Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Say Yes

halgia
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It's not as though they weren't also trying to get some guns etc for exchange.

Yeah, I didn't have an issue with the expedition because they weren't out sipping margaritas.  They were looking for guns and generally feeling hopeful because they were being pro-active, working on assembling a force to go against Negan.  Now we can debate the wisdom of trusting the junk yard idiots and going against Negan, but I can see why Rick & Michonne might be feeling a bit light hearted.   I've always liked them as a couple, so that worked for me.

Rick DID hang around Alexandria, kowtowing to Negan, thinking it was the best way to protect everyone...which pissed off Michonne (who was right, BTW).  I'm glad to see them on the same page, he really needs her to slap him upside the head once in a while (literally and figuratively).

The show has never been subtle, but wow, was Tara's exposition to Judith totally unnecessary and long winded.  We know the point of her side excursion was to introduce the Oceanside group, I don't need to hear her go on about it.  Rosita is angry at everything and Sasha is mourning Abe like a longtime war widow; not that she shouldn't mourn but jeez, Sasha moping is tiresome.  The show can't think of anything else to do with these people? 

I'm getting a running in circles feeling. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, diebartdie said:

Because ASZ has solar power, fresh running water (for drinking as well as bathing and even toilet flushing and Im not talking about the pond Darryl set on fire last season), nice, solid houses and a very nice wall. It has a thriving community of generally nice people of all ages and it is their HOME. Why should they be the ones the leave? Fuck Negan! ASZ is worth defending.

Except they're not doing a very good job of it and folks are dying in the meantime.   Some who formerly enjoyed solar power, fresh running water, nice solid houses and a very nice wall were pureed before their friends' eyes on a nameless country highway, while others have been shot, eviscerated, and beaten.    What's the point of having a nice house if you live in a dangerous neighborhood?  Waking up alive each day seems a more precious luxury than having access to DVD players and porch swings.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Vyk said:

Where the hell has Carl been the past three weeks?!

I miss Carl. Has he even said more than a few sentences since his Negan "adventure"?

The show this season is making me question my taste. Lately my favorite characters on this show are Carl and Eugene (as long as they don't totally destroy his character by making him become loyal to Negan.) And one of my two favorite scenes so far had basically nothing happening except two friends finding each other and saying hello.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, CatMomma said:

I felt really bad for the deer. She managed to survive carefree, until fucking Rick showed up. I swear the look on her face when she saw Michonne was "Oh, shit! Not you guys!"

Oh holy hell, this is going to have me laughing like a demented hyena all night...

I liked this episode.  It's certainly not in my top 10 of the series by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought it was decent and pretty much held my attention (mostly for the snark-tastic "Another Brilliant Plan By Rick" fodder).  

Poor Judith...Honey, my eyes were glazing over at Tara's blathering just as yours were.  I felt for ya, kiddo.  

So...where's Coral?  Has he gone off in search of a decent eye patch?  Is he off getting the magical hat resized?  Is he off shooting up another 4-5 inches in height off camera?  Is he off slipping Enid the hot beef injection?

I don't know why I care where Coral has gone off to...clearly Rick doesn't.  

That being said, I can't wait to see Badass Fucking Carol back next week!!!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
On 3/6/2017 at 0:52 AM, Nashville said:

WISH they talked like Yoda, they do.

From the episode recap:

2017-03-06-the-walking-dead25.jpg

Rick brings sixty-three guns to the Junkyard Gang, but Jadis says it's not enough: they need twice that many. Rick negotiates getting some guns back in order to make that happen, and Jadis reluctantly agrees. "More soon we'll fight," she says. Cool, thanks, Yoda.

Love it.  :D

15 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Being in a relationship with Rick hasn't slowed [Michonne] down just because she's smiling more.

In truth, I would expect the opposite; you fight harder when you have something worth fighting for.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Each member of Rick's group should have a role, a purpose in life.  That's where Rick has failed, and why I no longer view him as a leader.

They usually find those roles themselves. They are then usually killed and replaced by someone else who finds those roles. Ultimately it's their own choice as they've made it clear over the years that while they are happy to pay lip service to Rick being a leader, they will do whatever they want, whenever they want. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Which is a huge problem if Rick's group is to survive.

Beyond Rick and Michonne, there isn't anyone in Alexandria to lead them.

Carol ran off.

Daryl is running around and hiding so he doesn't get caught.

