Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: From Dogs To Diamonds

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

His Wiki says he was a mentor/coach on the The Voice UK last year. I think doing shows like that might be the best thing for him, career-wise, at this point.

If I was an aging performer and could get away with not touring and just get money staying in one place spending a couple weeks/months doing a TV show, I totally would.  Touring is hard work from what I hear.  I imagine it seems especially not worth it as you are downgrading venue size (i.e. same-ish amount of work for smaller paychecks)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Have we ever seen the Glam Squad outside, in the light of day? I swear every time we see them they are in a windowless or heavily draped room. Perhaps they are vampires and can't be touched by the sun. They are definitely sucking Erika dry of funds. 

Also why is Erikas dressing room look a grandmother spare bedroom. For all fab its so sad a dreary. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

In the words of Dolly Parton, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." I wager there was nothing cheap about anything Erika was wearing. Not anything I would wear, but for Erika I think it was in the spirit of the event. Girl loves a good costume so I imagine she would love to rise to the challenge of a hostess dictated dress code.......except for the shoes. 

Erika chose a loose interpretation  - she wore a pair of panty thongs and she had a wedgie by the time she walked up Lisa's driveway

• Love 5
9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Maybe they're not the fame whores that PK is? Appearing on this show probably is a good step for him in building his brand, ie, his management company. Tom and HH...not so much, with respect to their "brands".

If they're not, that's okay, their wives are fame whorish enough for both of them.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I know I'm probably the only one, but I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Erika was questioning how much the ring was because she wouldn't feel comfortable accepting an expensive gift from someone she barely knew. I figured she was maybe going to return it , or go back to Eden and insist that she couldn't keep it. When she found out it was only $178 or whatever, I took her - "give me a more expensive gift" as a joke. Erika has a very dry sense of humor, which I generally like. No, she shouldn't have been gossiping to the other women about it, but they all do that shit and I saw it as a lot more lighthearted than most people did. 

I must say, this how I viewed Erika's behavior as well.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Have we ever seen the Glam Squad outside, in the light of day? I swear every time we see them they are in a windowless or heavily draped room. Perhaps they are vampires and can't be touched by the sun. They are definitely sucking Erika dry of funds. 

Oh thank you for making me smile and brightening the day lol. Great comment Juneau Gal. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

Also why is Erikas dressing room look a grandmother spare bedroom. For all fab its so sad a dreary. 

I noticed last night that it doesn't appear to be a permanent dressing room.  Her clothes are all hanging on portable, wheeled racks.

It's definitely not like LVP's or Kyle's closets/dressing rooms.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

He's got a show coming up at some amphitheater in Florida and they were talking about some tour in Sweden on the show last night.  I don't think he's tearing up the mega venues, but it seems like he's still preforming at least a little (aside from doing autograph signings a la Kim Richards).

Boy George is in Australian and is one of the coaches/judges on The Voice.  SO it seems he still has a draw.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Why would Erika open for Boy George.

I mean why not hold out for the Monkees?

Erika Jayne opened for Kim Zolciak so it ia not as if she is particular.  Boy George would be a pretty big dream.

• Love 18

It's a toss up on who annoys me more - Mikey or Rinna.  Both loud, crass, and over dramatic.  

Eileen will have Rinna's back, right up until she goes after Erika.  Then she will be on Erika's side in a hot minute.  And, if (ugh) Rinna is on next season, she will go after Erika in some way. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

It's a toss up on who annoys me more - Mikey or Rinna.  Both loud, crass, and over dramatic.  

Eileen will have Rinna's back, right up until she goes after Erika.  Then she will be on Erika's side in a hot minute.  And, if (ugh) Rinna is on next season, she will go after Erika in some way

She's all that's really left who hasn't been "Rinna'd". Of course, Eileen probably won't be back.  She's so boring and has nothing going on. Doesn't even throw a memorable party.  They should bring Brandi back just to go after Rinna.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

His Wiki says he was a mentor/coach on the The Voice UK last year. I think doing shows like that might be the best thing for him, career-wise, at this point.

Boy George is back for Voice 2017, with Seal and Kelly Rowland.  Maybe you can update his Wiki page.  :-)

Yeah doing The Voice has done nothing for Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Gwen Stefani and Alicia Keys at this point in their careers.   

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika Jayne opened for Kim Zolciak so it ia not as if she is particular.  Boy George would be a pretty big dream.

Considering EJ's success, I would have imagined it the other way around.   I mean has Kim done ANYTHING since that song?  

