mbaywife123 but I think you meant "Making a mountain out of a holemill"

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think of dogs or babies as being resilient, but the lack of some outcry from the puppy led me to believe there was no puppy harmed during the Ramona walk.  It can hurt just as much if a puppy gets stepped on by a bare foot. 

I watch this show only enough to be able to keep up with the discussion here, so I didn't get all of the shoes-off conversation.  Was one of the reasons Bethenny has a no-shoes policy is because if you have shoes on you're more likely to hurt the dogs?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Well I do have a hodgit but I need to find where I burryed it.

Omg, thank you! I had no idea what that loon Ramona was trying to say... Bury the hatchet, lol. 

I can't stand,Ramona,  so I'm biased but,  I get why  Ramona was working Carole's nerves.  I feel bad for Carole's  frustration, those months were beyond difficult. Having polite conversations about politics during that time was not easy for alot of people. 

As I said above,  I can't stand Ramona, I don't find her to be fun or to have a "heart of gold". She's  rude,  nasty and  elitist  but that bitchy butler was way out of line regarding Ramona and Mario. What is it with Sonja, she surrounds herself with bitchy employees (butler, facalist(?) that talk shit about her friends.  

I didn't mind Tinsley, we'll  see what happens. 

In a clip on WWHL they show Ramona and Luann discussing Beth, right in front of Beth,  Beth screeched do you think I can't hear you? It made  me laugh! She did the exact same thing to Jules and Luann  last season.   I thought, take that bitch. 

What the hell doesn't Sonja get, Dorinda didn't want Beth going after Sonja last season at her home, she didn't think Sonja could handle it. Sonja is mad because she wasn't invited with everyone, what she really should be mad about is that Dorinda chose Beth (the star of the show) over Sonja. Her point should be" Dorinda if you really thought I was fragile, you should have asked Beth not to come? " of course she won't do that because that would mean trying to exclude Beth. Does that make sense, it does in my head lol.

I wish Beth wasn't on the show, imo,  she adds nothing. 

I think Lu looks so much better this season her hair look soft and shiny, her body looks Great. She was looking rough last season. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

How successful was her novel after "What Remains?"  Her cookbook didn't go anywhere, which is saying something since even Teresa Giudice gets her shit published.

I was provided with an advance copy of The Widow's Guide to Whatever.  I was excited to read it because, at the time, Carole didn't annoy the shit out of me.  I could barely get through two or three chapters before I tossed it to the side.  Terrible.  Boring.  

I think other people have said this but what exactly does Carole do all day?  We know she doesn't seem to be a motivated writer. If nothing else, at least learn how to chew with your mouth closed and properly pronounce "kittens."  Sheesh. 

• Love 18

How old is Dorinda's daughter?  She was acting like a 14 year old being filmed for her own YouTube channel.  Very immature girl. Good thing  her father apparently has cash so he can buy her unemployed ass a NYC apartment and custom sofas.  I'm sure Dorinda spoils her too.  Wow, Hannah is not an attractive girl.  Not even in the unconventional sense.  Yeesh. 

Bethenney in the cat suit and wig...UGH. Attention whore much?  I was waiting for her to tell everyone it was Bryn's from last Halloween and as a "joke" she tried it on.  And who brings a gift basket for the "guest of honor" and then 1) leaves it with the (borrowed) butler instead of presenting it in person? and 2) stuffs it full of self promoting sample sizes of your own shit? If B worked at a bank, she'd probably fill the basket with logo emblazoned faux leatherette checkbook covers and blank deposit slips.  That basket was in no way a "welcome to the group" gift.  It was an extra one leftover from one of her promotional gigs.  Did I hear B explain to the (borrowed) butler that it included SG Peach Margarita mix because Tinsley was "southern"??? WTF?  I don't even know where to begin to deconstruct the nonsense here.  Peaches are associated with Georgia, not so much Virginia (where Tinsley said she was from).  Margaritas don't scream "southern" to me either.  And this is purely my own opinion, but artificial or chemically enhanced peach flavored anything makes me gag. I cannot imagine how vile a SG Peach Margarita would taste.  Was the (borrowed) butler supposed to relay all that info to Tinsley?  I bet until this episode aired, Tinsley had no idea that basket was even brought to the party.  I'm guessing the various interns took it home along with any leftover sad sandwiches.

