Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Christ..the typical “poor me” victim post to accompany loser Buddy’s rambling script that was written and approved by Whit. I know she reads this forum. If you don’t like what we say then don’t read it. Period. Of course her sycophants are all chanting “hail Queen Whitney” in the comments.

She doesn't seem to realize that she needs the audience. And that the day we quit talking about her is the day she loses her show. 

• Love 12
On 2/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, Ketzel said:

Whitney's instagram, captioned "I guess this about sums it up, doesn't it?"

She also told a fan who asked that there is going to be another season.

image.png

For someone who claims to not care about her appearance she sure photoshops her pics to death.

• Love 8

They could be nail caps.  If you have a cat that likes to scratch, they can be an alternative to declawing, which is so, so cruel to do.  We considered them many years ago for one of our cats who has since passed away.  From what I understand after a lot of research, they don't really work and fall off if you look at them sideways.
image.png.21a57c10e6400a849f3dd9f65d98c2de.png

Just now, sixlets said:

They could be nail caps.  If you have a cat that likes to scratch, they can be an alternative to declawing, which is so, so cruel to do.  We considered them many years ago for one of our cats who has since passed away.  From what I understand after a lot of research, they don't really work and fall off if you look at them sideways.

ETA--I am in no way defending Twit.  If it is "polish", then my already low opinion of her has been downgraded further.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Interesting. I’ve had cats my whole life but I’ve never heard of those. 

Well, I cannot imagine either painting my cats claws or putting claws caps on them without taking a trip to the E.R. My cats were well behaved and liked to lie beside me while I petted them but nail painting would be a bridge to far. I miss my fur babies. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I bet she had it done when she took those poor cats to be shaved in the middle of winter.  Since she is always hot she probably has the AC + fans running 24/7 no matter what the outside temperature is.  Those cats are probably SO uncomfortable all the time.  

18 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Interesting. I’ve had cats my whole life but I’ve never heard of those. 

I hadn't either but our vet suggested them. The colored ones do look like that. They work well for our cat - they stay on a good 4 weeks which is about the time that her nails have grown out sufficiently that they need to be trimmed again anyway. They are (somewhat) saving our furniture.

Well, I cannot imagine either painting my cats claws or putting claws caps on them without taking a trip to the E.R. My cats were well behaved and liked to lie beside me while I petted them but nail painting would be a bridge to far. I miss my fur babies. 

I can't do anything to our cat but she is an angel at the vet's so I have the vet tech do it.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I hadn't either but our vet suggested them. The colored ones do look like that. They work well for our cat - they stay on a good 4 weeks which is about the time that her nails have grown out sufficiently that they need to be trimmed again anyway. They are (somewhat) saving our furniture.

I can't do anything to our cat but she is an angel at the vet's so I have the vet tech do it.

Vet technicians are effing magicians. 

• Love 5
On 2/6/2021 at 5:22 PM, mamadrama said:

She doesn't seem to realize that she needs the audience. And that the day we quit talking about her is the day she loses her show. 

Do you suppose the Thores are behind Discover +, removing every watchable show from TLC and elsewhere, leaving us with Whit and the Slaton sisters.

• LOL 5
On 2/5/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ketzel said:

Oh, good point. I didn't catch the ambiguity. I wonder if this is like her announcing "Chase will be a father in October," when she knew the delivery date was much earlier. So yeah, he'd be a dad in October, but he'd already have been a dad for a month or so.  And now yeah, she knows whether or not there is going to be another season, but she's not actually saying what she knows.

Well we should know soon.  They filmed that first episode from last season in February so if they do plan another season you’d think there would be filming soon.  

I just have to wonder why, if this show is not scripted and contrived, is Chase still being featured? You would think Whitney would put the kibosh on having him appear on the show at all. I thought that whole relationship was bogus to begin with. If it was a real relationship, of which I am doubtful, the lucky bastard dodged a bullet! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, burgerbitz said:

I just have to wonder why, if this show is not scripted and contrived, is Chase still being featured? You would think Whitney would put the kibosh on having him appear on the show at all. I thought that whole relationship was bogus to begin with. If it was a real relationship, of which I am doubtful, the lucky bastard dodged a bullet! 

