Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: She Done Already Done Brought It On

• Start Topic

I'e been enjoying Jaymes Mansfield's videos on drag history and really enjoying them. I was hoping she'd find her feet before getting eliminated. I hope she'll benefit from being on this season.

I thought both she and Kimora were pretty bad in the lip sync, and I wondered if they'd both go home. Not liking Kimora's personality so far.

Valentina out of drag reminds me of the singer for Tokyo Hotel. 

• Love 9

Agree Cosmic, just came to post: "both those lip syncers deserved to go home!"

How do you screw up Love Shack? How do you not break out wacky Soul Train/Pulp Fiction retro dance moves? I thought Jaymes was ever so slightly more in touch with the campiness of the song, but still not nearly enough. 

Boo. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, kieyra said:

How do you screw up Love Shack? How do you not break out wacky Soul Train/Pulp Fiction retro dance moves? I thought Jaymes was ever so slightly more in touch with the campiness of the song, but still not nearly enough. 

Boo. 

Me three. I thought they might both go home, too. Neither one of them looked like they wanted to be performing at all, LSFYL or not. Boo indeed.

• Love 5

I like Kimora, whiny queen that she is.  Jaymes was well out of his depth here; maybe another season once he becomes more seasoned. 

I'm all Team CuCu! 

Those white outfits were fierce! Well, except for Kimora with that blue bra.  Girl, no colors at the white party!

• Love 2

I just don't think Kimora has earned the 'tude. I'm a straight gal but I feel we've had far hotter contestants (often with far less ego about their own desirability).  

• Love 3

A friend of mine who lived in Milwaukee has met Jaymes a few times and said to me that she's "beyond aloof" and that "it's not even drugs or ADD it's just ... something going on." Not super astute, I know, but it says to me that Jaymes is probably someone who is very in her head, and that doesn't serve you well in competition. Good for her team for rooting for her as opposed to viewing her as a weak link, and good for Alexis for a) begrudgingly doing a part she didn't want to do because she realized she is an "actress" and should be able to make anything work and b) agreeing to switch characters so quickly. Yes, she was getting the part she *wanted*, but she could have easily been petty and refused on principle.

I thought Love Shack was up Jaymes' alley, but whatever. If they actually did the whole song, I don't blame it for being a boring lip-sync, because that song is SUPER LONG (every time people do it at karaoke I groan). I was reminded of pro wrestler Mick Foley, who admitted he got the "Bang Bang" (with pistol salute) catchphrase of his Cactus Jack character from the song.

Totally thought Lisa Kudrow would be a guest judge and not sure how I feel about cameos for the sake of cameos on this show. 

My viewing party loved Valentina (and so did I), but Michelle pointing out the nude pump is why she's so great at this. Shea Coulee killed it with her Dominique Dawes-ness, and I loved Trinity for at first appearing scared as hell but gamely taking on the challenge.

• Love 6

From her meet the queens video I kinda had the vibe Jaymes would be first out, but she broke my heart a little. I hope she finds her footing after the show and gets some bookings (I get the vibe that Trixie Mattell knows and likes her, maybe they can collab) instead of fading into sad obscurity, because I think she's got a lot more going for her than other first boots like Magnolia Crawford. On the other hand, while I think she outperformed Kimora (who I do not care for at all -- all of her looks so far have all been catsuits, breast plates, and way too much going on without actually being interesting, and that lip sync was soulless) I'm glad she's out. Between the mean girl shit she was catching from Eureka in Untucked last week, and the "underdog" stuff this week during the picks, and her really sad hangdog reaction to it, I think staying much longer would have given her self-confidence a real beating. Like a Jinkx Monsoon season 5 storyline, except she didn't really have the It Factor and pluck to withstand being picked at.

Glad to see more workroom and personal stories this week, I'm starting to actually get a feel for some of them now! So far I'm rooting the most for Peppermint and Shea, mostly because Shea namechecked Dominique Dawes (!!) and I'm feeling her aesthetic, and Peppermint is just so polished and lovely. Her high school story made me so verklempt, I love how she was able to focus on the love and support she received in the aftermath of that beating.