I was hopeful about seeing Sonja entertain in her home, but it still looked like a dump.  Didn't Sonja run some "fabulous" party company?  Sonja in the City or something?  If that's how a catered affair organized by Ms. Morgan looks then no wonder it went out of business.  I didn't get "tea party" or "Mad Hatter" or "Welcome Tinsley" from any of that. One small table laden with plates of take out sandwiches and a bowl of fruit?  My Girl Scout troop threw a better tea party in the basement of a church last week.

Carole is one of those elitist people that believe their opinion is the ONLY opinion, and she has very little capacity to open her mind to anything contrary to her mindset. Other people she deems uneducated, uninformed, ignorant, or lacking the same resume or social circle couldn't possibly understand the world and its complexities the way she (and others with the same, elitist approved pedigree) can.  Carole and people like her think it would be better if the "uninformed" just sat quietly while the "informed" made the decisions that will impact everyone. Don't worry, they will explain it all in one syllable words to the rest of us unwashed masses later.  For someone soooo informed and well educated, you'd think she'd know how to pronounce "kittens". The "t's" are there for a reason, Ms Radziwill.  It isn't pronounced 'Kih-ENZ'.  The only thing Carole said that made me smile was her "Sonja Morgan's Home for Wayward Girls" comment.  That was funny.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I have to reluctantly admit that Carole really impressed me in this episode. She proved to me that she is still a journalist.

She is arrogant, elitist and repeats the conventional wisdom like she discovered the Theory of Relativity. She has the clueless arrogance of the bi-coastal elite media that despises regular people and displays the condescending nastiness of her preferred candidate. She does not know what she does not know and does not have the intellectual  honesty or talent to search out opinions of anyone other than the person in line in front of them at Zabars. She doesn't have a clue.

She is a true journalist and a card carrying member of the mainstream media. Bravo cub reporter. Get that scoop!

Nailed it!  Thanks for the chuckle, @Trooper York

3 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

For someone soooo informed and well educated, you'd think she'd know how to pronounce "kittens". The "t's" are there for a reason, Ms Radziwill.  It isn't pronounced 'Kih-ENZ'. 

Yep!  You'd think she'd also know how to chew with her freaking mouth CLOSED. 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I never agree with Ramona, but I do have a hard time with someone asking me to remove their shoes when they have dogs they walk outdoors in their homes.  I doubt the dog is disinfected after going outdoors.  I realize the ground is filled with germs, but don't eat off the floor and vacuum and mop regularly. 

Bethenny should a get off her butt and greet her guests, have her dogs in crates during the filming or at least until the seating of the guests.  Having her guests walk through an area where two puppies are pooping and peeing and negotiating dog fences and gates is just rude and pretty disgusting.  At the very least pick the dogs up when a guest is negotiating poop alley.

I bet that beffy leaves all the 'hard stuff' to her ASS-istants.

Like walking, feeding, watering and cleaning up the shit and piss off of the 5 thousand dollar rugs in the hallway? I get the feeling that the only interaction she has with her "pets" is to yell at them to clean up after the dogs?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm thinking you may be right.  Not only because of all the things you mention, but also, Tinsley was an "IT Girl", basically because she was striking and came from a "good family" and  then married well.  Tinsley was part of the inner circle of the UES.  As much as Bethenny continues to lambaste that social set, and make fun of it, I think that she envies the fact that she is not part of it, and probably never will be.

But if were Tinsley, I would be very careful not to float the whole socialite image.  In this date and age, socialites are seen as people who are famous for doing nothing - like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian.

• Love 6

Was I seeing things or did scare-hole have a bag that said "radzi" on it?

Wouldn't "asshole" been more apropos?

4 minutes ago, escape said:

But if were Tinsley, I would be very careful not to float the whole socialite image.  In this date and age, socialites are seen as people who are famous for doing nothing - like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian.

