Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Cherries And Flowers

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yea. Chelsea IS going to be judged no matter what. Them's the breaks. That's a price she pays. Choices. We've all got 'em.

I was about to say, she gets paid very handsomely to be judged. She's a big girl. She's free to walk away at any time.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. Since getting with Chelsea, he's gained a million followers on Instagram, received money to endorse products and is appearing weekly on tv. That's not the behavior of a "shy" person. I don't think Cole is calculating in the sense that Dave and Nathan were in terms of seeking out a reality star for their own benefit, but certainly nobody's holding a gun to his head and making him do the show. 

Yeah, absolutely. He didn't purposely seek out a TV star like David and Nathan, and he doesn't even seem to relish the fame aspect like Javi. But he makes quite a bit of money off the show and his social media presence. Nothing wrong with that, but he's an adult. Every money making opportunity has a cost. Usually it's time in the form of schooling or long hours of work. Maybe physical labor. He's sacrificing privacy and the right not to be judged. Again, there's no more wrong with that than with a lawyer who gets paid to work 14-hour grueling days full of arguments and stress, but if he wanted more privacy, he could easily make many thousands of dollars less and have it. You never get paid just for existing. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yea. Chelsea IS going to be judged no matter what. Them's the breaks. That's a price she pays. Choices. We've all got 'em.

She sure is not immune from being judged. None of them are. Just like when it is mentioned Leah is lazy not depressed, Cate is bullshitting with her depression and anxiety while drinking and hanging with April in Boogie Town, Kail is a hosebeast, it is all fair game. I seem to recall Chelsea getting lashed over the seasons for her Adumb comments and her returning to that asshole time and time again. It isn't as if she never gets judged. LOL

The only difference between Chelsea and the rest is I don't see her griping about how people judge her or taking to Twitter to lash out at people. At least, no one has posted any such comment by her, unlike the rest of the cast who take to their Twitter to defend themselves while spewing madness at their h8ters.

Well said, and I think it just shows that Chelsea is going to be judged no matter what she does. We could just as easily be reading countless posts about how she "sold out" for allowing her wedding to be filmed for the paycheck. 

Very much so Butterbody.

Where was it mentioned Cole is shy? Or is that just someone's perception? I certainly don't see him as being shy. Far from it. He is just not in the same horror league as Nathan, UBT, and Adam.

Switching gears here. I didn't get to post much for the last episode as I was out of town. I tried to keep up with some of what was going on.

I seemed to remember coming across something which mentioned Farrah has hinted the father of Kail's baby is the show's producer.  Can someone update me on the timeline of her pregnancy. It seems it may have changed. This is really confusing.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

I want to say Chelsea herself said Cole was shy--to friends, I believe, and on more than one occasion.  Also, he supposedly doesn't like the cameras. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, zenme said:

Corey's Miranda isn't crazy about filming either. We rarely see her. I believe it, as evidenced by her behavior.

Vee, too. 

@SPLAIN, she said "halfway through" her pregnancy at first, which would have put her conception date at the end of October if she was indeed 20 weeks. Later she said 17 weeks, which would put the conception date at mid November. She's reiterated several times when asked that she wasn't pregnant in October/early November. Unless she's lying, which would be somewhat pointless because she's admitting to cheating either way. 

So it looks like she and I will be giving birth maybe even the same week. And both likely having girls. I can't say I'm a fan of sharing anything in common with Kail, but, well.

• Love 2

I can actually picture Kail choosing the sex of her baby . She seems artificial in every way.

I actually do somewhat see Cole's shyness. He barely ever says anything other than "im excited" " I can't wait" and make sounds. You never really see him having a full out conversation on tv like the other douchebags who don't know how to STOP talking. Plus, I'm sure the first season he was uncomfortable, but he prob got used to it.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, poopchute said:

Oh yeah she can call it whatever she wants, that's totally up to her, I agree!  But it's not a wedding.  

EXACTLY!!!!  It is a play.   

