Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: From Dogs To Diamonds

• Start Topic

I am starting to think the whole Panty gate thing is a kind of Rorschach test to measure the viewers' loci of control. (A test which would be neither reliable nor valid!) Psychology majors, represent?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The always upfront Ilana Angel from The Jewish Journal:  http://jewishjournal.com/blogs/keepingitreal/217315/real-housewives-beverly-hills-week-17-recap/  This is about a true turnabout from her earlier Erika fan girl positions. 

Shocking Ilana has met PK and likes him.

I realize LisaVP is the client which dictates the look of her parties and even though it always looks gorgeous, it's really not necessarily great PR for Kevin's abilities as a party planner because it always looks the same, no matter the occasion. Pink, pink, pink and crystals. Even the theme for Ken's 70th birthday party was feminine. That doesn't stop me from coveting the table with the crystals hanging from it that was used for the rose launch party. Love. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Ha!  Yes, Peter! The other day I said that PK was trying too hard.  My first thought of who he reminded me of was Simon from NYC.   PK, much like Simon, is far too interested in what Dorit wears. I also believe that he and Dorit are social climbers and live beyond their means like the McCord-VanKempens.  And I might've spied Jagger on a tuffet.

I am so on board with this! I miss Alex and Simon though. I would not miss Dorito and PotatoK. The Van Kempens humorous co dependency had humor and depth. 

• Love 4

It looks like LVP was having a Midsummer Night's Dream party, but LVP tweaked it to her taste (the pink, the diamonds, etc). We saw a similar one on the latest season of Ladies of London, minus LVP's special touches, of course.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Thanks for that cause I really needed clarity on it.  It was really starting to nag my thought process lol.

Dance charts ain't bad I have to say but I feel like she wants those charts to mean something they don't to others.

I'm not sure I'm saying it the right way. I'm not trying to take anything away but at the same time I'm not going to only run 5Ks but present myself to others as a marathoner. It's like just because you've run a million 5Ks it will never amount to actually running a full marathon. 

Exactly.  My family is going to celebrate my nephew winning the elementary school science fair and be really proud of him, but it certainly isn't the same as my grandpa being an engineer on the Apollos even if the win was recent and the Apollo Space Program ended ~40 years ago (bringing it back to the original post about Erika's Dance chart hits being 30 years more recent than Boy George's Top 100 hits).  Making a potato battery isn't the same as putting a man on the moon except for I guess they both involve science.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hopefully this isn't a spoiler, since we saw it in the previews for next week, but Dorit brings it up again, saying something like "well you've already shown us all your stuff". 

I'm aware of this and I referenced it in my response. This premise that Dorit has prolonged and beaten the proverbial horse to death only to give it CPR multiple times so she can beat it some more is fiction. She recapped the matter with Kyle, shared the issue with Eileen and Rinna because they weren't present (exactly what Eden did when she had to go huff about how "bizarre" Eden is), gifted Erika the panties and has not initiated any dialogue about the subject since.

Eileen is the one who revived the issue on multiple occasions but somehow Eileen has no culpability for things that she actually did (out and out present the idea that Erika's exposure was intentional, resurrect a topic that is just so mortifying to Erika) that are being ascribed to Dorit.

Erika herself brought the matter back into the discourse and apparently wants to discuss it at Lisa's party since she noted that she's expecting an apology ... even though Dorit already apologized and was told that no apology would ever be sufficient enough.

Not sure how any of this supports the thesis that Dorit brought up Erika's lack of panties repeatedly, even months later. 

3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So is this the standard now? I accidentally lean over and flash my cleavage and I have to apologize to those that look long past the appropriate time? Or someone else who has a boob flop out of their bathing suit (even if they should have known better) has to say "sorry" to someone who might have been leering at the sight?  I would have an impossible time trying to get a list together of all the people I have known who have made unfortunate decisions that resulted in a moment that someone saw something they should not have. They would be shocked to hear that they had a responsibility to issue apologies. 

Oh, and don't forget that PK, who is the one who was apparently flashed, claimed that he didn't mind the view at all. Claimed this when talking to Dorit, which is really the reason that Dorit had such a problem with the whole deal. Didn't sound like he was looking for an apology, but maybe hoping for a second opportunity. 