I'm happy for Kimora to go ASAP, and I have my eye on Eureka as the rebirth of Laganja. I think they edited around her more than episode 1, but she's still mugging and panting for the cameras really hard, and it's already grating on me.

• Love 5

Why exactly is Wendy Williams still associated with RPDR? Ugh. 

I'm not surprised Jaymes was the first to sashay away, she just seems not on the same wavelength as others, I really hope she finds her footing IRL and gets better. Was surprised that Lisa Kudrow seemed to just drop by for the hell of it and did not have anything to do with the challenge or was a judge. I've been quietly hoping for a while now that she and Mira Sorvino would pop up on the show as the inspiration for and judges of a RPDR Romy and Michele-inspired challenge. 

But LOVED the B52s! They did not deserve that lackluster LSFYL tho (I was hoping for a double Ru-imination because both Jaymes and Kimora did not impress me). Love their comments and especially Fred singing along to Love Shack. 

Valentina is so surprising me, she seems so polished already after only doing this for what, just under a year? I'm starting to warm up to a few more queens like Charlie and Peppermint and Shea; I'll have to rewatch to see who else I'm liking. I'm glad Cynthia returned (and not Shangela) and that she is in remission but Cynthia, girl, PLEASE let up with the cucu!

• Love 4

(FWIW, both Lisa Kudrow and the B-52s have been recent delightful guests on the podcast. Gaga too (well, less delightful, more subdued). I get the sense that when Ru snags a guest judge, he also records a podcast interview at the same time. So even though she wasn't a judge, I bet Lisa Kudrow's appearance jibed with her stopping by for her podcast interview.)

• Love 1

So I wasn't really buying into the Valentina hype pre-season, but I'm definitely coming around. She killed everyone on the runway. I love, love, love my high-fashion, artistic queens like Violet and Raja, but there's something refreshing about a queen coming out just looking insanely gorgeous and polished. And she was feeling herself on that stage.

I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of this challenge. I like the idea, but even as someone who's been keeping up with these queens since they were rumored back in September, I had a hard time keeping track of them and gauging their individual performances. It was a bit chaotic. I suspect the editors agree since they actually spliced confessionals into the routine (which they've never done before) which helped highlight the important queens, but that only served to take me out of the performance. 

I'm still liking the season though, mainly because of the cast. I enjoy pretty much all of them, but I'm mostly rooting for Shea, Valentina, and Charlie. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kieyra said:

Boo. 

Yeah, I thought that Jaymes did marginally better, but there was no way they were sending Kimora home over her.

I found Valentina to be a bit annoying last episode, but I'm coming around to her now. I have the feeling I'm going to flip flop on a lot of these queens before the season is over.

• Love 2

Nope.  Not feeling this season at all. It's not just the queens although I do find them lackluster so far it's the production.  It's all wrong.  The lighting is too bright and it's not flattering to the queens or Michelle.  The sets are charmless, and they've done something to the workroom.  It doesn't look like a backstage workroom anymore, it looks like a set. The pacing is too fast probably so they can fit in more pointless commentary from Wendy Williams and Ross. Ru's laugh in the bumpers is wrong.  I guess they had to do a fresh audio of him for VH1 but honestly the one on Logo was better. The show used to have a kind of Rocky Horror vibe, a bit kitschy, cheesy with dumb jokes thrown in(remember "my big pink box"?) and now all that's gone. As far as this particular episode goes I give it a D+.  The queens weren't funny, the fashion was meh. Most of the queens makeup looked unblended, the contour was too dark and the wigs looked like cheap wigs.  I blame most of that on the lighting.  I thought the cheerleading challenge was boring in terms of choreography, the song was terrible and on top of everything they didn't announce the winning team.  Why do teams if one of them isn't going to win.  And because it can't be said enough the LSFYL was AWFUL.  Both Jaymes and Kimora should have been sent packing.  I sure hope things improve.

• Love 5
(edited)

on top of everything they didn't announce the winning team.  Why do teams if one of them isn't going to win. 

Well, they've never done that on these live performance challenges. Shade: The Rusical, Glamazonian Airways and Bitch Perfect were all judged individually. It's just how they do it. I actually prefer this, because the times they do judge as teams, it conveniently saves a producer favorite who did poorly.