I can call myseld the Queen of England but that does not make it so.  Or if my husband and I decided to have a wedding tonight and we kept saying that it is our REAL WEDDING, well that would not make it true, as a wedding is when people who are not married get married.

12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I just feel like Chelsea looks good for this show, and I feel like I've been super negative about her lately, but that's just because 90% of people seem to think she's basically perfect, except maaaaybe annoyed by the baby voice. I could list many good things I like about her, but I feel like I'm one of the lone voices of dissent when the Chelsea worship starts. 

I am with you, and I don't understand why people think she is anywhere near perfect.  

8 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I can actually picture Kail choosing the sex of her baby . She seems artificial in every way.

I actually do somewhat see Cole's shyness. He barely ever says anything other than "im excited" " I can't wait" and make sounds. You never really see him having a full out conversation on tv like the other douchebags who don't know how to STOP talking. Plus, I'm sure the first season he was uncomfortable, but he prob got used to it.

HA!  He does make sounds.  Lots of sounds...  Not a lot of actual talk, as it were.

It may be that he is... not a genuis?  He seems a bit simple.  There is something off about him to me. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 13

Yes! People say, "I love how they keep their drama and fights to themselves," but there is a huge difference between not fighting and NEVER having a difference of opinion. I was lucky in that growing up, I don't recall ever witnessing my parents fight. However, disagreeing about something was a daily occurrence. My mom might mention hamburgers for dinner, and my dad said he had them for lunch. My mom liked Harris teeter, but my dad said, "why not go to food lion, because it's closer?" I could give a million more examples, but they had a ridiculously harmonious relationship, but it seemed real. Cole agrees with Chelsea every. Single. Time. Sometimes he gets that panicked look in his eyes before agreeing. That's what makes it seem odd to me!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Yes! People say, "I love how they keep their drama and fights to themselves," but there is a huge difference between not fighting and NEVER having a difference of opinion. I was lucky in that growing up, I don't recall ever witnessing my parents fight. However, disagreeing about something was a daily occurrence. My mom might mention hamburgers for dinner, and my dad said he had them for lunch. My mom liked Harris teeter, but my dad said, "why not go to food lion, because it's closer?" I could give a million more examples, but they had a ridiculously harmonious relationship, but it seemed real. Cole agrees with Chelsea every. Single. Time. Sometimes he gets that panicked look in his eyes before agreeing. That's what makes it seem odd to me!

Last season Chelsea and Cole were going out to dinner on a Saturday night. Cole couldn't find a parking spot and said something like "That's why I hate going out on a Saturday night". He probably forgot there was a dashboard camera. I remember the scene because it seemed so out of character for him.

• Love 5

I don't understand why people think she is anywhere near perfect.  

Perfection is not something I see around these parts with this show. I am thinking real hard trying to remember when that was ever mentioned. LOL Chelsea's scenes have been dramastically (thanks Jenelle) cut to couch scenes. We are being given very little to talk about. What little she is being allowed to show is hardly worth mentioning.  If anything, her scenes give me some relief from the rest of the cast who continuously yell and berate people. The same thing was mentioned when people mentioned how much they like and support Barb. It is not about perfection as much as discussing the person's overall goodness.

Leah's scenes in this past episode were boring as hell. The only energy I mustered up was to mention the Starbucks' cup on Leah's desk. The rest was crap. Kail has been giving us very few scenes, but what has been happening in those scenes has been ginormous, just like her ass. Kail gives so much for someone who is refusing to film.

Poor Barb has had it rough for a very long time. I need more Barb and Jace scenes. Their lives are certainly more important than anything Jenelle and UBT are doing which is nothing. Same old crap. I didn't get to comment on Barb and how she was treated in the last episode. My god, how horrible. Jenelle doesn't realize how lucky she has it to even have her mother in her life. How many guys has Jenelle gone through? I lost count. The person who has been there for her is her precious mother. Jenelle looks as if she wants to kill her off. I can't handle people who don't appreciate their parents. I am not talking about parents like Kail's mom, I am talking about the true parents who struggled and did their best. That doesn't mean Barb is perfect.  Gving kudos, props, and liking how someone is as a person in general doesn't mean they are perfect people. It is just the positive sometimes outweigh the negatives for the most part.