Maggie is hiding out at the Hilltop.

Rosita is out of control.

The list goes on and on.

I think it's just easier to write this way. I used to be a big fan of Blake's 7, and the whole premise, even more than TWD where Rick as leader began to be challenged from very early on, was that they were a ragtag group of selfish criminals who needed a freedom fighter to keep them in line - yet in spite of this, when the show lost interest in that idea, the leader was reduced to a bystander as various characters did what they wanted and were generally supported by the writing.

On this show, leaders who are presented as having tight control over their groups tend to pay a terrible price, for themselves and their group (The Governor, Terminus, probably the group that got off the luckiest was that hospital group, and that was because their leader got her head blown off).

I don't think Rick is that great a leader but I also don't feel like they actually see or treat him as one anyway. He's a figurehead. When the chips are down, they do what they want. And generally most of them will survive to keep the plot going, a few will die and be replaced, etc. 

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Carol ran off.

The list goes on and on.

Ironically I think Rick led the best when he wasn't really leading - at the Prison. While he was off in Crazytown, others rose to the occasion and kept the community going until it all went to hell when the Governa showed up. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, mightysparrow said:

And it pisses me off, because if they felt they had to turn Michonne into Black Andrea, did they have to take away EVERYTHING that made Michonne such an incredible character?

They did  the same thing to Daryl - surgically removed anything he had resembling  a personality. He's a Pod Person!

• Love 6
(edited)

I know they spend a ton of money of practical special effects like make-up, but their CGI skills really suck. That deer looked like a Colorform that someone stuck on the camera lens. 

Good timing on Rosita's part to meet up with Sasha as she's tending to Abraham's grave. 

I know Rick was enjoying Sexy Time With Michonne, but what about Coral and Judith?  And who was left behind at Alexandria who even knows how to fight?  Rick and Michonne are on their honeymoon, Abraham and Glenn are fertilizing next year's zucchini, Maggie and Sasha are at the Hilltop, Carol and Morgan are in the Kingdom and Daryl is supposedly MIA. Gabriel and post partum Tara ain't gonna cut it. 

Edited by Johnny Dollar
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Michonne deserves a better man than Rick Grimes.

Bruce Wayne would say: "Rick is the man she needs, not the one she deserves".

But in a world without Tinder, how can she find this mystery man?

• Love 1

(Rosita blaming FPP for talking her out of shooting Negan, after she had already attempted to shoot Negan)

Rosita was referring to this discussion with Father Gabriel.  I think her logic is that if she had stuck with her original plan she would have succeeded in killing Negan, but instead she wound up acting on impulse and failed.   It's iffy logic, but I think that's what she meant.

The only time this bunch of bad ass loud mouths looks to Rick is when a tough decision needs to be made or a tough decision don't have the desired outcome. Any other time they are giving him lip service, the finger, bucking up to him to take a bus, telling people he doesn't deserve nice things, letting cannibals live etc. I'm sick of the whole lot and their defiant attitudes. Rick has made some HORRIBLE decisions I would concede that but he always get up and come back fighting right or wrong, good or bad. And if he cares about you he will do what he can to save you or keep you alive. It doesn't always work but it's better than nothing or living off points.

• Love 7

Have we found out why the garbage people talk so weirdly? Did someone explain and I missed it? What is going on with that womans hair?! Whenever they show up it takes me right out of the show, because I don't see how a zombie apocalypse can make you forget your words. Grrrrr.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SherriAnt said:

Have we found out why the garbage people talk so weirdly? Did someone explain and I missed it? What is going on with that womans hair?! Whenever they show up it takes me right out of the show, because I don't see how a zombie apocalypse can make you forget your words. Grrrrr.

My head!canon is that since they are living at a literal dump the toxic waste has affected their ability to speak. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Bruce Wayne would say: "Rick is the man she needs, not the one she deserves".

But in a world without Tinder, how can she find this mystery man?

Oh, that man is around.  But Gimple will never let it happen, for a lot of reasons, one of them being he knows that a certain fandom would go nuts. 

Edited to add:  Speaking of Gimple, where the heck is he?  And his running buddy Kirkman?  A while back, you couldn't get those two off the tv or away from interviewers.  What's with the silent treatment?  In my opinion, that's the perfect sign that things aren't rosy behind the scenes.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Carol ran off.

The list goes on and on.

