Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I want to like Craig Melvin, I really do, because I remember him as an anchor in DC from 2008-2011.  However, there's something about the tone of his voice that really grates--the best way I can describe it is too gravelly and hoarse-- and I can't stand to listen to him for more than a few minutes. 

• Love 5

Yeah, Craig Melvin's voice really gets to me a good bit of the time.  I loved Hallie Jackson during the campaign; but now I kind of think she is just ok.  One show I really like is Katy Tur's.  She asks tough questions and doesn't back down.  She is head and shoulders above Chuck Todd; I love Mondays' when she subs for him.  That's the only time I watch it..when I see his face I automatically reach for the remote.  He seems to be resting on some sort of laurels...don't know what they could be.  He never ever asks really tough questions of guests.  He just seems to go along to get along.  He is almost at Meek-a level dislike for me.  Almost.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, vb68 said:

It's hard for me to remember that Hallie is the Senior White Correspondent when Kristen seems much more omnipresent there handling the briefings and most of the live updates. Hallie has a tendency to disappear after her 10:00 am anchoring duties.  She may or may not turn up on Nightly News. But Kristen is also just as likely to have a story on there, too.  Still the Senior position was only available anyway because Katy Tur had enough and didn't want it. I kinda wonder if Hallie and Kristen flipped a coin. Not really, but I do think it had to be a little awkward that it was a sloppy seconds position. 

Likewise it's odd to me that Craig Melvin still has the 1:00 hour. He's not there more often than he actually seems able to show up for it with whatever his other responsibilities are for the Today Show. I never see that, so I don't know. But it's sorta ridiculous that it seems like  Chris Jansing or someone else is always filling in for him.

I would like to see Chris Jansing take Craig Melvin's spot. Craig Melvin does not fit into MSNBC right now, I have nothing against him personally but he is very useless at NBC network. Everyone who has their own program has a beat, specialty, skill or an exceptional reporting background.  Craig Melvin is a mediocre teleprompter reader, he has no beat or specialty. He is a guy who is skimping by doing to most trivial jobs like fill in on the Today show. Who is really watching Weekend Today? That show has been non existent since Lester's got promoted and left. 

In talking about Hallie, what you said is one of the reasons why I can't take her seriously. She has no presence and I don't think she is really that bright to really be a host or have her own program.  She worked a lot in 2016 campaign but so did Kirsten but I always though Kristen deserve the title more then Hallie. I think Kristen got married and I heard that she has a kid, so it could be one of the reasons why she did not take it. I think Kristen should have her own program whereas Hallie should go back to full time reporting, 

Edited by Carmen Sandiego
  • Love 6
On 4/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, vb68 said:

It's hard for me to remember that Hallie is the Senior White Correspondent when Kristen seems much more omnipresent there handling the briefings and most of the live updates. Hallie has a tendency to disappear after her 10:00 am anchoring duties.  She may or may not turn up on Nightly News. But Kristen is also just as likely to have a story on there, too.  Still the Senior position was only available anyway because Katy Tur had enough and didn't want it. I kinda wonder if Hallie and Kristen flipped a coin. Not really, but I do think it had to be a little awkward that it was a sloppy seconds position. 

Likewise it's odd to me that Craig Melvin still has the 1:00 hour. He's not there more often than he actually seems able to show up for it with whatever his other responsibilities are for the Today Show. I never see that, so I don't know. But it's sorta ridiculous that it seems like  Chris Jansing or someone else is always filling in for him.

Katy Tur was never offered the White House Correspondent job after the election. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/10/style/katy-tur-donald-trump-nbc.html

Nicole Wallace's Headlines profile of Robert Mueller is well worth the watch, does a fair job of explaining Mueller's history, his personality, his reputation.  It'll probably be judged by the Trumptards as a fluff piece, but don't mind them.  I almost cheered out loud when I saw his interview with Meredith Viera where he said "no leaks."  That explains a lot. 