I wish I could let Barb and Jace know that they do have people who wish them the best and hate how they are being treated. I think Barb needs to get that full custody, and I pray she does. I also need her to restrict Jace's time with Jenelle. She has done all she can possibly do. She is only human. I get that is her daughter, but just because people are family doesn't mean you have to have a relationship with them.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 13

Cole reminds me of a boyfriend I had back in the 80s. He was gorgeous, but sounded so much like Cole. He was perfectly nice, nothing necessarily wrong with his personality, only he wasn't particularly going to light the world on fire with his wit or sense of humor. Chelsea may be okay with that, as she's not going to be doing that either. There's a pot for every lid. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, butterbody said:

Well said, and I think it just shows that Chelsea is going to be judged no matter what she does. We could just as easily be reading countless posts about how she "sold out" for allowing her wedding to be filmed for the paycheck. 

And if they're only filmed a few weeks a month, it would be pretty self indulgent to schedule your wedding at that time. If MTV didn't mind, why should I? The pictures were lovely.

Exactly.  If someone wants to hate on Chelsea, they're going to find a reason.  I've seen people go so far as to create elaborate backstories about her out of thin air or make assumptions that things are really terrible based on zero evidence.   To me, it just validates their decision to keep their wedding private.  It's supposed to be amongst the happiest days of their lives, so why would they want to open it up for haters to talk shit all over the internet?  And you're absolutely right that if they HAD chosen to have Mtv film it, people would be slamming them for "selling out."  Some people really can't win no matter what they do, so might as well do what makes THEM happy.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Vee, too. 

@SPLAIN, she said "halfway through" her pregnancy at first, which would have put her conception date at the end of October if she was indeed 20 weeks. Later she said 17 weeks, which would put the conception date at mid November. She's reiterated several times when asked that she wasn't pregnant in October/early November. Unless she's lying, which would be somewhat pointless because she's admitting to cheating either way. 

So it looks like she and I will be giving birth maybe even the same week. And both likely having girls. I can't say I'm a fan of sharing anything in common with Kail, but, well.

My baby girl was born one day before Nova from TM OG.   Let's just say little Nova definitely drew the short straw in that one...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I am with you, and I don't understand why people think she is anywhere near perfect.  

I don't "hate" on Chels and I think she is a perfectly nice person, but she is completely average and unremarkable except in relation to the horrible people that she shares the show with. I could care less about her wedding or anything, but she is still a sell-out in the sense that she is banking on her child, like the rest of these girls. Again, I don't hate her for it but she doesn't exactly deserve a clap on the back for it. She may be the best mom and overall person in the franchise, but she took the easy way out with an MTV paycheck like the rest of them.  I won't curse her out for it, most people would leap at the chance to make an easy six figures a year, but it does make her just as fallible as the rest of the girls imo.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 15
On 3/14/2017 at 5:48 AM, Lm2162 said:

I took Kail's tweet as only related to the date, not the dad. I started saying I was "about halfway" through my pregnancy at around 16-17 weeks, I think that's pretty common even though technically 20 is halfway, so I assume 17 weeks is the actual number. 

Thank you for the timeline. I read through and found this posted. That clears things up for me. Hoping all is going well with your pregnancy.

Is there still a chance JC the producer might be the father of the child? Farrah has implied the answer is right "under our noses". I assume she is referring to the cast members noses'.  Some tabloids have mentioned that is exactly what she means. Did she see some flirting and coziness going on by those two? Unless Farrah is referring to Chris and she is pointing to the fact he has been around since before Javi was deployed, and Chris was the one who was there all along.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Abmis said:

don't have a problem with Chelsea not having the weddings filmed.  They aren't just her ceremonies, they're Cole's too.  Maybe he has family members who are uncomfortable with filming.