This!!! Denise's death was the proof that no structure in leadership is the downfall of Alexandria. There was no reason for Denise to have spent the day as a scavenger, when her highest value to the community is the doctor. But she just had to go out and learn about the walkers and therefore was killed by Scarface. I am not knocking her reasons for going cause she should know have to defend herself against walkers. Maggie was the leader at time should have had training days in place for her out in the woods, where Denise is never  far away from the walls of Alexandria. 

Hell her death set of the chain of events that allowed the Saviors to get the upper hand over CDB. Darryl ran off after Scarface, Glen, Michonne, and Rosita felt the need to run after him. Maggie is in the process of miscarriage, there is no doctor, Rick decides to gather a group to take her to Hilltop. Now everyone is outside of Alexandria and able to get captured by the Saviors. 

• Love 2

Wasting rifle ammo on a carnival game, and potentially making every nearby zombie head straight for you (why didn't that happen?).  Sitting in rubble and laughing after falling through a roof instead of looking around for zombies.  Staying in a car (and jumping into the trunk!) long enough for it to get surrounded, when there's plenty of time to chop the nearby zombies and run.  Climbing up onto a Ferris wheel for no good reason, when you could easily fall and OOPS.  Choosing to eat RTEs when there's plenty of more-edible canned food.  The stupid hurts.

Well, at least they're not so stupid that they think 20 is less than 10.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, notagain said:

This!!! Denise's death was the proof that no structure in leadership is the downfall of Alexandria. There was no reason for Denise to have spent the day as a scavenger, when her highest value to the community is the doctor. But she just had to go out and learn about the walkers and therefore was killed by Scarface. I am not knocking her reasons for going cause she should know have to defend herself against walkers. Maggie was the leader at time should have had training days in place for her out in the woods, where Denise is never  far away from the walls of Alexandria. 

Hell her death set of the chain of events that allowed the Saviors to get the upper hand over CDB. Darryl ran off after Scarface, Glen, Michonne, and Rosita felt the need to run after him. Maggie is in the process of miscarriage, there is no doctor, Rick decides to gather a group to take her to Hilltop. Now everyone is outside of Alexandria and able to get captured by the Saviors. 

And exactly how was he supposed to stop them? Armed guards at the wall (Woodbury) indentured servitude (Savior compound). If I recall Daryl and Rosita begged Denise not to leave and she wouldn't listen.  These aren't Hilltop or Pre-Rick Alexandria people with no skills, survival instincts and whose only interest is staying behind the wall. And we all know it was not wine and roses by the sheer number of names on the wall and admissions by the people of Alexandria that they left people.

These people don't mind killing or dying. There is no way to control them.

3 minutes ago, Kreniigh said:

Wasting rifle ammo on a carnival game, and potentially making every nearby zombie head straight for you (why didn't that happen?).  Sitting in rubble and laughing after falling through a roof instead of looking around for zombies.  Staying in a car (and jumping into the trunk!) long enough for it to get surrounded, when there's plenty of time to chop the nearby zombies and run.  Climbing up onto a Ferris wheel for no good reason, when you could easily fall and OOPS.  Choosing to eat RTEs when there's plenty of more-edible canned food.  The stupid hurts.

Well, at least they're not so stupid that they think 20 is less than 10.

As a veteran of the U.S. Army I can assure you that MRE's (RTE's to some civilians) are not only edible (some for up to 20 years) but safer than the rotting food on those palettes and some are actually delicious :). The actual stupid is not saving the MRE's for the road, a safe house, scavenger hunts and or hard times.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Boofish said:

As a veteran of the U.S. Army I can assure you that MRE's (RTE's to some civilians) are not only edible (some for up to 20 years) but safer than the rotting food on those palettes and some are actually delicious :)

Some of those meals looked like something for the COSTCO Army.....Hopefully the "travel size" entrees are equally tasty... 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

They usually find those roles themselves. They are then usually killed and replaced by someone else who finds those roles. Ultimately it's their own choice as they've made it clear over the years that while they are happy to pay lip service to Rick being a leader, they will do whatever they want, whenever they want. 

Who makes the casseroles NOW?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never said "weak"... ??  I was agreeing with mightysparrow, who called him selfish. Yeah, he was all traumatized by guilt, but his top priority should have been his son, not himself.