Two possible reasons:

1. Chase was under contract for X number of appearances

2. His FaceTime appearance was wanted by Whitney so that she could not only continue playing victim for a little while longer but also prove to the audience that this poor, sweet, cheated upon woman is a wonderful human being. She's soooo strong that she was able to tearfully and bravely put her upset aside to inquire about the health of the baby mama AND say nice things about the baby. In essence, her chat with Chase made her look like the bigger person (no, er, puns intended). 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Two possible reasons:

2. His FaceTime appearance was wanted by Whitney so that she could not only continue playing victim for a little while longer but also prove to the audience that this poor, sweet, cheated upon woman is a wonderful human being. She's soooo strong that she was able to tearfully and bravely put her upset aside to inquire about the health of the baby mama AND say nice things about the baby. In essence, her chat with Chase made her look like the bigger person (no, er, puns intended). 

I'm thinking #1 contract obligation...his comment when he hung up on the FaceTime "See ya" I mentally added "in the rear view mirror". But previews of the Skinny show he is making an appearance there too so probably still under contract to end of season.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Two possible reasons:

Even her goal of looking mature seems pretty disconnected from reality. Most people would rightfully cut off an ex who cheated on them, and her dragging after him looking for closure and flipping out about the baby comes across as super desperate. It definitely doesn't portray her as brave or strong, or even "poor me", it just looks like she's a crazy ex who can't let go and needs everything to be about her. 

Given that it seems like the Chase storyline was setting up for an eventually empowerment message by dumping him for not wanting kids/not moving, it's even more pathetic looking to turn into a weeping clingy ex who lashes out at Ryan by proxy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Two possible reasons:

I think it’s both. Chase is there because he’s under contract. I guarantee that he wouldn’t be showing up unless he was required to. Whitney is ok with it because she thinks it makes her look wonderful and caring. It doesn’t, but that’s what she thinks. Plus gives her a sense of control. In her mind she still has her hooks in him because he’s obligated to her. I don’t think she sees a distinction between being obligated to TLC/Discovery and being obligated to Whitney. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well we should know soon.  They filmed that first episode from last season in February so if they do plan another season you’d think there would be filming soon.  

I saw a preview last night for the new season of Sister Wives premiering Sunday night.

If those asshats got a new season, I'm willing to bet Whitney got a new season as well.  

Central Casting She is probably looking to cast for a new love interest at this very moment.

• Love 3
On 2/5/2021 at 12:01 PM, Ketzel said:

Whitney says Buddy asked her to post this video on her instagram. LINK.

Interpret it as you will.

The comments are closed . Every comment is super positive, yeah sure Twit

im glad she got shit for that scene cuz she’s a ROTTEN friend and Buddy has to kiss ass now and tell haters to back off. 

I hope the barnacles dump Twit when this shitshow ends

Also, why was she flipping out on Ryan about chase having a the baby . You KNOW she’s stalking chase social media 24/7

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I saw a preview last night for the new season of Sister Wives premiering Sunday night.

If those asshats got a new season, I'm willing to bet Whitney got a new season as well.  

Central Casting She is probably looking to cast for a new love interest at this very moment.

And yet we still don’t have a 🤮reaction icon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

Between the surprise pregnancy and the surprise pandemic they were lucky to get such a formulaic wrap-up for their season!  Group trip, baby reveal, oodles of Whit's tears, thoughts and feelings, followed by a feel-good moment of baby cuteness and Whit triumphing over her obstacles once again!  They even lucked out with the rain on baby-reveal night! 😄 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, DNR said:

The comments are closed . Every comment is super positive, yeah sure Twit

im glad she got shit for that scene cuz she’s a ROTTEN friend and Buddy has to kiss ass now and tell haters to back off. 

I hope the barnacles dump Twit when this shitshow ends

Also, why was she flipping out on Ryan about chase having a the baby . You KNOW she’s stalking chase social media 24/7

If memory serves me correctly (and sometimes it does not), I believe a few episodes ago, she requested that Ryan not bring up anything about Chase unless he was in town so she could be prepared to run into him.  

Well, Chase clearly was not in town, he was at home with his girlfriend and newborn daughter.  

And I'm no Instagram expert, so WTF did she mean by "I follow him on social media but I have him muted"?  

Is that sort of like "unfollowing" someone on Facebook?  Does it mean it looks like you're still following this "muted" person but their posts no longer appear in your feed unless you go to their page?  

I was sort of hoping Chase had Whitney on mute, too, but apparently that was not the case.  