There's an "appropriate" amount of "time" for looking at something anomalous (a visible labia in a public setting) when the person being regarded has explicitly called attention to the anomaly and visibility themselves? What amount of time is that? 

If you're proudly proclaiming to mixed company including two married couples that you're "not wearing a bra" in reference to a cleavage-bearing dress that you have on, I guess those people are supposed to - well, what exactly? Make sure they look anywhere except the very place to which you've voluntarily drawn attention? 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But that's not exactly how it happened. LVP did notice Erika wasn't wearing any underwear and kidded her about it. In her joke, LVP pointedly asked Erika if she had any underwear for Kyle to borrow, and that's why Erika replied she wasn't wearing any (which LVP already knew, as she then proclaimed, "I saw! I saw!"). It was all a part of a banter. So, it would seem that at least one person had realized she was commando and it was definitely not as if Erika simply announced this out of the blue.

I took LVP single exclamation to mean she "saw that" after she put her hand on Erika's leg and the napkin shifted.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/lisa-vanderpump/lisa-vanderpump-it-is-an  I am not certain when she noticed she wasn't wearing any underwear and that makes matters a bit worse, if someone seated next to you noticed.  The folks on the other side of the couch claimed they though tit was nude panties.  Nor have I said she announced it out of the blue.  They were talking about Kyle's pantyline and needing underwear before the moment Erika announced. 

I still maintain had Erika not said anything about no underwear and just told LVP she didn't have an extra pair-nothing would have happened.  Who really cares if you see someone's underwear? Instead she announced she wasn't wearing any.  It changed the dynamic from pantylines to flashing.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Exactly.  My family is going to celebrate my nephew winning the elementary school science fair and be really proud of him, but it certainly isn't the same as my grandpa being an engineer on the Apollos even if the win was recent and the Apollo Space Program ended ~40 years ago (bringing it back to the original post about Erika's Dance chart hits being 30 years more recent than Boy George's Top 100 hits).  Making a potato battery isn't the same as putting a man on the moon except for I guess they both involve science.  

You have to love galvanic power - Two guys that owned a bicycle shop started us on the way to the moon, every small contribution, is that first step in that leap for mankind that people talk about..

I think that they should do more of the HW doing their own chores around the house.

LVP doing her own ironing and bitching about it was kinda funny.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Someone posted earlier that while she initially laughed, they cut out the part where Kyle said she didn't think the gift of the panties was such a good idea. 

Yes, Kyle did say something but Kyle wasn't/isn't as close to Erika as Eileen was/is, not by a long shot, so Eileen's encouragement would have carried more importance that Kyle's IMO.

• Love 3

To me, it doesn't really matter who encouraged what. It was still a stupid gift/prank to play on someone you just met. A "joke" like that would have worked between Dorit and LVP or Rinna and Eileen or LVP and Kyle since they have years of friendship behind them. But coming from someone you've known for less than a month? Yeah, no.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Her boutiques closed down years ago and wouldn't have had that much inventory.  They are not going to put her on TV to sell 3 units in each size/color option of some 5 year old jeans.  They sell hundreds of units in each segment on these shopping shows.

I'm ashamed to admit I own 2 of her QVC pieces.  The colors are pretty and matched a pair of Capri pants. I have to say that they were comfortable too.

7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Getting on the Dance charts is still an accomplishment for her, especially getting a bunch of number ones.  But it just isn't comparable to being number one on the Hot 100 chart.  When you say you've got a number one hit single, that's the chart everyone thinks of.  It looks like while George is no stranger to the top 10 on the Hot 100, Karma Chameleon is the only one that hit #1.  Do You Really Want to Hurt Me was kept out of #1 by Billie Jean (Michael Jackson).  He and his contemporaries are household names.  Top 100 (for songs) and Top 200 (for albums) are based on sales, radio airplay, and streaming.  Dance is based on reports from DJs on what they are playing in da club.

If my dad, who tortured me with George Strait and Tammy Wynette on long road trips as a child, not only knew who he was and liked Boy George's voice and songs, when he was in his 60s?

Absolutely a household name.

Having said that, I commend Ericka for achieving her goals.  But she's not Boy George.

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Makes me think of the movie Titanic when Rose's mom says, "New money" in regards to Molly Brown..............

New money, old money.  I'd just LIKE to have some money.  I dream of that resort, with the huts on the water where Tamra and Eddie went.  Dream because I went to the website and looked at the prices.

