Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't watched him in awhile, but I just see a handsome man tbh. 

He really is very good looking...perfect for TV. If he were my son, I'd sure give him some advice about decorum. But then, if TPTB at MSNBC think this is hip behavior & aren't uncomfortable with it, what do I know? 🥴

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

He really is very good looking...perfect for TV. If he were my son, I'd sure give him some advice about decorum. But then, if TPTB at MSNBC think this is hip behavior & aren't uncomfortable with it, what do I know? 🥴

Ari often has a guest from the entertainment (usually music) business on Fridays. The Friday episodes tend to be a bit lighter in tone heading into the weekends, so I don't mind the rap/hip hop lyrics and references in those circumstances. But with everything going on in the news now, and especially with him broadcasting live outside in D.C. with protesters picketing just feet away - it's not the time or place. 

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 4

I've never liked Todd, so glad to see someone else get a chance there. I generally don't watch anything before Deadline anyway. Joe Scarborough, Andrea Mitchell, and Todd especially get on my nerves. I really only watch Wallace, Melber, Reid, and Maddow (when Maddow's the one hosting her show). I don't mind O'Donnell or Matthews, just don't watch them regularly.

I've often wished Claire McCaskill could get her own show, but I've thought lately that, no, I like seeing her appear on all the other shows because her appearances usually bring a feeling of camaraderie with the hosts of the other shows. Generally she and Confessore (and of course Kornacki) are the best additions. I can't remember if Psaki is getting her own show or if she's just going to be a correspondent on other shows? I've always liked her manner of speaking, no histrionics. Since Maddow's show eventually will be a one-week only thing (if I'm not mistaken), maybe that might happen.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Since Maddow's show eventually will be a one-week only thing (if I'm not mistaken), maybe that might happen.

Not eventually.  Already happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's been great seeing Steve Kornacki back at the big board as primary season unfolds. Chris Hayes had a special two-hour election show last night, at the end of which he had a lengthy hand off with Lawrence O'Donnell. I don't think I've seen a hand off between those two before, though it's probably happened.

MSNBCW_20220518_020000_The_Last_Word_With_Lawrence_ODonnell_000029.jpg

• Love 2

There was a great moment last night on Ayman's show. Jill Wine-Banks' dog began barking - very loudly - in a panel segment. She looked truly embarrassed and called for her husband to take the dog out. The clip is up on the MSNBC website if anyone wants to check it out.

1653184574085_n_ayman_9D_20220521_1920x1080-jvimo3.webp

• Love 1

Is Jill Wine-Banks on any other MSNBC show?  She used to be on a lot but I haven't seen her much since the pandemic.  I actually remember her from The Watergate hearings - she has aged so gracefully.  And what a career!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is Jill Wine-Banks on any other MSNBC show?  She used to be on a lot but I haven't seen her much since the pandemic.  I actually remember her from The Watergate hearings - she has aged so gracefully.  And what a career!

I see her regularly with Nicolle, and sometimes with Lawrence O'Donnell and Stephanie Ruhle. I don't know if she's on the other daytime shows because I'm usually not home to watch them.

Michael Steele filled in for Jonathan Capehart this morning, and was a delight. He's one of my favorite MSNBC panelists, and it's always fun to watch him host.

• Love 2

MSNBC makes it official:  Jen Psaki, Former White House Press Secretary, To Join MSNBC (press release)

As of now, there are no plans for Psaki to anchor her own show on MSNBC.  She will be available as a guest/analyst/pundit, most likely starting sometime in September.  In early 2023, she will launch a streaming-only show on Peacock. 

From the press release:

Jen Psaki, former White House Press Secretary, will join MSNBC this fall, appearing across all the network’s programs on cable and streaming, MSNBC President Rashida Jones announced today.  

Psaki, a veteran former senior government official and campaign advisor, will host a new original program currently under development for streaming. The program, set to debut in the first quarter of 2023, will bring together her unique perspective from behind the podium and her deep experience in the highest levels of government and presidential politics to MSNBC viewers. Psaki will also appear on NBC and during MSNBC’s primetime special election programming throughout the midterms and 2024 presidential election.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I hadn't watched Nicolle Wallace in a long time but I'm watching right now and, I swear, she looks like an Afghan Hound with that long hair draping her shoulders. 

She & Melania love that long, drape-y style that looks like a veil, IMO. 

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Tsk tsk. And I thought "breaking news" was gonna be shelved except for major news stories (e.g., mega big news).

Yesterday I saw them use "Just In." Of course it's "just in"! You're a news network! (Ostensibly.) Why would it not be understood by the audience that news you're reporting is "just in"?

