Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So I wonder if Joy Reid will be suspended because she lied about the supposed hacking of her account?

Since Brian Williams was suspended (for a good long while!) for fabrications, I think fairness dictates that Joy Reid should be.

The problem of lying is especially acute for journalists since without credibility they have nothing to offer. Double down on that when the journalists happen to be in the daily business of calling out lies told by others. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I listened to her "apology," and I've always been a fan of Joy, but it rang so, so hollow.  How do you "not believe" you wrote something?  You either wrote it or you didn't.

Exactly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Milburn Stone said:

Since Brian Williams was suspended (for a good long while!) for fabrications, I think fairness dictates that Joy Reid should be.

The problem of lying is especially acute for journalists since without credibility they have nothing to offer. Double down on that when the journalists happen to be in the daily business of calling out lies told by others. 

I was watching CNN this morning. Smerconish had a cyber security expert on the show to say that it was unlikely that her blog was hacked in 2006.

I think it would have made more sense for her to admit that she wrote the posts in 2006 & apologize. 

Has she ever had Rachel Maddow on her show?

• Love 2

Can someone explain what Joy is thinking about these conspiracy theories instead of just admitting she wrote the hateful blogs, apologize and say her views have changed? This reminds me so much of Hillary's lying about her email server when it first came out. She made it so much worse by lying and refusing to take responsibility. Joy's doing the same. At some point, she is going to do so much damage to her reputation, that she is going to get suspended or fired. 

Also, very disappointed to see Andrea Mitchell, Kristen Walker and Rachel Maddow among others writing that letter of support for Tom Brokaw. Just because Tom didn't assault you, doesn't mean he is innocent. Maddow should know better. 

• Love 8

I agree with your entire post @pivot. I'm disappointed with quite a few women over at MSNBC right now. 

Are the blog posts by Joy being talked about now the same ones that have been mentioned for quite awhile now or additional ones? 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, pivot said:

Can someone explain what Joy is thinking about these conspiracy theories instead of just admitting she wrote the hateful blogs, apologize and say her views have changed? This reminds me so much of Hillary's lying about her email server when it first came out. She made it so much worse by lying and refusing to take responsibility. Joy's doing the same. At some point, she is going to do so much damage to her reputation, that she is going to get suspended or fired. 

Also, very disappointed to see Andrea Mitchell, Kristen Walker and Rachel Maddow among others writing that letter of support for Tom Brokaw. Just because Tom didn't assault you, doesn't mean he is innocent. Maddow should know better. 

I think it’s a face saving measure for the current employees st NBC. It’s doubtful that Brokaw would have behaved inappropriately with current high profile staff. There may be other low level staff at NBC that were subjected to Brokaw’s alleged lewd behavior.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, pivot said:

Can someone explain what Joy is thinking about these conspiracy theories instead of just admitting she wrote the hateful blogs, apologize and say her views have changed?

Yes, I care less about a person's past comments than their current ones (but who hasn't thought about Ann Coulter-doing an Austin Powers voice-"It's a man, baby!'; or that Lindsey Graham is a little too Southern Belle-ish?), just say that your views on this have evolved and apologize. Who's views on a variety of subjects haven't evolved.  Being able to learn from past mistakes and correct them is a good thing. And in the future accept that other people's view change, too.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
spelling
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

just say that your views on this have evolved and apologize

This is clearly what she ought to do. What do you suppose are the chances? Non-apology "apologies" such as the one she's offered seldom make things go away; ultimately the person realizes the only hope for career resuscitation is honesty. But I don't know if Joy is going to come to that, or that her gig will be over if she doesn't. She just might skate on this one. My guess is she has about a 40% chance of persevering by doing nothing further. Whether she's comfortable with those odds is something for her to decide.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 5
On 4/28/2018 at 10:01 PM, pivot said:

Very well said Pivot.!

• Love 2
On 4/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, Ohwell said:

So I wonder if Joy Reid will be suspended because she lied about the supposed hacking of her account?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/msnbc-host-joy-reid-apologizes-for-homophobic-remarks-admits-no-evidence-of-hacking/ar-AAwta6o?OCID=msnHomepage

Wow, I didn't know a thing about this!  I liked Joy in the beginning, but as her star rose at MSNBC she changed, and I can't even articulate how. She just seemed different.  In the last few months I've rarely watched her show, nor do I watch when she's subbing for somebody.  However, I'm rather shocked at learning what was posted by her some years back.  i never would have attributed those thoughts and opinions to her.  Just goes to show two things:  You learn something everyday.  And - what you post online never ever goes away. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ari Melber looks especially handsome tonight with slightly more facial hair then usual. ?