1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But that's not exactly how it happened. LVP did notice Erika wasn't wearing any underwear and kidded her about it. In her joke, LVP pointedly asked Erika if she had any underwear for Kyle to borrow, and that's why Erika replied she wasn't wearing any (which LVP already knew, as she then proclaimed, "I saw! I saw!"). It was all a part of a banter. So, it would seem that at least one person had realized she was commando and it was definitely not as if Erika simply announced this out of the blue.

Last week I did extensive video research on this moment and did not come across this scenerio on any of the videos.  This may have hapoened right before what i was able to find.  What I found makes me think LVP did not know Ericka wasn't wearing underwear until Ericka said so.  It's the "ohhhh" LVP let's out.  It, at least to me, conveys shock, surprise and a little "how cheeky".  She'd had her hand around Ericka's knee, on her thigh and whipped her hand up and then gave her a napkin.

It was quite cute really. Both LVP and Ericka.  Ericka was really gracious and laughed it off. She did a good job of covering any embarrassment. 

So in conclusion.

Lisa Rinna is vile.

• Love 14

If her crotch, labia and vagina are so 'precious' to EJ, she may as well keep them all under wraps, lest someone catch a glimpse of the 'treasure/money pit'?

You can have a Playboy looking crotch, but it's the person that it's attached to that makes a ton of difference - IF you do not respect yourself, how can you expect someone to respect you? Her ass isn't anymore special than anyone else's ass.

I don't owe you any fucking apology if YOU decide to leave the house without keeping your culo outta the wind. If you cannot foresee the possibility of someone seeing your ass - You need to work on your issues.

When you wield your 'sexuality' like a club, lure, trap, prize - you got some serious fuckery going on in your life - And no one can help you with that - it's all you and where your 'sit' on the subject.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

If her crotch, labia and vagina are so 'precious' to EJ, she may as well keep them all under wraps, lest someone catch a glimpse of the 'treasure/money pit'?

You can have a Playboy looking crotch, but it's the person that it's attached to that makes a ton of difference - IF you do not respect yourself, how can you expect someone to respect you? Her ass isn't anymore special than anyone else's ass.

I don't owe you any fucking apology if YOU decide to leave the house without keeping your culo outta the wind. If you cannot foresee the possibility of someone seeing your ass - You need to work on your issues.

When you wield your 'sexuality' like a club, lure, trap, prize - you got some serious fuckery going on in your life - And no one can help you with that - it's all you and where your 'sit' on the subject.

Culo -- that's a new one to me. Have not heard that before.

• Love 1

Oh, By the way?

PK was a knucklehead for - Not moving his seat/excusing himself/brought it up in the first place and telling his wife he 'enjoyed the view'.

Either way he was screwed - he admitted to looking/seeing/liking it, I wonder if he said she had a nasty crotch and Doritos had reported back with that info?

EJ would probably have flown into a rage wondering why PK wasn't thunderstruck by the glimpse of her privates.

I am SURE that this would have played out differently with any of the other Hohubbies.

Ken is too old, Mo? too dumb, Harry? too afraid and Vince? he would never cheat on Eileen?

Now? factor in the reaction of the Haus Ho's toward EJ if their hubbies were 'assaulted' in the same manner?

------------------

LOLOL, This Old House is doing a show on lawn care and aerating your lawn........EJ should look into making that a profession?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Erika could have avoided any embarrassment by selecting any one of these options:

Option 1: Wear underpants

Option 2: Choose a longer dress

Option 3: Wear pants*

Option 4: Sit with legs crossed all night

Option 5: Sit with uncrossed legs, but well back in chair

Option 6: Don't say "I'm not wearing any" when asked if you have a pair to spare

Option 7: Carefully consider your no pants/short dress combo before leaving the house. Try it out at home before you leave.

*Added bonus: you can now safely mention you aren't wearing underwear if asked

Even if no one said a word about it, and even if Dorit didn't buy the undies and Eileen didn't mock Erika and Rinna didn't Rinna, even if none of that happened, the Bravo Cameras were still there and I have no doubt they would have found a way to let us know Erika was sitting there with exposed bits. They'd have run out of pixels that night making the point, I'm sure of it.  

