Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: From Dogs To Diamonds

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hopefully this isn't a spoiler, since we saw it in the previews for next week, but Dorit brings it up again, saying something like "well you've already shown us all your stuff". 

In that instance I don't blame her. Erica has a lot of nerve. She chose to wear a dress with no underwear. Do I think she intentionally flashed anyone? NO! But if anyone should be issuing apologies it should be her! Next time put on some underwear!

• Love 9

Jagger! *squeeze*

I personally can't wait for PK to lay a smackdown next week. 

I'm already there for it.

I am also sick of her [Rinna] laughing like she never heard anything so funny in her life.

She laughs because even she knows that she's a joke of a human being. I just can't take anything she says seriously, anymore. However, if somebody else does, and they proceed to wipe the floor with her prolapsed-butthole face, then they have my full support.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hopefully this isn't a spoiler, since we saw it in the previews for next week, but Dorit brings it up again, saying something like "well you've already shown us all your stuff". 

Aren't we pretty much in the throes of Pantygate with Erika insisting that she will not accept an apology from Dorit and now PK and Dorit need to call and apologize to her husband?  I mean she said she doesn't believe Dorit to be sincere and she expecting an apology from the Kemsleys.  Even with two and counting personalities, the Erikas can't have it both ways, insist on apologies and then condemn someone for bringing up the topic she wants an apology for.   

Erikas were also cheering Rinna on for going after the Kemsleys marriage.  She and Rinna are low blowing at this point.  Even Erika has said she took the low road.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Aren't we pretty much in the throes of Pantygate with Erika insisting that she will not accept an apology from Dorit and now PK and Dorit need to call and apologize to her husband?  I mean she said she doesn't believe Dorit to be sincere and she expecting an apology from the Kemsleys.  Even with two and counting personalities, the Erikas can't have it both ways, insist on apologies and then condemn someone for bringing up the topic she wants an apology for.   

Erikas were also cheering Rinna on for going after the Kemsleys marriage.  She and Rinna are low blowing at this point.  Even Erika has said she took the low road.

...as this trash likes to joke all the time, "I'm a low-blower!" I wish someone would say "there's nothing you can say to make it all better!" I'd laugh and walk away! What are people supposed to do with "hysterical" drama queens who just want to sit up there and play "Hamlet" instead of "letting it go?" Idiots! I just don't play those games with people! I like to keep "my circle" small; the drama is alleviated, and I don't have 1 stress line on my face at 60! lol! ;-)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, but why is only Erika at fault? They were all laughing at Eden, so clearly it is a "thing" with all of them. Can anyone honestly say in the same situation - with someone they know that the no one really likes, trusts, or understands, that you wouldn't run over to your girlfriends and say "y'all are not going to believe this"? And Erika wasn't the only one talking to the shop gal about the price. LVP was right there, as curious as Erika was, shocked to hear what they understood the price of the ring to be, then just shrugging when the real value was discovered.

It is interesting, because Kyle, Eileen and Rinna all get as much blame as Dorit for the pantygate conversation. They were laughing to an extent and didn't shut it down, so they were as complicit to some as was Dorit. In this situation, it seems like only Erika gets any flack even though they were all right there with her. Strange. 

Maybe had the others encouraged Eden to buy/gift the ring to Erika, while knowing that Erika would be uncomfortable about it, they would deserve the same scorn Erika is getting about her behavior......but they didn't. These are 2 very different scenarios and not comparable IMO.

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don't really know if they are very wealthy or not. But what is the expression? Real money whispers, new/fake money screams. Something like that. They are thirsssss-ty. 

That doesn't mean that Dorit/PK are posers, faking they have money. And, they are all "new" money, not 1 of these women were born with a silver spoon in her mouth, well, except maybe Eden that is. LOL 

• Love 9
On 3/30/2017 at 0:24 PM, howivesforever said:

Serious question because I thought I read somewhere Dorit and Pk were very wealthy. Has that been proven to be false?