I noticed, also!  We'll see next week if it is turning into something.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Ladyrain said:

Wow, I didn't know a thing about this!  I liked Joy in the beginning, but as her star rose at MSNBC she changed, and I can't even articulate how. She just seemed different.  In the last few months I've rarely watched her show, nor do I watch when she's subbing for somebody.  However, I'm rather shocked at learning what was posted by her some years back.  i never would have attributed those thoughts and opinions to her.  Just goes to show two things:  You learn something everyday.  And - what you post online never ever goes away. 

She has apologized  profusely. Those comments were unfortunate and it was said, years ago.  She had a show where she apologized and had people who were LGBT who came to speak about this.  Plus, there is a lot of homophobia, in the Black community.  There was a Black man on the panel who said that his mother held homophobic views, until, President Obama became a proponent of Gay marriage.  A lot of the homophobia, has to do with the influence of the church, that is the bedrock of the Black community and ignorance.  Homophobia is also a consequence of European colonialism via Christianity.  LGBT people in African cultures were not pariahs, before colonialism. In fact, they were considered to be special and blessed.  Native American cultures held those views, as well. It does not surprise me at all, that Joy once held those views. I will continue to support Joy.  People are allowed to change and evolve.  I am Black and I have said ignorant comments about people of other races, ethnicities and religions. I no longer hold those ignorant views..  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ari Melber looks especially handsome tonight with slightly more facial hair then usual. ?

AriMSNBC.thumb.PNG.2571cd0924654df60bcfb2d7ae3aacfe.PNG

I agree. He had a weird shadowy-thingy going on with his upper lip; this facial hair camouflages that.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, Apprentice79 said:

She has apologized  profusely. Those comments were unfortunate and it was said, years ago.  She had a show where she apologized and had people who were LGBT who came to speak about this.  Plus, there is a lot of homophobia, in the Black community.  There was a Black man on the panel who said that his mother held homophobic views, until, President Obama became a proponent of Gay marriage.  A lot of the homophobia, has to do with the influence of the church, that is the bedrock of the Black community and ignorance.  Homophobia is also a consequence of European colonialism via Christianity.  LGBT people in African cultures were not pariahs, before colonialism. In fact, they were considered to be special and blessed.  Native American cultures held those views, as well. It does not surprise me at all, that Joy once held those views. I will continue to support Joy.  People are allowed to change and evolve.  I am Black and I have said ignorant comments about people of other races, ethnicities and religions. I no longer hold those ignorant views..  

While I can certainly understand how and why people can change and evolve, the thing that disappointed me about Joy was the inclination to lie and say that she was hacked. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

While I can certainly understand how and why people can change and evolve, the thing that disappointed me about Joy was the inclination to lie and say that she was hacked. 

Perhaps, she had simply forgotten that she had made those ignorant statements or she panicked and chose to lie. Like they say, it is not the crime, but, the cover-up that always gets you in the end.. She should have come clean. I do find it curious that this is all coming out now... Somebody made the effort to dig up these statements from the past. What was their goal? I have an idea, but, I will stay on topic, 

The left has a tendency to cannibalize  one of their own, when there is a hint of controversy. Whereas, the right, always protects one of their own, come hell or high water. I don't want Joy to lose her standing or her show.. I love her, full stop.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The left has a tendency to cannibalize  one of their own, when there is a hint of controversy. Whereas, the right, always protects one of their own, come hell or high water. I don't want Joy to lose her standing or her show.. I love her, full stop.

Yeah, I agree about the left cannibalizing their own.  However, I do think that, while losing her show would have been overkill and unwarranted, the lying about the hacking should have earned her a short suspension.   That's just how I feel about it.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I agree about the left cannibalizing their own.  However, I do think that, while losing her show would have been overkill and unwarranted, the lying about the hacking should have earned her a short suspension.   That's just how I feel about it.

I understand your feelings. I think that the shame and controversy that she endured  and that award that was rescinded by the LGBT group is punishment, enough.  On the internet, we all have to be mindful what we put out. Everything on here stays, forever..

Edited by Apprentice79
i changed the word that, for what.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand your feelings. I think that the shame and controversy that she endured  and that award that was rescinded by the LGBT group is punishment, enough.  On the internet, we all have to be mindful that we put out. Everything on here stays, forever..