ErICKa is an a hole.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Erika could have avoided any embarrassment by selecting any one of these options:

Option 1: Wear underpants

Option 2: Choose a longer dress

Option 3: Wear pants*

Option 4: Sit with legs crossed all night

Option 5: Sit with uncrossed legs, but well back in chair

Option 6: Don't say "I'm not wearing any" when asked if you have a pair to spare

Option 7: Carefully consider your no pants/short dress combo before leaving the house. Try it out at home before you leave.

*Added bonus: you can now safely mention you aren't wearing underwear if asked

Even if no one said a word about it, and even if Dorit didn't buy the undies and Eileen didn't mock Erika and Rinna didn't Rinna, even if none of that happened, the Bravo Cameras were still there and I have no doubt they would have found a way to let us know Erika was sitting there with exposed bits. They'd have run out of pixels that night making the point, I'm sure of it.  

Option 8: Give ZERO fucks, for reals.  No shame, no embarrassment, no apologies needed - just OWN IT, BABY.

• Love 22

What would have been great is if Tom was the one sitting across from her.  Would she have said "I'm not wearing any" to Lisa?   Would Tom check it out and give her a disapproving look?    I agree it happened, she was the one who announced it loud and clear, so Own It.   But, don't make this as if Tom is going to fall to pieces knowing people are talking about your puss!  And STOP demanding apologies.  You showed it, people looked.   God forbid it was Dorit who accidentally showed her puss to Tom - and you can't tell me Tom wouldn't have looked.   Erika would be belittling her non-stop.  She would have been discussing it with Mikey - "she just can't pull it off - she needs to wear underwear"  - and Mikey would have said "Oh her puss has nothing on your puss - and I've seen it a thousand times - it's NEXT LEVEL".

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

What would have been great is if Tom was the one sitting across from her.  Would she have said "I'm not wearing any" to Lisa?   Would Tom check it out and give her a disapproving look?    I agree it happened, she was the one who announced it loud and clear, so Own It.   But, don't make this as if Tom is going to fall to pieces knowing people are talking about your puss!  And STOP demanding apologies.  You showed it, people looked.   God forbid it was Dorit who accidentally showed her puss to Tom - and you can't tell me Tom wouldn't have looked.   Erika would be belittling her non-stop.  She would have been discussing it with Mikey - "she just can't pull it off - she needs to wear underwear"  - and Mikey would have said "Oh her puss has nothing on your puss - and I've seen it a thousand times - it's NEXT LEVEL".

LOVE IT!!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I took LVP single exclamation to mean she "saw that" after she put her hand on Erika's leg and the napkin shifted.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/lisa-vanderpump/lisa-vanderpump-it-is-an  I am not certain when she noticed she wasn't wearing any underwear and that makes matters a bit worse, if someone seated next to you noticed.  The folks on the other side of the couch claimed they though tit was nude panties.  Nor have I said she announced it out of the blue.  They were talking about Kyle's pantyline and needing underwear before the moment Erika announced. 

I still maintain had Erika not said anything about no underwear and just told LVP she didn't have an extra pair-nothing would have happened.  Who really cares if you see someone's underwear? Instead she announced she wasn't wearing any.  It changed the dynamic from pantylines to flashing.

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Last week I did extensive video research on this moment and did not come across this scenerio on any of the videos.  This may have hapoened right before what i was able to find.  What I found makes me think LVP did not know Ericka wasn't wearing underwear until Ericka said so.  It's the "ohhhh" LVP let's out.  It, at least to me, conveys shock, surprise and a little "how cheeky".  She'd had her hand around Ericka's knee, on her thigh and whipped her hand up and then gave her a napkin.

It was quite cute really. Both LVP and Ericka.  Ericka was really gracious and laughed it off. She did a good job of covering any embarrassment.

So, out of curiosity, do you guys think LVP was being serious when she asked Erika if she had a pair of underwear for Kyle? Doesn't that seem a bit of a strange question to ask in earnest at a cocktail party? Like, hey, Kyle needs some underwear, do you happen to have an extra pair of panties for her lying around? I mean, I'm not a woman, but I have never heard of women toting around extra panties at a cocktail party. Mileage obviously varies, but to me it was a very obvious barb about Erika not wearing any underwear (also, keep in mind that LVP says in the next episode, "I saw what Mr. Girardi has been munching on for the last 30 years.")