I agree the pacing was too fast, but the runtime was the same as always. The past few seasons I feel like they've become worse at editing the first few episodes where there are still a ton of queens in the running.

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well, it was a fine episode... The challenge was actually a challenge to the queens on to keep up with the routine and still show personality, not the best one for us viewers tho, but it was a good way to warm up these queens on what they should delivery going on. The runway was really solid, apart from Kimora. Waiting to see a sewing/glue stuff challenge to see how they present themselves without looks brought from home too. But again, for now, this was good, see if they have taste/sense of style. Funny that Kimora talked about queens looking cheap but she looked the cheaper of all (as her looks from last week also). Lip sync could go either way... was just ok... The right decision was made just because Jaymes was giving ´´I´m done, please send me home in a nice way or I´ll fully hide myself in my head`` vibes while Kimora at least can be bitch for one more episode, but even on that, she better step up, cause right now shes comming of like those queens that thinks they are fierce/bitch and all but they are just whining and boring.

Right now, all the queens are sorta meeting with my expectations before the show started except for Valentina and Sasha. Valentina I was expecting her to be the one that would rest on pretty alone, but shes showing personality, performance. And Sasha, that I expected to be a fierce contestant/outshine the queens from the beginning, is falling in the middle (her eyebrows are the only thing that made me go: oh look, thats her!). But lets see, too early...

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, CaioF said:

And Sasha, that I expected to be a fierce contestant/outshine the queens from the beginning, is falling in the middle (her eyebrows are the only thing that made me go: oh look, thats her!). 

Is she intending to style her eyebrows like that all the time? I liked it last week but it's not gonna hold up for every look and challenge.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 2

That LSFYL was bad.  Not the worst, but pretty close.  I've lip synced to Love  Shack in front of the mirror a million times over the years. And each time I brought better moves and more energy.  

I'm glad jaymes was put out of her misery early.

Also, much respect to Cynthia for choosing the big girl early.

7 hours ago, kieyra said:

Boo. 

Jaymes' OUTFIT was more in touch with the campiness....but her moves?  Not so much

• Love 2

I've always liked how much RuPaul borrows from ANTM and other shows, but with a wink, and her own style. I've been saying for years that I wanted Ru to recreate Tyra's "I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you..." speech, and I hoped Ru would call the queen she was yelling at Tiffany, whether or not that was the queen's name. Well, I got that a little bit when Ru kindly said to Jaymes that everyone is rooting for her.  But I didn't really enjoy it. Jaymes leaving was right and inevitable (although I feel she was slightly better than Kimora in the LSFYL; but they were both terrible) but still terribly sad. 

I wonder how it was for the B52's to sit through their song with two terrible performances going on. Kinda awkward, but it is a hard song to dance to. I know Ru chose it because they put him in the video, but that would just be hard to sit through. The B52s all seem very kind, though.

The queens this season all seem pretty polished, and it's a little bit of a shame that there aren't any raggedy filler queens anymore. We all knew they wouldn't win, but they could still benefit form the exposure on the show. More than being polished, it seems like the queens the last couple seasons have high emotional intelligence. They're supportive and empathetic, they can communicate well. It's nice not to just have shouting going on in the work room. I enjoy seeing the positive interaction much more than drama or conflict, especially producer created drama. I like that they seem to know regardless of what order they go home in, this is a shared experience and they're all bonded now. Now, as the episodes go on, and the tension builds on the show I may regret my words.

Untucked is up on Youtube.

• Love 2

Add me to the list of those who wanted a double elimination. I was so hoping Jaymes would bring it bc Love Shack was so perfect for her aesthetic sadly no and Kimora just didn't get the feel of the  song at all.  Kimora's was the only runway outfit i didn't like Wichita I think is a first for me in RPDR herstory and I've been watching since season two the are usually two to three our more I don't care for. Did Charlie not stunt? I so wanted to see that.  Is it awful that I wonder if insurance said no to the 52 yr old stunting? 