I forgot about the award being rescinded.  As far as someone being out to get her, I wouldn't be surprised at all.  I don't know anyone in the news business, but I imagine since it's so competitive, other people have been targeted and bushwhacked as well, and not just her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

PBI. Did you know there's an AM Joy board?

It seems like we used to post on there but not do much lately. I moved to a different time zone so I don't catch her show too often anymore but I still like seeing her sub for Chris Hayes, Lawrence or Rachel.

Edited by stormy
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, pivot said:

Just happened upon this article,  https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/nbc-employees-felt-forced-to-support-tom-brokaw-report.html which may somewhat explain their "support", but still doesn't excuse that they agreed to be complicit.  The anchors didn't write the letter, but they did sign.  Apparently it was written by Goldman Sachs executive Liz Bowyer, who produced the Tom Brokaw Reports docuseries and worked on two of the anchor’s books.

Of particular note from the article:

“We felt forced to sign the letter supporting Brokaw,” one NBC News staffer said. “We had no choice, particularly the lower level staffers. The letter was being handed around the office and the unspoken threat was that if your name was not on it, there would be some repercussion down the road.”

She continued: “Execs are watching to see who signed and who didn’t. This was all about coming out in force to protect NBC’s golden boy; the network’s reputation is tied to Brokaw … If more women come forward, that’s a big problem

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

Just happened upon this article,  https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/nbc-employees-felt-forced-to-support-tom-brokaw-report.html which may somewhat explain their "support", but still doesn't excuse that they agreed to be complicit.  The anchors didn't write the letter, but they did sign.  Apparently it was written by Goldman Sachs executive Liz Bowyer, who produced the Tom Brokaw Reports docuseries and worked on two of the anchor’s books.

Man, under THOSE circumstances, I don't know too many people (men or women) who wouldn't fold to insure/ensure future employment!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
insure vs ensure
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

It's fascinating to watch to what extent NBC will go to protect Tom Brokaw , Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin, Harold Ford Jr & Brian Williams. I am still shocked how NBC had no clue about Trump's Access Hollywood tapes of him making outrageous comments, yet Billy Bush worked for Access Hollywood ( owned by NBC) & was an employee of the NBC News Today show in 2016.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's fascinating to watch to what extent NBC will go to protect Tom Brokaw , Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin, Harold Ford Jr & Brian Williams. I am still shocked how NBC had no clue about Trump's Access Hollywood tapes of him making outrageous comments, yet Billy Bush worked for Access Hollywood ( owned by NBC) & was an employee of the NBC News Today show in 2016.

I'm pretty sure Billy Bush wasn't running around broadcasting that interaction!!!

• Love 1

I have to wonder if any reporters/anchors on MSNBC are behind-the-scenes complaining about the amount of time either Joe/Meeka or both are not present on their own show.  Meeka seems to work a few days...by herself at the desk...and then it is "Meeka has the morning off" or some such.  Then Joe appears (usually not every day) but he is not actually in the studio, face-to-face, with any of the day's guest.  Wonder what would happen if any of the other "stars" took this approach...Ali Velshi (because in my mind he is a star)...Chris Matthews (yeah, I know, but he is considered a star)..Katy Tur..Andrea Mitchell..Nicole Wallace.  I am not even mentioning their prime-time lineup. But they all seem to actually have to come into the studio to earn their paycheck.

"Rachel will be hosting tonight from her front porch"..."Lawrence will be hosting from his vacation home on Martha's Vineyard"..."Chris Hayes will be hosting from his child's nursery" ...etc.  Mind you, I have no idea if Rachel has a front porch, if Lawrence has a vacation home anywhere; but I do imagine Chris Hayes has a nursery in his house.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

I have to wonder if any reporters/anchors on MSNBC are behind-the-scenes complaining about the amount of time either Joe/Meeka or both are not present on their own show.  Meeka seems to work a few days...by herself at the desk...and then it is "Meeka has the morning off" or some such.  Then Joe appears (usually not every day) but he is not actually in the studio, face-to-face, with any of the day's guest.  Wonder what would happen if any of the other "stars" took this approach...Ali Velshi (because in my mind he is a star)...Chris Matthews (yeah, I know, but he is considered a star)..Katy Tur..Andrea Mitchell..Nicole Wallace.  I am not even mentioning their prime-time lineup. But they all seem to actually have to come into the studio to earn their paycheck.