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

So, out of curiosity, do you guys think LVP was being serious when she asked Erika if she had a pair of underwear for Kyle? Doesn't that seem a bit of a strange question to ask in earnest at a cocktail party? Like, hey, Kyle needs some underwear, do you happen to have an extra pair of panties for her lying around? I mean, I'm not a woman, but I have never heard of women toting around extra panties at a cocktail party. Mileage obviously varies, but to me it was a very obvious barb about Erika not wearing any underwear (also, keep in mind that LVP says in the next episode, "I saw what Mr. Girardi has been munching on for the last 30 years.")

LVP tries to "put on the dog" because she want to be thought of as some 'cheeky, funny and bawdy' broad.

Humor is a hard thing to pull off in a group. Especially a mixed group of people that barely know each other.

I seem to remember Mr vanderpump getting all tight in the shorts because someone was dogging his old lady?

Listen carefully to LVPs jokes/humor/puns and jokes - they almost always are cringe worthy and meant to main, hurt or demoralize.

Check the wind, distance, sight your target, slow your breathing - deep breath - half exhale and s-q-u-e-e-z-e that trigger.

Simple.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dosodog said:

LVP has this thing about underwear jokes.   How big are my knickers, I've got one suitcase jusr for my underwear, Kyle teases her about her underwear, so as far as LVP goes, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to talk about underwear.

Do I think most people talk about underwear?  No, but it does seem to be a LVP thing.

Nor do I know of anyone toting around extra pairs of undies.  On the other hand, as far as I know,  everyone I know wears underwear in public.  

I've seen the pantylines......

Of course now I say, how coincidental that Kyle needed underwear the same night Ericka wasn't wearing any.....

So.  After weighing the evidence I can find, I conclude. 

Lisa Rinna is vile. 

Hmmmm, vile spells EVIL, too?

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Actually Kyle started by calling LVP and asking if LVP had a spare pair.  So it wasn't totally out of context. I think if Rinna or Dorit were sitting next to LVP she would have pulled the same gag.  Her joke was Kyle needed underwear it was about Kyle having a panty line.   I still don't believe LVP had an awareness of Erika was commando until she mentioned it.

Andy has called into question the banter between Kyle and LVP and they both claim to like it. 

To answer your question about extra underwear.  Since this was being filmed and at LVP's restaurant where filming occurs, I would not be surprised to see LVP having a stash of emergency items.    Here is a list of what stylists keep stocked in their tool kits:  http://www.instyle.com/news/celebrity-stylists-red-carpet-emergency-kit-secrets  Number 1 item-nude commando panties.

• Love 8

Oh....  Kyle cutting that pantsuit was painful to watch. 

I don't know where I saw it but there was a comedy sketch many years ago about where is the good scissors because they weren't where they were supposed to be.  Who took the good scissors?  It may have been George Carlin.  Ok.  Warning.  Going on the soapbox.  I have a small pair of scissors for scrapbooking.  They're super sharp.  My daughter lost them for almost a year.  I was so pissed.  I now hide them.  I have special scissors that I use to cut meat.  My husband borrowed them to cut a piece of leather and then didn't put them back.  Two fouls.  I have another large scissors to cut material just in case - like replacing the material on the dining room chairs.  'They' disappeared for a long time until I finally came upon them and then I hid them too.  Every house should have at least one good pair of scissors.  Off the box.  A tape measure or a long ruler wouldn't hurt either.  I love Kyle but geez.  Painful.  I could go on about the disappearing black sharpies and using good knives to open up plastic.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't know where I saw it but there was a comedy sketch many years ago about where is the good scissors because they weren't where they were supposed to be.  Who took the good scissors?  It may have been George Carlin.  Ok.  Warning.  Going on the soapbox.  I have a small pair of scissors for scrapbooking.  They're super sharp.  My daughter lost them for almost a year.  I was so pissed.  I now hide them.  I have special scissors that I use to cut meat.  My husband borrowed them to cut a piece of leather and then didn't put them back.  Two fouls.  I have another large scissors to cut material just in case - like replacing the material on the dining room chairs.  'They' disappeared for a long time until I finally came upon them and then I hid them too.  Every house should have at least one good pair of scissors.  Off the box.  A tape measure or a long ruler wouldn't hurt either.  I love Kyle but geez.  Painful.  I could go on about the disappearing black sharpies and using good knives to open up plastic.