Hasn't been proven, just speculation at this point. He filed for bankruptcy about 6 years ago, claiming he was broke, and all that we have seen as far as incomes goes is him managing the great Boy George. Hard to see how that gig supports their lifestyle, but could be other income that we know nothing about. 

On 3/30/2017 at 0:32 PM, howivesforever said:

In that instance I don't blame her. Erica has a lot of nerve. She chose to wear a dress with no underwear. Do I think she intentionally flashed anyone? NO! But if anyone should be issuing apologies it should be her! Next time put on some underwear!

Who would she apologize to? Dorit? The same Dorit who claimed in her convesation with PK that she often goes without panties but tries to cover herself? 

• Love 3

Erica's sunglasses at the store were very nice.  $172 is a lot of money for a gift to an acquaintance.  Wonderful being so rich that you sneer at that amount of money.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hasn't been proven, just speculation at this point. He filed for bankruptcy about 6 years ago, claiming he was broke, and all that we have seen as far as incomes goes is him managing the great Boy George. Hard to see how that gig supports their lifestyle, but could be other income that we know nothing about. 

Who would she apologize to? Dorit? The same Dorit who claimed in her convesation with PK that she often goes without panties but tries to cover herself? 

Obviously Erika's faux pas made the Kemsleys uncomfortable.  Keep in mind Erika originally denied it, essentially calling the Kemsleys liars.  I don't think it was until Kyle started giving interviews that she acknowledged she had flashed. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She'd apologize to the people she flashed!!! No excuses.. Own it and move on!

• Love 6

Her boutiques closed down years ago and wouldn't have had that much inventory.  They are not going to put her on TV to sell 3 units in each size/color option of some 5 year old jeans.  They sell hundreds of units in each segment on these shopping shows.

Ah ok, thanks. Wasn't sure about the situation behind all of her QVC appearances. I guess it's a good income stream for her then.

5 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

The first thing I thought of with "You don't know what I go through at night!" was Lola Heatherton by the great Catherine O'Hara (well everyone on SCTV was a genius).  Skip to 3:06 for the full effect:

You nailed it - I LMAO.  "I want to bear your children." Oh the draaamma!

• Love 2

So…I’m going to sit here by myself and admit that I don’t hate Rinna.  I feel like I should, but I just don’t. Maybe it’s the DOOL/Melrose nostalgia, maybe it’s because she went up again Kim whom I despise, maybe it’s because I feel there’s a grain of truth to all the things she says. Who knows. 

• Love 6

Erikas were also cheering Rinna on for going after the Kemsleys marriage. 

For all her bragging of riches and importance, Erika has shown herself to be rather low-rent. I can't imagine "The Boss" is all that happy.

• Love 14

Eden and London Joe’s first encounter in the attic reenactment.

1326219353_cat_pushes_friend_down_stairs

Hint – Eden is not the one on the stairs. Eden goes into Annie Wilkes mode

End scene

Does anyone remember when she was planning to meet him? Did it happen already?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

So…I’m going to sit here by myself and admit that I don’t hate Rinna.  I feel like I should, but I just don’t. Maybe it’s the DOOL/Melrose nostalgia, maybe it’s because she went up again Kim whom I despise, maybe it’s because I feel there’s a grain of truth to all the things she says. Who knows. 

We like who we like. I understand where you're coming from. I am a Kenya fan and I don't think there are many others out there. I don't like everything she does, but I feel like I understand her.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

I grew up watching DOOL so it's hard for me to dislike Kristen DiMera and Billie Reed. But Rinna is really testing my soap loyalty here. 

I judge no one for liking who they like on these shows. I still really enjoy Vicki on OC!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, racked said:

I grew up watching DOOL so it's hard for me to dislike Kristen DiMera and Billie Reed. But Rinna is really testing my soap loyalty here. 

I judge no one for liking who they like on these shows. I still really enjoy Vicki on OC!