"Rachel will be hosting tonight from her front porch"..."Lawrence will be hosting from his vacation home on Martha's Vineyard"..."Chris Hayes will be hosting from his child's nursery" ...etc.  Mind you, I have no idea if Rachel has a front porch, if Lawrence has a vacation home anywhere; but I do imagine Chris Hayes has a nursery in his house.  

I wouldn't mind if Mika & Joe co hosted a show from Martha's Vineyard this summer.

Here's a tip for MSNBC. Nicolle Wallace is a gem. She's smart, insightful, funny and knows how to take jabs made at her in stride. 

She would be the perfect 7 pm host to replace your beloved Chris Matthews.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, stormy said:

Here's a tip for MSNBC. Nicolle Wallace is a gem. She's smart, insightful, funny and knows how to take jabs made at her in stride. 

Don't want to decide whose gig gets taken away, but totally agree Nicolle belongs in prime time.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, stormy said:

I used to watch Chris Matthews before he became a caricature of a cable tv pundit. Does he take himself seriously ?

• Love 4

Yes, Nicole Wallace would be a wonderful replacement for Matthews; give him the 4:00 slot; I usually switch to Erin Burnett at 7:00.  I have to wonder how many others do this, also.  Chuck Todd is an automatic remote-picker-upper, too.  

• Love 5
On 5/12/2018 at 6:26 PM, Kemper said:

I usually switch to Erin Burnett at 7:00.  I have to wonder how many others do this, also.  Chuck Todd is an automatic remote-picker-upper, too.  

I do the exact same thing!  And I've also wondered how many others are doing it, too.  I used to love Chris way back when, but he's gotten even more pushy and disrespectful with this guests.  He  spits and sputters, gives a long winded intro/question, then as soon as the panelist begins to answer, Chris jumps right in with parts XYZ of his 20 minute question, completely shutting down his guest.   Then when he finally finishes this second inquiry, the panelist has time for one or two sentences - spoken in a rush because who knows when Matthews is gonna shut them down again - and then they run out of time and go to break. 

I literally scream and swear at the tv screen and flip it to CNN.  That can't possibly be the desired result by TPTB.  Does anyone know anything about Chris's contract?  Hopefully it's up soon?  A girl can hope........

• Love 10

I think there are some anchors on the networks that are considered "untouchable"...and unfortunately, I think Chris Matthews is one of them; probably Wolf Blitzer at CNN, too.  It is just that MSNBC has so much talent that I am afraid they may loose some of them due to long-termers overstaying their welcome.  And I say this as an old lady.  The older ones have more than paid their dues (Andrea Mitchell, for one) and I guess they have earned the right to leave the stage on their own terms. It is just that Matthews is sooo annoying with his interrupting and talking over.  And let's not forget his constantly finding ways to hype his Kennedy book.  And again, I say this as an old lady who loved (and still loves) the Kennedys.  Chris wouldn't be the first to make money off of them.

• Love 2

MSNBC made two huge errors in judgement IMO. Firing Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz.

Like them or not ( and sadly I don't like Ed anymore) they both had shows I watched Monday thru Friday which I don't do with MSNBC anymore,

Chris is insufferable, Andrea Mitchell might know her stuff but I can't stand her low energy presence, Rachel is ok in low doses because her droning on puts me to sleep.

I still love Chris Hayes, Lawrence and Nicolle but I'm not I'm longer a dedicated MSNBC watcher. 

• Love 7

I can only handle Rachel in small doses as well. 

What's most annoying, I'm a day sleeper, so I miss everything the first time through.  I would love to be able to watch Chris Hayes, Ari Melber, and Lawrence O On-Demand, but can't because they're not included,  We only get Hardball, MTP Daily, Rachel, and 11th Hour. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, navelgazer said:

I can only handle Rachel in small doses as well. 

What's most annoying, I'm a day sleeper, so I miss everything the first time through.  I would love to be able to watch Chris Hayes, Ari Melber, and Lawrence O On-Demand, but can't because they're not included,  We only get Hardball, MTP Daily, Rachel, and 11th Hour. 

I just skip the first twenty minutes (her daily monologue) of her show. By then she is usually introducing her first guest. 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2018 at 8:57 AM, stormy said:

MSNBC made two huge errors in judgement IMO. Firing Keith Olbermann and Ed Schultz.

Like them or not ( and sadly I don't like Ed anymore) they both had shows I watched Monday thru Friday which I don't do with MSNBC anymore,

Chris is insufferable, Andrea Mitchell might know her stuff but I can't stand her low energy presence, Rachel is ok in low doses because her droning on puts me to sleep.