Making a porn movie is really hard. You have to remember camera placement and your lines.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I was provided with an advance copy of The Widow's Guide to Whatever.

That book was an absolute snore. No wonder Carole has taken to bowing out of her essay book and trumping up (That play on words should grate on her nerves!) some imitation cookbook with her hipster boyfriend - she can't write a novel. What Remains was a masterpiece. I tore through it in a day. Carole needs to write what she knows. And no, that's not politics. Maybe one day she'll write a tell-all about her time on the show. That is something I'd read. 

What I found so gross was that Ramona and Beth both asked her nicely to stop talking about politics. Clearly, it would only lead to an argument. She kept it right up and acted affronted when everyone wouldn't bow to her "expert" opinion. Read a room, Carole! I can't wait to watch her look for a safe space when the chips fall the other way. Carole is unrelentingly stealth-bitchy about Sonja and Ramona, as well as Dorinda. She takes digs at them constantly and acts all innocent outside her talking heads. I'm so over her act.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Ramona, who has never been a example of having a keen intellect, is coming undone. I never understood how she was a "savvy business woman" because she just isn't that smart, and her people skills have always been sorely lacking. But this season so far, she is just totally off the rails. Mario, liar and cheater, yes, must have been the force behind her success and the glue that held her together, along with Avery. With Mario gone and Avery at school she is flying solo and about to crash and burn. And I do believe all her dating talk is a desperate try to get Mario back. She also seems to be adapting B's scorched earth persona though I'm not sure why other than perhaps she has lost her own.

Wasn't Ramona a jobber? I'm sure in the 80s she had to be smart and hardworking to be able to buy from manufacturers and department stores to sell to stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx, but at a certain point it probably got to be fairly routine.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

imitation cookbook with her hipster boyfriend - she can't write a novel

But Teresa from NJ can churn out like 3 cookbooks. Didn't Kelly (NY) write a novel? Even the Countess wrote a book. I believe Aviva when she said the first book was ghostwritten and reading her insane twitter rants reinforces that belief. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

But Teresa from NJ can churn out like 3 cookbooks. Didn't Kelly (NY) write a novel? Even the Countess wrote a book. I believe Aviva when she said the first book was ghostwritten and reading her insane twitter rants reinforces that belief. 

Kelly has several books on Amazon including fiction novels, so it baffles me why Carole can't come up with something. 

• Love 1

Carole is the real elitist condescending snob in the group. So much that even a gold plated self involved narcissist like Bethenny is telling her to check it.

Luann did put up a haughty front and bedeviled her co-stars because they knew the good time girl Lu who was their friend and partner in crime and didn't buy her Countess crapola. Now Luann is much more relate-able. Over time she has been caught with her pants down time and again. She shrugs it off and just goes "Hey shit happens."

The perfect illustration of this phenomena was from Carole's first season and her first Housewives trip. She was a barnacle on Heather's ass at the time when Luann good-naturedly described herself as an Indian. Carole lost it and demanded that she refer to herself as a "Native American." Anything else would violate her social justice warrior snowflake soul. People should be able to self identify. To call themselves what they want to call themselves. Not have to bow down to Carole as the arbiter of taste and political correctness. Even if they had never worked outside the home.

Maybe after the election Vegetable boy can collect Carole's tears and use them as a natural sweetener and save on his Stevia bill.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 22

I'm scared for Sonja's storyline this season. Now that we know that "plans changed" and Ramona can no longer have her stay at her house because of Dorinda, are we just going to get an amped up version of 'I fail to understand why I couldn't go to the Berkshires' this season. That's pure meanness on Ramonas (I have another name in my mind for her but it just. Isn't. polite.) part disinviting her. It hasn't even begun and I think that Sonja is going to feel a sharp pain from Singer's stinger. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Ramona, who has never been a example of having a keen intellect, is coming undone. I never understood how she was a "savvy business woman" because she just isn't that smart, and her people skills have always been sorely lacking. But this season so far, she is just totally off the rails. Mario, liar and cheater, yes, must have been the force behind her success and the glue that held her together, along with Avery. With Mario gone and Avery at school she is flying solo and about to crash and burn. And I do believe all her dating talk is a desperate try to get Mario back. She also seems to be adapting B's scorched earth persona though I'm not sure why other than perhaps she has lost her own.