(edited)

Just watched Untucked... And yes, most part queens are very supportive to each other, even when trying to throw some underline shade or be critical on each other. Only awkward moment was Charlie losing his cool and asking Eureka to shut up (lmao at one of the queens taking the chance to point out that Eureka actually talk over people too much). T

Talking about Charlie, he needs to stop putting the blame on his age/ say the will get rid of the older one. As a joke, it would be fine, but he really was talking serious. In other hand, at least Kimora acknowledge that she went to the show overconfident. Also, we saw footage from Valentina explainning to the judges the reason for her wedding dress. This girl is not fooling around/resting on pretty, other queens better watch out. Shes veeeery endearing and as long she keeps it up and performs well like this week, judges and the audience will totally fall in love for her.

At least, so far, the queens were supportive to her cause if they single her out again for her lack of experience, it will make her a more stronger contender for the tittle. Watching the age thing going on, I´m wonder if it will develop to a battle between the most experienced queen X the least...

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 4

Valentina in drag: ridiculously beautiful.

Valentina out of drag: also ridiculously beautiful.

Trust me you're not the only one. That is one gorgeous human face. Plus she oozes charm and has real stage presence. I sense top three.

• Love 1

That was the weirdest misuse of the B-52s since the time I did "Rock Lobster" karaoke at post-prom.

I wonder if the VH1 move means no more 90 minute super-size eps? I don't know that this one had enough drama for another 30, but it might have helped make the challenge process more clear.

So, I think Cynthia is lovely, is probably a sweetheart, and I'm very happy that she's healthy.  That said, I was very underwhelmed to see her as the returning queen.  The cucu thing has worn thin already, and I just don't find her interesting.  I'm still shocked that she won fan favorite last year, frankly.  She does seem very sweet though.

I haven't fallen in love with any queen yet, but Peppermint and Valentina are my favorites so far.  Whoever said Alexis is Roxxxy the sequel, was spot on - sooo similar.

• Love 10
(edited)

I completely forgot about Untucked until this afternoon, and having watched it, I'm definitely changing my minds about some queens.

Charlie: I want to like her, but is she going to go on about her age every episode? That's going to get old (pun unintended) really fast, particularly if she leans on it as an excuse for not doing well.
Eureka: shut up. Just shut up.
Valentina: seems genuinely sweet and encouraging, and I'm really liking her. Bonus points to her for being picked last and not moping about it.
Farrah: I'm weirdly fascinated by her, and I don't quite know why. I want to see more.
Kimora: I was disappointed in her performance in the challenge and lipsync, but similar to Farrah in that I want to see more. I didn't like her pre-season, but I find myself curious to see what she has to offer.

Edited by Haberdasher
1 hour ago, lyric said:

So, I think Cynthia is lovely, is probably a sweetheart, and I'm very happy that she's healthy.  That said, I was very underwhelmed to see her as the returning queen.  The cucu thing has worn thin already, and I just don't find her interesting.  I'm still shocked that she won fan favorite last year, frankly.  She does seem very sweet though.

I think there's a big difference between winning Miss Congeniality and being the fan favorite. Cynthia seemed truly nice last season - in a way that few contestants on this show truly are - and so I think she completely deserved the title.

But coming back? Sorry, but I'm not seeing much talent there. She danced well in the lip sync when she was eliminated, but other than that I've seen very little from her, in terms of her performance or her style, that's impressed me.

And speaking of unimpressive, there's this week's lip sync. The contestants definitely could have done more, but I also think it's a pretty tough song to do a good lip sync to. As soon as they announced that the song was Love Shack, I thought, "Well, this lip sync is going to suck."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I think there's a big difference between winning Miss Congeniality and being the fan favorite. Cynthia seemed truly nice last season - in a way that few contestants on this show truly are - and so I think she completely deserved the title.

But coming back? Sorry, but I'm not seeing much talent there. She danced well in the lip sync when she was eliminated, but other than that I've seen very little from her, in terms of her performance or her style, that's impressed me.

And speaking of unimpressive, there's this week's lip sync. The contestants definitely could have done more, but I also think it's a pretty tough song to do a good lip sync to. As soon as they announced that the song was Love Shack, I thought, "Well, this lip sync is going to suck."