I think Bethenny is awesome, so right there with you in the non-VIP area.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

We like who we like. I understand where you're coming from. I am a Kenya fan and I don't think there are many others out there. I don't like everything she does, but I feel like I understand her.

I too really like Kenya & Rinna - Kenya because she is sooo quick & Imo the wittiest HW - and Rinna ???? - I don't know, but I think she'd be fun to hang with in real life. And.  Rinna will do anything for a buck$ - I think there were times she & Harry may have needed that attitude to keep the family afloat.  Actually, I admire that trait.

38 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

ETA: meant to quote you too Beaker73 :)

Edited by Missmissie173
spelling
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

I'm sure you're not alone. And yes, everyone can like or dislike who they want. Dissent makes the boards more fun anyway :) You go with your Rinna non-hate, Beaker73!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

It's confounding to me how Erika never has any agency. Can't articulate in real time that she's actually not over PantyGate, was the victim of jealous girls, has gifts forced upon her. She can certainly find her words and voice when she's rushing over to the rest of the cast to call Eden "bizarre" and when she's sneering at her in her talking heads. Or when she's telling Dorit what she could have said. 

When did this supposedly happen? Dorit dropped the subject to everyone after the day that she and Erika high-fived at lunch. 

Eileen (guess all gossip really isn't created equal since "that's an interesting choice because it almost seems like you're doing it deliberately" is the most explicit suggestion anyone has made that Erika was intentionally trying to entice PK) and Erika herself revived the subject. Of course she's going to assert her perspective once they do. Is she supposed to wait three or four months like Erika to decide she has a response after insisting everything's all good?

This doesn't seem to get across for some reason. Dorit went to the other cast members to discuss the snatch flash sure but after she had gotten the feedback and felt them out about the panty giving gift Dorit hasn't brought it up after that. And if Erika's gripe is those conversations BEFORE the gift giving then she should have addressed her displeasure with it before hand which I'm not sure but maybe once the other ladies started filtering in the room AFTER the gift was presented and each of them expressed knowledge of the issue Erika did share some dislike over the new info??? I think Erika did share that she wasn't crazy about all the discussion which is what prompted the discussion at the table where Erika did reiterate what had bothered her but then we get back to the part where by the end of THAT conversation it had been put to rest.

I think it would have stayed at rest had Eileen and Rinna not keep bringing it up as some sort proof of Dorits tendency too......???? I don't know what, cause the real conflict started because of Eileens grievance about Dorit and PK sharing an opinion about Eileens moms death and somehow it morphed into Erika's situation with Dorit.  To add insult to injury the Erika situation came back up at Game night by Rinna/Eileen in a REHASH of the conversation Dorit had with Eileen REHASHING the conversation with Rinna about LVP and dead family....... Somehow all this turned into "Dorit kept talking about her situation with Erika..." What in the whaaaa..???

• Love 17

Rinna will do anything for a buck$ - I think there were times she & Harry may have needed that attitude to keep the family afloat.

She did do those Depends commercials, and was paid quite well for it, so good for them.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don't really know if they are very wealthy or not. But what is the expression? Real money whispers, new/fake money screams. Something like that. They are thirsssss-ty. 

Makes me think of the movie Titanic when Rose's mom says, "New money" in regards to Molly Brown..............

• Love 2
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Getting on the Dance charts is still an accomplishment for her, especially getting a bunch of number ones.  But it just isn't comparable to being number one on the Hot 100 chart.  When you say you've got a number one hit single, that's the chart everyone thinks of.  It looks like while George is no stranger to the top 10 on the Hot 100, Karma Chameleon is the only one that hit #1.  Do You Really Want to Hurt Me was kept out of #1 by Billie Jean (Michael Jackson).  He and his contemporaries are household names.  Top 100 (for songs) and Top 200 (for albums) are based on sales, radio airplay, and streaming.  Dance is based on reports from DJs on what they are playing in da club.

Thanks for that cause I really needed clarity on it.  It was really starting to nag my thought process lol.