The dude straight up had a mental break. He was seeing her ghost and talking to dead people on the phone. Being a parent doesn't prevent one from having mental breakdowns. I was less upset at Rick, who lost it entirely, for not going to Carl, than the other emotionally sound people who just stood around watching it all. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Enero said:

Ironically I think Rick led the best when he wasn't really leading - at the Prison. While he was off in Crazytown, others rose to the occasion and kept the community going until it all went to hell when the Governa showed up. 

I actually think Rick leads really well in the moment - SHTF type situations. He thinks quickly and is able to get out of tough situations (Atlanta and "Guts", the highway, in the claimed house, biting Joe's neck out, etc.). But on a day-to-day just surviving basis, I like the idea of the council better. I think if they ever get their shit together and settle down, they should set it up like that. A council made up of those with different talents and viewpoints, and Rick as the battle general. 

• Love 8

I did the Walking Dead attraction at Universal Studios today.  It reminded me of when this show used to be scary.  Even the zombies look bored now.

Rosita needs be a casualty of this war.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

I know Rick was enjoying Sexy Time With Michonne, but what about Coral and Judith?  

Speaking as a parent - WTF?  Are Rick and Michonne supposed to be saying, "Well, we have kids to deal with.  Guess that means giving up all semblance of being autonomous human beings and not having sex for the next, oh, 18 years or so."???  

This is exactly how a couple with kids keeps from morphing into one-dimensional parent pod people with no life except their children, and STAYS a couple - you grab every free second you can to make it Couple Time.  And if that reference is ambiguous, so be it.  :)

(Not picking on you, @Johnny Dollar - but I've seen several posts in the same vein, and yours was closest one to grab for reply. :)

• Love 6

I'm with you Nashville, but his attitude didn't fit with his character in any way. EVERYTHING with this guy has always been about Coral and little Shane-ia. I would think that a two or three day honeymoon would be enough. And nobody was stopping the two of them from grabbing a quickie now and then. It made it seem more like he just wanted to give up all responsibility, that he himself was more than willing to take on. 

Crap.  Now I'm disappointed Carl didn't push to give Judith the name Shania instead.  It would have been the gift that kept on giving.

Other than that, as a parent I totally get Rick and Michonne making the most of the time away.  Oh believe me I do because they really haven't had much time when they haven't been in a house full of people.  I can only assume Rick was putting an awful lot of confidence in that walkie talkie he was toting giving him ample heads up before he came home and found a certain bat-wielding manic playing babysitter again, although even then if they were two days out I don't know what good knowing that would do them.

On 3/7/2017 at 1:39 AM, Nashville said:

Wins the Internet for the day:

2017-03-06-the-walking-dead12.jpg

Er - anybody else think TPTB's choice for the current Judith incarnation doesn't look anything like either Rick OR Shane?

Uh-oh....  ;>

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Er - anybody else think TPTB's choice for the current Judith incarnation doesn't look anything like either Rick OR Shane?

Uh-oh....  ;>

She looks like Dale

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Uh-oh....  ;>

She doesn't even look anything like Lori.

• Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, Boofish said:

And exactly how was he supposed to stop them? Armed guards at the wall (Woodbury) indentured servitude (Savior compound). If I recall Daryl and Rosita begged Denise not to leave and she wouldn't listen.  These aren't Hilltop or Pre-Rick Alexandria people with no skills, survival instincts and whose only interest is staying behind the wall. And we all know it was not wine and roses by the sheer number of names on the wall and admissions by the people of Alexandria that they left people.

These people don't mind killing or dying. There is no way to control them.

As a veteran of the U.S. Army I can assure you that MRE's (RTE's to some civilians) are not only edible (some for up to 20 years) but safer than the rotting food on those palettes and some are actually delicious :). The actual stupid is not saving the MRE's for the road, a safe house, scavenger hunts and or hard times.

My unpopular opinion...he needs to have the Ricktatorship conversation with them again. I don't remember what was so bad about it to begin with, I don't remember it functioning like any of their adversaries way of governing. He wasn't  keeping them lock up and guarded (Governor), sex trafficking (hospital), they weren't practicing cannibalism (Terminus), and they were nothing like the Saviors. Even after he declared a Ricktatorship he was still asking for their opinions ( Michonne/Governor situation). I just chalked it up to everyone hearing the word dictatorship and thinking of the way it has functioned in the 20th century. I saw a YouTube video created during the earlier seasons of the show, when there was thought and planning injected into the writing, Rick's role of dictator was based on the Roman Cincinnatus, he assumed the role multiple times when Roman was at war,  and at peace he returned to being a farmer. 