Ramona didn't marry and have children until her late 30's.   She said her priority was to always make her own money so that she never had to depend on a man like her mother, who was in an abusive relationship.  She was actually one of the few HW's who had a successful career before the show.

Edited by escape
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

No, LuAnn's biggest offense wasn't weighing in on things like having elbows up on the table during dinner. I'm not going to pretend that tone doesn't carry weight, and LuAnn is quite haughty. Nor will I pretend that hypocrisy isn't annoying. As an example, LuAnn, in response to Ramona's flirting tips to Bethenny many seasons back, acted as though she goes the demure route when interacting with a man. However, the shit that was going on behind the scenes said otherwise; that LuAnn was and is a woman who will go after a man and not sit back playing coy. It's that kind of double speak that I believe has folks unable to deal with LuAnn. 

Like, go somewhere with that fake, coy, "butter can't melt in your mouth" BS.

But that was always her thing... Behind. The. Scenes....

I don't think she was aghast at the intentions or desires or prowess of the women. It was about the messy, sloppy, tacky ways in which one might go about these things. She wasn't shading the end game it was more about the do's and don'ts of HOW to get there that she would weigh in on. Wink, wink..

To be honest I can't exactly root against her for these things either. Why is falling all over the place, needing a snatch guard not something to have some disapproval about. Why is she wrong to acknowledge how maybe Beth's rapid fire rudeness may not be the most endearing thing on a first date? To note that Ramona's diarreah of the mouth probably isn't gonna have much of a good impression for potential suitors? 

I mean the lady pointed out pretty basic shit and even though it was done with a bite at times didn't mean that she was wrong.  I get it but at the same time she wasn't really lying. Who the hell wants to deal with such messy, nasty ass shenanigans on a first date or upon meeting someone?  She was just being honest about the game. Did she always admit to the game? Well no, what's the point? It's well established that everyone is manuevering through some sort of maze.  And I don't think I ever thought of her as some stuffy prude. Was her opinion overbearing at times? Yup. But the women are mad cause she was pretty straight forward with her critiques. And considering how rude and obnoxious most of these women are with their own opinions I never understood what made Lu so much more different than the rest.

I think it's cause she did it so effortlessly that really made it stand out LOL. The others WISH they could administer such reads with the same amount of elegance. How I love me some Luanne shade. She should come out with her own line of parasols... LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 14

But Teresa from NJ can churn out like 3 cookbooks.

Carole's admitted to having a serious problem with procrastination and I can relate. As for Teresa, I'm sure her $13M debt and crazy-ass lifestyle was a big motivator to churn those cookbooks out and cash in as much as she could. Maybe if Carole was financially "hungry" in the same way, it would be different? I admit to being very disappointed with Carole. She had a great journalism career and when she was first on the show, seemed to at least be trying to keep her toe in the water with freelance pieces, even if they were fluff interviews. She seems to have lost her moorings, or something.

I wondered if there wasn't a lot of interest for a vegan cookbook, but that makes no sense. Clean eating is trendy and it's not as if Teresa broke new ground with her Italian cookbooks.

• Love 7

Carole will run very thin this season. One of my biggest pet peeves is a person who doesn't chew with his/her mouth closed. That's common manners. As a big time Journalist!, you think she would know that. That and how to pronounce kittens.

I'm liking Tinsley so far. Enough with talking about your arrest. I hope she doesn't talk about it on and on this season. 

Beth would look better if she gained 20 lbs. It would soften her features and make her look younger. Please no more Elvira Cheetah of the Dark ensemble. 

Ramona is still Ramona and the same for Sonja. 