This is a good point. Other than her parents, NONE of her other family members have really been on camera. I think I read somewhere once that her sisters do not want to be filmed. I think Chelsea has quite a few nieces and nephews that are kept off camera. I say good for them. 

22 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I swear, she bothers me the most out of all these girls, because she is soooo close to having it together, but always ends up being irresponsible at the 11th hour.

Personally, I don't see it as irresponsible. They wanted a kid. They were going to try soon anyhow. She may have been a bit naive about quickly she'd get pregnant without BC, but they were already engaged and planning a life together. I don't really see it as a big deal. She managed to not get pregnant for, what? SIX years since the first one? That's more than the rest of these "third time's a charm" heifers can say. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I want to say Chelsea herself said Cole was shy--to friends, I believe, and on more than one occasion.  Also, he supposedly doesn't like the cameras. 

I don't think Cole HATES the cameras, but I do think he is never fully comfortable with them and probably never will be. He just always come across a bit guarded and awkward, to me. While he may not be "shy", he may be reserved, in that he doesn't want to give all of himself to all of the world. I wouldn't compare posting on SM, because you can control what you post and who sees what. 

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Has anyone actually said that, though?

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Cole agrees with Chelsea every. Single. Time.

This isn't true. On just the last episode he chose a different pregnancy announcement photo than she did. He also corrected her when she was bringing that loud, fake baby into the living room, and was concerned the noise would travel upstairs and reach Aubree. 

I think overall he is probably a very laid back person who doesn't have an opinion on everything. He seems content to let her do her thing; not scared. My youngest sister is like that. Just super easy going and down for most anything. But when she actually DOES strongly care about something, she will say something. I saw that with Cole. 

• Love 13

I don't think Cole HATES the cameras, but I do think he is never fully comfortable with them and probably never will be. He just always come across a bit guarded and awkward, to me. While he may not be "shy", he may be reserved, in that he doesn't want to give all of himself to all of the world. I wouldn't compare posting on SM, because you can control what you post and who sees what. 

Yeah, and even when it comes to that kind of stuff, it seems like if they go to a concert, he'll post a pic of THEMSELVES at the concert, or in a group shot if they're lucky enough to meet the artist...he's not posing full tilt, sideways peace sign with only Miley Cyrus (I'm looking at you Big Papi)...oh, and I've never heard of him referring to himself in the 3rd person (I'm looking at you Big Papi)...

BTW, while I find Kail to be a beast (tm Kim Richards), Jenelle is hands down the worst person I've ever seen on reality tv.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, and even when it comes to that kind of stuff, it seems like if they go to a concert, he'll post a pic of THEMSELVES at the concert, or in a group shot if they're lucky enough to meet the artist...he's not posing full tilt, sideways peace sign with only Miley Cyrus (I'm looking at you Big Papi)...oh, and I've never heard of him referring to himself in the 3rd person (I'm looking at you Big Papi)...

BTW, while I find Kail to be a beast (tm Kim Richards), Jenelle is hands down the worst person I've ever seen on reality tv.

Jenelle is really bad. I think my hatred of Amber trumps my hatred for her, though. I think I've gotten so desensitized by Jenelle that everything is "meh," whereas Amber keeps reaching stunning new heights (mocking women who accused her fiance of rape??!). 

Kailyn has been moving up the ranks lately though. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Perfection is not something I see around these parts with this show. I am thinking real hard trying to remember when that was ever mentioned.

I was responding to, and agreeing with specific wording in someone else's post.

I don't want to start WWIII, I was just agreeing with someone and having an opinion and a laugh about the show.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

Guys, it took me two days to watch this shit. TWO DAYS!! 