And maybe that's what Alexandria needs right now is a dictator, a singular person making all the decisions, while she is at war. Because everyone, mainly Carl and Rosita, going off halfcocked anit working, it's causing the community to deal with the consequences of their ill planned actions. And it will take a stronger personality, Rick's, to cower other people with just as strong of a personality. 

The Ricktatorship might not be the answer, but there is a middle ground in governing between what Alexandria has now and what her adversaries are practicing.  I also don't see this as Rick having total power because Michonne has been playing the role of check and balances. 

1. He didn't want to go to Alexandria. Michonne checked him.
2. He was shitting the bed all over ASZ. Michonne knocks him out. He sees the light.
3. He wanted to take Hilltop's shit. Michonne checked him again. 
4. He wanted to roll over for Negan. Michonne agreed after some discussion. But she didn't completely give in either because she was beginning to make contingency plans for 
      A. When shit hits the fan
      B. Ricks changes his mind
     C. Opposing him with an actually plan that would save their problem. (I vaguely remember the earlier days of Rick's leadership with people opposing him , but not actually opposing with solutions that would solve the problem at hand. This is the main reason I don't like Morgan.) 
     D.  All the above 
   But when she returned the shit had hit the fan, so she worked on Rick to see her point of view again. So now they are fighting. 

Edited by notagain
  • Love 5

The Cable Top 25 ratings are in for "Say Yes":

“The Walking Dead” hit a low it hasn’t seen in several years on March 5, but it was still easily the top-rated show on cable (and broadcast, for that matter) for the week.

The AMC show’s 4.7 rating among adults 18-49 was three full points better than Fox News’ coverage of President Trump’s address to a joint session of Congress. [10.678 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/weekly-ratings/cable-top-25-for-feb-27-march-5-2017/

Here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 7 so far:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million
12-11-16 “Hearts Still Beating” 10.583 million

02-12-17 “Rock in the Road” 11.996 million
02-19-17 “New Best Friends” 11.075 million
02-26-17 “Hostiles and Calamities” 10.423 million
03-05-17 “Say Yes” 10.678 million

• Love 1
1 hour ago, notagain said:

My unpopular opinion...he needs to have the Ricktatorship conversation with them again. I don't remember what was so bad about it to begin with, I don't remember it functioning like any of their adversaries way of governing. He wasn't  keeping them lock up and guarded (Governor), sex trafficking (hospital), they weren't practicing cannibalism (Terminus), and they were nothing like the Saviors. Even after he declared a Ricktatorship he was still asking for their opinions ( Michonne/Governor situation). I just chalked it up to everyone hearing the word dictatorship and thinking of the way it has functioned in the 20th century. I saw a YouTube video created during the earlier seasons of the show, when there was thought and planning injected into the writing, Rick's role of dictator was based on the Roman Cincinnatus, he assumed the role multiple times when Roman was at war,  and at peace he returned to being a farmer. 

And maybe that's what Alexandria needs right now is a dictator, a singular person making all the decisions, while she is at war. Because everyone, mainly Carl and Rosita, going off halfcocked anit working, it's causing the community to deal with the consequences of their ill planned actions. And it will take a stronger personality, Rick's, to cower other people with just as strong of a personality. 

The Ricktatorship might not be the answer, but there is a middle ground in governing between what Alexandria has now and what her adversaries are practicing.  I also don't see this as Rick having total power because Michonne has been playing the role of check and balances. 

1. He didn't want to go to Alexandria. Michonne checked him.
2. He was shitting the bed all over ASZ. Michonne knocks him out. He sees the light.
3. He wanted to take Hilltop's shit. Michonne checked him again. 
4. He wanted to roll over for Negan. Michonne agreed after some discussion. But she didn't completely give in either because she was beginning to make contingency plans for 
      A. When shit hits the fan
      B. Ricks changes his mind
     C. Opposing him with an actually plan that would save their problem. (I vaguely remember the earlier days of Rick's leadership with people opposing him , but not actually opposing with solutions that would solve the problem at hand. This is the main reason I don't like Morgan.) 
     D.  All the above 
   But when she returned the shit had hit the fan, so she worked on Rick to see her point of view again. So now they are fighting. 

It's a good plan in theory but I honestly think these people are too far gone. It might work with some of the leftover Alexandrian folks and Daryl. 