I suppose "Just In" is their pathetic attempt to wean themselves off "Breaking News." (Which as we can see from the posted examples, they've already failed at.) It's like a heroin junkie saying, "I know, I'll just inject half a dose today!" Not how addiction works, sorry.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, Crashcourse said:

I hadn't watched Nicolle Wallace in a long time but I'm watching right now and, I swear, she looks like an Afghan Hound with that long hair draping her shoulders. 

It looks like Nicolle's since had a few inches of hair cut off. It doesn't look as long now, for whatever that's worth.

I also want to compliment MSNBC for the excellent 1/6 hearings coverage, especially the recap specials in the evening with all the primetime hosts. Everyone has been doing great work.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

This is shallow but who cares! Mike Schmidt is looking so much better now that he's married to Nicholle.  His hairstyle looks good. His clothes look better.  I think she's arranged for her stylist to improve his appearance for TV. It's been fun watching the changes in a lot of guests after they've been on TV a bit. Better hairstyles, smarter clothes, improved make-up and/or a little plastic surgery touch up.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, annzeepark914 said:

This is shallow but who cares! Mike Schmidt is looking so much better now that he's married to Nicholle.  His hairstyle looks good. His clothes look better.  I think she's arranged for her stylist to improve his appearance for TV. 

I see what you're saying. He strikes me as a fellow who is so dedicated to his work as an intrepid reporter that he just isn't that interested in his wardrobe. On the whole, it's nice seeing more and more guests come back to the studio. 😁

• Love 2

Alex Wagner will be the permanent Tuesday-through-Friday host for the 9pm timeslot, starting August 16th. Rachel Maddow will continue to host her weekly show on Mondays in the same timeslot.

From the NY Times article in the embedded tweet :

Ms. Wagner, 44, is a fixture of Washington journalism with roots in progressive news and opinion outlets. She worked for MSNBC as a host of a daytime show for several years, and rejoined the channel in February as a senior political analyst and guest-anchor during prime time, filling in for Ms. Maddow and Chris Hayes.

In an interview, Rashida Jones, the channel’s president, said that Ms. Wagner’s experience covering politics would be crucial as the network prepares to cover this fall’s midterm elections.

“This is not a show where our hair is on fire and we’re yelling past each other, and we’re creating these manufactured moments of tension,” Ms. Jones said. “I really want the takeaway from this show to be a better understanding of what’s happening in the world.”

• Love 6

I have always liked Alex Wagner and am happy to see she is hosting a show. I am still shocked! Shocked I tell you! That the network didn’t give another hour to Joe and Mika.🤓 Because four hours is just not enough. I also wish that Stephanie Ruhle would have a midday show; that time slot would be a perfect fit for a financial reporter.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Whenever Claire McCaskill remotes in from her kitchen, she always seems to have some lovely treat on the cake stand (behind her on the left of the screen).  It sets off my sweet tooth something fierce! 

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Whenever Claire McCaskill remotes in from her kitchen, she always seems to have some lovely treat on the cake stand (behind her on the left of the screen).  It sets off my sweet tooth something fierce! 

In my head Clare is aware of the Cake Stand Effect. She had a chocolate pound cake in there two days in a row and it was too much; I finally had to go buy one myself.

***ETA: I bought the cake, not a cake stand.

Edited by chick binewski
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think that Claire's kitchen and cakes/cupcakes have made some other MSNBC contributors up their game with their camera-ready kitchens.

I love when Claire and Jackie Alemany are on the same panel, so we get to see the cupcake cookie jar and the cake stand at the same time. 🎂🍪

• Love 4
On 6/27/2022 at 3:02 PM, Kemper said:

I have always liked Alex Wagner and am happy to see she is hosting a show. I am still shocked! Shocked I tell you! That the network didn’t give another hour to Joe and Mika.🤓 Because four hours is just not enough. I also wish that Stephanie Ruhle would have a midday show; that time slot would be a perfect fit for a financial reporter.

Don't give Joe and Mika any ideas. 😉 I agree that Stephanie Ruhle is probably better suited for 11 am than 11 pm. Her energy is much better suited for the daytime and not when viewer is settling in to sleep. Her voice can get a bit loud and shrill.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Don't give Joe and Mika any ideas. 😉 I agree that Stephanie Ruhle is probably better suited for 11 am than 11 pm. Her energy is much better suited for the daytime and not when viewer is settling in to sleep. Her voice can get a bit loud and shrill.