• Love 1

Boy George is back for Voice 2017, with Seal and Kelly Rowland.  Maybe you can update his Wiki page.  :-)

I think that's actually PK's job, no? Way to fail on the job, PK.

Yeah doing The Voice has done nothing for Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Gwen Stefani and Alicia Keys at this point in their careers.   

At least they all mostly had hits from the same decade when they joined the show...I mean, good for Boy George, but he was much farther removed from his peak glory days than the others were when they joined the show. Hope he cans score a few more hits from his new job. Even if it is the Voice UK and not the US version...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Considering EJ's success, I would have imagined it the other way around.   I mean has Kim done ANYTHING since that song?  

I am surprised too Carolina Girl. At the very least Erika sounds okay singing AND puts effort into her shows with choreography and what not. Unlike that inert slab of tone-deaf pork that is Kim Zolciak. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

It looked like the dressing area to the local 'bad community theater' or the storage area for high school drama costumes.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Yeah, even if he's now relegated to greatest hits-type tours, he's an actual icon of his time. EJ can't possibly reach his level of icon-ery(?) or recognition... even if folks don't sit around thinking about him today, if you mention his name to People of a Certain Age, they'll probably at least start singing one of his songs, if not have some sort of youthful memories about listening to Culture Club. EJ is unlikely to leave that kind of lasting imprint.

16 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

Did she throw a party?  I don't remember ?

I think she put a bag of Lays on the poker table, and Vinny watched from behind the potted palm? ;)

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is a difference between the Honda Center and a Honda DEALERSHIP?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I get what your saying here, but CPS investigations based on cruelty and innuendo have been opened before.  I worked in the field and saw it.  Plus, every call placed to CPS is investigated, at least in my state.  Even if there are no legal ramifications, that kind of innuendo could cause other mothers to think twice about allowing their children around the Kemsley children.  This has the potential to hurt that whole family and it's just beyond vile.  

The question is would anyone want to have those allegations leveled at them?  Certainly not me.  I do hope some of the other people at that party bring slander charges against LisaR.  She slandered all of them in one fell swoop.

I understand what you are saying too..and I am not saying what Rinna did was wonderful.

If we hold Rinna accountable then the same can be said for Bravo for airing it...Bravo could have "cut" this out of the scene and no one other than the ladies at the dinner and other guests would have heard this.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I think that's actually PK's job, no? Way to fail on the job, PK.

At least they all mostly had hits from the same decade when they joined the show...I mean, good for Boy George, but he was much farther removed from his peak glory days than the others were when they joined the show. Hope he cans score a few more hits from his new job. Even if it is the Voice UK and not the US version...

You know it seems like ugly American when people say Voice UK is somehow inferior to versus Voice US.  Maybe viewers in the UK like to draw from their own talent for their shows. There are many wealthy musician who don't produce new music for decades and still earn a lot of money from their music through royalties, TV appearances and concerts.   It feels not only ugly American but a little ageist.   Talent is talent a concept that might escape gimmick performers.   

• Love 11
20 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

At the dog shelter, did Kyle really say, "This one's a 'mongrel'.  I've never heard of that breed."? Did I hear right?  

This has probably been covered but she says what is a mongrel, I keep seeing this.... it was on the kennels.  

LisaR is an asshole. I'm just now watching,  that was disgusting.  

• Love 3

After this episode, dreary and pointless as it was, I wonder what in hell I ever saw in this show to begin with. I loved seeing the girls' beautiful homes, tennis courts and interesting house guests. Now halfway thru an episode I'm grinding my teeth and channel surfing. 

Can no one shut this bobble-headed idiot up? Honestly, who gives a rat's ass about drug addictions?  And why is this the ONLY thing that comes out of her mouth? Rinna doth protest too much.

tumblr_nmilmtOTsL1qk08n1o1_500.gif

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jel said:

I do not think Eileen was a shrewish harpy for accepting Erika's apology, but I do wonder why Eileen is so desperate for Ericka's friendship that she's willing to apologize for something she didn't do, sit there and take verbal abuse, and then pretend that everything was okay and not say anything about it to Erika until Erika got around to mentioning it. This doesn't sound like the Eileen we have all come to know.  

You are absolutely right.  She's been a self-proclaimed 'clear the air' kind of girl, yet sat there pretending to "space out" the next morning without a word to Ericka.   Maybe she favors people with unpredictable personalities, aka loonies?