I think love shack is a great lip sync song..  It's fun and lends itself to big, campy moves.  IMO.

But not the standard fare of death drops, splits, backflips and pointing at your mouth to make sure everyone knows you know the words.

• Love 2

They pitched that lip sync to Jaymes, and Jaymes missed.  Didn't initially like Jaymes, but Jaymes grew on me... and like the last few seasons, the one queen I like to some degree... first one booted.  The curse of CyberJawa continues...

• Love 3

I really can't argue with Jaymes and Kimora being in the bottom two, but after that extremely lackluster LSFYL I was hoping Ru would just send them both home.

For all Kimora's talk about looking polished, her runway look totally screamed newbie. That's in the beginning stages when you don't have enough money or creativity to put together a full outfit so you go to American Apparel and buy a bunch of different metallic/lyrcra shit and wear it all together (including the gold lamé gloves and the Fourth of July bikini).

I totally get what Michelle was saying about Jaymes not developing her character enough yet. I thought something similar last week because she seems like she thinks she's funny but all of her "funny" stuff is prepared one-liners that come off as stale and unimaginative. If she wants to be a comedy queen, she really needs to focus on being present so that she can react to what people are saying/doing, not just throwing in her zingers at random. She also comes off as tentative.

I felt bad for her team because it was clear that she was out of her element in EVERY way during this challenge. She can't dance, she can't listen to the beat of the music well enough to come in at the right time, she can't deliver short simple lines like "I'm Floozy!" - but at least she was trying.

Kimora, on the other hand, had a stank attitude about everything. No one does cartwheels anymore because it's not the 80s? Okay, try telling that to every beginner gymnastics/tumbling class. And if you're so opposed to cartwheels, go ahead and give me a round off back handspring full in double back. Oh, you can't do that? THEN DO A FUCKING CARTWHEEL. Then she was whining about how she hates bedazzling stuff. Sure, it's not the most exciting thing in the world to do but neither is doing laundry and I still manage to make myself do it because I'm focused on the end result (clean clothes) so maybe quit complaining and focus on the end result (having a decent costume for this challenge and finishing in the top).

What the hell was with Aja's lips during the runway show? I get that people line outside of their natural lip line to make their lips look bigger but good god, it looked like she mad every square millimeter of skin between her nose and her chin into her lips!

Valentina was awesome in the cheer challenge and she looked gorgeous on the runway so I'm glad she won. I'm also glad that instead of moping and pouting about getting chosen last, she just did her best.

Peppermint's story made me so sad. People are so fucking terrible sometimes. But I'm glad something good came out of it. One thing I love about this show is that even when the queens are focused on winning, they still bond with each other over the fucked up things that have happened to them. When Peppermint was telling her story to whoever was sitting next to her (sorry, I still can't remember everyone's names yet and honestly, it's sometimes hard for me to recognize who's who when they're in the beginning stages of their makeup at this point) but whoever was working on something behind them was listening and when she revealed that one of the boys beat the shit out of her, whoever was in the background said, "Oh, Pep," with so much understanding that it made me want to give all three of them a hug.

Everyone was immediately suspicious/defensive when Ru announced there was a fourteenth contestant so it would have been easy for everyone to gang up on Cynthia  so I loved that as soon as they entered the workroom together at the beginning of the episode, Nina immediately said that she was happy Cynthia was healthy. I also thought it was very sweet of whoever approached Cynthia (was it Farrah?) later to say she was happy she was healthy and that she had several family members who had passed away from cancer. To me, that felt like she was making an effort to connect with her and welcome her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think love shack is a great lip sync song..  It's fun and lends itself to big, campy moves.  IMO.

But not the standard fare of death drops, splits, backflips and pointing at your mouth to make sure everyone knows you know the words.

Yeah. This is a situation where you can tell who has seen the video and who hasn't (such as the two lip-sync contestants). 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2017 at 9:09 PM, NowVoyager said:

Jaymes Mansfield was giving me Drunk Auntie vibes during the LSFYL--- just sort of wandering around the stage aimlessly. The most entertaining part of her performance was the SA walk.