3 minutes ago, princelina said:

Between the surprise pregnancy and the surprise pandemic they were lucky to get such a formulaic wrap-up for their season!  Group trip, baby reveal, oodles of Whit's tears, thoughts and feelings, followed by a feel-good moment of baby cuteness and Whit triumphing over her obstacles once again!  They even lucked out with the rain on baby-reveal night! 😄 

And mercifully Whitney kept her clothes on for the finale 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/30/2021 at 11:23 AM, 3girlsforus said:

I did. I couldn’t post about it because I was busy throwing up. 🤮🤮🤮

She filled the entire doorway during her “sexy” TikTok dance 😂😂😂

On 1/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, Meowy said:

Makes sense with them pushing Whitney's "big move" back to Greensborough   No show, no need to find a new, "exciting" filming location.  Whitney can quietly move back to her house and it won't be questioned by her fans.  I'm wondering if all of this WLS talk is really a precursor to a future Dr. Now episode. 

Sounds crazy cuz i can’t stand Twit but IF she went thru with WLS.... I’d watch a series with her losing the weight finally (which is what i Thought MBFFL was going to be season 1 ... when i kinda liked Twit) 

Edited by DNR
Fix
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And I'm no Instagram expert, so WTF did she mean by "I follow him on social media but I have him muted"?  

Is that sort of like "unfollowing" someone on Facebook?  Does it mean it looks like you're still following this "muted" person but their posts no longer appear in your feed unless you go to their page?  

I think so. I think she can go on his feed and look at his stuff, but it won't show up on her feed. So the same as facebook--if she wants to see it, she has to go looking for it. I don't use IG that much, but it's been terribly helpful for facebook. I can keep connected to certain people on my own terms, without having to see whatever nonsense they post in my feed when I'm aimlessly scrolling.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Two possible reasons:

Her hysteria about not being told that Chase's gf had had a baby, before the umbilical cord was cut, seemed real to me.  She was *furious*.  Why, if the whole "engagement" was phony, was her reaction so OTT?  I am convinced that the whole Chase storyline was to provide material for that one season, with a planned breakup, probably with Whitney dumping Chase for being too possessive.  The pregnancy (or news about the pregnancy on sm) put the kibosh to that, so a quick shift to Whitney as the betrayed, virtuous woman, with a little geographical seasoning (would she move or not?) thrown in.  I really thought we were done with the Chase fantasy.

She knew a baby was coming--Ryan assumed, sensibly, that Whitney either didn't care or did care, in which case she'd have been following Chase on sm.  Why would she know the specific due date?  Why should it matter whether the baby was "early" and how is any of this her business?

I am totally confused by her violent reaction to something that she knew was coming and that imo she had no right to expect special, instant notification about--*unless* she really thought she was engaged, that Chase really still "loves" her (and was trapped by an evil witch into impregnating her), and that as soon as he can within the bounds of decency Chase will ditch his daughter and come back to Whitney.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Her hysteria about not being told that Chase's gf had had a baby, before the umbilical cord was cut, seemed real to me.  She was *furious*.  Why, if the whole "engagement" was phony, was her reaction so OTT?  I am convinced that the whole Chase storyline was to provide material for that one season, with a planned breakup, probably with Whitney dumping Chase for being too possessive.  The pregnancy (or news about the pregnancy on sm) put the kibosh to that, so a quick shift to Whitney as the betrayed, virtuous woman, with a little geographical seasoning (would she move or not?) thrown in.  I really thought we were done with the Chase fantasy.

She knew a baby was coming--Ryan assumed, sensibly, that Whitney either didn't care or did care, in which case she'd have been following Chase on sm.  Why would she know the specific due date?  Why should it matter whether the baby was "early" and how is any of this her business?

I am totally confused by her violent reaction to something that she knew was coming and that imo she had no right to expect special, instant notification about--*unless* she really thought she was engaged, that Chase really still "loves" her (and was trapped by an evil witch into impregnating her), and that as soon as he can within the bounds of decency Chase will ditch his daughter and come back to Whitney.

Who knows. This is a woman who seemed to think that her best friend should just get over his depression. Reacting rationally to anything doesn't seem to be in her wheelhouse. Real relationship or not, she probably truly believed that as the most important person in the world, and as their employer (since they're on "her" show) everyone really SHOULD run everything by her first. She may feel "stupid" because, unlike the other barnacles, Chase's baby's birth was a clear example of how he doesn't need to have his head stuck up her ass for happiness. She calls zero shots with him. 