Anyway, as I'm watching KailSmash unleash on everyone in her path, I realize her tell. When you have her backed in a corner with her lies, she starts speaking super fast. Like she is on fast forward or a character in Gilmore Girls. Once Javi said the 'sleeping with dudes' dig, she morphs into Level 10 SMASH and the words are FLYING out of her mouth. I'm so thankful I had closed captioning. Lol she is a mess!!

@CerealKiller813 is my spirit animal. 

I take two days to watch this shit since always.  I DVR and watch once pre-snark and once post-snark (lol).
And yaaaaas to putting this on closed captioning.  Sometimes, that's the only way I can understand what ANY of them are saying.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, RamonaSenomar said:

@CerealKiller813 is my spirit animal. 

I take two days to watch this shit since always.  I DVR and watch once pre-snark and once post-snark (lol).
And yaaaaas to putting this on closed captioning.  Sometimes, that's the only way I can understand what ANY of them are saying.

Sometimes I find myself yelling back at the tv during a segment and I have to stop it, watch a cartoon or something else funny and decompress. I paused that first segment with Kailyn twice. She was doing too too much. Smashing through those words with Javi. ??????

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I don't "hate" on Chels and I think she is a perfectly nice person, but she is completely average and unremarkable except in relation to the horrible people that she shares the show with. I could care less about her wedding or anything, but she is still a sell-out in the sense that she is banking on her child, like the rest of these girls. Again, I don't hate her for it but she doesn't exactly deserve a clap on the back for it. She may be the best mom and overall person in the franchise, but she took the easy way out with an MTV paycheck like the rest of them.  I won't curse her out for it, most people would leap at the chance to make an easy six figures a year, but it does make her just as fallible as the rest of the girls imo.

That's basically where I fall. To me, Chelsea will never be a great mom because I feel like she's compromised her kids for money.  She does it on TM2 and she does it on social media. 

Now, I'm certainly not a perfect mom myself. I make plenty of mistakes. But I'd never sell my child's privacy.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

The only difference between Chelsea and the rest is I don't see her griping about how people judge her or taking to Twitter to lash out at people. At least, no one has posted any such comment by her, unlike the rest of the cast who take to their Twitter to defend themselves while spewing madness at their h8ters.

I think Randy does this on her behalf sometimes.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Has anyone actually said that, though?

This isn't true. On just the last episode he chose a different pregnancy announcement photo than she did. He also corrected her when she was bringing that loud, fake baby into the living room, and was concerned the noise would travel upstairs and reach Aubree. 

I think overall he is probably a very laid back person who doesn't have an opinion on everything. He seems content to let her do her thing; not scared. My youngest sister is like that. Just super easy going and down for most anything. But when she actually DOES strongly care about something, she will say something. I saw that with Cole. 

My husband and I are like that.  He's VERY particular about...well, pretty much everything.  It's kind of annoying.  I, on the other hand, don't have super strong opinions about most mundane things.  It's not a matter of me always giving into him, it's more a matter of not wanting to haggle about Every. Single. Thing.  I don't think our daughter is going to get poisoned if I put meat in her lunchbox with an ice pack for school but he cares a shitload about it so mac and cheese it is.  I'm really not that invested in giving her corned beef for lunch.  I don't care about what type of pillow or mattress we have in our room but he seems to think the world will end unless we get the exact one he wants.  Cool man, get your dream mattress.  I'm going to sleep the same, regardless.  Stuff like that.   When it comes to the important stuff like where the kids are going to school or where we're going to vacation, then I give my opinion and we compromise. 

Argue about stuff that matters.  If it doesn't matter, let it go.  I think that's the mark of a healthy relationship.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Argue about stuff that matters.  If it doesn't matter, let it go.  I think that's the mark of a healthy relationship.

No shit, right?  I'm married to a Cole-type guy.  He's awesome, I get why people love him.  I fell in love with him for it too.  But on my mom's last visit, he picked a fight I wasn't about to play into.  She lived on another continent, she doesn't know him.  I've been with him for over a decade.  I've seen the good, bad, and ugly from him.  Just as he's seen mine.