That’s it! It is her bright-eyed enthused on-air persona that I love on daytime tv; but not at night when I am settling into bed and ready to wind down. I think the network really missed the mark by moving her. Surely there could be an afternoon slot that would suit her skills perfectly; she is primarily a business/stock market expert. So why put her on a late night show. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

That’s it! It is her bright-eyed enthused on-air persona that I love on daytime tv; but not at night when I am settling into bed and ready to wind down. I think the network really missed the mark by moving her. Surely there could be an afternoon slot that would suit her skills perfectly; she is primarily a business/stock market expert. So why put her on a late night show. 

Exactly. Too bad they just can't move her to 11 am in the slot recently vacated by Craig Melvin. I honestly thought Chris Jansing would be better suited for 11 pm - I thought she did well there filling in for Brian Williams last summer. But I'm happy that she has a daily show again so I won't quibble too much there.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think the network really missed the mark by moving her.

This is the same network that decided four hours of MJ would be a good thing, when they weren't adequately managing the three hours they already had.  The last good decision they made, IMO, was moving Chuck Toad out of sight and giving that time to Nicolle.

What is their plan for Jen Psaki?  Haven't seen her pop up anywhere yet. 

Editing because I just had a sudden brainstorm:  what about moving Shepard Smith over from CNBC, where his talent is totally being wasted, and put him in that last slot?  He's a news guy and there should be a news guy somewhere on the network.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

I would be happy to help you avoid embarrassing gaffes like these:

Will you do it for free? Because I think part of the problem with these sorts of things is they cut costs and don't have enough staff to look at all of this stuff. I've seen the same thing on the newspaper side in the past.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Will you do it for free? Because I think part of the problem with these sorts of things is they cut costs and don't have enough staff to look at all of this stuff. I've seen the same thing on the newspaper side in the past.

Hey, I'd do it for free. The reason I was let go from my newspaper job in 2014 was because they were cutting payroll and I was at the very bottom of the seniority totem pole. MSNBC, I'm available!

It was a treat getting to see Michael Steele twice in one evening - with Ari and then Ayman. He looked very sharp in a blue polo!!! 😎😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Someone needs to have a serious chat with Nicholle re: on-air wise/unwise wardrobe choices. She looked ridiculous last night.

I had to correct the spelling... can't believe it came out as Michelle.

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I know I am the only one. But I am sick to death of Jonathan Lemire. I like him; he is an excellent host. But he is everywhere it seems from morning to night.  Give someone else a guest spot on the shows. At this point the network seems to be a bit inbred. Other than the weekends.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I know I am the only one. But I am sick to death of Jonathan Lemire. I like him; he is an excellent host. But he is everywhere it seems from morning to night.  Give someone else a guest spot on the shows. At this point the network seems to be a bit inbred. Other than the weekends.

I really like Lemire! He's an excellent reporter, has a measured, low-key presentation, and there's just a something nice about him. I don't watch his show cause it's "wayyyy too early" for me 😉, so I don't see him that much.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

He may be on so much now because he is promoting a book. (Yes, somehow he found the time to write a book!) I'm still waiting for him to fall asleep on the air one of these days. 😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3

Dont' was spotted yesterday on MSNBC. I'm no good at screenshots, but the latest gaffe is a fun, dont'. 

This jumped right out at me, how does something like this get to air with no one catching it?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

Dont' was spotted yesterday on MSNBC. I'm no good at screenshots, but the latest gaffe is a fun, dont'. 

This jumped right out at me, how does something like this get to air with no one catching it?

Not only that, but here's another gaffe I spotted the other day. Yes, someone needs to do a better job catching the typos before they get on the air. "Invesigation"? SMH.

Just now, there was a Jonathan Lemire WEEKEND spotting! He was on with Alex Witt. Good grief, let the poor man rest!!!!

IMG_20220726_220718.jpg

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Pete Williams, enjoy your retirement.

"Breaking News" is a phrase that is used far to often, but the definition of it was watching Williams stand in front of the Supreme Court, reading and reporting on just released decisions on live TV. 

Edited by xaxat
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Yet another embarrassing gaffe - "od": 😫

I had a nursing instructor who told us that if our white shoes were dirty, she assumed our underwear was dirty, too.

When MSNBC can't be bothered to manage simple but important proofreading before putting their work product on the air, it makes me wonder if their news gathering process might be suspect, too.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, xaxat said:

Pete Williams, enjoy your retirement

I was (kinda) impressed that most of the anchors saying goodbye yesterday did a different package so we weren't seeing the same piece every hour.  Andrea almost cried.  

She should take a hint... 

• Like 4
  • Love 2