One story I wish she had covered but she didn't was when Comey and Mueller teamed up as deputy attorney general and FBI director respectively to prevent a hospitalized Ashcroft from being forced by Andrew Card and Alberto Gonzales to sign paperwork re-authorizing a Bush spying program that Comey had refused to sign off on as deputy AG. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw Nicolle Wallace for the first time ever when she was subbing for Brian Williams one night last week. She impressed me tremendously; in fact, I think she might be the best of the anchors on this or any other channel. Straightforward, super-articulate questions free of fluff or padding; never one moment when I felt she was grandstanding, talking to hear herself talk, making it about her instead of the news, or trying to prove her cleverness; eliciting answers that got to the heart of the matter so as to make sense of events for the viewer; zero tolerance for BS; looking straight ahead at the viewer with the utmost poise; radiating an authority that seemed entirely warranted and commensurate with her gifts; projecting a keen intelligence and wit--without preening--that were nothing short of magnetic. I've seen her name come up here but never knew who she was. I want to see more of her.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 9

@Milburn Stone ... you've sure been missing out.  She hosts Deadline:  White House at 4:00 ET & always has good subjects & guests.  Donny Deutch, Rev. Al. Steve Schmidt & a number of well-informed, articulate guests always provide insight.  (... and pity the poor guest that tries to B.S. her ... she totally unloads on them!!!)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Nicole Wallace is ok, but sometimes she slurs her words like she's had a few glasses of wine before the broadcast.

With the news these days, would you blame her?

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Moose135 said:

With the news these days, would you blame her?

Well, actually, I would.  I'm sure she gets paid quite well to sound sober.  The other hosts manage to do it.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:23 AM, Milburn Stone said:

I saw Nicolle Wallace for the first time ever when she was subbing for Brian Williams one night last week. She impressed me tremendously; in fact, I think she might be the best of the anchors on this or any other channel. Straightforward, super-articulate questions free of fluff or padding; never one moment when I felt she was grandstanding, talking to hear herself talk, making it about her instead of the news, or trying to prove her cleverness; eliciting answers that got to the heart of the matter so as to make sense of events for the viewer; zero tolerance for BS; looking straight ahead at the viewer with the utmost poise; radiating an authority that seemed entirely warranted and commensurate with her gifts; projecting a keen intelligence and wit--without preening--that were nothing short of magnetic. I've seen her name come up here but never knew who she was. I want to see more of her.

She is very good, in fact I enjoy her the most next to Stephanie Ruhle, Ali Velshi, and Chris Jansing who I think should take Craig Melvin's hour. Craig Melvin is useless and his voice grates my nerves. I would love to see Nicole fill in for Meet The Press. I can't get into Chuck Todd and think he is very overrated. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

I would love to see Nicole fill in for Meet The Press. I can't get into Chuck Todd and think he is very overrated. 

Extremely overrated.  Chuck Todd can't ask a follow-up question to save his fricking life. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, navelgazer said:

Extremely overrated.  Chuck Todd can't ask a follow-up question to save his fricking life. 

Chuck Todd is not honest with viewers. He never discloses to viewers that his wife is a political consultant that does work for some of the candidates like Bernie Sanders that he interviews. This is a conflict of interest & should be disclosed before he interviews the person.

Chuck thinks he is an intellectual but he didn't graduate from college. He had to admit after the 2016 election that he was wrong to focus on the popular vote & that in fact the electoral college is the way Presidents are chosen.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Chuck Todd is not honest with viewers. He never discloses to viewers that his wife is a political consultant that does work for some of the candidates like Bernie Sanders that he interviews. This is a conflict of interest & should be disclosed before he interviews the person.

Chuck thinks he is an intellectual but he didn't graduate from college. He had to admit after the 2016 election that he was wrong to focus on the popular vote & that in fact the electoral college is the way Presidents are chosen.

100% correct, accurate and great points. He is not as smart as he thinks he is and he looks at politics as a game and not as a journalist. He is also political director at NBC which is scary. I have nothing against anyone who does not graduate from college. Experience is a great teacher. Like you said, Chuck has seriously conflicts of interest which makes him untrustworthy. He should not be moderating "neutral" political show like Meet The Press. 

The only enjoyment I got out of Trump winning was seeing the media elites and intellecutuals get it wrong. They were shell shocked out of their minds and it is true that there is elitism among media people who live in DC and NYC. Chuck was so far up the DNC that he did not see the fact that Clinton was not a good campaigner and that she was not going to win Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa which were big swing states. 