She for real picked his side.  "Momma, he's being a dick right now.  This doesn't concern you."  "Well I just don't think he should work all day and come home to do his own laundry, too."  He didn't.  He was being a jerk, I just returned the favor.  Nobody is calling attorneys, we're not gonna divorce over this.  It's just that we both decided to get pissy with each other.  It happens.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Thank you for the timeline. I read through and found this posted. That clears things up for me. Hoping all is going well with your pregnancy.

Is there still a chance JC the producer might be the father of the child? Farrah has implied the answer is right "under our noses". I assume she is referring to the cast members noses'.  Some tabloids have mentioned that is exactly what she means. Did she see some flirting and coziness going on by those two? Unless Farrah is referring to Chris and she is pointing to the fact he has been around since before Javi was deployed, and Chris was the one who was there all along.

I believe JC is the father.  Farrah knew right away that Kail was pregnant and they feuded about it in December.  Farrah is actually very close with the TM showrunners and most likely got the gossip from them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

[Chelsea] managed to not get pregnant for, what? SIX years since the first one? That's more than the rest of these "third time's a charm" heifers can say. 

Except for that one time she thought she might've been pregnant with a second child by Adam. I mean thank GOD she wasn't, but it was just luck not any precautions by Chelsea that she ended up not pregnant that time.

2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think Randy does this on her behalf sometimes.

I've seen him commenting on a Radar Online article and was damn shocked!

Edited by nikita
to avoid a double post
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

A perfectly nice person and decent mother, but definitely a basic bitch. And I don't consider stating my opinion to be "hating on" her.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

A perfectly nice person and decent mother, but definitely a basic bitch. And I don't consider stating my opinion to be "hating on" her.

No one mentioned "hate" just like no one mentioned "perfect".

39 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I believe JC is the father.  Farrah knew right away that Kail was pregnant and they feuded about it in December.  Farrah is actually very close with the TM showrunners and most likely got the gossip from them.

Was that about the tweet you shared where Farrah mentioned something that alluded to knowing back then Hulk was pregnant?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Was that about the tweet you shared where Farrah mentioned something that alluded to knowing back then Hulk was pregnant?

Someone did mention those who dared criticize her to be "hating on" her.

• Love 4

Idk, with the whole Cole not disagreeing with Chelsea... disagreement is totally a healthy thing, but I feel like I might have a similar personality to Cole, in that I genuinely don't care about a lot of things... not in a mean or apathetic way, I usually attribute it to me being the middle child, but I'm usually fine with whatever other people want to do. It's hard to explain, but I don't feel like a door mat either, I don't go against anything I truly believe in or go along with things I don't want to do, but the majority of the time I really don't mind doing what the other person wants to do. I can see where people would think it's annoying to never have a true opinion though, it even annoys me at times because when you generally don't have a strong feeling or opinion about things and it's time to decide what you want for dinner... let's just say you wind up eating cereal a lot if there isn't someone else around to suggest something. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, druzy said:

Last season Chelsea and Cole were going out to dinner on a Saturday night. Cole couldn't find a parking spot and said something like "That's why I hate going out on a Saturday night". He probably forgot there was a dashboard camera. I remember the scene because it seemed so out of character for him.

I don't understand how they don't realize stuff like that would actually be endearing to viewers! If he has a less stilted personality in real life, I would love to see it. I can't even imagine him stringing together the above sentence, so good for him! I do think there is some sort of calculated effort on their part to project this utopian image, but they should realize people would like them more if they seemed real. 