I still love Chris Hayes, Lawrence and Nicolle but I'm not I'm longer a dedicated MSNBC watcher. 

Andrea Mitchell spuddering and shuddering it hard to watch.

• Love 3

I am wondering if, maybe (hopefully)..some of the long-time reporters/anchors are wearing out their welcome.  MSNBC could possibly reboot or clean house after the mid-terms; I don't think they will make any big changes until then.  They have too many really good on-air people (both with their own shows and others that contribute stories) that are relegated to daytime (not that there is anything wrong with that) who should move further up the afternoon/evening food chain.  Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Chris, Joe and Meeka and a few others really need to go.  Yes, a few have paid their dues but so are others right now.  No one is guaranteed a job for years anymore.  The heavy hitters are on from 8-11; keep them.  5-7 should really be looked at; a lot of people are getting home, cooking dinner, helping with homework, having a cocktail, etc.  It would be the perfect time for more dynamic anchors.  And no, being loud and interrupting are not dynamic (Matthews).

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Chris, Joe and Meeka and a few others really need to go. 

I've always hated Mika and Joe, but the good thing about their show is I can do what I need to to get ready for work when Joe and Mika are talking, if they are even there, and listen to their guests.  They tend to have good guests.  If someone good was hosting I'd probably be late to work everyday.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2018 at 4:30 PM, Kemper said:

I am wondering if, maybe (hopefully)..some of the long-time reporters/anchors are wearing out their welcome.  MSNBC could possibly reboot or clean house after the mid-terms; I don't think they will make any big changes until then.  They have too many really good on-air people (both with their own shows and others that contribute stories) that are relegated to daytime (not that there is anything wrong with that) who should move further up the afternoon/evening food chain.  Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Chris, Joe and Meeka and a few others really need to go.  Yes, a few have paid their dues but so are others right now.  No one is guaranteed a job for years anymore.  The heavy hitters are on from 8-11; keep them.  5-7 should really be looked at; a lot of people are getting home, cooking dinner, helping with homework, having a cocktail, etc.  It would be the perfect time for more dynamic anchors.  And no, being loud and interrupting are not dynamic (Matthews).

I think a couple of them need to go. MSNBC and the news business does not invest in talent as much  as they use to cause people don't watch tv news as much.  We are seeing infiltration of political strategists getting their own shows now on cable like Nicole Wallace, David Axelrod, Van Jones etc. Even though they are experiencing a little reniassance period, there will be more technological disruption that will impact the traditonal tv news business. Therefore, they will possibly cutdown news anchor/host salaries. I think to save costs, they will get rid of some long time host and have other hosts do more sharing and less emphasis on one host being involved in just one program. We are seeing now with Morning Joe where they rotate hosts from time to time. We see it on the Today show where the hosts rotate each other, that will be a common trend. There was a report saying that network morning shows are on the decline in terms of ratings and developing new audience and brand growth. People can get the news before the anchors present it and also people don't care for the personality aspect of tv news anymore. 

The politics of today is also a reflection of the political news business. If a blue wave or Democrats gain more control of House, then expect MSNBC to assess and round out hosts/reporters who can stay and who will likely go. In my opinion I think Nicole Wallace will be a keeper but once the era of Trump ends possibly around 2020, how will she fit into the new political dynamic. Will she revert back to being a pro classic Republican or will she convert to being a moderate similar to Steve Schmidt.

I think Joe and Mika are done, they are anti Trump to save face but their conflicts of the interest with the President, will be exposed and I think they will be gone. They need to think of possible replacements for Joe and Mika in a few years. I think Nicole Wallace, Ali Velshi, Kasie Hunt or Ari Melber can be possible replacements. 

I think Willie Geist is an empty suit and useless as well as Craig Melvin, they take up space and have no specialty or beat. 

I think MSNBC needs more diversity, that is the biggest weakness, they need to promote Joy Reid to weekdays and bring in more black and Hispanic journalists. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

I think a couple of them need to go. MSNBC and the news business does not invest in talent as much  as they use to cause people don't watch tv news as much.  We are seeing infiltration of political strategists getting their own shows now on cable like Nicole Wallace, David Axelrod, Van Jones etc. Even though they are experiencing a little reniassance period, there will be more technological disruption that will impact the traditonal tv news business. Therefore, they will possibly cutdown news anchor/host salaries. I think to save costs, they will get rid of some long time host and have other hosts do more sharing and less emphasis on one host being involved in just one program. We are seeing now with Morning Joe where they rotate hosts from time to time. We see it on the Today show where the hosts rotate each other, that will be a common trend. There was a report saying that network morning shows are on the decline in terms of ratings and developing new audience and brand growth. People can get the news before the anchors present it and also people don't care for the personality aspect of tv news anymore. 