The only person from MSNBC who got it right was Kasie Hunt, when she said that Clinton campagin did not look like a campaign that was going to win the election. 

7 hours ago, clb1016 said:

MSNBC's rating are up 30% as compared to declining ratings for CNN and Fox, from Politico:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/msnbc-democrats-ratings-cnn-fox-513388

A lot of this Trump scandal related and MSNBC has better pundits. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

100% correct, accurate and great points. He is not as smart as he thinks he is and he looks at politics as a game and not as a journalist. He is also political director at NBC which is scary. I have nothing against anyone who does not graduate from college. Experience is a great teacher. Like you said, Chuck has seriously conflicts of interest which makes him untrustworthy. He should not be moderating "neutral" political show like Meet The Press. 

The only enjoyment I got out of Trump winning was seeing the media elites and intellecutuals get it wrong. They were shell shocked out of their minds and it is true that there is elitism among media people who live in DC and NYC. Chuck was so far up the DNC that he did not see the fact that Clinton was not a good campaigner and that she was not going to win Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa which were big swing states. 

The only person from MSNBC who got it right was Kasie Hunt, when she said that Clinton campagin did not look like a campaign that was going to win the election. 

A lot of this Trump scandal related and MSNBC has better pundits. 

I  liked Chuck when he joined MSNBC in 2008. He was a stats geek & was good at explaining why Hillary couldn't catch up to Obama in the delegate count despite winning several primaries at the end of the race. He wrote a book called How Obama won the election in 2008. I bought it.

Chuck used to work for Senator Tom Harkin in 1992. I assume he is a Democrat which is fine.

I find it hilarious that he seems to have no clue about how the election results will unfold. It took him several hours into election night in 2014 to realize that the GOP would win back control of the Senate. He was even more wrong about 2016.

I remember last year when Chuck's wife's political contracts with Sanders & Jim Webb were disclosed. He & his wife hosted a party for Jennifer Palmieri who was one of Hillary's top advisors. Chuck got very mad at the website that disclosed the information &  tweeted that his family was off limits.

• Love 1

My husband and I are really enjoying Nicolle Wallace's show at 4pm ET in the afternoon.  The other day, her guests brought something to the table from early USA history.  We enjoyed the segment. There was a lot of laughter. I'm not sure if she enjoyed it as she tried to put a stop to it. I bring it up because while she is mostly serious there is a lightness at times that makes the show enjoyable. 

I also like Velshi and Ruhle but timing makes it difficult for me to catch their shows.  I'm just not available in the mornings.

• Love 4

I think Nicolle does an outstanding job on her show. Yesterday she was on fire critiquing Trump's latest tweets. Thanks to MSNBC for giving her this show. Well deserved and must see viewing these days.

• Love 10

Does anyone know why Brian Williams has been MIA from his show for about two weeks now?  Not that I miss him, but he's been gone longer than is usual for hosts who have actual shows with their names on them (if only in tiny print as afterthoughts), even during holiday vacation time.  ---   I can get work through his past transgressions that got his canned from NBC Nightly News, but it's his pompous attitude and his dismal attempts at humor that work my nerves.  So if he's gone again, I don't care.  I'd just like to know, is all, so I can start the party.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

So if he's gone again, I don't care.  I'd just like to know, is all, so I can start the party.

Ali Velshi said last night at the end of the show that BriWi will be back tonight.  I've been wondering what he's been up to as well.  I think he might have been occupied with the Headliners' profile of James Comey airing this Sunday, but that's just an uninformed guess.  (Nicole Wallace did the Headliners on Mueller last week.)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, oakville said:

I  liked Chuck when he joined MSNBC in 2008. He was a stats geek & was good at explaining why Hillary couldn't catch up to Obama in the delegate count despite winning several primaries at the end of the race. He wrote a book called How Obama won the election in 2008. I bought it.

Chuck used to work for Senator Tom Harkin in 1992. I assume he is a Democrat which is fine.

I find it hilarious that he seems to have no clue about how the election results will unfold. It took him several hours into election night in 2014 to realize that the GOP would win back control of the Senate. He was even more wrong about 2016.

I remember last year when Chuck's wife's political contracts with Sanders & Jim Webb were disclosed. He & his wife hosted a party for Jennifer Palmieri who was one of Hillary's top advisors. Chuck got very mad at the website that disclosed the information &  tweeted that his family was off limits.