What you need is a good ulu,  Works for any sharp-edged household need, including slashing a spouse's throat or your own wrists.  Your own damned hand spread wide fingertip-to-fingertip measures about 8 inches.  What else do you need to know?  :-)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I thought it was cute and relatable.  I always buy a good pair of scissors and hide them, then when I need them the most I find out someone else found my hiding spot and used them to cut paper and all kinds of crap and ruined them!  Drives me crazy.  I liked that Kyle went out of her way to be polite and stay in line with the hostess' requests for dress.  It was hard to watch her ruin what was probably a very expensive garment, though, but hey that BH for ya.  Also, as someone who sews, it's pretty common to have a slight difference in length on legs.  It can depend on body shape and the way a person stands.  As long as it looked good while on, that's what's important.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I used to carry a Swiss Army knife.

I lost THREE before I gave up on having one handy - I also lost a really nice Buck knife, too

Fast Forward a few years?

My dad passed and we got to cleaning up his stuff and my mom said to me, "there is a box of knives that you may want to have, they belonged to your father".

I was immediately humbled - She gave me a old cigar box that he kept all HIS knives in - I took the box and opened it.

Inside were some beautiful old folding knives - bone, bakelite handled - but the ones that caught my eye were the THREE SAKs that I had lost.

I started to laugh. I lost had them around the house when I'd whip them out to cut something when I was working with Pops. Instead of returning them to me, he'd put them into the box and waited for me to buy another -

I did get the best of him in the long run, I stopped carrying a knife?

(Oh, the Buck knife was in there, too!)

------------

I have FOUR pairs  of scissors - all the same brand, model - but that is another story.

ALL kyle had to do was to measure and -instead of using scissors - she should have used the ruler and a box cutter.

Someone mentioned having Mo help her out, but he was too busy trying to figure out what color of "AGENCY" tee would go good with Levis?

• Love 10
10 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I took it to mean Lisa V. had seen what she thought was nude colored underwear on Erika (a color that doesn't show through under white clothes) and she jokingly asked Erika if she had an extra pair. It was not a serious question, just a typical LVP attempt at a joke, (they are not all winners) where she was kinda trying to get chummy with Erika but mainly teasing Kyle for wearing the wrong color/kind of unders, which were showing in Kyle's outfit. (IIRC).

It doesn't make sense to me that it was a barb about Erika going commando. Because that's not embarrassing (doing it wrong is) or was it more that Lisa knew Erika was exposing herself and came up with a convoluted plan, involving Kyle, to let everyone know? Couldn't she just have used her Mr. Girardi line right then if that was her goal?

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I'm aware of this and I referenced it in my response. This premise that Dorit has prolonged and beaten the proverbial horse to death only to give it CPR multiple times so she can beat it some more is fiction. She recapped the matter with Kyle, shared the issue with Eileen and Rinna because they weren't present (exactly what Eden did when she had to go huff about how "bizarre" Eden is), gifted Erika the panties and has not initiated any dialogue about the subject since.

Eileen is the one who revived the issue on multiple occasions but somehow Eileen has no culpability for things that she actually did (out and out present the idea that Erika's exposure was intentional, resurrect a topic that is just so mortifying to Erika) that are being ascribed to Dorit.

Erika herself brought the matter back into the discourse and apparently wants to discuss it at Lisa's party since she noted that she's expecting an apology ... even though Dorit already apologized and was told that no apology would ever be sufficient enough.

Not sure how any of this supports the thesis that Dorit brought up Erika's lack of panties repeatedly, even months later. 

There's an "appropriate" amount of "time" for looking at something anomalous (a visible labia in a public setting) when the person being regarded has explicitly called attention to the anomaly and visibility themselves? What amount of time is that? 

If you're proudly proclaiming to mixed company including two married couples that you're "not wearing a bra" in reference to a cleavage-bearing dress that you have on, I guess those people are supposed to - well, what exactly? Make sure they look anywhere except the very place to which you've voluntarily drawn attention? 

The "appropriate" length of time is probably close to the amount of time a person can stare - comfortably - into the sun.