I don't know if anyone watches the Real Housewives of New York. What Jaymes Mansfield was attempting to do reminds me of a less fully realized Sonja Morgan. Sonja is the queen of unintentional cringe humor. Jaymes was wandering around aimlessly. Sonja is a delusional drunk, but she's always purposeful. The comedy is in the chasm between what Sonja intended and what the audience observes.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2017 at 3:43 AM, RealReality said:

Jaymes' OUTFIT was more in touch with the campiness....but her moves?  Not so much

For what she was attempting to do, Jaymes needed some serious mime, clowning, and improv training and classes. It's hard enough to do that drunk ditzy floozy shtick when you can banter back and forth, but to do it during a lip sync takes a trained professional. Jaymes was not up to the challenge.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

They pitched that lip sync to Jaymes, and Jaymes missed.  Didn't initially like Jaymes, but Jaymes grew on me... and like the last few seasons, the one queen I like to some degree... first one booted.  The curse of CyberJawa continues...

Jaymes cashing in on whatever 15 min she has coming!  Cute video, 2 min 44 sec give it a minute.

• Love 1

Glad that Jaymes went home.  He was so uncomfortably cringeworthily out of his league.  She may be a decent solo performer but definitely not made for competition.  Her awkwardness makes me wonder if she is on the Asperger’s spectrum. 

Kimora needs a reality check.  I didn’t expect anything from Jaymes in the lipsynch and Kimora was equally as bad but at least she got better near the end.  Both could have gone home and I would have been very happy.  Kimora is the type of queen that “Rest on Fetish” not rest on pretty cuz she is not that.  I think she relies on being exotic looking with a pumped up A$$ and puts little effort into anything else regarding her craft.  I get the vibe that she wants the adulation for being this oversexualized caricature rather than appreciated for her skills or creativity as an entertainer.  

So far I am on the fence about the move to VH1.  Wendy W can go.  The Viewing party with the 3 of them sitting in an empty club was just weird and it really adds nothing to the show. Hopefully it will not last long.   Also, are we not going to have any mini challenges in the work room? I miss those lil opportunities to get to know the queens and see how quick they are on their feet – comic timing, ability to pull a look out of a hat, etc.  But my main complaint about the episode is that I felt that the cheering competition went on wayyyyyy too long and was unnecessarily too complicated and drawn out with the stunt work.  

Producers – can you internally decide what the cap will be for hearing Cu-Cu each episode, my suggestion 3.  I am glad that Cynthia is in remission and sincerely hopes she remains healthy.  I also appreciate that Ru gave her another chance and could also say that she deserved the 2nd chance. But, I find her incredibly annoying.  Honestly, didn’t find her funny nor amusing during her original season and was never impressed with her and still am not.  Make the best out of this season but please hurry up and get voted off. I give it 3 or 4 more episodes tops.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Kimora needs a reality check.  I didn’t expect anything from Jaymes in the lipsynch and Kimora was equally as bad but at least she got better near the end.  Both could have gone home and I would have been very happy.  Kimora is the type of queen that “Rest on Fetish” not rest on pretty cuz she is not that.  I think she relies on being exotic looking with a pumped up A$$ and puts little effort into anything else regarding her craft.  I get the vibe that she wants the adulation for being this oversexualized caricature rather than appreciated for her skills or creativity as an entertainer.  

Queens like Kimora irritate me because it's clear that they've never paid any attention to successful actresses and how they mold their careers. It's the very rare female celebrity who can sustain a career just being hot. Even people like Pam Anderson or Carmen Electra are essentially comedy queens. Kate Beckinsale, Milla Jovovich, Angelina Jolie, and Gal Gadot are sustaining careers doing the hot sexy action tough girl. My point being that hot and sexy is a dime a dozen, Kimora needs to do more if she plans on a lasting career.

• Love 5

It was a stunningly lackluster lip synch, especially for a song as fun as Love Shack. This was like watching that horrible 'I Will Survive' lip synch. Jaymes seemed to be trying to add some camp to it but girl had no rhythm to speak of and Kimora was just posing a lot. They either weren't connecting to the beat or the song itself which resulted in a bit of a yawn fest.