• Love 9

The thing that really struck me was that Whitney's reaction to the baby news was wrath that she hadn't been told before anyone else.  Mamadrama's right, of course; Whitney is the supreme narcissist and the world revolves around her, and *you better not forget it.*  But wouldn't Whitney want her persona or whatever to be more sympathetic than enraged harridan?  Those tears (except maybe at the end of the show) weren't tears of a woman betrayed, or of Whitney thinking "that should have been my baby."   In the moment, she wasn't upset at the *fact* of her ex-fiance being the father of a baby, a baby she had longed for herself, or at a re-opened wound of having been betrayed--it wasn't sorrow or self-pity or despair or even tears of joy at the birth of a baby--her tears were tears of raw, uncontrollable wrath, wrath that didn't really have to do with the fact of the baby but wrath that something had happened to someone who *used to be* important to her, and she hadn't been the first person told.

It's not as if she were open to ridicule or even pity about the fact that this baby was born.  Everyone knew the baby was coming, and roughly when it was due.  This baby's birth was not some cruel surprise, some awful practical joke played on Whitney.  And as far as we know, Whitney isn't in the inner circle of Chase's friends or family.  It wasn't anyone's duty to keep her up to date--as far as we know, she wasn't a relative who told Chase "call me as soon as you go to the hospital" or something.

Her rage at loss of control (of *information*!) indicates more than anything else I've seen of her that she is truly emotionally stunted and unwell.  She needs counseling, therapy and maybe chemistry.  She is one sick puppy.

• Love 16

Today's insta story  is Whitney asking multiple choice questions for her fans to demonstrate how well they know Glenn in celebration of his 75th birthday. Then, at the end, she announces that when Babs was pregnant with her, the doctors told her parents that she was likely to have Down's syndrome [sic] or other "challenges" and asked if they wanted "to terminate the pregnancy or keep her." According to Whitney, Glenn unhesitatingly declared that of course they would keep her. (I assume Babs agreed.) She then thanks her father for his unhesitating support. (Maybe Babs had to think it over?)  She is really stretching hard for the sympathy factor these days.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mothra said:

But wouldn't Whitney want her persona or whatever to be more sympathetic than enraged harridan? 

I agreed with everything your post said but I want to highlight this question. I think she really doesn’t understand that she isn’t sympathetic. Her world view is so screwed up that she really does believe she’s a wonderful person who has been wronged. She’s been wronged by men, by fat haters, by PCOS etc. She believes her very nature is triumph over tragedy. That she’s automatically sympathetic, that her behavior is adorable, wonderful, and inspirational. She has no thought about her persona being perceived as an enraged harridan because she has no concept that she’s anything but amazing. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Today's insta story  is Whitney asking multiple choice questions for her fans to demonstrate how well they know Glenn in celebration of his 75th birthday. Then, at the end, she announces that when Babs was pregnant with her, the doctors told her parents that she was likely to have Down's syndrome [sic] or other "challenges" and asked if they wanted "to terminate the pregnancy or keep her." According to Whitney, Glenn unhesitatingly declared that of course they would keep her. (I assume Babs agreed.) She then thanks her father for his unhesitating support. (Maybe Babs had to think it over?)  She is really stretching hard for the sympathy factor these days.

I'd be real interested in knowing (preferably seeing the tests or whatever) what exactly made the doctors suspect that in utero Whitney would have "challenges."  She's of an age to have been subject to amniocentesis and other pretty sophisticated tests.  Down syndrome is not something a doctor should "suspect" without tests, and I can't imagine a doctor asking if the parents wanted to abort the fetus if there were no fairly solid evidence from tests.  If abortion were an option, the detection of abnormalities in fetal development must have occurred in the early stages of pregnancy.

More information, please, Whitney and Glen and Babs.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'd be real interested in knowing (preferably seeing the tests or whatever) what exactly made the doctors suspect that in utero Whitney would have "challenges."  She's of an age to have been subject to amniocentesis and other pretty sophisticated tests.  Down syndrome is not something a doctor should "suspect" without tests, and I can't imagine a doctor asking if the parents wanted to abort the fetus if there were no fairly solid evidence from tests.  If abortion were an option, the detection of abnormalities in fetal development must have occurred in the early stages of pregnancy.