• Love 5

I lost a lot of respect for Carole as a journalist with her inability to meet her deadlines with her book, and not seemingly to really care about it.  It seemed her contact (editor?) put her neck out for Carole to extend deadlines, and Carole couldn't have cared less.

• Love 19

So this oh so wise and experienced journalist couldn't churn out an op ed piece or any type of article during the election in which she was so heavily invested? If she did write any type of piece about the election were they rejected for sucking because she had no ghostwriter to help her out?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Based off of her (weak) tagline and her talking points this week, I'm thinking Tinsley might fall into the same trap Jules did. I don't need to be reminded every scene that she's been arrested and has a mugshot.

But do you need to be reminded that she's "worn enough color in the last 4 years"? She was in Palm Beach, ya know. 

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I watch this show only enough to be able to keep up with the discussion here, so I didn't get all of the shoes-off conversation.  Was one of the reasons Bethenny has a no-shoes policy is because if you have shoes on you're more likely to hurt the dogs?

Yea, I think she was saying that the puppies run around and get under foot very easily. If you have shoes, particularly heels, on; you're more likely to hurt them. 

• Love 5

I'm sure Carole does read much more about politics and policy, and from many more sources than the other women, but of course she'd get in trouble for saying it - funny to see Bethenny's big ego balk, though their spat could be a fake out.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

It's hard for me to understand if she was such an incredible journalist, won emmy's, interviewed Senators, etc., why the fuck isn't she still in the news media?  You can certainly be paid well and find time to write books.  Instead, she's on a reality show talking about what a great journalist she once was.  Quite the comedown.

Carole left journalism and the news media to mourn the death of her husband and friends...it's like an old life.  Someone upthread mentioned it's like she lost her moorings.  Yes, she did.  She lost everything, and she reinvented herself.  I believe she stated that she only recently even reached out to friends and coworkers from ABC, whom she hadn't spoken with in over a decade.  After what she went through, I understand how she could leave everything behind...it seems like she's finally starting to move on, so she can revisit that part of her life now.   I'm happy for her. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I think Carole does have a clue, and I'm quite content that she's not willing to roll over and act as though she doesn't live in the world. So many HWs go about as though the RH bubble is the only real and true thing (despite all evidence to the contrary that it's real and true given the set ups and whatnot). They pretend that having staunch views on whether someone copied another's hairstyle is of the utmost importance, or whether someone shows up for dinner is really keeping them up at night. Carole and her views are welcome in my book. 

Having a viewpoint is one thing.  Insulting someone else's intelligence because they don't happen to agree with your viewpoint, or don't want to discuss it, is quite another.  

In both episodes so far this season we've seen Bethenny and Ramona ask Carole to stop talking politics.  Both times she's refused.  She told Ramona no one was going to tell her what she could and could not talk about.  (That goes both ways - - no one is going to force me to listen to what I do not want to hear.)  That's not necessarily being an adult or living in the real world.  That's being a selfish asshole.  

If someone doesn't want to discuss politics, or anything, with you, respect their wishes.  If Carole wanted to focus on the election and HRC 24/7, join Pantsuit Nation FFS and bless the world with your intimate knowledge all day long. But she should not assume that she is somehow smarter than the next person, that no one but her is reading the entire article(s) and grasping the meaning.  

That said, I truly hope that her election night party was filmed for the show so that I can watch what must be her epic meltdown.  And I hope that someone points out to her that her better judgment or higher intelligence or whatever was worth jack shit. 

And because it can't be said enough, STFU Carole! 

p.s. - I also want to say that I watch the Housewives for entertainment.  I don't watch because I want to see the "real world."  I love the real estate porn and the clothes but I don't necessarily want to watch "real world" kind of stuff.  Just my two cents. 

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 22
12 minutes ago, shoegal said:

After what she went through, I understand how she could leave everything behind

I've known people who've gone through worse and didn't have the luxury of not working for years and living off of an inheritance and going back and forth from coast to coast to the two homes they own.  Can't feel sorry for this elitist snob who describes other people as tragedy whores when she is the poster child for being one.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Carole left journalism and the news media to mourn the death of her husband and friends...it's like an old life.  Someone upthread mentioned it's like she lost her moorings.  Yes, she did.  She lost everything, and she reinvented herself.  I believe she stated that she only recently even reached out to friends and coworkers from ABC, whom she hadn't spoken with in over a decade.  After what she went through, I understand how she could leave everything behind...it seems like she's finally starting to move on, so she can revisit that part of her life now.   I'm happy for her.   