I don't think Chuck is  as smart as he thinks. He got a really fast rise to MTP spot and only cause David Gregory was such a flake and he was a jerk behind the scenes. 

4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Does anyone know why Brian Williams has been MIA from his show for about two weeks now?  Not that I miss him, but he's been gone longer than is usual for hosts who have actual shows with their names on them (if only in tiny print as afterthoughts), even during holiday vacation time.  ---   I can get work through his past transgressions that got his canned from NBC Nightly News, but it's his pompous attitude and his dismal attempts at humor that work my nerves.  So if he's gone again, I don't care.  I'd just like to know, is all, so I can start the party.

Can they buy Brian Williams out of his contract cause he is a bore and he talks to much. I heard that Williams is an airhead and does all the fancy talking to make up for his lack of knowledge and reporting experience. Lester Holt should've been promoted a long time ago. How Williams became a figure head for NBC is beyond me.

I remember when Lester was on old MSNBC and he was lighting up that network. I read that an executive who was a Lester supporter unexpectadly died and the big plans for Lester was halted and he went over the Weekend Today. 

13 hours ago, madfortv said:

My husband and I are really enjoying Nicolle Wallace's show at 4pm ET in the afternoon.  The other day, her guests brought something to the table from early USA history.  We enjoyed the segment. There was a lot of laughter. I'm not sure if she enjoyed it as she tried to put a stop to it. I bring it up because while she is mostly serious there is a lightness at times that makes the show enjoyable. 

I also like Velshi and Ruhle but timing makes it difficult for me to catch their shows.  I'm just not available in the mornings.

I like Velshi and Ruhle. Ali Velshi is very smart and Stephanie Ruhle is so crazy but she is cute with it though. I enjoy watching them. 

Edited by Carmen Sandiego
  • Love 4

A reminder that this is the Network Talk forum; so discussion should be about the BUSINESS  of MSNBC. So general discussion of anchors? That's fine. Discussion of what happens on specific episodes? Is not.

Posts may be removed if they're off topic. Thank you.

I think Ruhle understands economics and business more than the other anchors and reporters, not surprising given her background at Bloomberg. That makes her a very valuable asset to the network. Plus I like her because she doesn't suffer fools.

• Love 3

I felt compelled to open an account here just so that I could comment on a pet peeve of mine:  I don't think Katy Tur is a competent anchor or even news reader.  She consistently mangles people's names and even just words, and constantly has to apologize for her errors, (often by saying "Oh, it's been a long day" or some such feeble excuse).   What I dislike most about her appearances is that she refers to guests and panelists alike as "guys" as in "Thanks, guys."  So disrespectful to some of the important guests she addresses in this way.  She seems to be way too casual about her show.  I hate to watch MTP on Mondays when she takes over for Chuck Todd.  And any other time she's on, for that matter. Click.  Thanks for letting me vent.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I think Ruhle understands economics and business more than the other anchors and reporters, not surprising given her background at Bloomberg. That makes her a very valuable asset to the network. Plus I like her because she doesn't suffer fools.

She used to work as an investment banker for 14 years before working at Bloomberg. She has some value at MSNBC/NBC as well as Ali Velshi who has a financial background. This is the main reason why I think they are  very refreshing for the network cause most of MSNBC has political journalists, political pundits, reporters and hosts. MSNBC needs diversity of reporters from various specialty beats.  What I like abour Velshi and Rule is that they are not afraid to mix up their program and use economics and finance. I think MSNBC is lacking a beat reporter or specialist in foreign affairs and international politics, who should have their own program.  People would know from my previous posts that there are certain hosts, who I think take up space for the network. In this day and age of television news and broadcasting, you need hosts or reporters who have specialty.

• Love 1

I don't like to watch Stepanie Ruhle's show when she's talking about politics, but I do like her when she's with Velshi and they're talking about business and financial stuff.  She seems to be more comfortable and less excitable/agitated.  I love Velshi, alone or with her.

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't like to watch Stepanie Ruhle's show when she's talking about politics, but I do like her when she's with Velshi and they're talking about business and financial stuff.  She seems to be more comfortable and less excitable/agitated.  I love Velshi, alone or with her.