More information, please, Whitney and Glen and Babs.

Was Babs older when she had Whitney? I have no idea how old Babs is and I could see MAYBE the conversation going something like as a geriatric pregnancy there’s a higher risk of A,B, C.  That conversation turned into whatever Whitney is talking about on IG.  I’m more interested in why her parents were even telling her about this conversation anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Was Babs older when she had Whitney? I have no idea how old Babs is and I could see MAYBE the conversation going something like as a geriatric pregnancy there’s a higher risk of A,B, C.  That conversation turned into whatever Whitney is talking about on IG.  I’m more interested in why her parents were even telling her about this conversation anyway.

Well, Babs is roughly the same age as  Glenn--- let's say she's  74. Sweatney will be 37 next bday, so Babs would have been about 37 when WWT was born.  

I think it's  bull hockey.  "I'll take 'Conversation that never happened' for $400, Alex."

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

When I had my son in the early 90s, before the AFP test it was standard to ask that IF any abnormalities were found, would the mother like counseling on termination? That's what I was told when the question was asked of me. I answered it wasn't necessary, and the test was perfectly normal. I could see Whitney way over dramatizing a scenario like that.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Well, Babs is roughly the same age as  Glenn--- let's say she's  74. Sweatney will be 37 next bday, so Babs would have been about 37 when WWT was born.  

I think it's  bull hockey.  "I'll take 'Conversation that never happened' for $400, Alex."

If any kind of conversation happened at all it was something to the effect of ‘I was 36 when you were conceived so the doctor said we should do testing for stuff’ and Whitney made up the rest. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

If any kind of conversation happened at all it was something to the effect of ‘I was 36 when you were conceived so the doctor said we should do testing for stuff’ and Whitney made up the rest. 

Yes, that sounds much more likely. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

When I had my son in the early 90s, before the AFP test it was standard to ask that IF any abnormalities were found, would the mother like counseling on termination? That's what I was told when the question was asked of me. I answered it wasn't necessary, and the test was perfectly normal. I could see Whitney way over dramatizing a scenario like that.

Yes, I feel like she often takes something routine or that could have happened and tries to make it into something billboard worthy.  In this case, there’s not even a legitimate need to do so.  I mean, if they’re making shit up for the show, I can write that off as they gotta film something, most reality shows are scripted, these people are boring as fuck, so let’s pretend this is what is going on, but over exaggerating about an almost 40 year old conversation just so people know your dad really loves you is kinda sad. I mean I think Whitney’s parents love her although I think they are sometimes ashamed or embarrassed by her behavior.  This whole thing is just another example of Whitney is the center of everyone’s universe. It’s her dad’s birthday, but she’s talking about conversations about her being born.  It’s her world, we just live in it. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Turquoise said:

My daughter was born in 1985, when I was 38 years old, and amniocentesis was recommended because of "advanced maternal age" (!)  There was a genetic anomaly (and it turned out to be a quite serious one, but one that no one recognized back then).  I was told there was an abnormality but that it probably wouldn't cause any difficulties.  No one offered to talk to me about an abortion.  Amniocentesis back then was performed at I think 16 weeks, and then waiting for results adds another week, so it's possible back then that abortions were not an option at that late a date in a pregnancy?

At any rate, I'd still like to know what Whitney's alleged potential challenges was based on.

19 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I just fell off the couch  laughing.  In a TLC ad on Google for M600PL, the picture they used was of Sweatney.  

I get those in my Android news feed all the time. They also sometimes use a picture of a 600 pounder when it's a story about this show. Cracks me up! It's been going on long enough that I've decided it's on purpose, and the interns who publish the stories hate her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Ok, so this has been bugging me. Ever since I checked out the Air BnB site that mamadrama found, I kept thinking that the  pool really looked familiar. Twit had posted on her IG pics of her swimming naked in some really nice pool. Found the pic and yup, it is the same place. You can see the blue chairs in the background and it is dated September 15, the same time frame as a pic of her at the falls. Who the hell was taking these pics?

whitney1.PNG

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, puppylover said:

Who the hell was taking these pics?

I'm guessing her favorite salad/sandwich maker Boo Bear.   This is a good catch.  I'm glad at least she was in a private pool, I remember these pictures and I was wondering if she was at a hotel. 

• Love 1