Some people just don't realize there is a certain danger in pursuing both goals? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I thought it was cute and relatable.  I always buy a good pair of scissors and hide them, then when I need them the most I find out someone else found my hiding spot and used them to cut paper and all kinds of crap and ruined them!  Drives me crazy.  I liked that Kyle went out of her way to be polite and stay in line with the hostess' requests for dress.  It was hard to watch her ruin what was probably a very expensive garment, though, but hey that BH for ya.  Also, as someone who sews, it's pretty common to have a slight difference in length on legs.  It can depend on body shape and the way a person stands.  As long as it looked good while on, that's what's important.  

NOW I find this out?

I have a nice little scar, mid thigh on the right side where I punched the tip of a pair of scissors into my skin.

I was trying to cut a pair of Levis into shorts, while wearing them.

I guess I owe Kyle an apology?

• Love 6

I will probably take some heat for this, but, Mo reminds me of Ricky Ricardo. When anyone asks him how he is he answers " Fabuloussssss". And he is likely telling the truth, but there is something inauthentic about him that bothers me. Kudos for his accomplishments and for being devoted to his family, but... he also has no question about how he got his start. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

will probably take some heat for this, but, Mo reminds me of Ricky Ricardo. When anyone asks him how he is he answers " Fabuloussssss". And he is likely telling the truth, but there is something inauthentic about him that bothers me. Kudos for his accomplishments and for being devoted to his family, but... he also has no question about how he got his start. 

I think the word is amaaaaaaaazing.  Mauricio said something early on at one of the Reunions, "a fish gets caught by their mouth", my guess is there is no reason for him to come of negatively.  The one time he was pressed in Puerto Rico he just walked away. 

Mauricio's first real estate listing . . . Kyle ex-husband had a $5 million dollar listing and he sold it. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

You're right, Zoeysmom- he did say "amazingggggg", haha, LOL. He does seem hyper aware of his self image and doesn't let his guard down. One of those always selling something guys I think. I am just jealous of his success probably! ?? Just dislike the lack of warmth or authenticity!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yes!! re the scissor thing. Somewhere long the way I got pair of stainless steel surgical scissors and love them. I also have Weiss sewing scissors in original box to keep them nice. I buy black sharpies and pental rolling pens by the box...

• Love 4
On 3/29/2017 at 8:17 PM, ElDosEquis said:

There was a boy wonder horse jockey named Steve Cauthen.

He was born in the U.S. and went to race in England while he was pretty young. A few years later, he did an interview for a sports show and he had such an accent, I had to make sure he was the same guy. If you weren't influenced by your surroundings and people where you live(d)?

You are probably dead.

I remember Steve Cauthen. I was always surprised that he didn't try to make a go out of a career in the US. I know a bit about horse racing and think it was due to his age and the good ole boys club of jockeys who were prominent in those days. 

Having lived abroad, especially when dealing with a taxi driver, I learned that you get the much quicker (and cheaper) route if you don't sound like a tourist. People in other countries deal differently with locals versus tourists. It is better to put an accent on sometimes and get the best prices, quality of food, and most economical rates. My fiends abroad, however, loved my American accent!! 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

You're right, Zoeysmom- he did say "amazingggggg", haha, LOL. He does seem hyper aware of his self image and doesn't let his guard down. One of those always selling something guys I think. I am just jealous of his success probably! ?? Just dislike the lack of warmth or authenticity!

I think you can have both success and warmth.  He may be one of those rare birds that counts his accomplishments instead of other people's money.  I have read a few of his interviews-when he has been questioned about a lost listing and he seems very professional.

I do remember a pretty passionate Mauricio Season 4, trying to get Brandi to try and talk to Adrienne and Paul.  He also wasn't terribly tickled about tabloid rumors.  He also was the one to get Kyle to reach out to Kim after their last estrangement.  What I like about Mauricio is he gets generally excited about being able to provide luxury items for his family.  I was listening to Kyle talk about her first marriage.  She married at 19 years old a guy five years older of Indonesian, Dutch and Arabic descent, who did not have to work and according to Kyle hung out with 60 year old golfers all day.  He owned a bunch of property in LA and apparently just sat back and collected the rents.  So it feels like Mauricio as he climbs up the ladder of success is genuinely thrilled to indulge his family.  We know he is not spending it on clothes as most of his wardrobe consists of The Agency promo wear.  I think his success is authentic. 

I am far shallower than you-I wish he would have his adenoids removed.  The nasal quality annoys me.

• Love 10

I hate EJ more and more and she is getting more phony. What was all that about her son???

Her Husband must be so proud of her.