Did anyone else notice that Chelsea asked Mary why she would go into stuff "right now?" Then she said it really upsets "me." Me, not Aubree. Methinks there's a chance that their family talks about this stuff on the regular, but it's just not allowed during filming less Chelsea get flack for it on social media. I almost wonder if Chelsea wants us to see how much better her life is with Cole than it was with Adam, and goes to extremes to make it obvious to the audience!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Yes.  Farrah accused both Kail and Chelsea of getting pregnant to stay relevant after Kail inserted herself into the Amber vs. Farrah shit in December.

kailyn-lowry-farrah-abraham-twitter-feud

• Love 3

With the Chelsea and Mary conversation, it's very possible that Chelsea talks to her parents and Cole about the issues she has with Adam.  And I would imagine she doesn't mince words, either.  As I mentioned before, I was raised by my stepfather, who I consider my father.  I guarantee that my mother made some comments over the years to people about "he's more of a father than x" or something along those lines.  I know that now, because I'm well past 30, but that was NEVER said around me, nor was anyone else prodding me to make comments the way Mary was.  Mary was out of line and should have known that that type of conversation is meant for adults only, and, honestly, shouldn't be on camera.  My mother wouldn't have said it to anyone on the street, it would have been a private conversation between her and her mother or sister, and that's no different than Chelsea keeping it off camera and away from Aubree.

When it comes to Chelsea being perfect, I don't think that, but I do think she's doing a pretty reasonable job.  I guess the best way to put it is that if Chelsea had waited until she was like 28 to have Aubree, her life would probably be similar to what it is now.  No cameras, and maybe she'd have to work (or work more), but, she'd likely have a relatively normal, quiet life, as a pretty much stay at home mom, taking her kid to school and activities.  So, in that respect, I think she's the biggest success out of the teen moms. 

There are some things that I am super picky about and then a lot of things I honestly don't care one way or the other about.  My husband is the same way.  So, we tend to go with whoever cares the most about a particular issue.  I happen to be picky about the way shirts get folded, so all shirts are folded the way I prefer, but it also means that I fold most of them, which is fine.  The way toilet paper is on a holder is a super big deal to him, for reasons I don't comprehend.  As long as I have toilet paper when I need it, my world is good.  So, if I put it on wrong, he fixes it.  I refrain from mocking him for doing so.  As others have mentioned, I see Cole being mostly this way.  If it doesn't matter to him, he just goes with the flow. 

• Love 13

Did anyone else notice that Chelsea asked Mary why she would go into stuff "right now?" Then she said it really upsets "me." Me, not Aubree. Methinks there's a chance that their family talks about this stuff on the regular, but it's just not allowed during filming less Chelsea get flack for it on social media. I almost wonder if Chelsea wants us to see how much better her life is with Cole than it was with Adam, and goes to extremes to make it obvious to the audience!

I don't see it this way at all.  I totally think she meant in front of Aubree, and how awkward that conversation was given Aubree had a dad already.  I saw her sensitivity on the subject and how it impacts Aubree.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Okay I might get some mod intervention on this but it's worth it to me: what is wrong with being a "basic bitch?"  I've never understood it.  It's someone who likes a lot of mainstream stuff right (let's not get started on the fact that most of this stuff is likely mainstream BECAUSE so many people like it).  You know, pumpkin shit in the fall, peppermint shit in the winter, boots and flannels, starbucks on the daily, ect right?  Is there an age range you have to fit into to get the coveted title of "basic bitch"?   I fit the definition of a "basic bitch" despite the fact that I'm a rapidly approaching middle aged woman with a career and two kids.  Do I lose my "basic bitch" card for being too old?  Does it make me cooler or even more uncool?  I also drive a mini-van.  Does that make me more or less of a "basic bitch"?  I'm a runner, but I was running before it became super trendy like it is now.  Does that make me more or less of a basic bitch?  Is it a color thing?  Is the title reserved for white girls or can all ethnicities participate?  What about tattoos?  Tattoos are CRAZY trendy right now.  I don't have any.  I consider myself less of a conformer because I don't have a tramp stamp or Chinese symbol on my shoulder or some other crap.  What about Kail?  For all intents and purposes she's REAL basic.  I mean, we all know how much Kail loves her Starbys.  But do her tattoos get her a "get out of basic free" card? They're fucking terrible.  Does that make a difference? MAYBE THAT'S WHY SHE GOT THEM.  Also, why is it used as a pejorative term?  Should Starbucks be worried?