I kept wondering if Jaymes was getting a redemption edit but about halfway through I was like 'yeah no, this one's going home.' Kimora's bit about not wearing panties was kind of funny. "Not the slutty ones!" But when she started whining about the stoning... girl. She's one of those young pretty bitches who thinks she's too pretty to actually work at things. Eureka going on about how she gets how boring it get be and that sometimes she can't even look at her craft room because she gets so sick of it all (which is something I think every creative person can relate to) but she has to do it because if she doesn't, she doesn't eat.

Eureka may be a bit over-bearing but that girl clearly knows she has to work and work HARD to get where she wants to go.

Kimora comes off as one of those vapid pretty girls who are always at parties and on yachts as decoration, you know? Talk about resting on pretty, or sexy or whatever. Also? Questionable taste. That 'white' outfit I'm certain I've seen in porn many a time. That's the girl you get a glimpse of and know that she'll be starring in a money shot with very little convincing required.

Valentina is adorable and she has got it together. That bridal outfit was absolutely gorgeous. And I did think it was weird the way people kind of piled on about her Virgin of Guadalupe candle. Do none of these girls shop at ANY store where there is a Latin/Hispanic population? Those candles are at the grocery store. It's not like they're secret. For that matter have none of these girls known a Catholic person in their life? It's all about the saints. That part was just... odd to me.

At any rate, I totally agreed with the tops and the bottoms. I wouldn't have been surprised had there been a double elimination but, as it stands, Kimora needs to improve fast or she's not long for this season.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Producers – can you internally decide what the cap will be for hearing Cu-Cu each episode, my suggestion 3.  I am glad that Cynthia is in remission and sincerely hopes she remains healthy.  I also appreciate that Ru gave her another chance and could also say that she deserved the 2nd chance. But, I find her incredibly annoying.  Honestly, didn’t find her funny nor amusing during her original season and was never impressed with her and still am not.  Make the best out of this season but please hurry up and get voted off. I give it 3 or 4 more episodes tops.

If I heard Cucu one more time I was going to go coo coo.   I like Cynthia & I'm glad she's back and I get she's trying to sell her brand but good grief enuff already!  Show us more than your cucu, we want beyond the cucu story lines and looks.  Love thats she's cancer free and on a personal note I like that her & Acid Betty are still good buds :D

• Love 3

Is Cynthia ok?  I was watching Untucked and it looked like she had to be helped in, and then as the queens began coming in, she was in the back, trying to get on a chair or something and she looked like she was in real pain.  Then when the queens began talking to her, she really changed and seemed a bit slower but so positive as if she was not in pain. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Valentina is adorable and she has got it together. That bridal outfit was absolutely gorgeous. And I did think it was weird the way people kind of piled on about her Virgin of Guadalupe candle. Do none of these girls shop at ANY store where there is a Latin/Hispanic population? Those candles are at the grocery store. It's not like they're secret. For that matter have none of these girls known a Catholic person in their life? It's all about the saints. That part was just... odd to me.

I suspected this part was heavily edited. There was a cut-in interview that just said some generic "really, girl?" stuff. I think the only queen who interacted with Valentina with the candle in-frame was Aja who, a) I think is Latinx, and b) is from New York, so she must be familiar with these.

Because yeah, it strikes me as very odd for a culturally-connected group to see those candles as so curious. I have to think it was fake. 

Yeah, I didn't get the whole "you crazy!' over the candle. The Lucky grocery store (which is a large chain in California) near my house has multiple prayer/saint candles. The neighborhood isn't predominantly Latinx either so I just assumed that everyone knew about them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yeah, I didn't get the whole "you crazy!' over the candle. The Lucky grocery store (which is a large chain in California) near my house has multiple prayer/saint candles. The neighborhood isn't predominantly Latinx either so I just assumed that everyone knew about them.

I didn't get that either. Aja was the one who noticed the Virgin Lupita candle, but Trinity was the one said "you crazy." It's a known thing in California, Texas, New York, and DC. Trinity is from Orlando, which made me wonder if the Virgin was just not particularly popular in the Orlando area.

• Love 1