Dance charts ain't bad I have to say but I feel like she wants those charts to mean something they don't to others.

I'm not sure I'm saying it the right way. I'm not trying to take anything away but at the same time I'm not going to only run 5Ks but present myself to others as a marathoner. It's like just because you've run a million 5Ks it will never amount to actually running a full marathon. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

She did do those Depends commercials, and was paid quite well for it, so good for them.

I think anyone that has been in long-term marriage/relationship has had a few bruises and bumps financially.  Mr. Missmissie and me certainly have.  There were times I would have worn a diaper on my damn head for the kind of money Rinna made...and blessed every minute of it! :)

• Love 13

There were times I would have worn a diaper on my damn head for the kind of money Rinna made...and blessed every minute of it! :)

But would you also have turned down Stars in Danger: The High Dive? ;)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I thought the "wedges" suggestion was great.  This is an outdoor party.  Ever tried wearing spiky heels in well cared-for grass?  It ain't easy...looks bad, it's not comfortable, and it might damage (while aerating) the lawn.   But what does the hostess know?

I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense. 

7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Exactly, and I feel like this gets lost. It's not a really complicated thing. Eileen didn't have a relationship with LVP. She thought she was bringing up a topic that she had said as recently as the reunion caused her and her family great pain being discussed on TV.  She didn't like that Brandi went there on camera and she said as much, and LVP was sitting right there and heard it all. Eileen felt like LVP (regardless of whether or not it was true) was bringing it up on purpose under the guise of being curious. Then she laughed her way through her apology acting like Eileen was being silly. She does care about Erika, and bonded with her immediatley last season. 

Maybe I am in the minority, but the things that have been said to and about me that have been the most harsh have come from someone that I care about. I forgive people that I love, where the same words being said from someone I don't know/like/trust would have me walking away fast and never looking back. Kyle forgave LVP fast for some terrible shit, because she cares about her, while she wouldn't give Carlton - who she didn't know or care about - a second thought no matter how Carlton might have tried (she didn't). That's life. 

I am in complete agreement with this.  I totally get where Eileen's coming from.

• Love 3
On 3/28/2017 at 11:01 PM, chick binewski said:

OK now all I'm gonna see when Erika talks is Ebersole as the lady who got shoulder implants on Will & Grace. Which will be infinitely more entertaining than seeing Erika.

I wonder what Harry's about (let's talk about the husband!). I remember an interview with Craig Kilborn (I know) and he kind of bothered me. 

Minor points: apparently having someone spend $172 on you is a sufficient amount for you to treat them like shit and rosé is a plot by Putin to take over the world.

Also - Eileen? Erika does not "get" you. She gets the part on Y&R which is all she wanted from you.  

This. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy him on Mad Men and yes he's very attractive, but I have never understood why people think he's this wonderful person. We almost never see him, he is pleasant and polite on camera for the couple minutes he's on.  I think  that's how most people would behave. He's been married to Rinna a long time,  so he gets serious side eye from me. Meaning he doesn't find her horrible. I couldn't  be with someone like Rinna but that's me.

There is something about him in interviews that rubs me the wrong way(shrugs).  

And I don't hate Rinna like many others. Is she desperate and thirsty, yes. I can deal with Rinna any day over Brandi. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
On 3/30/2017 at 1:58 PM, howivesforever said:

She'd apologize to the people she flashed!!! No excuses.. Own it and move on!

So is this the standard now? I accidentally lean over and flash my cleavage and I have to apologize to those that look long past the appropriate time? Or someone else who has a boob flop out of their bathing suit (even if they should have known better) has to say "sorry" to someone who might have been leering at the sight?  I would have an impossible time trying to get a list together of all the people I have known who have made unfortunate decisions that resulted in a moment that someone saw something they should not have. They would be shocked to hear that they had a responsibility to issue apologies. 