There's so much I want to know about this phenomenon.

13 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Basic bitch is right! 

OMG, please enlighten me!  Now that I've typed it out, I feel invested.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Okay I might get some mod intervention on this but it's worth it to me: what is wrong with being a "basic bitch?"  I've never understood it.  It's someone who likes a lot of mainstream stuff right (let's not get started on the fact that most of this stuff is likely mainstream BECAUSE so many people like it).  You know, pumpkin shit in the fall, peppermint shit in the winter, boots and flannels, starbucks on the daily, ect right?  Is there an age range you have to fit into to get the coveted title of "basic bitch"?   I fit the definition of a "basic bitch" despite the fact that I'm a rapidly approaching middle aged woman with a career and two kids.  Do I lose my "basic bitch" card for being too old?  Does it make me cooler or even more uncool?  I also drive a mini-van.  Does that make me more or less of a "basic bitch"?  I'm a runner, but I was running before it became super trendy like it is now.  Does that make me more or less of a basic bitch?  Is it a color thing?  Is the title reserved for white girls or can all ethnicities participate?  What about tattoos?  Tattoos are CRAZY trendy right now.  I don't have any.  I consider myself less of a conformer because I don't have a tramp stamp or Chinese symbol on my shoulder or some other crap.  What about Kail?  For all intents and purposes she's REAL basic.  I mean, we all know how much Kail loves her Starbys.  But do her tattoos get her a "get out of basic free" card? They're fucking terrible.  Does that make a difference? MAYBE THAT'S WHY SHE GOT THEM.  Also, why is it used as a pejorative term?  Should Starbucks be worried?

There's so much I want to know about this phenomenon.

OMG, please enlighten me!  Now that I've typed it out, I feel invested.

(the tribal fairy tattoo on my left ankle is hidden by my juicy track pants that match the hoodie, but...)  *raises Starbucks cup*  cheers!!!!

• Love 5

So I've been catching up on this thread and I keep noticing the moms being referred to as heifers. Which I guess it's fun to say, but just FYI they're cows, not heifers. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does. It's a quirk. I was an animal science major in college with a specialization in beef cattle studies and I live on a cattle ranch where we run about 600 head of cattle. These ladies stopped being heifers the moment they calved (had their kids). Their cows, not heifers. But I will concede that heifer is more fun to say. 

nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 18

Maybe it's a regional thing or a generational thing.  Growing up in Texas many years ago, it wasn't unusual for someone to say something like, "Hey Bud, are you still dating that little heifer?"  It was just a cute reference to a "young female," and not a slam at someone's physical appearance or weight. 

• Love 2

One of the things that pissed me off the most during this episode was when Kail refused to put Lincoln's clothes in a bag for Javi.  REALLY?!  Lincoln is her son too.  Why be such a petty b*tch?  Doesn't she realize how terrible she is making herself look?  And she can't get Javi a simple glass of water when he politely asked for something to drink?

• Love 9
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone did mention those who dared criticize her to be "hating on" her.

I'll address this because I used the term "hate."  I didn't mean it in the context of "you hate Chelsea."  I meant it as "you're hating on Chelsea."  I use the term "hating on" to describe someone who is kind of "BEC" towards someone else.  BEC meaning "bitch eating crackers" meaning your general feelings towards the person clouds your judgment with respect to anything they do.  Put simply, Chelsea could have a segment about her volunteering at an animal shelter and some people would still be like "oh, she's just doing that for the cameras.  You know she went there one day and never went back."  That's hating on someone.  There's nothing about the act itself to snark on, but you're going to look for a reason to snark on it because you don't like her as a person/reality tv personality.  Make sense?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I hate on plenty of reality tv people.  But I admit that's what I'm doing.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5