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

She's all that's really left who hasn't been "Rinna'd". Of course, Eileen probably won't be back.  She's so boring and has nothing going on. Doesn't even throw a memorable party.  They should bring Brandi back just to go after Rinna.

Eileen's priority has never been with housewives.  Unlike the so-called "actresses" in the group, she has been able to maintain a 30+ year acting career.  Not many actresses win an Emmy in their 50's.

I wouldn't trust Brandi.  She has bigger issues with Kyle and LVP.

• Love 10

You know it seems like ugly American

Whoever said I was American? I'm just a non-American who understands that, despite gains from other parts of the world and regions, American entertainment culture still dominates the world. You might get your occasional One Direction here and there, but at the end of the day, America is where it's at. So yes, The Voice UK is a bit of a step down from The Voice US, in terms of how big of an impact and platform it is.

Maybe viewers in the UK like to draw from their own talent for their shows.

Good for them. They just don't on average have as big an impact as their US counterparts.

a little ageist

Given how youth driven music culture is these days, it what it is. Mounting a comeback for Boy George is going to be a bit harder than it would be for say, someone like Gwen Stefani. Again, it is what it is.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Wow! If Erika is an XL in Hong Kong than the only items of clothing I could buy and fit there is a scarf and gloves. 

I shop a lot on ebay, and a 32-34 bust is usually a large, and, sometimes,  an extra large, in Asian sizes.

23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You know it seems like ugly American when people say Voice UK is somehow inferior to versus Voice US.  Maybe viewers in the UK like to draw from their own talent for their shows. There are many wealthy musician who don't produce new music for decades and still earn a lot of money from their music through royalties, TV appearances and concerts.   It feels not only ugly American but a little ageist.   Talent is talent a concept that might escape gimmick performers.   

We DO have a 2-0 record in World Wars.

And Bollywood would just be Bolly, if it wasn't for our movie making prowess?

• Love 2

When Erika first appeared on the scene I doubted that either of her personas was the real thing - now I wonder about the persona in Georgia too (she brought her glam squad, for crying out loud).

Is Erika even in touch with the real thing anymore?

• Love 10

I saw Boy George on the Celebrity Apprentice and he seemed like a total burnout.

I get that he can be a nostalgia act. I remember going to Atlantic City back in the day and catching Doo Wop groups at the lounge. Somehow I think Erika's audience is kind of different than Boy George. 

But maybe not. I guess they are both novelty acts these days so maybe they will go together nicely.

I just think he could do a lot better than PK as a Manager. Is Bernie Madoff out of jail yet?

• Love 2

The morning after, when LVP tells Rinna she wasn't happy about the night before, Rinna said, "I didn't mean any ill intent by anything."  Excuse me?!! What other possible intent could she have had to hurl those accusations?! 

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

..and the highlight of the one party she threw was Vinnie spying through the garage door windows ;)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well, they are both copies of the original show which was from the Netherlands. The same producer created Big Brother, Fear Factor, and Deal or No Deal.

• Love 6

I don't have a problem with Dorit's accent. She pronounces some things in a British style and some in an American style. It's a mash up. When mt SIL went home after living in the US for awhile people laughed at her because she pronounced a few words in an American style.  Bath for bahth etc.  now my brother has lived in the U.K. For many years and even locals don't know he's American. It takes me showing up by his side to make it noticible. It seems odd to me, but it's just happened over the years. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Whoever said I was American? I'm just a non-American who understands that, despite gains from other parts of the world and regions, American entertainment culture still dominates the world. You might get your occasional One Direction here and there, but at the end of the day, America is where it's at. So yes, The Voice UK is a bit of a step down from The Voice US, in terms of how big of an impact and platform it is.

Good for them. They just don't on average have as big an impact as their US counterparts.

Given how youth driven music culture is these days, it what it is. Mounting a comeback for Boy George is going to be a bit harder than it would be for say, someone like Gwen Stefani. Again, it is what it is.

Gain that is ugly American-Americans are better than everyone else.  If 90% of the population in your country knows and listens to you, does that make you more or less popular than .005% in a bigger market? 

Guess you have never heard of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Adele, David Bowie and the list goes on of UK performers.  I am trying to think who dominated the Grammys this year-oh that would Adele vs. Beyoncé.  It is not as if UK performers have not had a profound influence in music for the past 60 years.

Well Erika is pretty close in age to Boy George the major difference being she has never had success to comeback to.  The age thing goes to her anti-ageist plea that age should not limit a person's dreams. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

I shop a lot on ebay, and a 32-34 bust is usually a large, and, sometimes,  an extra large, in Asian sizes.