Oh, and don't forget that PK, who is the one who was apparently flashed, claimed that he didn't mind the view at all. Claimed this when talking to Dorit, which is really the reason that Dorit had such a problem with the whole deal. Didn't sound like he was looking for an apology, but maybe hoping for a second opportunity. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

Someone should have (and may have) just handed her a napkin and quietly said "You might want to put this on your lap" with a wink, and left it at that.  It should never have been spoken of or referenced again.  But what do I know?  I don't run in those kinds of social circles.  Apparently the etiquette is different for that income/social level.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I just had an amazing thought.

Kyle could have easily and evenly cut the hems on whatever she was wearing.

Someone would need to teach her how to use a ruler, first?

I was thinking, since Mauricio was sitting right there, she couldn't hand him some safety pins and have him mark the length she wanted?  But then we'd have missed the hi jinx of learning how she had one leg shorter than the other and bad scissors.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SFoster21 said:

I think Bethenny is awesome, so right there with you in the non-VIP area.

You're not alone. I will call her out on her shitty behavior, but I just can't quit Bethenny!

We all have our favorites, our guilty pleasures, our most-hated. I love these boards because we almost always respectfully disagree, and it's interesting to hear someone else's point of view. 

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So is this the standard now? I accidentally lean over and flash my cleavage and I have to apologize to those that look long past the appropriate time? Or someone else who has a boob flop out of their bathing suit (even if they should have known better) has to say "sorry" to someone who might have been leering at the sight?  I would have an impossible time trying to get a list together of all the people I have known who have made unfortunate decisions that resulted in a moment that someone saw something they should not have. They would be shocked to hear that they had a responsibility to issue apologies. 

Oh, and don't forget that PK, who is the one who was apparently flashed, claimed that he didn't mind the view at all. Claimed this when talking to Dorit, which is really the reason that Dorit had such a problem with the whole deal. Didn't sound like he was looking for an apology, but maybe hoping for a second opportunity. 

Of course it isn't the standard, but Erica could have very well wore underwear or crossed her legs. This became way bigger than it should have been because Dorit with the encouragement of Erica's friends gave her a pair of underwear as a joke. Dorit of course misread Erica, but how could she know Erica would be offended when Erica repeatedly stated everything was fine. So yes I believe if anyone should be apologizing it should be Erica.

I also don't think Dorit is in any way insecure because her husband took a peek at Erica's goodies, but I'm sure she did feel Erica should have been more cautious of how she sat because she wasn't wearing underwear. I distinctly remember Lisa R and Eileen feeling the same way until they realized Erica was upset by pantygate.

• Love 14

This became way bigger than it should have been because Dorit with the encouragement of Erica's friends gave her a pair of underwear as a joke. Dorit of course misread Erica, but how could she know Erica would be offended when Erica repeatedly stated everything was fine.

Dorit would have done it regardless of whether or not anyone encouraged her, because she is an asshole who acts like an asshole but hides behind her "humor".

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I was thinking, since Mauricio was sitting right there, she couldn't hand him some safety pins and have him mark the length she wanted?  But then we'd have missed the hi jinx of learning how she had one leg shorter than the other and bad scissors.

Did you see the scissors Kyle was using to attempt her at-home tailoring?  Something tells me she's not hiding a well stocked sewing basket in her closet!   ;-)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Missmissie173 said:

I think anyone that has been in long-term marriage/relationship has had a few bruises and bumps financially.  Mr. Missmissie and me certainly have.  There were times I would have worn a diaper on my damn head for the kind of money Rinna made...and blessed every minute of it! :)

I think almost anyone who's been single long-term has experienced those financial woes, as well.  I'd wear diapers on my head for cat food or vet bills!   :-D

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Dorit would have done it regardless of whether or not anyone encouraged her, because she is an asshole who acts like an asshole but hides behind her "humor".

I disagree. If Kyle, Eileen, or Lisa told her they thought Erica would be hurt or offended by it Dorit would not have given her the underwear. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

I disagree. If Kyle, Eileen, or Lisa told her they thought Erica would be hurt or offended by it Dorit would not have given her the underwear. 