Political news is new to Stephanie, I think she is doing a good job, she is one of my favorites to watch on MSNBC. She is very opinionated but she is not offensive with it nor does she have an agenda. I am glad she is on MSNBC instead of originally being on Weekend Today show, which I think is a waste of time for the knowledge she has. I like their Saturday format and they should bring it to the weekdays. I like Ali Velshi, he works very hard and you can tell he cares about what he is presenting,  and he makes sure he gives us real information instead of gibber gab. He did great work at CNN so I am glad he landed on his feet at MSNBC/NBC. I hope he and Stephanie stick around in the long term, they are real reporters not cartoon characters of cable hosts that we see nowadays. 

6 hours ago, moosegal said:

I felt compelled to open an account here just so that I could comment on a pet peeve of mine:  I don't think Katy Tur is a competent anchor or even news reader.  She consistently mangles people's names and even just words, and constantly has to apologize for her errors, (often by saying "Oh, it's been a long day" or some such feeble excuse).   What I dislike most about her appearances is that she refers to guests and panelists alike as "guys" as in "Thanks, guys."  So disrespectful to some of the important guests she addresses in this way.  She seems to be way too casual about her show.  I hate to watch MTP on Mondays when she takes over for Chuck Todd.  And any other time she's on, for that matter. Click.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Katy Tur gets points from me cause she got thick skin when Trump verablly attacked and used her during the campaign. I also think Katy Tur is enjoying the high point of her career. I don't know if she is reporter that has potential long term standing at MSNBC. I do like the fact that she talks slowly and has poise which is saying a lot for MSNBC reporters. When I watch Katy Tur, I feel that she is sincere and nothing about her that is duplictious. 

I understand where you are coming from, the one reporter who I am trying to root for but I think got a really fast rise is Hallie Jackson. They gave her too much with Chief White House Correspondent role and I think she is emotionally immature. She is hyper and lacks a reporters gravitas, talks to fast, one dimensioned, cuts off guests and has no verbal polishing skills. I don't think anyone likes her cause a tv consultant or producer should tell her to slow down and take some elocution classes. 

• Love 2

I didn’t know that Ruhle had been an I-banker, which makes me admire her more because she is critical of big banks/hedge funds/Big Tech. Contrast her to Erin Barnett, who always carried water for that ilk (and probably still does.) Ruhle seems to have a heart, which must have been a disadvantage in her prior employment.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I didn’t know that Ruhle had been an I-banker, which makes me admire her more because she is critical of big banks/hedge funds/Big Tech. Contrast her to Erin Barnett, who always carried water for that ilk (and probably still does.) Ruhle seems to have a heart, which must have been a disadvantage in her prior employment.

Stephanie says a lot on her show that she quit investment banking cause of the financial crisis. She got burned out and was shell shocked with the financial meltdown and became disenchanted. It is because of that is a reason why she is pro-regulation in certain instances of controlling businesses on Wall Street. She always wanted to be a business reporter and gave it a try. She got a really fast rise and I think her investment banking career helped her moving up the ladder faster. 

I remember Erin Burnett, she was a rising star on CNBC and was touted the next big thing for business news. She has similar background to Stephanie in which she started out as a financial analyst however,she did not stay that long. She was not in Wall Street during the financial crisis, she was already a business reporter. 

Stephanie does seem to have more heart,  she was around during the worse part of the financial industry. From what I understand, it was ugly to be in banking for a while during the global recession. She saw the good and bad side of being in financial/banking industry. Whereas with Erin, she only saw the benefits that it did for her but never went through the ugliness of the financial industry.  Erin  is married to the head executive of Citigroup, so she does have conflict of interests. Her husband has donated money to politicians. Stephanie is married to an hedge fund manager but he works for a Swiss bank and keeps a low profile. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

Katy Tur gets points from me cause she got thick skin when Trump verablly attacked and used her during the campaign.

Well, she did get a book deal out of it for her troubles. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, Carmen Sandiego said:

Hallie Jackson. They gave her too much with Chief White House Correspondent role and I think she is emotionally immature. She is hyper and lacks a reporters gravitas, talks to fast, one dimensioned, cuts off guests and has no verbal polishing skills. I don't think anyone likes her cause a tv consultant or producer should tell her to slow down and take some elocution classes. 