5 hours ago, Kreniigh said:

"...

Two days out is almost an entire season on this show.

To be fair, the two days includes a lot of time spent searching the area. A straight ride back to Alexandria probably wouldn't take that long.

Someone alluded to this last episode thread, but I cannot understand why Rick's group, or any of these groups under the thumb of such an unhinged psychopath, and having to hand over so much of what they collect, wouldn't simply pack up and leave the area and start up a new life 100, 500, a 1000 miles away if that's what it takes. I'm sure there are other large townships, or prisons, or compounds etc. that could be converted to livable communities all across the country.  Personally I'd choose some gated holiday resort on one of the southern coasts. Long growing seasons and access to as much fish as they can catch.

What is to be gained by trying some David against Goliath insurrection where many will be surely be killed, and their chances are not that good. As some have brought up, what happens after Negan is killed? It seems likely that anyone who hung around him as secondary command would be just as psychotic and there'd simply be a fight to see who takes over and continues using terror to enrich the Saviours. Most of these followers now, right down to simple people used as guards, have become used to being the ones that can eat anything they want to and everything else that comes with the role of aggressor.

You gotta know when to hold em, and know when to fold em, and just walk away.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, allthatglitters said:

What is to be gained by trying some David against Goliath insurrection where many will be surely be killed, and their chances are not that good. As some have brought up, what happens after Negan is killed? It seems likely that anyone who hung around him as secondary command would be just as psychotic and there'd simply be a fight to see who takes over and continues using terror to enrich the Saviours. Most of these followers now, right down to simple people used as guards, have become used to being the ones that can eat anything they want to and everything else that comes with the role of aggressor.

You gotta know when to hold em, and know when to fold em, and just walk away.

I think what will happen is that Rick will accidentally splash Negan with water, causing him to melt into a puddle (talking until the very end). After which, all the Saviors will start cheering "All hail Rick!". 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, allthatglitters said:

Someone alluded to this last episode thread, but I cannot understand why Rick's group, or any of these groups under the thumb of such an unhinged psychopath, and having to hand over so much of what they collect, wouldn't simply pack up and leave the area and start up a new life 100, 500, a 1000 miles away if that's what it takes. I'm sure there are other large townships, or prisons, or compounds etc. that could be converted to livable communities all across the country.  Personally I'd choose some gated holiday resort on one of the southern coasts. Long growing seasons and access to as much fish as they can catch.

What is to be gained by trying some David against Goliath insurrection where many will be surely be killed, and their chances are not that good.

That's a fair point.  To some extent they've already addressed it by saying Negan has people all over the area watching escape routes.  The idea is they can't really get away.  But since they have limited forces, maybe they would have a better chance making a breakout attempt where they would presumably face smaller forces, than attacking a heavily fortified central location.  

But maybe they figure they will just run into some other version of Negan, the governor, or the cannibals wherever they go.  As Captain Picard said:  "The line must be drawn here!".

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

That's a fair point.  To some extent they've already addressed it by saying Negan has people all over the area watching escape routes.  The idea is they can't really get away.  But since they have limited forces, maybe they would have a better chance making a breakout attempt where they would presumably face smaller forces, than attacking a heavily fortified central location.  

THIS is how you do it!

• Love 3

Shit, Rick's haggling session with Dumpster Diva was probably the most entertaining thing that happened. I woke up for that scene, because "Ten stuff. And me get cat!" is pretty hard not to laugh at. And I woke up for the entirity of Rosita talking to Sasha. Not because I like where that story is going. But, damn! That is a whole lot of pretty. Most of this thing, though, was just boring. I couldn't even give it a second viewing. During TD, I said "screw this" and went to bed early.

• Love 6

Since the beginning of this show I have never missed an episode. So far, this one here and the Tara-centric one with whats it? Oceanside, makes two for this season. I've read the recap here, thank you Previously and beyond that I don't feel the need to watch it to ensure I didn't miss anything. This makes me a sad panda.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Since the beginning of this show I have never missed an episode. So far, this one here and the Tara-centric one with whats it? Oceanside, makes two for this season. I've read the recap here, thank you Previously and beyond that I don't feel the need to watch it to ensure I didn't miss anything. This makes me a sad panda.

OMG - I've watched every episode AND live in Oceanside!!!  And I;'m embarrassed to say I know about the Dr. Drew sad panda face, too.

• Love 2