Women of a certain age need to wear undies- they have some normal discharge and sometimes drops of urine. Maybe she wears a Tampon?

The whole thing disgusts me!

Dori- STFU

Lisa R. you need to keep your lips sewn shut

• Love 1
On 3/30/2017 at 9:57 AM, zoeysmom said:

The always upfront Ilana Angel from The Jewish Journal:  http://jewishjournal.com/blogs/keepingitreal/217315/real-housewives-beverly-hills-week-17-recap/  This is about a true turnabout from her earlier Erika fan girl positions. 

Shocking Ilana has met PK and likes him.

I had to stop taking Ilana Angel seriously when she spent so much time being a champion of/apologist for Jill Zarin.

1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

I hate EJ more and more and she is getting more phony. What was all that about her son???

Her Husband must be so proud of her.

Women of a certain age need to wear undies- they have some normal discharge and sometimes drops of urine. Maybe she wears a Tampon?

The whole thing disgusts me!

Dori- STFU

Lisa R. you need to keep your lips sewn shut

1) How old do you think she is? 2) EWWWW!!!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I had to stop taking Ilana Angel seriously when she spent so much time being a champion of/apologist for Jill Zarin.

I read her from time to time and noticed such a turnabout in her opinions about this show. Kyle use to be vile and everyone else wonderful.  Such a 180 in her opinions.

Didn't she end up turning on Jill?  I can't remember

Just now, zoeysmom said:

Didn't she end up turning on Jill?  I can't remember

If she did, I was probably long gone by then. The last time I read her column, you'd have thought Jill had donated her only kidney to save Ilana Angel's life.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, beaker73 said:

So…I’m going to sit here by myself and admit that I don’t hate Rinna.  I feel like I should, but I just don’t. Maybe it’s the DOOL/Melrose nostalgia, maybe it’s because she went up again Kim whom I despise, maybe it’s because I feel there’s a grain of truth to all the things she says. Who knows. 

I don't hate Rinna either. The only housewives I really don't like are the ones who seem to believe they are superior to the others: LuAnn, Ramona, Kelly and Erikas. Rinna does a lot of stupid stuff, but she doesn't seem to think she's better than the others.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I've got at least one pair of cheapie scissors in each room and each car for random things, but I have a ton of specialty pairs.  Obviously there's a pair of kitchen shears for breaking down chickens and other meat related tasks.  There's a pair of fabric shears in the sewing box and also a couple rotary cutters with lots of spare blades.  There's a leather leather knife in the leather work tool bag (but sometimes I'll use the sewing rotary cutter with a blade put aside for only leather).  There's special paper scissors with all the paper cutting supplies.  I have a pair for wrapping presents.  I have 5 different project bags, each with their own little kits with the appropriate scissors.  I have a pair in with my basket making tools, they are not a special pair for basket making, but I needed a good pair and didn't want to mess up my other good pairs so there's a dedicated pair that I assume will eventually be ruined.  There are probably some others I'm forgetting.  I also have box cutters near all the external doors (except the one in the master bedroom).  I hate it when someone asks to borrow my scissors, because you're totally a weird asshole if you say no, but then I have to anxiously watch what they are doing like a hawk and make sure they don't misuse or run off with my scissors because I am a freak.  I take cutting things almost as seriously as Adriana Madix takes sketch comedy, I guess.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

@ElDosEquis - my father always said "never trust a man who doesn't carry a pocketknife".  He did and it always came in handy.

Your father is a man of great wisdom, Mine?

I think he was trying to send me a message?

I do carry a very cool knife in my wallet...

https://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=KB6216&srccode=NXCKYA&source=origin&gdffi=f98fe559280b462594470ed35f332325&gdfms=878FA5E4F661458C837F3EFD9147B979&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=WW - Apparel(PLA) - NXCKYA&utm_term=1100100895195&utm_content=WW - Apparel(BSC) - NXCKYA

They are VERY handy and viciously sharp - it has served me well.

I also have a credit card tool, and a square of cardboard with some straight pins and safety pins taped to one side and a few feet of thread wrapped around - just in case.

• Love 1

Why didn't one of Erika's toadies give her a heads-up about being exposed when they tested out her "look"? Also, she seemed totally fine once she got confirmation that the view was indeed, nice.

I think Erika wanted her cookie to be seen. There, I said it.

• Love 10