Good to know that I'm not the only one who holds that opinion.  Hallie drives me nuts with her rat-a-tat-tat way of speaking and the constant interruption of guests.  You really nailed it:  Hyper, lacking gravitas, unpolished verbal skills.  I truly don't understand how she got her own show.  Katy Tur doesn't bother as much, although as was mentioned above, she is a word-mangler.  And that's getting tiresome.  The one who is deservedly rising through the ranks, IMO, is Kaisie Hunt.  She's intelligent, speaks well, and if she does interrupt guest at times, then it isn't a constant thing because I hasn't grated a nerve on me yet.  I can't put my finger on it, but she just seems more serious - or at least more inclined to be taken seriously - than the other two.

• Love 6
On 4/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Carmen Sandiego said:

She used to work as an investment banker for 14 years before working at Bloomberg. She has some value at MSNBC/NBC as well as Ali Velshi who has a financial background. This is the main reason why I think they are  very refreshing for the network cause most of MSNBC has political journalists, political pundits, reporters and hosts. MSNBC needs diversity of reporters from various specialty beats.  What I like abour Velshi and Rule is that they are not afraid to mix up their program and use economics and finance. I think MSNBC is lacking a beat reporter or specialist in foreign affairs and international politics, who should have their own program.  People would know from my previous posts that there are certain hosts, who I think take up space for the network. In this day and age of television news and broadcasting, you need hosts or reporters who have specialty.

I love Stephanie Ruhle. She is so feisty. Velshi is very competent. He used to work on Canadian Business TV. They would make a possible replacement for Mika & Joe who rarely show up for work anymore on Morning Joe.

4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Good to know that I'm not the only one who holds that opinion.  Hallie drives me nuts with her rat-a-tat-tat way of speaking and the constant interruption of guests.  You really nailed it:  Hyper, lacking gravitas, unpolished verbal skills.  I truly don't understand how she got her own show.  Katy Tur doesn't bother as much, although as was mentioned above, she is a word-mangler.  And that's getting tiresome.  The one who is deservedly rising through the ranks, IMO, is Kaisie Hunt.  She's intelligent, speaks well, and if she does interrupt guest at times, then it isn't a constant thing because I hasn't grated a nerve on me yet.  I can't put my finger on it, but she just seems more serious - or at least more inclined to be taken seriously - than the other two.

I am a huge fan of Kasie! She is very smart & does her homework. I hope she gets promoted.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, oakville said:

I am a huge fan of Kasie! She is very smart & does her homework. I hope she gets promoted.

I agree that Kasie is the most promising of the younger women reporters.  She's intelligent, well-informed, appropriately serious. and doesn't seem to have any of the annoying factors that can turn her audience off.  As for Stephanie Ruhle, I find her to be much too dramatic too much of the time.  It's too bad, because she does have valuable insights to share, but her delivery is just too annoying and hysterical-sounding to watch. *Click*

• Love 4

I also agree about Kasie. She deserves a daily show just for putting up with the lightning bolt intros. I can only imagine a show hosted by Rhule and Jackson. Is there a closed captioner out there who could keep up ?

On 4/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, Ladyrain said:

Thank you so much. I thought I was the only one as well. I never got her promotion, they should've gave it to Kirsten Welker or Kelly O'Donnell. Hallie Jackson is overrated for NBC to give her a promotion and a show. Hallie does not have it,  she is a chihuahua, I can't take her seriously when she talks to intellectual pundits or seasoned reporters. Cutting them off and her always saying "right" or doing "hmmm" when they are talking is very condesncending and I don't even think she knows it.  She is not the brightest bulb.  Kasie Hunt's show is miles ahead of Hallie's and I think she should be moved up to weekdays. Katy Tur does not bother me that much, she does not come across as being full of herself and has good temperment which is so important in being a good host/anchor. 

7 hours ago, moosegal said:

I agree that Kasie is the most promising of the younger women reporters.  She's intelligent, well-informed, appropriately serious. and doesn't seem to have any of the annoying factors that can turn her audience off.  As for Stephanie Ruhle, I find her to be much too dramatic too much of the time.  It's too bad, because she does have valuable insights to share, but her delivery is just too annoying and hysterical-sounding to watch. *Click*

I am glad Kasie is getting a chance, cause I thought NBC was on the Hallie Jackson train but she has fallen off the last eight months. Hallie is not about the story, she has gotten self centered on her new promotion and cares about having her moment or doing gotcha questions. Hallie is better reporter then a host.  Kasie seems to be more intellectualy focused on the story, she does her homework . 