A mistake on the stores part if they mainly cater to “tourists”. They need to change their fit models to a more international standard. The average Asian female has a much smaller frame. When I shop at Anne Taylor I’m a zero but if I go to Uniqlo I’m a 6  – it’s a mental thing for me.

However I am giggling at the thought of this store changing their name sizes to insult the tourists. Can you imagine if the clerk said oh yes miss I have your 3 pajama sets, sized Buddha. Erika would have freaked out.

• Love 9

Pondering Eden's friendship ring, I realize that Eden saw that Erika was upset, on the outs with Eileen, without her other friend Rinna, and figured the ring was a way to ingratiate herself with Erika, especially since Eden knew she wasn't going to be hanging with Kyle. As with most things that Eden does, it was a combination of empathetic and self-absorbed. However, Erika handled it in a sort of shady and not particularly gracious way.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Boofish said:

Erika's apology was not Oscar worthy but it seemed sincere when it's coming from someone who is actually your friend and not your camera friend. Eileen don't like LVP so I get why the reception of the apologies can't be compared. If someone is my friend and I want them to continue to be my friend I would have accepted as well. If I want to remain friends and move on; that's what Eileen wanted. 

Pretty much what Kyle said on the boat in Dubai and at the reunion when the Erickas clucked their tongues and talked about how one sided the friendship was, how sad and pathetic it made Kyle look.  

How desperate it made Kyle look to stay friends with LVP.....

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

I don't have a problem with Dorit's accent. She pronounces some things in a British style and some in an American style. It's a mash up. When mt SIL went home after living in the US for awhile people laughed at her because she pronounced a few words in an American style.  Bath for bahth etc.  now my brother has lived in the U.K. For many years and even locals don't know he's American. It takes me showing up by his side to make it noticible. It seems odd to me, but it's just happened over the years. 

There was a boy wonder horse jockey named Steve Cauthen.

He was born in the U.S. and went to race in England while he was pretty young. A few years later, he did an interview for a sports show and he had such an accent, I had to make sure he was the same guy. If you weren't influenced by your surroundings and people where you live(d)?

You are probably dead.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The Voice is actually a Dutch format. So it's a bit of a stretch to say the US version is superior to the UK one, or any other version, for that matter.

• Love 3

The Eden/Erica gift exchange was awkward, but Erica's runteldat reaction was ugly.  Kinda wonder what she would have done if Eileen had done the same after Erica bought her that swim/dress thing last season.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

A mistake on the stores part if they mainly cater to “tourists”. They need to change their fit models to a more international standard. The average Asian female has a much smaller frame. When I shop at Anne Taylor I’m a zero but if I go to Uniqlo I’m a 6  – it’s a mental thing for me.

However I am giggling at the thought of this store changing their name sizes to insult the tourists. Can you imagine if the clerk said oh yes miss I have your 3 pajama sets, sized Buddha. Erika would have freaked out.

She would think she was buying for PK.

• Love 4

Rinna has reached Brandi levels of awfulness; however at least you knew that Brandi really needed the show for income.  Rinna doesn't need the money, but her greedy ass will still sink to desperate lows regardless.  I think I found her most obnoxious when she was comforting Erika last week during Erika's meltdown.  I swear Rinna just could not handle the camera not being focused on her; hence her rush to comfort Erika.

I could like Eileen, but for the fact that she gives Rinna a pass on everything.

Dorit has hit the nail on the head regarding Erika's glam squad having her convinced she's fabulous.  To me Erika seems very lonely.   Her friendship with Kyle seems genuine, but Rinna and Eileen both seem a tad obsessed with simply being on her team.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Pondering Eden's friendship ring, I realize that Eden saw that Erika was upset, on the outs with Eileen, without her other friend Rinna, and figured the ring was a way to ingratiate herself with Erika, especially since Eden knew she wasn't going to be hanging with Kyle. As with most things that Eden does, it was a combination of empathetic and self-absorbed. However, Erika handled it in a sort of shady and not particularly gracious way.

Eden buying Erika was strange to me because they never seemed to have any conversations. During Kyle's Game night did Eden say to Erika that she would dip into the lady pond - or was that in her TH?

Eden buying the ring didn't creep me out until Eden said now say Thank You and say YOU LOVE ME

funny-gif-steve-carell-freaking-out.gif?

• Love 10