I doubt she would have too. It seems like Dorit needs feedback on things because she would rather get checked on the small scale rather than whats happening now. I took her speaking to the others as a way to balance what she was feeling against how the others saw it and then finding an middle ground of sorts. Problem was the others weren't banking on Erika's reaction and once that went south that margin shifted with Dorit way left. Those other bitches right justified themselves right quick... LOL..

I do think Dorit wanted a way to express her displeasure but at the same time wanted to test the theory out to make sure she wasn't going too far. Had the ladies expresses a more "aghast" reaction I don't find it hard to believe that Dorit would have taken their reactions into account and adjusted her idea. It just really seemed to matter to Dorit what the others thought about what she was going to do. Why do that if you weren't worried about how "it would look". If nothing else I think Dorit was worried about how everyone would react to what she was thinking of doing.  I think she knew it was borderline bitchy so we wanted to test the idea out first. She got the thumbs up so she followed through with it.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 11

Does anyone else find Dorit's house kind of odd...I would be fearful to have little ones in that maze.  I WOULD be fearful to walk down those marble stairs in heels.

I just don't like Dorit and PK. They are too thirsty for me.

Edited by Missmissie173
spelling
  • Love 5

Left out of the equation is that until the Erika announced she wasn't wearing any underwear, everyone on the opposite couch thought they were looking at nude colored panties.

It is not as if Erika did not play a role in this discussion.  I doubt it would have been worth mentioning had the parties with a sightline not been advised she was going commando.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, howivesforever said:

Aw, come on!

NO underwear is a sign of sexual freedom. It's NOT a choice, it's a lifestyle, fashion statement and - damn it - a way to test a man.

If he looks, he is a creep, if he doesn't look he is a creep or something is the matter with him - Her sham squad looks at her while she is naked and NOTHING happens?

• Love 7
On 3/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, howivesforever said:

Someone posted earlier that while she initially laughed, they cut out the part where Kyle said she didn't think the gift of the panties was such a good idea. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Nope, I don't trust MY wife with anything sharp, I have watched SNAPPED too many times.

Tape, safety pins and leave the tag on, so you can return the outfit later on?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It just really seemed to matter to Dorit what the others thought about what she was going to do. Why do that if you weren't worried about how "it would look".

I agree with this.  If the cool kids had told her it wasn't cool, Dorit wouldn't have done it.  If LVP had told Dorit not to do it, Dorit would have never done it in a million years.  She and PK are far up Pinky's arse.

25 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Sometimes I think PK is even thirstier than Peter from RHOA...

Ha!  Yes, Peter! The other day I said that PK was trying too hard.  My first thought of who he reminded me of was Simon from NYC.   PK, much like Simon, is far too interested in what Dorit wears. I also believe that he and Dorit are social climbers and live beyond their means like the McCord-VanKempens.  And I might've spied Jagger on a tuffet.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Left out of the equation is that until the Erika announced she wasn't wearing any underwear, everyone on the opposite couch thought they were looking at nude colored panties.

It is not as if Erika did not play a role in this discussion.  I doubt it would have been worth mentioning had the parties with a sightline not been advised she was going commando.

But that's not exactly how it happened. LVP did notice Erika wasn't wearing any underwear and kidded her about it. In her joke, LVP pointedly asked Erika if she had any underwear for Kyle to borrow, and that's why Erika replied she wasn't wearing any (which LVP already knew, as she then proclaimed, "I saw! I saw!"). It was all a part of a banter. So, it would seem that at least one person had realized she was commando and it was definitely not as if Erika simply announced this out of the blue.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Someone posted earlier that while she initially laughed, they cut out the part where Kyle said she didn't think the gift of the panties was such a good idea. 

I seem to remember Kyle saying that, in her Kyle way, like I donnn't knowww if that's such a good idea. I don't remember if she said it to Dorit directly or if she said it in a TH. I think it was to Dorit in the store while she was shopping for them.  

• Love 4