23 hours ago, oakville said:

I love Stephanie Ruhle. She is so feisty. Velshi is very competent. He used to work on Canadian Business TV. They would make a possible replacement for Mika & Joe who rarely show up for work anymore on Morning Joe.

Stephanie is very feisty but she is not nasty with it, there are some hosts that are feisty and they are just plain out rude and self centered. Stephanie seems down to earth when it comes to her approach, she does not tolerate BS talking points. Another thing about Steph is that she does not seem to be a pupett protector of Wall Street. She is not afraid to talk about their problems and get to the nitty gritty of the story which is what I appreciate. 

As far as Stephanie and Ali being replacements for Joe and Mika, yes I can see that cause they are more relatable then Joe and Mika who are fool of themselves and have egos. In fact I welcome for Ali and Steph to get more play on their show. 

• Love 6

Katie Tur just said, after another day of mangled word-salad on MTP, "I don't know why I can't talk today.  It must be because I didn't get my tater tots this weekend." I swear, that's really what she said in another feeble attempt to excuse her lack of ability to be a news presenter on TV. So tiresome!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, moosegal said:

Katie Tur just said, after another day of mangled word-salad on MTP, "I don't know why I can't talk today.  It must be because I didn't get my tater tots this weekend." I swear, that's really what she said in another feeble attempt to excuse her lack of ability to be a news presenter on TV. So tiresome!

I heard that "I don't know why I can't talk today" comment, and I yelled back at the car radio, "You can't talk any day!!!"

Believe it or not I kinda like Katy, but I don't know what it is with her and mangled words.  Speaking is a requisite for her profession; she really should work on that.

14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I don't know what it is with her and mangled words.

I like her, but probably her brain runs ahead of her mouth. That's not an uncommon problem.  She needs to slow down and not worry about filling every second with words.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, moosegal said:

That was my exact response, also yelled at my TV. Then: *Click* and over to CNN for the duration of the hour.  

I do the exact same thing - especially during Hardball.   Chris Matthews infuriates me SO much with his complete and total verbal disrespect of each and every one of his guests that I throw in a few colorful nouns adjectives for good measure.  "For fux sake, shut your f*cking mouth, you effing a$$hole!!!!!"  Then I click to CNN.  It is literally exhausting listening to some of these MSNBC anchors, painful as it is to say, as I am usually that channel's most ardent cheerleader.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I like her, but probably her brain runs ahead of her mouth. That's not an uncommon problem.  She needs to slow down and not worry about filling every second with words.

That's one reason I've come to like Nicolle Wallace. She actually seems to have a part of her brain working as a self-regulator, asking herself, "Did I just say the same exact thing in slightly different words? Then I don't need to say it again!"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I do the exact same thing - especially during Hardball.   Chris Matthews infuriates me SO much with his complete and total verbal disrespect of each and every one of his guests that I throw in a few colorful nouns adjectives for good measure.  "For fux sake, shut your f*cking mouth, you effing a$$hole!!!!!"  Then I click to CNN.  It is literally exhausting listening to some of these MSNBC anchors, painful as it is to say, as I am usually that channel's most ardent cheerleader.

Ladyrain, you and I seem to be of one mind.  I used to look forward to Chris Matthews' programs, but I can no longer bear his interruptions and long questions asked with the sole purpose of answering them himself.  He, too, has started mangling names and words a lot.  And he, too, makes me yell at the TV.  Now, as soon as he comes on I switch over to Erin on CNN.  Her program is always informative and well presented -- serious, with no hysteria or drama.  And I also watch MSNBC more than any other channel of any kind, so it's disappointing when they throw some of these news people into the lineup.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, moosegal said:

That was my exact response, also yelled at my TV. Then: *Click* and over to CNN for the duration of the hour.  

Wasn’t Katie promoted on MSNBC because she did a good job at annoying Trump st his campaign rallies? 

• Love 3