The politics of today is also a reflection of the political news business. If a blue wave or Democrats gain more control of House, then expect MSNBC to assess and round out hosts/reporters who can stay and who will likely go. In my opinion I think Nicole Wallace will be a keeper but once the era of Trump ends possibly around 2020, how will she fit into the new political dynamic. Will she revert back to being a pro classic Republican or will she convert to being a moderate similar to Steve Schmidt.

I think Joe and Mika are done, they are anti Trump to save face but their conflicts of the interest with the President, will be exposed and I think they will be gone. They need to think of possible replacements for Joe and Mika in a few years. I think Nicole Wallace, Ali Velshi, Kasie Hunt or Ari Melber can be possible replacements. 

I think Willie Geist is an empty suit and useless as well as Craig Melvin, they take up space and have no specialty or beat. 

I think MSNBC needs more diversity, that is the biggest weakness, they need to promote Joy Reid to weekdays and bring in more black and Hispanic journalists. 

Very interesting post!.

I agree that Mika & Joe will be out by 2020 at the latest. Joe is rarely on set anymore & Mika is "off" the show at least1 or 2 days a week.

Joe broadcasts from his basement bunker in his home in Connecticut.

Mika has been busy doing Facebook Live posts where she talks to her pets at home.

I would like to see Kasie Hunt get a morning show.

The fall of Matt Lauer & Charlie Rose  & Bill Oreilly is a warning to the cable networks about overpaying "stars".

• Love 2
On 5/28/2018 at 11:16 AM, oakville said:

Very interesting post!.

I agree that Mika & Joe will be out by 2020 at the latest. Joe is rarely on set anymore & Mika is "off" the show at least1 or 2 days a week.

Joe broadcasts from his basement bunker in his home in Connecticut.

Mika has been busy doing Facebook Live posts where she talks to her pets at home.

I would like to see Kasie Hunt get a morning show.

The fall of Matt Lauer & Charlie Rose  & Bill Oreilly is a warning to the cable networks about overpaying "stars".

Yup in reality we don't need cult personalities in news anymore. The only demographic that keeps them going is the 55 and over demographic who still look at traditional television. Also there is no need for stars cause ratings are fracturing in traditional television. Journalists today are too overbloated on their egos and they need to go back to just doing their jobs instead of trying to be a celebrity. One of the reasons why I never liked network morning television was how starstruck the journalists get when talking to some Hollywood star. I can't take someone like that seriously and at the same time they are talking to a head of state. That is the systematic dumbing down of news. 

I wonder though about  the evening news genre cause they are losing viewers as well even though it has not been as dramatic as morning television. I think eventually the genre would have to be reformated and also probably digitalized. 

Going back to MSNBC I think Mika and Joe should eventually go after 2020, people are already getting tired of them and they are tainted by their relationship with Trump. Anything can happen from here to 2020. I think Nicole, Kasie and Ali should be tested for the Morning Joe format. 

• Love 2

ITA it's time for them to look towards the future. It seems like MSNBC is lagging behind CNN when it comes to younger show hosts and interesting original series.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

I just skip the first twenty minutes (her daily monologue) of her show. By then she is usually introducing her first guest. 

That's funny.  I'm just the opposite.  I love the first twenty minutes of her show.  It's my easy to take history lesson of the day and usually stuff I didn't know.  I love how she connects the dots on things from the past to what's going on today.  Once her guests show up I could tune out, although I'm glad she usually just has one guest at a time.  I hate the panels that the other host have on (well, Lawrence is an exception that)..   

• Love 3

Joy Reid is in more hot water, this time for a disparaging post/photo of John McCain in 2005 (I think).  She apologized to Meghan McC. and perhaps publicly, too.  I wonder how MSNBC is going to deal with this, as she seems to be kind of a darling of TPTB.  She subs for a lot of absent/vacationing hosts, plus does her own show.  She and the network have said she's "evolved" since then, which she probably has.  Why don't they all learn the lesson of, once you put something out on the internet, it's there forever. 

• Love 1