Reinventing herself through a Real Housewives show and then going on a reality show with a shady "medium" claiming you felt your dead best girlfriend's spirit seems like a really bad way to reinvent yourself for someone who will ALWAYS remind everyone what a serious journalist she is/was. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Sonja to Tinsley: "She had a rough upbringing. Physical abuse, the whole thing."

Butler (leaning in to their conversation as he passes by): "Get over it!"

The butler reminded me of Johnny from Airplane.

• Love 1

Carole Irks the shit out of me because she wants to be the one with the most "substance" on the show and she's got nothing but the fumes of an interesting and somewhat thought provoking existence. Her history is rather interesting to some and that can't be denied but its her way of acting like that makes her relevant in the NOW that bugs. Pick one. Either be relevant in the NOW by giving us new material, or revamping old material or a hybrid of the two or sit back and accept the light appreciation you receive for what you life used to be about. This attitude that she's Oh So present and contributes to modern society in some meaningful and enlightening way without bringing anything to the table besides a century old press pass and a six degrees of Kevin Bacon last name just gets on my last nerve. Girl, be content with your rather interesting and accomplished past. I ain't mad at ya but I hate that she seems to think people are supposed to hold her in such high regard in present day based on that snippet of her life.

She reminds me of Sonja living off of the fumes of her lady Morgan days spouting memories here there everywhere as a reminder to everyone that she used to be somebody. She does it to keep herself relevant instead of investing in who she is today and understanding she can easily continue to be somebody if she'll just stop fighting the person she is now. It's a lazy way to garner appreciation and I'm all about people holding onto the pride of what their lives entailed in the past but to continue to use it as some imagined platform for the here and now is just entitled, lazy and obnoxious.

Reinvent yourself. Hell use things from your past, rework it, reapply it, adjust it for who you are today and run with it OR don't and accept a new path or don't and understand that you are now blended with the masses. I mean this idea that you're still a cut above the rest because once upon a time you did something or were a part of something or had the honor or pleasure of this or that or even if you earned something through blood sweat and tears that's all well and good when being recognized and respected but to expect a continuous amount of awe and admiration on an ongoing basis based on accolades you've already been thoroughly praised on reeks. 

Now I'm of the mentality that I don't need prove myself to no one not ever. I've been on my own since I was 20 joined the Marine Corps served 10 years and two deployments overseas during OIF 2003-2005. Went through childbirth and brought another life into this world and am still making sure he sticks around alive and happy for a good amount of time here on this earth. So yeah, I'm good but I'm not expecting some level of deference or awe or adoration based on these things in MY PAST. A noticable reaction, quick nod here and there won't hurt lol and of course I won't stand for anyone diminishing or dismissing my past accomplishments for sure. But If I want more praise and attention and recognition for my attributes well then I guess I had better get to doing something worth that NEW praise and not just toss out crumbs from my past and expect that to do the trick.  Not saying it can't have any impact in new situations but to lean on ONLY that is just lame.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

I've known people who've gone through worse and didn't have the luxury of not working for years and living off of an inheritance and going back and forth from coast to coast to the two homes they own.  Can't feel sorry for this elitist snob who describes other people as tragedy whores when she is the poster child for being one.

Money does not assuage grief, and tragedy whores are those who haven't actually experienced the tragedy, but are looking for a personal connection to a tragedy in order to get attention.   

• Love 19

Like a person who goes on not one but two psychic shows to reconnect with CBK who loathed the press and would probably be mortified over the medium shows to which her name was dragged in to.  I only saw one pic of her with JFK Jr and none of her with CBK , her "best friend". She's just as bad as any of the people she derides with her snotty condescension.   

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 12